• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community ~*April 2024 Buddy Event!*~

Eeriel

"Nice one,"

It seemed Eeriel's luck had shifted after that disastrous first buddy. Now with renewed sprit, the cat pocketed her new buddy and looks for the next one

Action:
Searching buddy

Inventory
4/10 ball
1/1 bait
Water buddy
Shadow buddy

Michael

1712030532996-png.1154494
Michael smiled at the result. Free had become quite the happy wind dragon of a buddy. However he helf out a hand to pause the professor.

"Sorry Professor, but I have another buddy I would like to merge with free."

Michael explained, holding up the metal buddies ball to the professor.

mentions: Moonberry Moonberry
actions: merging Base wind/lightning buddy Free with metal buddy

resources:
10/10 balls
1/1 bait
3 wind buddies
1 wind/lightning buddy +1 speed +1 intelligence (Free)
1 metal buddy

♫ Buddy Center ♫

67b38559-1557-4250-8d92-b80fcd1aeac8.webp

The professor was only slightly surprised at the hand being held up. He chuckled and nodded, putting Free back in the chamber. And fastened the metal one into its place. Then, again he went through the process. Flipping switches and turning knobs. The glow emitted and slowly faded, to reveal the new creature. He pulled it out and nodded approvingly. "My my, this seems to be quite the creature you have here. The stats seem decent too. Well done."

Novama Novama

Eeriel

"What the hell are you?"

Out of all the buddies she had seen so far, this must be the weirdest one. It looks like a lump of mossy rock with legs and tail. Whereas the other buddies usually looks like an already existing animal with element slapped onto their existence.

Eeriel threw a rock towards the rock creature. The buddy slowly leered at her. Eeriel threw a ball before it can attack her.

Action:
Capturing with rock and ball

Inventory
3/10 ball
1/1 bait
Water buddy
Shadow buddy

KURO NEKOMATA
ECCENTRIC | ORPHAN | BEAST(MUNDANE)

Designer (7).png
Unfortunately for Kuro, the Buddy Ball failed to capture the Ice Buddy. She decided to stick to her guns and move on however, and went in search of a different Buddy. Once she had two, she'd return to the Professor's Lab again and see what fun things she could do with the Buddy's that she had caught.

Glacier had separated awhile ago to return to the lab, but if she stuck around the Ice Tundra, she was sure they'd meet up again eventually.

ACTIONS | SEARCH FOR A BUDDY| B-BALL #: 7 | BUDDY COUNT: 1
Moonberry Moonberry

Ruby Larue
Gesture - Dash Forward.jpgRuby dashed across the red dirt, searching the surrounding area for her fleeing target. Her path through the Mesa soon led her to encounter an aggressive mound of rocks. It pawed at the ground and, more importantly, blocked her path! “Halt!-- No, wait! Move!!” She yelled with arms crossed over her face. Attempting to avoid a head-on collision, Ruby dug her heels into the dirt. And while she succeeded in halting in time, the mound of rocks intended to make the collision happen anyway!

It charged at her, forcing Ruby to roll out of the way – and bite a mouthful of dirt as she landed face down in the red dirt. Her hand coincidentally landed on a nice, throwable rock. “Spht-- Hey!!” She yelled while spitting dirt - and threw the rock! The way it hit the creature made Ruby pause as if trying to recall something important. “Oh! Professor Blankcard's task! Umm... Ball-- Work with me ball!” She hastily muttered to herself as she dug through the fluff of her tail. Luckily, Ruby found one of the Buddy Balls tangled in the fluff, which she promptly threw at the agitated Earth Buddy.

Action: Catching a Buddy (+ Rock Throw)

Items:
9/10 Buddy Balls
1/1 Bait

Buddies:

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Moonberry Moonberry

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Moonberry Moonberry

• and the results are…

Unfortunately that one fled as well, so Nickelas and Griffin surveyed the area in hope to find another buddy

Action 1:
    Search for buddy

Supplies: 1 Bait, 6 Buddy balls.

1712253086750.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Pack:
Buddy Balls x8
Bait x0

Buddies:
"Drat, mmhhmm! Oh, uh, sorry, mmhhmm, I shouldn't use such words, mmhhmm. I just got caught up in the moment, mmhhmm." She did her best to be concise as Calliope dove out of the way of the charging Buddy. "I will not be deterred, mmhhmm! I will struggle for greater understanding, mmhhmm!" She pulled another ball from her bag and hucked it at the passing aggressor. "Sorry, yours didn't work out, perhaps the next one will, mmhhmm!"

Actions: Throw another Ball while Bait is active

Mentions: Vaudivolt Vaudivolt

Last edited:
Ruby Larue
Gesture - Silent Contemplation.jpgHuh? Oh!” Ruby turned to Calliope and replied with a notable smirk, “But it was a battle for the ages, right?? With the charging-and then again-and the throwing balls-and the pssh! Bwoah!!” As Ruby chattered on, her wild gestures reenacted the encounter – adding a few more explosions than had actually been present in the short-lived battle. Once satisfied with her performance, Ruby placed her hand against her forehead to block the sunlight from interfering with her search of the surrounding area.

You focus on your battle, partner,” Ruby encouraged, while squinting into the distance, “I will stand guard-and nothing will invisible us if we stay... virgi-- versi- tile? Vigilant!!

Action: Searching for a Buddy

Items:
9/10 Buddy Balls
1/1 Bait

Buddies:

Izuru
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry

Catching the little turtle had been a wonderful net gain for Izuru. Now he was done looking at the beach and was up to hit the final stop on his journey. The Mesa Zone was where he hoped to catch either an Earth or Fire type Buddy to complete his collection of initial Buddies.

Pack
  • x2 Buddy Balls
  • x1 Bait
  • x1 Wind Buddy
  • x1 Lightning Buddy
  • x1 Metal Buddy
  • x1 Water Buddy

Actions:
.Travel to Mesa Zone

♫ A Wild Buddy Appears ♫

shadow.webp

Ruby's vigilance paid off. She was able to spot something flittering about within the shadows of the canyons. When she got close enough she could see a shadow bird, diving from shadow to shadow.

(Throw a ball or a bait. Or a rock. Good luck with the rock thing. Might be hard to hit. You can run too I guess. Don't forget the D10!)
Vaudivolt Vaudivolt

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Moonberry Moonberry

• and the results are…

After seeing another earth buddy. Griffin decided to pick up and rock and threw it at the buddy in question. Nickelas just watched.

Action 1:

Throwing rock to attempt to catch buddy

Supplies: 1 Bait, 5 Buddy balls.

Last edited:
1712258810411.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Pack:
Buddy Balls x7
Bait x0

Buddies:

Calliope frowned as the ball flew past her target, and it turned to busy itself with the bait. "Alright, this might be a little harder than I originally anticipated, mmhhmm." She turned to her new Squirelly frined. "How are you faring, hhhmmm?" That's when she caught sight of the gorgeous winged creature Ruby was locked in combat with. She cold only mutter a silent wow, before turning back to her own quarry. "Alright, mmhhmm. I have had just about enough of this, mmhhmm. You will cooperate, mmhhmm!" She tossed another ball towards it as it snacked.

Izuru

Arriving at the Mesa Zone. Izuru wasted no time in beginning his search for anything resembling a Buddy he HADN'T caught yet. Placing a gloved hand on the rocky terrain. The dragonkin took a deep breath of that good good sand filled air before climbing off his rock to look for Buddies.

Pack
  • x2 Buddy Balls
  • x1 Bait
  • x1 Wind Buddy
  • x1 Lightning Buddy
  • x1 Metal Buddy
  • x1 Water Buddy

Actions:
.Look for Buddies:

Ruby Larue
Gesture - Dash Forward.jpgHaving kept a keen eye on the canyons ahead, Ruby spotted something. However, she did not know what exactly. It looked like a moving shadow, the way it darted between the dark corners of the canyon. While her eyes continued to track the rapid movements, her ears flicked toward Calliope as she addressed her, “Faring?-- Umm... Well! I'm fary well?” Ruby hesitantly answered, pausing for an awkward moment before – literally – running away from the conversation by using the shadow as an excuse, “W-Well, there might be something dangerous over there! I'll go investigate-and be back fary soon! I promise!

Within seconds of an awkward dash, Ruby reached the canyon. Unable to spot the creature at a glance, she picked a loose rock off the ground and threw it at the canyon wall. She had hoped the sudden noise would startle the creature out of hiding – but instead, the lucky shot hit the Shadow Buddy. It revealed its position, which prompted Ruby to throw a Buddy Ball at it before it could dart away!

Action: Catching a Buddy (+ Rock Throw ""Meta"")

Items:
8/10 Buddy Balls
1/1 Bait

Buddies:

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

1712261389704.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Pack:
Buddy Balls x6
Bait x0

Buddies:

Callipe stared dumbfounded as the rock throwing seemed to work. She wasn't sure she wanted to throw a rock at a small creature, but... she couldn't argue with results. She took a breath of resolve and lifted a stone. "I-I am sorry, small creature, mmhhmm!" She closed her eyes hurling the rock, followed by a quick buddy ball throw.

Action: Rock and Ball Throw

Mentions: Vaudivolt Vaudivolt

Izuru

Locating a little cluster of rocks in the shape of a potential new mark. Izuru crawled along the ground like a gecko. Locking eyes with the Earth Buddy for a few seconds. The dragonkin grabbed a ball from his sack and approached the creature very slowly. It had very few options. All that mattered was that it get inside of this ball.

Pack
  • x2 - x1 Buddy Balls
  • x1 Bait
  • x1 Wind Buddy
  • x1 Lightning Buddy
  • x1 Metal Buddy
  • x1 Water Buddy

Actions:
.Catch Buddies:

Eeriel

"Tch, whatever"

Eeriel simply watched as the buddy rolled away. She didn't really want that one anyway. Maybe its time for her to move to another place. Leaving the Mesa, the cat once again took a random direction and keep walking

Action:
Traveling from mesa to volcano zone

Inventory
3/10 ball
1/1 bait
Water buddy
Shadow buddy

♫ Sudden Encounter ♫

07cc44a1-d95b-443f-972d-cb9b298eb93f.webp

The mesa was quiet, for the most part. The occasional noises of the earth buddies roaring each other off. The tooting of the metal rhinos hiding from the newcomers. Amidst Ruby and Caliopes wanderings, and just after Griffins achievement. Eeriel and Izuru just arriving in the mesa. Something started to rumble the ground near the center. And to those who looked up, they could see a very large mound of rocks. Moving. It was lumbering slowly towards the area that Ruby, Caliope, and Griffin were. Though Izuru and Eeriel weren't far off themselves.

Mudruck 100/100

Random Encounter Rules
First Random encounter guys! It's like a raid boss. Get your buddies out and get ready to fight with them. You can roleplay as fighting alongside your buddies. However to determine damage, we'll say that it goes as follows.

Stats
Str for damage
F, E: 3 sided dice.
D, C: 5 Sided Dice
B, A: 8 Sided dice

Vitality
Vit for health
F,E: 25 hp
D,C: 50 Hp
B,A:75 HP

The stats of your buddy will determine the amount of damage you can do. And the roll will show how much you actually did. Once everyone involved has reacted, I will respond with the raid boss's retaliation. And then you may react again with your rolls. This will continue until it's beaten. Once beaten, each participant will receive +1 to any stat they choose for their buddy. Please list the chosen buddy you will be using and their stats in your post.
DarkKitsune DarkKitsune StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Vaudivolt Vaudivolt Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Maxxob Maxxob

ANNELLANUS GILGRAMFRIED
eG34DnZ.png

Moonberry Moonberry

The chemistry of water underneath it's feet quickly vapored. Propelling itself with water jetted limbs The unnamed buddy burst forward accepting the warriors challenge.
"Let's dance."

Off with your head! The beasts jet fueled approached was matched with the warriors trained dodge. Dashing to its blind spot in one swift motion, he'd solder his feet into the wet ground. Muscles digging boots into ground, firing off an aimless rapid jab with his front hand. Then his lungs emptied. With animalistic instinct and superiority he had foolishly went into the range of it's tail. His jab never met his foe's vitals but the blunt of a tail whip sending the warrior back. Impact doomed him with an epic bludgeoning sound as his armor wrinkled.

ACTION: TRAINING
Water/Wind Buddy

Strength: D (+2 Page 11)
Precision: F
Intelligence: F
Vitality: F
Speed: F

Ruby Larue
Gesture - Tribute to the Moon.jpgSuddenly, before her eyes, the Shadow Buddy disappeared! Shocked, Ruby hastily searched the canyon walls for a sign of the shadow until her eyes landed on the Buddy Ball, shifting side-to-side on the ground. And just as she reached down to pick it up, it gave a metallic chime. “Umm...” Ruby murmured while she inspected the ball – and gave it a rough shake.

In response, the ball activated, releasing the Shadow Buddy from its container – and it immediately flew off into the distance! “Wooah-- Hey!! Where are you going??” Ruby yelled, racing after the creature until she had returned to Calliope and saw her Shadow Buddy square off against a hulking mound of rocks lumbering towards them. “Oh! ... That's the spirit, Bird!!” Ruby yelled her encouragement as she drew her rapier and pointed the silver blade at the living mountain, “Retreat now, beast, or eat silver! Bird, attack!!

Action: Attack the Mudruck

Items:
8/10 Buddy Balls
1/1 Bait

Buddies:
1/1 Shadow Buddies

Bird F (Shadow) HP = 25
Strength F
Vitality F

Last edited:
1712263075927.png
Calliope Dar'Maoro
Pack:
Buddy Balls x6
Bait x0

Buddies:
1712263048811.png
  • Gilgamush F (Earth) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F

Calliope watched in anticipation as the ball rocked, squeezing her fists as if she was holding UP + B. Once, twice, three times! CHHHICKKT! (And stars!) Calliope picked up the ball and leapt with glee as she clutched it in both hands. "I did it, mmhhmm!" She turned back to Ruby smiling. "Did yours go well?" Before she could get a reply however, the ground shook and large creature formed before them. Her ears dropped as she stared up at it, but then she noticed the others around. "Time to try this out I suppose, mmhhmm." She tossed her now occupied buddy ball and smiled. "Goooooo!!!!!... Um... Gilga!!!... mush?... hhhmmm? That can't be right, mmhhmm." But the ball burst open and her new friend appeared ready to battle. "Alright, Gil, you prepared for trouble, mmhhmm? Give it all you got, mmhhmm! And make it double, mmhhmm!"

Actions: Attack with Gilgamush F

Mentions: Vaudivolt Vaudivolt Moonberry Moonberry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back