• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy An Era of Strife (A Nations RP)

Nine

The Shadow of Garser
This is going to be quite difficult to describe so please grant me the benefit of some understanding.

I would like to build a world. I am not looking for a small group meant to operate in a large world. I want to build a world that is immense and growing and can facilitate players entering and leaving without falling. I want it to last years and to change and transform. This is how I see it --

There will be several kingdoms, each representing a somewhat smaller world. Characters (RPers) will act as rulers, advisors, governors, nobility, merchants, military, peasants, whatever suits you within these kingdoms. Each kingdom's thread will exist independent of the others, though other threads (one for rulers, several for conflict and crossover) will shape and change things. For example,

Suppose that you RP as a merchant within Kingdom A. Your daily life involves RPing with others in your city/village/country. This all takes place within your kingdom's thread. However, if, in another thread, conflict arises between your kingdom and another, you may find yourself conscripted, your life changing. Your kingdom may be conquered and your life altered. Perhaps during battle you may prove yourself and rise to power. No one is safe and even rulers can be overthrown.

There will be separate tabs for character creation for each nation, IC RPing for each nation, crossovers between nations, and more.

This is all still very high level and the first step will be to identify by invitation rulers to control each kingdom. Any prospective applicants will need to be aware that this will take investment and attention. Detailed posts are expected and any major players will need to be consistent and committed.

Help me make the largest RP on RpN a reality.

So long as I can be a reptile of some sort, or a dragon, or a shape shifter... Count me in. I will rule with a firm but loving hand, if you should have me.

That's a debate I'm actively working through in my mind. This is still a ways out - there will be a lot of building to do. I haven't decided yet if I'll let things go that far down the fantasy rabbit hole. It may be a largely non-magical, non-fantastical thing.

Nine said:
That's a debate I'm actively working through in my mind. This is still a ways out - there will be a lot of building to do. I haven't decided yet if I'll let things go that far down the fantasy rabbit hole. It may be a largely non-magical, non-fantastical thing.
Yeah, a lot of groundwork will need to be completed to make sure folks are generally on the same creative page. A "fantasy nation" is a really big range of possibility.

Sounds awesome, but I'm horrible at commitments. I'd love to give feedback during the "world creation" phase though - I do so love crunching numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back