• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Isabel could tell the formal event that recognized those in the Navy was something Dawson didn't favor. She never realized he found the dances to be such a bore but she took in the way he spoke and shrugged after he finished. I never realized he didn't like these dances. We don't have to go. I don't want him to be bored. "We can make other plans and not attend the dance, if that's what you want. I don't mind either way." The words she said were a lie. She wanted to go to the event. She adored formal events and loved having to dress up for them. She even had the dress for it but she would just pay Amelia back for buying it if they decided to make other plans. She just wanted to be with him no matter what they decided to do. "Whatever you want to do is fine with me. Promise. I just need to pay Amelia back because she paid for my dress." She said softly closing her eyes as she relaxed in the leather seat which provided warmth due to the seat warmers. She was looking forward to the Italian food they were going to eat.

Jayden chuckled softly as he watched Amelia continue to rock Addie, admiring her motherly skills. "She is a feisty little thing. She reminds me of someone else I know." Winking at Amelia, implying the someone was in fact her. Teasing the journalist was something he loved to do and Addie's feistiness did come from her aunt. It was an adorable type of feisty attitude though and it was one of the traits Jayden was attracted to when he first met Amelia. Watching the little girl wake up from her nap, she sipped her eyes sleepily and looked at her aunt with a big smile on her face. "Auntie, I'm hungry." She said with a giggle, laughing when Jayden teased her. "You're always hungry, Addie." He said, laughing when she became defensive. She truly was his favorite and he knew she was going to enjoy having a cousin soon. "I agree with Addie. I could go for some food."

"I'm just teasing, hun. If I really thought the balls were that dreadful I wouldn't have invited you. That was nice of Amelia though, I'm surprised you let her do that for you. You're so stubborn letting people do things for you." Maybe it's too soon to joke. She's still taking everything literally. My fault. Slow down. "We wouldn't want that dress to go to waste. I'm sure you'll look stunning in it. I'll have my work cut out for me showing you off to everyone," Dawson replied pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant, getting out. Dawson ran over to grab the journalist's door and locked the car behind him as they walked towards the entrance hand in hand as they should always be. "What do we feel like today?" Dawson asked her curiously, grabbing a menu from the hostess stand while they waited to be seated.

"Oh shush, I am not feisty, you better watch out," Glaring playfully in Jayden's direction Amelia turned back towards Addie, surprised she was awake already. "Well that was the shortest nap I've ever seen," Amelia teased, kissing Addie's forehead before she fixed the loose braid in her hair while the toddler and injured officer bickered back and forth. "Addie, don't let Uncle Jayden do you like that, all he ever does is ask me to bring him food." Laughing Amelia stood up, still holding onto her niece who clung to her neck when Amelia tried to set her back to her feet. When Jayden quit teasing and agreed food was needed, Amelia shook her head. "See, he was waiting for someone else to say something so he doesn;t sound needy. What do y'all want?" Amelia asked, looking to her niece for an answer.

Just breathe, Isabel. Stop being so difficult. Smiling when Dawson was quick to run and open her door, Isabel got out of the car, holding his hand as they walked into the nice restaurant, enjoying the sense of security and comfort the simple act of affection brought her. Watching Dawson grab a menu as they waited for a table, the photojournalist released an infectious giggle, filling the room with gleam. "I just want my usual, por favor. Chicken Alfredo and nothing less. Maybe a glass of Merlot to accompany it." She said softly, pouting when Dawson told her no wine for the day. "Not even just a glass, amore?" With her lip sticking out, she smiled when they were shown to their table, sitting across from the pilot and ordered a sweet tea to drink since she wasn't having any wine. "How's work been?" She asked him softly, curious and just wanting to have small talk. I'm really not looking forward to show season. He's going to be gone for so long but at least I can make it out to more shows for support.

Giggling, Addie looked between her aunt then her uncle, smiling as she thought about what exactly she wanted. "I really want something good. Like Chick-fil-A!" She said happily and excitedly, laughing when Jayden smiled and agreed. "That sounds really good, or we can get some wings." Jayden said, hopeful the little girl would agree, which she did happily. "I like that idea better! I can get buffalo wings!" Laughing, the youngster continued to wrap her arms around Amelia. She was always stuck to her like glue and never wanted to leave or let Amelia leave.

Looking up at Bel, Dawson smiled at her question, sipping his own tea before he spoke. Work. He completely drew a blank, even though he hadn't missed a day since he last saw her, Dawson never really focused on the tasks at hand, just went through the motions while Isabel consumed his thoughts. I haven't had time to think about work, just you and whether you would be able to forgive me but I can't tell you that, it'll make me look overly sensitive and dependent on what you think of me. "Work is nothing too exciting, just preparing for the shows and keeping things in oder until then. How about for you? Any new exciting upcoming assignments you're pondering about taking? How do you like picking and choosing? Hopefully, you're treating yourself well. You deserve it."

"You are definitely my niece, it's the only plausible explanation for how you acquired a love for buffalo wings so young," Shaking her head, Amelia nodded at the request. "Alright then, let's go get some lunch and bring it back for everyone ask mommy and grandma what they want." Addie down for a moment so she could take everyone's orders, Amelia grabbed her purse from the chair in the corner of the room where she was sitting before the Carsons arrived. She just finished her late breakfast before they arrived but she was hungry enough to eat again. "I'll be right back, don't get too comfortable with them," Them being her sister and mother. She didn't want Jayden to divulge too much information about their future plans no matter how hard he was pressed and she hoped he could get away without telling them too much, mostly because she didn't want to hurt their feelings with where the couple decided to move.

Giggling softly, Isabel smiled as she listened to him and nodded. "I am treating myself nicely. I worked my butt off with Dallas Morning News but that's alright. It was a really good start for me." She explained softly, sighing softly. "As far as any assignments, I have a few in mind and willing to do but those are secrets for now." Winking, she sipped on some more of her tea, laughing at Dawson's annoyance. Is he hiding something? He seemed to avoid talking about work. Maybe it really is just passing time until shows. "Are you ready for show season to be back, Six? You get to be the show off as always. Just don't go and give me horrible anxiety this season, please."

"I'll try not to. I hope they don't pressure me too much while you're away." He said softly before biting his lip, kissing Amelia gently before he watched her leave and laughed when Addie opted to stay with her uncle, climbing into his bed with him again. "Well hello there, love bug. Welcome back. How was your nap?" He asked her with a gentle smile, holding her as close as he possibly could without hurting himself. Smiling when Brooke and Emily decided to make small talk that the officer was perfectly fine with. He wasn't planning on revealing to them his and Amelia's plan on where they were moving. Now wasn't the time and he really didn't want to hurt their feelings.

"I can't make you any promises, love, how anxious you get watching me is out of my control." Winiking at her her, Dawson continued to chat with the love of his life while they enjoyed their lunch together. I'm so thankful we made amends. I don't deserve her, but I'll do anything to keep her from now on. Lesson learned. "But of course I'm excited, it's been too long since I've had the opportunity to be much of a show off. I don't think it's cool you're keeping your work a secret though. That's not fair. Whatca got up your sleeve there, investigative journalist?" Dawson was happy to have this time with Isabel, he missed her and soon their schedules would go back to being chaotic and hard to match up. Dawson knew with Amelia slowing down in her career given her new circumstances, Isabel would assume it would be her responsibility to pick up the slack to reach their goal. Dawson knew Isabel well enough to know she was thinking now was not the time to pass up work opportunities. It slightly worried Dawson that Isabel would overwork herself but he tried not to think about it for now.

Laughing softly at the pilot sitting across from her, Isabel shrugged her shoulders. "I have a lot up my sleeve but the latest I've been looking into the minorities in the north, specifically Chicago. Some protests have started again and I want to get in on the inside." She explained softly, happily eating the calamari they ordered as an appetizer. "The story I followed on the cartel is coming along well. I have my photos ready and the documentary is taking a bit longer then I expected but it's good." She added, rubbing her hands together happily when her chicken alfredo arrived and was placed in front of her. "This looks so amazing." She said happily, grabbing the Parmesan cheese from the side and looked at Dawson. "What? I'm not going to put that much this time." Liar. Pour it all in there. Pouring some cheese on her plate, she didn't put as much as she normally did, allowing Dawson to have some cheese as well. This time alone was something they needed and Isabel was glad they made amends. She couldn't picture herself spending her life with anyone else but him and losing him is something she never wanted to feel again.

The way Isabel talked about her career was something Dawson rarely ever saw in other inviduals. The way her expression instantly lit up, giving her an infectious glow warmed his heart. Her impact on the world was something he knew he himself would never achieve but he considered himself blessed to know somebody with such a brave and courageous soul. The way she carried herself and the way the pilot knew she would stop at nothing to be what the people needed was an honorable notion. If was because of this Dawson began to ponder deeply about why journalists like Isabel, who just wanted to help tell people's stories and promote truth were portrayed so badly, so unjustly in modern society. It didn't make sense to him at all but he knew the best thing he could do was support her through every decision she made. I'm so proud of you. "Sounds like you for your hands full," he comment with a shake of his head as he watched her reach for the cheese she always cleaned out. "Don't lie just to please me. You're going to use it all like you always do." Laughing when she stopped herself and handed it to him, Dawson analyzed just how much was left before he gave her a slight nod in approval. "I'm impressied with your resistance to temptation. This is a serious issue we need to work on."

As both couples continues to work through their own set of challenges, some good was finally in the works for both of them. The snow was freshly falling and the seasonal enthusiasm was at its peak. With two days until Christmas, Amelia nearly jumped from her bed. She didn't get much sleep last night because she was trying to make sure everything was perfect for Jayden's homecoming. He was coming home today. Normally, it wouldn't have been permitted but Lauren was a Saint and agreed to keep a close eye on the officer. Lauren knew how important it was for both Amelia and Jayden for him to go home for the holiday. No one wanted Jayden to spend his first Christmas with Amelia in a hospital room. Today was the day and Amelia was on the run. Getting up, she jumped in the shower and dressed in a heavy set of layers before she texted Isabel. "Good morning! Have fun at the dance tonight! Don't party too hard. Love you." Walking into the kitchen, Amelia reheated a cinnamon apple muffin from the match she bakes last night and went to answer the door at the knock she heard, Chloe following st her feet barking protectively. "Shh girl, it's just Nick," Amelia replied in a giggle, opening the door to let the officer in. He agreed to come with to retrieve Jayden from his white prison as he referred to it. Taking Nick into a hug, Amelia embraced him tightly out of excitement. "Hi, Nick!" Amelia exclaimed in another giggle pulling him inside, away from the snow that now laced his hair. "You're my favorite for coming to my aid in this horrific weather. Can I get you something?" Amelia was in her usual bubbly mood for the first time in what seemed like ages, for once everything was going right.

Nick was more than happy to oblige to Amelia's request in helping her bring Jayden home. He was really proud of Lauren being able to get Jayden releases earlier than he should. Nobody wanted him to stay in the hospital for the holiday. Accepting the hug from Amelia, the officer walked inside to escape the light flurries of snow. Laughing softly at Amelia, he smiled before he nodded. "I would do anything for you and Jayden, no questions asked. No need to thank me." He said softly, walking to the couch where he took off his heavy coat and sat down. "I'm okay. I just had some food but I do like how tidy the house is. He's going to be really happy to be back home." He said with a smile, petting the boxer who ran over to him excitedly. "Well hello there, Chloe. Are you excited because Jayden's coming home? I know you've missed him."

Returning back to her apartment after an early morning run, Isabel looked down at her phone and smiled gently at what she read. "Good morning, Lexus! I'm glad Jayden's going home today! Love y'all!" Hitting send, Isabel went to her bathroom, showering to get rid of all her sweat and smiled gently as she got out, being able to relax entirely. In merely her bathrobe, Isabel walked out of her room to the kitchen, smiling when she saw Dawson there making something. He must have stopped by while she was showering but she was happy to see him. "Good morning, Six." She said softly, walking over to him, giving him a gentle kiss. "I'm happy to see you here, cooking breakfast. Are you ready for tonight?" She asked excitedly.

"Awe, Nick, you're too good to us," Amelia replied happily, eating her muffin while they chatted, laughing st his comment about her tidiness. "I think he'll be more bewildered that his house looks like a holiday spread." Watching Chloe put her nose in Nick's lap while he pet her Amelia giggled. "She'll be so happy to see him she still wanders around looking for him but we'll have to teach her to be gently. She likes to play rough with dad." Finishing her breakfast, Amelia smiled at Isabel's reply but was quick to get distracted from replying when Jayden texted to ask where they were. "Let's go, Nick!" Grabbing the keys from the counter Amelia ran out of the house and into the snow. She was ready to being home her officer.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Dawson replied dramatically, cracking a smile before he returned her kiss and turned back to the breakfast he was making them. "How was your birthday with Amelia? Did you find out whether you're having a niece or a nephew?" Dawson asked, his own excitement bursting through at the thought. A new baby was always an exciting occasion and excitement was something everyone needed after everything they were facing.

Laughing softly at the excitement in Amelia's eyes, the officer was quick to follow after her, running behind her to the car and quickly getting in. He knew she was ready to bring Jayden back and he completely understood. It was a nice thought to know Jayden was coming home and when they arrived at the hospital, Nick was quick to make it to the room behind Amelia and smiled when Jayden looked over at them with a bright expression, sitting on the side of his bed. "You made it! I'm ready to go home. I'm tired of this prison." Smiling, he kissed Amelia softly before pulling away and admiring the excitement present in her eyes. "I see you're just as excited as I am."

"My birthday was nice. Amelia's excited about the baby and I am too. They're having a baby girl who is going to be so loved and spoiled by me, her aunt." Isabel said with a laugh, continuing to watch Dawson make their breakfast. "She's going to be such a precious little thing when she's born." Isabel added, happy at the thought of having a niece from Amelia like she asked for several years ago. It was something Isabel didn't think would happen but Jayden was a great man for Amelia and Isabel wouldn't let just anyone be such an important person in her life.

"Of course I made it! You think I'd leave you here?" Amelia asked playfully before she returned the kiss, giggling at Jayden's comment of her excitement. "Maybe you won't be so excited when you see what I did," she teased, handing him the clothes he asked her to bring along with the jacket Amelia bought him before they started dating. "It's cold outside and I want you to be warm, do you want help?" she whispered after she kissed his cheek lovingly, giving him her hand when he reached for it. She knew he missed being close to her and she missed his presence. Jim coming home with her alive and better off than anyone expected was the best Christmas gift, besides their daughter of course but she was keeping that secret to herself for a few days. She didn't want Jayden to know she knew.

"A little girl, huh? So everyone got their wish. That's going to be a hard birthday present to beat so I won't I'll admit defeat right now, but here." Reaching over to the counter Dawson handed Isabel the small box that contained the bracelet she briefly mentioned a few months before. He knew she would like it so he decided to get it for her. She deserved it. "Happy Birthday," leaning into her, the pilot kissed her forehead before she opened the gift and turned to plate their breakfast while she did. "Like I said, it doesn't compare to a niece, but I know you'll like it."

Taking Amelia's hand, Jayden smiled as he shook his head. "I'll be alright. I just really missed being this close to you." He whispered, kissing her forehead before he slowly stood up with her help, walking to the bathroom where he happily put on the clothes she brought him. He was ready to go home and just hold Amelia close, never letting her go. He never wanted to be apart from her again and he never planned on it. He learned his lesson and knew never to be reckless again. It was exhausting but when he walked out inhis clothes, he smiled at Amelia who continued to beam with excitement, kissing her gently. "Are you ready to get out of here? Because I am." He said with a laugh before hugging his best friend who was waiting for the couple. "Thank you for watching over her. I'm sorry I was so reckless."

Isabel smiled when she watched him hand her a box. She didn't expect him to buy her anything for her birthday because he didn't have to but she blushed softly when his lips met her forehead. Opening the box, she gasped at the sight of the bracelet she had been wanting, becoming excited as she marveled at its beauty. "Aw Dawson, I love it. Thank you." She said softly, quickly putting it on as her smile never faded, leaning over and kissing him gently. "Thank you for my gift. It will compliment my dress rather for tonight's event." She whispered softly, taking the plate of breakfast food from him and walked to sit at the table, happily digging into her food the minute she sat down.

"It's too late for sorry, just don't do it again," Nick threatened with an intimidating glare before grinning to signal he was just teasing. "I'm sure Amelia has had more than her fair share of me and would prefer her softy boyfriend instead."

"You're not wrong," Amelia replied, rolling her eyes at the two men teasing each other. It reminded her of herself with her best friend. "Enough chit chat, boys, let's get home!" Taking Jayden's hand Amelia laughed when Nick grabbed the other. "I got you, buddy, if I'm going to third wheel home, I might as well get some amusement out of it."

Joining her at the table, Dawson smiled at Isabel's thanks, nodding in acknowledgment. "I'm sure it will compliment your dress nicely, but I won;t be looking at what you're wearing very much." Winking at her the pilot turned his gaze away from her, bracing himself for her reaction while he began to eat his own breakfast, not impressed by it much at all but didn't want to mention it in case Isabel felt the same way.

"I have a choice of words to say to you right now, but I'm not going to." Jayden replied to his best friend with a grin, walking to Amelia's car, happy to be out of the hospital. "I can't wait to be home. I miss my Chloe and being able to just hold my lovely girlfriend in my arms." The officer said softly, hugging Amelia tight once they made it out to her car. Looking at Nick, he smiled at him as well. "Care to grab some lunch? I can really use some food right now and I'm assuming you left your car at the house so we're going to lunch."

"Dawson Oliver Covington, stop it!" Isabel exclaimed, hitting his arm with a laugh, sighing softly before she smiled. "If you aren't going to enjoy what you see, then why would I let you enjoy what's underneath it?" Grinning, the journalist winked before she began to eat her breakfast across from him, admiring how handsome he looked in the mornings with his hair still a mess. "I can't wait to show off my dress." She said softly, sighing contently, enjoying her egg whites.

"Why would I want to eat with you, you smell like a hospital." Nick teased, shaking his head. "You should go home and I'll pick us all something up. Your lovely girlfriend hasn't slept." With a knowing glare he turned towards Amelia who in turned bit her lip. "You're such a snitch, Nicholas."

"It's my job, I was assigned to be your babysitter at the cripple's request." Taking the keys from Amelia he smiled at her caringly. "I'll drive us home, thank you."

"You're not welcome," in her usual sarcastic tone, Amelia surrendered the keys and joined Jayden in the backseat where she rested her head against his shoulder. She was exhausted, too anxious for Jayden's return to find her sleep but she knew she needed too for their daughter's sake. She wanted to tell Jayden he was going to get his little princess but she wanted it to be something special. However, the secret was nearly impossible to keep. Yawning, she closed her eyes while Nick drove back to the house in the snow, smiling at the feeling of Jayden's touch.

"I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy what you were wearing, just that I wouldn't pay much attention to it. I was just being honest, that's a thing you journalists like, right?" Arching his eyebrows questionably as if he was being serious. "I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in the dress, hun. But you already are gorgeous so it doesn't make a huge difference by what you wear."

Now the the backseat of Amelia's car, Jayden smiled at the feeling of her being so close, holding her hand in his own before he kissed her head. "Aren't you guys just the cutest." Nick said with a laugh, looking at the couple through the rear view mirror. It was always fun to pick on the power couple and the Nick laughed at Jayden's expression.

"We are very cute, thank you. I've missed her but keep your eyes on the road, Wells." He said with a grin before looking back down at the journalist beside him, admiring her beauty before he placed his hand on her stomach. "The baby's getting so big." He whispered softly, holding a sense of pride that the child within Amelia was their child. Someone he would love and protect until the day he died like the officer vowed to do with Amelia. No harm would ever come to his family.

Rolling her tongue against her cheek, Isabel stood with her arms crossed and all her weight on her right, smiling at the pilot. "You're such a suck up." She said with a laugh, sitting in his lap as she ran her hands through his hair, sighing contently before she put her head against his shoulder, taking in his scent. "I will always love the smell of your cologne." She said with a laugh, closing her eyes. "What do you want to do until the ball?"

Opening her eyes Amelia smiled up at Jayden, nodding in agreement, placing her hand over his. "I know," taking steady breaths, Amelia closed her eyes again, not moving from Jayden's shoulder. She didn't let herself fully commit to sleeping just yet though because she knew it wouldn't take long to get home and she wanted to help Jayden inside. Enjoying the silence between them for now, Amelia squeezed Jayden's hand when he matched his breathing to her own. She was at peace again in his presence for more than just a few hours at a time. After a few minutes of tranquil silence Amelia lifted her head from Jayden's shoulder, recognizing the sound of the tires as Nick pulled into the driveway. "Welcome home," she whispered softly, kissing Jayden's cheek before she slowly led him inside. Unlocking the door, she opened it and let the officer walk in first to find it extravagantly decorated for the holiday in two days.

"I'm a suck up? Okay," Chuckling, Dawson kissed the top of Isabel's head again, releasing a soft sigh at her question. "I don't know, I didn't plan that far ahead, love, I just wanted to see you. It's too cold to do much of anything. What do you want to do?" Taking their plates he walked back into the kitchen to wash them before diligently putting them back in Isabel's cabinets where he found them without thinking anything of it.

"I'm happy to be home, honestly." Jayden said softly with a content sigh, carefully taking Amelia's hand as he slowly began to walk into the house with her help, looking inside to see it fully decorated in the Christmas spirit. "It's beautiful in here, Amelia." He said softly, smiling at the woman who held his heart before walking over to the tree. Noticing how large it was, he became worried. "You didn't carry this yourself, did you?" He asked her, hoping the answer would be no. He didn't want her to hurt herself or the baby. When he was reassured Amelia hadn't carried the tree alone, he continued to admire how beautiful the decorations in the house were. "Christmas is so cozy and full of warmth."

"I agree with your statement regarding the weather. It is way too cold to do much of anything. I have to wear a heavy jacket tonight with the dress." Sighing, Isabel watched the pilot clean and store away the plates, smiling as she admired him. "Let's go workout!" She was only joking and couldn't hold back her giggle of playfulness. "I'm kidding. Let's just watch movies?" She suggested with a shrug of her shoulders.

"I'm offended that you think I would let her carry a tree four times her size in her by herself without a child, let alone with one," Nick chimed in walking in behind them, winking at Amelia as they exchanged glances. "I couldn't even get this tree in here on my own. I had to call in some help, it's massive."

"Yes, but it's stunningly massive and everything I dreamed of and I love it," Amelia chimed in excitedly. "Bel helped me decorate of course, if you couldn't tell. I think we did a nice job but sit. I have someone who is really excited to see you." Letting Nick walk Jayden to the couch, Amelia went to retrieve Chloe from the bedroom where she locked her in earlier because she didn't want Chloe jumping on Jayden the second he walked back into the house. Sliding inside the bedroom Amelia closed the door behind her and said her hellos to Chloe, laughing when she instantly got over excited at the scent of Jayden on Amelia's clothes. "Calm down baby, he's still hurting, we have to be careful," she whispered grabbing the leash and walking her out, nearly getting dragged from the room when Chloe made an impressive stride for her owner, yipping and squealing excitedly at his presence.

"Sounds like a plan to me, what cliche Christmas movie should we start with first. My favorite is Frosty the Snowman," he admitted with a chuckle. "I always thought it was underappreciated as a kid, too many are fond of the reindeer. He's cute and all but Frosty man, he's the best. When my sister and I were younger we tried to build him and bring him to life ourselves. When he never did, we were convinced we had the wrong hat and begged our mom to find it for us. She thought it was cute so she made us the hat, but obviously, she knew he wasn't going to spring to life so before we went out to play in the snow one morning, she took the hat and laid it in the snow where she left us a message in the snow from Frosty. We thought it was the best thing ever."

Jayden laughed softly at Chloe's yipping. He really missed the boxer and when she dragged Amelia over to him, he happily embraced the pup on his lap, kissing her nose, smiling when she licked his face excitedly. "Hi there, Chloe. I'm back and not leaving. I promise. I can tell ya missed me." Chuckling softly, he rubbed behind her ears like he knew she liked before looking up at Amelia with a smile. "You can let go. I'll be alright." He reassured the journalist, letting Chloe lay on the couch and rest her head on his lap. "I missed ya too, girl." He whispered softly, thanking Nick when he left to go get the three of them some food for lunch. Jayden could hear his stomach growling. "Get some rest please, Amelia." He said softly, patting the spot beside him for her to sit.

Listening to her boyfriend, Isabel smiled as she envisioned a smaller Dawson and how excited he must have been to make a snowman. "You're adorable." She said with a laugh, going to sit on her couch before she leaned against him when he sat beside her. "Can we watch the grinch?" She suggested with a smile, kissing his neck before she turned on the tv and began to scroll through all their movie options for the day. "I want some popcorn but it's still too early for it." Sighing, Isabel met Dawson's gaze and smiled. "Whatcha looking at, Six?"

Sliding into the spot next to Jayden Amelia giggled and shook her head. "I can't sleep right now, you just walked through the door," Amelia replied honestly before taking Jayden's free hand and interlocking it in her own. With Chloe sitting in between them, Amelia felt safe and content within these walls for the first time in a month. Amelia knew nothing would happen as long as Nick stayed with her, which he did a majority of the time to ensure her safety but there was something about Jayden's presence that made Amelia feel invincible. Maybe because of the way he swooped in and saved her life when she was bleeding out on her bedroom floor, she wasn't sure, all she knew was she was elated to have him back near her all the time and not miles down the road. I can't wait to leave here. Stay patient. We'll get through this, together. He's here and I'm not alone anymore. "What are we getting for lunch? I really want some barbeque."

"The Grinch it is," Dawson agreed happily, biting his lip as she inched closer towards him and returned her kiss on her lips. When they pulled away, the pilot just stared at her humorously for her comment about popcorn. He couldn't help but chuckle when she asked him what he was staring at. Shrugging his shoulders his smile grew wide. "Nothing, I just didn't know there was a time of day when popcorn became acceptable to eat. When does acceptable-popcorn-eating-time begin? Cause I'll get right on it."

"I think barbeque sounds really nice right now." Jayden said softly, smiling down at the woman sitting next to him. He missed being able to hold her this close against him, somewhere he knew she was safe no matter what happened. As he continued to hold her, Jayden took in her scent of apples and smiled as it filled his nose. He would always love this scent. I wish we could leave already. Start fresh but I'm still in pain. Looking at Nick, Jayden smiled when his best friend stood up. "I'll be back with our food. Any specific requests or just the usual?" He asked, eyeing Jayden as if telling him not to even try. Laughing, Jayden shook his head. "The usual is perfectly fine. Thanks, Wells."

"I'm just saying. I always thought popcorn was more of an afternoon snack. If you really love me, you would be a dear and go buy me a honey butter chicken biscuit from Whataburger before breakfast ends." Batting her eyes playfully, Isabel laughed softly before she kissed Dawson once more, setting up their movie. "I'm kidding but I do want popcorn now and maybe some pickle bites to go with it. Do you want some, Six?" She asked her boyfriend gently, walking into the kitchen where she began to make a bag of popcorn, still only wearing one of his oversized t-shirts and some Nike shorts.

With Jayden home and Isabel and Dawson at a truce, the harmony of the group seemed to come full circle, at least for a little while. The snow in D.C. still fell with what seemed to be an unmerciful force leaving a thick layer of snow across the ground, making it almost impossible to commute anywhere without succumbing to the harsh howls of the winds and the cruel slickness of the snow, casting everything in a dangerous wet layer of ice. Amelia had already lost her battle to the inclement weather today when she slipped coming off the escalators of the metro and onto the sidewalk that led way to The Post's office building. Luckily, she was able to catch herself before gravity made her a victim of her balance and its absence. In a dramatic gasp, she made an unattractive and desperate attempt to catch herself by grabbing the arm of a nearby bench. Catching her breath while still half leaning over, she hoisted the strap of her bag firmly back on her shoulder, feeling the stinging in her cheeks numbing her face. She was in a hurry to get to work because there was some major changes she just made to her latest story before she turned in into her editor today to make deadline. The case she had been following was currently undergoing a lengthy trial but after yesterday's testimony, the case was unexpectedly dismissed after the defense uncovered some damning forensic evidence that proved the suspect's innocence of the rapes he had been convicted of. WIth no other known suspects, this left the D.C. Police Department back to square one on trying to find the man responsible for a disturbing number of sexual assaults in the D.C. area, leaving many women, Amelia included once again on edge by knowing this sinister predator was still on the loose and possibly on the prowl for more women. Because of the nature of the case, it was receiving national attention, making Amelia Carson the reporter the nation was waiting to hear from. After a sleepless night of sitting next to a sedated Jayden and typing away furiously at a fatigue-inducing laptop screen, Amelia finished her draft of the dramatic events and sent them straight to her editor before she hopped out of bed and hurried into work. It was only five in the morning, a time of day Amelia never enjoyed but this was a priority. This was huge. Pace yourself. You're going to hurt yourself if you don't slow down and that's not something you can afford to do right now. Jayden needs you. He depends on you. You are the only contributor to this family..... Wow, great, already back to the stressful and overwhelming thoughts this early in the morning. Breathe. Catching her breath, Amelia tried to ignore the burning that ensued in her lungs when she took a deep breath of the sharp air but it was too unbearable. Releasing a heavy grunt, she felt the tears starting to stream down her face. You're a hormonal mess who needs to sleep but instead you're too concerned with being a public servant to America. Stop crying and just get it done. It's too dark to be out here alone still, you never know who's watching, Keep walking. Pushing away the tears, the journalist wiped her face with the thick scarf bundled stylishly around her neck and picked up her pace, conscious not to go too fast to avoid another potential disaster, her thoughts of responsibility, obligation, and fear still overwhelming her as she walked.

"Miss? Are you okay?" A man's voice called through the approaching dawn, startling Amelia when she realized a stranger was running towards her. You're so paranoid. Not everyone is out to get you.

"I'm fine," Amelia insisted, picking up her pace in absolute fear of the man getting any closer. She was unsure whether the intense guard she placed around herself was because of her self-induced fear from the case she was covering or her maternal instinct but she didn't want this man invading her space. "Thank you though," she tried to add sweetly to cover her own anxiousness."I'm just in a hurry to be somewhere. Have a good day." Nodding to him, Amelia picked up her pace again, deciding to take refuge in the cafe that was on her way to work. As much as she tried to avoid drinking coffee during her pregnancy she knew making it through this long day without it was out of the question. Ordering a small hot coffee with cream and sugar, she smiled at the usual barista and handed her her card. "Good morning, Rachel, you're here early this morning. Are you even awake yet?"

Last edited:
Rachel smiled at Amelia, noticing she herself was here rather early compared to her usual days. "I'm hardly awake but getting there. Take it easy on the coffee, Amelia. Are you covering another intense story? You're here earlier than usual." The barista said softly, swiping the card she was given before giving it back to Amelia with the smile still on her face. Turning to make the coffee, Rachel made it just how Amelia liked it before handing it over to the journalist when she finished. "It's still a little dark outside. You should wait in here for a bit until the sun shows a little more." She suggested, hoping Amelia would agree. Rachel didn't know what story Amelia was working on but she looked tense and on edge, which was never a good thing. Rachel also knew if Jayden found out Amelia was walking all at this time, he wouldn't be too thrilled. "How's Jayden's recovery?" The young girl asked, trying to make conversation to give Amelia reason to stay a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back