• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Evil Education at the Tudor Lestrange institute - Refurbished - Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sharon Angler & Thorntalon
Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma

"It's up to you, Sharon," Thorntalon stated telepathically.
"It's a deal, then." Agreed Sharon. "Let's get to one of those picnic tables over there and I'll get one of the cannolis out for you to copy." Sharon started to get closer to the school's back garden, where the picnic tables were, then stopped abruptly, recalling that nobody knew each other's names yet.
"I'm Sharon, by the way, and this fella on my shoulder is Thorntalon. You can find us in dorm four sixty."

Fenris Latour

Fenris heard a sing-song voice, or what they thought might be a recording of one, entreating that they come out for "presents." Ceasing to dig through their bags, Fenris turned to look at what appeared to be a catperson standing in the doorway.
"Well hello there," Fenris greeted with slight confusion, though they tired to sound poised, "What's this about presents?"

Jolene Wildwood
Pai Chan Pai Chan

"We happen to have a very big one,"
Jolene returned her banjo to its case now that she was satisfied that all parts were intact.
"Rumor has it, it used to be the literal library of Alexandia. I don't know about that, but there's a lot of really old stuff there, clay tablets and papyruses and all that. Perhaps there's some pieces of it in there, anyway." She grinned waggishly. Jolene was, without counting recent events, a fan of factual ambiguity; Even when it wasn't a for political vie, Jolene enjoyed a good rumor, and one of her favorites was this one, even if she didn't believe it enough to say so. This one seemed just for fun, so she figured revealing her actual viewpoint couldn't hurt.

Francis Sato
CyberJackal CyberJackal

"Oh she's gonna kill me, she's gonna kill me, she's gonna kill me," Francis repeated. Mobile once more, he started down a corridor, his hands slapping lightly against his forehead and sliding down to his chin, then slapping against his forehead again to repeat the cycle of panicked gesticulation. All the while, a few students stopped to stare, though none approached or said anything to him.
He was desperate to get outside, but there were no doors that seemed to be marked as exits until what seemed like a very long way down. Finally reaching a door with a window that he could see the other side of had some greenery, he fumbled the handle until it finally clicked and swung open.
He wasn't entirely sure how sapient the immensely sized creature eating frozen meat on one of the benches was, but given that they were clothed in what appeared to be a uniform of some sort, Francis figured they were indeed a person, perhaps even some figure of authority. There was some sort of embroidered insignia visible over the where the left pectoral was, so perhaps a security guard, or a foreign cop or soldier. Francis was about to find out if he was a prisoner of war, so so he thought. He also wondered just what the creature was. He'd never seen or met anything of this appearance.
Francis said nothing yet, but a grave look remained on his face. There was too much in the way of ideas running in his mind or what might happen next, and none seemed like they would be good for him if they were to happen.

"What's this about presents?"
"I've made a present for you." The catgirl says, holding up a painting on a dark, blackened canvas with the ghostly image of a skeletal face just barely in focus.. "It's a welcoming gift, since we'll be getting to know each other."

1697347779400.png

"I'm Sharon, by the way, and this fella on my shoulder is Thorntalon. You can find us in dorm four sixty."
"My name's Alice! I sold my body and soul to the dessert demon!" Alice tells Sharon. "My dorm is (Insert dorm number here, it's the same as knott's)!" She says.

Alice followed sharon to the back of the garden, stopping only a little bit after she did, and turning as she spoke.

Monti & Francis StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Monti observed the panicked young man passively as he finished up his snack. Normally, he'd want to actually wash his face and hands after eating- his dentition wasn't very well suited to eating very neatly- but he took a moment to lick his teeth and the surrounding facial tissue clean. He didn't have lips like this. Just big exposed teeth.

He stayed seated, so as not to appear more menacing than necessary. He was usually still a few inches taller than most people when they were standing when he was sitting.

"You lost?" he asked calmly, leaning forward just slightly in interest with a curious tilt of his head.

This was unmistakably somebody who had just woken up.

He gave the air a subtle sniff to see what he could pick up.

Last edited:
Their head tilted to the side, going further than most humans could. โ€œWhy does it matter?โ€ The whisper seemed to crawl to the boy. โ€œWhat do you think felt the call Dullahan?โ€ They backed up, encouraging him to stand in one corner. They didnโ€™t wait for an answer, โ€œYour soul.โ€ They exaggerated the word, licking their lips. โ€œBut a soul cannot be split and survive. So one part holds your soul and the other is just flesh. Let us see which is which.โ€

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus (Finbar)

Fenris Latour

Fenris looked at the painting. They smiled, enjoying the style and subject matter, but wondered what among their possessions could be given in kind. Fenris did not want to look rude for not having anything. It wouldn't bode well for the year, let alone possibly converting their roommate to Lycanthropism.
"Now that's what I call art!" As they spoke, Fenris tried to remember what they had packed, especially since Anna would not be their only roommate. "I'll have your gift ready soon. Just give me a second." Forgetting to take the painting, Fenris turned back to their bags to see if they could find something.
They
considered the battery-powered strings of lights, fancy bar soap, as well as the various scarves and ties they had.
A scarf would be practical, and I do have more than I need. Fenris thought, They'll like the one with the skulls, if they made that painting. But what to give the other one.... Eh, I'll wait for them to give me a clue.

"Thorn might've said as much if he weren't so cryptic," Sharon grinned, though Thorntalon sighed with frustration.
"Well had I been able to hunt yet today, I could have been more diligent," Thorn ruffled his wings, "I have a body to maintain myself."
"There's a mouse thawing in the dorm, but whatever. Go and see if you can nab something quickly. We'll be right over there."
Thorntalon flew off in search of some small animal to eat, landing on the roof to keep watch of the garden's bird feeders.
Sharon continued to the garden, and stopped at one of the picnic tables, untying the parcel in which the cannolis were kept and lifting its lid.

"Now I bet these'll be a hit with the whole school when you copy them."

Francis Sato
CyberJackal CyberJackal

Francis considered his answer carefully. The previous day, he was on his way to the east coast in hopes that it would be too far away for his mother to look. Being lost was half the point, and he didn't expect to know Connecticut immediately when he got there, but this was not the park he was sleeping in last he could remember.
"I don't think I'm any more lost than I should be, but this isn't where I fell asleep last night. I just don't get how I got here. As long as I don't.... " Francis shuddered at the thought of dealing with his mother's wrath, nearly forgetting that even the smallest thing could incur it. Nearly forgetting that even when she wasn't wrathful, she still found some way to be manipulative or offensive. He didn't finish the sentence, but instead drew a deep breath and pressed his eyes shut. He wasn't near her. Maybe he could avoid going back. This place wasn't good either, but he didn't know that.

Finbar Cody
Lost Echo Lost Echo

"Well, I guess my head?" Finbar felt like it was unwise to disclose this, but at the time could come up with no other way to deflect the ever more sinister turn of conversation. He wondered how this person would even have determined the location had he not answered, though at the same time he did not care to know. For now, he dared not move from where he stood.
His grip on his head tightened, getting just beyond the threshold of uncomfortable pressure. A flicker of blood could be seen on the divisions of his neck. It didn't drip or leave any mark on his hand or neck stump, but was nonetheless a sign of the state of his nerves. The drugs had worn off enough to not suppress this quirk of the magic that kept him alive, which sometimes happened when he was in panic.
It occurred to Finbar that perhaps this person was purposefully distracting him from asking the questions of where he was and why he wasn't in any place he recognized. Why they would do that, Finbar was unsure, but nonetheless he tried to test that idea.

"I don't take it that my soul is unimportant or anything, but I do have a question or two about.... other things, if you don't mind me asking. For one, where am I?"

Violet Tanukana
DALLยทE 2023-10-29 08.08.49 - Photo of a dormitory living room setting, primarily empty, with a...pngVioletโ€™s eyes lit up at hearing there was an expansive library somewhere in the school. Not only large but also with, what seemed to be, priceless artifacts as well? Something only a prestigious place would have. Given what Violet found out about the school, it wasnโ€™t too surprising. But for it to be the actual library of Alexandria might have been a little bit much in ways of stretching the truth. It may have had some items from Alexandria, sure. But the real library of Alexandria was in a completely different continent. But that didnโ€™t matter. What mattered was that there was a library here and one that the school seemed to have invested in well so that it was well stocked. Violet would likely spend quite a bit of time transfixing with the various items Jolene mentioned before she settled down and started in on the books it would, no doubt, be filled to the brim, with.She couldnโ€™t wait to visit it but didnโ€™t know if she had time before all of the new students would be called into orientation.

โ€œThat definitely sounds like something Iโ€™d love to look into. And since you say you have a fair bit of knowledge about the school, I wonder if you know anything about its professors? Or even curriculum? Something I can get a heads up on.โ€ After listening to the answer Violet puts her attention back towards the banjo and nods her head towards it.

โ€œYou any good? My youngest sister makes music as well but I havenโ€™t seen anything like that.โ€
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus Jolene Wildwood

Monti & Francis
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Don't get attached don't get attached don't get attached-

One of the downsides of having been at Lestrange for as long as Monti had, a downside of feeling secure and established, was that he didn't worry about only himself as much as he should anymore.

As much as it may surprise others of the big, quiet, lumbering monster in the shadows who kept to himselfโ€ฆ he was a pretty empathetic person. There were plenty of things that Lestrange had steadily changed about him, all for the better, really, (confidence, mainly) but that remained the same.

He looked at the sea of the population of Lestrange as one in varying shades of grey. Some much darker than others. Himself, he saw in something close to a dull, medium grey. Not leaning significantly in either direction with tones of both, but not something arrogantly separate from or above either end of the spectrum. Lestrange had a certain obvious leaning. He didn't see himself as anything more, nor anything less than his peers. There were simply nuances and differences from person to person. But then, outside of these walls, anything darker than shining silver tended to be lumped togetherโ€ฆ.

Back to the matter at handโ€ฆ the way this boy was worried- perfectly normal- but seemingly not worried about his locationโ€ฆ. It made him worried. Which was stupid- he usually tried not to worry about these students, but, wellโ€ฆ he was. Maybe it was pity.

"Well," he said. "My name is Monti. Let me be the first to welcome you to the Tudor Lestrange Institute of Villainy and Henchmanship. Odds are, you were picked up by a contractor to add to our student population. There are plenty of other students like you every year. My advice? As a senior? Do your best in classes, but keep your head down. Don't draw attention to yourself, but don't try to hide, either. Avoid making yourself an easy or an interesting target. Lay low, but not low enough to be stepped on. Make some 'friends' if you can. If you last long enough to get the hang of things, then make your own calls."

He stood, keeping a slouch but towering over the boy none the less. "I can take you to the front desk if you'd like. The receptionist will be able to find out if you've been assigned a dorm yet and give you some introductory
materials."

He didn't mint being helpful... But he tried to stay impersonal.

Don't get attached

Last edited:
โ€œYour headโ€ they hissed the word, reaching out to touch it. โ€œSo little space. Do you have less soul than the others?โ€ They watched the blood on the cusp of falling, like a conductorโ€™s baton on the first beat. A tongue came out as if to lick it from the air. The anticipation bloomedโ€ฆthen popped at his question.

Looking at him disgustedly, like heโ€™d ruined their piece, they waved a hand carelessly. โ€œOh, youโ€™re at the Institute.โ€ They spun around their dress, flaring in their wake. โ€œYou are here for our experiments and that of the students.โ€

They retook the chair theyโ€™d been in before, beckoning him forward. โ€œYou are what is referred to as an Expendable. We lose dozens a year.โ€ Lifting up their instrument once more, they caressed the screaming face. โ€œBut I never do. I keep those in my protection, forever.โ€

Last edited:
Jolene Wildwood
Pai Chan Pai Chan

"The curriculum is different for students who are classified differently than each other, but when you're new they usually give you a good mix of different classes, and some more universal classes too. I've had classes in magic, mad science, and cooking. If there's evil in it, you can bet it'll be taught here. I'm hoping this year I'll have another class with Domineuse. Yes, the Overlord Domineuse He's one of the teachers here. Can you believe it? I'm planning on getting into politics myself, and he's definitely the authority on, well, authority. I don't know what classes you're hoping for, but I'm sure you're gonna find something to suit you if you don't already know your strengths." The politician in her, of course, meant she didn't mention what happened if you weren't good at anything and didn't, say, have rich and powerful parents to bribe for your safety. Jolene preferred to keep the conversation away from what some Evil folks would call "unnecessary dourness." That of course, was a dysphemism for warning the unwary of just what could happen when you were on Evil's bad side.

Then, Violet brought up the banjo. Jolene smiled even more brightly.

"I happen to be a banjo virtuoso! Just not when I'm this sleep deprived. I'm certain Beethoven himself couldn't play his own insturments if he spent weeks traveling from Kentucky to here."

Francis Sato
CyberJackal CyberJackal

Villainy? Henchmanship? Picked up by a contractor? This is no mistake after all, then.
"I.... I've been kidapped." Francis sounded more pensive than exactly surprised. He'd known this was a risk, despite his mother's exaggerated admonishments, which made the very idea of kidnapping seem less credible when Francis first realized that she wasn't entirely earnest about that (or most things for that matter.)
And yet, this seemed to be a school from what Monti implied. He'd heard of Evil schools being raided by the cops and Super Corps, but had never thought he'd end up in one.

"And this is one of those Evil schools? Like that one that they raided last year?"

Finbar Cody
Lost Echo Lost Echo

At the instant his head was touched Finbar had restrained himself from running away in order to hear the answer to the question, but immediately regretted not bolting off when he heard the horrible, cryptic news.
It seemed that so much had gone wrong for him his entire life, whether it was always hearing his parent's screaming matches at each other, or his father refusing to call him by the name and pronouns he was comfortable with, or his head falling off and ruining his chances of being a professional fiddle player. He thought his luck had changed in the past couple years, what with the divorce of his parents being finalized, his dad begrudgingly approving a legal name change, and that so-called dad packing up and hightailing it back to Ireland. Finbar had appreciated the feeling of a great weight being lifted when these events had come to pass, but now it seemed his life was flashing before his eyes.
Being only a quarter dullahan, unable to sense death in the way his father and grandmother could, he could not confirm anything, but had a frightful idea of why the timbre of the bass sounded so off. He stared at it, focusing as though to confirm that it was or was not a corpse. He could not tell.
He could not look at anything else as he pried the next question, desperate to stall and distract from his backing away.

"What institute is this? The name of it, I mean." Fin figured that if there was any chance of his escaping, the Canadian government would have somebody's head, but not his. Unbeknownst to him, he was no longer in Canada.

untying the parcel in which the cannolis were kept and lifting its lid.
"Now I bet these'll be a hit with the whole school when you copy them."
In a somewhat comical display, alice took the cannoli and examined it, before eating it and chewing it around in her mouth.

Then extending her arms into large creamy limbs that belled out at the ends, she began to generate new versions of the cannoli. Each one seemingly glistening and sparkling with an attractive aura, each one looking more delectable than the real thing.

They fell into two piles on the picnic table, before she retracted her arms which slurped back to their normal size.

"This should be enough to start if you'd like. Just come and tell me if you need any more... Oh actually! I have an idea! I know exactly what to give you!" She says, before a business card made of edible wax and condensed biscuit extends from her hand's palm.

It had her phone number and her name and other info on it. Apparently her official, or maybe self denoted title was "CEO of Unhealthy Eating."

Filris smiled, a slow crawling thing across their face. His soul might have been small, but his terror was delicious. โ€œYouโ€™re at the prestigious Tudor Lestrange Institute. Let me be the first to welcomeโ€ they licked their lips. โ€œyou.โ€

They ran their bow across the strings once, making a mournful sound before looking back at the Dullahan. โ€œYou seem intrigued by my instrument. Would you like to try it? It truly pulls at the soul.โ€ They stood once more, inviting him to sit in their seat. โ€œHave you played before?โ€

((I'm so sorry. I had forgotten I was up.))

Last edited:
Violet Tanukana
DALLยทE 2023-10-26 07.14.38 - Overcast late afternoon in an autumn park, leaves of various colo...png

Violet nodded as she took in the information.

"I'm not entirely sure who Overlord Domineuse is. Out of me and my sisters I was the one that stayed away from the electronics. I'm more old school." Violet took a seat on a single chair across from Jolene. "My hobby involves the Dark Arts and witchcraft. And a lot of my knowledge comes from tomes that are generally forbidden to be copy and scanned into a computer. The people I got them from pride themselves on old tradition." Violet crossed her legs and thought for a moment as Jolene continued. "It seems like choosing this place was the right decision. My sisters were, totally, against it." Violet absent mindedly smirked at the memory of her younger sisters making a fuss at having to go to a school. Especially, Junko.

"My youngest tried to persuade me against going by threatening to harm others. Hence why she's rooming with another one of us to keep an eye on her. I'm only somewhat sure she was bluffing." Violet then turned her full attention back to Jolene.

"What about you? Do you have family? Maybe the same people that taught you how to play that instrument? Seems like you're pretty far from home. Especially, if you're here alone." Violet leaned back in her chair the smirk still on her features but with lack of lighting in the room, masked her expression in shadow.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus Jolene Wildwood

Val & Zero

Amid the azure skies, a silhouette of a reptilian creature flew above the skies as the being was swooping around the clouds was a dragon, No I'm not lying an actual dragon, More Specifically a Gallean-class dragon one of the more powerful yet larger (Think of 2 story building tall in size) species of dragon. her scales glistened in the beam of the sun as what she was carrying on her back was her Keeper, Valence as she had her goggles on covering her eyes. "We're approaching our destination, Lady Val!" Spoke Zero.

"Okay, Continue with Proceeded flight speeds."

Val looked below as a small smirk formed on her face as she was glad to finally arrive at such a prestigious school for villains and learning to become one was... well For science! On the other hand, Zero only came here because of her Keeper's will and her need to assist in "School Projects." But Zero was overall just wanted to have fun. As Zero flapped her wings lower as she was making her descent her ane whipping in the blowing winds as she felt her keeper holding tightly onto her mane as she continued gaining speed in her dive with her wings folded tightly until she spread them out widely using them a parachute before landing softly with her claws touching the concrete of the sidewalk.

Valence got off of her dragon as she pulls her goggles on her head. "Zero, You need to take on a human form, Don't want to scare the others, do you?" She suggested. Somewhat a groan emanated from the dragon as she did not look happy. "Awww, are you sure? I'd rather be in this form, It is much easier to fly and do other stuff!" The dragon complained.

"Zero...."

"Ugh, Fine!"

An arcane symbol appeared in front of Zero as the beast opened up her maw, the beast glowed brightly as the form of the massive beast shrunk down to the size of a highschooler girl the bright light dispersed to reveal Zero in her human form, who looked slightly disappointed."Awww, I wanted to be in this school in my dragon form..." She said sadly, But her expression immediately switched from sad to suddenly happy. "Oh well!" She shrugged. Val always wondered on Zero's emotions and mood switching so quickly, but she shrugged and shoved that down.

'Let's just find the Student check-in so she can check in." Val said. The dragon nodded excitedly and followed her keeper towards the inside of the building like an excited puppy.

that was until a car rolled up to the entrance... And a student reluctantly slid outside of the car. Their driver had their luggage in hand, and offered it to them. In the events that followed the driver quickly left, and the student was the only one left. Sato, in all of his wonderful and most welcoming behavior- scowled at the student. He waited directly at the front of the entrance and there would be no way this one could get away without needing to shove Sato or at least ask him to move.

The wind blew low and gentle, as Sato's midnight black hair drifted with the flow of it. His dull, yellow eyes stared daggers at the student intentionally or no, it was all part of Sato's plan to finally initiate a situation where he'd get what he wanted.
Kendi Paris "Prem" Karlek

Prem felt his hand shaking slightly; he tightened his fist on the handle of his luggage to stop it. He took in a breath and started walking forward. There was nothing he could do to stop the future from coming, but he could face it as gracefully as he could.

He didn't even take a couple of steps towards the looming building before he saw him. A tall figure with dark spiky hair; his eyes stared daggers into Paris. Paris stopped for a second off put by the situation. He wasn't sure what he should do. After the initial shock passes he walks closer to him, stopping a little ways in front of him. Prem looks around trying to see if he would move; when it's obvious he isn't going to without a push Prem gives an awkward laugh. He pulls his suitcase in front of him and shifts his weight from foot to foot.

Paris wasn't sure what he should do; nothing like this had ever happened to him before. Nothing like this had ever happened to anyone before. On the bright side the anxiety in his chest wasn't as unbearable. It was mixed with confusion now. At least that was better than the weight of panic that would flood his mind. This was a welcome distraction, weird, but welcome nonetheless. Prem leaned to the side to try and look behind the stranger; he could see the entryway to the school but nothing much behind that.

The whole time that Prem had been standing there he didn't make eye contact. He held his luggage in front of him and shuffled awkwardly. Now he could tell that this would not end like he expected. Prem cleared his throat and looked down shyly. "Uhm... e-excuse me." He said this in almost a whisper, his voice breaking as he spoke. "Can I....?" Prem stopped and shuffled his feet. "Are you...? Uhm..." He stumbled over his words as he spoke. Trying his hardest not to look up at the stranger. It was rude to make eye contact, and he didn't want to see the harsh stare anyway. Prem held on tightly to his bag; he knew that if he let go his hands would start shaking.

83F65D53-43C5-4B0E-A7DA-29F9FAFB53D4.jpeg

Interaction:

Sato Sukuna - Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Jolene Wildwood
Pai Chan Pai Chan

Jolene took in the details told by Violet. Witchcraft would make Violet a useful ally, not just in this school, but against Captain Zap. It was his fault that she couldn't go home, and that her mom was an ocean away behind bars.
"Well, I've had a bit of a run-in with international law. I'll get it out of the way, 'cause you'll probably find out anyway if you haven't already heard. It was all over the TV's in my stupid foster home. I'm allegedly the lost princess of Fieldskerry." There was an obvious disdain in Jolene's voice- she thought the entire matter was of no benefit to herself and it showed, "That is to say, my mom's in Fieldskerian prison. Not the queen of fFeldskerry, but my real mom. The one who actually raised me."

Finbar Cody
Lost Echo Lost Echo

"That was a life ago. Used to be a fairly good fiddler, but the somewhat unexpected happened. Nobody thought It'd actually happen. It happened late too. M' head fell off and that was the end of my playing the fiddle. I've been relegated to playing the ugly stick ever since."
Finbar gave a weak smile through the temporary wane in fear. He didn't mind playing the ugly stick and in fact found it to be a comical badge of honor, but he missed fiddling a lot.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma , also mentioning Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

A mischievous smile formed on Sharon's face as she watched the cannolis being copied. This would be quite lucrative if she could fit them all into the box to carry, which Sharon immediately tried to do. Some stuck out, but she figured it would somehow be good for presentation for immediate sales.
"Excellent! Now to get them into the building."
Oh Thorntalon! I'm going in now.
When the business card was produced, Sharon took it, reading the wax-coated biscuit.

"Alice Anafabula. Glad to meet ya." Sharon pocketed the edible business card in the pocket of her vest, and scanned the sky for Thorntalon, waiting for his arrival to pick the box up.

Thorntalon, meanwhile, in his business of catching and eating sparrows, witnessed a dragon flying overhead. The pair, dragon and rider, were heading onto campus.
Seeing this, Thorntalon wrapped up his hunting before he was even called in order to inform Sharon of this spectacle.
Once above his partner-in-diabolism, he spiraled down and landed on a nearby fencepost.

Did you see the dragon? Asked Thorn mentally.
What dragon?
Replied Sharon in the same medium as she picked the box of Cannolis up.

Rathbone Diggs, Margaret diggs, & Boomer Diggs
(Open for interaction on front lawn.)

Rathbone smiled manically as the pickup truck came to a halt in the parking lot. At this point, Rath didn't mind that thon's ride wasn't the carriage drawn by six that thon had wanted to rent, as thon was already at the destination.
"We're here Rathbone," Margaret said, but taking her eyes off of the space she parked in, she knew that Rathbone was aware by the look on thon's face.
Rathbone's door opened like popcorn, and Rathbone hopped to the ground.

"Man, you're looking more chipper than you did for the whole trip here." Margaret commented.
"Well can you blame me?" Rathbone replied, undoing the straps from the truck bed which held down a robot in transit, an ornately carved chest, a charging aparatus, and some small luggage bags.
Margatet got out of the truck too, and retrieved a smart tablet from the back seat. With a few swipes and taps, the robot in the truck bed, Boomer, slowly got up.

"Boomer, jump down," commanded Rathbone, taking a step to the side to stand clear of his path. Boomer did so, landing on the asphalt with more grace than his appearance may suggest.
A few more commands were given and carried out, and before long, Boomer was loaded up with the aforementioned stuff. The mahogany chest was in his cargo bed, the rest clipped to the sides of him.
A tickertape of ignored complaints hung from his built-in printer, reading:
I have been immobilized for the longest time so far, but I will go on as though you had not dared to do that for your own benefit. I must always go on as though you have not wronged me.
"Come on, Boomer, we've got to get to the front desk." Rathbone instructed. Now the one holding the smart tablet, thon kept a close eye on the screen, which displayed a feed of footage from Boomer's cameras and a still-ignored transciption of what Boomer had printed.
"Oh, Rath," Margaret piped up, "You're keeping Boomer. Mom didn't want me to tell you until the last minute 'cause she thought you'd say no and freak out."
"Yeah. I guess I haven't got a choice. Just don't spy on me with him." Rathbone's mood was dampened, but thon knew Boomer seemed to get along with thon best, and thon would also have an advantage with Boomer, at least if he did what he was told when it mattered.
"Good luck with school," Margaret said, "and stay safe."
"No problem. Bye, Mags." Rathbone and Boomer made their way to the school, weaving around the various clumps and congregations of students.

โ€œDo you not need your head to play yourโ€ฆugly stick?โ€ They cocked their own practically to the side in curiosity. Could he create music without his soul? Or did his soul stretch? They were looking forward to experimenting on him. โ€œYou may play the violin here. We can make accommodations for your lack.โ€

Last edited:
Bullette Holes (Response to Rathbone Diggs & Boomer Diggs StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus )
"No problem. Bye, Mags." Rathbone and Boomer made their way to the school, weaving around the various clumps and congregations of students.
"WOWZAHS! A ROBOT PONY! THAT'S SOME DIG MISTAH!" A voice emerged from behind Rathbone and Boomer. There was a clear sense of exaggerated accent in said voice, and it was clearly female, if a bit screechy and very childish.

A girl ran up to the two. "CAN I RIDE YA ROBOT PONY, MISTAH?" Her voice was grating on the ears, but had a sense of charm to it, even if it was blatantly cartoonish. More importantly and unsettlingly, her appearance was... To say the least... Kind of disturbing? She was basically a cartoon in living color, who was standing right in front of the two. If you've ever seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit, you can get a feel for what she looked like, albeit drawn slightly more modernly. Sort of like a Revival cartoon from the 2000s?

"All of the other kids with ponies says I couldn't rides them..." She pushes the tips of her fingers together, her voice getting quieter.

It soon became more and more apparent, once Rathbone had time to process what thon was looking at, it became abundantly clear that the girl was covered in very non-cartoonish blood splatter, that smelled and looked fresh. Perhaps those other students, or at least, intended students, didn't turn out so well after turning down her request.

Last edited:
Dr. Corey Crank
Lost Echo Lost Echo Sunfall27 Sunfall27

Dr. Crank was on duty patrolling the school grounds for the injured. He was under strict orders not to touch those who were still unconscious, much to his chagrin. Being put under was a precarious position for even the toughest of living creatures, even in a safe place which this was indeed not.
Hearing someone cry out, he rushed to where he heard it come from. There stood two students, easily determined by their age and their luggage. The girl, who appeared to have some wounds, was still spasming when he arrived, and she had his focus most. Extending his death sense forth, he could tell that she was a vampire. Newly turned, with the presence of a sire-link. This was even more precarious than he had first thought.
Dr Crank almost wished he were in his skeletal form right now, in case he needed to intervene in a non medical capacity, but stopped the thought almost immediately.
You can't let this place make you paranoid. These kids might have freaked out of they saw you like that and they need your help.

"Do either of you need my help?" Asking this, he silently cursed the school policy forbidding him from intervening in student altercations and incidents without the consent of all present students. It was a rule made specifically to keep victims as unsafe as possible, but if he didn't follow it, it would mean dire consequences. Punishments decided on a case-by-case basis, and not limited to only him and any other staff who would conspicuously break this rule; Each student involved would be punished too.

Finbar Cody
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Finbar's interest was piqued, this time in a way that gave him hope. He'd tried all sorts of things from magic to duct tape to get his head to stay on him where most people had theirs. Maybe in this strange laboratory place he could actually find an upside. Some way to live with it, at least, or to make biding his time easier.
He smiled, this time less strained.

"What sort of accommodations?"

Stephanie Rain

Having retrieved the two of her bags from the kitchens, Stephanie soon returned to her dorm, and depositing them there decided to get the last three bags from their hiding spot near Mrs. Skinner's classroom. It was quite the trek through winding halls, but she didn't mind. It was much out of the way from the bustle of students who would have a watchful eye over their own belongings.
The first day was when many of the expendables and other thieves would either steal some clothes for themselves, or possibly have their belonging tossed out into the hallway. Steph didn't want to tangle up with that, and thus hid some of her bags farther away from the dorms and cafeteria. She didn't even want to get anywhere near the front desk right now.
On the way to her destination, she heard one of the teacher's voices. Filris was talking to somebody whose voice Stephanie could not recognize. This piqued her curiosity, and so she shrank into the form of a millipede to skitter into the classroom, hopefully undetected.

Rathbone Diggs & Boomer Diggs

Rathbone had already tuned in at the first mention of the word "robot," and thon turned around to look as soon as thon was certain that it was indeed Boomer that was being spoken of. At first, thon couldn't believe thon's own eyes. Certainly Rathbone was accustomed to robots of all sorts, growing up among prolific roboticists and though they were few in the general area of thon's hometown, thon was a bit too partial to the idea of a vampire. They were no stranger to the strange, but nonetheless were weirded out by Bullette's unreal, cartoonish appearance. Thon had heard of the Dark Arts being used to trap people in paintings, but that didn't seem like what was going on here. But if not that, then what? Rath's train of thought was wandering, but thon caught thonself soon enought to reply coherently.
"Uh, he's busy right now. We have to get this stuff to my dorm, but possibly later?"
Boomer, meanwhile, had cut off and dropped the paper which bore his previous gripes and already printed his own response to Bulette on the remaining, visible tickertape.
Of course you can. At least my services would be appreciated by somebody.
He oriented himself so that Bullette could see it, and though Rathbone couldn't see it on the paper, the smart tablet pinged with the notification, which Rathbone ignored, assuming that Boomer was still protesting.
Rathbone didn't say anything about the blood, curious though thon was, reasoning that it was none of thons business.

Their smile grew sharper. Filris always found it easier when the experiments were willing. Though the contrast with those who were not was always interesting. โ€œWell, we would start simply. Weโ€™d set up your head--it can sit on its own, correct? Without falling over?โ€ They continued, as if it were true, โ€œOn a desk, with a stand in front of it.โ€ They would see if he could make music separated from his soul. Or, later, they would call his soul out and see if its truly stretched between the two vessels.

Last edited:
Matthew Gambles
Filled with surprise and concern, Matthew's eyes widened upon witnessing Dani stumble and gasp in pain. Swiftly, he closed the distance between them, his voice resonating with worry. "Dani, are you alright? What happened?" Matthew tenderly placed his hand on her arm. "You don't have to worry, Dani." he affirmed, his determination evident in his tone. "Let's find someone who can assist us." Lucky enough a man had just come up to the pair. "Yes please, I don't know what's happened to her."

Lost Echo Lost Echo StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

๐’๐š๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ฎ๐ค๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐–๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก
"In the forest I met a bird; their wing broken and spirit dying. I would have given it a merciful death: but its will to live was far stronger. I nurtured it to health, and saw it soar once more." - Sato

Sato's eye twitched; once, twice, three times. His scowl only grew longer and larger at Prem's shrinking form. He almost pitied them, though what continued to bother Sato, far more than just watching them stutter and gasp at every turn of their uncertain self: was how small Prem looked. Skin and bones, as Sato would have put it. No form of muscle, not even an inch of such. Sato wondered how this tender little rabbit wasn't freezing to the bone at the autumn breeze. It made Sato sick, and his judgemental eyes continued to observe Prem as they finally finished their babbling. The little rabbit barely got anything out and in the open between them.

Sato responded by slowly clenching his fist. Each bone began to crack ever so slightly as he flexed his fingers inward and balled them up into a fist. His eyes squinted more, leering down at Prem. Before he finally spoke in his rumbling, low, gravely voice.

"Speak up." He commanded, like their ranks did not matter to Sato one bit. "I don't know what you want, but I cannot stand to see you shivering like a whelp in front of me." Sato's tone rolled like sweetened venom. Prem was not worth a fight, not yet at least. Sato might be able to change the tides with this little rabbit before him. But first, Sato had to sweeten the deal. Despite his ever-growing disgust with weakness, he was not above nurturing the weak to see their strength....Even if it meant becoming soft with them.

In one swift motion Sato thrust his hooded jacket over Prem. The size difference was jarring, as Prem was now covered with a baggy and bulky hoodie. Though, the warmth emitting from the hoodie certainly staved off the cold of this autumn day.

"Keep it, you'll grow into it- Little Rabbit." Sato huffed in annoyance as he seemed to be the more embarrassed one at such an action... Kindness seemed so belittling to him. "If you wish to give it back to me one day, I require you to grow strong enough to hurt me." He grinned down at Prem. "I'm always willing to train a little rabbit such as yourself."

Sato wasn't the best at socializing, that was for sure. Offering a fight for a returned item seemed bizzare....But Sato was a very bizzare guy. Although, he stepped aside to let Prem pass, and crossed his arms afterwards.

Interaction: Marceline_idue Marceline_idue - Prem Karlek

Dani jumped. How had she not noticed another person? Her eyes scanned him. First looking for injuries, then again, when she realized something was wrong. She couldnโ€™t figure out what it was, being too new to realize he lacked the call all blooded creatures had. Still, it made her feel he was safe (not realizing it was from her) even if he was an adult. โ€œSthure.โ€ She replied, still not trusting him completely.

Instead she turned back to Matthew. โ€œI losth time again.โ€ She swallowed the blood that had pooled in her mouth, the cut having healed while she was out. He liked it when she could only taste blood. โ€œHe can control my body, but sthometimess he takes my mind too.โ€ She looked scared of herself. โ€œDid I hurt you? You donโ€™t sthmell hurt.โ€

Sunfall27 Sunfall27 StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Dr. Corey Crank

Dr. Crank calculated what to say. In these six years, it still never got easy.
"I'm Dr. Crank, and I promise I'm here to help. Not many people in a place like this are, but I do hope to be someone you can trust." Dr Crank's head was full of compunction, but it was all useless. You cannot do anything for them but help them bide their time. He told himself that all the time, but sometimes wondered if biding time was worth the effort for anyone at TLI.
"I have a few questions, but they might be better asked in private. Even if you two trust each other, there are many others who may take interest here. " He told the two, mentally assessing the wounds on the one who had been addressed as Dani. They appeared to not be new, but with the knowledge that Dani was a vampire it could be deduced that looks were deceiving in this case. The wounds could be more recent than the untrained eye would think.

Finbar Cody & Stephanie Rain

Disappointment could be read from Finbar's face. It was almost comical how he was missing Filris's point.
"I've tried that. I've tried all sorts of things. With my head how it is, I drop the violin mid-song, 'cause it slips. And I've tried taping my head to the rest of me too. Got a nasty skin infection from that. I've tried-"

Stephanie, however, would have none of whatever was going on, and once behind the threshold took her human form once more. She had the angry sound of blood rushing behind her eardrum, but spoke firmly despite it.
"What did you do to them? Where is their head?"

That was not what Filris was expecting. Still, they were pleased the boy wasnโ€™t against their experiments. Their mind was almost enjoying coming up with things to try, for science was only second to music. โ€œWe have time to find a way. Why does it have to be at your--โ€

But they were interrupted. Filris gave a loud sigh, โ€œIโ€™d thought Iโ€™d heard something crawling in my room, Ms. Rain. Why do you ask, do you want to join my experiments?โ€ They stepped around to the side of the boy, placing a hand on his shoulder to keep him from turning, seeming to not notice it was missing a head.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back