Chitchat Anyone care to chat?

Sethos

Princeling
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Jacksonville-Cafes.jpg

coffee_cafe_divider__f2u__by_heirl00m_dbvlm5x-fullview.png

Hey there.

I'm Sethos and I've just recently jumped onto these forums, so I'm looking to make some friends while I figure out what to do with my Roleplaying. I figured that there may be some other lonely/bored souls such as myself out there, so I thought to myself, "Why not look for some of them?" Hence the creation of this thread. A little about me is that I'm around my mid-twenties, live in the northeastern United States with my older sister, and am currently pursuing my first bachelor's degree (RIP me, Premed is rough). I've been Roleplaying since about 2009, but all of my Roleplays are pretty dead at the moment, as all of my Roleplay partners are either busy or MIA altogether. It's kind of been a lonely January for me, which I imagine will drip over into February, which is why I dropped onto RPNation in hopes of finding new Roleplay partners. But that's enough rambling from me.

I'd love to meet some of the folks here, so feel free to drop in to say hi, say how your day was, rant, vent, talk about your OCs, talk about your ideas, or share animal pictures.

Just to get some conversation flowing, I'll drop some (optional) icebreakers too:
  • Do you have any pets?
  • What is your favorite beverage?
  • What language(s) do you speak?
  • What music do you normally enjoy?
  • Do you collect anything? If so, what?
  • What is your go-to song for karaoke?
  • What are your favorite sport team(s)?
  • What's your favorite book of all time?
  • Do you have a favorite YouTuber/streamer?
  • What are you currently watching, reading, and/or playing?
  • Drop two truths and a lie, but let other players guess what the lie is!
  • You're stuck on an abandoned island, what three items do you bring with you and why?

This thread now has a Discord that you can find here.
dbeok1b-6d4d8ac9-506b-40ec-a9f1-bf8f949b9602.gif

Last edited:
Hello again! I am here to be social on this interesting night where water rushed into my building and left me as an insomniac, plus you seemed to be a swell person to chat with. So, without further ado, let the icebreakers commence!

Favourite music is complicated for various reasons, but electronica, classical, shanty, and space rock are good go-tos. Space shanty, though? Musical perfection.

I am currently reading Inkspell, sequel to Inkheart, and playing Paper Mario: Origami King which is admittedly one of the best Mario games I played to date. I am also watching an old haunt I adore called Gundam W (Wing).

If stranded on an island, I would bring a knife, a life straw, and The Brothers Karamazov. Great book, great coconut opener, and good water sips.

More maybe later. =)

Hello again! I am here to be social on this interesting night where water rushed into my building and left me as an insomniac, plus you seemed to be a swell person to chat with. So, without further ado, let the icebreakers commence!

Favourite music is complicated for various reasons, but electronica, classical, shanty, and space rock are good go-tos. Space shanty, though? Musical perfection.

I am currently reading Inkspell, sequel to Inkheart, and playing Paper Mario: Origami King which is admittedly one of the best Mario games I played to date. I am also watching an old haunt I adore called Gundam W (Wing).

If stranded on an island, I would bring a knife, a life straw, and The Brothers Karamazov. Great book, great coconut opener, and good water sips.

More maybe later. =)
elcome in, Thanny. Good to see you again, my friend. A good friend of mine is actually reading Inkspell. I take it that you're a fan of fantasy?

Oh, huge fan, yes. I have read Tolkien's five main books three times minimum each and have a good library of other fine choices. It is cool that Inkspell is making its rounds, as I thought the lovely series as a dead fandom. Sweet! Also, thanks for the welcome. I brought unhealthy snacks and some cheese and crackers to share.

Oh, huge fan, yes. I have read Tolkien's five main books three times minimum each and have a good library of other fine choices. It is cool that Inkspell is making its rounds, as I thought the lovely series as a dead fandom. Sweet! Also, thanks for the welcome. I brought unhealthy snacks and some cheese and crackers to share.
Excellent. What's your go-to snack? I'm perpetually torn between baby carrots and popcorn myself.

Last edited:
Ooh, good choices, both. Being a kid at heart (in my thirties at the present), I am loath to say Goldfish crackers are a main love, so I will follow up with popcorn as well and a healthy dose of almonds to munch on. They go well with pretty much anything, in my opinion.

How far are you in your Bachelor's? I do not know too much of premed, but I heard it is rough in comparison to other fields.

Ooh, good choices, both. Being a kid at heart (in my thirties at the present), I am loath to say Goldfish crackers are a main love, so I will follow up with popcorn as well and a healthy dose of almonds to munch on. They go well with pretty much anything, in my opinion.

How far are you in your Bachelor's? I do not know too much of premed, but I heard it is rough in comparison to other fields.
Everyone is a kid at heart if they want to be. We all may be complaining of lower back pain, but the magic only dies when we let it. That said. . I've never liked Goldfish anyway.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm actually only a Sophomore, but that's because I'm a former dropout that decided to return late. It's not too bad yet, but I'm mostly belly-aching because I'm playing catch-up at the moment. All of my classes are also online due to a sudden move which is hell equal for anxiety and ADHD. Equally worse is that four are math classes, one is a science, and another is a mandatory elective.

I'll survive though. The biggest struggle, I think, is remembering kindness to myself.

Ah, amen to that. I intend to be an old fart that takes life with him till he falls, and even then has a gossamer hair from life in hand. Life is to be a joy, so I intend to spread a bit of joy around me.

Online courses can be quite a struggle, for sure, especially with a move. I can sympathise and partially empathise with coupling all that with anxiety, but hang in there! A new friend is rooting for you!

Definitely be kind to yourself if you can help it. Burdened as you are, stress should be balanced with a good dallop of self-care.

Ah, amen to that. I intend to be an old fart that takes life with him till he falls, and even then has a gossamer hair from life in hand. Life is to be a joy, so I intend to spread a bit of joy around me.

Online courses can be quite a struggle, for sure, especially with a move. I can sympathise and partially empathise with coupling all that with anxiety, but hang in there! A new friend is rooting for you!

Definitely be kind to yourself if you can help it. Burdened as you are, stress should be balanced with a good dallop of self-care.
Thank you. I'm glad our paths crossed today. You seem like a kind person. Definitely someone I think I'd like to become friends. Maybe we can get some more mixes into the mold too. I might even build a Discord server if I feel ambitious enough and if there's demand for it.

And If homework doesn't crush me first.

It's almost 4 AM for me. How about you, fellow insomniac?

Heh, same. It is nice to meet a stranger I can click with, and if a Discord server comes into fruition I would love to be invited.

It is 4 AM here as well, and sadly I really need some sleep, so I should be off. Shall we talk later?

Heh, same. It is nice to meet a stranger I can click with, and if a Discord server comes into fruition I would love to be invited.

It is 4 AM here as well, and sadly I really need some sleep, so I should be off. Shall we talk later?
Sounds like a plan. My acid reflux is screaming bloody murder, so I best be finishing my lemon water and heading off for the night. Sleep well, yeah? We'll talk later!

And maybe get some new friends too.

For any newcomers (and Thanny, for when they awake): Welcome. Don't be shy. If you want to join us, feel free to contribute however you'd like! Or, maybe, another icebreaker to help:

What are you currently looking forward to?

Thank you for the well-wishes, and I hope your sleep has or will have been fair. Acid reflux needs a good kick in the butt, but lemon water sounds delicious.

Additional ice breaker content ahoy! Regarding things to look forward to, I am very much looking forward to the break of winter weather. As much as I love snow, I crave the warmth of a nice spring breeze. Beyond that, the remainder of Bleach's final season is of great interest.

Thank you for the well-wishes, and I hope your sleep has or will have been fair. Acid reflux needs a good kick in the butt, but lemon water sounds delicious.

Additional ice breaker content ahoy! Regarding things to look forward to, I am very much looking forward to the break of winter weather. As much as I love snow, I crave the warmth of a nice spring breeze. Beyond that, the remainder of Bleach's final season is of great interest.
I'm the exact opposite! I was actually living in the southern United States until January, then I moved back north. I've missed the winter weather so much.

Nice! I cannot fault you there, and am glad you are experiencing winter weather again. Having lived in the South was a fun experience for me, but now I understand what you mean by a sudden move.

Nice! I cannot fault you there, and am glad you are experiencing winter weather again. Having lived in the South was a fun experience for me, but now I understand what you mean by a sudden move.
I couldn't stand it. All I can say is that I was born with ice in my veins, so I'm rather glad being northbound again. As for the move, though, yes! I decided to move north during the first week of January. It was a last minute decision, made within three days, so it was quite surprising to everyone in my life when I seemingly teleported back up here. Very sudden.

*whistles*, that is certainly quite sudden! With the enjoyment of winter, though, I declare that this was the right move. Get it? You know with the--never mind. Regardless, many kudos to you for uprooting yourself in favour of something that is greater for you or for others. As someone who did some teleporting myself, though admittedly with a bit more contemplation, I applaud this.

Better for me, yes. I was living in some not-so-great circumstances beforehand. Now I'm able to focus much more on schoolwork and finding a part time job, even if online classes are rough. The entire day has flown by from doing assignments though. Again. Thinking about making dinner soon. What's on the menu for you all tonight?

West African stew was on the menu for us, a delicious dish of sweet potatoes, black beans, and cubed chicken breast in a sauce with peanut butter and tomato. I can happily say that it is a delicious meal unique in its composition, but thoroughly enjoyable even as leftovers.

I am glad that things are going well for you! What fun stuff do you do now, or did you do before the move? You seem to have the makings of a writer if just basing off of word choice and grammar. Are there any TV shows that currently catch your interest? Also, for an off-the-wall topic, would you ever consider naming a pet mythical creature of any kind Charlotte?

West African stew was on the menu for us, a delicious dish of sweet potatoes, black beans, and cubed chicken breast in a sauce with peanut butter and tomato. I can happily say that it is a delicious meal unique in its composition, but thoroughly enjoyable even as leftovers.

I am glad that things are going well for you! What fun stuff do you do now, or did you do before the move? You seem to have the makings of a writer if just basing off of word choice and grammar. Are there any TV shows that currently catch your interest? Also, for an off-the-wall topic, would you ever consider naming a pet mythical creature of any kind Charlotte?
Thank you.

What do I enjoy? Well, I enjoyed going for nightly runs during the move, but it's a little too cold here now. Roleplaying, too, but all of my Roleplay partners are too busy with life or MIA in general. I haven't had a response since December, I'm afraid. Nowadays, I still indulge my other hobbies, which are mostly playing fighting games, doing homework, and listening to YouTube videos like podcasts while I clean. Cleaning and homework probably sounds pretty boring as hobbies, but I have severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, so it can be weirdly relaxing for me.

As for television. . Not much of a watcher, but my sister and I watch while eating dinner or cooking. On nights when I have the apartment, we've been watching Mystery Incorporated. On nights when she's home, it's Community. We recently finished Schitt's Creek and Ghosts, both of which I really liked as well. What about you? Much of a watcher of anything?

And yes, I'd use the name Charlotte for a mythical creature. Charlie for short.

Greetings, Yeon Yeon . I saw that you're another new user who happened to like the first post. Would you like to chat with us?

Hello, yes although I don't know where to start, you could say I was lurking. That stew sounds delicious by the way Thanks, though skeptical of peanut butter and tomato together, isn't something I would be above trying!

Also I must use your words as a quote in the future. "We all may be complaining of lower back pain, but the magic only dies when we let it."

I'm looking forward to taking off with a group I can click well with, other writers in general. Right now I am making a character for a group and sort of throwing a ball at a wall on ideas I have for a group rp in the future maybe, but it's just me building a world at the moment. Nothing too exciting for anyone but me.

I have a strange sleep schedule, I sleep two times a day for a shorter period of time. Some people say that's healthier but I don't know, it's just the way my body and mind roll.

I enjoy fantasy the most and original characters. I started playing genshin impact a couple days ago.

Are there any roleplays you are interested in or looking at? I thinks it's cool that a fellow new member is opening up a space and time to chat.

I had a feeling. That's why I directly tagged you. Apologies if that spooked you, by the way. Sometimes, it works best to push some into the deep end to see what happens. Nonetheless, it's nice to meet you and I'd like to formally welcome you! And, on the contrary, I think it's quite exciting to hear that you've already got a Roleplay that captured your attention. Nothing has personally stood out to me yet, but I do have some ideas of my own rolling around in my head. Maybe I'll throw some of them up and see which sticks.

I take that you're primarily a group writer?

And a fan of Genshin Impact, I presume.

(Tagging Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat who I also see lurking as well, if you'd like to join as well. No worries if not though!)

Lurkers. Lurkers everywhere.
1675999354591.png

I appreciate a good lurk every now and again. Nice to meet you, Yeon (and Kaiju if wanting to give voice). =)

The stew is really good, best on a bed of rice. Peanut butter is definitely an odd twist to it, but it gives a certain pleasant taste and smell to it I never would have considered otherwise.

Nightly runs sound awesome. I enjoy walks at night, but never run for fear of the wolves, the Jersey Devil, or Bigfoot considering me a midnight snack. I have only touched a single podcast so far, to be honest, called Welcome to Night Vale, an amazing one introduced to me by my cousin described earlier.

I am not much of a watcher, to be frank, and I have often found myself getting left behind by popular media. Still, I have my likes, and it usually ends up being niche (randoms being like I-Man, Dragon Prince, Legend of Sleepy Hollow), select anime and cartoons (e.g., Fate: Apocrypha, Gundam Wing, Samurai Jack, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Yin Yang Yo), and some very interesting thrillers (Heroes, Helix Season 1, Alphas, FlashForward, Fringe). Your choices sound pretty great, in my opinion. I hear a lot about some of them, but I do not think I have ever seen any of your choices.

I am curious now about your roleplay idea, Yeon. I've a few rattling inside my skull, but no way to weave them into coherent words yet. That, and I am unsure if I want to loot too much creativity away from my personal writing projects.

Not exactly since I am just starting, I don't want to call myself a fan just yet (although I did already put money into the game, but it was a good deal in my eyes). I did just start, the characters and story interest me, I'm not really into the 'shipping' side of things though. My sister has played and convinced me to try it out since it's free (and yelled at me about spending money on it 🤣).

At the moment I think so. I'm used to only writing between me and my sister, so I was kind of excited to try my hand with other people. Writing 1x1 with strangers seems, it may sound strange, intimate. The group I am looking at is application based so we or I will see if I get in. I am hoping to see more up my alley though, I'm both ready to write and feeling a little below league of others here. 🍑

I'm trying to answer your ice breakers as the answers come to me, but I think my favorite shows that I recall are Samurai Jack, Castlevania, and Avatar the Last Airbender- oh, and Vox Machina! I did like the Dragon Prince but this latest season felt disjointed and left me kind of befuddled with it. I also really enjoyed Voltron: Legendary Defender but I stayed away from the fandom, community around it otherwise it was not enjoyable. But me and my friend watched it together, I miss her a lot, she moved out of the country a couple years ago.

It's hard for me to name a favorite book of all time. I enjoyed reading the Percy Jackson books which are now super popular I guess, I fell out of them though after Heroes of Olympus, The Skulduggery Pleasant series (though that series too I left unfinished), The Hunger Games, and few other series and books that are probably obscure and, or I don't remember the titles of.

I enjoy a lot of different music so this is hard for me to pick and I think it just depends on my mood, but I think mostly pop and rock make up my like songs. There's also a lot of which I don't know what genre you would categorize them in.

I don't know if I have a favorite, I have a palette of people I like for their personality and the ay they react to things but it also depends on their content. Not everything even my most liked Youtubers make can hold my attention. I think the most enjoyable series were "Heave Ho" and "GTFO" with Bob, Wade, Jack, and Mark. A lot of laughs and sure to cure your most sour mood.

Sadly I only speak English, I used to be decent and developing my Spanish but after not practicing or using it for so long I have squandered it- there aren't a lot of people that speak it in my community or are willing to speak and learn with me, though this may just be me making an excuse for myself. I want to be multilingual one day, but :closedeyescryingfrown: I can't roll my R's.

Coffee. Coffee is everything. Well, for some people, it's tea- and tat's ok too. I love Oolong (I don't know if that's the right spelling) tea. My mother got my dad a Teavana thing with different teas when he was on his tea kick, and he ended up falling out of, so her and I just kept making tea- it was the best.

-Editing/Adding on- I'm a bit in the same boat as you. part of me wants to start making a story out of it, but it could be just so much more fun if others become interested and really wanna stick around and have fun with it too. But also, the execution, can I do it? We'll see. 😅

Jacksonville-Cafes.jpg

coffee_cafe_divider__f2u__by_heirl00m_dbvlm5x-fullview.png

Hey there.

I'm Sethos and I've just recently jumped onto these forums, so I'm looking to make some friends while I figure out what to do with my Roleplaying. I figured that there may be some other lonely/bored souls such as myself out there, so I thought to myself, "Why not look for some of them?" Hence the creation of this thread. A little about me is that I'm around my mid-twenties, live in the northeastern United States with my older sister, and am currently pursuing my first bachelor's degree (RIP me, Premed is rough). I've been Roleplaying since about 2009, but all of my Roleplays are pretty dead at the moment, as all of my Roleplay partners are either busy or MIA altogether. It's kind of been a lonely January for me, which I imagine will drip over into February, which is why I dropped onto RPNation in hopes of finding new Roleplay partners. But that's enough rambling from me.

I'd love to meet some of the folks here, so feel free to drop in to say hi, say how your day was, rant, vent, talk about your OCs, talk about your ideas, or share animal pictures.

Just to get some conversation flowing, I'll drop some (optional) icebreakers too:
  • Do you have any pets?
  • What is your favorite beverage?
  • What language(s) do you speak?
  • What music do you normally enjoy?
  • Do you collect anything? If so, what?
  • What is your go-to song for karaoke?
  • What are your favorite sport team(s)?
  • What's your favorite book of all time?
  • Do you have a favorite YouTuber/streamer?
  • What are you currently watching, reading, and/or playing?
  • Drop two truths and a lie, but let other players guess what the lie is!
  • You're stuck on an abandoned island, what three items do you bring with you and why?
dbeok1b-6d4d8ac9-506b-40ec-a9f1-bf8f949b9602.gif
I have two Siberian Cats they’re both lovely boys. My pfp is one of them his name is Gus Gus we call him gg for short. The younger is a ginger boy named Miso.

My favorite beverage(s) are coffee I like my coffee with cinnamon roll creamer. You can’t go wrong with tea though I like my tea with no sugar. My go to teas are black, herbal, and chamomile.

I speak English and Arabic :))

I like all songs of different eras so I can’t really choose anything, but if I have to pick. It’s arranged music of video games.

I don’t collect anything as of right now! Though I want to collect Funko Pops!

Eh.. I don’t have a favorite sports team I’m not much of a sports person.

My favorite book seriesis the Dragon Lance series. It’s a good one.

I don’t have a favorite YouTuber or streamer..
so I can’t say much.

I’m currently bingeing One Piece and Naruto. I’m on Whole Cake Island Arc, it’s my own determination to catch up, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back