• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Another band RP?

Genres? (add choices by responding to the thread)

• freebird joke here lmao

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • experimental

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • like maybe some 2000's pop-punk

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • some form of alternative or other

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

azenva

never ask me for anything ever again
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
First thread here, but not my first RP.

I would very much like to start a band RP. this post is meant to see if anyone else is, and so I can pin down the basics of the band (cant write much without the important parts of the band like their name and genre) and setting (formation, after their first hit, on a tour, playing small shows, etc.). i don't want to rush ahead and immediately do something, although if no one steps up and gives some names or genres they want, i’ll just pull something out of a hat.

I need at least three participants, and I'll make a PC, 1x1 is boring imo. I'm fine with romance as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual music part of the RP, and if it can be a source of inspiration for say, lyrics (cover only bands usually dont succeed and i will admit im more a instrument guy rather than a lyricist).

if this gets attention i'll set up a poll for genres and names

hurrah, we have two people out of at least 4 that we need, plus two people gave the post a like, so they might be wanting to join, who knows

a drummer was needed, yes. now we need a vocalist, a bassist, maybe another guitarist and a keyboardist or some wacky instrument like a trumpet, violin, or otamatone, unless someone else wants guitar because i realized i dont play the bass and also i know very little about the bass

Last edited:
im sooooo the bassist thats what i play in real life

coolio, now i can play an instrument i can actually play irl

May I be a vocalist? I'm fine being in the background.

no one else has asked so sure

also, does anybody else have other genres they'd like to add to the genre list?

Wacky instrument you say? How does a mouth organ sound?
If not I can do lyrics sort of well.
(Harmonica for the uncultured)

Wacky instrument you say? How does a mouth organ sound?
If not I can do lyrics sort of well.
(Harmonica for the uncultured)
ooh, a little pinch of flavoring. i guess if you want to play harmonica it's good. we have a vocalist, but we do need lyrics and maybe a male vocalist for when harmonica is unnecessary. i can write music decently at least

I find this a pretty interesting concept. I'm more of a lyricist myself, but I also like the idea of potentially being a male vocalist. As for other Genere's, I'm personally a fan of having a rap aspect mixed in, I think it works no matter the genre we end up picking and I specifically feel it'd go nicely with the 200's Pop-punk sound, kinda like a Linkin Park.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm super sorry but I don't know if I can do this after all. A lot of rps that were previously dorment have suddenly have popped back up and I don't think I can add this to that long list of rps. Sorry

so we've lost and gained a member. band location could be wherever, although i'd prefer to write it in my home state of california to also honor the birthplace of the original genre.
also hurrah a male vocalist, prepare for the duet parts and general idiosyncrasy of having two vocalists of differing genders, a potential rapper if i read the post correctly, and a fricking harmonica.
we do need a drummer now, and our potential bassist has gone into hibernation. Dumplingboy Dumplingboy are you still in?

Do we need things like secondary characters? hype men, someone who gets them gigs, things like that?

so we've lost and gained a member. band location could be wherever, although i'd prefer to write it in my home state of california to also honor the birthplace of the original genre.
also hurrah a male vocalist, prepare for the duet parts and general idiosyncrasy of having two vocalists of differing genders, a potential rapper if i read the post correctly, and a fricking harmonica.
we do need a drummer now, and our potential bassist has gone into hibernation. Dumplingboy Dumplingboy are you still in?
if being gone for 12 hours is consider hibernation for you i might not be the best person for this rp just saying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back