• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

I usually stuck to junk food instead of canned food. You know, like potato chips and other snacks. I stared at him. No sane survivor would just hand out a ton of precious food.

(Gtg to bed, good night)

Derrick noted the squeeze and almost jumped, hoping nothing serious was broken, "I have some pain meds at my base, if we can just make it, I'll get you some." He nervously checked the bottom floor, helping her closer and closer to the door. He looked back searching for the other girl, his free hand touched the polymer grip of his rifle, "You know this is the longest I've been around people in a long time." he looked at her as her foot made her grimace, "Yeah, just a bit more." He smiled, helping her down the steps outside the building, before helping her sit and running to his tree, quickly retrieving his bag and returning. He began digging in his bag, "You okay with morphine?" He asked, digging a bottle and a syringe in a blisterpack out.

Marcus let out a pained sigh as he tried to fall back asleep. He took some medicine to help with the hangover and began to gather up his gear before opening the door and leaving his bunker. Thankfully, the guitar case had a strap on it for easier transportation. He made his way through his traps, disabling them as he went. Hoping to find something of use, he made his way to a sporting goods store. After searching a bit, he came up with a hatchet, a sheath for the hatchet, a box of buckshot for his shotgun, a ghillie suit in a bag, a Remington 700 sniper rifle with a box of rounds and a 12x scope mounted on the rifle, which he managed to loot off a corpse, and a pair of high powered binoculars. He smiled widely, looks like Lady Luck decided to side with him today.

Marcus left the mall and made his way towards the top of a tall building. He set his things down beside him carefully before laying on his stomach and peering through the scope of his rifle, scanning the area around him carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Levi looked around the empty building almost about to pull her mask off when she heard something, she was quick to pull her gun from its pocket and stick it up in the air. "Wh-who's there" Levi shuttered as she looked at the three doors surronding her. She was about to shoot when she heard the noise again "I-I have a gun" Levi pointed the gun at the roof and shot. She looked around at the doors she then saw a cat come from one of the doors "o-oh" Smiled levi picking the fragile creature up. "you must be lost..huh?" the cat meowed then levi stroked its back and put it down but the cat refused to leave and instead sat next to Levi "I have new recruit hey...okay" Levi then heard another creaking sound and she faced her gun towards the three doors.

After Leon drove down a few blocks passing a brightly colored apartment and seeing a mall. which he quickly made a mental note to stay away from, he saw a brick house which he thought might look like a good place to camp. He pulled his Harley around back by the backdoor and parked. Then he proceeded into the house very carefully and saw it was abandoned as he checked every room he just saw some old furniture and trash on the ground. He let out a sigh and was disappointed that their was nothing here. After he was done checking the whole house he set traps at the doors and windows. He grabbed his sleeping bag off his bike which has a pillow and two blankets in it he goes to the bedroom and throws one blanket on the bed and pillow down on top of it and goes to sleep. He wakes up from a good night sleep which he hasn't had in a few months. And packs his sleeping bag back up and starts a fire in the back of the house worms up a can of beans and boils a pot of water. He gets a coffee can out of his bag and sighs as he empty's it. " Man its going to be a long time before i find any more coffee." As he drinks his coffee he walks around to the front of the house and looks up and down the street seeing nothing and then over to the mall. And all he sees is a sports store sign on the out side of the mall. As he goes to turn away he sees a the sun shinning off of something that's on top of a tall building that's a block or two away and stands their trying to see what it is.

@Cruor Flumine

Marcus used the rifle to peer through the window of a building, seeing a feminine figure fire a shit into the roof before giving a relieved smile and picking up a cat. He smiled before aiming at the entrance of the building, seeing a drone moving towards the door. He held his breath and time seemed to slow. .3 mph wind. 4 meter incline. 10 meter distance. .308 winchester ammunition. He calculated all the factors in his head like a machine automatically. He took aim and pulled the trigger. The powder in the bullet ignited and sent it flying towards the zombie, removing it's head effectively.

Leon standing on the lawn in front of the house he is using as a base and trying to figure out what this shining thing is that he has spotted. And out of no where he hears a loud gun shot come from where the object was asn see's a bullet fly in the direction of a building that's over on the next block behind him. After seeing this he runs to the back of the house jumps over the fence runs through the ally over the next fence and out into the middle of the street and sees a zombie in front of a door with its head blown off. He sighs on relief to see that it wasn't a person shot and goes over to check the body and as he does he hears a cat meow from inside the building.

Casey continued down the stairs, using Derrick as a crutch the entire way. She glanced up at him as he began talking. She wanted to tell him that she would be fine, to not waste such precious items, but with every stab of pain the idea began to fade. "You know this is the longest I've been around people in a long time." Derrick admitted. Casey nodded in agreement; the last time she had actually spent time with anyone was two years ago before her brother- She quickly stopped her thoughts. She forced herself to push the thought away. Derrick's hushed words of comfort made it easier to let it fade into white noise.

After being helped to sit down Derrick rushed off towards the forest. Casey pulled out her karambits and looked around in paranoia. With her foot in this condition the odds were against her if she were to be attacked. It was completely silent. She nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard Derrick's quickly approaching footsteps. He knelt down and began rummaging through a bag before asking her about morphine. "As long as it isn't enough to kill me." She quickly looked down, hoping he didn't hear her attempt at humour.

Derrick couldn't help but smile at Casey's joke, helping with her shoe he almost cursed himself for giving up medicine, but then again, he had worked up a few thousand bad jokes, and needed someone to tell them to. He gave her a small injection to numb the pain and went about splinting and setting her big toe which appeared to have been broken. He then quickly bandaged her leg, "If I had a lollipop, you'd have earned it." He began putting everything away again, "Now I think I set it so it'll fit in your shoe again." He said, skeptical of his own work.

(we're in different areas, but i guess if you leave where you were when we last left off and find them then thats how)

Casey smiled, she had only had a lollipop once in her life; on her twelfth birthday. She admired Derrick's work. "Thank you very much." She looked up at Derrick. She bit her lip anxiously before forcing herself to speak. "My name is Casey. I don't normally tell people, but you've been so kind to me..." Her voice trailed off. She quickly grabbed her shoe and carefully slipped it back on. "If there's anything you ever need, though I don't have a lot. Maybe if you ever need a favor." She rambled awkwardly. She could tell she was rambling, but couldn't stop her useless babbling. Her face burnt red as she forced her mouth shut.

"Maxwell you idiot, introduce me!" The door opens and Maxwell(Zack's assistant) appears holding a radio/cd player.

"Ladies and gentlemen,

It is my great honor to present to you

A man of class

A man of great wisdom!

An individual so generous, that he has allowed you to be in his glorious presence

Here I give to you the essence of Excellence

The only one of his kind, Zack Hall!"

(he plays Zack Hall's theme on his portable stereo system, the song below)

Zack Hall walks through the door and enters.

"No need to adjust your eyesight. Yes, it is I, "THE" Zack Hall. The sun, the moon, and stars have aligned, and here I am" *flashes his smile*

"I can't believe I ran into you, I can't believe it's you" A girl runs up to Zack. "Guilty as charged" Zack responds. "Zack, when I saw your face, I remembered that love is real. Your beautiful face made me believe in love again" She says. "Yes my face does do that" Zack responds. He smiles at her, "You know, I do my own stunts" She faints and a photographer catches her. Zack walks away, "It's a beautiful day, but not as beautiful as me". He then hears another girl screaming, "Aaaaahhh" Zack starts turning around, "Listen honey, theirs no need to get hysterical. I know it's me, THE Zack Hall but-" He then sees a group of strange looking individuals across the street swarm a van, overtaking it and pulling out a guy as they tear at him. "Go through the back, leave. Yes I know it's me but you can always see me in my next movie. Go, now" Zack tells the woman.

Zack wakes up to the present. "Even when the end of the world has come, it's still good to be Zack Hall" he says out loud.

[media]

[/media]

Funeral said:
"Maxwell you idiot, introduce me!" The door opens and Maxwell(Zack's assistant) appears holding a radio/cd player.
"Ladies and gentlemen,

It is my great honor to present to you

A man of class

A man of great wisdom!

An individual so generous, that he has allowed you to be in his glorious presence

Here I give to you the essence of Excellence

The only one of his kind, Zack Hall!"

(he plays Zack Hall's theme on his portable stereo system, the song below)

Zack Hall walks through the door and enters.

"No need to adjust your eyesight. Yes, it is I, "THE" Zack Hall. The sun, the moon, and stars have aligned, and here I am" *flashes his smile*

"I can't believe I ran into you, I can't believe it's you" A girl runs up to Zack. "Guilty as charged" Zack responds. "Zack, when I saw your face, I remembered that love is real. Your beautiful face made me believe in love again" She says. "Yes my face does do that" Zack responds. He smiles at her, "You know, I do my own stunts" She faints and a photographer catches her. Zack walks away, "It's a beautiful day, but not as beautiful as me". He then hears another girl screaming, "Aaaaahhh" Zack starts turning around, "Listen honey, theirs no need to get hysterical. I know it's me, THE Zack Hall but-" He then sees a group of strange looking individuals across the street swarm a van, overtaking it and pulling out a guy as they tear at him. "Go through the back, leave. Yes I know it's me but you can always see me in my next movie. Go, now" Zack tells the woman.

Zack wakes up to the present. "Even when the end of the world has come, it's still good to be Zack Hall" he says out loud.

[media]

[/media]
(He reminds me of Duke Nukem, narcissim everwhere)

[QUOTE="Cruor Flumine](He reminds me of Duke Nukem, narcissim everwhere)

[/QUOTE]
(He's amazing isn't he)

Derrick smiled at Casey's awkward rambling, "Tell you what, let me stick around a few days, let me tell you my dumb jokes, and after a little prospecting we can go our separate ways." He held a hand out to help her up, after gathering his things again. "Then you don't owe me anything." Derrick said, checking his bags and such. He looked around cautiously, buttoning his jacket up.

After getting directions from Marcus, Devin had run from the house without looking back. Hopefully if he could draw the attention of the Faker he could give the others time. "Why the hell am I doing this?" He wondered. "Have I let them become friends?"

His thoughts were interrupted by a low moan escaping from a group of trees to his right. Seconds later a particularly fat zombie came crashing out of the foliage after him, one white eye glaring in contrast to its dead expression. A Drone! Grabbing his bat's handle he quickly spun on one foot bringing the aluminum Easton against the brute's head with all his strength. With an uncomfortable tearing sound the zed's head detached from its shoulder. Calmly leaning over the deformed mass Devin stared into the undamaged eye, the white one. "Well, you piece of crap. I don't know if you can still see through this thing, but if you can I want you to know that you are the laziest Faker I have ever met. I mean, seriously, could you only catch a fat, old slow poke like this? Give me something more! I'll wait."

After several tense minutes of waiting he heard more crashing and groaning. "Well, it worked. I drew some Fakers away from the rest and I discovered another thing about the bastards"

Turning to run he found himself face to face with a tall muscular Faker.

"I don't appreciate the things you said about me." It growled.

"Now, you wanted a fight, I'll give you one."

(I'm just going to catch Devin up with the rest of the people)

Devin made a quick assessment of the situation.

Two or more zeds behind him.

One big son of a b---- in front of him.

All of them able to out run him.

Only one able to outthink him.

He made his choice.

As fast as he could, Devin tripped the zombie in front of him, burying a short kitchen knife in its chest. That should slow it down. He then turned and t charged the first drone as it exited the woods. Smashing its skull he had just enough time to fend a blow from th the second. Felling that undead he then sought to make good his escape. He succeeded.

After a few minutes of running Devin slowed to a jog, giving himself time to catch his breath and regain his bearings. As he he jogged he felt a dull pain in his left leg. His stopped an rolled up his pant leg to find the source of the pain. To his horror he saw that it was a bite!

It had happened! He had made friends and now he was going to become a zombie! After the first few panic filled moments he realized that he really didn't care. He had saved his friends, or at least he hoped he had. He could find comfort in that thought. He then decided he should at least check on his friends before he had to leave them forever.

It was a long time before he found the apartments. When he did get there he heard a guitar. The idiots! They were making all that ruckus and didn't even have a lookout! "Well I guess I can help them one more time."

Some time later Devin saw a young guy coming towards the building, behind him was a little girl. "They look safe enough. I'll let them pass, who knows,maybe this is the guy Addie was looking for." He followed the new comers into the building and from a convenient hiding spot heard all that transpired. He was dumbfounded when Marcus decided to leave. "The dumbass! Doesn't he know that he needs them as much as they need him?" Slipping into the now vacated room he wrote a quick note for Addie and Felix, telling them of his condition and wishing them luck and long life. He then exited through the back door and followed the now retreating Marcus.

*Strolls through an underpass on foot, lightly puffing on a cigarette as to do so. Alistar crouches by a boulder and sighs in relieve; rummaging through his belongings and junk to fetch his canteen.*

Devin follow the grieving Marcus to a bar. "No, he wouldn't!" He did. He grabbed a whole bottle of whiskey. "This guy ain't an alcoholic, he's gonna mess himself up."

From there they made their way to a mall were Marcus set a perimeter of traps around himself before drowning his sorrows. Devin prepared himself for a night long vigil and some drunk rambling. In the morning He watched the the kid raid a small sporting goods store. They then went into a tall building, from the roof of which Marcus took out a drone that was about to attack a girl an her cat. It was time to intervene. "There is someone coming from down the road, we had better help them finish off the rest of the Fakers."

@Cruor Flumine

Hope it's okay if I kinda stalked your guy :)

*I spot the crudely dressed man who stood in the middle of the street. Alistar's curiosity gets the best of him, and he waves in the direction to understand his side in things. His pearl gripped gun, 'Marilyn' in his fist at his side.*

Aggiewon said:
(I'm just going to catch Devin up with the rest of the people)
Devin made a quick assessment of the situation.

Two or more zeds behind him.

One big son of a b---- in front of him.

All of them able to out run him.

Only one able to outthink him.

He made his choice.

As fast as he could, Devin tripped the zombie in front of him, burying a short kitchen knife in its chest. That should slow it down. He then turned and t charged the first drone as it exited the woods. Smashing its skull he had just enough time to fend a blow from th the second. Felling that undead he then sought to make good his escape. He succeeded.

After a few minutes of running Devin slowed to a jog, giving himself time to catch his breath and regain his bearings. As he he jogged he felt a dull pain in his left leg. His stopped an rolled up his pant leg to find the source of the pain. To his horror he saw that it was a bite!

It had happened! He had made friends and now he was going to become a zombie! After the first few panic filled moments he realized that he really didn't care. He had saved his friends, or at least he hoped he had. He could find comfort in that thought. He then decided he should at least check on his friends before he had to leave them forever.

It was a long time before he found the apartments. When he did get there he heard a guitar. The idiots! They were making all that ruckus and didn't even have a lookout! "Well I guess I can help them one more time."

Some time later Devin saw a young guy coming towards the building, behind him was a little girl. "They look safe enough. I'll let them pass, who knows,maybe this is the guy Addie was looking for." He followed the new comers into the building and from a convenient hiding spot heard all that transpired. He was dumbfounded when Marcus decided to leave. "The dumbass! Doesn't he know that he needs them as much as they need him?" Slipping into the now vacated room he wrote a quick note for Addie and Felix, telling them of his condition and wishing them luck and long life. He then exited through the back door and followed the now retreating Marcus.
While exploring the apartment we are hoping to see Devin approaching or to find supplies i come across his note and say aloud, "That dumb son of a bi-" I cut myself off. I'm going to have to find his ass I think to myself.

(sorry about the delay internet decided to screw up @Aggiewon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back