• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

HahahaHa!!!" Lazarus sees the kick coming but doesn't really react to it. The thoughts raced through his mind 'does it hurt? I wonder if it hurts. It probably hurts. If he's strong it'll hurt.' Lazarus simply takes a light hop back to minimize the damage and takes the kick square in the chest. Sure enough it had hurt and quite a bit. What Lazarus didn't expect was that he would get launched off his feet and get sent a good 4 1/2 ft back. Lazarus had even jumped to minimize the damage but even then the kick was absolutely devastating. The undead lands into a back handspring and does a graceful flip in the air before landing on all fours, sliding across the concrete a few inches, gripping his chest with his right hand. "Oooo heheh ow ow ow owwwwuch. That actually hurt heheheh. You definitely cracked a rib. I heard the crackle pop hahaha. Oh that was different! That was very different . That was fun! You seem like fun! Oh yes yes pleaaaase. LETS!" Lazarus had completely forgotten about everyone else in the tunnels now and was completely engrossed in the stranger that had just arrived. The last word he said came out as a cross between a growl and a maniacal screech. He dashes forward again towards the human but this time he wasn't going to be caught unaware. His full attention was on every movement this chain-wielding survivor made. Lazarus was exhilarated at the thought of an exciting battle. His eyes becoming wide and unnaturally focused. The crazed grin only seemed to get wider with each passing second.

Derrick sat in a tree, holding Natasha close, his feet dangled as he nodded off and on, it had been a full day since he left his perch, but with a hunting party of zombies in the area, the tree was the safest place. On what he decided to call 'The Lame Trek 2: Bullets, Bandages, and Braaains' he decided a city, of course a city would have a few shells. This trip had been most fruitful, as he had grabbed two cans of beans, having to give up a third to beat a zombie to death. He listened, hearing something that sounded like a screech or a howl. Derrick's flesh crawled just a bit, nervously he began looking around, with a sigh and the knowledge that nothing could really be done if a pack had descended upon some poor soul, he broke out his can opener and used the lid to eat the beans.

Reanne This is getting out of hand, Rea thought as she ran back to the tunnels, she forget if Eve was still following her, all she needed was to get back to her base and rest. It will be a shame though if she didnt bring back any survivors, since she has a lot of food from raiding the city and with only one person to consume the perishables.

Realizing the zombie was distracted by someone else who was actually skilled, I grabbed Puppet Man and sprinted to the hospital. Once we got inside the hospital, I snapped my fingers in front of him, hoping he'd return to earth. I sighed and sat on the dirty floor, closing my eyes and drifting into a sleep.

Casey shuffled among the debris, making her way into the apartment building. The faded blue paint peeled free from the wall. The floor boards groaned with every step she took. Her plan was to search one level, bring whatever she found to her makeshift tree house, then go back and search the next floor. The ground level appeared to be made up of the main lobby and a back room for employees. She managed to find some batteries and, oddly enough, a package of bullets in a desk drawer. Guns weren't really her forte, but suppose she met another person, she could very well trade it for something more desirable.

Last edited by a moderator:
shadowz1995 said:
HahahaHa!!!" Lazarus sees the kick coming but doesn't really react to it. The thoughts raced through his mind 'does it hurt? I wonder if it hurts. It probably hurts. If he's strong it'll hurt.' Lazarus simply takes a light hop back to minimize the damage and takes the kick square in the chest. Sure enough it had hurt and quite a bit. What Lazarus didn't expect was that he would get launched off his feet and get sent a good 4 1/2 ft back. Lazarus had even jumped to minimize the damage but even then the kick was absolutely devastating. The undead lands into a back handspring and does a graceful flip in the air before landing on all fours, sliding across the concrete a few inches, gripping his chest with his right hand. "Oooo heheh ow ow ow owwwwuch. That actually hurt heheheh. You definitely cracked a rib. I heard the crackle pop hahaha. Oh that was different! That was very different . That was fun! You seem like fun! Oh yes yes pleaaaase. LETS!" Lazarus had completely forgotten about everyone else in the tunnels now and was completely engrossed in the stranger that had just arrived. The last word he said came out as a cross between a growl and a maniacal screech. He dashes forward again towards the human but this time he wasn't going to be caught unaware. His full attention was on every movement this chain-wielding survivor made. Lazarus was exhilarated at the thought of an exciting battle. His eyes becoming wide and unnaturally focused. The crazed grin only seemed to get wider with each passing second.
Vlad merely laughed as the zombie rushed towards him. Three, two, one, now. Vlad leapt over top of the zombie dashing at him and with a quick spin tried to hit him with both ends of his chain. "Blindly rushing in is never a good idea." Vlad yawned as he landed on a nearby bench. He twirled the chains so that they wrapped around his arms. I need to have them ready for the next attack. Zombies aren't ALWAYS stupid enough to keep rushing. Vlad's mind began processing the different options for assault from his current position.

Lazarus's full concentration is on the hunter in front of him. As he jumps over his rush, Lazarus stops and pivots around while the man is still in mid-air. The man twirls and both chains come lashing out like metal snakes, eager to bite him. However, due to his pivot during mid jump, Lazarus slips under the swing with a small step in, keeping his body low to avoid the chains swinging just over his head. The zombie rushes the bench he had only just landed on and drives a devastating kick straight into the bench, shattering it and not only breaking the hunter's potential positioning but also disrupting his balance on it. "Who says I was BLINDLY rushing?" The undead hops back a few inches from the destroyed bench and makes sure that he is positioned in a way that cuts off most forms of escapes and forces the hunter to fight Lazarus or come up with some other form of strategy. "Im rushing you down very observantly. Every movement. Every sound. Every breath you take. I can see and hear it all. How your muscles tense. How your eyes are looking around thinking of a way to defeat me. I can see you very well human. And I must say I like what I see heheh. "Lazarus licks his lower lip with a look that can only be described as starving and crazed.

shadowz1995 said:
Lazarus's full concentration is on the hunter in front of him. As he jumps over his rush, Lazarus stops and pivots around while the man is still in mid-air. The man twirls and both chains come lashing out like metal snakes, eager to bite him. However, due to his pivot during mid jump, Lazarus slips under the swing with a small step in, keeping his body low to avoid the chains swinging just over his head. The zombie rushes the bench he had only just landed on and drives a devastating kick straight into the bench, shattering it and not only breaking the hunter's potential positioning but also disrupting his balance on it. "Who says I was BLINDLY rushing?" The undead hops back a few inches from the destroyed bench and makes sure that he is positioned in a way that cuts off most forms of escapes and forces the hunter to fight Lazarus or come up with some other form of strategy. "Im rushing you down very observantly. Every movement. Every sound. Every breath you take. I can see and hear it all. How your muscles tense. How your eyes are looking around thinking of a way to defeat me. I can see you very well human. And I must say I like what I see heheh. "Lazarus licks his lower lip with a look that can only be described as starving and crazed.
Vlad felt his balance shift and threw one side of his chain to a lamp post and pulled himself over to it. "A zombie that thinks is a surprising zombie." Vlad was glad the zombie had jumped back instead of attacking, but that gave him enough information to work with. A predator trying to play. It was boring to think about. He wanted a fight and Vlad suddenly lost his desire to let out aggression. Pointless bloodlust didn't intrigue him. And besides, by now the humans in the tunnel had run away. "I'd love to keep playing with you zombie, but your "hunting" is boring to me. I think i'll take my leave." Vlad threw out his chains and propelled himself away from the zombie. It wasn't that Vlad had lost his anger with the zombie, he just felt his life wasn't in danger at that point. Predator vs predator ends up a very bloody match and Vlad had no intention of having a fight like that.

"Hahaha! Oh You lost interest did you? Alright so be it. I know those girls were nearby. I can still smell them. I'll just help myself to their nice young bodies. Those tend to taste....sweeter than others. Ill see you again hunter. Believe me I will. Ive memorized that scent. At least the weaklings are funner to play with. Screaming all the time haha." Lazarus eyes the hunter one last time and turns away from him. He breaks off into a sprint, following the scent of the girl he had encountered before with the semi-crazed human. Lazarus wanted entertainment and he would find some way to achieve it. He always did.

Casey had already cleared two levels and had just begun the third when she heard a soft scratching almost as if someone were running there fingers along the floor boards. She gripped her kambits tightly, holding her breath. Silently she began to back out of the hallway towards the emergency stairs. Very little was worth compromising her safety, though by the same token she was running low on food. The argument within her head was cut off by the sound of sudden movement. Her heart tightened in her chest. Suddenly at the foot of one doorways sat a small squirrel. Casey let out the breath she didn't realize she had been holding. She felt a wave of foolishness and self anger, as well as relief, wash over her. She began towards the squirrel before blinded by a sudden flash of light and a loud bang. She stumbled back in shock. She blinked in confusion and alertness. Where the squirrel had once been was now a hole in the ground and entrails spreading out from it. Blood that had once circulated throughout the small creatures body now decorated the floor boards and nearby wall. "What the hell..." Was all Casey could manage.

A loud sound from the building near Derrick's tree made him look, a flash of light had accompanied it, he gripped his rifle, Natasha. Tying his bag and assorted gear to the tree, he stuffed two more magazines into his jacket and began climbing down. Against his own better judgement he pushed the door open, knowing that the light had been on the third floor, he climbed slowly, looking all around, the dimness of the building not helping his speed. As he reached the second floor, he heard steps, nervously he just stopped, trying to decide his next move, he slowly pulled a door closed behind him, the hinges creaking as he did. "Shit." he whispered, laying behind an overturned table.

Casey took a step forward. It appeared that the squirrel had tripped some sort of wire, setting off a small explosion that had been set under the floor boards. Was this someone's hideout? Almost as if an answer to her question a door creaked from behind. Casey turned, still holding the twin blades tightly. No one was there, but a door she could've sworn was open before had now been closed. Adrenaline pumped through her body as she stepped closer. Zombies didn't tend to sneak around, did that mean it was a human? "H-Hello?" Her voice came out as a raspy squeak. She felt like clearing her throat, but was too worried on making her presence known.

Derrick heard a woman's voice, he swallowed, shaking like a leaf, he crossed to the door, pushing his body to the wall, "Uh yes, um hello." He said, touching the door handle, pulling the door open with another creek, he saw the young woman holding two blades, and was instantly relieved that he hadn't run into a zombie, "Sorry, sorry, I saw the flash and, uh, sorry." He went silent looking nervously at her feet, low enough that he didn't have to meet her gaze but could watch her. He finally pulled his right arm out of the room, it had held his rifle so he hid it, "I didn't intend to sneak up on you like this." he chewed the inside of his lower lip anxiously, thinking maybe he shouldn't have come out.

Reanne Rea froze in her steps as she heard a bang. An explosive maybe? She doesnt know anymore. Maybe it was a gun? She shook those thoughts out of her head and headed to where the sound originated. She just smirked, knowing that if she dies today, it was a good run. But shes not accepting death easily. She headed to wards the building, sticking with the shadows. She heard voices and her pace quickened. She cautiously opened a door and saw two figures. She reached for her blades tonfas, thinking that 2 weapons would be better than one. She cleared her throat, narrowing her eyes. She hoped that they weren't zombies, or else, shes screwed.

Suddenly there was a nervous voice. Casey looked over to the man who stood anxiously by the door. He began apologizing, talking about the explosion. "I-It's ok, no need to apologize." She cursed herself silently for stuttering; she usually didn't get as much interaction as she had been the last two days. "A squirrel tripped a wire and set off some form of trap. This isn't your base is it?" She was suddenly cut off by the sound of someone clearing their throat. She turned pointing her blades. She felt as though she had been caught conversing some sort of ludicrous scheme that she had to hide. The girl held two long bar-like weapons. Casey's gazed flicked between the two strangers, though she was certain the girl had been in the tunnels with her.

Reanne Rea sighed in relief. "Err, sorry to uh, interrupt your conversation, hehe." She laughed nervously, lowering her tonfas.

Derrick swallowed and shook his head, "Not mine." He sank to a low crouch, taking in this stranger, until another voice caught his ear and he turned, sinking lower into his shoulders, he looked between the two. He felt backed into a corner. "I'm Derrick." He said at almost a low whisper. His finger twitched between extended and sliding into the trigger guard, "I really don't have a base at the moment." He chewed his lip thoughtfully.

"I'm-" She quickly caught herself. Why was she about to reveal herself to these strangers? Friends are only a burden. She reminded herself. "Bases have their advantages and disadvantages." Casey quickly changed the subject. "What was your name?" She directed towards the girl from the subway. As she awaited her response Casey's gaze flicked back to the man, Derrick. He seemed very anxious, those she supposed scared kept you alert and alive.

Reanne "Name's Rea. Nice to meet you." She said, holding out her arm, waiting for the girl to shake it. Her gaze went to Derrick, his hands on the trigger. She just smirked, she remembered her days being like that when the apocalypse started.

"Likewise," She shook Rea's hand. She looked to Derrick as if she was going to say something dire, but changed her mind. "It's been a pleasure, but I should be continuing on." She gave one last smile to the two before turning and walking towards the stairs. Though she felt as though she was missing something.

"If you're going to go, you may as well search this building. I should really get back to doing." He trailed off, nervously chewing his lip, "It was, uh meeting you." He mumbled before ducking his head and heading down the hall, after he got just a few doors down, he sat, his arms resting on his knees, waiting for them to clear out, he didn't want to get caught up that tree if these two decided to be a little less than friendly. He was trying to decide his next move, but his brain was muddled like when he used to be around people, he was afraid that these to women might get hurt. He couldn't decide really if he cared or not.

Casey nodded at Derrick's suggestion. If this wasn't any of their base there might be some things worth salvaging. She began towards the room where the squirrel had been obliterated when she was hit by the overpowering smell of gasoline. She entered the room to find everything doused in gasoline. It looked like whoever had set the trap had expected the whole place to go up in flames. Casey carefully continued forward, checking any and all cabinets, drawers, and shelves. Nothing was to be found. She let out a soft sigh. Heading back towards the doorway she let her mind wander aimlessly. Who set up this trap? Where did they go? Did they set up a new hideout? At the thought of a hideout her mind jumped to Derrick. She shook her head as if she could shake the thought out. It worked, but not in the way she expected. The floor suddenly gave out from underneath her and she found herself dangling over the second floor. Another stream of curse words slipped from her lips as she tried to pull herself up. The gasoline had softened the wooden floorboards causing them to give way under her. She bit the inside of her cheek until the metallic taste of blood coated her tongue. She hated relying on others and seeming weak, but health came before pride. "Help..." She called quietly, anxiously. "Help," She said a little louder.

Reanne Rea snapped her head to the sound of the faint voice, ever since the apocalypse started her hearing has improved. If not, she would be dead within a week. She followed the sound of the voice and saw the girl, dangling off the floor. "I got ya. Dont worry." She said and helped her up.

Derrick heard the yelling, and he was up and to the room just in time to see Casey being pulled out of a hole, he helped with the other arm before realizing his rifle was still in the hallway. When Casey was on her feet he forced himself to check her head for damage, "Are you okay?" He asked, looking around the room, it looked like where some group or another planned to... He shuddered and rubbed his hands on his jeans, he looked at Rea and mumbled, "I have some stuff in a tree a little ways from here," He looked back at Casey and continued his mumbling, "If you need any medical supplies, I've got a few." He shuffled his feet, "Should I run?"

Marcus sighed, looking out over the city and enjoying the view. Well, everything besides the rotten corpses. He took a quick swig from his water canteen and stood up, turning towards the roof access door that he chained shut tightly.

Marcus quickly retrieved the chain and wrapped it around his right arm before taking a running start and leaping off the buildings edge and through a caved in part of the adjacent building.

He pulled a grappling hook made from three meat hooks welded together, and attatched it to the end of the chain, swinging it and launching it to the next building over, feeling it latch firmly on the edge of the rooftop. He took a second to gather his courage before leaping from his building and swinging on the chain to the next. He hit the wall feet first and climbed to the the roof, falling on the floor and panting heavily. "Why the hell...do I do this..." He said aloud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back