• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Adventure between LetsGo and Ao

AoAi

The almighty Ao
Year xx17

The Kingdom of Lyre is situated on the coast. Barricaded by the sea to the east, the Kingdom of Brighton to it's west, and the Kingdom of Bonswa in the North. The biggest of the 3 kingdoms being Brighton, followed by Bonswa, and lastly it was Lyre. Though, despite being the smallest of the three kingdoms, it was huge in sea trade. It had a strong military that defended the boarders of the country with a fierceness and they had a diplomacy that was used as the stable for handling all business. It made a name for itself as being the continents neutral zone. Many people came through there to travel over the water to go to the land of Zyair which was rich in its own ways. It had many kingdoms there too, but they aren't important right now.

Mala.jpg

Within the kingdom of Lyre, in the heart of the kingdom was the city of Mala. Mala situated in a unique fashion on the water. There were many water ways, that flowed through the city, and with those water ways, were strong dams made by the kings best stone crafters. Mala was were every young Lyrian would want to visit and was one of the first cities that people would stop at if they were traveling through the water from Zyair or any of the islands that were littered off the coast. The city was bustling with life and exuberance. There was art, music, children laughing and a small coliseum for duels and shows. And this is where we find the heroine of this story. She was on a ship docking at the port to inter the city. Her name was Raelie.

Raelie took a deep breath to smell the new air of Mala and exhaled loudly. "AAAAAH I'm in MALA!" She cheered off the side of the ship. She looked over starboard and saw her father standing on the dock waving at her. She waved excitedly to him. He then motioned for her to come down to him and she nodded quickly. She ran down the deck of the ship and ran down the ramp when she saw her father who stood there with his arms open to her.

"PAPA!" She laughed as she fell into his opened arms and was lifted up and twirled around. She was so thrilled to see her father that she was okay with hearing the crew behind her chuckle at her reaction.

"Well, hello there my sweet daughter! It's been so long! My, you've grown so much." Her father spoke to her with great fondness when he put her down, he pushed some of her dark curls from her face, "You look so much like your mother. I've missed you." he added softly as he hugged her tight. And Raelie returned that hug with the same tightness. They stood like that for a moment before Raelie pulled away and grabbed a hold of her fathers' hand.

"Okay! We can catch up more later, I am a young island adult and I want to get a horse and see the city now!" She excited chattered to her father as she tried to drag him away from the boat. He wasn't budging though, and she looked back at him with a scowl. "Are we not going nooow or what?" she asked with a suspicious glare on her face. Her father rolled his eyes and pointed back to the ship. Her eyes followed his pointing finger and saw a crew member with her travel trunk. Her mouth dropped and she could feel her face heat up. Dropping her fathers hand she rushed back up the ramp to the crew member, gave a hasty thanks as he laughed at her good naturally, patted her head, and waved her goodbye. Her dad had followed her up the ramp, took the trunk from her and waved the crew goodbye, nodding his head in thanks and taking his daughter away.

Raelie and her father walked from the dock and pier happily chatting and trying to catch up with each other. As she walked through the city she was many different people she wasn't accustomed to. Her father guided her along but, Raelie was extremely curious about the new demographic. You'd think she was 13 with how she acted but she was 19 and just was interested in everything. So interested, that she accidentally ran into a man with very dark eyes and was dressed upped enough to make her think he was important.

"Oh...I'm so sorry! I just... I'm so sorry" She said without thinking, the man scoffed at her and shoved her to the side. She fell to the ground and looked at the man standing above her with a glare. She was just about ready to get yell at the man when her father reappeared (where did he even go? She thought), helped her stand up and ushered her away. "Who even was that?" she asked.

"A dangerous man Rae. Let's just go." Her father shushed her and they went their way. Though Rae had a feeling that he would be someone she would see again.

"Well, well. If it isn't Daemon Blackfyre." A voice called, slowing Daemon in his tracks. He halted his horse, turning around a bit to notice a guard patrol, four spear men in chain mail, with one swordsman in front, wearing plate and bearing a sergeant's insignia.

"I didn't know you'd come back to these parts. You look a bit better than the last time I saw you." The sergeant said, smiling a bit.

Daemon slid off his horse and extended his hand. "Arthur, good to see you're still up and about, although you're looking a bit grayer in the beard. Yes, the life of an adventurer has been kind to me, kinder than most. That's what paid for all this." He said, gesturing to the saddle, horse, and the leather armor he wore. Most notably were the sword at his hip and the shield attached to his horse. Anyone who saw them could tell they were fine work, and why not? A dull sword and a broken shield made for a dead adventurer.

"And what's that? Suppose that came with the job as well?" Arthur asked, pointing his finger at a wiggling sack tied over the rump of the horse. Two boots poked out of the sack, and faint grunts and mumblings could be heard from inside.

"Oh that. Well, that's my whole reason for coming back to Mala. Heard of a really good bounty out on this wonderful gentleman. Not usually my style, but I don't really abide by thieves and murders, and this one was a winner on both accounts. Had to sneak into his camp to bring him back alive, but it was a good rush, and it came with a few bonuses." Daemon said, patting a small pouch on his side, a jignling coming from it.

"Well, now that is a good time. Well, I won't keep you long. The city has changed a lot in the two years you've been gone, and you'd best get reaquainted. Lots of work for people like yourself, and you might look into the adventuring guilds and the jobs they provide as a way to make some more money for yourself." Arthur replied. He offered Daemon a wave before him and his troops marched down the street, their armor gleaming in the early morning. Daemon hopped back on to his horse and promptly made his way to the nearest guard station. He turned in the individual, collected the bounty, and headed off in search of an inn to spend the night in. He decided to give Dawn, his horse, a break and walked beside him as he made his way through the crowded streets, a hand on his mount's reigns.

"Now buddy, where should we spend the night? I feel a bed calling my name, and I'm sure you'd like a good rub down, some hay, and perhaps even a few apples for a job well done?" Daemon asked, a smile playing across his face as he walked on. Dawn responded with a soft neigh, voicing his agreement. Daemon was had just spotted a suitable inn when he saw a man shove a girl to the ground. He watched her get helped to her feet by an older man as they began to walk off. He watched the assailant walk off, and Daemon shook his head.

"Well, some things haven't changed about this city." He mumbled.

Raelie followed her dad begrudgingly. She was upset that she couldn't admonish the guy but she supposed her father knew better about the people there. Where she was from, her town was small and the women were just as willful as the men. It was encouraged in their town for everyone to individualise themselves. Men and women were able to do similar jobs and learned similar things. The town was like that because they didn't want anyone to be unprepared if something bad happened.

That being said, Raelie didn't really know how to fight, and even if she did, she would be the one embarrassed. She knew that the mainland didn't teach girls as well as she had been taught. She was glad her father wasn't in a small town. She knew that the people would look at her with scorn. A lot of people had feelings about a girl, who wasn't royal, a teacher, or a merchants daughter having such advanced education that Raelie got in her town. Her town leaders had warned her that she would need to act differently in the city, she just hoped she could live up to their expectations.

The whole idea was starting to damper Raelie's mood and her father noticed it and wrapped his arm around his daughters shoulder to hug her to him. "Rae, don't be sad! I know it's different but you'll get used to it." he looked to his daughter with a smile on his face, which Rae returned after a nod of reassurance "You'll find your place here. I know you will." he added with a quick squeeze of affection before he let his daughter go and continue to guide her to his home.

Rae looked at her father with gratitude in her eyes and nodded back to him. "Thanks Papa." Taking her hands, she patted her cheeks to get snap herself out of her down turned mood and got her excitement back.
*~*~*~*​
After a few more moments of Raelie excitedly looking around the market, and mentally marking her father's favourite places to go to in the city, they finally managed to make it to her fathers house.

She was so amazed by the size of her father's house. He had a two story town house, with a sign handing from it reading 'Doctor and Herbalist Shop'. She waited as patiently as she could for her father to open the door. When it was finally opened she was in awe. The shop was the forefront of the house with a back room for the storage and to the left of the shop was another opening that lead to the infirmary, which was closed behind a door.

"Papa! You closed the shop to come get me? You shouldn't have!" her eyes were wide with the prospect of her fathers' loss of business. He just chuckled at her dramatics and ruffled her hair.

"Don't worry about it Rae. I can take a day off. It's only once in my life that my daughter comes to live with me. Besides Doctor Jones is here to make sure that at least half of the business is still going." he pointed to the closed door to emphasize his point. "Which reminds me, I should check up on him. Here" he placed her travelling trunk on the ground near her and pointed to the back of the store, "Go back there, it'll lead you to the stairs to go upstairs. Go get settled."

He left her to go into the infirmary, and she couldn't help but childishly stick her tongue out to his back. Picking up her trunk she moved to the back of the store, found the stairs and ascended into the living area above.

Of course, when she entered the home she immediately looked and fawned over everything. Her father had a portrait of her and her mother up on his wall. She mentally made a note to get a new portrait done now that she was older. It took forever to do but she would do it for her father. Refocusing herself, she sought out her room, which she found quickly. The room was smaller than her room back on the island but it was perfect. The view was out facing the city and she was so pleased. Placing her trunk down by her bed, she walked over to her window and unlatched the handle to open it and lean against the window sill.

She couldn't wait to see what she would do next in this city.

Daemon entered the inn and walked up to the counter. A few of the regulars were already seated there, ordering their dinners and discussing things such as the work projects they were on, the amount of fish they caught that day, and the repairs being made to some of the Lyrian fleet. Daemon waited for the innkeeper, a buxom women in her mid to late thirties, to approach him. She looked him up and down for a moment, seeming to asses if he was going to be trouble, before she spoke to him.

"Well, I suspect you'll be wanting food and a room? You look the type." She asked as she wiped a tankard clean with the edge of her apron.

"You have me pegged. I'd like dinner and a room for... well... at least the next two days. I might stay longer though." He replied as he sat down at the counter.

"Well, room goes for about five silvers a night, and the food can range from nine copper pieces to seven silvers." The innkeeper added.

"Well, what's on the menu then?" Daemon asked, his curiosity piqued. He had been travelling for the last four days and a home-cooked meal sounded amazing.

"Tonight's menu is a mutton chop with bread and seasonings. If you wanted a little more than that I've got some parsnip stew as well as some meat pie left over from breakfast. Of course, I've also got whatever drink you desire." The woman added, leaning a bit of her weight on the counter.

"I'll have the chop and the soup. Also, I'll take a mug of any kind of cider you've got." Daemon replied, his stomach making grumbling noises in anticipation of the food he would eat. The innkeeper nodded as she stood up.

"Aye, that and the room makes for about 7 silvers a night. You have to pay upfront for the first night, after that I can take the rest on credit, so long as you don't skip out." She said, looking him in the eyes.

"And miss dinner? I think not." Daemon said with a laugh as he dug around in his side pouch, before producing a handful of silver coins. The innkeeper informed him that she would have his meal ready in about fifteen minutes while handing him the key to his room. Daemon headed upstairs, unlocked the third door on the left, and walked inside.

Inside was a simple room. It consisted of a chair, a bed, and an unlit lamp. The bed was covered with tan linens, the sheets pulled up and flattened out. Whatever maid staff the innkeeper employed, they did their job well. Daemon walked over and dropped his things by the bed, before thumping on to it. It was made of straw, but new straw, which had a clean scent and made Daemon feel only a little sleepy. He sighed, enjoying the sounds of the town coming from his window. After a minute or two he sat up and grabbed his satchel from the ground. He thought that he should make a quick check of his supplies before he figured out what he was going to do next. Inside was a journal, stamps and seals, a dagger, a few loose picks and tools, and three vials. Two of the vials were empty, whereas one held a deep blue substance. Daemon checked everything over before he closed the satchel and lowered it to the floor again.

"I need to refill those vials with some health potions. Maybe I'll do that later tonight, if I have some time and can find a place that is still open. Perhaps they'll have some work I can do in exchange, otherwise I might run low on funds again." He muttered to himself. Daemon spent the next few minutes enjoying his bed, before he headed downstairs and began to tuck in to a delicious meal.

Raelie looked down at the children in the little square outside her new home and smiled at their antics. It reminded her so much of when she was a child and it made her a little homesick. She had just gotten in the mainland and she already felt the tug to go back home. She shook her head out of those thoughts and just looked ahead at the children fondly.

A knock was what distracted her from her daydreaming and gazing. "You can come in!" She answered as she moved from her perch against the window. She turned to see her father entering the room with a tray that had a plate that was filled with pieces of fish and rice on it. He placed it on the nightstand that was next to her bed. She took that opportunity to walk over to her father. "Thanks Papa, that smells amazing! How was the infirmary?" she asked curiously.

Her father sat her down on her bed and placed the tray in her lap. "Eat, and I'll tell you about the infirmary." She rolled his eyes but got more comfortable on her bed, then she started to pick at the fish with her fork. She gave her father a pointed look to prompt him to start talking. "Haha, you are so impatient like your mother. Anyway, the infirmary was fine. There wasn't any big injuries. Just a few stitches here and there but so far everyone is alright. Doctor Jones has gone home for the night, so I'll monitor the infirmary."

Raelie hummed in reply as she ate and hoped that would get across to her father, the question she had which was what was she going to do? Luckily, her father knew her well and continued with a twinkle in his eyes. "Well, since I'll be on the infirmary side, I was wondering if you'd like to take care of the Herbal side of the shop? Since you know, people deserve to do a little shopping since I wasn't opened earlier."

Raelie almost choked on her fish when she heard that. Her father laughed at her as he patted her back to help her stop choking, and offered her the cup of water that accompanied the tray. When Raelie was finally done with her short near death experience she nodded quickly. "ABSOLUTELY PAPA. Why would you even ask?!?! You know I would love to have something to do! ALSO, how could you wait until I was eating to throw that at me??? Are you trying to kill me?" She asked frantically with a playful glare at her father not even noticing that she switched to the native language of her island.

Her father just pinched her cheek and rolled his eyes. "Finish eating, put the tray in the wash basin in the kitchen and come down when you're ready. I'll keep the door to the infirmary open in case you need me. But I trust you to handle the transactions. Okay?"

"I understand Papa! Thank you!" she grinned at her father as he left the room to go back downstairs to start whatever task he had in the infirmary. She did her best to not choke as she finished up her meal. She rushed through the motions of her fathers' instructions and soon found herself downstairs behind the counter awaiting for anyone to come in and purchase some herbs.

As the sun started to set more, and the sky started to transition into darkness, she took a moment to light each of the lamps that lined the shop. She could see outside the men lighting the city lamps too, and she waved at some of them as they past by the shop window.

Daemon wandered down the street, mentally repeating the directions given to him by the innkeeper, whose name was Anne. Anne had pointed him in this direction, as there was a combined herbalist and doctor somewhere in this section of the city. Looking around, Daemon could see that he would be a busy man. The rowdy nature of the night time would certainly lead to the occasional fight or two, and in a city this large pickpockets and thieves were in abundance. To ward off such denizens, Daemon had made sure he carried his sword, but opted to leave his shield in the room. After all, he was going to shop, not to battle.

Daemon looked over and saw a picture of a mortar and pestle, a classic sign of an apothecary or doctor. He examined the large building. The first floor seemed to be divided between some sort of medical ward and a shop. His attention was first focused on the few patients in the ward, and the man walking around, answering the calls made by their wordless lips. Daemon then turned his attention to the other side of the house and noticed that it was a shop. It had glass containers full of leaves and powders, and he knew that was where he was supposed to be. He walked forward and entered the shop, closing the door behind him.

He was a little shocked at how young the girl behind the counter was, but he figured that sometimes age belied wisdom. He walked up to the partition and spoke.

"Hello, I take it you are the herbalist? I was wondering if you could make me a couple of potions. I was also wondering if you were in need of any ingredients that I could gather? That way we could work out some sort of deal?" He asked the young lady behind the counter.

When the shop was well lit, she sat back behind the counter to be ready for any customers that may come by. Her time, luckily was not neglected. There was quite a few patrons that came by to meet the Doctor's daughter and buy the herbs they were not able to get during the day. She got to talk to so many people and it was entertaining to say the least. Some even could tell she had a slight accent and spoke to her in her home language! She didn't expect people on mainland to still learn the language but she was pleasantly surprised.

She had just helped an elderly women with her purchase and regained her spot behind the counter when a man came in. He was older but that didn't take away from his very handsome stature. She could tell that he was not from Mala either, especially with the giant sword that hung from his hip. Her eyes immediately locked onto it. She began to imagine what kind of battles he must have gotten in with that sword. She briefly wondered if he had ever...killed someone. They really do have a different kinds of people in Mala. It's not that she wasn't used to seeing swords, but this man had a foreign aura to her. One that wasn't like the swordsmen back home.

She heard him speak to her, but didn't process any of the words because she was focused on her own musings. Looking a bit embarrassed, she looked up into his eyes and sheepishly replied "I'm sorry...what? What are you asking for?"

Daemon sighed and shook his head with a smile. He noticed the far off look in the girl's eye. Clearly she was preoccupied by thinking of something else. He pulled the two empty glass vials out of his satchel and sat them on the counter.

"It's alright. I was asking if you could make me some healing potions. I used up two on my trip and I think I'll be needing more. I was also asking if, instead of paying, I could gather some herbs for the shop in exchange. I know some herbs are hard to get and I would be able to get them easily." He replied as he closed his satchel. When he looked back up he noticed where her eyes had been.

"Haven't you seen a sword before?" He inquired. Something about this girl was interesting. She just seemed so.... out there.

She watched the mans movements very closely. She didn't think he was a threat... per say, but she wanted to be sure. Her eyes never left his hands as he moved them to get the empty vials from his satchel. Her eyes then moved to the vials and then back to his face. "You must have been in some very dangerous situations if you were able to use up so much of these potions." She said to him conversationally grabbing one of the vials and ducking behind the counter to bring up a glass filled with the healing potion mix.

Standing up again she had his vial in her right hand and the mix in her left. Placing them on the counter again she snorted at his other statement "Exchange huh? I wonder if that has actually worked on anyone. " She mocked in her mother tongue, popping the cork out of the first vial. " I have seen a sword before stranger. Just not one as interesting looking as yours." her tone a little condescending and then she added "Haven't you heard of paying for a service?". Two could play at that game.

She wondered if he took her for a fool, just because she was young. On the island she had learned that people would bluff her and say things only to lie and steal. So, she watched for his response. Depending on what he said, she'd maybe strike a deal with him.

Daemon rolled at the girl. She had the nerve to give him a snarky comment when just moments ago she had been staring off into space? He smirked as he crossed his arms.

"I was off adventuring. I captured a dangerous criminal and brought him to justice." He said as he watched her pull out the potion mix. He heard her say something in an unfamiliar language and he raised an eyebrow, before she added the comment about paying for services. He sighed.

"I am paying. I'm paying with time and effort. If that isn't what you want, then I can pay with money too." He said. He had a long trip and he didn't want to argue with anyone.

"By the way, what makes my sword so interesting? It's not all that different from the ones that some of the guards carry." He added, wanting to know what she would say.

She hummed as she listened to his explanation and decided that she would believe him, he seemed earnest in an authentic way. She removed the plastic on the top of the potion mix and began to pour some of the contents of the first vial. "I have decided that I will believe you." She reached under the counter again for a long thin wand that she used to mix the mixture. "Do me a favour, and grab that bottle on the shelf to your right. It'll be on the third shelf, 3 from the right. It will have a somewhat pink tint to it. Grab it and bring it over so I can complete your first vial." She instructed.

As she continued to stir the concoction, she considered his other question. "I am from a small island sword user and the swords there were different. We were a small town... or village...whatever. I had seen drawings, but I had never seen one in person and not one this close. It's very interesting!" she spoke conversationally. Ever since he walked in, she was on her guard but now she was starting to relax. Her eyes gleamed with mischief as she thought about what she would make the man do to entertain her in exchange for the potion. In reality this potion she was making was extremely simple and the ingredients were easy to come by. She and her father was losing nothing from just giving two vials.

Her face lit up as an idea struck her. "I have decided what I want from you. But first I must ask, have you been to this city before?"

Daemon watched as she began to stir the concoction, before he went to look for the bottle. The shelf was lined with bottles of various hues and sizes, and finding the right one would have been difficult if the girl had not pointed out specifically which one she had wanted him to grab. He reached up, his tall frame lending him the needed height, before he grabbed the bottle. It did indeed have a pink tint, so he took this to be the one.

He listened to her talk as he reached for the bottle. He noticed the way she called him 'sword user' and realized he hadn't given her his name. He felt a little embarrassed by that and returned to her with the bottle.

"You can call my Daemon. And yes, I have been to this city. It's been a couple of years, but I spent some of my teens here, so while some things have changed, I still know my way around." He replied as he passed her the bottle.

"What do you want from me? I'll try my best to do any reasonable request potion maker." He replied with a smirk, using the same tone she used earlier.

"That's potion master to you Sir Daemon." She replied lightly, playfulness dancing in her tone, "and thank you for grabbing the correct bottle! You listen quite well." She was teasing the man as she got more comfortable with his presence. The cheerfulness coming back to her personality in waves. She turned her attention back to the first vial, picking up the bottle that Daemon had given her, she opened it and poured a bit of its' contents into the vial. She then promptly corked the vial and shook it for a few seconds before laying it down of the table. "The first one is done Sir Daemon and you are free to take it." She gestured to it, "However, for me to make the second one, you have to show me around your favourite spots in the city."

She spoke that statement with a sly grin on her face. "Of course, you don't have to...buuuut I doubt you'd find another herbalist in the city who will let you off so easily without monetary payment." she added flippantly. She really had no idea though, as she had just got into the city and was bluffing through her teeth. But she did know that her father's business was extremely popular and well known that reputation alone should make the man play into her whims. Her grandmother always used to tell her that for a young lady, she shouldn't lie so well. But this man was a seasoned...adventurer(?) type and he could call her bluff.

And this was her first time trying out her skills on a city person, this was a perfect experiment for later, even if it didn't work.

Daemon reached over and took the vial and inserted it into his satchel, listening to her demands. He pondered for a moment what he could do. True, it wouldn't be a bad way to spend a day, escorting a pretty girl to some nice places around town, but it would mean that he would have to postpone his trip to the guild until the next evening. After carefully weighing the decision he finally answered her.

"Very well. I suppose that is a fair trade. Tomorrow morning I can meet you here and I can take you to some of my favorite places around town, as long as you agree to two provisions. First off, know that some of them may have changed and might not be the way they were when I was last here. Second, even though it is not a favorite location of the city, I would like to make a stop at the adventurer's guild hall before I take you home. If you can abide by those two conditions, I will do all I can to show you the best this city has to offer, Potion Master." He replied with a smirk.

Ever since he walked into the shop this girl hadn't stopped with her verbal sallies, and while it might have been a little off putting, Daemon was starting to find it entertaining.

"Oh, also as long as your parents are fine with this agreement as well," He added, a clear joke at her age.

As he spoke the grin on her face grew wider and wider. Who would have thought that within her first few hours of being in Mala, she'd convince a adventurer(?) type to escort her around the city. It helped that he was handsome and she thought he'd be a fun target for her charms. He seemed like good practice for how to deal with mainlanders. She couldn't help but mentally pat herself on the back for a job well done. Heck, she even got him to call her potion master! She was on fire.

At least she was, until his last comment. Her mental cheering stopped as she crossed her arms and stared at him accusingly. "I'll have you know I am 19 and am old enough to make my own decisions Sir Daemon. If anything, shouldn't you be worried about the stipulations of having such a young looking lass like me at your side? People's opinions could go both ways good sir. I wouldn't want you to garner ill attention." She teased back at him. She was baiting him, seeing if he would match her or fall back in this verbal duel of theirs. What she lacked in psychical ability, she made up with her quick wit and playful demeanor. She always had people underestimate her. It was a gift.

She took his empty vial on the counter and put it in her pocket. "You'll be getting this back when you show me around tomorrow. And if I enjoy my time, I'll make you 2 more and an extra potion of your choice."

Daemon smiled as he noticed his final sally hit home. He chuckled as he readjusted his satchel on his waist. "Oh, I'm not so sure. It isn't uncommon to save fair young maids in my trade." He replied as he watched her slip his second vial into her pocket. He would rather keep it on him, but given the nature of this girl, he highly doubted that she was interested in stealing an empty vial.

"Well then, I best spend the rest of the evening contemplating what best a young woman such as yourself would enjoy. Until tomorrow morning." Daemon replied as he turned and headed for the door.

Well, this'll be a decent way to spend a day. Not to mention it'll allow me to familiarize myself with the city again. And if she has a good day she'll make me another batch of potions? Well, this hasn't turned out to be such a bad day after all. He thought as paused to open the door.

She blinked as she watched him leave the shop. She couldn't believe that actually worked! She nodded at him one last time and waved him good "Until tomorrow!" She called after him. She waited until he cleared the threshold from the shop before she broke her stance and jumped up with a cheer.

"PAPA! PAPA PAPA!" She screamed in astonishment and excitement as she rushed into the infirmary next door. Her father looked up from his desk to look at her with an eyebrow raised in confusion. She just giggled at his look as she propped herself up on his desk. "Papa, I have made a friend!"

The doctor eyed his daughter suspiciously. "You made a friend, or are you up to your mischievous ways?" His daughter could be very conniving when she wanted to be and he knew it.

Raelie just fluttered hey eyes at her Papa, trying to look the picture of innocent. "I don't know what you mean Papa! He offered to show me around!" She responded in an shocked tone, quickly switching to their home language. Her papa just grunted at her and patted her leg.

"I will allow it, but behave. This isn't like home, there isn't people you know on every corner. Be back at a reasonable time and don't get into any trouble." He warned her, and then waved her away.

She leaned over to kiss her fathers' forehead and ran out with a hasty "Thanks" throw out behind her as she rushed to go to bed and pick out what she would wear. She was going to look decent tomorrow. This was her official first day out in the town and she wanted to have a good first impression.

Daemon headed back to the inn, wondering where he would take the girl. Obviously she wasn't from around here, so she most likely came in from the docks, so he would avoid showing her those. He thought for a little longer before he thought of a few places they could go. Daemon headed up to his room as soon as he walked into the inn, giving Anne a wave as he went up the stairs. Once he had locked his doors, he leaned back in the bed, continuing to think, but also slowly slipping into sleep. He had just thought of a cool place where they could grab a snack when he fell asleep.

Daemon awoke to the early morning sun hitting his face. He pulled the sheet over his head and mumbled a bit as he slowly roused himself, remembering what had to be done for the day. He got up and slipped on his boots, tunic and trousers, and then looked at his remaining equipment. She seemed impressed by a sword, how would she react if he came wearing his leather armor this time? he thought as he picked up the jerkin. He decided to wear it. Daemon slipped the leather armor over his clothes, tying it tight so it wouldn't bounce around. He then slipped his satchel over his head, clipped his belt and scabbard on, and headed back toward the shop.

A good rapport with shop owners is key. If I make friends then I can get lower prices and can work more efficiently. Not to mention it's nice to have some friends. He thought as he walked downstairs to have breakfast. A quick nibble and then off to show the potion master around the town.

Retiring to her room, she sat beside her windowsill dressed in a night gown. She looked out into the dimming candle light city and above at the stars. She had high hopes for the morning. All that she could think about is going around the city uninhibited by her father. She loved him, but she knew he had a reputation and if she toured the city with him, she had to restrain herself even more than normal. Tomorrow though, she could be as brazened as she liked and that made her eyes light up. She took a few more solemn moments at her window, gazing out into the world and sighed happily. Closing the window, she shuffled over to her bed, falling onto the mattress and let the world drift away as she fell asleep.
*~*~*~*~*​
Raelie awoke with a start. At first she was disoriented by her surroundings, she almost forgot that she had travelled to Mala to live with her father. It took a few seconds of eye rubbing to jostle her into a normal state of consciousness. When she was fully awaken into a respectable state of awakeness she flew up. "I HAVE TO GET REEEAAAADYYYY" She shrieked with enthusiasm. She had almost forgot that she was making Sir Daemon show her around town. She made to run out of her bed, only to trip on her sheets.

She landed on the ground with a thud so hard her night stand shook. She lied on the floor for a good 30 seconds, her vision spinning, and her head hurting. She was trying to will herself to get up, to finish getting dressed, and to bother her papa a bit before she left, but she wasn't moving. She vaguely heard the rush of foot steps, but she heard her door slam open. "Raelie!" she heard her papa gasp. He rushed to her and drew her eyes to him.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he knelt beside her form on the ground. He gathered her hand in his, ready to pull her up at any moment. Raelie took a few deep breathes before nodding. Gently he helped her up and back onto her bed. "Raelie, you will let your excitement kill you one day..." He just sighed as he looked at his disoriented daughter. "I'll bring you some medicine to help with the headache I'm sure you'll be feeling later, and some food. Then you will get up normally and take your time getting dressed. Your so called "friend" will wait." He patted her arm, and left to go get the food and supplies.

It took 30 minutes of care and attentiveness from her father to get Raelie back to her excitable self. "Head injuries are not fun Papa." she sulked, arms crossed as she tied the lace to her boots. She was dressed in what she considered her "active" dress. It was a simple long sleeved dress. The top was white and her skirt was a dark blue colour that went up to her waist and flared slightly at the bottom. Her waist had a large dark blue ribbon to accent the outfit. In her hair, she had it tied up with a smaller ribbon that was also blue.

Her father grunted in response to her and added "Let's just hope your friend can keep you from getting any more." She just hummed in response. Once she was done with the finishing touches she looked back at him and posed. "You look beautiful Rae. It almost makes me think that this is not just a "friend"" he commented accusingly.

Raelie laughed and rolled her eyes "Papa it is not for the man. It is for the people. First impressions papa. First impressions" She then walked around her Papa to head downstairs. She would wait for Sir Daemon in the shop and then they'd leave from there.

Daemon adjusted his armor once more as he walked down the street. The sun had started to come up, and he saw it gleaming off the top of some of the roof tops. He made sure once more that his coin pouch was tucked neatly underneath his tunic, making sure that any pickpockets wouldn't come his way. Not to mention, he didn't want to have any altercations while he was escorting this 'potion master' around the town. He wanted a nice simple morning of taking her about, showing her the few nice places he had remembered the previous night, maybe get some lunch from a local vendor, and then take her home.

Daemon arrived at the door. It was closed, but he assumed that the shop was still open for customers, but that they might be preparing some displays. He gave the door a tug, and when it opened a bit, he stepped inside. He didn't see anyone at first, but then he saw the girl come downstairs with an older aged man, presumably her father. Daemon smiled a bit when he saw the girl.

"Good morning sir. Good morning potion master." He said as he stepped fully inside the door and let it close behind him.

"Well, I do hope you're ready for the day. Wouldn't want to miss the day." He said as he adjusted his armor one last time. He might have to get it refitted. It just wasn't sitting quite right.

Raelie fixed the bow around her waist for what seemed like the fifth time. She rarely wore the bow, but she thought that it would make her look more..."dainty". Her grandmother always used to complain that she acted so unladylike. This was her attempt at fooling the cityfolk of Mala and Sir Daemon that she could be civilised. When the time called for it, of course. She thought, causing herself to giggle at her own joke. Her father was walking around the living room with his physician coat on, sweeping up some dust, and generally making the place look tidier. Even though the room was as clean as ever, seeing that she cleaned it last night for an hour before her father rushed her back to bed. After fiddling with her bow some more she started to pace a bit in excitement.

"Will you calm yourself!" her father spoke softly, "You exuding nervous energy and it is suffocating" he teased. Raelie sighed and forced herself to stand in place. She gave her father a small smile and just fidgeted with her hands. She lasted all of 10 seconds before she moved to start pacing again.

Her father was getting ready to reprimand her when they heard the bell of the door. Walking down the stairs, they both looked over at the man and Raelie's father sighed in relief. He placed his broom against the wall and walked over to Daemon. "Good Morning. I hope that you will look after my daughter on your trip into the city. My daughter told me it has been a while since you've been back." he eyed the man, taking in all the details that he could. If anything happened to his daughter, the wanted to commit this man's visage to memory. "A word of warning, be wary. Though, if you are from Mala as you said you are. You should already be used to that kind of warning."

Raelie glared at her father and walked up beside him, waving to Daemon. "Okay Papa, you've said your piece. I will be back soon." She stepped between the two men, turned and gently pushed Daemon back towards the door. Her father grunted and nodded his okay that they may leave. She waved at him and continued to push Daemon out of the door. When they were far enough she would ask loads of questions about his current dress for the day.

Daemon heard the pair come downstairs. He noticed the girl first. She looked... well she looked very beautiful. This seemed a little at odds with the sarcastic girl he had seen the previous night, but he assumed that everyone could clean up nice. Her father, the physician, seemed like a nice enough man. He listened as the father offered his warning, and Daemon didn't even have a moment to open his mouth before the girl cut him off, saying her farewells to her father and pushing him out the door. Daemon fought back, but only a little, and a moment later he stumbled out the door.

"Well, he seems nice. I wonder if he knows about our little arrangement?" Daemon asked with a chuckle as he took a step away from the shop. He looked her up and down once more before reexamining his own attire. Maybe he had come a little.... under dressed? He looked more like her body guard than her escort. He sighed, since it was really too late to change anything.

"Also, I'd really like to know your name at this point, potion master. It would make things a little easier for me." He requested.

Hopefully, the girl wouldn't be too much of a handful. After all, her father had the best potion store in town, and he'd hate to anger a man who might treat his injuries some day.

She rolled her eyes at Daemon's first statement and exasperatedly stated "My father knows enough to keep you from dying and me from going back to the island Sir Daemon." She wanted to kick him in his shin for his comment but she had to remember how she was dressed. Right...be somewhat civilised Raelie, She thought to herself as she tried to motivate good behaviour on her part. After taking a deep breath, she eyed his clothing. Looking at the armour closely.

So close, in fact that she stepped into his personal space and ignored his question after his initial statement. She scrutinised every detail as she walked around him slowly, trying to see everything the amour had to offer. She was trying to decipher whatever story was behind the different little scratches she would see if she looked hard enough. She stopped in front of him again and placed her hand under her chin to ponder. She noticed that he was waiting and tilted her head "Did you say something?"

Daemon turned around to ask about what Island she had meant when she stepped close to him. Very close. This girl seemed to have no grasp of personal space, or if she did, she certainly didn't care about it at the moment. She was maybe half an arm length at most from him. He stood stock still, a little confused, as she walked around him, examining him closely. What is she doing? he thought as she looked like she was deep in thought.

Suddenly she looked up, as if whatever had been going through her mind was interrupted.

"Yes, I asked what your name was. Also, why did you just examine me? You're not planning to run any tests on me are you?" He asked as he looked at her once more.

She hummed as she listened to him ask her the question again. She decided she wanted to mess with him a bit and shrugged her shoulders playfully. "I don't know what you mean. I just looked at you to understand your armour. I would give you my name but Potion Master sounds nice to me." She teasingly in her home language, making sure the title "Potion Master" was clear to him. So he could at least guess what she was saying. She winked at him and just smiled.

"If I have good time, then I will tell you my name. But for now, you can call me Lee. It's a nickname, so it's well enough. Will that make you happy Sir Daemon?" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms behind her back with a smile. She was excited to start moving and trying out the canals or see all the dark areas of the city. She hoped that they would be in dangerous areas, or maybe start a few fights. She was interested in seeing Daemon swing his sword. Is fighting different in the mainland? she wondered excitedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back