• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom And The Moon Only Laughs

NickNacks

Zoinks
Kiba finally came to a halt after what felt like an hour of walking. He was beginning to think he was lost, and more to the point, that sneaking off into the wilderness during the full moon hadn't been the greatest idea he'd ever had. It was early morning, and the mist had settled so thickly across the forest that he could barely see three feet in front of him, let along spot any landmarks. The only real assurance he had was that, firstly, the full moon was over and he was back to his old self again. Secondly, he was fully dressed, having managed to find his clothing following his transformation. And, third, it was morning, so eventually the mist would burn off and he'd be home free.

Sorta.

Thankfully, he managed to find the main road, and from there, it was a long walk back to the inner city where his apartment was. It was a dingy little place, reserved mostly for out of work wizards and other such unfortunates down on their luck. And Kiba was perpetually down on his luck. He'd been that way since the second he was born, and would probably stay that way until he died.

Werewolves had been declared as 'dangerous' since long before Kiba was born, with each newly born member of the species being carefully monitored by the local government. But that monitoring came at a steep price. Absolutely no one would hire you if you were a werewolf, so employment was out of the question. You usually would have to take medication that stopped you from transforming, which would mess you up pretty bad in the long run. So, nowadays, most werewolves were undocumented, trying their best to live quietly and avoid persecution.

Kiba was one of them.

His duffle bag was slung over one shoulder as he continued the walk, the woods eventually giving way to the neat, trimmed lawns of the suburbs. Kiba was aware that he probably looked like crap. His hair still had a few leaves and twigs stuck in it from the night before, and his pants had large holes ripped at each knee, probably unsalvageable unless he could get Hana to take a look at them. Clothes were the least of his worries. His canines had recently become a bit more prominent, and he was worried about them becoming more obvious-maybe people would just mistake him for a vampire and leave him alone.

He was about halfway through the outside neighborhood when a sudden scent caught his attention, making him stop in his tracks. It was clean and very distinct, like the odd combination of blackberries and white tea. But, beyond that, there was the distinct scent of iron.

Somebody was there.

His eyes narrowed, scanning the surrounding sidewalk. They might still be a ways off-his sense of smell was keen, and he often smelled people long before they actually were visible. But still, the risk of being seen wandering around the morning after a full moon...

Well. It wasn't ideal.

Hinata had gotten lost on her hunt for her pet rabbit that had escaped.It ran off into the woods and she followed it.She walked for what seemed like eternity until she felt eyes watching her.

Walking to where they eyes stared she poked her head out to see a young man with a wolf spirit attached to him meaning he was a werewolf.

Hinata smiled shyly as her voice was quiet,"excuse me but have you seen a small grey bunny around here?"She asks nervously.She hadnt noticed the small scrap on her cheek from a tree.

She stared at him before a small smile appeared on her lips.Her true sight was a unique thing in the world.She was a witch born with eyes that can see the truth of every person she met.Some liked to keep their privacy so she knew better than to spill their truths.

She had noticed her bunny hopping around the door of the house they were behind as she went to run to it to catch it but she tripped instead.She fell towards the grassy wet ground as her voice became a gasp and she waited for pain to come.

NickNacks NickNacks

There was something a little...Off about the person, even when she came further into view. Kiba decided it had less to do with her eyes, though the color was unusual, and more to do with how she looked at him.

He wasn't sure he liked being studied like that, as though she already knew everything there was to know about him.

His brow creased at her question. Rabbit? What kind of person brings a rabbit so far out of the way? Kiba shrugged before taking a deep breath, trying to avoid appearing like he was sniffing at the air. It wasn't very long before he caught the gamey, earthy scent of the creature.

"That way." He replied bluntly, jerking his head in the direction of the smell. Hopefully, that would be the end of the conversation, and he could go on his way.

That is, until he heard a distinct thud from a short distance behind him, causing him to turn back. It seemed the girl had dashed over to scoop the animal up, only to fall down onto the lawn of..Well, whoever owned the property. And just leaving her there would definetly make him look like a jerk. With a sigh, Kiba approached, holding a hand out to help the girl up.

"Be more careful. You okay?"

"Yes thank you."She says taking his hand to help herself off the ground.She went and scooped up her bunny before she looked over at him."its unusual to see a werewolf around these parts."She says quietly to her bunny unaware that he could hear her.

Her hand was oddly smaller than he thought it would be, but he dismissed that particular thought when it came. That was that. Time to keep walking and leave this girl to her rabbit-

It's unusual to see a werewolf around these parts.

Kiba froze, his heart turning to ice in his chest. How did she know? Did she just guess and was now trying to see if his reaction would confirm her suspicions? Had she been following him? What did she want-money, recognition? If she turned him in, he was certain a reward would be in her hands...

He struggled to keep his voice even as anxiety mounted. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Silly i can see it the wolf spirit attactched to you.Its strong and beautiful sometimes having my abilities is a blessing and a curse."Hinata says smiling as she looked at him.

"And your hungry and tired want to come to my home.I promise you will be okay nobody is home besides me.I can cook you some food and let you rest."She says blushing a bit.

There was a unique kind of fatigue that accompanied the full moon the next day, and Kiba had been feeling it ever since he'd first blinked his way into awareness that morning. It was as though his limbs were weighted and heavy. That being said, though, this girl was kind of freaking him out-wolf spirits? Abilities? And he'd never known anyone to refer to people like him as strong, much less beautiful. Clearly she had some kind of weird ability. No wonder her eyes had thrown him off.

"...What are you wanting out of it? Money? I don't have any," Kiba replied curtly, glancing over her. She seemed nice enough, but that was oftentimes a ruse covering up for something. He couldn't risk walking into a trap.

"Why would i need money my mother and father are the great truth seers and they always provide me with enough.Mother always said it is better to help those in need with no greed involved.I dont want anything honest besides to help."Hinata says.

She smiled and took his hand leading him to her large house.It looked as if she should be a spoiled rich kid but instead she was sweet and kind and a bit shy.She felt comfortable around her werewolf friend."my name is Hinata."She says smiling at him with her kindest smile.

Truth seers...Kiba's eyebrows raised, impressed despite himself. Those sorts were rare, and often highly sought after by all kinds of people to try and get better insight, either on themselves or on other people. Kiba had no real need for any of that, and though he was still reluctant to trust a person he'd just met, he had to admit hat he didn't really sense any malice from her.

He blinked when her hand slipped into his, as though it were a perfectly casual thing to do. Kiba didn't pull away, however, mostly because he was too stunned to do so. He glanced over at her, his expression now more curious than guarded. "...Kiba." he replied. She had a nice smile. That was probably a good sign.

Hinata brought him inside her home as she smiled."What would you like to eat?"She asks curiously.She let go of his hand blushing lightly at her own boldness.

She patiently waited for him to tell her what he would like to eat as she smiled.She put her bunny shino in his cage before she looked back at Kiba."I can make you anything you want."she says

He paused a moment as they entered the home. The whole thing looked like it would've been worth Kiba's tuition, had he been attending school in the first place. Damn...So she really was loaded. He guessed that wasn't unusual for a Seer. "Um...Anything's fine." he replied, unsure of where exactly he ought to be standing or sitting. He set his duffle bag down, rather cautiously. "I'm not picky." He removed his shoes near the entryway, figuring Hinata probably wouldn't want him tracking dirt through her house.

"So, uh...You live here alone? It's a pretty big place."

"Yes this is my home.My parents live in that large house next door.this is just a branch of the main house."She says as she went to the kitchen to make him some food.

"My parents gave this part to me because they worry for me."She says with a small sad tone but she shoom that thought out of her head.

"I get that. My mom calls me about ten times a day, too." Holy crap, this was just a section of the main house? No way was he going to get used to this...Kiba took very careful steps to follow her into the kitchen, figuring it would be a bit awkward for him to just sit in the living room by himself. Maybe it was talking with her, maybe it was being in such an expensive house, but he was beginning to feel a tad self-conscious. He knew he didn't look to be in the best of shape after running around all night, probably killing deer or something like that.

Hinata hummed a bit as she made him a ham,turkey,chicken,roast beef sandwich.She handed it over to him with a smile."Enjoy kiba-kun."She says cutely.

Hinata began to clean up her mess as she watched him to see if he liked the sandwich.

He was a tad surprised at the familiar suffix, but didn't think too much of it. After all, if she considered him a friend, who was he to complain? "Thanks, Hinata." he replied with a quick grin.

Within about less than a minute, the sandwich was gone. Kiba had always been something of a carnivore, even before the full extent of his nature had revealed itself, so the array of meat was pretty agreeable to him.

Hinata smiled as she watched him."was the sandwich good i can make you another one.Or perhaps you want to take a bath or sleep."She says looking at him as she took his plate to wash it.

She hummed quietly as she washed the dishes she used.She glanced at him and smiled."You could stay here if you want.I have an extra room and my parents are busy with their work so they barely visit."She says looking out the window shyly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back