• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Among Monsters

Pughilug looked up at her questioningly. "You're younger than I am. You act like you're expiration date is coming soon. There's all kinds of work programs, grants, scholarships to help with tuition costs, and online or classroom options. I don't know what's happened in your life, but don't give up. You'll end up regretting it if you do."

@Love You to Death

"True, but I truly don't think I can keep going like I have much longer. I've run too long from who I am and unfortuatly because of that I don't have the luxery of doing what I want. Even if I could I don't have the even have the funds to pay for somewhere to live right now, my energy is best spent focused towards supporting myself." She smiled bitterely and leaned back a bit. "How much schooling do you have left anyways?"

"I have two more years left to get my pre-law bachelors, then I have to attend a Law School for 4 years. So I have 6 more years, and a lot of student tuition debt to handle when it's over." He began scribbling in his notebook again. "As I said earlier, I don't know what's happened in your life. I won't pretend I do, but you're never too old to figure out what you want out of life. There's a 60 year old woman in my course. That old scoundrel has bested me in a couple debates I will win the next one mark my words Gladys. Point is do what you have to, but 2, 4, 9, 30 years from now when you finally can do as you please. Never settle. You seem really smart. You could make the worlds best 80 year old doctor. No matter, I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors." Pughilug thought. Due to being raised in an orphanage he took on the owner's habits sometimes. He always cleaned his dishes after he ate, did all his laundry on Sunday, and sometimes he takes in strays and helps them on their feet. "If you need somewhere to stay. I'll offer up my place, spare bedroom in case of visitors. I know that's a weird thing to hear from a large orc you just met, but everyone deserves somewhere safe to sleep at night. If not, that's fine. I just figured I'd offer."

@Love You to Death

Lyric blinked, shocked by his offer. She thought about it for a moment, it would be nice to have a place to stay until she was able to afford her own. Although she would have to do something for him in return, otherwise is simply wouldn't feel right. She could keep the house clean, or cook or something. Anything to make it seem like she wasn't just freeloading off of him. "Are you sure- I mean would it be alright if I stayed with you. It wouldn't be for long, just long enough for me to get up on my feet and I can clean or something for you..."She trailed off, and looked down at her feet.

@Cocoabutterkisses

Pughilug smiled. "If I minded I wouldn't have offered. I know what it's like to not have a place to call home. Stay as long as you need. I don't ask anything in return, but do what you feel you need to." He ripped out a page in his notebook and scribbled down his address. He slid it over to here. "It'll be apartment number 20. It's on the second floor. I have a lot of potted plants in front of my door. The spare key will be in the dirt of the plant just to the right of the door."

@Love You to Death

((Check the OOC Tab soon, another surprise will be up soon.))

Ashton hung onto the counter, watching as people came into the bar and ordered and left. Still though, the thought of the girl who had been killed hung heavy on her. Ashton had asked to drive her home, worried she was too smashed to get to her house or apartment or hotel room. She had denied though, heavy set that she could make it home safe. At one point she even said "If something happens to me, so be it."

Through the door came the same police officer as earlier, but without his cadet. He looked grim and extremely worried.

"On business?" She asked, fingernails scratching the underneath of the counter ledge.

"Yes. Mrs Aryes, there was another body found. We need you to come in for identification" He said. Ashton looked around, and hung her head. Throwing the rag she was holding to the floor, she walked around to the customer side of the bar so they speak more quietly.

"Another customer?"

"No."

"Then why come?" Ashton was beginning to grow worried, they wouldn't feel the need to tell her so soon unless it was something really urgent.

The deputy took a deep breathe, as if he was deciding if coming here was the right idea. It was such a tight knit town, Ashton was bound to find out one way or another. Apparently he thought it would be better to hear it upfront.

"Another on the beach. Her surfboard was found broken in the marina. A search found her duffle bags she had been traveling with, but no Mel. An hour ago, on the beach. She was on the rock bluff."

Mel, the name took a second to register in comparison to the news. Mel was Ashton's connection to her mother's family. Her maternal grandparent's adopted her when she was just a few years old. When they died, Mel went traveling to go find her biological parents, another succubis lineage. Mel taught her what she knew about who they were as her travelling allowed her to learn more about the species, and aided her father in raising her. She was still in her twenties.

"Lyric, tell my father I'm with the deputy. I'll be back." Ashton huffed, terrified of another kill.

Evie grinned, "Thank you so much." She said to him, before turning towards Ashton. She sighed and walked over towards her, "Another death?" She asked quietly, trying to avoid panicing anyone. She was shocked at the possibility of yet another death. For such a small town this was an overwhealing amount of crime. Thankfully the signs didn't point towards those who'd killed her family, she was tired of death. She'd had more than enough to last a lifetime, hopefully the killer will be caught soon.

Francesca had been drinking when she saw someone else enter, and start talking to the lady at the bar. She was half way listening but overheard something about a body being found on the beach. She instantly tensed up. Was there a murder or something going around, it didn't sound like the first time... She chose not to ask questions, but she was visibly bothered by the news. She debated on calling someone to walk home with her. Yet the only person she knew who could was her co-worker at the library and he still had to work for a while.

((Brief warning, no description but a tad but of gross stuff at the very end.))

"Yeah. I'm going in to identify. I'll be back soon, don't tell the boys in the back where I've gone, just let them know you need a hand out here. I'm so sorry to leave you like this." Ashton huffed. She felt really bad about leaving Lyric on her first hour, let alone first day.

She set her hand on the girl's shoulder, nodding respectfully. "You're doing great. I promise I'll be back soon."

Ashton was led out an into the passenger seat of the car. Deputy Lawford called in that she had been picked up as they sat at a red light, the engine humming. The car stunk of cigarettes, but she was still somehwat releived. Last time she was in this car, she was in the back in cuffs for pushing an overly drunk customer when he made advances on a minor. When they arrived at the station that night. Lawford and the other boys brought her some coffee and let her sit int he office while her dad came to pick her up. Now though she was headed to the morgue.

"They made quick work of getting her out of public sight. She ought to be arriving just as we are." He said, obviously trying to be comforting.

Walking in, she was given an id to clip onto her shirt, and led downstairs into the cold and white lit hallways. down a few, she entered a room where a body really was just being transferred from gourney to table.

In just a few minutes, she was being led back out. Lawford had to hold her arm as her eyes were still shut tight from the sight.

It was definitely Mel, that same tattoo on her side of the Celtic tree of life, and an emblem of Medusa on the other.

But whoever had done it had taken another body part. Mel had been a swimmer, but not shark or fish would've taken her hands.

Lyric watched Aston leave and leaned back against the counter before surveying the bar. She kept an eye out for any patrons who needed to be served. She wasn't quite sure what she would do if they did something, she wasn't experianced with mixing drinks of any sort, but this wasn't her first time in a bar. She would figure out whatever she needed when it came to it.

Pughilug worried. The news wasn't good. He would probably be safe. When people see a giant Orc, they don't really see that as an opportunity to attack some weak victim. Plus he is very strong, so if someone did he could handle himself. He looked at his watch. If he didn't go home now he'd be losing out on too much sleep before work again. He finished off his drink and packed up his belongings. He pulled out his wallet, and left a $10 tip under his glass. When he was about to leave, he noticed a girl in a wheelchair. She looked uncomfortable. It's probably because of the news they had just heard. Being the gentleman he is, he walked over to her and offtered, "Do you want me to walk you home? Pardon me, If I'm stepping out of line. You seemed upset after hearing the news, and I figured I'd help put you at ease if I could."

@Rosyshark

Francesca jumped a bit when the large Orc man spoke to her. "um. Y-you don't have to, I mean I don't live far really." She said smiling a bit. On one hand she didn't like the idea of walking alone, but on the other she was told to never trust a stranger right off the bat. Plus as much as she hated to admit it, she was always slightly intimidated by men who looked like they could crush you with their pinky. But it has been sweet of him to offer, and he seemed nice. "I-I don't want to put you through the trouble."

@Cocoabutterkisses

"It's no trouble ma'am. I wouldn't offer, if I wasn't willing." He took out his hand to shake hers. The owners of the Orphanage made sure to teach him right. He always goes out of his way to help others, hold open the door for everyone, clear the plate even if it tastes bad because you are a guest in someone's home, fix everything you break which happens to be a lot of things he's larger than the average apartment, etc. "My name is Pughilug. I was raised to respect a woman's decision. I hope you stay safe tonight on your journey home. I'd hate to hear about you on the news tomorrow. You seem like a lovely person."

@Rosyshark

Ladies held the door open for her, tipping the edge of his hat before parting ways from the bar.

"I guess this isn't the best way to welcome you to our town." Ashton said regretfully to lyric.

She stepped behind the bar and immediately started cleaning some glasses.

Lyric jumped at her sudden reappearace, "I suppose not, but it's nothing I'm not used to." She flashed the other bartender a small smile,"Anyways, how late does this shift go?" She asked, picking up an empty glass and cleaning it before placing it on a shelf.

@ayezombie

"I work until close tonight, but that's because i live right up those stairs." she said, Pointing to the dark wooden stairs at the far side of the room.

"But you hun can leave whenever you need to." Ashton didn't want to be the cause for Lyric staying out too late, especially not in a time where so much has been going on.

"Do you need someone to walk you?" She asked, "I can if you want."

"Actually that would be amazing, I'm not familier with the town and I'm not sure if I can find where I am to stay tonight." Lyrics wiped down a few counters before adding, "So I guess I'll stay until close then."

Somewhere near the edge of town.

BOOM!

A column of smoke and ash rose up from the old junkyard on the outskirts, sluggishly making its way up towards the sky.

Inside said Junkyard was the smoking and charred remains of a shed which had been blasted apart from the inside. Not to far away covered in ash and hair slightly smoldering, still on fire in some places even, lay a teenage boy on the muddy ground. Cold, artic blue eyes blinked up at the sky, a stark contrast to the soot that covered his face.

Well... Note to self, check for gas vapors inside small enclosed spaces with large amounts of old gas tanks before lighting match to see better. Not doing so may result in explosions.

Groaning the now dirty, mud covered boy struggled to his feet and grabbed his beanie which had been blown clean off his head and laid on the ground no two feet away. Slamming it back on his head and fixing it into the position that he liked, that old weird symbol emblazoned upon it facing forward, he stared about at the wreck of the shed.

Damnit, how am I going to salvage this one?

"Your a fool sometimes, if it wasn't for me you would have had your brains plastered all over the mud and then where would I be?"

The only response that voice got from that was a grunt...a grunt

"Well things have gotten quiet, I can walk you home now if you'd like. In the meantime I'll show you some interesting places."

Ashton gathered her things, and put on an old patched up leather jacket. The back had a large patch of a beer draft knob, and below it a pinup girl saying "I'd tap that!". Gifts via her uncle, who always had an interesting taste in things.

"Where are we headed?"

Francesca's face went a bit red at the orc's comment. He seemed very nice, and she was grateful he wasn't pushing her to anything. "Thanks again. I really do appreciate the offer." She thanked him again, looking down at her watch. "Oh. I-I should get going. Have a good evening and um stay safe." With that she paid for her drink and wheeled herself out the door. She went on down the sidewalk, looking around as she went. As much as she hated to admit, she was nervous. ' Don't be scared Franny. Just get home fast.' She thought. She stopped for a second distracted by a column of smoke coming from what looked to be far off. "Huh...What caused that?"

Lyric raised an eyebrow at the other girls jacket, but agreed. She ran a hand through her hair and pulled it up into a pony tail. "Well, lets get going then, I think he said that it was apartment 20." She sighed and glanced out at the dark sky. With the muders she was lucky not to be sleeping outside tonight. She could only imagine what could have happened otherwise.

Pughilug left the polite woman at the bar and headed home. The walk wasn't long, but it was very relaxing. His walks between work, school, bar, and home were the only times he got to himself without rushing around. He walked up the stairs to his room. Taking a moment to gaze at the flowers, he grabbed the watering can and lightly watered them. He smelled them and sighed happily as he unlocked his door and entered. He placed his school bag on the bar and ate some pudding. "Damn, pudding is the bees knees." He said to himself.

Not to far off from main street, coming back into town was a still soot covered teenage human boy hauling in a makeshift sled of sorts, a myriad of junk and other things. Anyone who asked him any questions were ignored or at least didn't register that they were being spoken to or directed at him as the boy kept that blank mask of total cluelessness and indifference on his face and soldiered on. Part of his hair was still on fire, smoldering underneath his beanie but all in all Koen Raad didn't care, he had a quota of things to fix and due by the morrow. Even though he had only arrived in the small town a few weeks ago and the talk about that one silent troubled kid hadn't died down yet, it didn't stop him from going to the junkyard and local mechanics shop, showing his paperwork on how he was taking online classes about aeronautic engineering and would like some more hands on experience working with machines. Which was all well and true, but he had been avoiding everything supernatural as if it had NAZI spray painted on it and was burning the American flag in front of a few drunk Kentucky patriots. He stubbornly refused to see them, though they, the sensitive ones, could see that his shadow wasn't quite right. Also he tended to attract a lot of snakes, not his fault though and he kept kicking them out of his way whenever he found another one crawling up his pant leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back