• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land!

CinnabarIsland

1 X1 - Atarashii Atarashii & CinnabarIsland CinnabarIsland (moved from group to 1x1)

Plotline-
you came from a previous time line and are now stuck in modern day. You have to get used to living in the modern day with all the technology advances/lifestyles/people etc. You meet new people along your journey and grow close with them, you soon forget the life you used to live before. Until a way shows up for you to be transported back to your past life. In exchange for living the life you were meant to live, you lose the people you grew close with back in modern day. Are you willing to let go of the friends and potential lover(s) you made to go back to where you're meant to be or would you rather stay and forget those back at your real home?
-
Character Sheets:

Present
-
Name:
Appearance: (insets image or description)
Place of birth/current:
Other/Background:

Past
-
Name:
Appearance: (insets image or description)
Place of birth/current:
Era/origin: (year/era)
Other/Background:
-

Characters
CinnabarIsland CinnabarIsland characters
⚜️
~Modern~
Name: Riku
Gender/pronouns: he/Him/They/Them
Appearance:
396777D9-3412-47B6-A15D-25E34E1D4DBB.jpeg
Place of birth/current : born and raised in Japan recently moved to the US
Other/Background:
Riku was a lonely child growing up and wanted to become a teacher from a young age. He lost his parents and has to fend for himself in hostels from the age of 14. He traveled to the US for a better life and job opportunity that Helped him to up and leave Japan.
He has a crush on someone who he is too scared to ask and afraid for being judged,he Seems pretty chill and easy going, not so easy at making friends but can get flustered a little in some situations especially when mentioned about his two different eye colours. Can also be easily influenced to do anything. ie. Being bossed around, encouraged to try something even if he doesn’t like it.

⚜️
~Past Timer~
Name: Gerard (Rowntree)
Gender/pronouns: He/Him/They/Them
Appearance:
61612758-0F3F-48E3-B24C-0C249F198956.jpeg
Place of birth/current: London/ Briton Transported to Modern Day US
Era/origin: (year/era) 1600’s
Other/Background:
He’s very methodical though can get stressed fairly easy with any signs of pressure. Smoking was new in so the habit was taken up fairly quickly to relief stress.
The invention of the telescope played an important role in advancing the understanding of Earth's place in the cosmos. So was starting to become a big deal.
The Early telescope was primarily used for making Earth-bound observations, such as surveying and military tactics.
He is is rich and if around his parents can be quite the spoilt child.
Very unsure of what he wants he feels there is something missing in his life.
⚜️
Atarashii Atarashii characters

Past-

Name:Vincent (Immernachtreich) (SyVeran)
Gender/pronouns:Male/He/Him/His
Occupation:Illegal alcohol importer/Maker/Seller. He oversaw many branches of alcohol companies during the prohibition era and earns millions from bootlegging and distributing booze. He is part of a mob along with Al Capone and many others.
Place of birth/current:Born in england and still has an accent but now lives in the USA. Illinois, chicago, the most affected area during the prohibition era.
Era/origin:1925/Prohibition era (1920-1933)
Other/Background:His mother and father are both dead since 1920. Father is german and his mother is japanese, both living in england when his mother gave birth to Vincent. When Vincent was 19 they all moved to the USA. He smokes heavily but drinks very little despite being in charge of bootlegging booze. He was married but is now divorced. His given last name is Immernachtreich but changed it to SyVeran for convenience. On legal documents it is Immernachtreich but anywhere else, he signs SyVeran.
Appearance:
992165F5-7D37-40A1-A57F-7BF258659966.jpeg

Present-

Name:Isla (Dvalin)
Gender/pronouns:Female/She/Her
Occupation:Aspiring travel journalist but works as an article writer for miscellaneous websites currently.
Place of birth/current:Born in Munster, Ireland and has lived in australia as well. She moved to the USA when she was 20 and lives in an apartment building in the city the RP takes place in.
Other/Background:Worked as a photographer and still takes classes for it at a nearby university. Her parents both live in ireland and she visits them once a year or goes to australia to meet family members over there instead. She is the oldest of two, neither of them living in the USA either.
Appearance:
2F5EF611-47DB-475A-8833-71B8B8EDB856.jpeg
{Image credits to original owners}

Last edited:
Part 1 copy and paste -
Atarashii Atarashii Post:

Date:4/9/2022 (Saturday) Time:12:39 PM
It's the middle of april, The weather is chill with a slight breeze. The sun is shining along with some clouds decorating the sky and providing shade. The city is bustling despite it being late morning. Schools are in session along with some classes in nearby universities.

Isla had gotten home from grocery shopping for the week. She lugged the heavy grocery bags up the porch steps to her apartment building, pushing the door open with her body as she waddled awkwardly over to the elevator. She pressed the button for the third floor and waited to hear the DING and the elevator door opening. She slid her key in and unlocked the door to her apartment, kicking the door open and walking through the threshold. Closing the door and tossing the keys onto a counter right next to the door. She set the groceries down and stretched her arms.
*Jesus why is everything so heavy? I didn't buy that much.* She thought, frowning. She opened the bags and took items out, placing them in their respective places. It took her a bit and throughout it all, she did not notice a strange man appearing out of nowhere in her living room.

The man is dressed in a suit and tie, quite classy for someone sitting in an apartment of a middle class citizen. He is holding a cigar, wedged between his fingers as he looked around. Face showing disinterest at his predicament. He seemed quite calm despite randomly teleporting to a new place when before, he was watching a couple of his friends gamble on a poker table at a speakeasy. An illicit bar most notorious for selling bootlegged liquor. Isla didn't notice the man till she turned to the couch, expecting a blanket and a pillow ready for her to collapse into and watch netflix but was occupied by a mysterious man. She looked at him before she screamed.

"Who the hell are you?!" She yelled, reaching to grab anything that seems lethal enough to knock someone out. She produced a glass plate that had leftover scrambled eggs on it that she forgot to clean earlier this morning. The man gave a sigh and got up, looking around for a cigar tray.
"Do you have somewhere where i can put my gasper?" He questioned, gesturing to the cigar in his hand. When Isla didn't give an immediate answer he tossed it into a nearby potted plant. Isla backed away from the man, ready to smash the person into oblivion if he moved.
"I said. WHO. THE. HELL. ARE. YOU. AND. WHY. ARE. YOU. IN. MY. HOUSE?!" Isla screamed. The man shrugged and opened a box of cigarettes, ready to light another one. "Beats me. You look quite peculiar. What is that you're wearing?" When Isla demanded an answer he simply ignored her. "Put the screws on it if you want an answer."

Realizing she was not going to get anywhere with the mysterious man, she let him be and stomped off to her bedroom. Slamming the door shut and flopping on her bed. Contemplating what she was going to do now with a man speaking nonsense and having a british accent. She had gotten the feeling he was some sort of cosplayer or someone who dressed in the early 1900s but she couldn't pinpoint where exactly. It was driving her insane as she moped around, wondering if it was karma who cursed her to have this happen. Little did she know, two others were having the same problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CinnabarIsland CinnabarIsland Post

The sun was shining and it was glorious but for Riku the sun had risen too early he turned over and placed the pillow over his head to block the light from shining on his face.
He had pulled an all nighter for essay work once again. Slowly lifting the pillow to see the laptop on the desk he rolled his eyes and turned away. It was only a small room he had nothing fancy.

He closed his eye for a moment longer “peace and quiet” he said before he was disturbed by some fumbling around. He didn’t open his eyes yet turned thinking it was the others around in their rooms. It was there again “what the heck is this?” The voice claimed as it picked up the laptop. “Extraordinarily flat wouldn’t you say?”he said observing it closely.

Riku jumped out of his skin at the person stood before him. “Whatt?…whoo? WHAT THE HECK YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?” He yelled at the peculiar person before him. “And would you put that laptop down it has my Essay’s on it! They are due on Monday!” He rushed over grabbing the laptop from him.
“Oh, pushy are we….Well if you must know I was about to ask you the same thing? Until you yelled it at me” he sighed walking to the closed curtains and opening them to look out the window “out of all places in the world I wake up having it be here, looking at you! I tomorrow have to accept the inventors awards you know can’t be seen loitering around this whatever you want to call it” he stood there looking around every aspect of the room and sighed “this is grand just grand!”he followed sarcastically saying.

Rolling his eyes he looked up and down at a sleepy Riku wiping his eyes “anyways why you still in bed?your young aren’t you? The world is your oyster and here you are the whole morning you’ve wasted by sleeping you know I made parts of the telescope during the time it’s taken you to get out that state of a pit you just leaped out off hmmm” he said tutting as he observed Riku who was still in a state of shock. “You going to make me a bowl of tee or just keep staring till your eyes burn?? You never seen another man before sure as heck ain’t acting like it… oh and if you will, only the finest leaves from the exchange please?” The man demanded prompting Riku to nod and look confused “errrrm a bowl? How about just a cup?” The man looked confused “ fine if you have in this whatever you call it, cup and saucer is fine.” Riku went to the small kitchen unit and pulled out a box of tea from the cabinet and looked back towards the man still observing everything “why the heck you dressed like that anyways?”

TBC here as 1x1

CinnabarIsland CinnabarIsland characters
⚜️
~Modern~
Name: Riku
Gender/pronouns: he/Him/They/Them
Appearance:
View attachment 1014090
Place of birth/current : born and raised in Japan recently moved to the US
Other/Background:
Riku was a lonely child growing up and wanted to become a teacher from a young age. He lost his parents and has to fend for himself in hostels from the age of 14. He traveled to the US for a better life and job opportunity that Helped him to up and leave Japan.
He has a crush on someone who he is too scared to ask and afraid for being judged,he Seems pretty chill and easy going, not so easy at making friends but can get flustered a little in some situations especially when mentioned about his two different eye colours. Can also be easily influenced to do anything. ie. Being bossed around, encouraged to try something even if he doesn’t like it.

⚜️
~Past Timer~
Name: Gerard (Rowntree)
Gender/pronouns: He/Him/They/Them
Appearance:
View attachment 1014091
Place of birth/current: London/ Briton Transported to Modern Day US
Era/origin: (year/era) 1600’s
Other/Background:
He’s very methodical though can get stressed fairly easy with any signs of pressure. Smoking was new in so the habit was taken up fairly quickly to relief stress.
The invention of the telescope played an important role in advancing the understanding of Earth's place in the cosmos. So was starting to become a big deal.
The Early telescope was primarily used for making Earth-bound observations, such as surveying and military tactics.
He is is rich and if around his parents can be quite the spoilt child.
Very unsure of what he wants he feels there is something missing in his life.
⚜️
Atarashii Atarashii characters

Past-

Name:Vincent (Immernachtreich) (SyVeran)
Gender/pronouns:Male/He/Him/His
Occupation:Illegal alcohol importer/Maker/Seller. He oversaw many branches of alcohol companies during the prohibition era and earns millions from bootlegging and distributing booze. He is part of a mob along with Al Capone and many others.
Place of birth/current:Born in england and still has an accent but now lives in the USA. Illinois, chicago, the most affected area during the prohibition era.
Era/origin:1925/Prohibition era (1920-1933)
Other/Background:His mother and father are both dead since 1920. Father is german and his mother is japanese, both living in england when his mother gave birth to Vincent. When Vincent was 19 they all moved to the USA. He smokes heavily but drinks very little despite being in charge of bootlegging booze. He was married but is now divorced. His given last name is Immernachtreich but changed it to SyVeran for convenience. On legal documents it is Immernachtreich but anywhere else, he signs SyVeran.
Appearance:
View attachment 1014088

Present-

Name:Isla (Dvalin)
Gender/pronouns:Female/She/Her
Occupation:Aspiring travel journalist but works as an article writer for miscellaneous websites currently.
Place of birth/current:Born in Munster, Ireland and has lived in australia as well. She moved to the USA when she was 20 and lives in an apartment building in the city the RP takes place in.
Other/Background:Worked as a photographer and still takes classes for it at a nearby university. Her parents both live in ireland and she visits them once a year or goes to australia to meet family members over there instead. She is the oldest of two, neither of them living in the USA either.
Appearance:
View attachment 1014089
{Image credits to original owners}
Vincents age is now 35 ^^

After an hour of contemplating what to do and then procrastinating by opening her computer and working on an article for the rest of the time, she begrudgingly opened the door of her bedroom and cautiously stepped out. The man wasn't in the living room anymore, now sitting on the balcony. Smoking and looking at the view. Isla said nothing as she avoided the man's gaze as she walked over to the kitchen. Opening the pantry and shuffling around. Grabbing a can of pringles and slammed the cabinet shut with her foot. She stomped over to the balcony and slid open the door, holding the can tightly in her hand. "You." She said, pointing at the man. "What's your name?"

The man tossed the cigar into a potted plant that lay next to a couple chairs. "Vincent. Vincent SyVeran." He stated simply. "And what is your name dame?" He questioned, turning to look at her. Now that she got a better view, he seemed well dressed to the point that assuming he came from money wouldn't be a far off guess. Younger than he looks and quite sophisticated. Just who is this man?
Isla gave a slow nod, ignoring his question and instead stared down Vincent with a cold glaze. "And where are you from? Vincent SyVeran." Spitting out the capital V with distaste.
"I hail from illinois. It seems i am not in illinois anymore." He noted, staring off into the bustling city.
"Not crap sherlock." Isla muttered. "You're in Albany, New york. And who the hell still dresses like that?" She asked, gesturing to the suit he is wearing.

"This? You're quite the muppet aren't ya. It's a tailored suit, made by an exclusive company." He replied. "You did not answer my question, what is your name?" He repeated. Isla rolled her eyes and opened the can of pringles, popping into her mouth. "Isla. And that's all you need to know. Sure you got a fancy suit cuz your full of money but what year do you think it is? Your words..aren't of modern speak." Vincent furrowed his brows, pondering over the thought. "it..should be 1925 no?" Isla stared at him in stunned silence before slapping her forehead. "That explains everything. Your speak, your clothing. Everything. You're from the past!" She exclaimed.

Vincent looked at her with a stare before turning back to light yet another cigar. "I suppose it wouldn't be...farfetched." He mused. Hearing a siren he peered over the balcony to see an ambulance. "is that a meat wagon? was someone cut down?" He asked out loud before returning to look at Isla. "You needn't worry, i won't cause trouble." He said, a sly grin creeping its way onto his face. Isla didn't believe one word that he said but at least she knew a bit more about him albeit not very much. She couldn't leave him on his own as he didn't know how modern day worked so instead she started pestering him about more questions. Such as what he did, his age and other thought provoking questions.

“For goodness sake boy, would you quit reveting ones eyes on me and make that tee” he demanded watching every move that Riku made.

Riku made the tea and placed it on the side for him to take “shoot what’s the time?” Riku said slight panic rising in his voice.
“‘Tis twixt one and two.” The man replied sipping his drink.
“I’m Sorry what now?” Riku said baffled at what he was hearing.
“‘Tis twixt one and two I say boy you literally are a Lubberwort“ he said sipping his tea once again.

Riku rolled his eyes “okay……Sir I’m sorry but I have no idea what your saying…” he said sighing grabbing his phone to check the time 1:30pm “ okay so here’s the thing, I’ll have to head to the store soon…you’ll have to come with me.” He said unsure how Gerard would take that.

“That’s what I said my boy honestly…you must be a little Jargogled honestly and why do I have to come, guess it better than the Lubberwort pit sights for thee ” he sighed.
“Okay so small question what’s your name?” Riku asked shaking his head trying to wrap around this random nonsense speaking man sitting on his couch.
“I am Gerard the grand Inventor.” He said proudly and as Riku went to ask further questions was interrupted once again.
“I am the grand maker of the telescope your looking at the first ever maker of its kind im rich you know due to accept and award tomorrow and be named the top of the queens.” Gerard sneered. “And you boy…. your title? Name? Profession speak now to thee” He said grabbing out a cigarette looking for a match in his pockets.

Riku looked a little troubled and sighed “you’re not from here are you? You speak so unknowingly like your I don’t know in some sort of Shakespeare production of hamlet, getting into character, but the strangest part I know your not actor as you genuinely believe waht your saying…” He asked feeling bizarre for asking that question and knowing full well the answer is something unexplainable.
“Listen here Lubberwort I don’t know what your gander is but something isn’t right.” He said still hunting for the match.
Riku grabbed a match from the kitchen counter and swiped the open match against The box and sat back down “so what year do you believe it is? Certainly ain’t the 20th century that’s for sure…” he asked leaning back in the chair.
“Tis 1665 my boy, there had been starting to be a bit of uproar with the commoners especially with pesky rats…” he said taking a puff and looking out the widow “doesn’t bother me though…” he said taking another puff.

Riku sighed looking back at the time knowing he had to get to the store he went over sorting through his jackets and found the perfect one couldn’t have Gerard going out liking like that think of all the questions? He tossed the jacket to him “put this jacket on and just don’t talk for like the next hour okay? I gotta get some things from the store and there is no way I’m leaving you here.” He said as Gerard admired a sleek fancy brown detective looking jacket. Complete opposite of what Riku would wear.
Gerard grunted but obliged “ a bit of a Dirty-Beau
I see…” he said noticing the jacket difference in style.
“Let’s not talk about it okay?” He quickly rushed to put on some fresh clothes and get ready for the day with a quick check on his phone smiling down at it as he made a small response, holding the door open for Gerard.
Gerard noticed him smiling and didn’t say a word and walked out the door.

The both of them chatted as they made their way to the store and noticed out on one of the balconies there were two people sat there. Gerard took off his hat and bowed his head “Good dawning to thee, friends!” He yelled to them. As Riku grabbed his arm “I told you don’t make a scene…..please!” He said releasing his arm as they continued walking.

Last edited:
"Wait wait. Hold up." Isla said. Holding her hand up to vincent's face, shaking her head in disbelief. "You're 35?? How? What's your skincare routine? Not like i need it but gosh darn your looking good for your age. I bet you get all the girls with that face of yours." She smirked. "Well what do you do? Like jobs and such. You seem to come from money so i'm curious about what your profession is." She asked, taking a sip from a bottle of water. Vincent gave a simple nod. "Your spot on my dear. I do come from an esteemed family who is quite rich though i'm afraid my occupation is not available to be shared to the common folk." He looked over to Isla's phone sitting on the table. He reached over to grab it and look it over. "Is this an ameche? it looks...odd. So small." He noted, brushing his fingers over the screen.

"Uh. It is." Isla said apprehensively, reaching over to grab it from Vincent's hands. "It's an older model but works just as well. Lots of space and HD photos. All the bells and whistles." She explained. Vincent seemed wary of how so much could fit in something like that. Though he opened up quickly when Isla explained how phones got their upgrade later on throughout the years. Going from clunky phones on a holder, connected to its base by a wire to a wireless small electronic able to search up anything and text people.
"Well isn't that the bee's knees." He commented. "How well technology advanced throughout the years. I'm a bit saddened that my big one is before this happens but you can't have everything can you."

To not draw much attention to Vincent, Isla dragged him out and went to go buy some clothes. She picked out some black pants along with black boots and a silver hoop belt. A white shirt unbuttoned at the top, showing off his collarbone and a necklace. Vincent picked out some rings and a bracelet to finish the outfit. Isla stood behind Vincent as they both peered into a mirror. Vincent admired the new get up and Isla admiring her clothing choices and how good they looked on Vincent. Both of them walked back to her apartment to chat up some more and get Vincent up to date. When Gerard yelled up to them, she ignored it and half-heartedly waved back but stopped when she ran over what Gerard said. "Oh my god." She said as she leaned over the balcony. "YOU!" She screamed, pointing at Gerard. "Stay there!!" She yelled again, ignoring the looks she was getting.

She grabbed Vincent's arm and ran down the stairs, not waiting for the elevator. She rushed out of the apartment building, catching up to the two fairly quickly. She stood in front of them, leaning over to catch her breath. She held up her arm weakly, pointing at Gerard. "You're not from this timeline are you? The words speak all." She said, wiping the sweat off her forehead. Not caring for Riku's shocked expression, she stared down Gerard. "Answer me. You're not from modern right? I mean who else speaks like that these days? And your outfit. Sorry but it looks dreadful. And it's going to catch everybody's attention. After i get some answers from both of you, we are going shopping for new clothes!" She proclaimed. Vincent caught up to her, brushing the hair out of his face. "Who are you grilling now?" He asked. Looking at Riku and Gerard. "If my ears didn't deceive me, this guy is like you! From the past, albeit a different timeline but still!" She said, pointing at Gerard.

After making a scene and catching the attention of the two on the balcony something Riku didn’t want to happen he facepalmed his face and turned to Gerard “now look what you did?”
He sighed.
“I’m sorry my boy, Tis rude not to greet thy neighbour upon passing.” He shrugged “now they come to us and greet us, this girls attitude..rude raw saying you, does she know who I am?” He questioned.
“I’m still trying to figure that so I think that would be a no, but give it the time it takes her to drag that poor guy down and she will know exactly who you are” he rolled his eyes as they both watched poor Vincent being dragged down this flight of stairs.

As Isla approached and pointed straight at Gerard, Gerard pushed her hand away “little girl tis rude to point at one’s wonder in such a disgusting tone, have you no respect for thee?” He said folding his arms Riku standing to the side wondering why him, was this what he got for lacking in his assignments and working on a small inde game instead?

“If you must know I…. I don’t know I’m still learning but it’s the year 1665 and you little girl remind me of my maid, dear Lisa. She was a fine lass for sure but spoke without being spoken to a lot that actually just the other day I found her talking to one of the rats that was out in the streets, oh come now don’t be alarmed I don’t mean the creatures this was the stable boy he was nay we say hittin the stack, that needle in the haystack that boy who was horsing around? ‘‘Twas a joke to be there for find funny of course young seedling” Gerard said looking her up and down and at Vincent as he now approached them.

Riku was ready to bury his head in shame at this why was he apart of this, why him. He sighed and looked over seeing Vincent also a bit wary to see him. He looked like someone in one of those old 90’s gang movies.

Gerard gasped at the words coming from Isla’s mouth “how dare you, thou art shall be performed when dancing on what one shows my dear.” He said booping her nose “can’t say you are the fashionista stylist I wound higher for my award show tomorrow.” He said waving her off “I’d say the way you speak is funny, not moi besides I’m wanting to be eye catching like the stars, but this Dirty-Beau gave me this” he said looking down disgusted also.
“Hey it was either that or jogs and a sweater.” He said shrugging.

“Shopping for rags? I’m sorry love, don’t think you could afford my style, I’m flattered though, this Lubberwort was just taking me, come jointh” he offered and looked at Vincent brushing his hair out of his face “now here is a man with some class and taste, your name of you please?” He asked to Vincent.

Riku stood there looking at how calm Isla was and just interjected her question asking “HOW CAN YOU BE SO FREAKING CALM!” He said catching his breath looking at each of them intently.

"Excuse you!" Isla grumbled. "I am not a little girl thank you very much, you don't seem that old but not older to the point you could be my grandpa." She retorted. "Besidesss it's not a disgusting tone. I just want you to know that you caught my attention, but i bet even if you didn't say anything. You would be easy to spot a mile away." She turned to Riku. "Did people in the past 1600s or whatever talk like this? Sounds like gibberish to me, i could never." She scoffed. "I have respect for my elders and my friends but you must have twisted views if you think i'm going to bow down to you like some god. The 1600s were wack am I right?" She muttered. "No sir, it's 2022. Exactly 357 years in the future. And let me repeat this again, I am not a little girl!" She yelled at Gerad.

"A joke. Right. Your maid sounds insane if she decides talking to rats is better than talking to humans but i think that speaks well of how you treat..servants." She muttered, rolling her eyes as Vincent appeared behind her. "It's not really funny to me but i guess humour was different back then." Vincent looked at Gerad, both of them eyeing each other before he spoke. "Who is this lad? He seems a bit bonkers with what he is saying." He frowned. Isla shrugged. "Just some dude from 1665. Odd right? How it happened to both of us." Her finger pointing to her then Riku. "Say, how are you feeling about this? Sorry i ignored you. I'm Isla, Isla Devlin." She said, holding her hand out to Riku with a smile. "And you are..?"

Vincent watched from behind Isla, staring her down with intensity. "Yes, who are you young lad?" He asked, looking at RIku. Isla gave him a jab in the stomach which he returned back with a hit to the arm. Isla ignored it and asked RIku how Gerad got to his apartment. When Gerad booped her nose she grabbed his finger and held it up in the air. "You say one more piece of garbage and i'll snap your finger." She threatened. "You ain't going to your award show no more, you're stuck here with us. And i am not joking. You may be some snobby know it all but that means nothing to me. We are all on equal ground, whether you like it or not." She snarled.

"Eye catching? Eye catching means you want to be a target at shooting practice. One move like a deer caught in headlights..Boom." She said, making a finger gun to her head. "Staying down low is better but i couldn't say much because you know nothing of these times. So chin up and shut up." She commanded. "He did the bare minimum and here you are being a brat about it. Such ignorance deserves its own reward." She scoffed. "RAGS?!" She screamed, slapping her hand over his arm. "You know nothing you little prude!" She then started acting like a mother scolding her child. Going on about how he should be glad he found them instead of the more shiftier type.

After Isla finished her mum rant, Vincent stepped up to Gerad, holding his hand out. "Vincent, Vincent SyVeran. I hope we get acquainted with each other before the missus cuts you down. I should also mention the glad rags were picked out by her as well. I have style but not the modern touch I need for this..timeline." He stated. "You must be...?"
Isla looked at Riku and gave a shrug. "One should be prepared for anything. How about after this and shopping, get some lunch? it's on me." She said looking at the three of them. "It's a bit far fetched that this happened but hey, might be an adventure and will make a wonderful article to post on my website." She smiled, shaking her phone. "Sorry if this is a bit much but i think a good filling lunch will change your mind. Or at least soothe it."

Isla dragged Gerad by the ear to keep him from wandering off while Riku and Vincent walked silently behind her. They stopped at a mall, not a large one compared to others but had just what they needed. Isla left RIku and Vincent alone with some money as she shoved Gerad into a clothing store to get him a new outfit. Vincent declined the money stating he had his own and both of them went off to find something to entertain them as they waited for the others to meet at the food court. Vincent just asked a few questions here and there about various things he found quite intriguing as they weren't in his timeline. Of course he was given many side glances from both men and women as they walked through the mall.

“Your still little lass, the tone was disgusting pointing fingers thou had never been privy to such Ill behaviour.” He scoffed looking her up and down. “Grandpa, Grandpa? I’m nobodies Grandpa and pish,posh so what if I stand out, rather be outstanding and shining than dull and blended in..”Gerard huffed.
Riku looked at Isla’s sudden turn to him “sure we’re talking Shakespeare era you know hamlet and such. Of course you couldn’t old English is unacquainted to us.” He said looking over watching Isla’s expression.

Gerard’s eye twitched as Isla spoke I’ll to him once more “ unless your a servant which thou doesn’t see one as then no bowing required, however young lass I’d watch your tongue, the blade runs nice if it talks too much.” He said in a slight menacing tone. “Well I see that is a doosey, flabbergasted well you are a meer lass hmm,” he said not much else on the topic what else was there to say he time traveled… somehow.

“My dear, did you not hear? It was a stable boy, not an actually rat that was more to do with the said plague running Rife through to city. And yes I guess humour changed down the line.” He said brushing himself down.
“Bonkers, thou doesn’t understand thee presidency he speaks off, now I thought you’d be aquatinted with thee art of words?” He questioned them halted “dude? What’s a dude?” He asked looking at Riku as they all did.
“Oh erm, I mean it’s odd that’s for sure but I guess it’s fine, no sweats!” He said waving her off “ nice name it’s nice to meet you and you also sir I’m Riku!” He said holding his hand out to greet Isla first then Vincent.
“Well he just sorta appeared like I was still asleep at this point.” He said rubbing the back of his head as he watched Gerard boop Isla.

Gerard sighed “you mean say anything my dear and that’s preposterous! I must attend.” He sighed. “Superiority is in the eye of the stakeholder not the one passing the shillings my dear.” He said knowing she wouldn’t know what he meant.

“Well if you say so my dear.” Gerard shrugged looking at vincent once more “what timeth to you portray my friend?” He questioned.
“Yes, yes you sound like my mother fine stay keeping your hand at the level of your eye. Understood.” He looked at Isla walking up to her “that does it young lady it I’ve had it with your trap now respect goes both ways but in my case you have to earn it, im not from here so cut some slack and get the cheese capeesh?” He said brushing his hands in a wipe away motion.
“Hardly say little my dear. And prude amuse me please look I say rags Because well never mind fine I accept your invitation.” He smiled pulling out a cigarette.

Gerard quickly using the match lit the butt and held his hand “Vincent I’d gladly like to expand upon one’s Firendship and go on and forth with knowledge of one another, ahhhh I see hmmm, maybe she isn’t too bad just runs that trap like no tomorrow.” He sighed. “Oh Gerard, Gerard Rowntree.” He said smiling still shaking Vincent’s hand before long breaking it off and nervously laughing.

Riku nodded “sounds good I need it!” He said then back tracked “I don’t mean like I have no money but food, food would be nice for sure” he said nervously “yeah it’s a bit strange but oh sweet you write articles nice, I study computer game design.” He gestured.
“Yes perhaps, come then let’s get going!”

Gerard protestingly headed off with Isla complaining most of the way and arguing back with their conflicting personalities While Riku waited with Vincent. Riku answers a few of the questions explained a thing or two and noticed all the looks “yo! Vincent everyone is looking at you like in awe.” He said watching everyone gawping at him women seems to want to fawn over him the men also. As Riku watched he sighed until he saw him, it was him, his crush with his friends. He quickly got up and hid behind Vincent.

Riku looks over hiding behind Vincent pulling at his new jacket Isla picked out for him. He stood there as if hiding from the guy that was stood there talking with what seemed some friends” “whatever you do don’t move just stand still” he financed in a shaky voice as he gripped the jacket harder closing his eyes the grip on his phone loosened causing it to crash to the floor small shards falling as it hit the cold ground. There in that moment he looked at him, he’d seen him, albeit a moment of embarrassment but he’s there, the phone but him he’s there, until Vincent brought him back into the room as now the shock and panic set in as he scrambled to pick the phone pieces hoping his crush had walked away he looked up slightly to Vincent “little help here…Please?”

"I have better manners in my one pinkie finger then you do in your entire body!" She snapped, holding her pinkie finger to his face. "You say one more word about me being a little lass and this finger will be going up your ass." She threatened, staring him down with daggers in her eyes. "I point fingers at people who don't deserve more than that. And you, good sir. Are one of them. Besides, i doubt you would ever become a grandpa because who wants to be with a spoiled boy like you? Acting so high and mighty." She scoffed. "Alright then i'll just feed you to the wolves and won't blink because i don't care anymore because you certainly don't! I'll be eating popcorn as you get thrown into jail."

"I knew it, he talks like an old man." She said, reaching over to flick Gerads forehead. "I won't ever be a servant to you. Dream about it you little prude." She rolled her eyes when Gerad threatened her. "Oh i am soooo scared. I think..scratch that. Know. The only thing the blade will be touching is your tongue when i cut it off." She spat back. "Plague eh? Guess it didn't affect you because of your rich ass." She muttered. "I know the art of words but your words? Is all just a humble jumble of words you think makes sense but it really doesn't." Isla looked at Riku and slapped her forehead. "It's just an...expression..? Oh whatever. It's not worth explaining it."

Isla shook his hand intently. "It's nice to meet you Riku! I live on westward street, right over there. You walked past us right??" She said, pointing over to the apartment building behind them. Vincent stepped up to Riku, looking him up and down with a cold glaze as if judging him. He said nothing as he gave a simple shake of the hand, staring him directly in the eye. "Vincent." Before letting go of Riku's hand and standing behind Isla. "Is that so?" She asked as she threatened Gerad. "He just appeared in my living room. Confused and he would rather smoke his lungs to death then figure out what's happening but I digress. I guess people have different reactions to being transported to the future."

Vincent blinked a few times before responding to Gerad. "I hail from the streets of illinois as a drug dealer. Well alcohol dealer more so but drugs are also under my domain. 1925, during the prohibition." He stated. "You are the inventor of the telescope no? You made it very clear." He noted. Isla grumbled something under her breath and put her hands on her hips. "Fine respect goes both ways and i will pay you something for you being thrown into an unfamiliar place. But you still need to pay some mind that you're not in the 1600's. Places and stuff have changed and you need to adapt so people don't question you. I am not agreeing with earning it because you are being the pain in the butt. You need to get your head into the game instead of thinking everything will go your way and think outside the box for once." She said, crossing her arms. "I won't be as attentive towards you but you also need to play your part."

"Oh don't worry about it, i'll pay for it all. I'll give you some side money to buy something if you wish, you like you don't come out of your shell that often so enjoy it! I'll get Gerad suited up and you two," She said waving her hand between Vincent and RIku. "Can go off and explore. Meet at the food court yeh?" She said, digging out of her wallet and handing Riku two 20's. "Oh cool! You still school then? Plan to make any games? if you do I would love to see! Perhaps make an article about some up and coming game makers." She smirked, nudging RIku before dragging all three of them to the mall. After the two split off, Isla made Gerad pipe down once they got into the store to attract less attention but would allow quite arguing while she was trying to find something for Gerad to wear.

Vincent looked over to the people gawking at him and he played with one of his rings. "I must admit even before I was always a catch, that didn't stop my ex-wife cheating on me but that's in the past...literally. it seems women still have the same..type in the future." He said giving a small nod to a woman near him. She blushed profusely and ran over to her friends. "I don't mind the looks, I get them all the time. Usually for the same reason but other times, not so much." Vincent looked at where Riku looked and saw a tall boy with what seems to be his friends. He is wearing the same style Vincent is, bandages and scars littering the visible parts of his body he noted. Sandy brown hair and dull olive eyes, freckles decorating his skin along with jewelry. "Who is this fine gentlemen you seem to be hiding from?" Vincent questioned.

When the phone hit the ground and shattered, Vincent stepped back. Allowing Riku's crush to get a good look at him. The crush made his way towards Riku, helping to pick up the phone pieces. "Riku?" He asked, reaching to help pick the pieces up. "Didn't expect you here. Going shopping with a friend?" He asked, motioning towards Vincent who stood silently next to Riku. He dropped the pieces into a shopping bag his friend supplied him with, taking a rag from his bag and wetting it at a nearby water fountain. "It seems your phone isn't going to be easily repaired with all those pieces" He frowned, peering into the bag. His hands are red from cuts of the glass. Vincent looked at Riku then the man. The man looked at Vincent and gave a nod. "Riku this your friend right? Or someone else. Either way, why not introduce us?" He asked as he wiped his hands on a cloth. Looking around for a bathroom. When Riku fretted over his hands he gave him a small chuckle. "it's just cuts, just apply some bandages and good as new." He gave riku a ruffle of the hair with his non-damaged hand.

Gerard sighed “the words of today get harsher to their tone as well as their actions, pitiful.” He looked over to Isla. “My dear this isn’t a way for a young lass to speak if you were back in my times you’d be thrown in the stocks, not I, we have rankings you see rich and the poor there’s no inbetween.” He rolled his eyes at the constant insults “you done? We’ve shopping to be had no?” He gestured.
Riku looked at Isla “that was a little harsh don’t ya think?” He said motioning towards Gerard who you could visibly tell was putting on a front.

Gerard looked over at Vincent and towards Riku then back at Isla. “Honestly please read up phrases that were used in the 1600’s it’s a phrase meaning to stop talking rudely, alas one does not find comfort in this modern language that developed to make thee uncertain, also I wouldn’t want you as a slave what do you take me for? I’m an inventor I barely remember to do one’s basic needs when I’m squirrelled away.” He sighed. It’s all he felt he was doing since he met the little lass.
“Fine I’ll stop speaking!” He said crossing his arms looking the other way refusing to speak another word to her.

Gerard nodded “ahh, I see you must do well to be still standing and not behind bars, i applaud your efforts to stay under wraps and not be caught, that’s a tough trade on the quiet I presume? And yes I is him. We’re dropping the first to the military.” He smiled then turned back towards Isla. “Young lass if it was the opposite way you would struggle just as much as I? I’m much farther back than Vincent here and you both my words are a lot harder to adapt to know considering we had such small vocabulary. I’ll do my best if you can teach me the ways.” He said humbly as he played around with the picket watch in his hand.

Riku looked at Isla and blinked “errrm, thanks I guess…” he said as he took the money.
“I think he needs a bit more than suiting and booting so good luck?” He said with a slight giggle. “Oh, The food sure court we will meet you there later here take my number and you can call us when your done!” He said showing her his number.

“Yeah still studying it’s taking its toll but yeah. Games designing it’s pretty neat been working with this indie company on a prototype of a RPG it’s pretty draining but helps with my studies and experience.” He smiled and nodded “yeah that would be off the hook! Would love that thanks!” He said excited someone else was just as interested and an article…fancy that!

Riku looked over at Vincent “oh I see… I’m sorry to hear that. To be honest most girls are all the same want the cute guy to look cute with but when it comes to deep crap.. they leave to find the next hot guy.” He sighed. “I can see why everyone saw you as a catch though. The hot bad guy all the girls want right?” He said not making eye contact as he said those words.
“That makes sense, don’t you find it gets overwhelming though? Like you have to keep up a certain appearance?” He asked shyly as he looked up and he saw his crush stood before him.
When Vincent promoted the question Riku retracted just a little more behind Vincent “errrrm, it’s no one just some guy I know….yeah some guy….just don’t let him see me” he pleaded.

Riku scrambled on the floor picking up the pieces until he heard his name ring through his body as his crush spoke, he looked up for just one moment “Kasper, Hi…..fancy seeing you here?” He said nervously.
“Friend oh Errm, well you see kinda sorta …he landed in one of the apartments by me and wanted to know where the local stores were so… tadaa” he said wanting to just crawl in a hole what the heck was he saying.
“Oh I guess not, I’ll get it fixed though no sweats” he said rubbing the back of his neck until he saw the cuts on Kaspers hands “shoot are you okay? This is my fault I’m sorry.” He said.
As he was prompted by another question he looked at Vincent and back at Kasper “this is Vincent” he said quickly.
Riku looked at the cuts and had a small cloth in his bag he brought out trying to assist with cleaning kaspers hand.
“Yeah but still, it’s good to see you again” he said looking at Kasper while standing beside Vincent.

"The USA is a messed up place. And was in the past, get used to it." Isla muttered. Her intense rude facade fell away as she kept hurling whatever insult she could come up with. Her eyes closed whenever she said anything more. "Fine then throw me into the stocks. Throw me to the rats, then it would be clear i'm not messing around." She snapped. "If you have a voice, use it. Instead of cowering away. But course people are dumb and throw riots every single day over useless things but some are worth standing up for." She muttered to herself. "Yes i'm done." She looked at Riku and didn't say anything for a few moments. "Someday you will understand. Perhaps i have been too hard but when I grew up, I was taught there was no end to teaching someone the way of life, albeit quite intense their methods were but it was for the best.." She patted his shoulder with a sad smile. "I'll apologize to him when I have a chance, don't worry about it." When he went on another one of his tangents, Isla said nothing more and when he said he wasn't going to speak, she just gave a small sigh before turning to Vincent and oggiling over him.

"I pride myself in that, it's the key to doing some on the riskier side. Stay down low or be a in the middle of white sheep. Ripe for the picking." He said, reaching for a cigar. "It is but if people aren't barking like dogs to the public, it's efficient on getting the money rolling. But the primary group that buys us out, are more interested in getting high than quacking our business out." He lit the cigar and took a small puff. "Loan sharks are also a branch of our mob, I am not a part of that but it's an easy way to get good investments and strong alliances so i ain't saying nothing bad about it."
Isla looked at him and shrugged. "Sure. what time is good for you? we can do it tomorrow morning or something. I can pick you up or jot down my address for you, whatever you prefer." She said taking out a notepad and writing down her address and handed it to Gerad.

"Of course, if you need anything, you can call, text whatever. I'll be there to respond." She said giving him a smile. "I know we just met but you remind me of someone and well, it may sound weird but i don't want to let you go." She didn't say anymore as she inputted his number into her phone, waved goodbye then walked over to Gerad and dragged him over to a clothing rack and see what he thought of what was on it"This? or this? it fits your build and the warmer colours to match your skin tone. It's easy to tell what you fit, it's either brown or black. You look better in brown because black is too harsh because you have a warmer feel. If that makes sense?" She said, handing him a simple T-shirt and jeans with shoes. "it's better to be lax on the clothing. A watch would bring it together. It's a pocket watch but on your wrist."

Vincent gave a half-hearted shrug. More interested in seeing what a kiosk was selling. "Not all women are like that, just a couple of them. Same with men. I have no gripes against her for going off with someone she wanted to be with. it was an arranged marriage in the first place. As soon as we met, she expressed her hate for me. I didn't reciprocate it but just gave her a nod and left. I wasn't going to stop her from finding her true love." He mused over the thought. "I suppose that's what people see. That's what they want to say and i'm happy to give them to it." He stopped and looked at a candy store in front of them. "Ah no not really. Being from a powerful family, that's become your life. Even when they died, people needed someone to step up. I don't mind it. You get used to it after a while." He said, watching Riku's eyes travel to a certain person behind them.

"Isn't it? Ezra told me you were still held up in your apartment this morning. So imagine my suprise seeing you here." He said as he reached down to help Riku with his phone. "Oh is that so?" He said looking up at Vincent who gave a nod. "I like your style, it looks the same as mine." He noted, brushing away the hair that fell over his face. His face winced when he bent a bit too far, his back sending a small shot of pain up his spine. "Don't worry about it, i was the one who picked up the pieces of the phone instead of waiting to find a janitor." He said, waving Riku off. "Ah hello Vincent." Kasper said, giving a wave before taking the rag from his bag. "Thank you. I best be on my way but it was nice running into you Riku." He patted Riku's head before leaving with his friends.

Vincent watched Kasper go before looking over. He tugged on Riku's arm and motioned to where the food court was on the second floor. Gerard and Isla were visible, leaning near the banister. Isla explaining all the food options they had while holding a couple bags most presumably holding Gerard's old clothes. Vincent walked up the escalator with Riku following close behind, they both met with the other two and entered the food court. After finding out what they all wanted to eat, Isla went with them all to order and pay. Vincent got some grilled kabob. Chicken,rice,naan bread and tzatziki. Along with some lettuce and other assorted vegetables. Isla got a large smoothie and a salad. They sat near the back of the food court, chatting about various things. Isla was mostly the one talking while Vincent kept to himself and watched every single person he could set his eyes on. When Isla questioned him, he just stated he was trying to get familiar with what people did at a mall these days.

“It seems that way still by what your saying?” Gerard said as he looked around.
“Young lass must you be so brash your now going off on a tangent here.” He said waving her off before sighing. “Good I’m glad your done, was starting to think this was more than just what I did.” He chuckled.

Riku nodded lowering his head “I can understand that, it’s better to be able to know the ways of life from a young age to truly understand how harsh this world is. And I’m sure their methods are of what needed to be taught, the world is tough and doesn’t forgive lightly. So best to be taught it.” He smiled back at Isla. “I’m sure you will just don’t leave it too long okay?.”

Gerard nodded as if he understand what Vincent was saying. “I see low enough to stay out of the forefront but blended enough to be needle in a haystack thee doesn’t wander where thou foul lay motherless.” He said and nodded when he saw Vincent pull a Cigar. “I say old chap, you have a Big Cigarette there?” He motioned towards the lit cigar placing the small cigarette he had down beside him and grabbing Vincent’s Cigar from his hand without asking and taking a puff out of it inhaling the taste and smell as if it were a scented candle burning away, followed by small continuous coughing “my, my this is something, by golly that’s strong, what it in good sir?” He questioned passing it back and gathering by himself from the frequent coughs that folks led and them resume to intake his own cigarette “So Your quite the man of the scene, the man that breaks the yonder window without a crack to be made.” He said taking the cigarette to the side puffing out a smoke cloud.

Gerard looked at Isla up and down before nodding “dawn, we start at the moment morning has broken. You can jot your address I’ll get the boy here to find it for me.” He noted.
Riku nodded “thanks I appreciate that a lot and hope you know it’s the same for you also! Oh I remind you of someone? Interesting. Is that a good or bad thing?” He asked nervously. “Don’t wanna let me go? Huh give of the little brother vibes here I guess.” He chucked “I’m flattered”
He said as he waved her off.

Gerard looked at each item on the Rack Isla lifted up with a disguised expression he whined “why can’t I have something fancy?” He asked but was ignored as Isla still kept looking until she said she knows what fits his build, “my build? Warmer tones? This you want me to wear this?” He grumbled it wasn’t that he didn’t like it, actually he adored it but he loathed the fact he liked it so much giving her that “I told you so” moment.
He smiled when she held the watch up to him “a pocket watch on your wrist? That is dandy.” He said looking at her and sighing “thank you for modernising thee.M’lady!” He said bowing to her in the middle of the shop.

Riku listens intently as Vincent spoke “that’s still awful and makes it no better glad the whole “arranged marriage” isn’t much of a thing anymore I’d hate to not be with the one I love in the first place, saw that happen in history before was all over the news, documentary on it also.” He looked at the kiosk also “anything catch your eye?” He asked.
“I suppose i mean I don’t know it’s complicated I mean kinda glad I’m like a ghost no one notifies or cares about I just lurk around in my non existing planes, studying, lack of sleep hoping for something I know will never happen, sorry to hear about your parents, I lost mine too. I’ve been on my own since I was 14.I never got taken in by anyone was just left at a shelter until it burned down and literally had to work on a plantation and sleep on the out shed till I was 16. But having to keep up everything must have been tough? I’m guessing you did it all by yourself too?” He asked but found his eyes wandering to the person walking behind Vincent.

“It’s, indeed! Oh he told you that? Wait he tells you that?…Never mind, I was caught up I still have 87,000 words still to do only made 30,000 before I zoinked out!” He said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.as he then resumed to pick up the rest of the pieces. “Oh I can imagine, I didn’t think you’d notice me to be honest, it was a nice surprise to see you hear, tell Ez I’ll pop over to see him later, I have his book to give back anyways.” He nodded.
“No, no I insist lemme help you!” He said cleaning up Kaspers hand slightly wincing as he touched the hand and could feel the flush of red leaking on his face. “It’s my fault for dropping the phone.”
“Oh sure was great seeing you too, I’ll catch you later when I come by and see Ez, have a great time!” He said smiling. With a slight chuckle as Kasper ruffled his hair and he began waving Kasper off and as Kasper turned his back Riku melted to the seat. “Ohhhh that couldn’t have gone any worse, im over I should hide in low existence FOREVERRRR!” He said throwing his head onto the table pulling his hood over in shame.” For a moment.

Riku felt the nudge and looked up “oh yes! The food court lets go they better be done by now hopefully he won’t see me again here or else for sure he’s gonna tell Ez I lied to him to hang out with new people I never told him about, arghhh I’m toast. Let’s get this over with.” He said dragging his feet as he walked next to Vincent.

As they reached Isla and Gerard, Gerard looked at them both and just placed his arms out “what does thou think of such a transition of time? Ranger dashing no?” He said making some poses that Riku quickly grabbed his arm to stop doing. After the demonstration of his step I got he future after figuring what he wanted he took a roast chicken half with some vegetables and gravy poured over and asked for a chandy when’s he was prompted it was no findable in a food court he opted for water begrudgingly. Riku however took the classic Hamburger and fries with a cola.
Gerard was admiring himself and looking over at Isla “so what do you do? Stylist that your title lass?” He asked taking a sip of his drink.
While Riku was lost in a blaze also hypersensitive to looking around he was trying to see if he could find Kasper. When Gerard noticed he looked at Isla “what’s with these two?” He said cutting a piece of chicken and taking a bite. “So teach me a phrase young lady?”.

Last edited:
"Oh the stuff i can go on by how much the U.S has gone back to what we fought against. Like all those decades, centuries we were against a certain thing and now in the modern age, it's being taken away. What a hilarious world we live in." She muttered. "Ya whatever. I'm still not letting you off the hook though so remember that." She stated. She looked over at Riku and gave a nod. "The sooner you know, the better you are prepared for the future. So it doesn't hit you in the face later. The world isn't a nice place, i don't think it ever will be so savour the few good things in your life before there gone. Try not to mistake what you have with what you hate." She advised. "Something my mother told me quite a lot. It stuck with me because...even the people..the things you hate could be gone and soon you would be wishing they were back. And i won't i'll make sure of it."

"Exactly. Not stick out like a sore thumb they say. It wouldn't do me or the business much good if the face of the company is out and about, wearing the brightest colours one could see before they're blinded." He said, tipping his head back as a puff of smoke blew into the air. "Correct. i like the intense and big ones." He was about to go on when he stopped, quite surprised when Gerad plucked the cigar out of his mouth to taste it. "Ah, it's the strongest one on the market I could get. It is quite intense when you first try it but when you get used to it, it's like any other one. It's the only thing that quenches the thirst for something stronger. My lungs are used to it but your's...not so much." He said, a small chuckle could be heard. He took it back and looked at it for a second, questioning if he should use it now after Gerad used it. He held it between his fingers but didn't use it as he listened to Gerad. "That's what i was born to do and i'll do it till the day I die. I have an empire underneath my belt, i can not act aloof about it."

"That early? Ok." Isla shrugged as she handed the paper to Gerad. "Is 10 ok? Not at the break of dawn but that's when i can squeeze you in after i had my coffee and not looking like a zombie." She added the time to the paper as well. "Yes you do, and good. He was a great person and you act just like him." She said as she made a contact profile for him. "Mhm. It's been a while since i felt that. Have fun you two!" She said waving them off. "The food court remember!? Ok goodbyeeee!" She yelled after them as she went into the clothes store.

"Fancy my ass." She shot back. "What did i say about being mediocre as to not draw attention?? This works perfectly, simple and really shows off your physical features in a more..simpler way. The jacket was cute but it felt like..choking you. Restricting if that makes sense, go for a lighter more flowy feel." She stated. "Yep! Works like a charm, here." She led him over to a jewelry display and some watches were seen on the spinning racks. She spun it a couple times to find one that matched his outfit along with a gold necklace. "Doesn't this look dashing?" She smirked as she looked him up and down in his new outfit. When he bowed she immediately shoved him behind a clothing rack. "You dolt!" She whispered. "Don't do that in public. People are going to think you look insane. Now let's go." She said, taking his arm and exiting the store.

"Mhm. Not many are pleased with a choice like that made by their parents or another family member but it didn't affect me much so i didn't mind." He said. "Not really, just seeing what these do..these uh....what are these again?" He asked. "Oh kiosks. Right. Right..people just..order whatever...? Amazing." He muttered. "And these. Vending machines right? we have these as well but I never bothered with them, way too unreliable." He sighed. "Is that so? I guess we do have something in common then, but that's where it ends. I didn't end in the streets but rather my parent's estates with servants and maids to babysit me but I was more independent than that, which is how i was able to take over my family's business earlier. Keeping up with everything is just another thing to the life of a SyVeran. You get used to it."

"He doesn't come to me with your whereabouts everyday. I asked him because it was regarding your birthday gift that you always asked me if it was ready everyday. It took so long because i had other orders to fill and i only started it on your birthday. It's finally done so i wanted to see when you're available to give it to you but you weren't responding so I asked Ezra about where you were." He stated. "Oh is that so? That's quite a lot." He mused. "Oh i always notice my brother's best friend. I like to be well acquainted with who is hanging out with him. And of course." He said as he dropped the items into the bag. "Everyone's a little clumsy every once in a while. Thank you." He said as he wrapped his hands up with bandages. "Of course, you too. Goodbye Riku."

Vincent looked at Riku and said nothing for a moment, watching Kasper leave. "Why are you so flustered around him? He is just your friend is he not?" He questioned, looking back at Kasper then Riku. "He's your friend. Right?" He said again. His face is unchanged but his tone was a bit colder. "You spent quite a bit of time over..your friend." He sped walked to the food court, leaving Riku trailing behind. "It looks nice on you." Vincent said, giving a nod before eyeing the food stalls. He sat down first with Gerad schooching next to him. "I think so!" She said proudly. "Riku, what do you think? It works good in this timeline and fits him nicely." When Gerad asked about Vincent and Riku she laughed. "Vincent seems to be a people watcher and Riku over here, is looking to make sure his crush didn't see him." She giggled, nudging Riku. When he asked how she knew she gave a chuckle. "You can't hide anything from me, you know that right? I heard your little..conversation with him and if your actions or tone didn't say anything about how you felt about him, i don't know what will!"
"Oh right. Well for starters, now bowing. That isn't used anymore. As for phrase...uh..." She went on for the rest of lunch teaching Gerad and Vincent who occasionally paid attention to her about common american phrases and slang.

“Riveting positively!” Gerard said wondering what can of worms he’d just opened. He then went on to look puzzled “hooked what hook, m’lady i’m no catch of the day you know?” He said shocked and partially not understanding what she meant.
Riku looked at Isla “is that a statement your telling me from experience or something you were taught?” He questioned as he leaded against the wall. “ I’m surprised you took such a negative outlook from what was said. You don’t seem the type to think that negatively. There’s more to life than the things you hate, it’s all bad, sure things can get crap, but doesn’t mean you have to focus on the things you hate all the time, the things you love and cherish but don’t realise can always go just as fast.” He said speaking humbly. He looked up and noticed everyone staring. “Was it something I said?” He asked.

“Well I dunno me old chap, your handsome that’s enough to make you stand out more than you’d like I believe, I bet women Fawn over you, swoon till morrow, I think the men wouldn’t drop the chance eye up what’s in store.” He said with sly smile.
Once Gerard took the cigar to try for himself after a moment of choking slightly from its intensity, he passed it back rather rapidly “your not far off the slingshot truth there me old chap.” He said waving the smoke cloud away. “Well cigarettes have only been out a few months.” He said through a couple of coughs. Gerard looked up at Vincent “something wrong? Come on my good sit I come from riches I don’t have the plague…” he said slapping Vincent on the back “and aloof you shall not” he smiled at him before turning to Isla and Riku.

“Well I’m sorry but must everything be run on your demanding schedule, I’ve got things to do, parts to make, people to see, appearances to be made.” He said closing his eyes and sighing.
“Fine just before elevenses shall do.” He sighed returning to stand by Vincent “a demanding Little lady she not?”
“Huh, that’s interesting thanks I guess.” Riku said with a small flattered smile. “It has? Thanks, see ya good luck once again you’re gonna need it!” He waved her off. “I’ll remember! Bye!”

“Excuse me fancy is my family name.” Gerard spat back. “I’m sorry but “Modern” doesn’t exactly thrill me, I’ve never worn anything less than the finest tailorings.” He scoffed.
He tilted his head trying to get the image that she was seeing “what if I get cold and want the jacket? Hmm?” He questioned. Sighing and then nodding “fine I guess I still will look dashing no matter what you throw me in.”
He admired the watch and couldn’t stop staring at it “this is extraordinary!” He then was shown a gold necklace he wore straight away. “I suppose I do make this work and could be far with say….Dashing.” He said admiring himself in the mirror.

When Gerard proceeded to bow in thanks, he was shoved into a clothing rack “what’s wrong with thanking you now!” He exclaimed.
“I mean haven’t you told me this enough thst I look insane what’s wrong with a few others feeling it too hmm?” He snickered as Isla took his arm and they proceeded to leave the store.

Riku nodded understanding what Vincent meant “I guess that explains a lot then, I wouldn’t be hard on her for wanting to go for someone she loved saves you the heartbreak too!” He comforted.
“Errr, it’s a kiosk you can purchase or browse things here, something take your fancy?“he asked as he also browsed. Riku shrugged “I guess they are only great for drinks and food on the go if your busy or… you know can’t a,ways afford the shop stuff” he sighed looking down at the money Isla gave him. She knew she must have About his money problems.
”well I guess it makes sense I mean back in them times you had no choice but to be strong even though things could be handed to you on a silver platter if you wished but better to do it independently“ he smiled. “You have a lot on your plate though don’t you feel the weight on your shoulders with it all.” He asked curious about Vincents life in the past.

”oh, yes I see, I almost forgot about that” he said knowing full well he thought of nothing else “ oh well, I got a little caught up with my assignments and then an unfortunate chain of events happened that diverted me from my phone and we’ll know it’s shatter……” he said with a sad tone knowing he couldn’t afford to replace the phone, want was next Ezra thinks he’s been lying to him and didn’t want to hang with him?
“Wait you always know about me.? And be acquainted I mean you do look out for Ez he has told me many times of how much of a great big brother you are?“ he smiled nervously. “no worries of course it’s my pleasure and sorry about your hand again thanks for understanding though. I’ll catch you later for sure!” He waved Kasper off blushing and hiding it as best he could.

Riku was startled with Vince to question “ I erm, well you see erm well I…… kinda…..sorta have a crush on him and I know don’t have to tell me it breaks the code don’t crush on your best friends brother.” He said sighing “we met outside away from Ezra being around and we got on so well and I don’t know there is something about him just sends butterfly’s when he’s around” he looked at Vincent ready to be judged. “another secret yeah I spent a lot of time over there well mainly because I know Ez worries about me not eating as i can’t afford food sometimes and been threatened to be kicked out several times so he offers me to stay over a lot.” He smiled.
“thanks me old chap!” He said as he followed Vincenot for food taking note of the food he was picking “you like this type of food eh interesting“ he commented nosing over the food maybe hinting to try some without asking.
Riku looked over after looking round trying to see if Kasper was about and gave a once over on Gerald “you did good Isla, that style looks good on you Gerard you look spiffing.” He said resuming to look round once again. Gerard nodded ”I see i get Vinnies point from his background always obserrve never know who is watching but Riku? Crush who is she. where is she?” He as,Ed looking round making it purely obvious and Riku pulling him to sit back down as Isla nudged him “ I’m just cautious that’s all it’s nothing don’t mind me” he said nervous,y “now come on who is she that lass over in the corner or that one by that man there” he said pointing them out. Riku buried his head into the table. Embarrassed once more “wait so you think he knows I like him? I’m sure he’s with someone or not into guys at least I saw him hanging with a girl often I don’t know if they are just friends or what but he’d never say yes to a guy like me not considering Ez” he sighed. Gerard took a sip of his drink and patted Riku on the head “it’ll work out I’m sure your get her soon” he said naively.

Gerard listened carefully taking in some of the new phrases repeating thrmntill he got them and noting the do’s and dont’s with Riku looking at Isla he asked “ can Gerard come back with you and Vincent for a few hours I need to spend some time with Ez and Kasp if that’s okay?” he asked softly as he looked up seeing in the distance once again Kasper.

"No i meant..Like fishing. When you catch one you don't want to let it go? It's saying how i'm not going to let you off so easily, I may give you a free pass here but that doesn't mean i will next time?" She said, explaining it to the best she could. "Mmm..both. My parents after the uh..incident that hit them in the face like a cannonball, they were more philosophical and wouldn't let me hear the end of it. Of course from other life experiences, i learned things i would have never thought of if it never happened to me." She sighed. "Oh well..." She stammered, struggling to come up with a reason. "It's..just something that shines negativity..?" She was quite apprehensive with answering and stumbled over her words as if she was never asked this before or perhaps, never wanted to hear it come from someone's mouth. "Oh i know that, it's like if you get rid of everything you think is flawed. As if just one little thing in a mountain of goodness makes it all bad. You lose the things you love." She agreed, when Riku questioned why everyone was looking at him she gave a small shrug. "Not sure, i guess you were making a statement or scene and people stopped to listen??"

"Is that what you think? i guess it has some truth behind it, i never went one day without a single marriage proposal arriving in the mail. Usually it was the woman but sometimes i got letters from the woman's father asking if i was interested in his daughter(s)" He mused. "Ah men? it is quite frowned upon to do so, not as much in the later years but still you're seen as an outcast. Chastised, disowned and more. So being gay isn't very much..accepted in the community. Though there are a few queer movements in the more populated cities." He noted. "They are a staple in the community, one could not go without their trusty cigar for more than a few hours. Heck a few moments if they were desperate."
"Well, you used my cigar, I'm not the type to share my cigars." He frowned. "Either way, you still used it. Rags or riches." He tossed it into the trashcan and lit a new one. He flinched from the sudden slap to the back, giving a look at Gerad before returning to smoke.

"Well you aren't doing those anytime soon when you're stuck with us so act like you're a regular middle class citizen. And it's not demanding, we have people waiting for us at the food court. We can't leave them hanging." She sighed. Vincent gave a look to Isla then Gerad. "She seems fine to me, i have been with more demanding people than her. I think you're just used to everything going your way or being on the lighter side. Or your just really impatient. Either could be true." He shrugged as he left with Riku.
"Well your going to now, i'm not going to bend for your spoiled tastes just because you said so. We are all sacrificing something so now you need to play your part." She grumbled, moving her hand through clothes hangers. "Sorry that it doesn't thrill you but it's either this or a trash bag. Take your pick."
"I'll get you a jacket but it's spring. And over here, not that cold. So no jacket for now." After she tossed him the items she gave him a pat on the back. "There you go, now go change quickly." She said, shoving him in the dressing rooms. "Of course it is, and you can make it work. You made it work in the past, you can make it work now. Let's go."

"You thank with a simple thank you and move on. No need to bow to me. plus it's seen as tacky unless we are cosplaying a prince or princess. Or in your case, prince and prince."
"Mhm but even then, i never really wanted to marry in the first place. Would i love to find someone to love me back? Of course, but it isn't my biggest concern. If i die single, so be it. At least i die happy in other ways."
"Ah..not really. Just wondering what it was. So it's instant food and drinks? How peculiar." He poked the screen and then the buttons. "This seems very shady, just random drinks coming out of nowhere?" When Riku questioned again about his past he gave a sigh. "So? I can take care of it, if i can take care of it then i can do it. If i can do it, then that's that. The weight on my shoulders might be grave but it is nothing someone like you needs to worry about. We all have our areas of expertise, someone like you doing a job like mine will suffer. But i will not."

Kasper gave Riku a chuckle. "Is that so? Work really must be getting to ya. Make sure to take a break here and there, assignments are brutal." He said as he brushed his hair out of his face. "Chain of events eh? Must suck, i can give you my old phone if you want? I don't use it anymore and you can use it till you get a chance to get a new one." When Riku tried to protest he gave a look. "I insist, you can pick it up when i give you your birthday gift alright?"
"Well no, but the one few items i ask Ezra i know. Just like today, but i don't know everyday." He shuffled around in his bag for his phone, taking it out and looking at the recent messages. "Ah he does? Well I try my best since our parents are out of the picture. I know he likes to talk about me to his friends but i didn't think it reached that extent. I hope he gave a good word about me." He joked as he waved Riku off.

Vincent looked at Riku with a frown. "A crush? As in romantically you have a feeling for him?" He stayed silent for a bit before rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "Ah, I see. I guess i can see it quite odd as you have a two year age gap, though i have seen..bigger ones. Does his younger brother know about this...ah feeling?" He asked. "Oh so you're on the...other side of the bar. Nothing to be ashamed of. You seem to have help coming from someone which must be quite beneficial for you." When vincent took the food to the table he looked back at Gerad. "Is something wrong? I just haven't seen this before and it must taste as good as it looks." Sitting down and getting ready to eat. "Would you like to try some?" He asked, offering his plate to Gerad. "It is a face a old friend made whenever he wanted to eat something me or someone else had. He was quite the foodie. I can see it a mile away."

"See?? I told you it would look good." She smirked, nudging Gerad. "He kept on fretting how he doesn't wear non finely tailored clothing and he has to dress to impress etc." She took a sip of her smoothie and chatted with Vincent about alcohol in the 1920's. "Cautious right..He just doesn't want his crush to see him with our looney pack." She said proudly. "I don't think so. he seems to be a bit on the oblivious side, i can see why you fell for him though. The charm and the looks are quite the nice trait to have. And how do you know that? Maybe ask around a bit or at least try to hint at it. If you don't make your move now, you're going to be one of those failed unrequited love stories." She noticed that despite Riku clearly using He/Him pronouns about his crush, Gerad still thought Riku's crush is a girl.

"Oh so your leaving me with the others while you go prance with your crush? How nice of you to offer." She muttered before laughing. "Go get him! Tell me everything when you get back! Toodles." She waved him off before rubbing her face. "Godddddd. It's always me..." She muttered before turning to Gerad and Vincent. "Alright, your stuck with me. What do you guys want to do? Do you want to stay at the mall or go somewhere else? I'm open to either." Vincent didn't say anything, still eyeing the people ordering from the kabob place he got his food from. "I'm fine with whatever. Gerad, what do you want to do?"

Last edited:
Gerad laughed at the comment “well I guess thou will be in for a treat.” He said sarcastically.
“I guess but do you always live in your parents words? You could live in your own you know?” He gestured. “Just a suggestion..” he followed.
Riku tilted his head “maybe try the wild side for a change, the negative outlook weighs heavy on you and your getting flustered trying to answer it. You see plain as day everything is far from perfect us included, but does that mean we should judge it so negativity just because your parents views things more negatively? Think about it, you dolls get trail for generations ain’t no one going to be happy. You could make the best thing that happens to you the worst with that outlook, think more balanced.” He said looking into the distance the wind blowing in his hair. “A statement for sure!” He muttered as he sighed.

“See your quite the daily catch me old chap. But I bet none of them were what you wanted, no, I bet you want more than just a fling, something more deeper with a bit more meaning but someone not scared by what you do. Yes I see it now.” He nodded “don’t worry a man liking a man causes you to go to the stocks and later men were killed for it..” he said quite nonchalant about the whole thing as if it were normal suppose to him, it was.
“I see, not a fan for sharing are we?” He starred Vincent down. “ whatever you Just wasted that Cigar nothing wrong with it. Was perfectly fine.” He stated.

“Fine, fine let’s go, can’t keep our Highnesses waiting now can we.” He mocked Isla before quickly waving his hands “I’m messing, I’m messing.”
Gerard looked over and sighed “here’s me thinking you were on my side. To be fair I have seen worse demanding so your probably right.” He nodded annoyingly.
“Your sacrificing something I have to give up my whole life in my time like little lass, I think you haven’t really given sacrifices.” He spat back.
“Why do you have to be so hostile? I thought one should be able to have a little say in what they want to wear,” he said also filing through the clothes.
“Fine if little lass knows he’s I’ll oblige.” He sighed grabbing the stuff and looking at it confused before he was shoved in the dressing room.
“Gerard stood admiring Himself in his new attire for just a moment he smiled and headed out to Isla.

“I see so much has changed.” He said noting the etiquette she was motioning unacceptable.
“Hmmm say the right. One may be closer than you think, you never know I mean sure you can be happy in other ways but, love is priceless.” He notioned to Vincent “sometimes you have to think outside the box” he smiled.

“Yea convenience at its finest, though it costs a nice penny too?” Riku said watching Vincent interested in the vending machine. “Shady perhaps but they are regulated and not out of no hare someone places them in and the mechanicals do the rest” he showed getting a can to demonstrate.
Riku nodded “yeah I guess that makes Sense, I don’t think I could do what you do whatever they is.” He said insure of what he just said.

“I will do don’t worry they do but that’s uni for you!” He smiled.
“Oh well I couldn’t?” He said when kasper offered his old phone but when he wouldn’t take no as an answer he sighed “fine thank you!”
“ I see that’s fair I mean I wouldn’t surprise me at all, and you better believe it that boy sings your praises all the time” he chucked as he then slumped down watching Kasper walk off.

“Yes romantically.” He sighed.
“The age gap ain’t the probables frankly it can be quite normal.” He said looking up to Vincent sharply “nope , he doesn’t know a thing I don’t know how I’d even tell him I have a. Rush on his brother.” He sighed even more “it’s tough.” He glanced up at vincent.

Gerard looked startled “I erm. Just wanted to try a bit it looked too tasty not too so if I may. He said peering over Vincent’s should mer he was practically chin to shoulder. “ yes Peale I’d love to try thanks let old chap!” He smiled grabbing any bits of Vincent’s food he could and wiping his mouth after “Ahhh delicious!”

Gerard mimicked Isla’s actions and walked to sit down “ i fretted over a lot and I have my reason and rights to do that” he followed.
“No it’s not like that I just said I was busy to my friend I just don’t want him thinking I lied to him that’s all.” He said stills worried.
“I guess so but still I’m sure he’s a mysterious as Ezra” he chuckled with a small smile.

“I guess but why would he go for some one like me in not exactly all that and a bag a chips now am I?” He said waving the possible idea way.
“Yeah I guess maybe tomorrow we shall see!” He said still searching the room.

“Just for a few hours is all I ask please!” He pleased. And when she agreed the smile beamed across his face “thanks I owe you one, Gerard be goods for Isla while I’m out!” He noded.
Gerard looked at Isla “you never really unless suppose They just like you enough to do this” he smiled.

“ can start lessons early perhaps? He suggested….. hmmm maybe here let’s head else where I think I wanna just check k the locks mapes. Before asking so checked.
Riku approached kasper and saw Ezra was there too he smiled them down after a few hugs he looked at them “can we got to yours for the moment as it would Probably be better that was so less eye are watching too and do avoid more questions”

As they all headed back Riku was with Kasper and Ezra laughing giggling ang hanging out having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back