• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

Other than a few scrapes, bruises, and cuts (and a tear in her cargo pants up the side of her leg that would take forever to sew up) she looked fine. Though because of the way the floor gave out, her bloody, bruised toe was now certainly broken. She redistributed her weight to best hide her injury. "It's alright, I'm fine." She managed a small, awkward smile. "No need to waste materials on just a few minor injuries." She remained still, knowing if she tried moving she'd just end up limping.

Last edited by a moderator:
To start it off, Marcus's day wasn't too bad until the 'Son's of Lazarus', as he had heard some people call them, came knocking on his door in a rather violent manner. Right now, he was concerned the mass amount of debris he managed to pile against the door would not be enough to hold those damned laughing zombies back. the fact that they could laugh made the entire situation more terrifying as in every book he's read, the living dead were all mindless creatures that roamed the Earth, not the laughing huntsman that were at his door. He pulled out his shotgun, a simple sawed off double barreled one. However, he was going to upgrade it once he got to a safe area by attaching a drum magazine to it somehow.

With a gulp of water, he looked out one of the windows, looking three stories down into an alleyway. This was going to be a risky maneuver for him. Climbing out the window, he began to carefully climb to ground level using only the small window ledges. Well, escaping the 'hunters' was what a 'fox' runner like him did.

I woke up suddenly, and was frustrated to see Puppet Man hadn't even moved at all since I'd been asleep, or since I dragged him here in the first place. If I leave him for just a little while to continue searching for my brother, I'm sure he'll be fine.. I hesitantly left him and his loony state behind as I climbed a staircase to search for John. I walked down hallways and checked every room possible, but still no sign of John. I looked around and despite my better judgement, I began calling out his name in hopes he'd hear me and follow the sound of my voice, wherever he was.

Marcus, after escaping the hunting party, made his way to the nearest hospital, hoping to find something he could use.

Deciding to take the roof, he began to climb a series of ladders until he made it to the top. From there, Marcus checked his shotgun and pulled his hammer from its loop before opening the door and walking into the darkened building. He stopped on the first floor he came to when he heard a voice. Afraid it could be a zombie, he put the shotgun away and drew his kukri, ready to lash out at any given moment.

I punched the wall in frustration and quickly regretted how hard my fist had impact. I held my hand and practically hissed at the pain, I was relatively weak when it came to injury. I collapsed on the floor, annoyed but exhausted. "JOHN! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??" I shouted one last time before taking a break. "Damn it John.. I know you're alive, at least that's what the girl said back at my hideout.. Maybe she was lying.. Maybe John isn't actually alive at all." I frowned at the thought that all this had been for nothing.

Marcus jumped as a loud slam was heard along with some yelling. Hesitantly, he turned the corner, catching sight of a young girl fall to the floor. She held her hand in pain as she muttered something about a person named John. Going against his better judgement, Marcus put both his weapons away and walked up to the girl slowly. "Hello? Are you ok?" He asked softly.

@ClickyVikki

I looked up in surprise. "Um yeah.." It was some guy who looked to be a little older than John. I winced at the receding pain in my hand and stood up, still looking at the person in slight surprise. "Hey, um.. have you seen a boy a few years older than me with blonde hair and a hoodie kind of like mine?" It seemed this guy came out of nowhere, but my guess was he was in the higher levels of the hospital. Which meant since I haven't been able to look up there, he might've run into John, just maybe.

@Cruor Flumine

I wake up in a room in the abandoned and collapsed part of the hospital to the sound of a girl yelling, "That might not be the best thing for me right now." I say with a frown. I pull my hand-held mirror and make myself look as human as possible trying to hide the blood. I pull out my daggers and move quietly towards the voice. While approaching from behind i trip and make a faint noise followed by a quiet "Shit."

I suddenly had a funny feeling in my gut. I felt like someone was near, maybe even watching. I slid my hand into my right pocket and cautiously grabbed onto mother's knife, just in case. My eyes scanned the hallway and the shadows in an attempt to justify the feeling in my gut.

I sheathe my daggers seeing the girl was young and said in a quiet voice, "I put away my weapons, can i hope you'll do the same?"

My eyes darted in the direction of a soft voice and saw a boy that looked almost John's age. I breathed heavily for a few moments and let go of mother's knife. I took my hand out of the pocket and crossed my arms, hugging myself awkwardly like I always did when I got nervous. "Hey, have you seen a blonde guy with a hoodie like mine that looks around your age..?" There really wasn't any harm in asking if this boy had seen John. My eyes lit up for a moment when I realized I didn't even know if this boy was human or not. "Also... are you a zombie or human...?" It felt like a sort of rude thing to ask, but I had to.

I suddenly seem nervous when you say that last part and say in response, "Sorry you're the first person I've seen here, need any help?" Avoiding the second question.

I frowned slightly when he he said he hadn't seen John. "Aww ok. Well-wait.. You didn't answer my other question." I stared at him in curiosity.

"As long im here to help does it really matter?" Then with a defeated sigh, "Yes I'm a zombie, BUT before you panic I help and protect humans, not them," I say "them" with obvious disgust and hate. After I say this I prepare to sprint away.

For a brief moment I felt like running, but then I noticed he himself looked prepared to run. As if he was afraid of me. My face lightened a bit in realization that he was trustworthy, despite him being a zombie. "It's ok, you're good in my book. My name's Addie." I smiled and held out my hand for a handshake.

I smile in return "Felix, pleased to meet you." I say as i shake your hand, "As i was saying before need any help?"

(Sorry, been busy)

Marcus looked skeptical to say the least. His hand was tightened around his kukri, ready to pull it out at the drop of a needle. "Somehow I find that very hard to believe." He said, a hint of malice in his voice. He gently placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, ready to act.

I pull back my hand to this, "Believe what you want but if i wanted to hurt either of you i would have used my bow and not walk up to you and start talking."

His eyes narrowed as he took a step back. "Maybe you're just toying with us like the others like to do." He accused. "I wouldnt be so trusting girl, it's only gotten my allies killed."

I stand up, "If you want me to leave i'll leave," I turn around and start walking away, "I dont want any trouble, I only wanted to help."

I frowned and looked down at my feet. "If you see my brother can you tell me?" I glanced up at Felix, not really quite so quick to believe that he was here to hurt us like the other zombies. "Please?"

I looked back with a sad smile, "Of course, like I said I only wanted to help."

"Thanks." I felt the corners of my mouth lift into a smile as well. I knew he couldn't be as bad as the older boy made it sound. I was usually relatively naive and trusting to others, but I knew for sure this wasn't just me being stupidly trustful. Not only did I now have a new friend, but I wasn't alone in my search for John.

"Hope I see you again Addie, try to stay alive, and human." Then i turn a corner and walk away.

I watch him turn the corner and disappear. I stopped smiling so much when I realized how hungry I was. I plopped down on the floor in a criss cross applesauce position and opened up my nearly weightless backpack. I grabbed a bag of potato chips and ate around a quarter of it before shoving it back into my backpack. I was still hungry, but honestly, when wasn't I? I needed to conserve my food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back