Chitchat Any "Unusual" Pet Owners?

GoliathusRegius

Not a ghoul, nothing to see here
Unusual being anything other than a cat or dog. 

Personally, I have parakeets, gerbils, rats, a bearded dragon, wolf spiders, and a poison dart frog. 

So, tell me all about your cuties, ask about mine, or just talk about exotic pets in general. (And by that I mean please please ask me about my pets I love talking about them)

Aah, I love chickens. <3 Chickens are the best. And if you want more exotic than that, then horses. Even more exotic? Alpacas. :D  

Aah, I love chickens! I had a few chicks as babies, but I gave them to my aunt when they got big (My neighborhood doesn't let us have chickens :'( )

Alpacas sound so cool :o How many do you have?

Got two adopted lab rats from the local campus psychology department, also used to own two sugar gliders, and once had a pet deer. Yes, a pet deer.

Well, a dusky conure, albino cockatiel, and turtles! I unfortunately don't have em anymore, but they were great!

I used to have several reptiles and amphibians when I was younger. I had a leopard gecko for 10 years! 

Also asking about your pets @GoliathusRegius what do you feed your wolf spiders and poison dart frog? And why do you keep wolf spiders, as opposed to some other type of spider?

I'm the proud parent of two little Axolotls! They are the cutest things on the planet- and both of them have such different personalities!

And oh my gosh... all of these animals sound amazing. I'm really jealous of you guys. If I could house more animals then I surely would! 

I used to have several reptiles and amphibians when I was younger. I had a leopard gecko for 10 years! 

Also asking about your pets @GoliathusRegius what do you feed your wolf spiders and poison dart frog? And why do you keep wolf spiders, as opposed to some other type of spider?

I feed the wolf spiders cockroaches (I buy them for my bearded dragon) and the poison dart frog eats pinhead crickets.  Fun fact, he's not actually poisonous, because dart frog's poison comes from their diet in the wild.

Well, I found a wolf spider in my house, and decided to keep her for a few days, but then she laid an egg sac, so I kept a few of the babies and let the rest go. It was a pretty cool experience.

I feed the wolf spiders cockroaches (I buy them for my bearded dragon) and the poison dart frog eats pinhead crickets.  Fun fact, he's not actually poisonous, because dart frog's poison comes from their diet in the wild.

Well, I found a wolf spider in my house, and decided to keep her for a few days, but then she laid an egg sac, so I kept a few of the babies and let the rest go. It was a pretty cool experience.

Oh gosh, I can't decide if it's gross that they eat roaches or good that more roaches are leaving this earth... x.x

I kind of find spiders both creepy and cool, though I can't say I've ever taken an interest in wolf spiders really. So that's an interesting story~ Thanks!

Ah yes, I knew someone who fed their poison dart frogs fruit flies and said the same thing about them only being poisonous because of diet. I'm glad to know it's confirmed! I think frogs are adorable in general, and poison dart frogs are just so pretty!

Aww, that sounds adorable! I've always wanted a hedgehog, but I can't find any breeders in my area. I'll just have to keep hoping the rescue I work at will get one in one day.

I got lucky- there's a local family-owned exotics shop nearby that breeds hedgehogs.

I have one of those too, but sadly they never have hedgehogs. I am saving up to buy a legless lizard there, though.

What kind of turtles do you have? I had a red eared slider when I was a kid, I love turtles so much.

Nice! They had sugar gliders in not too long ago... I wanted one so bad T.T But, they're a little too labor intensive right now.

Well, other than a dog I have two betta fish, three hermit crabs, a guinea pig, and a hamster. 

I only recently got the hamster, but we've had all the others for a while. One of the betta fish is rather bratty when it comes to food and will flare at me if I give him the kind that he doesn't like. 

Oh boy where do I begin? Well I currently have a rabbit and two budgies some dogs and cats. Aside from that I use to have a pet Owl believe it or not. It did not fly though, its wings were clipped. It was beautiful. I also use to have two jack rabbits as well as two droves. That's as odd as it gets. Unless I manage to get something else.

Oh boy where do I begin? Well I currently have a rabbit and two budgies some dogs and cats. Aside from that I use to have a pet Owl believe it or not. It did not fly though, its wings were clipped. It was beautiful. I also use to have two jack rabbits as well as two droves. That's as odd as it gets. Unless I manage to get something else.

Aww I love budgies. My two are great, although one can only say her name, and the other doesn't know any words at all.

How'd you get a pet owl? I don't think I've heard of that as a pet before. And what kind of owl was it?

Aww I love budgies. My two are great, although one can only say her name, and the other doesn't know any words at all.

How'd you get a pet owl? I don't think I've heard of that as a pet before. And what kind of owl was it?

Budgies can speak? I knew it. xD and awe I love budgies too. They being music to the house. Unfortunately I lost one and replaced the female with another. Dunno what happened. Probably got sick so suddenly. 

It was a brown owl. I live in the country and my father and cousin work in the orchards. One day my cousin brought me an injured Owl which I took great care and tried teaching it to fly. Sadly I found out it couldn't fly at all. To this day there is an owl outside my yard xD its not hard to get one here.

Budgies can speak? I knew it. xD and awe I love budgies too. They being music to the house. Unfortunately I lost one and replaced the female with another. Dunno what happened. Probably got sick so suddenly. 

It was a brown owl. I live in the country and my father and cousin work in the orchards. One day my cousin brought me an injured Owl which I took great care and tried teaching it to fly. Sadly I found out it couldn't fly at all. To this day there is an owl outside my yard xD its not hard to get one here.

Yeah, only problem is they speak reallly fast, so you have to say any words you want them to say slowly.

Ooh, I took in a pair of baby squirrels once, not that uncommon, but they were adorable. I was there when they opened their eyes for the first time :D They lived in my backyard for a while, but either they passed away or moved to a new place. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back