• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Apartment Block RP

sleepys

apartment-buildings-in-new-york-city.jpg
Hello all

I'm looking to do a slice of life about some lower-class living where everyone would play a family living an one apartment block. The walls are thin, and you're all living in one another's space. The rent must be paid on time you're on the streets. I liked the idea that everyone would play multiple characters that live in the same apartment. For eg you could control a mum/dad/children, or a couple of roommates ect. The apartment block would be located in a downtown area of a big city. So I'm thinking red light district, lots of nightlife every weekend. Drugs, alcohol ect. The ultimate goal for some might be to get out of there for their kids, others might be stuck in there ways, not willing to work hard. Either way the story could go many ways.

Who's interested?

character page link

Last edited:
This seems like it shall be very interesting. I've got a few ideas, but can't decide which one to go with right now, lol.

I still can't decide which idea to go with yet, lol. There's too many. There's:
- Roommates who can't stand each other
- Poly relationship/"throuple" (I have no clue how to spell that)
- Gay couple
- Gay couple plus the ex of one the pair
- Gay couple plus ex plus kid of the ex.

Which one sounds best? Of all the ideas, I think either the roommate one or the poly relationship one, but I cannot decide.

I think I've settled on a young Japanese couple. I like the idea of this super stoic Japanese guy who's actually pretty chill once you know him, and actually really likes America now that he's here.

I still can't decide which idea to go with yet, lol. There's too many. There's:
- Roommates who can't stand each other
- Poly relationship/"throuple" (I have no clue how to spell that)
- Gay couple
- Gay couple plus the ex of one the pair
- Gay couple plus ex plus kid of the ex.

Which one sounds best? Of all the ideas, I think either the roommate one or the poly relationship one, but I cannot decide.
Oooh I like the idea of the roommates who can’t stand each other. Keeping the whole block up arguing about who ate their snacks or something xD

of course it’s up to you completely!

I think I've settled on a young Japanese couple. I like the idea of this super stoic Japanese guy who's actually pretty chill once you know him, and actually really likes America now that he's here.
I like that. Everyone thinks he’s a bit of a cold person but he’s actually sweet haha. Will there be a language barrier? Did they move recently?

I like that. Everyone thinks he’s a bit of a cold person but he’s actually sweet haha. Will there be a language barrier? Did they move recently?
I like the idea that they're both fluent in English, but he's so quiet that a lot of people assume they don't speak English. I'd say they've only recently moved in, however.

Oooh I like the idea of the roommates who can’t stand each other. Keeping the whole block up arguing about who are their snacks of something xD

of course it’s up to you completely!

Hm... I just had an awesome idea. I was gonna say how about I have two apartments so I can have both of my favorite ideas, but I had a better idea.

I think! That the people in the poly relationship share an apartment with another person, but one of them can't stand the other person, lol. The other two are completely fine with them, but the third is always arguing with them, lol.

Hm... I just had an awesome idea. I was gonna say how about I have two apartments so I can have both of my favorite ideas, but I had a better idea.

I think! That the people in the poly relationship share an apartment with another person, but one of them can't stand the other person, lol. The other two are completely fine with them, but the third is always arguing with them, lol.
Go for it :)

Btw this sounds like most of my adult life, but I’ve spent so much time filling in the gaps where I can’t quite hear every word through the walls that I am totally ready to write the shit out of it

I'm very interested, seems like a really cool idea!

Definitely gonna make two guys with widely different personalities but still really good friends - a complete hopeless flirt, and a more down to earth, sweet guy. Unless that's already been made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back