• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Evil Education at the Tudor Lestrange institute - Refurbished - Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lucius

Luci walked around the school grounds with a sense of purpose. Every step he took radiated a quiet confidence that would unsettle any who dared walk in his path. However, anyone who did dare to walk in his path would notice that the boy seemed to be lost inside his own head, earbuds stuffed inside his ears and a soft, unearthly hum emanating from his being.

In reality, Luci was mapping out the location. He had arrived earlier in the day, yet his belongings were lagging behind, leaving him unable to move in yet. As such, Luci decided to make productive use of his time, scanning the grounds in their entirety. While the picnic area, stables, and pool were interesting in their own rights, Luci's mind was stuck on the gate separating him from the vastness of the surrounding forest. After all, one can't expect him to not want to explore a place that is strictly forbidden, especially given it's effectiveness at hiding the Institute from prying eyes in the distance.

But that's certainly a future plan. As he walked back to the main path, Luci made a mental note to ask about any magical properties that may be protecting the school. After all, if it was similar to his family's own, then he may be able to break out sooner rather than later.

So this is the main building...

Luci stood before the castle-like estate in front of him. While it was still smaller than his family estate, it was certainly respectably grand. Sparing a glance to the many students milling about the front lawn, Luci wondered if he would recognize anyone else. After all, his father mentioned that it was quite common for the heirs of all sorts of families to attend. And if the other things he's learned about the institute were correct, than having a familiar face around would be a great boon.

"Master Lucius!"

Luci looked behind him to notice a boy around a year older than him leading a group of students, each of them carrying a bag of sorts.

"Your luggage has arrived!"

Luci internally rolled his eyes, but smiled slightly, "Just Luci is fine, remember? Nevertheless, I appreciate each and everyone of you. We must be off now."

Luci allowed bits of his magic to slip through, dancing in the air like bubbles in the wind. The boy nodded, his eyes sparkling with obedience, though Luci could already tell that his request has already went in one ear and out the other, "Yes Master Luci! Please lead the way!"

At least he used my first name...

Luci and his new entourage entered the main building, ignoring the eyes that were being drawn towards them. Luci was no stranger to the spotlight, but he knew that he'd have to be careful in the institute. Students would literally kill to be in the position that Luci has inherited through his birthright. In terms of making a name for oneself, after all, his attendance at this school was merely a formality.

The group stopped at the front desk, where Luci was able to pick up his dorm assignment, orientation information, and every brochure-like paper that wasn't bolted down, which happened to include a map.

Using his newfound data, the group meandered towards the dorms and after passing multiple groups of admittedly suspicious individuals, Luci found himself outside of his dorm room, feeling a strange energy emanating from inside.

Holding up a hand, Luci turned to the leader of his entoruage, "Please accompany me inside, the rest of you remain for now."

Luci then opened the door, not waiting for a reply. Doing so revealed the apartment style dorm. Raising an eyebrow, Luci couldn't help but notice two things.

The first thing is that the apartment was insultingly small (It's not, he's just spoiled). The second is that his roommates must have definitely arrived, given one of the three rooms being taken if the whiteboard had anything to do with it. Humming slightly, Luci could feel the energy clearing up, pointing directly towards the occupied room, Are there two individuals in the one room?

Giving the cue to stand back, Luci walked directly to the room and knocked on the door. After all, if his roommates are already here, then he needed to introduce himself sooner rather than later. He could, however, Only hope that they were just as cordial. Otherwise, this would be a long year.

full

TagsInteractions: Junko, Yuri ( Pai Chan Pai Chan )
Mentions: Junko, Yuri ( Pai Chan Pai Chan )

Sorry for the relatively unedited reply, I am in the process of preparing for school to start back, but I wantd to go ahead and get something posted

Last edited:
Danielle offered her hand to the boy, but it wasn’t necessary as he stood with the support of his suitcase. Looking up at him, she returned the smile, then blurted out a laugh. Yeah, she felt worse than he looked, so that was fair, still she said, “Gee, thanks.” She went to run her hand through her hair, but winced as her shoulder resisted, dropping it halfway there. “I’m not sure how it’s real, but we’re apparently at the Tudor Lestrange Institute. It’s apparently to teach people to be villains.” She offered the acceptance letter, “At least that’s what my kidnapper…gave me.” she hesitated, ‘gave’ sounded so innocent, so small compared to the horror she felt when she lost time. When he forced her body to move without her consent. But it was the only word she could come up with.

I’m guessing you’re not here willingly either?” What school took kidnapped kids? Obviously an evil one, but her mind was scared to conjure ideas of what they planned to do with them. Nothing good at least. She couldn’t decide what was worse: to be a victim or to become evil. Were there any other choices? “I don’t know what to do beyond play along I guess. I already tried leaving but he’s watching.” She scuffed her shoe against the ground. “Probably still is somehow.” The fear was evident in her voice.

Igor Sowaski, Vex Von Brandt, Malice Von Brandt
Sunfall27 Sunfall27

"I'm new myself, but my brother knows his way around. Igor also, and they shouldn't be too far off."
Malice jumped in minor fright when she heard Vex's irritated voice say "We almost were!"
Igor and Vex came even closer, grim looks on their faces. Igor simply looked concerned, but Vex was annoyed as well.
"Malice," Vex said in a tone he forced to be level, "You're going to get yourself killed like this."
Malice didn't address the implication that she couldn't handle herself, but still shot a dirty look to Vex.
"It's a good thing you guys are here. This guy needs some help finding where to go."

Sharon Angler & Thorntalon
Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma

Thorntalon's stare intensified He considered opening a more direct line of conversation with Alice, though he knew he might catch flak from Sharon for blowing his cover. After all, Sharon preferred not to freak out the students who still considered themselves to be the kind of person who would have nothing to do with demons, and to keep potential rivals guessing unless drastic measures needed to be taken.
Then, at the mention of the supernatural nature of the bargain, Thorn decided to speak out loud, making sure to do so before Sharon could say anything.

"If you'll excuse my earlier silence, I must ask that my client and I discuss this contract of yours on a more official basis. Tell her what you get from this and where you get it from, or I'm afraid we will have to decline."

Sharon, while having little doubt of the scheme she planned to run and wondering just how much she could charge for the cannolis, did balk somewhat at the mention of the contract's supernatural nature. She knew she had already promised the fate of her soul, among other things, to Thorntalon, and reasoned that her pact with him was not compromised. She now wondered if she'd draw his ire for breaking this contract should she still agree to selling the cannoli, or eat any of the duplicates.
Most importantly, however, Sharon looked over her shoulder to be sure none of the newcomers around were close enough to notice that the bird on her shoulder was talking.

Stephanie Rain
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Stephanie snarled at Sato, this time trying to think of something intimidating to morph into, or whether she should cut the charade and take her human form.
"My owner? My owner, I'm certain, you have no problem with. The school owns me, or at least they think they do."
Stephanie threw herself up on her hind legs, becoming human in appearance, clothed in a simple, light purple dress that was somewhat baggy on her. It was probably obvious that she had stolen it.
"But enough of my rambling. Surely you want to de-room me for it, but I do hope you don't."

Knott Lazarus
CyberJackal CyberJackal Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma

"Good point. And yes, I'd say I counter their goals. I want this curse gone, at least from myself. Of course even before I did, several of them couldn't stand that I was working with a werewolf, let alone using the infamous rivalry as a gimmick. Yes, that was me. Partly, anyway. It was Fenris's idea, and I'd be remiss to take credit."
Knott paused before addressing Morti, weighing whether they should sort the rooming situation immediately. They figured they probably already said too much about their own alignment and motivations, and that sorting it immediately may be a way to get out of the temptation to reveal more. There wasn't much in the way of counseling that Knott trusted at this school, and as a result Knott sometimes sated the urge to discuss their situation even when it wasn't verified to be "safe."
"Anyway, I should check out this rooming issue. I think I did forget to write my name on the whiteboard. I'll move my stuff, and it'll be sorted."

Screenshot_2019-08-16 Hirari Ikeda on Instagram “♥︎ #mariakefisherman”.pngOpera Snapshot_2023-07-09_233104_www.instagram.com.png
Junko & Yuri Tanukana
It took the two sisters very little time to bring in an additional bed from another room. Despite the fact that it would occupy a significant amount of extra space, the sisters were accustomed to living in tight quarters. They mostly stayed within their bed area, with the exception of a desk as the only extension. The girls were often preoccupied with their own interests, keeping them absorbed in their separate spaces. Yuri was often on her phone or watching horror movies and shows on her tablet. Junko would spend her time either playing video games on her personal computer or creating music. Meanwhile, Violet would either be engrossed in reading or busy doing artwork on her sketchpads.

Yuri surveyed the rest of the apartment to see what it’d be like if a large television went here or a coffee table there. The only thing was that she had to hope for a moderately cool roommate. Junko wouldn’t care who they got as a roommate seeing that she’d likely be cooped up in that room to only emerge in the pursuit of food, classes, or to use the bathroom.

Junko and Violet were introverted but the youngest took that trait to the extreme. If she could use a drone to go and collect every little thing she needed and never leave the confines of her room, back at their home, then she would only be all too happy. Going out of her room was hard enough but going outside was a mission, in itself, to make happen. Not to say Junko was some messy headed, non-hygienic, lazy, individual. Junko made it a point to stay cleaned up and take care of herself. She did get some sort of social interaction through video chats with her mates from one game or another. And she was pretty dedicated to her music making. All reasons why Violet never really bothered the youngest. She took care of herself.

Yuri, the sole extrovert of the trio, often found herself getting involved in her sisters' affairs. She struggled with silence and solitude, longing for constant engagement. Her own hobby with making her own and her younger sister's apparel wasn’t enough to keep herself completely occupied. It wasn’t just enough that Junko often wore what Yuri made, happily. Junko was still always engaged on her computer and Violet with her nose between some sort of papered pages.

As she entered the room, Yuri immediately noticed that Junko was already engrossed in arranging her desk, equipped with her computer. Various cords were already strewn about the floor along with a good amount of hardware that Yuri never bothered learning about. The middle sister had a laptop, phone, and a tablet. That’s all she needed and as long as they worked, it was all she cared about in terms of technology knowledge.

Yuri stood in the doorway watching Junko work away. It was like watching someone solve a complex puzzle. And seeing Junko’s “concentration” face was always a treat. Headphones on, head barely bobbing and swaying to the beat you could overhear, hands quickly working through all of the mechanical parts that made up her PC to put it together.

Yuri shut the door behind her and leaned in, next to her sister. Sure enough it was like Junko didn’t even know she was there. Or at least she refused to acknowledge that fact. It wasn’t until Yuri grabbed a part that Junko took down her headphones and turned a frustrated face towards her sis.

Holy crap, can you stop with the hovering?” Junko said in an exasperated tone as she snatched the part back.

I just miss my sis.” Yuri said, ignoring the attitude in Junko’s voice.

She’s not that far away. I’m sure we’ll see her again today.” Junko answered.

I’m not talking about Violet.” Junko turned her attention back towards Yuri, her features a little softened.

What?

It’s just you and me lil’ sis. We gotta look out for each other. Not to mention double team whoever walks through that door next; show them who’s boss.” Yuri gave Junko a light, playful punch, to the shoulder and received one of the legendary half smirks from her younger sister.

"Ew, I hate it when you go all soft like that." Junko said as she playfully pushed back with her shoulder but the smirk let Yuri know otherwise.

As if on queue there was a knock from the door and just as fast as it came, the smirk was gone as Yuri approached and opened the door. On the other side stood a young man with someone else trailing behind him. Was he a dorm monitor? Maybe a roommate? Coed roommates would be a shock to have at a school but then again this place wasn’t an ordinary institution.

What’s up?” Yuri asked. She guessed the kid might have been around Junko’s age if she went by looks alone.

Webs Elk Webs Elk Lucius == the reply doesn't have to be long. can do a back and forth if need be.

Last edited:
Lucius

Luci stood at the door and played with his hair, his mind beginning to wander. Despite attempts on both his and his mother's part, the school either refused or were unable to inform him before hand who his roommates would be. Needless to say, he was already a bit annoyed with the situation, but with the realization that room assignments change frequently, especially if expendables were involved, it made sense at least.

Expendable.

What if his roommates became expendables? Luci began driving through the possibility of people targeting his dorm room, disrupting his peace, soiling his territory, and immediately felt his blood begin to boil. He had enough to deal with; he needed to control his powers, study up on Cult management and make time to continue practicing. He even had to set aside meal prep time as he refused to eat whatever godforsaken food they served at the cafetorium. Having to deal with heathens invading his dorm room for whatever reason would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Luci decided rather quickly that he would take whoever his new roommates ended up being under his wing and protect them. It wasn't anything personal, but if there was one thing Luci would not tolerate, it would be actual trouble in his homefront.

Though I guess he should find out who his roommates are first.

“What’s up?”

Lucius was brought out of his stupor to be greeted with an open door and two individuals. Now that he was face to face, he could now feel their magical energy a lot more. Although he was relatively new at sensing energy, he could tell that these two individuals were no strangers to magical powers, Guess I was worried about nothing. Magical expendables are a rarity from what father says. Unless, of course...

Hiding a smile and clearing his throat slightly, Luci began to speak, making sure to keep his magic in check as the words floated out of his mouth, "Hello. my name is Lucius G. Madol. I believe we are to be roommates moving forward."

As his voice somehow echoed thorughout he small area, Luci risked a glance into the room. unsurprisingly, he frowned slightly at what he saw: The room was so much smaller than he was expecting, especially with the two beds seemingly "cramped" together. He could barely fit a piano in there, much less all his belongings. It reminded him of one of the many hotel rooms he had to stay in when traveling, whetehr it be for a performance or a meeting, he always seemed to get the short end of the stick in terms of accommodations. He could not let his followers see inside, it would be too embarrassing.

"I'll have to speak to mother about this," he grumbled, before clearing his throat and looking back towards the girl who answered the door.

Tags
Interactions: Junko, Yuri ( Pai Chan Pai Chan )

Last edited:
Kendi Paris "Prem" Karlek

Trees and houses blended together in the car window; passing scenery that no one quite focused on. Two figures sat in the car. One in the front and one in the back. But there was no idle chit chat as they made their way to their destination. No instead, there was a solemn silence that hung in the air. It tainted the atmosphere and weighed down on the people. The road led to a well known school, Tudor Lestrange institute. Where the passenger would be dropped off. But you see that was the problem; they would be left there for several months. And it was hard to separate from family; especially one so close.

Paris could hear his dads voice in his head. "Just follow your heart and everything will be okay." Usually thoughts of his family would bring a smile to his face, but today the memory just made the atmosphere dimmer. Paris took in a deep breath and let it out looking forward now to his new school. When he looked at the road ahead he saw not one but two; the road to the school and a road to an uncertain future. It terrified him beyond expression. Paris closed his eyes and brought his hands close to his chest for some sort of comfort. Yet when he opened them again all he saw was the gates of Tudor. His anxiety grew tenfold, and he shifted in his feet. Paris knew there was no way out. Even if he wanted to run, and he wanted to run so far he'd never have to see this stupid school ever again. He wanted to run all the way back to his family. To his brother, back to his mom, back to his dad, back to his normal life.

Prem was so lost in thought that he hadn't noticed the car had stopped, nor that the driver had gotten out. He didn't notice anything until the door he had been leaning on opened. Prem gasped and rushed to regain his balance. "Oh I'm sorry young master." The driver said, his eyes open wide in surprise. Prem just smiled up at him and muttered, "It's alright. I should've paid attention." He sighed and took off his belt with shaking hands. It took him a second to stand up even, but when he finally did he regretted it. Prem could feel the pressure in his chest grow immensely as he looked up at the towering building. He closed his eyes and took a breath, trying to steel himself. This was happening whether he liked it or not. Finally, he felt good enough to look over at the driver, who was now standing beside him with his luggage. Prem nodded at him and put a hand on his things. The driver smiled at him and said something, although Prem wasn't quite sure what, and got back in the car and left. Prem turned back to the school and raised a hand to his chest. "Alright, here we go... I guess."

1693437885520.png

Open for Interaction
<3

Sato Sukuna

"My fishing had rewarded me with loads of resources, enough to last me a month. But the animals, stubborn as they were forced my hand to share. Perhaps it was the right thing to do..."

Sato's interest in the talking animal grew thinner by the moment. It would have been worth the effort to kick it into the wall and splat it all over, ending its pitiful life alltogether. It's voice grated his ears, whether for good or for bad he had to deal with it. When it morphed into a human, only then did Sato suspect that...this was indeed his roommate. What a shame, he expected too much. A solemn frown crossed his lips, disheartened that his roommate didn't seem...strong. But what he heard next threw him for a loop, and one he did not expect was considered.

"But enough of my rambling. Surely you want to de-room me for it, but I do hope you don't."

"De-room you?" Sato scoffed as he crossed his arms.
"I care not about being roommates. I'd be just as fine sleeping on the cold hard ground or the grass as I would sleeping on these beds. It matters little to me what you do here, so long as you stay out of my business I'll stay out of yours. I will compliment you on your character, though." He grinned a wicked grin with a glint of maliciousness behind those devilish eyes. "Your freedom is yours to take and I like that. Perhaps you're not as weak as I first thought you to be...Maybe you will surprise me." He turned the corner and went to the door.

"Do with the room as you want, just stay away from my stuff." He spoke with a threatening tone before leaving the room.

Sato walked the endless corridors of the school with that prominent and well-known scowl of his. It was an invitation, for anyone--anyone to step up and speak to him. To fight him, to hate him, he wanted to feel blood across his lips and the burning, aching sensation of his muscles. He hated being complacent, hated it to his very core. His walk around the school finally led him to the entrance once more, and why was he here? For what reason did he return? Was he going to book it? Never. That thought never crossed his mind. Sato dreaded the summer as it meant being apart from the one place he truly called home. He wondered why ANYONE would want to leave this magnificent place. Maybe Sato arrived at the entrance to scare some freshmen, intending to see their worth through how they react to him..

They all mostly stayed away from him. Sato had no chance to intimidate them as they scurried past him in an attempt to elude interaction..

And then there was none, Sato was alone. He stared at the gates as if he was still waiting for another student to pass by... But it didn't seem like any came. His shoulders slumped in defeat, nobody was willing to butt heads today...Perhaps it was not the right time to do so. He almost admitted defeat and would find a place to train today, that was until a car rolled up to the entrance... And a student reluctantly slid outside of the car. Their driver had their luggage in hand, and offered it to them. In the events that followed the driver quickly left, and the student was the only one left. Sato, in all of his wonderful and most welcoming behavior- scowled at the student. He waited directly at the front of the entrance and there would be no way this one could get away without needing to shove Sato or at least ask him to move.

The wind blew low and gentle, as Sato's midnight black hair drifted with the flow of it. His dull, yellow eyes stared daggers at the student intentionally or no, it was all part of Sato's plan to finally initiate a situation where he'd get what he wanted.

---
Interactions:
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus (Stephanie Rain)
Mentions: Marceline_idue Marceline_idue (Kendi Paris "Prem")

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus (Knott)
Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma (Mamimi)

Monti nodded minutely with a rumbling hum. "Glad it's settled," he said simply.

Surely he didn't have to supervise the move. He didn't have anything particularly interesting to get into or take that he needed to keep an eye on aside from maybe some mundane prescriptions and "beef" jerky.

"I'm gonna head off to the kitchen- find something to eat." And he meant the kitchen. Not the cafeteria. Students weren't exactly allowed in there, but it was one of the many rules that was more of a suggestion. The food wasn't typically too bad and very rarely tampered with, but Monti just preferred to handle his own food. Especially when it came to his dietary needs in particular. He didn't like people he didn't really know handling or preparing the meat.

Fenris Latour

Arriving in the dorm, Fenris placed their bags in their room of choice and wrote their name on the white board. The space seemed empty, but surely wouldn't be for long. The other roommates would arrive, and Fenris was eager to meet them. Plus, they had planned on doing some decorating; Just as soon as they could dig it out of their bags, they planned on putting up their Lycanthropist insignia tapestry on the wall across from the window. Hopefully, it would see a full moon next week, just as ordered by The Gray Mother.
Fenris focused on their own space for now, stocking the school-issued wardrobe with their clothing.

Stephanie Rain

Stephanie was surprised at the relative amnesty Sato seemed to offer. Sure, it was conditional, but Stephanie didn't plan on breaking those conditions even before he mentioned it. It would be foolish, Stephanie thought, to steal from one's own roommate. Even if it weren't obvious who the culprit was, being found out would mean that you were right near the person who would want to wreak vengeance on the theif. Stephanie would not risk her refuge, so tenuously kept.
Almost immediately, she exited the room in order to retrieve her own belongings, hoping they were still in the cafeteria kitchen.

Jolene Wildwood
Pai Chan Pai Chan

Jolene had quite the trek from the Kentucky foster home to TLI. This entire debacle with Fieldskerrian royalty and Captain Zap was almost too much for her, the entire past month being full of interrogations and empty of the woman she called her mother for the entire span of her memory. She wasn't sure if she was Princess Hilda, she wasn't sure she even cared, and she was done waiting on the DNA test, so she had plotted for weeks to make a risky trip to the one place she was even halfway certain would be waiting for her.
She had packed a bag or two, stolen some money, and bribed a small herd of deer to carry her and her stuff to the Institute, and now that she was actually almost there, she was relieved to find that she was right on time. Surely the dorm secured before Fiadh's incarceration would be there, waiting. She felt something had to be as certain as that. After all, to her own knowledge, Jolene herself hadn't been named in the news, though she hadn't seen a television since she absconded from her new foster parents.
Pouring the promised corn on the ground, she unhooked her banjo from the stag's antlers and her bag of clothing from around one of the does' neck, bade farewell to the three deer and jaunted to the school.
Last-minute despair threatened to take over her mind. What if she wasn't actually in the right spot? She'd run out of corn to bribe deer with, and the probability that the police were looking for her loomed.
Then, amid the woods, the shape of the school jutted out from the line of trees against the sky. Despite her weariness from traveling for nearly two weeks, Jolene sprinted across the lawn to the nearest entrance. She wasted no time in finding out that her dorm reservation hadn't been thrown out and when she received her key, she made haste to claim her spot in the dorm and take as long a nap as she could afford.
The nap would have to wait, for she spotted another young woman entering the dorm she had been assigned. Her roommate, no doubt, and hopefully she wasn't up to date on current events. Jolene had no patience at the moment for having to explain things.
Pausing so as not to seem threatening, then entering behind Violet, Jolene immediately sat on the sofa in the common area, not even bothering to take off the backpack. One of the parasols inside made a grinding noise, which Jolene barely noticed as she was inspecting her banjo for possible damage from transit, the case it was in now on the floor.

"Oh, hi." Jolene finally remembered to say, not looking up from the banjo inspection. "I'm Jolene."

Violet Tanukana

1694612287007.pngViolet didn’t get a ton of time to settle in before another girl entered the dormitory behind her. She entered and sat down on the couch to start inspecting an instrument before addressing the witch.

Howdy.” Violet replied, looking at the instrument. Sure, she’d heard a lot about the instrument but this is the first time to see someone with it and not as a joke. Or at least, not as far as she could tell.

I’m Violet.” If the banjo playing was going to be often then she had a feeling a pair of headphones were going to be in order.

"Are you familiar with this place?" Violet inquired. If it happened to be Jolene's first year too, there would be no issue. However, if Jolene was a regular, it would be beneficial for Violet to have someone to show her the ropes. This would include an understanding of the rules and street smarts – knowing what is and isn't advisable when it comes to making a good impression on both students and teachers and avoiding any unwanted attention."

If Jolene was in fact new, just like Violet, then the witch would have to rely on the prospect that their potential third roommate would be aware of how the school operated. And if they weren't, then they would be in a difficult position. It was likely that her sisters would seek advice, however, Violet had nothing to offer. This was an unusual circumstance to be in, as it involved unfamiliar territory. The place they last lived was their home for many years. Where people knew who they were. They were respected. The kind of respect that takes years to build. But now? Here? There were new rules to abide by, backs to watch, and people to be cautious of, although this last point wasn't too different from their previous living arrangement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1694613904966.png1694613931494.png
Junko & Yuri Tanukana
"Hello. my name is Lucius G. Madol. I believe we are to be roommates moving forward." Yuri nodded with a smirk. She wanted to feel inviting. However, Junko didn’t share the same idea. She glared at the young man. She had never lived with anyone other than her sisters. And the thought of her having to share a space where they sleep, or thereabouts, with not only a stranger but a boy as well?

Junko was then seized by her shoulder and pulled in to stand side by side with her sister.

I’m Yuri. And this is my lovely sis, Junko.” Yuri glanced down at her younger sibling. “Say, hello.” The only reaction from Junko was a grunt of acknowledgement and a glare.

“She’s not used to interacting with others besides me and our eldest sister. So, please be patient while she warms up to you.” Junko wriggled out of Yuri’s grasp to retreat back into the bedroom and resume work on her computer. Yuri then stepped forward and passed Lucius, walking towards the two empty rooms.

“So, as you likely gathered me and Junko will be sharing a room. Which is lucky for you because that means you can have the two other rooms since I doubt we’ll get a fourth roommate. My sister and I aren’t heavy on personal belongings so we don’t really have the need to use a second room.” Lucius didn’t seem like much. He looked like a normal younger teenager. But if Junko was anything to go by then looks could definitely be deceiving. Giving some sort of peace offering in the form of a free second room would hopefully allow them to not have to sleep with one eye open. She didn’t know what Lucius was capable of. But in all fairness she didn’t think neither did he, about them.

It was then that Yuri noticed the second lad behind him. Were they getting a fourth?

“And who are you?” She asked, pointing towards the leader of Lucius’ personal escort.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus Jolene Wildwood | Webs Elk Webs Elk Lucius

Lucius

Luci carefully watched the two girls, gaining a first impression of them. While he could feel the extroversion emanating from the one standing before him, the second girl cautiously walking towards him with her long hair was definitely the opposite. She was definitely more closed off, emanating a more mysterious energy at first read. Although their energy was so different, Luci could also feel the similarities they shared, coming quickly to the conclusion that they must be related in some capacity.

“I’m Yuri. And this is my lovely sis, Junko. Say, hello.”

Luci provided a small nodded in greeting as he glanced at the younger sister and waited for a greeting that never came, or did it? Standing in silence for a second, unfazed, he realized that the grunt was the best he was going to get, which, In all fairness, was better then nothing, "It is a pleasure to meet the both of you, Yuri and Junko."

Watching as Junko escaped her sisters grasp, Luci mentally filed the interaction for later, hearing the sound of her computer clacking away in the background.

“She’s not used to interacting with others besides me and our eldest sister. So, please be patient while she warms up to you.”

Luci nodded, his voice betraying the poker face he wore, "That is no problem with me. While I am, among many reasons, also here to form new allegiances, I understand that not everyone may be immediately open to such an idea. I look forward to future interactions."

As Yuri walked past him, Luci looked around the apartment, wondering where she was going, Maybe they have some kitchen supplies that were off limits to show me...

However, to his surprise, she stopped in front of the remaining two rooms.

“So, as you likely gathered me and Junko will be sharing a room. Which is lucky for you because that means you can have the two other rooms since I doubt we’ll get a fourth roommate. My sister and I aren’t heavy on personal belongings so we don’t really have the need to use a second room.”

For the first time in their interaction, Luci let a genuine wide smile past his lips as his eyes widened in excitement. His voice becoming noticeably more melodic, Luci replied, "OH! That is wonderful! I was actually just thinking about how small the rooms are so it is great to have that extra space. I will surely put it to grand use!"

Immediately getting lost in the thought of figuring out what to do now that he effectively had more than double the original space, he almost missed Yuri's next question, “And who are you?”

Turning around as his smile softened, Luci noticed the escort. The boy looked to Luci who just nodded, "Ah. You may speak freely."

The boy bowed slightly before answering, "I am just Master Luci's escort for the day. In addition to leading the move in vanguard, I am to assist him in the planning of navigating various scenarios while here at the school."

Luci nodded, letting his magical abilities flow a bit more freely, and obviously, into the male, "Very wonderfully worded. Thank you for your service"

The escort's eyes gleamed, changing colors for a split second, before going back to normal. With a wide smile now gracing his lips, he replied, "It is my pleasure, Master Luci."

Tags
Interactions: Junko, Yuri ( Pai Chan Pai Chan )

Matthew Gambles
Matthew noticed Danielle's hand stopping halfway as she tried to run it through her hair. He didn't say anything about it, not wanting to get too friendly with the girl. He knew that he could be on the wrong side of town, or rather, the wrong side of town for him.

"Villains huh? I thought those were just in whatever those fake books are called." Matthew said as he took the letter from Danielle, scanning it to find out more about where he was.

"No, I'm not. I thought this was one of those military schools my dad had always threatened to send me to," he continued, answering Danielle's question while handing the letter back to her.

When Danielle mentioned "him" Matthew couldn't help but ask, "Whose that? Your dad?" He was curious but didn't want to push too hard as Danielle seemed scared.

Danielle Lost Echo Lost Echo

Military school. Was his father strict? Or was he the type to get into trouble: smoking, vandalizing buildings, bullying? As she took the letter back, Dani tried not to tense at the thought. Though those people probably weren’t evil, they weren’t exactly good. Then again, could she, an actual killer--she pushed away the reminder--judge him? Folding up the paper, she stuck it in the back of her jeans.

Then he asked about him. She flinched, curling in on herself and looking over her shoulder. Then she registered the rest of his question, “No! My dad iths a good person!” She nicked her tongue on her fang in her indignation, “I already said I wath kidnapped! Sth-ome sth-icko took me and…and…” she was gasping her words, tears burning in her eyes as she simply finished with, “changed me.” She wrapped an arm around herself, but forced herself to meet his gaze. “Look. Monsters are more real than you think. I didn’t believe in, in,” air seemed to catch in her throat, resisting the word, “them before him. But now it’s undeniable.

Shaking her head, she went to walk away, just wanting to flee, when after two steps she froze. Her bad arm reached back unnaturally, causing her to cry out, and grabbed the handle of the luggage once more. Pulling it back at her side, she gasped aloud, stumbling a bit, though she brought the heavy luggage with her easily, then spun around, to face him, her eyes blown wide. “You're still here. So I wasn’t out long. Right? Right?” She knew he could have controlled her arm only, but made her lose time just to make her worry. But she didn't feel any different. The only blood she tasted was her own. She couldn't have hurt Matthew right? He looked okay.

Sunfall27 Sunfall27

Etta Williams
Bang! Bang! Bang!

A figure paused, added new ammo into the rifle they were holding, then shifted to fire again.

Bang!

It was a distraction. A distraction from the fact that it was the start of a new school year. Gods, they hated it here. Most of the “children” were monsters, just like the teachers. Those that were not ended up eaten up into a shell of themselves. And Etta had to pretend not to care.

Oh they’d insisted on using paintballs in their lessons, to prevent the bloodbath they otherwise would be. It was a battle they’d won, but that put them under extra scrutiny. None of the rest of the staff really trusted them. Certainly no one who had any answers.

How long would they be trapped here? One kidnapped, hidden somewhere while the other followed a trail long gone cold.

Bang!

They could lose themselves in the firing. It took all of their focus, to get that perfect shot every time. It kept the despair and hopelessness away.

Imani Omari had a headache and a smile on her face. She stepped onto the grounds of Tudor Lestrange, glancing around for any of her students. Those who had hidden in her rooms after losing their own, who had come to her after trips to the infirmary. Who’d come so often even Eisheth considered them its.

They would need a friendly face on this day. Someone to welcome them. This home could be a hard one, but it could be a warm one, as long as they helped each other. There were few places that would allow someone as possessed as she was to teach, so Miss Imani had made this place hers.

A haunting music, which seemed to have a scream woven within, echoed from the window of Professor Filris’s office. They cared not what day it was. As long as they could play. There were souls coming. But they could wait. They could wait, even as their music reached deep into those who heard it. Like claws seeking blood, their music searched.

Jolene Wildwood
Pai Chan Pai Chan

"Howdy to you too, Violet." she replied with a grin, "I'm Jolene. And yeah, I know this place like the back of my hand. I can give you the grand tour when I catch my breath. By the way, which room do you want? I was thinkin' about taking the room on the end if you don't mind."
Still tired, but now glad to have a roommate that didn't seem to recognize her and also didn't seem hostile so far, Jolene figured her long awaited nap could await longer. It would be worth it to build rapport, and rapport was important to someone such as herself, who planned to run for public office.

Finbar Cody
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Finbar had been knocked out cold, though not- as he may have assumed- from falling off of his horse. No, Finbar had been drugged, and rather severely at that. The contract kidnappers didn't want to take a chance on him waking up, considering the rarity and assumed danger of what he was. And of course, they had figured that if he could survive on a daily basis his head not being attached to the rest of himself, he could probably handle a bit more anesthesia than the average person of his approximate weight.
A private plane ride later, and he was in Cleveland's Hopkins International airport. Soon, he was loaded into the back of a van, and now in the determined destination: A hallway, which while still within TLI was remote compared to where most other kidnapped students were dumped. His belongings were in the common area of his assigned dorm, but that was relatively far from his current location.
Sluggish, but having just enough sense to panic, he fought within himself to become conscious once more. The floor didn't feel right beneath him, and he thus knew that he wasn't on the dirt road he'd been riding on.

"Ember, are ya here?" He tried to call out, but sort of yawned in the middle of saying. The horse didn't answer in any way, still being miles and miles away in Newfoundland.
"Where the hell am I?" Finbar was struggling to keep his eyes open, but was nonetheless aware that he was not even in a hospital. What hospital would have him on the floor?
Carefully crawling his body over to his head, the anesthetic worn off a bit more, He braced himself against the wall before tucking his head (suspiciously free of his riding helmet) safely beneath his arm, and lifted himself to his feet.
When he finally felt able to move safely, he wandered, and soon heard the familiar sound of a bow and string instrument, or at least something like it. It had been a long while since he'd ever felt melancholy about not being able to play the fiddle any more, but something about the situation and the sound felt off. It was the sound of it, perhaps. Something was resonating differently in a grating way, but Finbar felt compelled to follow the sound anyway.
Stopping at the ajar door from which the strange music poured, he peered into the room, scanning it well. The only person there was playing a rather gruesome instrument, for it appeared to be a mummified human or similar creature, fashioned into a functional semblance of an upright bass or cello.
The sight of it shocked Finbar enough that he gasped and tensed, his head nearly dropping from his arm. He had to catch it, and to his chagrin the whole reaction was conspicuous. If this were a nightmare, he'd have woken up by now. That he was sure of.

Monti's short journey to the kitchen was uneventful. He passed by only a handful of other students on the way. Returning students were unphased by him. New ones always had different reactions. Sometimes fear, sometimes awe, and oftentimes some were deliberately unimpressed, which in itself was telling. He spoke to none of them and none of them to him. He wasn't exactly the most approachable.

The kitchen was empty of staff or otherwise when he got there. He helped himself to the walk-in freezer. Somebody had locked him in before, and he'd never found out who, but he didn't care. The cold did nothing to him and he could've easily broken back out if he'd wanted to. It wasn't exactly a safe. The metal was thin, the bulk of the walls being made up of insulation. Instead, he'd shrugged to himself and pulled some homework out of his bag to work on until the kitchen staff found him only a few hours later.

Now, he perused the selection of frozen meat. He was just glad for the thorough labeling of it all- the species, the cut, the date it had been killed, and the best by date. He preferred fresher meat, but he wasn't in the mood for the mess. The weather was still warm and an unorthodox popsicle would be just the thing for a late summer day. That, and it was fun to freak people out with.

He ignored the more obvious cuts, (the miscellaneous limbs and organs and things that still had skin or hide or an excess of bone attached) instead going for an unassuming cut with some decent marbling. He unwrapped it a bit and gave it a good sniff to be sure there was nothing suspicious about it. Satisfied, he headed back out with the large lump of meat clenched in his teeth.

It was a nice day out. Rather than the front lawns, however, he settled himself on a bench in the courtyard. It was quieter there. He could smell that some newly acquired students had recently woken there, but they weren't there anymore.

He tried to enjoy the calm moment, working absently at the rock hard steak with his exposed side teeth, doing his best and succeeding at not letting any thawing blood drip onto his uniform.

(Open for interaction)

Yuri Tanukana
opera-snapshot_2023-07-09_233104_www-instagram-com-png.1100973
Yuri was pleased that Luci seemed genuinely pleased with the living situation. It made sense. Having a whole second room to oneself would be pretty good news upon arriving on their first day to a dorm. But the good feeling didn’t last long.

Once Lucius addressed his escort Yuri could immediately feel that something was off. The girl could practically smell the magic in the air. She almost didn’t even hear what the lad said as she observed him. Studied him for any signs to confirm her suspicions. Then, there it was. If Yuri, even so much as, blinked she would have missed it. The flash in the escort’s eyes only lasted a fraction of a second. But once seeing it Yuri was pretty sure she knew what was happening.

After all, the witch was pretty accustomed to similar magic. Her eldest sister had performed the trick quite a few times. How else would the girls manage to live on grid and alone despite not really being a proper age to rent any sort of property. The oldest of them was only eighteen.

This would be a fine opportunity to test Lucius. She didn’t think he’d try the same sort of magic on either of the girls, not with the room being a sort of peace offering. But she’d have to think of some way to protect against that sort of spell, just in case.

Yuri then beamed at her new roommate.

“A vanguard, huh? And a planner. My sister would like you. Not the quiet one but our eldest.” Yuri went to the main window of the common room and opened the curtains. The view didn’t exactly give much to look at. But that was likely due to it being for the younger class of students. There was pretty much nothing but trees for miles. That accompanied with the overcast weather made for a pretty melancholy view.

“So, are you a rich kid? An escort and personal assistant kind of screams ‘upper class lifestyle’. Nothing against you if you are. It’s just going to take some time adjusting to that type of person. Me and my sisters didn’t really have much. So we hope you’ll bear with us. I do hope you’ll warm up to the little sis. Having someone to interact with besides me or our older sister would do some good. Especially, since we will likely be split up into different classes. If you can get more than a grunt out of her, I’d consider that a pretty good start.”

Webs Elk Webs Elk Lucius

Last edited:
The music cut short, the figure in the bass seeming to grimace before all was quiet. “What’s this?” The shrill whisper broke the silence, as if there were nails on a chalkboard the room over. “A new soul?” They shifted their instrument to a simple stand of wood, then stood to greet the newcomer. “Come in. You felt the call, didn’t you?” Opening the door fully, a crooked smile with too many teeth sliced across their face. “Tell me Dullahan. What felt it stronger, your head or your body?” Which held its soul?

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus (Finbar)

I want this curse gone, at least from myself.
Mamimi seemed momentarily perplexed by the concept. Normally humans would do anything to obtain more power. Even if it meant giving up their humanity entirely. "Intriguing... Your desire to weaken yourself is impractical at best and self destructive at worst. We will be keeping tabs on you, Lazarus." Mamimi says, turning to leave the area, and resume her hunt for more "sample specimens." before everyone got to their rooms. Although in her eyes, this entire thing wasn't a waste of time, she had gone into it assuming that Knott was simply a deviant vampire who didn't fit in with the cliques, now she knew he wanted to be human again. That would be valuable knowledge to abuse and leverage later down the line.

She didn't seem to notice, or maybe she did that she had gone down a hall that wasn't there before.

Mamimi would find herself in the sudden presence of what appeared to be a setting that had either been illusionarily altered or was a pocket dimension. A hallway that had taken on the appearance of that of a 1980s Japanese animation.

"Oh new girl, Mamimi-Senpai! Is it true that we're bound to be together by fate itself~?" A voice arose from behind her.

"Entrapping an agent of Organization Q is a serious miscalculation. You are making a powerful enemy, unidentified target." Mamimi begins. "Please release me or I will be forced to terminate you." She turns around, to face the person standing behind her. A girl with bright cyan hair and a cat-girl-like appearance.

"But of course. Why wouldn't our little heroine be immune to my psychological warfare? For her creators never gave her a heart! It's CRIMINAL CRIMINAL CRIMINAL that you don't want to facilitate my advances..." A much deeper and more distorted voice says, immediately realizing it's abilities may not work as they traditionally do on more human or biological opponents.

"I will not warn you again. Release me, anomaly, or I will terminate you." Mamimi responds.

"Nhun.. You're no fun fun fun to torture. You probably won't even [SCREAM]... Such a shame. We could've been best friends if I could hurt you in any way I care to..." The entity replies.

The entity lets a black fluid leak out of its mouth which soon overtakes the illusory pocket dimension, which then evaporates away. "I can't beat you in normal combat. To be honest, I'm a little too weak. But don't tell anyone, okay? Mamimi-[SENPAI]... We can't have secrets at all these days, because of nosy people like you."

"It will be your-

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAULT!"

"Don't count on my silence if it suits me not to be..." Mamimi says.

"No fun no fun no fun! But I still [LOVE] you!" The entity responds, before sliding between the gap between lockers and de-manifesting.

"...That will also be one to watch..." Mamimi says.

Tell her what you get from this and where you get it from, or I'm afraid we will have to decline
"Mm... Okay mister birdy. My desserts are addictive, once people start eating them, they won't wanna stop." She says. "You can do a lot when your the sole provider of something people crave. But, I guess if you're not looking for that opportunity then you'd be free to decline and I could find someone else..." She pushes the tips of her fingers together cutely, attempting to appear more innocent with her gumdrop eyes and candy-corny smile.

"Honestly, it doesn't make a difference. In fact, I'd probably have more creative freedom with someone who was in a more henchmanlike position, but I'm not sure if they'd do as good a job." She says. "But if you take my offer I can assure you you'll be the only supplier!" She winked playfully.

Beckett Nyx
Beckett's heart raced as the other things words sunk in. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, and his eyes remained fixed on its every movement. Something about them made him uneasy, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. As he shifted his gaze to the other person who had gathered around her, a wave of confusion washed over him."Why would she get killed?" Beckett demanded, his voice rising. His mind raced with a hundred questions, and he searched the eyes of the creatures for some explanation. "I would never murder her," Beckett continued, but his voice shook. Something in the way the girl had acted made him realize that these things had no idea who he was or what he was talking about.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Vex Von Brandt, Malice Von Brandt, and Igor Sowaski
Sunfall27 Sunfall27

Malice's brow crinkled at Beckett's suspicious sounding answer. She took a step back, and the two other hybrids took a step forward.

"Malice, take your bags and go with Igor to the cafeteria." Vex began, "and I'll sort this out." His tone was grim and tense, nearly threatening but still ambiguous. "Were you going to kill my sister?"

As Malice and Igor did as Vex said, they both asynchronously turned to look back at Vex and his potential adversary until they were out of sight range.

"You'd think there'd be some amnesty if it's the first day," Malice sighed.
"Usually there is, but usually isn't all the time. Don't feel bad about getting caught off guard, but remember this isn't like the lab. Not everyone here is even supposed to be on the same side of evil." Igor checked his smart watch for the time as he spoke, "It's almost time for lunch. I'll take you to your dorm so you can drop of your bags after I show you where the cafeteria is."

Finbar Cody
Lost Echo Lost Echo

"Uh, I dunno?" Finbar's panic continued, "What does it matter where I felt it more?"
Finbar was majorly weirded out, but this person was the only other sign of life in what seemed like endless hallways to his still-woozy mind. If he could at least get some information, he would feel better, but he was afraid to ask where he was just yet.

Knott Lazarus

"Hmm... They forgot the dandruff," Knott said with grim sarcasm, and made their way back to their assigned dorm, where they quickly re-deposited the entirety of their belongings one bedroom over, and wrote their name on the newly claimed door's whiteboard. They considered getting some canned pork blood and a bag of chips from one of the cafeteria's vending machines, but the anxiety about having their stuff stolen still lingered strongly enough that Knott stuck around the dorm.

Sharon Angler and Thorntalon

"Sounds fair, but I think I'll stick to the distribution of the sweets. If I can add that detail, then it's a deal." Sharon stuck out her hand to shake, and Thorntalon waited to extend a wing for the same purpose.
"I suppose we may be on the same side, then," Thorntalon stated, "but I'll keep my meals consisting of wild and farmed meats. Still, what's good for the hawk is good for the tiercel." Thorntalon figured that Sharon was still within the terms of their contract, whether Alice agreed with Sharon's terms or the two decided not to agree.

Sharon Angler and Thorntalon

"Sounds fair, but I think I'll stick to the distribution of the sweets. If I can add that detail, then it's a deal." Sharon stuck out her hand to shake, and Thorntalon waited to extend a wing for the same purpose.
"I suppose we may be on the same side, then," Thorntalon stated, "but I'll keep my meals consisting of wild and farmed meats. Still, what's good for the hawk is good for the tiercel." Thorntalon figured that Sharon was still within the terms of their contract, whether Alice agreed with Sharon's terms or the two decided not to agree.
"You don't wanna dip into your own supply? I guess that's fair. But in that case, it's a deal! Under one condition..." Alice begins. "I'd like to propose an ejection clause, if either of us fails to meet the other's standards for a prolonged period, the other should be allowed to discontinue the partnership. It's for your safety, afterall, just like my desserts, I wanna it to be sweet for you too! In case I fail to meet your expectations for any reason, I wouldn't want to saddle you with something that'd end up just driving us apart!"

Arriving in the dorm, Fenris placed their bags in their room of choice and wrote their name on the white board. The space seemed empty, but surely wouldn't be for long. The other roommates would arrive, and Fenris was eager to meet them. Plus, they had planned on doing some decorating; Just as soon as they could dig it out of their bags, they planned on putting up their Lycanthropist insignia tapestry on the wall across from the window. Hopefully, it would see a full moon next week, just as ordered by The Gray Mother.
Fenris focused on their own space for now, stocking the school-issued wardrobe with their clothing.
The door to the larger roomspace opened up. A cutesie cat-girl who looked more like she should be attending the "Calgary School for Young Princesses" or the "Hokkaido Magical Girl Private Academy" stood in the doorway. "Hello? Hello~oo?" She asked, her voice coming out in stereo like that of commercial quality magnetic tape from the 1980s.

"Come out and see mee~ I have preee~sents~!" She had this sing-songy tone to her voice that was only slightly muffled by the stereo sound.

Violet Tanukana
1694612287007-png.1113931
Violet nodded. Good. Having someone around to help show her the ropes would help quite a bit with the adjustment from staying at this school. Upon being asked, Violet looked towards the room Jolene mentioned. The rooms seemed to be more or less similar in their layout.

“Sure, I have no problem taking whichever is left. Kind of the way me and my sisters have been for quite a while.” Then an idea came to mind.

“Do you know if this place has a library? And if so, how well stocked is it?” Violet almost looked sheepish. “I’m sort of a bookworm.” Violet had to work hard to contain her excitement. She’d be lying if she didn’t admit to fantasizing about the entire Dark Academia genre when it came to libraries. Being able to walk dozens of isles across even two stories and getting lost among the countless catalog of books a library of such a place would, surely, made butterflies swirl in the pit of her stomach.

But of course Violet would sooner die a thousand deaths than admit any of this out loud. Although, it was pretty clear to her sisters already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back