• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

Francesca

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Fizz Fizz
When Nikita voiced his objections, Frankie paused and turned around to look at him from a few stairs up. She leaned over the railing, "Nikita, calm down. If Liam turns while I'm up there, which isn't likely since he was just bitten, then I can take care of myself. I'm a big girl, not the first time I've dealt with freshly-turned zombies," she turned to Liam, "I'm sure you're fine though." there was cause for a little concern, especially since Liam did appear to be in a lot of pain from the bite and have some effect from it, but that wasn't going to stop her. Plus, the last person in this group of idiots that she wanted with her as a distraction would be Cole. The scaredy-cat couldn't even kill one zombie without a little coaxing, the last thing he needed was to be bait for a pack of rabids. She didn't stop again to hear another objection, just waved for Liam to follow her and began climbing the stairs

Will Harris

Will looked hard at Nikita. “Liam and Allegra will be fine,” he said. Hadn’t there been enough deaths already? Was he the only one here who could have even the least bit of optimism? “They’re not going to turn, and no one else is going to die tonight.” He turned away as Frankie and Liam disappeared up the stairs, running a hand through his hair. “And it doesn’t look like Cole’s doing that well either. After Allegra and Liam, I want you to take a look at that head wound of his.”

Will took a page out of Frankie’s book and didn’t wait for him to answer, or more likely, argue, and started down the stairs. “Kate! You down here?” He hadn’t heard, er, seen her for a while, and wanted to make sure that she was still doing alright on her own.
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Katherine Powell

Well this was a doozy.
The Ravagers had successfully cornered her into a rather unstable apartment. It happened so fast too, she was getting ready to climb down the fire escape when she turned back and suddenly, Nikita wasn't there. She had stepped back into the place searching for him and next thing you know, she was cut off by those things.
Kate attempted to stay calm as she tried to come up with a plan to get herself out of there. The savage groans from the infected interrupted her train of thought, and the cold didn't help either.
But then, Kate heard Will's shouts, searching for her. Even over the agitated moans she could hear him. Of course, she couldn't yell back, so she'd have to improvise.
Pointing her pistol at the hastily barricaded door, she opened fire.
S n o w S n o w

Allegra Sauvagess

"Wait, I can - I can help Liam and Francesca too." Allegra began, rubbing her hand gently against the bandages on her abdomen. "I mean, I'm pretty banged up, but I can fight through it. I've been through worse."

Will Harris

Will stopped. “No,” he turned back to face Allegra. “Stay put until you hear-“ Gunshots interrupted him. He looked up, but Frankie was still making her way up the stairs, which meant that it was most likely Kate, or hopefully, one of their missing group members. He picked up the pace, stepping into the room where he thought they were coming from. Sure enough, a few rabids were banging and scratching on the door. They hadn’t noticed him yet.

Will moved closer to an old chair missing three of its legs, picked it up, and chucked it as hard as he could. The closest one took the brunt of the impact, being slammed against the wall. Now that he had their attention, he quickly climbed back through the window, getting his machete ready. The rabids pushed and shoved at each other trying to go through at the same time, but the window didn’t get any wider. They were forced to go through one at a time, and he quickly sliced off heads, arms and legs before they made it out. Soon his sweater was covered in blood, and body parts surrounded him. Will climbed back in, shoving the machete through the eye of one that tried to jump him.

“You can come out now, it’s safe.” He tried the door, unsurprised when it didn’t budge.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Liam Grove

"A small bite like this shouldnt turn me anytime soon..."
Liam replied, partially to convince himself too. He had once seen a half eaten man that didn't turn until the next morning, so just a small bite should be lethal...right?

As he walked up the stairs, he looked around for anything he could make a loud noise with. Only furniture was available nearby however, so that had to do. At this point, he was anxious that if they do start a distraction, he would be cornered and not manage to escape. Shaking that thought off his mind, he picked up a chair and gave Frankie a thumbs up, along with a pathetic smile.

spacient spacient

Colette Angeliqué

Through squinted eyes, Colette lowered the rifle and leaning down, she took his weapons. With the glock in one hand and the knife on the other, she signed with her head for him to follow her. Pondering her options, the brunette began walking back towards the apartment she was previously in. Will was with Nikita, or so she thought, and she didn't need more hate on his part at the moment, which presenting another new person would essentially bring. The girl had absolutely no idea were the others were so her only plausible choice was Anastasiya. "I'm Colette and that's basically all you need to know for now." Her curly hair slightly bounced as she suddently stopped at the entryway and turning towards the boy, that she recently discovered to be called Dimitri, Colette opened the wooden door.

Only to find Anastasiya currently asleep on the couch, a fond smile creeping in her face and making her heart skip a beat. As she was about to enter the room, Will's voice echoed through empty halls and rang on her ears. "Rabids!" That word caused an immediate reaction as her heart started pounding fast on her chest, adrenaline starting to kick in. "We need to move!" There was no time to give it a second thought, she would have to trust Dimitri on this one. "Here, take it, but think twice before trying anything." Her voice threatening and low, the girl handed his weapons back.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak rennuelaw rennuelaw

Dimitri

Dimitri tried not to show how much not having weapons had affected or how whenever he saw shadow he had to resist the urge to run. During this whole ordeal, the weapons had offered him a sense of security especially during the night when he had no way of getting enough light to keep his fear from kicking in. Snapping out of his thoughts he began following her, making sure to stay in the way of the moonlight that was coming through the windows.

Walking into the room, Dimitri noticed a female sleeping on the couch and the way his captor gave the girl such a fond look. He was about to open his mouth to speak only for him to hear the yell of 'Rabids!' by the time he regained his sense. his gun and knife were already shoved into his grip and, despite himself, smiled as the blanket of security covered him again. He said with a bit more confidence than he should have at the moment before his face turned to a blank expression. "Wake up your friend quick, we need to go!"

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak Cronos Cronos

Francesca

Fizz Fizz but also everyone should START LEAVING THE BUILDING NOW

Frankie went up with Liam to the top floor - it didn't take long but she was still a little tired when she finally got there. She climbed through the window, carefully looking around and listening for zombies, and only fully stepped inside when she heard nothing. She highly doubted any rabids made it up here so fast. What reason would they have to be up here? They were the only ones really in danger, as they would be the only ones drawing all the zombies to them. She looked at him for a moment, "Okay, you stay here by the window and keep it open for me. I'm gonna go up and down the hallway makin noise."

She gave him an OK sign with her hand and started walking with her crowbar, smacking with walls as she went, and the sound echoed through the hall, "ALRIGHT YOU ZOMBIE FUCKS, COME ON OUT! TWO HUMANS, NICE AN JUICY, JUST HOW YA LIKE EM!" she shouted. Only when she came to the stairwell in the middle of the hall did she take out her gun and begin firing with short pauses in between. One, two, three, four, five, six... and she stopped. She had one shot left, and she'd prefer to always keep one shot at all times, even if she hated using the gun. She holstered the gun and began slowly walking down the hallway the way she came and smacked her crowbar some more times against the walls. From behind the doors she could hear restless moaning zombies, but they were normal ones that wouldn't be able to break through the doors.

About few minutes passed between the time the gunshots went off and now - zombies had to climb from the bottom floors up and that would take a while. She was halfway to the window and she was starting to hear scrambling footsteps attempting to climb the stairs, some extra thuds meaning there were a couple tripping over themselves. She began running now, dragging the crowbar against the walls to get the last bit of noise before she came back to Liam, "Come on come on comeee ooonnn," she spoke hurriedly and hushed now as she started through the window. She was hating this more and more. Of course they had another minute or two to get down the fire escape, but this was still too close for comfort. The rabids were coming, the rabids were coming, and they needed to get out

Anastasiya Griggs
She jerked awake, eyes wide and full of fear. Reaching for her side, she expected to find her rifle, but it was not there. "Colette?!" The gunfire brought her back to a mindset she didn't realize she still had. Anastasiya jumped up and scanned the room - her eyes falling on a stranger and the person she was looking for. The slightest amount of comfort pierced her heart. She took two quick steps towards the girl, her inquires flowing hurriedly from her lips. "What's going on? Where's my rifle?" Somewhere in her slumber, she heard the word Rabids, and her mind wouldn't stop racing. She could feel the panic attack coming on, but she kept on her feet, taking a subtle reach towards Colette. Only a couple seconds had passed and adrenaline was set throughout her body - it was time for fight or flight. Hell, in the current situation, she could end up doing both.

Anastasiya shared a glare with the stranger, brows furrowing as she did so; she didn't know this man. Was he the cause of this?

Cronos Cronos rennuelaw rennuelaw

Rumble had kept very quiet throughout all of it all. She was trying to focus on keeping up with the group with her foot. She kept looking at Allegra worryingly. Although she only met the woman a day ago or so, she was already quite attached. She was quite relieved when the group seemed to clutter together. She looked around, seeing Frankie, Liam, Will and the others. She gave them all a quick wave before looking around, seeing more rabids. Cocking her gun, she started moving. "C'mon before we become zombie chow." She said. (extremely short and bad but it's better than nothing) S n o w S n o w

Katherine Powell

Kate still had her pistols aimed at the door, even after Will had announced it was safe enough to exit the apartment. It took her a moment to register his statement, but once she did, she quickly holstered her pistols.
Opening the door hesitantly, she shot a glance around the hallway before her eyes landed on Will. Instantly feeling a bit more secure, her shoulders loosened as she waited for further orders from him.
S n o w S n o w

Chandler Reyes

She watched as Milly tried to leave which was a sort of comedic relief. It made her giggle a little before she decided to step in. "Look Milly. Im not letting you go anywhere by yourself. That would be cruel." She wrapped her blanket over Milly's shoulders "We'll figure something out and get through this together, but for right now we need to move...like right now" she said as she heard the haunting groans of the undead approaching. She ran to the front of the gas station to gather her things and noticed that the monsters that Milly was talking about were closer than she thought. She rushed into the back and grabbed Milly by the arm. "Milly, I hope you can run."
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Little Lozy Little Lozy Catharsis Catharsis

Will Harris

Will gave Kate a quick glance over, glad that she didn’t seem to be hurt. “There’s the signal,” he muttered when he heard the gunshots, moving quickly back to the window. He gestured for Kate to follow him. “We made a plan to get out of here, and that-“ he pointed up. “-means we have to move while we still have the chance.” He hopped outside, but waited close by in case Kate needed help getting through. If she wanted to know the full plan, it would have to wait until later.

He frowned when he saw everyone else standing around. “Go!” He shouted. “We don’t have time to waste when Frankie and Liam are up there putting their lives on the line for us! Move!”
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Milly kept feeling around, trying to find the door and let out a surprised squeal as she felt something big be thrown onto her shoulders, but after a couple of seconds she figured out what had happened. She turned to face the woman as she explained that she wasn't going to let her leave. Milly shuddered and cast her eyes to the ground "But... no, I should I'll... I'll just slow you down." She mumbled before the sound of moaning from outside made her hair stand on end. "Oh...no! No! I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" she scrambled together her things, making special sure her bear was in the rucksack before standing back up as she felt her arm being grabbed by the woman. Wait they were going to leave the gas station? No, no she really did not want to go back out there! Milly shook her head vigorously and rocked on the spot as she wanted to tell the woman 'no' and stay here. But it was either go out or be devoured by monsters! Reluctantly she grabbed onto the woman's arm as she held hers. "I think I can..." she mumbled, her heart going like a train. If she wasnt going to get eaten by monsters she was going to die of a heart attack most likely. CupCanes CupCanes

A black unmarked Crown Victoria makes a sharp turn around the corner of a building and pulls up to a military convoy. The Black unmarked stops and a Nicely dressed man exits the vehicle, his black aviator shades reflecting the sunlight. John closes his unmarked black crown vic's driver-side door and loads his Suppressed pistol before heading into a building. Switching to his radio, John shouts into it's walkie-talkie attachment "Any military personnel please respond!!!" A zombie noisily shambles up behind John who while still on his knees, turns around and shoots the zombie in it's head twice. *More zombies, attracted to the gunfire begin to enter the house.* "Sh*t!" muttered John as he stood up and then ran up the stairs to the building's second floor. John takes aim down the steps and unloads the rest of his clip into the first four zombies, wounding them slightly but not slowing them down that much. Glancing to his right, John notices a window to his right that led to a fire escape. John then turned and began to run towards the window...

Liam Grove

It turned out Liam didn't have to cause a distraction after all, Francesca got the job done Instead. Infact, it seemed like she did the job too well. Rabbids we're now flowing in from all angles, and the only safe place would be the fire exit. Any misstep, or a single falter could easily cost him his life in such a scenario. "I'm coming! " He replied as a response, quickly coming down the ladder. Because he was extremely pressured, he jumped the last story instead, spraining his right foot. Thankfully, it wasn't a massive sprain but he was struggling on the floor for a few seconds which allowed a few rabids to catch up. One of them could be seen jumping out of the window where they were from and landing just beside them. "Holy shit..." Liam muttered, rolling over to the side to avoid the sudden rabid drop. He was still on the floor, struggling to get up from the sprain, but the rabbit was already up and charging straight at him. "Help!" He called for Francesca.

spacient spacient

Chandler Reyes

Chandler rushes to the door while holding onto milly. She quickly pushes the door open and moves through it. "Come on milly" she said as she almost stumbled. The snow was deep which made it hard to run. She watched as the zombies were growing closer to the store. "Listen milly.. be very quiet. If we make even the slightest noise they'll notice us" She began moving forward towards the apartment complex, hoping it was clear for them to crash there for until this hoard passed through. Chandler was really shocked that milly had survived so long. She must have had fought like hell and that gave Chandler the hope and determination she was desperately in need of.

She held onto Milly's arm tightly with one hand and held her pistol in the other. As they began to come up to the apartment build Chandler saw there was a big comotion going on and there were rabbids swarming the apartment building. She watched as a man exited his vehicle and ran into the building. "Holy shit.." she pulled Milly to the side and they ran into an alleyway hoping to find an alternate route past the apartment. It was freezing and she knew it wouldn't be a good idea to stay out in this weather much longer.
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Milly yelped quietly as she felt herself being pulled along. The snow was deep and water was seeping into her ugg boots, making it extremely difficult and unpleasent to run. But she did it anyway, she'd rather have that than get eaten. She listened to the woman's warning about staying quiet, knowing they could be spotted. She felt her already racing heart quicken, where were they? Where were the monsters coming from? To let her know she understood, she simply squeezed the woman's arm.

Milly tried to keep her nerve together but at the feeling of the woman pushing her to the side, she suppressed a yelp by covering her mouth. She took out her kitchen knife, holding it tight in her free hand. She gripped onto the woman's arm as if her life depended on it, well it actually did. If she let go and she moved away, she was done for. Hearing the woman swear, it made her whimper slightly, though she tried desperately to be quiet. "W-what? What's wrong?" she muttered as quiet as she could. "Wh-where are we?" She stopped there, the last thing she wanted to do was annoy the woman with questions. She simply tried to keep up with the woman as they ran, making sure to pay attention to any cues she might give her CupCanes CupCanes

Cole Bishop

Cole didn't want to be the first one to go down the stairs. In fact, that was one of the lowest items on his 'to-do' list. Unfortunately, 'wait-around-for-rabids-to-rip-him-apart' was one slot lower. He pushed away from the railing. His head still hurt, and he was sure at this point that blood was frozen to his forehead, but at least most of the dizziness had gone away. He rolled his eyes when he saw Allegro still standing around.

"Yeah, okay. And I'm the coward?" He brushed past her, muttering to himself as he started down the stairs. Unbelievable. He could get Will staying behind. Last down to protect everyone else and all that, and maybe the leg injury twins. Maybe they were planning to find another way down using each other as crutches. But the one who wanted to help Will out earlier even as she was bleeding to death? Maybe the scratches were finally getting to her. Cole was still muttering about not having a proper meat shield when he got to the bottom. He glanced around, but all there was was snow, snow and more snow. "Any day now." He grumbled, shoving his hands under his arms.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Tess was confused by all that had transpired so quickly. Some bumbling girl managed to break into the little store front gas station, leave it completely valnurable. She was blind?! How had she made it this far this long?

Tess never judge the handycap they were very capable, but in a fight against the undead, it helps a little to see the target, or at least lay meekness aside and grow a pair.

The ruckus had attracted the undead, and the girl with the bow and taken to protecting the blind lass, Milly. They had said something about a group. Sometimes. numbers were better (and sometimes they weren't). Milly was lead by The Girl With The Bow, and Tess glanced back at the tent pitched in the store, hoping no one was there. Tess followed behind the pair through the snow.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish CupCanes CupCanes

Róża

Rose walked along the road, her legs sore from the travel. She was probably a good ten or fifteen Kilos from Seattle, and was slowly loosing track of where she was exactly. She was heading south, along a barren stretch of four-lane wide road. There were signs every now and then, something about a "Inter-state #5". She shrugged as another sign passed, slowly scanning the sky as the clouds threatened to rain. There was nobody in sight, not even a car. "Czemu" She murmured softly to herself, slouching against the side bar of the roadway. She needed to find a car, or a bicycle, Something to speed her travel. letting her bag fall to the ground, she dug for a water bottle, before downing half of the bottle.
Her water wouldn't last long at this rate.

--------

Feng

Feng didn't make it far before he found one of the many reborn. He was climbing a fence as one rounded the corner behind him, passing by passively. "What the..." he whispered to himself, before falling to the ground on the other side of the wall. Whatever that thing was, he wasn't going to stick around much longer. Crossing the backyard of the house, he jogged through the open fence gate. He had found his way into a neighborhood, less than a mile from the university. Windows all around had been broken, and he was slowly trying to piece together what exactly had occurred for this havoc. Front doors stood open, trash littered the streets and yards, and everything had a rotten, pungent smell to it. It almost made his eyes water. He began getting mild paranoia, checking behind him occasionally and keeping a lookout as he moved down the small street
"I just wanted to go home"

Chandler looked back at Tess who was behind her and Milly, happy to see they weren't alone out there. She turned back to Milly when she began asking questions about their current situation. "Nothings wrong Milly" she blatantly lied to her to ensure she wouldn't panick, fearing if Milly squezzed her arm any tighter it would cut off the blood flow. "We're just taking a little detour...erm..a shortcut."

She continued to move through the alleyways with gunfire and yelling echoing throughout the city. Chandler thought they were safe until they made a turn and saw a handful of those monsters lingering around in an alley with a corpse that would appear to have been ripped apart by a pack of wolves. She didn't have much time to react as the monsters charged towards the three ladies. She let go of Milly's hand and loaded an arrow onto her bow. She watched as the arrow struck a zombie in the head and it's body collapsed.
Little Lozy Little Lozy Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Colette Angeliqué

"Colette?!"
The calling for her brought the girl back to reality, a sense of fear and worry enhancing the adrenaline coursing through her veins. "What's going on? Where's my rifle?" As Anastasiya took two quick steps in her direction, she removed the strap securing the rifle from her shoulder and handed it over to the smaller girl. "We need to go, Anastasiya!" Her eyes examinated the room as her brain tried to think of a way to get out without someone getting killed or bitten. You see, Colette was never a leader, she never really took charge in anything. So, once they landed on a fire exit, a relieved smile took place on her face. "Fire exit!"

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak rennuelaw rennuelaw

Anastasiya Griggs
Without words, Anastasiya took her weapon and naturally flipped the strap over her neck, cradling the rifle as though it were her child. She looked to Colette and gave an appreciative nod before eyeing the new guy one more time. Ana the gazed around the room, unable to find any immediate danger until she listened closely enough to make sense of the groans of the undead that were no doubt nearing them. All these years of hiding in buildings at night and it was now, with a group of people, that it finally went wrong. Maybe it meant something. She shook the thought and agreed with Colette's order as soon as it left her mouth, "Yeah! You two go ahead, I'll be right behind you!"

She was using energy she didn't have - her nap and the little bit of nourishment she was given would only get her so far and she knew that, but instinct kicked in and her teachings from combat training didn't care about fatigue or hunger. Raising her rifle, she scanned the room yet again, nudging Colette gently with her elbow.

Cronos Cronos rennuelaw rennuelaw

Milly wished she could believe the woman. But because of the amount of noise and commotion she knew that they were anything but fine! She tried to losen her grip on the woman's arm but she simply couldn't! If she let go how was she supposed to find her again!? Just as she thought this, she heard what sounded like people running, but it was accompanied with snarls! Monsters! Just as she realised this, she felt the woman's grip release. "No-!" She yowled before clasping her hand over her mouth to stop anything else from coming out. No! This was bad! Where were they coming from? How many were there!?

Milly was too frozen in her panic to realise that a monster had broken away from the group and was now charging at her. At the last second, Milly suddenly heard a loud snarl coming from her left, which sounded extremely close. On reflex, she held back a scream and thrusters her knife viciously in front of her. She felt it get caught in something and something grabbed onto her scarf, trying to pull her down. Frightened, Milly pulled the knife out and stabbed it over and over, feeling it's blood splash onto her. She didn't know if it was dead but at this moment she just had to try! She had no idea what was going on with the other women but she tried to listen for anything else. Once she was certain the thing was dead, she staggered back up. She gripped onto her knife, breathing harshly through her teeth. Did she really just kill something? Even though it had tried to kill her... it used to be a person. CupCanes CupCanes Little Lozy Little Lozy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back