• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse - OOC

Very little knowledge of ranged weaponry (particularly guns) besides what people have showed her
Since you listed a gun as one of her weapons, does this mean she doesn't know how to use it? Because if she does, and unless you convince me otherwise, I don't consider this a weakness.

Her family was a military family. Her father was a Navy SEAL, a path that both of her older brothers followed to, and her mother was a helicopter pilot with the Air Force and that's just the start to the long list of family members who vowed themselves to their country. It was a path that she herself was raised for, and she would have enlisted...if the dead didn't rise. She went to military school and took multiple classes to hone skills she would need in the field, her family had always been very hands-on so long range weapons were only used in hunting season. Taught to keep her mouth shut, speak only when spoken to and to push her body to its breaking point she has managed to retain a sense of familiarity with the changes that have been made.
How did she survive? And why/how did she join the group?

She has a gun her father taught her to use, but other than that she really couldn't give a shit about other models. As far as she cares, every one of them is different and the only reason she carries the gun is for emergencies

She has a gun her father taught her to use, but other than that she really couldn't give a shit about other models. As far as she cares, every one of them is different and the only reason she carries the gun is for emergencies
Alright, but how is that a weakness?

She's avtively working against herself, bevause it's easier to survive with ranged weapons, vut she only uses melee weapons if she can help it. Meaning she's probably a horrible shot with the lack of practice, and if she actually had to shoot her way out of a situation then she would be killed. Her willful ignorance of machanical weaponry is going to get her killed

She's avtively working against herself, bevause it's easier to survive with ranged weapons, vut she only uses melee weapons if she can help it. Meaning she's probably a horrible shot with the lack of practice, and if she actually had to shoot her way out of a situation then she would be killed. Her willful ignorance of machanical weaponry is going to get her killed
Consider me convinced.

How did she survive? And why/how did she join the group?

To be frank, I personally would rather have those come into explanation during the thread via a character developing/plot thickening process. But if you would much rather I also include them in her history I can.

First off, the guy has no real weakness at all.
"His pain receptors have been numbed down, so if you get a good hit on him, he probably won't feel it;" So what? What weakness does that even provide? He will clearly be aware of the hit due to his feeling of touch not being numbed down. If anything that's a strength because the pain will not be distracting him. What scenario is that even a weakness in? In a fight, adrenaline already numbs down the feeling of pain to an extent. That is already a trait that everyone one has in a battle like scenario.
"it's rare for him to express his emotions; he's socially awkward;" Wow. What an incredible weakness.
"deactivating him with his Agent code (temporarily subdue him)" Unless somebody's going to be going around, shouting out the super secret code word then this is really no weakness. I get that you are trying to make it so that if the group crosses the people who "made" him then he would be next to useless but this is such a niche weakness that its not even worth mentioning.

"Digital Forensics" Don't know how much use this is going to be but I believe it makes it so that nobody in the group can go rogue and start sabotaging things, or even go against him by manipulating things and planting shit destroying interesting possible sub plots.
"Hand-to-Hand combat" Alright, solid strength.
"Negotiating/Sweet-Talking" "socially awkward" Okay. That would mean that he is good at acting, pretending or something. Another solid strength.
"Materialistic" What? This does not even belong here.

I think the problem with him not having solid weaknesses is one that can easily be ignored. The real problem lies in his equipment.
"ECHO (Evidence Correlation Holographic Overlay): A device that is quite standard to field agents. It consists of mined data from cellular devices, surveillance devices, and phone calls [practically anything containing digital data]."
So depending on how much data it has, he is basically going to know everything about everyone without having to even interact with them due to the data being already mined from them before the apocalypse began. That could mean that he has access to everyone's weaknesses allowing him to exploit them at ease and allowing him to be wary of certain things that he has no business knowing.
"Smartwatch with communication device: An advanced piece of technology that allows for long range communication. It is capable of accessing files and other digital data, storing it to the agent's ECHO"
This basically allows him to hack into pretty much any electronic system in the world of the RP. This just makes him a sneaking machine as he will be able to get into any base with the knowledge of the layout, the cameras and the guard positions. This also makes it so that the group does not need to reach pax as, once it is in range, this watch can just communicate with them leading to the rest of the journey being much easier. This last part is no problem though.
"Holographic Map: Through activation on the smartwatch, a holographic map will appear, providing current locations, fastest directions, and such things"
He gets google maps basically. This helps with the sneaking thing above, this helps letting him know of everything around him, making him very difficult to flank and it gives him information of where everyone around him is.

And then there are his weapons.
"~ Beretta PX4 Storm pistol with detachable silencer and laser attachment; 2x clips
~ Tactical ACR [Black]; 2x clips
~ Chinese Ring Dagger"
He basically has top notch weapons with silencers and shit. The pistol, assuming it is 9mm, has 15 bullets while the AR most likely has 30 per clip. So be has access to 90 bullets in total from the beginning. Him not being a sharpshooter does not really matter here, because he does not have a weakness telling us that he is bad with these guns. So that means that he can be considered average. And with his weapons being better than the average weapon, he is going to do overall better with guns than everyone. He also starts out with the most firepower out of everyone in the group.

"Unusually sharp canine teeth" Can use his teeth as a weapon.

So he basically has the best equipment out of everyone in the group in terms of raw fire power AND has access to ludicrous amounts of information. He as average height and weight, neither holding him back what so ever, his fears do not affect him at all "getting lost, leprechauns (yeah, I'm looking at you Lucky Charms)" with his super duper google maps gadget preventing him from getting lost and his weaknesses are not solid at all. He is hard to flank due to his maps, he is hard to betray due to him knowing everyone already, he is hard to outsmart due to him and his detective skills, making him much less vulnerable than anybody.

I just don't see a way to attack this guy and win if you know what I'm saying.

Ultimately, it is up to snow. But these are just my 2 cents in the matter.
DankWaffles DankWaffles

S n o w S n o w , is the second co-leader still open?
I'm thinking it would be fun to play a leader roll.. Like a Lawful neutral, ex-hunter, manly man with a heart of gold (face claiming Ben Dahlhaus, I think, he looks like he would kill people through hugs).

Or I will just join as a member, probably as someone with a want for justice..Ooh, mabye an ex-biathlon...er?

Last edited:
1. Pain receptors are numbed...meaning if he gets shot, there's no way he'd know of it. He was the subject to government experimentation, it even implies that in his biography. Provided below is a quote from verywell.com

"Let’s say you step on a rock. How does a sensory nerve in the peripheral nervous system know this is any different than something like a soft toy? Different sensory nerve fibers respond to different things, and produce different chemical responses which determine how sensations are interpreted. Some nerves send signals associated with light touch, while others respond to deep pressure.

Special pain receptors called
nociceptors activate whenever there has been an injury, or even a potential injury, such as breaking the skin or causing a large indentation.

Even if the rock does not break your skin, the tissues in your foot become compressed enough to cause the nociceptors to fire off a response. Now, an impulse is heading through the nerve into the spinal cord, and eventually all the way to your brain. This happens within fractions of a second."

1a. So when I say that his pain receptors have been numbed down, I'm referring to his nociceptors being near diminished. In turn, he would be unaware of such physical damage, possibly severely wounding him in the long run [depending on the type of pain caused].

2. [Your sarcasm isn't needed to help your claim.] Anyways, everyone knows that there are 4 main levels of "health": Mental, Social, Physical, and Emotional. If one becomes unbalanced, then you are considered to be 'unhealthy'. In addition, since my character is socially awkward and has a difficult time expressing his feelings and emotions, it could create tension or some other dilemma within the group.

3. The whole activation and deactivation phrase is primarily a substituted back-up plan for rogue agents; it also gives a chance for the group to learn about such code and utilize it as a weapon. Last I checked, I never said the code was, as you stated, "super secret".

4. Pretty sure that all the technology is deactivated, such as CCTV cameras and what not. The ECHO is only for the use of locating and recollecting already stored data [events of the past]. So if someone were to betray the group, then I highly doubt that my character would be able to use his ECHO at that moment.

5. Materialistic as in, does he have simple possessions to create an on the spot device (Molotov, makeshift silencer, etc.)

6. I hope you remember that a sleeper agent is activated only when needed in certain situations (such as the Apocalypse). He hasn't been an activate agent for 8 years, no, he was 'asleep' for 8 years. And the ECHO has no recorded information on anyone in the group. In order for him to obtain such information, he'd have to gather that data from some source of digital storage. Besides, why would a weakness such as "A horrible cook" or "Hand-to-Hand combat" be recorded and stored as data?

7. Right...he has to be present, or near the presence, of whatever server, memory card, or SSD is holding that information. This isn't like something out of Watchdogs, where he can just hack into cameras and trace it back to the server.

8. The holographic map has no function of heat signatures, so someone can sneak up on him. It's literally, as you said, Google Maps, but in a holographic form. The picture I provided, where you can see the names of people on the map, isn't going to be a feature that this Holographic map has. Also, while I'm on the topic of this equipment, the holographic map can only be accessed through the Smartwatch [refer to my CS]. So, if you take the watch off, there goes 66% of his equipment really.

9a. I changed around the set number of clips some time ago, which decreased the total number of bullets.
9b. Chinese Ring Dagger...top notch?...don't make me laugh now
9c. Well, since he is a government agent, I do believe they would provide him with some form of good quality weapons. Furthermore, bullets run out quick, so every shot counts.
9d. "And with his weapons being better than the average weapon, he is going to do overall better with guns than everyone.". What? So you're saying if someone had--I don't know--a SCAR-H, that they're going to be 100% accurate with their gun? Just because the weapon Miles has may be better, in terms of firepower, doesn't mean he's going to be some sort of legend with it. If you would like, I can go into more detail regarding his accuracy handling a weapon, but you inferred it as "average".

10. His "unusually sharp canine teeth" are a distinct feature...that's it. I don't remember adding that in the 'Weapons' section.

11. Once again, the holographic map can be rendered useless in seconds if someone were to slip it off his wrist (with sleight of hand or possibly during a fight with him). And regarding the whole leprechaun thing, my character is scarred by the movie "Leprechaun", and choked on a spoon-full of Lucky Charms when he was younger.

All in all, I made this character to add some diversity in the RP. Not everyone should have a similar inventory, a similar background, a similar skill set, and so on. Plus, if this were to happen in real life, do you honestly think the government wouldn't have some type of field agent out there, trying to save/assist who they can. I understand your concern for the sake of the RP, but I had no intention to make my character over-powered. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Vanessaaah Vanessaaah

><><><><><
Crimtot Crimtot No, I actually hate the current version of the game. When they first showed the game off, that's what I liked most. In all honesty, this RP just seemed similar to the events of The Division, so I thought I'd sneak some elements of it in here.

Guys i really think you should just let snow take care if this. They have a pretty good idea of what they want to see out of the forms

I wouldn't think so. there was a discussion and then people made adjustments and compromises occurred.

I've also made a second character if that's cool. She'll be a challenge, but I don't think she'll last long to be honest.

S n o w S n o w , is the second co-leader still open?
I'm thinking it would be fun to play a leader roll.. Like a Lawful neutral, ex-hunter, manly man with a heart of gold (face claiming Ben Dahlhaus, I think, he looks like he would kill people through hugs).

Or I will just join as a member, probably as someone with a want for justice..Ooh, mabye an ex-biathlon...er?

Ah, no, but there's plenty of space for a biathloner.

DankWaffles DankWaffles I'd prefer if he didn't have a map of any kind. A holographic map like that would make it easier for the group to find/get to Pax, when none of it is supposed to be easy.

Cronos Cronos I think speaking up counts as a social activity, so I don't count it as a weakness. And I don't have a problem with her weapons exactly, but how is she carrying all that? A longbow, arrows, a crossbow, bolts, and a pistol. Unless she carries one all the time without putting it away, it seems a little unrealistic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back