Arc 1 - Rescue

Athena squeaked in shock, jumping and taking a big step back as he shouted. With wide eyes, she listened to him, not saying anything for a minute or two after he had finished talking, as she frantically tried to think of something to say to him. "I-I'm sorry...", she whispered so quietly, she wondered if he could even hear her.
"I shouldn't have asked, I knew I shouldn't. I-I'm so-sorry.", her lip wobbled, as she opened the terrace door, and went through it without looking back. She walked quickly through the large room, and went out into a corridor, following it for a bit before going into a dark alcove, pausing and taking a few deep breaths as she recovered. Yes, she had been shocked by him shouting, and her heart was still pounding, but she had half expected something similar. She was recovering from her own reprimand, which was so severe she had brought tears to her own eyes. She didn't want to disappoint him, nor did she want to upset him, which is what she had done.
Still in the shadowy alcove, she scrubbed at her eyes, blinking as she took a few more deep breaths, still telling herself off mentally.
Elowyn Elowyn

— Shuugo Izuru, the Black Fox
:the northern terrace:

He hadn't meant to frighten her. After all, he had been the one to ask that she speak boldly in front of him. Regret filled him, leaving him feeling empty. He was alone. This wasn't what he wanted. She was too weak mentally, too intimidated by him. Making the wrong choice with females was something he was familiar with. Perhaps this was a bad idea after all... Someone who was so eager to make big statements, someone who didn't have stability in her emotions. He sighed. One moment she was shining with happiness, the next she had dissolved into stuttering. It was too much for one fox to handle. He transformed into his fox form and flew off, wishing and regretting there had been a different result.

He should apologize to her, he knew, but he didn't know how. She had touched upon something in him that he hated. Something he was unwilling to give. He didn't want to disappoint her, but he wasn't going to give all of himself to this girl.

FrostFire FrostFire
coded by dwale

Lilly watched as Jack's expression darkened, she was worried for him, and as she was about to ask if he was ok, he spoke, joking about the age gap between them. "I don't mind cooking you something." She said, half taking what he'd said seriously, she knew that it was supposed to be a joke, but she wasn't all that sure with Jack as the moment, something seemed off about him. "I... I'm not really...." She trailed off unable to finish her sentence.

((Sorry it's so short))

FrostFire FrostFire CactusJuice CactusJuice

Jack was blinked with surprise. Then waved his hands frantically worried he'd upset Lilly. "I'm not saying you're old or anything. I just didn't know you were old enough to date let alone get married." He gave a nervous laugh. Jack had never been very good at talking to or understanding women, but he was doing his best not to make her feel bad. Well a bit of honesty couldn't hurt, right? He sighed. "...look we don't have to cook or anything if you don't want to...it's just...I wanted to..." Forming the proper words was difficult for him. He was still so unsure about pretty much everything he'd known. However, there was one thing he did know. I don't want to make Lilly cry. His face became more serious. Even if she was older then him, he didn't like seeing her cry. It was like watching a human child cry, and it seemed earnest. Despite his job, Jack wasn't one to enjoy other's suffering. He bowed deeply. "I wanted to say I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to treat you the way I did. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I just wanted to let you know." He said as earnestly as he could manage. After he'd spoken, Jack couldn't look at her. He still felt guilty about what he'd done, so he just waited for her response. Whether it was positive or negative, Jack would accept it.
Geozaki Geozaki FrostFire FrostFire

Lilly looked up at Jack pausing for a moment. A silence filled the room for a moment, which felt like it went on for hours, though it wasn't even a couple of seconds. Suddenly, Lilly took a step forward, before dashing over to Jake and launching herself at him. She hugged him tight, before stepping back awkwardly. "Ah!... I'm sorry..." she said softly. "I um... I forgive you..." she said shyly, fearing she'd over done it.

CactusJuice CactusJuice FrostFire FrostFire

Jack couldn't help but be tense to the following silence. Lilly may have been a shy person, but he couldn't help but think she was steeling herself to give him an angry reply. After all, that's what he deserved. He'd made her cry more then once since they first met, so he couldn't blame her for being angry. I'll be lucky if she forgives me before I d- His thoughts were cut off when he suddenly found himself embraced. Shocked, it took a moment for Jack to take it all in. Ever since his parents died, his grandfather had always treated him quiet coldly. He'd always thought of it as his grandfather trying to toughen him up, and he'd grown used to his grandfather's tough love, but that meant he hadn't received a hug like this for quite some time. In the past years, the only time someone had wrapped their arms around him is if they wanted something. Whether it was his death or his money, it was never an earnest reason. Lilly's earnest action made him think of his parents, but strangely this time his memories were more focused on the happy moments he had with them rather than their deaths. The memories brought tears to his eyes. He lowered himself until he about matched Lilly's height, and then he returned her hug with one of his own. After several moments passed, Jack found himself blushing slightly as he realized what he was doing. His own actions had surprised even himself. Now it was his turn to step back awkwardly. What am I doing? I'm a grown man; I shouldn't be breaking down like this. He quickly turned his head away slightly and rubbed his eyes with a hand to eradicate any evidence of tears. "Sorry about that. It probably sounds a bit silly, but I forgot how nice a hug can be sometimes." He said with a small smile on his face. He hoped he hadn't freaked the girl out too much. Whether Lilly knew it or not, her simple actions had really gotten through to the Monster Hunter. While he was still hesitant about the others, Lilly had gained his trust...or rather she'd regained it.

Lilly looked up at Jack, she'd been almost as surprised to receive his hug as he had to receive hers. She felt sorry for him, his comment also caught her off guard a little. She realised that they'd only really known each other for a couple of days, and she didn't really know anything about Jack's background, though his comment made her feel like it hadn't been your normal 'Happy Family' upbringing, but then again, she doubted a job like his would come from a happy upbringing. She did, however, understand what he meant, she thought back to her time before Gen and Hiro, but quickly shook the thoughts away. She returned his smile when he smiled at her. "Don't be sorry..." She said softly.
CactusJuice CactusJuice FrostFire FrostFire

For once, he'd managed to make her smile. "Thanks." Jack found himself reddening slightly again. It was strange; he'd never been very self conscious. His one and only focus had been hunting monsters, so he hadn't bothered with worrying what other people's opinions of him were. He rubbed the back of his head. "I'm a bit lost. Do you think you can direct me to Gen's room? It seems she wants to keep a close eye on me." Jack still hadn't considered the implications of being invited to sleep in the woman's room. To him it seemed perfectly logical. Allowing a monster hunter to roam free in a mansion of monsters could only lead to trouble. "Unless you still want to make something that is." He quickly added. "I just figured you might want to get some rest. We all have a big day ahead of us tomorrow." Even when you received training to deal with it like he had, a lack of sleep could only have a negative effect on one's performance. In this case, a poor performance could lead to death for all of them. Come to think of it. I do hope Johnny actually manages to get some rest. From the way he'd been dragged off, Jack wouldn't have been surprised if the man was very tired the next day.

Genevieve, the mouse, hopped out from her hiding place as she was mentioned, and she sat as daintily as was able for a mouse, on the edge of the table, and cleaned her whiskers with her paws.
Obviously, a mouse cannot smirk, but she would've been if she could. She was very pleased with what had happened, and it seemed Jack had been right, Lilly was able to destroy his boundaries.
She wondered how he would react to the cute little mouse watching them both from the counter, a scary intelligence in its eyes. Of course, Lilly knew which creatures she could shift to, of which there were 4 including the mouse. She was gifted with more shape shifting abilities, as opposed to having other very strong powers.
Deciding not to transform back just yet, she squeaked at the two of them.
CactusJuice CactusJuice Geozaki Geozaki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back