• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy An Interesting Plot [Closed]

Gungeoneer Sam

Get to Chamber 5? One day
Hello everyone! For my first RP on this site, I have decided to make it a one on one because that is my favorite type. I already have a plot too, so you simply have to read it and see if you are interested in having a go at it with me. Before I continue, please note that I am only looking for one partner right now, so this will be first come first serve.

The plot: Your character will wake up in the bed of an inn room that also has my character in it (they are sitting in a chair reading something). You will wake up with a few of your memories lost, including everything that happened the day before you wake up, so you can’t recall why you are in the inn, with a stranger no less. After conversing and a few more scenes, you will realize that my character is a mage that has taken you out of whatever life you may have previously lived, placing you into theirs as their personal assistant that has to listen to their every command. Also, even if you weren’t combat-trained before, the mage has gifted you with some helpful abilities so that you may act as their guard as well.

Beyond that, I don't have much more, except that this will take place in a medieval-ish world. That is where planning will come in handy. Together we can craft the rest of the world and the plot. Now, let’s move onto notes and rules about the RP:

1. I welcome a RPer of any skill to be my partner, as long as I can understand your post, as long as you reply to everything I give you to work with, and as long as you help advance the plot when you are able to. In turn, I will do the same.

2. I won’t be able to post everyday. In fact, I can only guarantee a post four to seven days after your reply as I am on a college schedule. I will try to post more frequently than what I guarantee however, so don’t be too afraid to RP with me.

3. As I want you to help me advance the plot, I expect you to RP NPCs as well as your main character. This doesn’t have to be to a great extent, since you would only have to use them to move the plot along, not in every instance.

4. There will be action in this RP, but I prefer a story that isn’t action heavy. There will be a lot of dialogue and build up, so if you can’t deal with that, then I am not the right partner for you.

5. I do not care which gender you play. You can recommend a gender for me to play however if you are more comfortable with a certain gender match.

6. Romance can be a thing in this RP, though it is not required. I don’t want it to be forced if you want it to happen, but rather I wish for it to be natural. Also, if our characters don’t mix well, please don’t try to make them by suddenly changing up your character to be better suited.

If you are interested in the RP, reply to this thread please, or PM me. If you reply in here, I won’t be able to PM you since I am a new member and haven’t passed the 10 post requirement yet, so we would have to plan in here.​

Last edited:
Colour me intrigued

Heya! Since you are interested in my plot, I suppose we can get started on planning right away. Below I have stuff that I wrote up while waiting for a partner:

First off, I want to get the setting out of the way. For now let's call the name of the planet Elantria (can be changed if you wish). Elantria is home to many continents that are surrounded by the many large oceans that require travel by ship or the sky to go from one to the other. Most continents are independent, minding their own business as their own resources are more than enough to not require adventuring beyond their own land.

The continent that our story will take place on will be Gregoria (can be changed if you wish), the smallest of the bunch. Gregoria is a round piece of land that is inhabited my humans and thousands of types of animals. Most of it is ruled by the Korin Empire (can be changed if you wish), with some areas being independent. Gregoria doesn't quite follow seasons, as you could find every type of biome happening at once if you roam the land enough, from a cold tundra to a hot desert to temperate grasslands, etc. Generally you will find temperate grasslands however.

The Korin Empire are known by most to be run by a rather peaceful emperor that makes sure that most of the continent's people survive long enough to die of old age by sending out soldiers to protect them and appointing many resources that can be used by them. Lately there have been reports of some soldiers abusing their powers though, leading to the creation of a few revolutionary organizations that attempt to bring these corrupt individuals to justice by their own hands, or attempt to claim the throne altogether.

Within Gregoria there are several human beings that are born with an odd energy dwelling inside of them which allows them to use magic, a source of power once thought to be a legend, yet now almost everyone in the continent knows of it's existence. The Korin Empire forces all that know of their own magical powers to report to the capital city and register themselves as a mage of the Empire, being turned into soldiers or taking other jobs, some of which allow them to return to their homes. Those that are discovered using magic without being registered to the Empire will have their mage powers taken away from them. They usually don't get imprisoned unless they have done bad things with their magic before it is taken.

That is all I have for now. If you feel like something needs a change, or if you want to add something, don't be afraid to respond with your changes/additions. Also, I need you to answer two questions. Do you want me to play a certain gender? Look a certain age to match your own? (some mages can adjust how they look)

Hey nice, I really don't want to change anything but the continent name. If it is the Korin empire shouldn't the land be a similar word like Korkandor? In terms the two questions Male and around the twenties. I do have an idea about my character already and in fact, have an old Character Sheet which I could use if that would be okay for you. In terms of more world detail are we looking at steampunk or just medieval with limited magic? Also since it's such a varied world are there different societies? In terms of warriors assassin's nobels religions etc? Last question is will there be any other conflicts other than the rebel uprising?

Korkandor it is!

As for reusing your character sheet, I would say you can, though there are some things I have been thinking about plot wise. My mage would make your last moments before he turned you into his assistant cloudy, along with all of your relationships, meaning that you will remember most of your life, but you won't exactly be able to reflect back to how you feel about important people in your life, barely remembering the names of them. Is this ok with you?

The world is medieval-ish. I add ish because magic will have introduced things that people wouldn't have been able to get at that time, including light orbs (light bulbs in the modern world), communication across long distances via telepaths, etc. Not a big change, but still a change. Magic is also kind of broad, as I have a certain system that is honestly really vague for plot reasons. It wouldn't be odd to sight people using magic like elemental bending in Avatar, or magic in Fairy tail (though only experts would be able to use it like in these two series). Most mages excel in certain categories, like necromancy, telekinesis, etc.

Yes, different areas will have us seeing different kind of cultures and whatnot. The Empire isn't really strict on what religions people must study or how people must act. They would definitely be on the look out for assassins however, as it is illegal to kill people that aren't wanted dead.

There can be other conflicts, but generally I want our story to focus on our own character's plots, as I am not too big a fan of ambitious and/or political stories. I can try my hand at it later on in the RP if you wish though.

Last edited:
That all seems fine. In terms of relationship, I don't mind that though if he can remember them that make things more tragic in a way. And yes I didn;t see the last thing. Gungeoneer Sam Gungeoneer Sam

Name: Samuel Devonshire

Residence: A small cabin in the forbidden woods. Near a rather nice river, I must say.

Appearance:
1186011.jpg
Blondish brownish hair with brown eyes. Typically wears clothing fitting for when on the job and which job it is, which seems to be always these days... oh well, no rest for the wicked.

Personality: Quiet a sardonic sarcastic young man. Is quiet self-assured in his skills, which sometimes means he gets in over his head. Is rather smart and quick witted. He tries to be intimidating but really isn't unfortunately, might be due to his small stature or his young age. Is a fairly good talker, though isn't great a being emotional, he much prefers to fake them. Being genuine and supportive is rather difficult. He will stand up for those he cares about. He stands firm in his beliefs as well after... what happened. He may be a thief put he has his honour in some terms. He may like getting gold but he isn't stupid, even though he has his love of risks.

Likes: A large amount of gold in his coin purse. a new hat, tricking people, pulling off risky cons, using his 'acting' skills, avoiding combat and staying hidden.

Dislikes: The ruling party, violence against his friends, having to do things he doesn't want, having his hair burned, getting caught, being called a thug or the like, getting caught up in combat and cheese.

Strengths:
Expert burglar
Skilled gymnast
Skilled conversationalist
Great knowledge of the land
Expert tactician and schemer

Weakness:
Hand-to-hand combatant
No magic knowledge or protection

History/Background: Oj watch it noisy. (Find out in Rp)

How is it looking Gungeoneer Sam Gungeoneer Sam

Ah. The reasoning behind this memory loss ties into various issues that my own character is having, so I thought it would be good for the both of us to tackle that together in the plot. Of course, if you wish, the memories can come back to you gradually as we RP.

Now that we have setting out of the way, a way that I plan to have the story go will be based on our own characters and their histories. My chapter goes first as it deals with why he kidnapped you and whatnot, then you will go next, picking whatever you want, whether it be about us meeting people from your past or something else. I will go again after that, then you, then the fifth chapter might be the last. We will both plan that out together.

Hmmm, actually, depending on how long the first two chapters are, we will either keep this as a five chapter story, or make it a three chapter story. I am not big on stories that last too long.

SirGrey SirGrey looks like I was gone for longer than expected, ha. Sorry about that, was too focused on College. Do you still want to be apart of this RP? After May 24th because that is when my finals are done with. I understand if you are no longer interested though, since I kept you waiting sooooo long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back