• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Any Late-Nighters out there?

MrMopp

Two Thousand Club
You know what sucks about being 23,  on a school night, in the pacific time zone?   By the time you get time to get online (say that five times fast), everyone's already gone to bed. 

Tell me about it.  I have chronic insomnia and a messed up sleep schedule because of it, so whenever I'm up and ready to write nobody else is on.

I am a semi-late nighter, as you can see. It is 2:30 a.m. here currently. I'm into Medieval, with a bit of fantasy, some historical too, and I do a few other genres and fandoms. I can pretty consistently write 2 paragraphs, possibly 3.

I end up staying awake all late night into early morning hours and I'm all ready to roleplay but no one is available!  Can I RP with you MrMopp?

I'm a late nighter myself with the same issue :(

@ImperfectTears im still waiting for your reply - i wanna roleplay with you unless you are having second thoughts.

@LadyAria Oh shit I forgot.  I'm sorry!  I'll be free in 90 minutes.  I have a psychiatrist appointment in thirty minutes that I have to get ready for.

@ImperfectTears its okay i just thought you were having second thoughts xc feel free to post when you are back xp - i could really Ue responces xD

I am a semi-late nighter, as you can see. It is 2:30 a.m. here currently. I'm into Medieval, with a bit of fantasy, some historical too, and I do a few other genres and fandoms. I can pretty consistently write 2 paragraphs, possibly 3.

I generaly do medieval fantasy, and I like things to do with traditional folklore and animals. 

I end up staying awake all late night into early morning hours and I'm all ready to roleplay but no one is available!  Can I RP with you MrMopp?

Sure! What do you like?

You know what sucks about being 23,  on a school night, in the pacific time zone?   By the time you get time to get online (say that five times fast), everyone's already gone to bed. 

What kind of roleplays you looking for? :)

What kind of roleplays you looking for? :)

In short, I'm looking for a fantasy adventure. One where one player sets up the world and the plot and the other plays the role of the main character. If I run it, I can set up with a world with lots of interesting people, races, creatures, places, and a prevalent but flexible central plot. If I'm playing in your game, I'd like to experience something different. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@MrMopp I would love to do a medieval RP with you.  It's my favorite type actually. And I really like your "Cousin It" icon!

@LadyAria I'll be logging on my computer soon.  So my characters will be posted shortly.

@ImperfectTears well alright - i just woke up to this msg 8hrs ago... you ok? xD

@MrMopphmm i can agree on fantasy and all - never been good at a DM kind of role for myself however

@MrMopp I would love to do a medieval RP with you.  It's my favorite type actually. And I really like your "Cousin It" icon!

@LadyAria I'll be logging on my computer soon.  So my characters will be posted shortly.

Thank you!

@ImperfectTears well alright - i just woke up to this msg 8hrs ago... you ok? xD

@MrMopphmm i can agree on fantasy and all - never been good at a DM kind of role for myself however

That's alright, I could take the reigns.

Aright so I wasn't expecting this many people to respond, so how about this; @ImperfectTears, @LadyAria, @Shadow Shifter, @Alex Phalin,  what if we did a group game?

What is folklore?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know what folklore is.  I just didn't know what sort of folklore you were talking about.

Ahhhhhhh. Sorry.

All sorts of folklore, really. Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Native American, Lots of Celtic, a little of everything. Honestly I've found that I lean towards animal and fairy folklore the most.

When I use traditional folklore in my creative stuff, I realy and try to figure out what part of the human psyche these storys sprung from so I can give them the right kind of "magic".  This leads me to change things up or whittle them down to  specific aspect (time and cultural mingling can twist stories to the point where the original meaning/inspiration is lost),  but I'm not afraid to leave the more modern popular counterparts alone.  Plus, I have an imagination of my own, and I'm going to use it. 

Aright! Here's what I think we should do: everyone interested, go ahead and post a character sheet (could be a new one but I would recommend something you've already written) and be prepaired to make a few changes to it. No angels, demons,  or wizards, please. Your character can have one or two powers though. 

After I look at you're characters (background, personality, race,) and I get out how to fit the world around them, I'll start them off in a forest, meeting each other in different spots and eventually meeting up at a cave to take shelter. I have a plot in mind, but I ain't telling.  

This is going to be an almost DnD-ish sort of world, so you can play Humans and dwarves and gnomes and stuff. You can also play things like minotaurs, centaurs, gnoles, tinker-bell fairies, animal shape shifters, talking animals, plant based races, intelligent constructs, etc, etc, but Kitsune, Dragons and especially Naga we're going to have to talk about. Magic however, is going to be a little more LOTR or Narnia like, so I would NOT recomend using it. But like I said, I'll allow for people to have specific, natural powers. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back