• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Another Day In Paradise || A SOL RP

tamarapasek

Paradise
another day in
... scroll up
Another day in

paradise

Ah, the Golden State. Shining lights, gorgeous beaches, endless summer. What's not to love about California? It's home to countless famous landmarks, natural wonders, and fun attractions. From the glitz of Los Angeles to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, the entire state would see its fair share of tourists over the years. Except for that one tiny, unremarkable town that you'd zip right past on your way to somewhere more interesting. That town was called Paradise, California.

Situated right on the Pacific coast, Paradise had, for better or for worse, remained largely untouched by tourists. Of course there were always a few drifters passing through, but it never quite reached the levels of notoriety as other California locales. And that was fine by its citizens. No, the sleepy little town was perfectly content to remain off the map, nicely funded by a lucrative fishing industry instead of tourism. This was a tight-knit community, one that generally looked out for one another, and had no desire to cater to hoity toity outsiders.

Enter, the Hollywood jackasses.

Turns out, some producers were in a bit of a pickle. Production on a new teen drama series was slated to begin, and their perfect location fell through at the last minute. In any other case, it might've been possible to make do with filming in a studio, but it was too damn late. Every second page in the script demanded someone go sailing, or build a sandcastle, or some other beachy bullshit. An adorably quaint coastal village was needed, and stat.

Luckily(?), they managed to cut a deal with the town's new mayor, Monica Lowes. She didn't share the general consensus on outsiders, and was more than happy to thrust Paradise into the spotlight. Needless to say, this news did not go down well with the locals; most of them actively hated the idea. Their quiet, peaceful way of life was about to be ruined by a bunch of primadonnas? Talk about hell on earth.

lore ...
scroll
the setting
This is a slice of life roleplay that will take place in the fictional town of Paradise, California. Our small, seaside fishing village is now the filming location for Harbor, a new teen drama ala Dawson's Creek about a group of teens growing up, finding their way, and of course having an insane amount of drama.
the cast
Characters can be any age, although 13+ would probably work best for most of the in-character action and general subject matter. Paradise townies from all walks of life are welcome, or feel free to play one of our outsiders from the Icebound cast and crew!
expectactions
We're going for a sandbox style SOL RP, and we need mature, active, and experienced writers to help us bring it to life!
rules ...
Realistic faceclaims only, please.
Absolutely no bullying or bigotry will be tolerated. Diverse and LGBT characters are very much welcome!
If you prefer to avoid references to drug use, drinking, strong language, and other mature themes then this roleplay is not for you. Likewise, when dark topics inevitably arise, they are to be handled sensitively and appropriately. All RPN rules apply here.
This is a literary group, absolutely no one-liners in official posts. Please have at least 2-3 paragraphs, including decent grammar.
We ask that you comment on this thread to express your interest, and we'll send you a Discord link. Only join if you are comfortable with using Discord. The RP itself will be hosted here on RPN, but all of our community discussions, planning, and plotting will take place on Discord. For this reason, Discord is mandatory.
Make sure plots involving another roleplayer's OC are consented to by both parties.

A SLICE OF LIFE ROLEPLAY
© reveriee

Hey all. I’m interested. This will potentially be my first group forum RP. I notice the discord link has expired.

It's been quite a while, I see. But but. Could I still join? 🙈

I've been doing mostly 1x1 rp these past 2 years but I really miss group rps. My struggle with them is that I get fixated, add a lot of characters, then get burnt out and end up leaving. But I really, really wanna try again. I'll also bring only one character so maybe that helps haha

But if despite this all I'm allowed to join, yay! If not, no hard feelings

NOW RECRUITING:
all the sexy people of RPN

JUI6Nx2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back