• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern An Epic Quest for Tales (one x one search)

Nuit

find me where the wild things are
Hello. As many of you are, I’m here looking for writing buddies. I have been role-playing for a long time and I love writing just because it improves my own creativity and I like reading a good story.

I’m currently looking for long term partners so we can chat OOC and get to know each other. No man is an island, after all. But if OOC chatter isn’t your thing, I can respect that as well. I just like to keep my partners updated so in case I can’t reply, I can shoot you a quick message. I’m a student working part-time so life may get busy, but I’ll always try my best to reply promptly. Other than that, I have a pet bunny and I’m very into artistic things like drawing, music, and bullet journaling. I’m pretty much just a dork who also plays MMOs/RPGs from time to time. Sorry, I suck at intros. XD

The Skinny:

- I love, love, love plotting and fleshing characters out. Character development is so very important to me because I try to imagine their lives full on. So please bear with me if I write you long plot-lines, I swear I’m going somewhere with it even if I’m rambling.

- I like to write in detail and can probably produce at least 3-4 paragraphs or match the amount of writing that my partner has.

- I’m very open to playing all genders and sexualities. I have a slight bias for playing female roles for obvious reasons, but it doesn’t mean that I won’t play a male. While I do like romance, I’m also completely fine with antagonistic and platonic relationships. No need to be all lovey dovey all the time. Besides, I’m more of a slow burn fan than anything. I want feelings to develop naturally and not be forced.

- I do double characters at most. Anything more is really asking for trouble. Like I said, character development is important so I don’t want to get it watered down by throwing another minor character into the mix.

- Aesthetic-wise, I have no problem using anime, semi-realistic art, or real people as references, but I don’t mind having written descriptions either. More fuel to the imagination, I’d say.

- I do have limits. I will absolutely not write incest or non-consensual situations. Sorry, just not my cup of tea. But feel free to give me all the action, violence, and gore. I don’t shy away from that. Also, let me know what your limits are so we can avoid topics that you’re not comfortable in and write only things that we like to write about.

- Mechanics-wise, anything goes. I’m flexible to all kinds whether PMs, threads, messengers (discord/aim/skype), Googledocs, or any form of medium not mentioned above.

Pairings, Settings, and Themes:

- Supernatural (Ghost/Demon/Angel/God/Dragon/Beast) x Human, Criminal x Psychologist, Human x Android/Robot, Soldier/Sniper x Civilian/Medic, Band member x Rival band member, Spy x Spy, Rebel x Academic, Detective x Thief, Actor x Fan, Body guard x Politician/Politician’s Offspring, superhero x Superhero/Villain/Civilian, Uncover cop x Mafia, Astronaut x Alien, Assassin x Assassin, Scientist x Experiment, Human x Imaginary friend, Hunter x Paranormal (Vampire/Werewolf/etc.), Royalty x Pauper, Mermaid x Pirate, Rogue x Mage, Bonnie x Cylde, Archaeologist x Member of lost civilization, Professor x Student, Serial killer x Journalist, Bootlegger x Flapper, Dealer x Addict, Bartender x Alcoholic, Mastermind x Lackey, Sheriff x Outlaw, Terminally ill person x Spouse, Drug lord x Lead investigator

- Modern, Urban, Futuristic, Post-apocalyptic, Steampunk, Dystopian, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mystery, Horror/thriller, Humour, Slice of life, Suspense, Prohibition era, Westerns

- Frenemies, Strained relationships, Opposites attract, Buddy cops, Long distance lovers, Age gaps, Time travelling, Powers, Childhood sweethearts, Cheating, Drunk vegas weddings, Toxic relationships, Unexpected pregnancies, Band/celebrity life, exes, Soulmates, Blind dates, Room/flat mates, Forbidden love, Renegades, Amnesia, Addiction, Young newlyweds, Friends to lovers, Partners in crime, Grieving/widows, Power play, Good vs Evil, Dares and stunts, Motorcycle gangs, Street racers, Serial killers, Paranormal investigators, Medieval knights/Arthurian legends, Mutants, Human revolution, Two worlds collide, Archenemies, Revenge/grudge match, Heists, Underground fight clubs, Zombies

Fandoms:

- Quick note: I prefer OCs to Canons. But if you’d like a canon role, be my guest.

- Marvel/DC, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Maximum Ride, Death Note, Ouran High, Hellsing, Soul Eater, Pokemon, Fast & Furious, Pacific Rim (Jaeger co-pilots please!), Gears of War, Assassins Creed, Dishonoured, Deux Ex, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Watch Dogs, Prince of Persia, Left4Dead, Outlast, Until Dawn, Buffy, Sherlock, BBC Humans, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Peaky Blinders, American Horror Story, iZombie, Sense8, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Criminal Minds

Quotes and Lyrics:

- “I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't.”

- “I got a feeling I might have lit the very fuse that you were trying not to light.”

- “I know what I want, because I have it in my hands right now. You.”

- “I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.”

- “I don’t know what’s worth fighting for. Or why I have to scream.”

- “A fatal attraction is common and what we have common is pain.”

- “I’m not a player, I just crush a lot.”

- Right before I'm about to drown, she resuscitates me. She fucking hates me and I love it.”

- “I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.”

- “You're not a doctor. You're a murderer with a medical degree.”

- “This isn’t my first prison break.”

- “You don’t seem to understand, I’m not locked in here with you. You’re locked in here with me!”

- “Blind faith is a dangerous thing.”

- “Loneliness. Pain. Desperation. These are the things that motivate you.”

- “That wasn’t the only stupid thing I did. I do stupid things in packets of ten.”

- “Don’t fall in love with me unless you’re prepared for a goddamn fight.”

- “In a world where people come and go. Love is fleeting and kindness is rare.”

- “You're the new face of the department - the modern cop who tries to understand why the perp does what he does. Me, I just drop the hammer down on the lowlifes.”

Random Prompts:

- “You make a deal with the monster under your bed in order to fight the boogie man that terrorizes the two of you from the closet.”

- “Every person's threat level to you is displayed above their head. On a seemingly normal day, you walk into work only to see that every person's threat level to you is displayed as critical.”

Plots:

1. Safe Haven

Muse A and Muse B are long lost childhood friends. Muse A was a pretty good kid, always did their homework, never got into trouble. Muse B, on the other hand, grew up in the wrong side of the tracks and wanted to just get away from their home. They met each other and balanced each other fairly well. But then Muse A had to move away and Muse B fell into the trap of criminal life. Fast forward, a decade or two, in some twisted fate, they encounter each other again. But not in a way that they expected. Muse B just got out of parole and is trying to do good with their life when a confused and ragged looking Muse A comes knocking at their door. What Muse B doesn’t know is that Muse A has fell into some hardships and has become an addict who just stole from their dealer. Now, Muse A is seeking Muse B’s help, but Muse B is conflicted. Muse A was a really good friend of theirs, but are they worth the trouble of going back to jail again.

2. Crossfire

Muse A is a spy who’s assigned to infiltrate Muse B’s agency/corporation. In order to do so, Muse A appears to be a new-hire and is given Muse B as a mentor. While still in training, Muse B saves Muse A’s life so Muse A feels a bit guilty about having to betray Muse B. Just as Muse A wants to call the operation quits, they receive an order to eliminate Muse B. Instead of killing Muse B, Muse A tips them off and is now considered a traitor to their agency. Yet, Muse B hasn’t escaped hot waters. When Muse B’s employers figure out that they were sharing their intel with Muse A, they are also branded as a traitor to their agency. They now have a choice to either kill each other or work together to escape the wrath of their employers.

Royalty x Pauper, Student x Teacher, Bonnie x Clyde, Unexpected Pregnancy, Serial Killers, Forbidden Love, Supernatural x Human

Royalty x Pauper, Student x Teacher, Bonnie x Clyde, Unexpected Pregnancy, Serial Killers, Forbidden Love, Supernatural x Human

I have an inkling of a plot idea for Supernatural x Human, if you'd like to hear about it. But I can most definitely do Bonnie x Clyde too! I'm so bad at decisions so I'd let you chose. cx

I have an inkling of a plot idea for Supernatural x Human, if you'd like to hear about it. But I can most definitely do Bonnie x Clyde too! I'm so bad at decisions so I'd let you chose. cx

I'd love to hear your idea for Supernatural x Human :)

I'd love to hear your idea for Supernatural x Human :)

The short of it is that a human saves an "Ancient One" from peril. The Ancient One could be an species, but they've lived kind of a very jaded existence where they loath all contact with anyone or anything. Now, being indebted to the human. They try to find a way to detach themselves from them, but the human is somewhat much more harder to shake off than they thought. Whether the human wants something more cynical or not is really up for plotting. Like, they could be using the Ancient to gain more power because maybe they struggle with their own existence?

Yes a few along with some in a mystery setting as well or modern im flexible to some of the genre ideas you posted

Oh, I would really love to do something along the lines of Jack the Ripper or The Headless Horseman in a fantasy setting! Maybe a murder mystery?

Sure as long as you don't mind it being a original murder mystery it can be in the setting but like doing my own stories too.

Sure as long as you don't mind it being a original murder mystery it can be in the setting but like doing my own stories too.

No worries. I love developing original plots and settings! I just would like the elements of mass hysteria and kind of a very terrorizing villain. I'll send you a PM if the site allows. c:

Hello! I'm really interested in a few of these! I really like the time traveler idea, the ghost x human, forbidden love, room mates, or pretty much anything along those lines!

Well you look super busy! But would you still like to write if so, I was thinking a toxic relationship. Hmm? Let me know!!(:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back