• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

Anastasiya Griggs
The stranger's initial reaction startled Anastasiya, causing her to pull her rifle into her shoulder and prepared for what could be the worst outcome that could have possibly been, but then laughter followed the yelp. She grinned, the feeling of relief temporarily ridding her of the stinging sensation of the cold attacking her skin. Her eyes followed the woman as she lowered her weapon again. She could tell there was no need for violence - or at least she convinced herself since it was the only choice she really had. She spoke through shivers and small giggles to the stranger, their sentences overlapping. "Yeah, yeah. It's pretty cold." Ana felt the friendly environment die down as the serious, but definitely reasonable question was asked.

"I just want to eat and not be cold. Just for a little bit. Do you think you can help me out with that?" She flicked her rifle onto safety and took a slow step forward, a small grin forming on her face. There was something about this stranger that felt welcoming and she trusted it. "Please say yes, I may be tough but I like being comfortable more," she laughed.

Colette Angeliqué

Colette's hand left its place above the holster as fast as it had settled down there. This girl meant no harm, there was no excuse for violence, her instinct was right after all. "I just want to eat and not be cold. Just for a little bit. Do you think you can help me out with that?" She suddently felt very sorry for the stranger standing in front her, Colette had a feeling since the beginning that the other female wouldn't cause trouble for the group and with her paranoia being serevely increased in the recent months, that was saying something.

"Please say yes, I may be tough but I like being comfortable more," Her laughter broke off a little bit of the tension on the air and the brunette was quick to answer, words shooting out of her mouth before she could even give a second thought to them. "Yeah, yeah, sure! I'm so sorry for not offering help earlier but you know, it wasn't very safe." She pulled one her backpack straps off her shoulder and did the same to the other, leaving the bag on the floor right in front of her; there was a fading deadpool logo that usually appeared on its merchandise on the front pocket along with a few marvel super heroes pins attached to the fabric. As the girl kneeled on ground and the fingers, that seemed to open the holster on her thigh as easily as pulling the trigger on the gun inside it, now fumbled with zipper, Colette started talking again, an anxious tone on her voice. "I'm Colette, by the way. It would be nice to know your name, I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to! It would just be nice to kno- Shit!" The zipper seemed to be stuck and she was afraid that it could break if applied too much pressure.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Allegra Sauvagess
"You sure there's no one else in there? Or that it hasn't been taken over already by the dead?"
Allegra smiled at Will's question, entertaining herself with his constantly worried nature. She honestly found it cute, how overprotective he was with everyone there. It was a breath of fresh air to her, considering that Andrew and Tyche would be constantly bickering with each other and Naomi seemed like she was living in her own reality whenever she wasn't shooting zombies.
"That's the beauty of scavenging for supplies, Will." Ally said, taking a quick side glance at his figure. "It's full of surprises."
After saying this, Ally lifted the door up, allowing the sun to infiltrate and take over the place, kicking the darkness that once occupied it out. It also revealed that the building was most likely under construction before the infection began, as it was barren.
There was a stripped down truck to their left. Coveren in rust, there was nothing they could salvage from that. There was also a generator to their right, that had a few cables that connected to the door she previously lifted.
Allegra cringed once she saw how empty the building was. Gently lowering the door behind them, her eyes hunted for a sign - any sign - of the safe room. She spotted a small room with the windows boarded up in the far ends of the place and proceeded to walk over to it.
Approaching the door that led into the room, she basically kicked the thing open. Stepping inside, her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach.
Mirroring the state of the building, the safe room was just as empty. There were a few cardboard boxes strewn about, a makeshift bed that had seen better days and a desk with a few empty clips on top of it. Allegra began frantically searching for something - anything.
"No no no no no no-" she chanted, searching through every nook and cranny for supplies.
S n o w S n o w

Katherine Powell
Kate took a tired glance at the front door of the building that had kept her trapped, where the snow entered and penetrated through her clothes. She made out the vague figure of someone approaching the rundown apartment. She immediately felt a surge of adrenaline and hope course through her body.
Katherine started whistling at the figure. Short, frenetic, high pitched whistles that were sure to grab her attention.
Or at least she hoped.

spacient spacient

Anastasiya Griggs
Anastasiya took a breath, letting go of her rifle and allowing the sling to keep it close to her form. "I can understand what you mean. The most dangerous weapon is a Marine and her rifle," she mocked the saying her friends would always say in the barracks. She took a step towards the girl and knelt in front of her, a slight grin never leaving her face. There was something about the situation that reminded her of the first day of school. It was almost like she just made a friend her freshman year. Her eyes fell on the bag, and her ears focusing on the words of her now-savior. Colette. She liked that name. A short burst of laughter as she watched the girl fumble with both her words and the zipper.

She reached forward, her fingers brushing across the fabric of the bag and pulling the strands that the zipper was caught on. The sound of the bag unzipping initiated her sentence. "I'm Anastasiya. Griggs. Marine. Well... Used to be. But." Her words faded into awkward mumbling.

Cronos Cronos

Francesca Illiani
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen
Frankie froze as she heard a high pitched whistle, and she ducked, expecting it to be some kind of attack call. She checked behind her a moment, turned the corner of the hall, and yet she saw nobody. She didn't hear anybody's footsteps, and then she realized that if she were going to be shot, then she would be dead by now. She followed the whistle, hoping now that it was just the wind working its way through a hole in the woodwork. She followed the sound to a section of collapsed stairs, the broken pieces of the stairs and the floor landed on top of a woman.

She crouched again, looking into the face of Katherine who was starting to look more dead than alive - probably cold, sunken eyes and cheeks from most likely awful and uncomfortable sleep, , "Holy.... How long have you been down here?" she was looking around for a second now, trying to see if anyone else was here and if this was just a ruse to attack her. Though, judging by Katherine's obvious signs of malnutrition and dehydration, that was probably not the case

Colette Angeliqué

"Thanks, I was afraid it might break and that would be really unfortunate on current conditions." A small laugh pushed pass her lips, hands reaching into the bag as she began talking again, now a little bit slower and easier to understand. "Angeliqué, that's my last name and I'm a senior, still in high school, ya know? Well, guess I can't say that 'I am'. " She pulled one of her hands out of the bag, holding out two fingers and making air quotations as she spoke the last part. " 'I was' would be more appropriate. I like your name, though." Anastasiya. What a nice name. She thought. "And a Marine, huh? That seems cool, my dad was a hunter so I was training to be one too, my aim is quite good!" Colette's gaze was focused on the contents of the backpack, occasional glances being directed at the girl in front of her; her voice being slightly raised as excitement filled her senses. It was nice having someone to actually talk to.

Once the brunette found what she was looking, a cotton blanket was pulled out of the bag with an awkward smile resting on her lips. "It was Summer when I packed so it's not very warm, but I believe it could provide some kind of warmth." She held out the blanket to Anastasiya, hoping that it would be enough.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Last edited:
Will Harris

Will didn't appreciate her answer, or lack of one, but followed her inside anyway. He held his crossbow in front of him just in case, his eyes scanning the room for any movement. He grimaced when he saw the state that the 'safe house' was in. He should have known that it wouldn't be this easy. He shouldn't have let her get his hopes up either, because now he was just as disappointed as she was. He re-hooked his crossbow to the strap on his back and went over to the generator. He pushed a few buttons and inspected the cables, but it didn't seem like anything was happening so he left it alone. Will looked over the car too, but anything valuable was long gone.

He was back at square one, with starvation reclaiming the spot at the top of his list of things to worry about. He winced as she loudly kicked the door open, tensing. He took another look around the room, as if something would suddenly pop out at him, but it seemed like it really was empty. Of the living and the dead. If no one found any food... Will sighed deeply, shook his head, and jogged after Allegra. "Find anything-" he stopped when he saw what she was doing, because it was obvious that she didn't. He moved closer, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry about..." he trailed off. He wasn't sure why any of these safe houses were important to her, and he didn't want to ask if she didn't want to talk. "I'm sorry that things turned out this way," he said finally. "I wanted this to be full of supplies as much as you did." He picked up a clip and turned it over, but only dust came out. "We should head back."

Anastasiya Griggs
She listened, and she watched the girl - Colette - rummage through the bag as she spoke. Ana's smile was still there, half of the reason being that the person she came across was a good person, and the other half being her convincing herself that the cold had frozen her muscles. "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, you're a graduate. I think the given circumstances can leave you not going back to high school."

Anastasiya waved her hand dismissively, "Oh, my name is so generic where my mom's from." It was true. She was never a fan of her own name. She figured it would've been weird, but nonetheless, it was such a boring name with a boring nickname. But, she lived with it. It was the best she could do for her mother, seeing as she was the one who named her. Ana raised an eyebrow when she heard Colette's statement about becoming a Marine. It motivated her. It always did. Seeing younger kids or her own peers looking up to her made her feel like she was making a difference, and it was good to know that she still had that effect on someone even after the apocalypse. But then again, it was Colette's father that was the inspiration and the difference. She shut herself down.

"Yeah. I was a journalist for the Corps. Little Lance Corporal." It was a nickname her squad leaders had given her when she was transferred to her new platoon. She found her eyes meeting the excited gaze of the girl and an idea sparked. "Hey, we can do some training and if you're down, I could declare you a Marine. I might be the only one left, so I guess it's fair if I say I run it, right?" She laughed as she took the blanket, saying nothing, but her face held a strong emotion of gratitude; the effectiveness of the blanket didn't matter. It was the thought that counted.

Cronos Cronos

Colette Angeliqué

"Hey, we can do some training and if you're down, I could declare you a Marine. I might be the only one left, so I guess it's fair if I say I run it, right?" Colette pondered the question for a few seconds. It had caught her off guard. She was training to be a hunter ever since she was a child, the possibility of another career never even crossed her mind. "I guess I never really thought about it, being something other than a hunter. I was a champion archer for five years in a row but my step-mother always said to me that it was a hobby, that I could never make a career out of that. I guess she was right, though." A sigh escaped from her lips, leaving a sad smile behind. "I just-" She paused, unsure of what to say next. Unsure if she should be telling this to someone she just met, if Anastasiya even wanted to listen.

Her whole life, Colette was told that she would be a hunter. Keep on with the family legacy, and when her mother died everything just became so much more aggravated. The weight on her shoulders. The burden. She felt like her mother's death was her fault and feared that her dad would blame her for it. With a shake of her head, the girl tried her best to push those thoughts to the back of her mind.

"I guess it would be nice to do something else for a change and could be a distraction for both us."
A smile adorned her face as she moved slightly, sitting on her heels. "Assuming you're coming with the group." The blush that crept on her cheeks could be blamed on the cold atmosphere, or so that she tried to convince herself.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Allegra Sauvagess
"Everybody get in!" Naomi shouted, holding the door open and taking aim at the undead as the other three hurried into the safe room. She closed the door after the last of them got in and quickly barricaded the door.
Everyone panted, exhausted from all the sprinting. Tyche had his hands on his hips while Allegra rested her arm on his shoulder.
"Tyche..." Andrew began. He had his hands on his knees as sweat dribbled down his face. "I hate you."
Tyche chuckled, his characteristic grin taking it's rightful place on his lips. Naomi quickly intervened, hoping to avoid an argument between the two. They already had their plates full anyway.
"Andy, they were coming from behind us; Tyche did the most sensible thing." She defended the boy, who simply observed the nurse as he recovered, grin still intact. Naomi glanced over to Tyche. "Although you could've stopped shooting once their bodies dropped and exposed the car." She stated, making his face change from a smile to a "there it is" expression.
Ally recovered faster than the others, and she already made her way towards the safe room's exit door. She looked through the aperture window on the metal door that kept them safe, trying to understand where they were.
"What is this place?" Allegra asked as she turned back to the other three. Tyche frowned, shocked that she didn't know what this place was.
"You serious? We're in the Eclipse Music Hall, how could you not know?" He asked, finally recovering from the extreme exercise they endured back at the highway. He walked forward towards the door and peeked into the dark building. He could only make out a few figures, all of them being the infected.
"Okay, so... How do we get that pilot's attention?" Andrew asked, exchanging looks with Naomi and the two other kids. They all pondered his question for a bit. When they went for a full minute without speaking, Andrew scowled, disappointed.
"Here's an idea-" Tyche suddenly opened his mouth, breaking the silence in the safe room -"You guys know that DJ Dynamix guy?" He asked them. Only Allegra nodded.
"I heard he was going to play his new album here. Why?" She asked, an eyebrow raised in slight wonder.
"He was like, the main attraction of this event. Heard he got the center arena for himself. I imagine that his album is already booted up in one of the computers. We get to the arena, we turn that thing on and we blast it at max volume. That's bound to catch his attention."
He looked around expectantly to see if anyone liked his plan. Nobody said anything, Maybe they were too busy thinking it was suicide to do so.
"Well..." Naomi grimmaced as she thought about it. "It's an idea..."
"What are we waiting for then? Let's gear up and go."

Allegra couldn't help but let her frustration and disappointment flow through her tears, She cupped her face in her hands and sat on the makeshift bed, letting her emotions seep through her eyes.
"I'm just - I'm so tired of having to eat one thing every two days." She admitted, refusing to look at Will. "I can't handle it anymore." She continued, disconnecting the touch of her hands from her face. Ally still looked down at the bland ground. Her eyes were void of emotion as she realized how deep in shit their group was in.

S n o w S n o w

Katherine Powell
Katherine gestured with her hands "two days". She was so glad someone finally appeared to save her, but once she saw Francesca's physique, she wasn't sure if she would actually be able to lift the debris trapping her.
The place was filling in with more mold by the second, and the girl was tired of breathing that. She pointed at Frannie and then proceeded to put her hands under the piece of wood that held her down to the ground, mimicking the act of raising the thing off of her.
"Hope she can do it..." Kate thought to herself.

spacient spacient

Anastasiya Griggs
Anastasiya wrapped the blanket across her shoulders and put a weak knot in the front to keep it over her form for the time being. She was impressed with the girl - archery was something she could never get the hang of even if her life depended on it. And five years in a row was just insane. "You could've been in the Olympics," she said simply. "Mothers know best but... Not all the time." Colette ended her sentence short; "I just -", and Anastasiya understood. She placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, "Hey. One step at a time. I'm a stranger and that sounds deep," she said bluntly, a weak smile on her face. Ana wouldn't have minded hearing her story - probably in a better place, but it wouldn't have bothered her at all. Still, she could understand the reason for the hesitation.

"Yeah. It'd be nice," she agreed. Then her mind was brought back to reality. There was a group. Shit. "I'll think about it. You're cool. I don't know if your group is. I've come across some assholes out here." She shuffled and stood up, one hand on her rifle, and one hand reaching out to pull Colette to her level.

She spotted someone in the corner of her eye as she stood. Being in a different position than before, the hidden figure was much more noticeable. There was a weapon aimed at her. Her heart sunk - there was a chance that she would have no choice but to join the group.

Cronos Cronos The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich
Nikita got very impatient. He could not care less about the contents of whatever it was that the two were talking about. He was also a bit frustrated at Angelique for not bringing her into his line of sight earlier. But, as he predicted, she eventually walked in his line of fire on her own accord. He waited for a bit, not sure how to handle the situation. But, he saw her as she stood still. He felt fear in her. She had obviously noticed that he was pointing a weapon at him. He had no choice but to take control of the situation even further.

"
Stop moving." He said in an authoritative tone. He knew that she would comply as doing anything else would end up in her death. Using convoluted sentences right now would lead to her having time to recollect her thoughts and think of a way to escape or hurt him. He decided to create even more panic in her, without giving her a moment to calm down. "Move any muscle without my consent and you die. Move your finger towards the tigger of your gun and you die. Fail to do as I command and you die. Try to do anything smart and you DIE." He raised his voice after every sentence, keeping his the same tone. Throughout it, he stood completely still with his finger only a twitch away from pulling the trigger and ending her. "Now you are going to unload your rifle, pull the slide so that the bullet in the chamber comes out, and then you will drop both the magazine and the weapon on the ground." He then watched her every single movement. He was ready to shoot her down the second she turned or tried anything that was not what he had just commanded her to do.

Felix eyes opened revealing his blue eyes. He frantically gasped for air while his breath began to catch up with him. It was pitch black and freezing where was he? He quickly tried to sit up only to hit his head on the ceiling above. Felix let out a frustrated moan of pain before covering his hands over his head. It did not take long for his head to develop a bruise. There was hardly any room to move around. It was as if he was in a box, a cold metal box. His breath began to hinder, his breath was finally catching up with him. He took in one last deep breath trying to calm himself down, his heart still racing. He felt as if he had just awakened from a long slumber. His mind raced with possible images of the places he could be, but alas none of them matched this particular scenario. Felix hated being in confined spaces, he hardly had enough room to think. He began to fidget around some more. The box seemed to shift back and forth as he did so. A sliver of light shined through a crack at the far end of the box. It appeared that the bottom panel was on a track. He pushed on the wall behind him and the panel he laid on jutted outward into a medium sized room with dull light.

Felix slowly climbed down from his metal bed. And at that, he was free and naked? He glanced down at himself only to realize he wasn't wearing any clothes. He gave a long sigh trying to recollect what had happened that lead him to this unique situation. but he could not do so his head was foggy as if he had too much to drink the night before. He took a couple of ganders around the room. Felix much preferred the atmosphere he formerly resided in. The floor and walls were smeared with blood along with the foul stench of death . The lights flickered as his eyes followed the trail of blood, It eventually lead to a figure with a lab coat drenched in blood. The figure appeared to be eating something. He strained his eyes to see what it was. It was a man!? The man seemed to rest on a metal bed as he did.

It took a moment for everything to register in his head. Then the thought seemed to slap him in the face. There were rows of metal cabinets that he could only assume to be more beds. By God, Felix was in the morgue and he was in the freezer. His body shudder at the thought of this. He then quickly averted his attention back to the odd figure, the figure was indeed eating the man. Vile gore spilled everywhere as it did so. The figure did not seem normal at all, its skin was a nasty shade of pale green. To Felix's luck, the creature's attention was attentively drawn to the man as it feasted its teeth into it.

Felix took this opportunity to get the hell out of there. He managed to slip away unnoticed. He began to roam the halls in search of supplies. If he was in the morgue (Which he was) There would be a room where they would keep the recently deceased stuff. After a matter of about 5 minutes, he stumbled onto the room. To his surprise, it was unlocked. The door creaked as he poked his head in, sadly he was not the first person in here. Bins were scattered everywhere labeled with the names of the dead. Most of the bins were tipped over with useless stuff flowing out of them. Felix eye was able to spot a bin with his name on it. To his miss fortune, it was opened. He anxiously tour through it looking for his guns but they were gone. "Damn It" He cursed. The only thing in the bin where his clothes. He hastily put them on and checked his pockets. He managed to find his old switch blade.

He looked upon the hilt with gleaming eyes. His thumb mashed the release button of the hilt causing the blade to switch out (No pun intended) The blade made a friendly clicking sound as it released. It shimmered in the dim light. Felix executed a couple of party tricks before putting it back into his pocket. He then casually exited the closet and proceeded to the nearest exit. He soon found himself in a reception area. He wasn't greeted by much, only the sound of a clock. "No receptionist?" Felix made a quick glance at the clock which read 6:00. He looked out the window, the clock was not wrong. The light was only beginning its trek through the world. He cursed under his breath.

He was in a bit of a predicament. Felix vision was awful in the dark (and general). It would be very difficult to navigate with a blind spot as big as his. It would be a horrendous idea to go outside and try to find his way around. He took a closer step to the window, perhaps if he stared out the window long enough all his problems would solve themselves. Who know's he might get lucky after all, there is always a cab looking to drain people of their money. So he stood there waiting, waiting, waiting. Of course, the world doesn't have a simple cab passing by.

Stranger note the streets seemed to be at a halt. To his eye, their were hardly people roaming the streets at all. It was after several more minutes of waiting a person appeared out of nowhere. The man was limping. He looked like a grocery bagger that just got off a long shift at work. On closer examination, he found the man's skin color was a familiar shade of pale green the sickly person began to gaze upon him, mindlessly. Felix simply glared back at it while he stroked his chin. From his view, it looked as if the thing was grunting and screeching. It then ran against the glass, clawing it, biting it, leaving nasty smudges against the glass.

Felix calmly watched from behind the glass. It looked exactly like the surgeon. He slowly took a few steps back, He noticed a Tv suspended to the left of the receptionist desks. The remote rested on the desk of the receptionist, he quickly snatched the remote and started to flip channels. It's not like this did anything, of course, they all said the same thing. It's the Zombie Fucking Apocalypse where have you been? Felix stood there staring at the tv trying to process everything. After some time of pondering on the thought, he slowly grabbed his switchblade and switched it. He knew what he needed to do. There was a zombie in the back room he couldn't just leave it there.

He approached the back room. The double doors were cracked slightly, Felix peered through the tiny peep hole. The Zombie had moved from its original position. He began to push the door open but suddenly there was an opposing force on the other side the door. It quickly overpowered Felix and knocked him to the wall. The Zombie ran out of the room with full rage. It somehow noticed him coming. The only thing separating him and the zombie were his hand pushing against the zombie's throat. He quickly thrusted his blade in between the eyes of the zombie. It dropped limp to the ground. Blood had splattered onto his face. He swiftly wiped it off with disgust. Felix was not faced with many options. His best option would likely be to wait in the receptionist area.

So the survivor then turned around to head back to the receptionist area only to see more than a couple faces peering in at him through the glass. Of course, these weren't normal faces, they were the oh so familiar pale green faces of the recently deceased. Scratch that, Felix’s new plan was to find his way to the roof. Perhaps he should backtrack to the freezers and see if there were any conveniently placed stair wells. It did not take long to find his way back. He kicked open the two metal doors and stormed through the area in the search for elevation. On his way to the back doors, he spotted the meal of the surgeon. It was twitching, to say the least. The survivor quickly advanced to the body and readied his knife. The body had a giant chunk missing from its stomach and its entrails were now outtrails. Felix looked over it with disgust before pushing the bed back into the wall.

He quietly peered out the cracks of the door. It looked clear at the moment so he did what any somewhat sane man would do. He got out of there and to his luck, there was a latter on the far end of the building. In haste he climbed up the ladder as if his life depended on it (Which it did) There was not much on the roof. Just some old air condition units, but there were some other things up there that had more use than others. The roof did produce an unopened bottle of scotch and a half empty box of cigarettes. So he sat there on the air conditioning unit smoking cigarettes and drinking scotch waiting for the rising sun.

(Edited: I changed some stuff that did not make sense.)

Last edited:
Will Harris

It was his fault that Allegra was like this. Will couldn't help but feel that way, even though there was nothing he could've done about any of this. If they had scavenged more when it was warmer, or ate less to save more food for when it got really bad, like now, or- he shook his head, pushing thoughts like that away. They didn't help anything, and only made him feel worse. Will sat down next to her, and slowly put his arm around her. He couldn't be sure how she would react, but he wasn't going to just sit there and watch her cry. He didn't say anything for a long moment. Telling her that she wouldn't have to go without eating again would just be a lie.

"Whenever you feel like this, like you can't do it anymore, think of Pax. A town full of people, homes to live in, and with enough food for everyone. Starving, freezing, everything that we have to go through will be worth it all in the end when we get there." It was the only thing he could offer her that was the truth.

Frankie Illiani

Frankie looked down at her face another second, seeing the girl really was in incredible pain, and then she looked at the huge weight on her. She highly doubted she could lift it on her own. Maybe with one or two of the guys, if they would even help the poor girl, which she also doubted because then she would either be a mouth to feed or another contender in this anarchistic world they were in now. Still, she wanted to try. Frankie went up to the wooden boards and crouched, trying to find a hand hold she could grip from without it slipping. When she found one, she put all her energy into her legs so she wouldn't throw her back out. Alas, she was right, the weight didn't move enough that Katherine could slip out from under it.

She sighed and let go of it again to stare down at Kate, "Look, I'm gonna be real with ya here, you deserve that since you're dying under there. I have a group with me, and they might help. Except they get kinda cautious around new people, myself included, and they probably won't help you unless you have something of value for us," she paused, looking for her backpack or weapon, "If you have food, medicine, ammunition, or anything valuable like that, then they'd be willing to help you at a price, got me?"

Anastasiya Griggs
Anastasiya bit her lip. Her mind was racing. She knew what could happen within the next couple of seconds, but was unsure of the outcome of anyone's life. She listened to the voice closely, her eyes focused on Colette. Keeping still, she took a breath and analyzed the situation. The man knew what he was talking about - his phrasing. His calmness. It was all too controlled. A sudden attack could guarantee her death. "Now you are going to unload your rifle, pull the slide so that the bullet in the chamber comes out, and then you will drop both the magazine and the weapon on the ground."

Slowly, she moved her right hand to her magazine release and pressed it, the standard issue clip clacking loudly against the ground below. "Alright. There's the mag. I'm gonna clear my chamber now." She did so, pulling back the charging handle and watching her last round flop onto the floor with a distinct ping. Lifting the sling off of her shoulder, she lowered the rifle onto the ground carefully, her eyes still locked onto the girl in front of her. She hoped this was a man in her group - in that case, she could be vouched for. But if not, she could be the reason that both herself and Colette would be murdered or worse. "There you go. Empty M16. Take what you want from me, but leave the girl alone."

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Cronos Cronos

Allegra Sauvagess
Ally rested her head on Will's chest as he tried to motivate her. She had her own doubts about Pax, like the very big likelihood that it would be overrun by the time they got there - if their group were still alive at that point. Or if someone was just bamboozling them into believing such a safe space like that existed in a world like this. She didn't voice her thoughts, however. She only focused on his gesture, and tried to repress her crying.
They stayed there like that for a few minutes, before Ally gently pushed herself away from Will. She got up from the bed and patted the small snowflakes off of her sweatpants.
"Let's... Let's get back to the others." She said as she left the room.
Walking towards the only entrance and exit of the building, Ally crouched to lift the door up. But it wouldn't budge. She put more strength into her arms, but it still wouldn't move. She got up and looked around, searching for another way to open the thing up. She noticed a control panel by the side of the door and walked over to it. She pressed both buttons but nothing happened. Without any other ideas, she looked around the place.
Her eyes landed on the generator.
She walked over towards it and inspected the machine. There were a lot of buttons and a handle she assumed was supposed to be pulled to kickstart the thing. She flicked a red switch on, which in turn made a small red light turn on. She then grasped the handle and started pulling it.
By the third pull, the machine groaned, as if annoyed that the girl disturbed his sleep. There was a very loud mechanical noise that echoed throughout the hollow building as the gears ground against each other and the internal wiring transported electricity from inside the generator to the cables that connected to the power box that raised the door.
Following the sound, there was a series of animalistic yells and screams that came from outside. Allegra's skin whitened as she realized what that meant. As if to confirm her suspicions, she peeked bellow the little vacant space that the door was steadily making bigger.
All of that uneven ground she had mentioned earlier? Apparently those were the infected, probably hibernating. They raised up from the ground - exactly like in the movies - covered in snow and having a serious case of frostbite.
"Ah shit - get ready to rumble!" Allegra warned Harris, putting down her backpack to grab her Uzi.
S n o w S n o w

Katherine Powell
Katherine cringed when Frankie mentioned she was dying. She wasn't a big fan of the word, or what came out of Francesca's mouth afterwards. She contemplated her proposition, wondering if it was a good idea to give up all of her food for her freedom.
She decided it was worth the exchange. If she was going to die, she wouldn't want to be like this.
Katherine mimicked eating from a bowl and then proceeded to spread her arms out, implying that she had a lot of food. She then pointed upwards to the second story, where she proceeded to point at Frankie's backpack, then back at herself. She could only hope the girl got all of that information, because she couldn't really spell it out.
spacient spacient

Nikita Vissarionovich
Nikita watched carefully as she complied. He watched as the bullet hit the ground. The loud ping annoyed him greatly, but he had to keep calm so as to not give away any sign of weakness. While she was doing so, he took a look at his pistol and realised something that would have lead to his death if the woman wanted to put up a fight. The safety of his Glock was still on. After she gave her rifle up, he then flipped the switch on, turning the fire mode of his pistol to single fire. "I am going to be asking you a few questions which I want you to answer truthfully. I will know when you lie to me. And needless to say, I won't hesitate to kill you right now. Who are you? Full name, age, occupations before the apocalypse. How did you get here? What supplies do you have with you? Do you know of any places nearby that have not been scavenged? What skills do you have that might be useful right now? And how many times have you been bitten?" Nikolai did leave a brief pause between each question so as to give her time to answer them.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak Cronos Cronos

Anastasiya Griggs
Anastasiya grimaced at the sound of him switching his weapon onto safety. She could've done something. "Dammit, girl. Pay attention!" She took a breath and kept herself from freaking out. If anything were to get out of hand, she had one last, slim chance to defend herself. Her combat knife was hidden under the blankets she wore, and was on her side, facing away from him. If he got too close, she could do something. That was a comforting thought. But he wasn't close, and he had a pistol pointed at her. There was no room for comfort. She began to speak. "Lance Corporal Anastasiya Griggs. Nineteen years old. United States Marine - MOS 4313 - Broadcast Journalist." She slowly turned toward him, making sure to keep her weapon hidden. Their eyes met. Her brows furrowed. Anastasiya continued. "I walked here. On my way to California. I had my rifle, and a little bit of food and that's it. I'm a Marine. So. That's useful in many aspects." The last question shocked her.

"You can get bit and survive?"

Cronos Cronos The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich
Nikita watched as she slowly started to turn around to face him. He knew that she had some sort of plan to inflict damage to him. Although he did not care much about what happened to "the girl", any sort of damage done to her would anger the group, with any sort of loud sound attracting the undead to kill them all. And any chance of fighting meant that he would risk taking damage himself which was not an option for Nikita. And with the girl being a marine, she seemed like somebody who might be a valuable asset to the group. But most importantly, she had food. She had some amount of food which was all he needed to hear as the group was on its last legs. He let out a sigh, hoping that this decision would not return to hurt him. Normally he would just shoot her right then and there. But with the group led by people with moral compasses and with Colette wanting to be friends with the girl, doing so would not end well for him.
He turned the safety back on and lowered his fire arm.

"Nikita. I am with her and her group. Doctor." He then walked back to the table where he had his book, folded the page he was reading to use as a bookmark and then closed it. Wearing his backpack with all new books, Nikita took the book under one of his arms and the got closer to the two girls. "We need to head back to the group to introduce them to you and to report the things that we have found." He then walked past them and went to the exit before stopping to wait for them.
AttackOnTak AttackOnTak Cronos Cronos

Francesca Illiani
Frankie didn't especially understand what Katherine was doing with her hands, especially when she was mimicking eating cereal. However, pointing was much more direct, and the jab at her backpack and the ceiling caught her attention. If this girl really did have supplies for them, she might as well be their messiah. With the food Frankie found, plus whatever else Katherine had, they might be able to feed the entire group and give them the help they needed to pull the whole group out of their starvation situation. The thought of it was making her stomach start to rumble - her tired stomach finally waking up and giving her those hunger cravings the others were experiencing right now. If this girl didn't have the supplies to barter her release from under the broken stairwell, well, Frankie wouldn't bother getting the guys, and that was the least of her problems.

She backed away and looked at the stairs, seeing just how rotten they were. Of course, there didn't look like there was any other way up to the next floor, other than an elevator that was run down and would probably never open again. Another option Frankie had was trying to look for a set of stair for the back of the complex - although they were typically locked. The snow probably covered the doors as well, it's what happened at the restaurant and it was probably true for this place. The only option was to try the stairs as carefully as she could. She took her backpack off to make her lighter so she hopefully wouldn't end up with the same fate as Katherine, and she shoved it far enough away the other woman couldn't immediately access it

Finally she began the climb, trying to keep to the sides of the stairs where it was just a little more stable. She made it up the first few without too much worry, albeit they were soggy and molded and dangerous, and onto the platform that made up the last little set to the second floor. That's where she saw it, halfway up the stairs and just about to fall over the edge of the broken, splintered wood. If it did fall it wouldn't be a tragedy, but it might break or poke a hole in something valuable, and she wanted to avoid that if she could. Carefully, she eased her way up the more rickety steps, these had been more damaged than the other set. When she thought she was close enough, or simply wouldn't get any closer, she used her crowbar's crooked end to catch one of the straps, and pull the pack towards her until she could pick it up and bring it down with her to the main floor

On the main floor again, she opened up the bag, checking out exactly what kind of supplies she carried (i'll leave that to you in your next post). If Kate really didn't have supplies they needed, her life would be worthless to all of them, and Frankie wouldn't waste the trouble of getting the help for someone if she didn't have valuable enough supplies to save herself

Colette Angeliqué

Colette started closing her backpack calmly, a smile resting on her lips. And then she heard. Nikita's voice. Threatening her new found friend; which she honestly thought it was unecessary. "Now you are going to unload your rifle, pull the slide so that the bullet in the chamber comes out, and then you will drop both the magazine and the weapon on the ground." Colette finished closing her bag, grabbing it while she stood up. The brunette seemed far too calm for the sitution. Well, annoyed would be a better way to put it. She watched as Anastasiya complied, dark eyes fixed on her. "There you go. Empty M16. Take what you want from me, but leave the girl alone." That almost made Colette laugh, her composure almost almost breaking.

Could Nikita not realize that this girl meant no harm? "You're-" It was useless, he was stubborn, there was no way he would back down. Sometimes, people really annoyed her greatly. Why couldn't he believe her? A sigh left her lips as she watched them carefully. Swinging her backpack by one the straps, she supported it on her shoulder and was just about to say something when Nikita spoke again. "I am going to be asking you a few questions which I want you to answer truthfully. I will know when you lie to me. And needless to say, I won't hesitate to kill you right now. Who are you? Full name, age, occupations before the apocalypse. How did you get here? What supplies do you have with you? Do you know of any places nearby that have not been scavenged? What skills do you have that might be useful right now? And how many times have you been bitten?" Her arms crossed as she rested her weight on one leg, a bothered expression on her face.

That was it. She was saying something. "Is this really necessary? Has she not proven that she means no harm? There is literally no reason for violence." But Anastasiya turned to him began answering, she seemed fairly calm for someone at her situation. All Colette hoped was that she wouldn't have to watch someone die. So when the boy lowered his gun, a small smile appeared on her lips. "Nikita. I am with her and her group. Doctor."

Her arms were uncrossed and thrown in the air in a sign of annoyance, coming back to rest next to her sides. "Finally! Honestly, that was quite unecessary. I had it under control, she wasn't going to cause trouble. She is actually very nice and you would know that if you had payed attention to our conversation." She furrowed her brows at him and gave him a look that much resembled a mother's one. "We need to head back to the group to introduce them to you and to report the things that we have found." As he walked past them, her gaze was back on Anastasiya. The brunette showed an apologetic expression on her face, as if she was sorry for everything that just happened. "If you want. You don't have to come, it's fine."

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Katherine Powell
The girl started coughing as more dust and mold started filling her lungs. Was this place gonna fall on her again?
When Francesca came down with her backpack, Kate instinctively reached out for it, but Frankie's scowl towards her made her recoil. This was so unfair - two days without eating or drinking anything and when she finally could do something to solve her issue, her bag was gonna be taken away by a punk chick wannabe.
Katherine noticed how she smiled when she saw just how many supplies were in her Alice pack. Cans on top of cans of food, some dehydrated goods at the bottom and a few bandages were in the section Francesca opened. She felt it was a mistake to reveal her bargaining chip so soon to a complete stranger. But she still had one more trick up her sleeve.
Kate quietly removed both of her pistols from under her, pointing it at Frankie while she was distracted. She whistled over to her, catching her attention. She then nudged her head towards the pile of rubble that held her down.
spacient spacient

Nikita Vissarionovich
"Had it under control? You do realise that she could have shot you within seconds at any time? You do realise that she could have been fooling you to get close so that she could kill you with her hands or some sort of combat knife she got in the army? Did the thought that she could have been lying at any point cross your mind? She could be lying right now to get you to drop your guard and to kill you. If you do not see the evident danger in the possibility of someone coming along with harmful intentions while acting like they have good ones, instead of them being good people, then there is nothing left for me to explain to you." Nikita was clearly annoyed. Who was she to doubt his judgement? Who was she to think that he was in the wrong? He was looking out for her and for the group and this is what he got? He realised that he had gone on a bit of a rant. He did not want to be on bad terms with her so he decided to say something to defuse the situation. With a sigh, he said "Look. If you want to just hand your trust out like that, then fine, be my guest. But do not fault me for simply being cautious."

Cronos Cronos AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Francesca Illiani

Frankie grinned, her smile aiming into the pack, and then she heard the whistle and tilted her head to see Katherine pointing a gun at her. At first her breath hitched, being threatened wasn't particularly pleasant, but then she realized she still had the upper hand in this exchange. She was still too far away for Katherine to reach her backpack, unless she chewed her leg off, "Threatening me isn't gonna get you out from under that pile of rubble any faster, and if you kill me now you're never going to get the help of my group, and you're only going to attract the zombies here with your gunshots." she pulled out some of the immediately ready to eat food and a bottle of water from Katherine's pack and went over to her to hand her these items, "Eat, you probably haven't done that in a few days. I'll be back, but if you threaten any of my group, they won't be as merciful."

Of course, the smartest decision would be to take the backpack and run, leaving this girl here to die, but Frankie wasn't that type of person. She may not be the nicest and most caring, but she was nice enough where it counted. Of course, she would steal any day of the week, but she wasn't going to let some stranger die of dehydration and starvation under a pile of rubble. So, Frankie got up and left her personal backpack far enough away that Kate wouldn't get to it, but she still left it there as a show of good faith that she was returning. Then, she started backing out of the complex, not taking her eyes off Katherine until she was out of her line of fire and out the door

Users who are viewing this thread

Back