• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ancient Order of Angels

Noel took the orders from Sidwy in stride, giving not a word in response, but a nod of acceptance instead. He chose to not move a muscle as the room's other two occupants left the room. In particular, the Centurion of Lust, Lilith, spurred his interest. She was planning something far outside the realm, so to speak, of the main objective. Whatever it was, it would only serve to make all Hell break loose, he thought. The moment someone (else) of equal or higher rank caught on, she would be under a microscope. It served no matter to Noel, however. His objective had now been clear. He closed his eyes to let his mind wander again, making a figurative psyche map of the city. It was in this fashion that he was able to communicate with the slew of spirits that had now arrived in the city, presumably by what humans knew as telepathy.

"Disperse throughout the city, disguised as human beings. Do with your time as you will, but the very moment you sense our objective, or any other unconventional matter, you know what to do."

As he gave this order, he sensed the suppressed power of third party nearby: It was Iris Vegner, the Centurion of Pride. Either she did not think much of his presence, or the sight of Lilith made her forget it, entirely. Noel could only shake his head. He did not necessarily dislike the other Centurions, but he vehemently loathed their flawed sense of unity. Despite only one Centurion holding the title, they, or at least those involved so far, were poisoned by their pride. The Chiefs were the same way. It was the reason Noel did not socialize with either demographic, especially in group settings. It was like talking to walls. Loud, cocky, violent, demonic walls. For now, while he did wonder what Iris was up to, it was outside his realm of care, and most of all: It was none of his business.

As Noel stepped outside, he exhaled deeply, creating a thin, white mist around him that would dissipate within seconds, leaving Noel with a more "modern" look. He'd now been dressed in formal wear: black slacks, white button-down shirt with an unbuttoned suit jacket over it. He'd felt out of place. Modern clothes (or modern
anything, for that matter) did not pique Noel's interest. If it were his choice, he'd walk the streets, donning his kimono and keeping his katana close to him. Unfortunately, this was not the Edo era, or Japan, so this was not an option. At least, it wasn't if he wanted to partake in the pseudo-espionage that would take up the vast majority of his next endeavor. Noel left the room and made his way down to the front lobby and passed the receptionist, who was now confused at never seeing him enter the building through the front door. Making his way outside, he was greeted with an interesting scene. In a matter of minutes, some poor soul had been carjacked by an attractive woman and then knocked out cold by another, the latter of which was still standing there by the time he arrived. More importantly, a very interesting exchange was occurring not far from his current location. It would seem subtlety was not the strong suit of demons this day.

He turned to follow the path that would get him to his current point of interest: Lilith. He would get there by foot. As he completed his turn, he stopped. Referring to the events outside of Sidwy's room before, he said to Iris Vegner while turned in the opposite direction,

"Eavesdropping is not a very admirable pastime."

She arched a brow at the mention of another event. Hmm.. He could be lying, but he's obviously been through some trauma. I need to learn what I can though. She was perfectly aware the game she was playing could end badly for her. Whatever the other demons thought of her, the only concern she had was her mission and, beyond that, gaining power and prestige. If she could further both goals at once it would be even better. She decided, for now, to believe him. She lowered her blade slightly, still in a defensive position. "So you don't know either. If it is what I suspect, many will die. I, for one, enjoy humans sometimes." Torturing humans, eating humans, making them follow my orders.. "I command an entire legion. When I woke this morning they had all vanished. That's why we're here." If she had known that the angels couldn't wield their full power yet, she would've tried to gain their trust and then tried to kill them when their backs were turned. Good thing Lilith was slightly wary of the three incoming Caeloi.

"Alright then, cutie, I'll bite." She smirked at him. "Figuratively in this case. What other thing are you speaking of?" She made sure to keep track of all four nearby angels and any approaching demons. As soon as this conversation was done she planned on leaving as quickly as possible. It's best none of the others heard this interaction. Honestly she was glad for an excuse to be here. Lesser demons are no fun. Humans struggle. Humans fight back. And, they feel pain so much more strongly.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The other thing was the legion thing." Sora lied.I knew it they've lost their troops, well better get going. "Thank you for your time i'll be off." Sora said as he blurred out of view using ultr vibrations to move extraordinarily fast. His stop in the brush near Gil and John, he hopped out and said "I'm back so what did I miss." Sora had power down on his way here so he wasn't in his hymnal anymore. By the look he could tell they knew something. Sora said "I'll tell you guys what i've been up to after you wake up Heru, may I do the honors." If someone said yes then Sora would walk over and place his hand on Heru. He use his ultra vibration to cause Heru to shake awake.

Lilith narrowed her eyes as he disappeared. There is something else happening, I'm sure of it. They're not wandering in the woods for a picnic. It occurred to her that the angels weren't the only source of information. If something had happened, the mortals would be talking about it. She lowered her katana and willed it to disappear. It was bound to her spirit, so it was impossible to lose. In a way the blade was part of her, though no one could know that but her. The necklace she wore began to glow blood red. A familiar demonic voice entered her mind. Mistress, I believe I've located some of your Legion. They are currently... well, they're at church. It's a very small group to be sure, around twenty, but I believe they're loyal. Dhyrra, her spymistress, had finally learned something of use. She could recover a portion of her troops. Hopefully she had managed to stay a step ahead of the others so far.

Thank you Dhyrra. She replied mentally. When I return you'll be rewarded. Don't think you can rest. You will locate the others. They may be possessing humans as well. Lilith shuddered. Why anyone would want to possess those walking meat sacks was beyond her. Although she supposed the joys of Hominibus were greater in human form. Very well, Mistress, I will keep searching. Bold move, questioning the angel. Although perhaps you should be more subtle from now on.. The spider-demon had a slightly condescending tone. She would have to fix that upon return to Infernus. She felt the connection break and the red light in the crystal heart necklace faded.

She turned back to the road as a police car stopped at the side of the road. The female officer, around 40 with blonde hair, observed the scene and stepped out to look at the remains of the Honda she'd stolen. She spoke to Lilith in Spanish. "
Miss, what's happened here?" She limped towards the officer, tears pouring from her eyes. "I-I.. I don't know, I was just driving and.. I.." She started bawling then, and the officer stepped closer, looking concerned. She looked as if she would do anything to help this poor woman. Lilith put her head on the officer's shoulder. Then she reached up and snapped her neck quickly. "You have the right to remain silent." She said, laughing. She stripped the officer's uniform and put it on. A bit loose for my taste, but Dhyrra was right. I've been reckless. She drew a series of symbols on the body and then whispered an incantation. The body lit up like a bonfire. Calmly, Lilith climbed in the police car and drove to church.

Diablo woke from his short nap just to find Sebastian standing next to him. " why are you here? " he asked that butler in a polite manner. Diablo might be the Horseman of War but that did not mean he was manner less. He gazed at Sebastian, who was the only demon permitted inside of the fort and one of Diablo's trusted generals. " Sir it seems that centurion of lust has been spreading menace " he spoke softly. To that Diablo just got up with a sigh, he know that Lust was always wishing to cause trouble, maybe it was caused by her sadistic nature. " Lilith isn't she? Well where is she now? " Diablo asked with a grin, maybe he was planing to just delight Lust with his presence.

" Erm...I don't know my lord she seems to be mobile near some church " said Sebastian.

Diablo just thanked him, " That would be enough Sebastian " he said before grabbing his mask and placing it over his face. Some might think that Diablo's face was filled with scares and wounds, but they were all verily wrong. Diablo doesn't hide his scares, well all other then one. Diablo always wears that mask to hide himself, it can be a powerful advantage one day. Even death is oblivious of Diablo's appearance without his mask.

Diablo placed his mask back and removed a the black glove that covered his right hand. His palm bore a seal, " Kharyll " he said in a low tone, causing the seal to glow purple and a few drops of blood flowing from it. He pulled the glove back one before the drop of blood that had journeyed to his wrist and was about fall at the floor.

In a few moments his body disappeared. Sebastian had seen this happen before and so was not dumbstruck but was indeed filled with lust after seeing a chief's blood. Their blood was indeed something that was very precious and rare after all chiefs seldom marched in a battle and then even would mostly come back unharmed. Sebastian turned around after thinking about how powerful he could be if he was a chief. He went back towards the kitchen and began to cook, a multi-talented demon he was.

Diablo soon appeared out of the shadows of the church's parking lot, maybe waiting for Lilith. " Has one of the centurions got rather faithful recently ? "he thought as he waited. Diablo could feel the presence of a few demons inside but did not care for it, after all why would a chief care for such petty beings. He just waited for Lilith to appear, well he did not care for the demons also thinking that it was a trap. he gave a glance in that direction as he felt the cold, dark and thick drop of blood flow back towards his hand. " Well gravity did effect all now didn't it ", Diablo gave a laugh about his thought.

(Sorry no alerts)

Yuri wuld wake up and hear the Pilot "Attention everyone we are landing put on your seatbelts and expect some turbeolens"as the pilot speaks Yuri wuld place his seatbelt and wait for it too land as he feels some turbiolens wille readying too land,as the plane tuches ground on Barselona,s Airport and the plane reaches a stop Yuri gets up and gets his bag and wuld start to exit the plane,as he exits the plane his phone rings and name "Frank" pops up "*Sighe*he dosent even let mi get out of the plane*Boop* hello?"amidiatly as he says that frank speacks "Hey! yuri so your in barselona right now right?Im so happy for you hope you have a nice time,I wish i culd have gone with you"Yuri wuld open his eyes wide as he says he wuld have come with him and dosent whant too make him feel bad yuri says "Yea wuld have bin good you came...Oh need too go i need to get ready for mi...um..Job"yuri says very nervesly as he dosent know well why he came here but its better that having frank around....he talks..Alot and so frank speaks "A job alredy?...well you better be on your way now well goodbie yuri"Frank says "Goodbie dad *Boop*glad thas over"Ad yuri wuld exit the airport and wait for a taxi too passby,as a taxi passby it stops and yuri gets in "were you whant to go?"the man says as yuri answers "Too the nerest hotel avalible"as yuri wuld hand the man 15 $Us dollars and the man says "alright sir"and yuri says"Wake mi up wen we get there"as yuri closes his eyes and still...that odd feeling is there and much stronger wen in Barselona....as he canot explaint yet.

Heru sits their in the alley trying to take in what just went down. He had just see a kid transform into a bright like figure then a woman who wielded a sword like thing. This was a bit much for him to understand but this wasn't the first time he seen creature like them. When he was little he had a bad dream about one attacking his family. To him the dream was incredibly real and could remember it as if it actually happen. Did it happen? Heru was the type person to not talk about his past although he doesn't remember most. His Grandparents are the ones to thank for that because they felt it wasn't his time to know of things like this so they sort of cleaned up his memory. Heru retained some of it but to him it would just be blurry and vague leaving hard to remember. When he saw Sora take off he was left in shock. He was trying to figure out what they were talking about he was a little to far off to see. As the group got closer he could feel himself fading away but he was there long enough to overhear Lilith.

He saw her necklace glow and he saw her speak to it mentally. He overhead the necklace say that there were people like her at the church,"I knew it!" He said to himself quietly. "I knew it wasn't done by a terrorist...Woah wait did I just hear her mental conversation with her necklace?????" He said to himself while trying to listen and keep his composure. He knew she was going to head in that direction so he had to get back to the others and alert them and have a little talk with Sora of course. He was about to step from the alley and sort of confront her but he was stopped by the sight of the police. He watch the woman completely snapped the poor female officer's neck in half, he could almost feel it himself. "What a ruthless woman she is....hmph no matter she will be dealt with." He said to himself. He watched her draw strange symbols on the officers body and watched it go up in flames. He was at a total shock. Heru watched her commandeer the vehicle and speed off. "Ok then...." he said to himself while trying to wrap his mind around what he just saw. He could feel the aura's of 2 more dark strong entities in close proximity so he knew he had to go. He disappeared and woke up back in his body sweating and hyperventilating having an 'out of body' is taking his toll. He doesn't know what it is he is doing or how he was doing it but he is gonna try and figure that out.

John looked over at Heru right as he woke up. He and Gil were supporting Heru on their shoulders, carrying him towards the city of Barcelona. He let Heru go if he could stand on his own. "Hey man. Are you okay? Were you.. somewhere else again?" He recalled the strange encounter in his apartment. Not sure how he does that. Maybe we have different abilities. The kid appeared again, and John blinked at his sudden reappearance. "How did you.. You know what, nevermind. I didn't catch your name, though.. I'm John Reed. You are?" He reached out a hand to shake hands with Aaron.

He noticed that the dark presence was moving away. He couldn't tell which way though. John wondered where they would go once they reached Barcelona. He was following Gil and Heru at this point. The Monastery would be a good place to start, but he had no idea how to get there. His knowledge of geography in Europe was very limited, and his knowledge of most landmarks even more limited.
Well we'll just see what happens.. I'll protect them if necessary. Considering what had happened to the train it would be highly likely they would need it.

Mort was pleased, almost happy at the development. He caught wind of Lust's own plans as soon as she killed off the police guard. Demons could be just as predictable as Angels, of course they did descend from the same God and are just two sides of the same coin. Humans and Nephilim were special, and this much more satisfying to play with, and no one really gets angry when he would play with them as opposed to the angel and demons who don't particularly like it.

Speaking of the angels, they always thought they were so smart with their tactics. How could things that value honesty and goodness ever be good at subterfuge? It was laughable, and he would have laughed if it wasn't so pathetic. The Putti who confronted Lust thought that the eldest, or second eldest again that was one of the things he did not know about the universe, was not watching, especially after someone would soon die after she procured that car. It was even written on his stoic little face that he knew nothing of the happenings and just asked the demon for information, and with what power backing him? Vibration? Something that affected the strictly physical and was useless against most spiritual attacks?

The angels are slipping, too much new blood diluting the strength only age brings. He thought with a sigh as he reviewed the information he had. Lust was after her own agenda, unknowingly playing into his hands. The angels were being pathetic, as usual, barely doing anything at this point other than take up space. Pride was his puppet, or eyes and ears if he did not choose to 'possess' her, scratch that, he would observe through her, nothing more. War needed to use magic words from some game to teleport, being even more pathetic than picking a fight with the child Pride, now his spy. Also his servant seemed to be... batting for the other team so to speak, which meant War most likely did the same. Well, the servant did get the wife role down pretty well, so he would keep that to himself for the moment. Pestilence was, well she was a woman and they needed private time. Hell had no fury like a woman scorned, and she was the most powerful woman in Infernus, he had not time to deal with her when she got snappy. Soon they would reach the cathedral, then the fun would begin for both sides.

He could hardly wait to reap souls of both demons and angels this time.

"I'm Aaron Sora." Sora said taking John's hand and then feeling the aura within him far too similar to his own. Weird Heru's and Gil's felt more different than this. "Now if you wouldn't mind saying what I missed earlier? I have a feeling i know some of it already as your face says." Sora said. Sora scratched his head and wondered if they knew he encountered a demon and split it's car in two. Gil had a weird look to him too and he remembered Heru being where he was, astral projection. They need to pick up the pace the demons are on the move and they outnumber angels by alot.

"What was all that about Sora? Also, I wasn't aware you could run that fast. I heard you as you ran all the way up to the street." Gil greeted Sora at sight. "No matter we need to head to the school so Heru's grandfather and my abuelo could explain what the hell is going on." he continued. Gil then looked over at Heru with his arm still around his neck. "Are you okay to walk on your own?" He asked with concern. "I see you may be getting a hang of that being in two places thing." he added.

Gil looked over at John. "Do you feel that? It feels like the dark energy is getting closer to an even more powerful dark energy. There are also some significantly smaller dark energies." He awaited both Heru's and John's response. "What does this mean?" He asked in addition.

Lilith turned the radio on with the sheer force of her will. AC/DC's "Highway To Hell" blared loudly on the radio. She tapped the steering wheel to the beat. She had no idea War was waiting for her at the small monastery. As she got closer, though, she could feel her Legionaries growing closer. What are they doing in a church? I know they didn't get pulled here just to play with the priests. She grinned at the thought of using her ability to make a bunch of priests terrorize humanity. Those feather-worshipping do-gooders drove her up a wall. If only they knew the truth of things. There is no God of mankind, no Satan. Just angels and demons waging an endless war with man caught in the middle. If there was a God, he wouldn't let the demons torture and enslave his children.

She turned into the parking lot just as the song ended. The radio cut out as she climbed out of the car and the engine shut off on its own. "Hopefully no one's going to cut this one in half.." She muttered to herself. Then she put on her best officer look - which was flawless, of course. She needed a reason to be here, though if the mortals grew suspicious. She was quickly provided with one as a man flew out of a window, splattering his brains on the road below. A quick glance in that direction and she saw a monk standing in the window. She could tell he'd been in a fight recently due to his swollen left eye.
So.. did he push him, then? Murderous monks. What a lovely monastery. It could be her Legion at work, but the monk looked human. If he were possessed she'd know.

She walked towards the entrance with purpose. First stop, the sanctuary. The presence within was marginally more powerful than the other scattered demons, on the level of a Strongman. If her second in command was here, then she would have recovered a valuable ally. If it was another Centurions Strongman, she may be able to draw them to her side. If Dhyrra's information was good, then she would be pleased and all would be well. If not, her spymistress would gain a better understanding of the word pain.

"Eavesdropping is not a very admirable pastime."

"Neither is taking an interest in others' pastimes." Iris gave a wry smile when she heard the voice of Wrath. She nudged the unconscious man on the ground with her toe. There was only a murmur from the prone man, but he was otherwise grounded and not moving. At least there wouldn’t be a suicide right in front of where the demons were staying at. That would have brought a lot of attention to the residents, and further inconvenience the whole lot. Conjoined with the mistakes in the ledger book, the police were bound to go about intensive investigation. If the man at her feet right now had no reason to commit suicide, this would plant the whole area in suspicion, and thus causing more chaos that would cause problems more than it would fix. Iris began to wonder if the people that she interacted with actually had working brains in their heads. It must come with the territory of being a demon. The same hypothesis, however, was evidently mistaken about both Sidwy and, hopefully, the Centurion of Wrath, Noel. Iris turned and headed towards the departing Noel.

Besides, it wasn’t eavesdropping if I had received the same orders. Find the transgressors, wring the truth out of them, and bring them to her, was it not?” Iris shrugged, putting on an air of disinterest, before tapping her umbrella on the pavement as she followed behind Noel’s back, a certain interested look coming to her eyes. “Say, Sir Noel, Wrath, however it is that you wish to be addressed, you wouldn’t know where Ms. Lilith would be, do you? It seems I lack an ability that the others have,” she tapped her temple with a finger, “I lack a certain sense for the holy and unholy. It only came to light a few days ago, under some circumstances. I believe, however, that you possess such an ability shared amongst the other demons.” Iris placed her arms behind her, and gave a coy smile at her so-called comrade, waiting for his answer as they made their way down the pavement.

(Sorry jumped the gun) 
Sally materialised sidewalk opposite the monastery, drawn by all the commotion and excitement. She took the form of a female street muscisian and sat crossed legged with her guitar. She watched the various demons and angels drawn in the conflict like her like her like moths to a flame, the difference with them and her is she liked to watch from a distance. She waited for the scene to unfold as she played her guitar and sung the tune of Jonny Cash's "Ring of Fire."

The whole idea amused her, a monastery were its denizens gave up so much to a god that didn't exist thinking it was right and they would be protected. She wished she was there to watch whatever was doing it giving the monks the last rights, she wanted to see the realization of their folly. It would feel good she wasn't the fool like that.

He listened to Gil's statement, growing concerned as he felt the nearby darkness. The greatest darkness, that of the Chief of War, was a great black void. John hated to think of what the demon casting a shadow that strong would be capable of. All those people.. on the train, at the Monastery.. those bastards, why would they do this? Surely there's a plan, right? Strange that four angels just happened to come together. Almost like destiny. That thought made him frown. He had always liked to think he was in charge of his own destiny. The way things were going he was highly doubtful free will existed.

"It means something terrible is happening Gil. People are going to die. We have to do something.." Then he sighed. "But they're too powerful. I don't think we can help in this state. Don't know about you, but I'm tired and hungry. The university is our best bet." He walked towards the street as they finally emerged from the forest, determined to do something. Even if getting to the University of Barcelona was all. No idea how they would get a car, though. He supposed they could always just ask for a ride.

As Sora walked with them he decided to tell them what happened. "Guys I just met a demon. She said Barecelona is crawling with demons who'd kill us on sight. If i put the pieces together that means we're angels. We need to find a place to rest." Sora wasn't all that tired but tired enough.

Meanwhile, a white haired youth has just arrived in Barcelona. He could feel the evil about and some friendly auras. He took to the alleys and backstreets. He was determined to perform hia duties. He headed towards the friendly auras sensing fatigue in one or two of them.

"Hey wake up here we are"the man says waking up Yuri as he looks around and notice that he was at the hotel,as he got out he was Finally in Barselona and he feels Evil Auras as now he understands what happening in Barselona,The Monastery in ruins.As he gets out there multiple Auras he can feel but he needed to get a better view of Barselona,As he enters the Hotel he wuld ignore the Man in the couter and take the Elevator too the top floor and after a few minutes of wating the elevator doors open and would prosid down the hallway towards the stairs too the rooftop of the building and would go up and open the door and now he was at the roof.As he wuld drop his back near the door he would aproche the lege of the building and see Barselona in its beuty the buildings, the lights,everything from long off can be seen aswell the Monastery,As he feels Multiple Auras Good and Bad he takes a few Glimps of Barselona from Above.

*Cough* *Cough* Heru begins as he wakes up. "How long was I out?" He asked. "I don't need to be held up but thanks john" Heru looked over at Sora strangely. "Should I say something to him?" He asked himself. "No I just leave it alone." Heru overheard Sora speak about his encounter with a demon. He listened to see if he would mention more. Heru felt that he said he saw him Sora would ask questions so he just sat there and listen. "We need to get to that church before she does." Heru said to himself. He looked over at Gil and could feel him sensing something.

Morbi awoke from the deep slumber he had fallen into, laying in his human bed with a fire imp next to him. The fire imp had carried him into the bed after he fell into a state similar to a coma. Nothing would have woken him. He was in a dazed state at first, so he didn't bother to open his eyes, yet. During his long slumber, Morbi had several visions and learned several things regarding the near future. Vaguely described, these visions had brought the demon knowledge of a future event that could only have been explained as armageddon. He saw a human world riddled with destruction and death. There were carcasses of both angels, demons and humans covering the ground. It was pure mayhem and he loved it. Regardless what he felt about the visions, he decided that the reality of what he had learned would be his own temporary secret for the time being.

Famine had awakened feeling incredibly energized, yet he felt an extremely ravenous hunger in the depths of his great stomach. He felt as though could eat everything in sight and still be hungry. As Morbi opened his eyes, the fire imp opened his mouth as if to speak but, before a single word could leave the creatures lips, Morbi grabbed it by the throat. He stood up wielding the creature by the throat, as he tightened his grip. The attempted screams of his prey wouldn't stop him. Morbi squeezed tighter and tighter until the imp's head eventually popped of like a fresh grape flying off its vine. Blood was everywhere. He shifted into demon form and sat down on the bed, his food in two separate locations on the floor before him. Still holding the imp's body, he began digging into his meal.

After finishing his food, Morbi's hunger temporarily subsided. He decided to find the others in an attempt at catching up with his colleagues. The first demon that he sensed in the general area was Diablo, so he went to go and see him first. Shifting into human form, he faded through the bed and floor of his condo, to reappear by the Diablo's side, in a churches parking lot. Without looking, he greeted the fellow horseman... "Hello... Diablo".

Gil looked over at Heru. "What are you staring at?"He asked with a smile upon his face. "I see my question was wrong. You still aren't getting the hang of that being two places at once thing are you?" He asked as they finally made it to the street. "Guys wait here I'm going to run through that alley over there and see if I can catch us a taxi." He stated to everyone. He raced off through the dark alley ahead of him. Gil could see light finally at the end of the alley and began to run even faster. He then started to notice the walls of the buildings next to him change like they were made of books. At the end of the alley he stopped. He noticed he was in a room of book shelves and could hear some talking in the distance. "What the hell? Where am I" He stated aloud. "Gil is that you?" He heard what sounded like his grandfather's voice. It can't be. Before anyone could see him, Gil ran back the way her came ending up across the street from his friends. "Hey guys come here. I've got to show you something." He yelled across the street.

The trenchcoat-clad angel took Sora's information in slowly. A demon had actually given information freely? That seemed absurdly strange to him, but he could feel some demonic presences. So she must have been at least partially honest. Maybe she wants us to follow her. I still think we need to go to the University first.. He nodded in response to Heru, then watched as Gil ran off to get them a taxi, and abruptly vanished from his perception entirely. Alarm bells went off in his head, but he breathed a huge sigh of relief when Gil came back into range of his senses. His brow furrowed in confusion. Did he go somewhere..?

He shrugged and followed Gil across the street. Might as well see what he had found. "What is it Gil?" John's stomach growled loudly to his embarrassment
I guess it's too much to ask that he wants to show us a restaurant. I could really use a cheeseburger.. He thought about Misha, all alone in his apartment. Hope my neighbor's okay with taking care of him for a while. The poor cat wasn't used to him being gone this long. After two days, he'd be moping around wishing for John's table scraps.

Sora was perplexed at Gil's aura vanishing then coming back. He walked on over to the other side of the street to see what Gil apparently saw. He felt demonic presences around and about but one was seemingly closer and it wasn't the one from before. Maybe it's another demon lying in wait for an ambush. Sora kept his wits about him even now, this may turn very gruesome. He figured if it turned into a fight he and John would have to cover for Heru and Gil that wouldn't go well for them.

Kori was now walking with an increased pace, when he closed his eyes to further his senses he felt an evil presence somewhat near the friendly ones. This made got made him more tense and the area around him got somewhat colder. He dived into the first alley he saw making his way in a free running fashion until he'd comeout on the edge of town. He would then turned and was on his way to he other angels.

Noel could only grow increasingly annoyed, yet curious, as the events some distance away from him unfolded. By the time he'd been able to focus, he'd already sensed the aura of an angel, muddled as it was. It had also been very close to Lilith, her aura being very unique as a Centurion. That wasn't what struck Noel as odd, however. What stood out to him was the amount of time it took for either aura to tense (signaling that a battle had ensued). This could only mean two things: Espionage or.... Something else. To further the theme of the night, it would seem things were only getting worse. Whatever was going on, Noel needed to get there, and fast. This train of thought was handily derailed by the sound of a familiar voice.

To Noel's surprise, It would seem he had gained a partner for the time being, or rather, a straggler. Iris had joined him on his search. His eyes forward, Noel replied to her while ignoring the disconnect,

"I am on her trail as we speak. However, she is on the move, and seems to be leaving a very unsubtle path of destruction in her wake. If you'd like to join me, feel free."

From what he felt, it seemed Lilith had stopped again. It would take away from the surprise at two lives being lost in her vicinity immediately after. Things were getting worse. Directing his speech to Iris again, he asked, "Can you run?"

"Can you run?" was Noel's question. Of course she could. It wasn't as if she lacked serviceable legs. Iris was also right on another account: Noel had a radar in his head for tracking the other demons and the angels, which really eased along the procession by tenfolds. Any other time, she would have had Alastor lead her around Barcelona, seeking out various demons that, by right, shouldn't be here. Though both her assistant and herself questioned why she lacked the tracking ability, it was never known. Alastor offered that perhaps her soul was indirectly a human's, despite having a demonic body. While she had the physical power and abilities of a demon, she lacked the innate powers of one, such as an in-built soliton radar for otherplanar beings. She theorized that other demons had them as well, and even stronger demons had stronger radars. Alastor could only pick up the radiance of a being, but could not zero in on the subject, as compared to Noel's more sensitive detection.

Iris's rather coy smile widened slightly, as she tapped her toes on the pavement and rested the umbrella on her shoulder. "Lead the way. I'll try to keep up."

"Fair enough. By the way, Noel is fine, Miss Vegner."

The confirmation of Iris was all Noel needed before he broke into an all-out sprint, his body leaned forward. Since time had passed, the streets hadn't been as populated as earlier, so there was a pleasing lack of obstacles. It the rate he ran, assuming Iris was right behind him, it would take a minute and a half to reach his destination: The last stationary location of Lilith. A left. A straightaway. A right. Another left. In that time, Noel did what he could to gather all the puzzle pieces in his mind.

A large part of his, and every other high ranking demons' forces had randomly disappeared. Every Horseman had gathered in the human world. Lilith was seemingly acting on her own. And if his previous feeling was any indication, the angels were now involved in some capacity. There were blank spots in this puzzle. Uncomfortably blank spots. Yet another train of thought was derailed as Noel's destination came into view. Noel could make out a car... Or two segments of a car, and a fire. He slowed down to a brisk walk, moving toward the fire to examine it, only to come to a complete stop when a specific scent filled his nostrils, all but confirming what lay at the base of the fire. It was a body. A human body. Every scene Noel investigated had been messier than the last. It was dumbfounding, and it began to feel, and look, very childish. Lilith was having fun at the worst time. At least, that's what he hoped. Any other explanation for this behavior would spell out major conflict: the last thing anyone needed. The remnants of the angelic aura he felt before was also gone. Though that did not explain the segmented automobile. He motioned to Iris,

"What do you make of this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back