• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

He nods, looking at the sleeping girl with a smile on his face. "Thank you." He says as he roots around in his bag. He soon pulled out a dark green sweater that seemed to be slightly too big for Addie. With a small smile, he walked over and covered her with it the best he could. "There... Think they have any blankets around here?" He asked, looking around the room.

@ClickyVikki

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuki sat in the bright classroom cheerfully, chatting amongst her friends about who knows what, the teacher eventually clapped her hands together "alright class! that's it for the day!" she yelled cheerfully, Yuki nodded, most of the people left and Yuki remained chatting to her three closest friends whilst packing up her stuff, the sun shining brightly into the spotless classroom.

Miki walked down the halls, eventually arriving at Yuki' classroom and taking a deep breath before opening the door... it as the usual sight. "Oh, Hey Miki-chan!" Yuki said joyfully that another friend had joined in "Who's that? Oh, it's Miki! She's an underclassman in the school. yeah? I know right!" she cheerfully laughed to herself. Miki forced a smile "Yuki! it's time for club activities." she said slowly, Yuki turned around, blank faced before smiling again "Alright! cya later guys!" she said... waving to no one. the turned over tables and shattered windows in the room, the floor and walls covered in blood.

Yuki cheerfully skipped out of the class with Miki "So... what are we doing today?" she asked her "..you know... the usual." Miki replied awkwardly laughing 'She was doing it again...' she thought '...talking... to herself.' she gave Yuki a reassuring look as they continued down the hall.

@Anyone!! :3

Nodding, Marcus sits on the unoccupied end of the couch and leamed back, shotgun in his hands. "Right, I'll keep watch."

There were three of them. A girl, a guy and a defective zombie. "Great, they just had to choose the house I was hiding in!" Devin was starting to panic. It was getting really dark, so his fear was starting to take over, but he also didn't want show himself to these strangers. He shifted uneasily, as he did so one of the floor boards of the closet he was hiding in creaked.

I opened my eyes and woke up for some reason and remembere a weird fact John told me once. 'If you wake up around midnight for no reason, there's an 80% chance someone's watching you'. I looked around and almost laughed. The fact had shown truth for once, the older boy was sitting on the other end of the couch and Felix was standing feet away and holding some blankets. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

My head snapped toward the creaking board I drop the blankets and i pull out my daggers, "Come out now."

@Aggiewon

He couldn't take it anymore! Making friends would be better than this dark torture! The zombie had even told him to come out, he needed to listen. Devin came crashing out of his hiding spot. Taking out all of his flashlights, setting them in a circle around himself, he promptly sat down cross legged , basking in a the comforting glow, not caring what the strangers thought.

I look at you with curiosity and caution, "How long were you in the closet?"

Stared at the stranger and was relatively confused til I saw the sudden relief on his face. He must've been deathly afraid of something.. I got up and cautiously walked forward, forgetting to make sure if he was trustworthy. "You ok?"

Marcus stared at the man, his mouth hanging open. "Alright then...I get being scared of the dark and all, but wouldn't it be easier to hang the flashlights on the ceiling? You would use less of them that way and save batteries." When Addie sat up, the green sweater fell to the floor. Marcus reached down and picked it up, handing it to her. "I thought that might fit you." He said before standing and walking over to the man. He took one of the flashlights and used a piece of double sided tape, sticking the light to the ceiling. "There, my name's Marcus, you are?" He asked, offering a hand.

"D-d-Devin is my name. But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Everything matters." As he took the guys hand Devin quickly collected his wits. "Shit! I've been acting like a total lunatic! Sorry about that. I can face zombies, hordes of zombies, but not the dark."

He suddenly realized he was talking to other people, something he hadn't done in months. " I've got to go." He didn't want to make friends.

I slowly sheath my daggers but keep my hands on the hilts, "If you feel you must go, then do what you please."

@Aggiewon

"Thanks, don't expect to see me around. I'll probably die soon anyway." Devin worked his way to the door, but stopped before going out. "Do you guys need any batteries?"

"Wait, are you sure you don't want to stay, you know rest?" I say with a hint of concern, "There is safety in numbers after all."

@Aggiewon

Marcus sighed and shook his head. "He's right, it's much safer with others." He walked back over to the couch and sat down.

The collective light and company was very welcoming. "Thanks, I'll stay for tonight. I'm not making friends though. Making people your friends will just kill them, and you're good people, I don't want you to die.

I pulled the big green sweater over my hoodie and let it cling to my small frame. "I know what you mean, but just the act of making friends doesn't seal their fate." I slid mothers knife back in my right pocket and plopped back on the couch.

I look at you with curiosity, "What makes you say that?" then with certainty "It's not having friends that kills them, It's the truths you chose not to reveal, and the consequences of those hidden truths from the reactions of others." I finish with guilt and sadness crawling on to face and in my voice.

@Aggiewon

"The only person I ever knew told me that. He saved my life, gave me my bat, my first meal...everything." Devin was confused. Could he trust these people? Could he forget what Savior had taught him?

"Listen." He began. "I'm a runner. I go out, collect supplies, information, etc. I may go out alone, but I always have friends back home. They have saved me just as many times as I've saved them. Sure, a few of them have died, but it was inevitable. They sealed their own fates by crossing me. I'm not going into details on what happened, but let's just say they damn near got me eaten alive." Marcus said before opening his water bottle and taking a drink. "The point is, there are true friends and allies, and then there are those who have no objection to killing another human, even if they saved their life, just to get what they want."

"Let me think it out. I'm still trying to recover from my spaz attack. By the way I noticed your torch is a little used." Turned his attention to the young man lounging on the couch. "I could give you a new one, if you could give me your name."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back