an inspiration/writing prompt twitter

thegreathero

i'm considering making a twitter account to post random lines, to be used freely as prompts and inspiration! 

examples for the kind of stuff i would post:

- she clenched her fist and socked him in the face. "don't you dare say that about her," she hissed.

- unbelievably, they started to laugh. he stared. "you- you have no idea what you're doing, do you?" they wheezed. 

- it's not every day you find an incredibly attractive stranger strewn across your lap, the contents of their thermos- oh shit that's hot- also on your lap.

i'd also post lines from songs with accompanying links occasionally, and retweet things i think might appeal to similar interests. my only terms would be adding credit where credit is due, and of course letting me see the things people come up with ( ´◡` )

anyone interested? at this point im kinda too invested in the idea to not do it anyway, but it would be nice to have people who actually uses these ideas haha

Twitter is pretty saturated with those - a few of them are just bots, even. 

So do it if you want to do it, but I wouldn't expect it to come to much purely due to the competition.

@Grey those are all really cool, especially the magical realism bot!! i dont feel like they're all that similar to my concept, though. the basic idea is the same but not the execution, if that makes sense? in any case, i don't mind retreading old ground ( ^ ᴗ ^ )

Aye, I can understand that.  Those are just the ones I know because they serve my purposes.  Well, not so much the writing.com one; I just knew it existed by the size of thing rather than interest in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back