• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Among Monsters

Seeing the girl enter the bar, Lyric directed her gaze towards her. She was a curious looking girl, clearly in need of a good drink. She gave her a small wave and watched as Ashton gave the girl a spot to sit. As she watched she picked up a rag and began scrubbing the counters once more and picking up the empty drinks.

Francesca was already surprised by how quickly she was greeted. They really are friendly! She thought as she rolled over to the empty spot. "Um..." She thought for a moment, trying to decide what to order. "I'm sorry, I'm not really good at this. What's a good drink for starters?" She asked, laughing a bit nervously.

"I'll getcha my special." She smiled. The girl was most definitely not a drinker, but Ashton was still going to fix her up. Moving back behind the counter, Ashton grabbed a glass and began work. A few fruit mixes, the smallest touch of svedka, and mint to help calm the girl's nerves. It was nearly a virgin drink, but they'll start her out slow.

"Hey lyric, where did you say you were from?" Ashton asked. Never a bad idea to get to know your coworkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Oh um a town a few miles down. It's called Morrison" Lyric said, picking up a glass and cleaning it. "I haven't been there in quite a few years though." She added. She then set the glass down and picked up a dry cloth to dry it with. "You're from around here, right?" She asked

"Born and raised. I live here with my father and his family. I think my mom was from Lanacaster."

Ashton noted Lyric's hard work, definitely something to mention to her father. She had a hunch the new girl was a good choice to hire on.

"Nice." Lyric commented and leaned back against the counter, watching the patrons out of the corner of her eyes. If they needed something she would be aware, it was the least she could do on her first day of course. "My home was once the home of many gererations. We'd lived there as long as I could remember."

"It's glad to know strongholds for other species are also found in other towns." Ashton said with a laugh. "Sometimes I think Blackcoast gets all the fun."

Ash started polishing some wine glasses, leaning against one of the back shelves. "It's a nice place here. Kind of like a neutral place. Here a vampire will serve a werewolf tea and a fisherman will thank a mermaid. Humans here are pretty fair, having grown up in it. Most of them if they're a generational family like mine or yours was, they'll be taught some magic by grandmothers and uncles."

Ashton really did love their town, especially for how quiet it was. She's heard from people in the bar all her life how horrible what happened to her mom was, that's enough excitement for a life time. Now this case of the found body, she was just hoping it wasn't anything serious.

"All except for this morning, it's a quiet safe place."

"It sounds nice." Lyric let out a wistful sigh. "Most towns are like that, until something changes that it. You make sure that whatevers going around here is nipped at the bud. Otherwise it could end terribly. You guys have got a nice set up though, most towns I've been to are focused around one species. Like, you'll have a town full of vampires and practically nothing else supernatural. Oh and you can't forget the inner species conflicts. Back at home there was another clan, and it wasn't almost as if we were the mafia or something and they were a rival gang. Loyalties and betrayals cut deep. Maybe that's why this place seems so calm and peaceful. I've never seen so many diffrent creatures interact like this, it's facinating."

"Well I hope you stick around then. I think this place could do some good on you." Ashton said. Lyric seemed to know a bit on how family rivalries work. If she had a family back home, she must be running from something.

"Cops here keep trouble out. They're a bit rusty but they're damn fine at solving a crime. Not to mention they tip well."

Lyric laughed and pickedup another empty glass. She cleaned it and placed in on it's shelf and picked up the cleaning rag. "So, what's the job like?" She asked before leaning forward and wiping off a small section of the counter.

Adrie shook her head violently, her blonde hair tossing around with each movement. "Don't look at me like that, Ebba, if you would have taught me how to use that washing machine then we would have towels and this wouldn't be happening." Living on land was a sight to take in, the clothes, the appliances, the computers. It was bound to take a while to get used to.

Adrie stood up from her hunched over position and ran her fingers through her hair in place of a comb. "Could you hand me that top, Eb?" Adrie laughed and grabbed the top off of her dresser. "Of course you can't." She pulled the top over her head and grabbed her bag from the counter before turning to the door. "I'm going out, don't wait up." Adrie winked at the small animal sleeping on the bookshelf, who hadn't even lifted an ear at Adrie's babbling, and then made her way out onto the streets of Blackcoast.

The warm coastal air surrounded Adrie immediately, and if it weren't for the breeze bringing water up from the marina, she would swear she could feel her skin drying up. She navigated the familiar streets, making her way towards the more popular district and into the only bar that looked active at this hour. Adrie pushed the door open, welcoming the cool air with a sigh of relief.

168iwqh_th.jpg

Pughilug continued to scribble in his notebook. He didn't pay much attention to those that were around him. Taking a sip from his drink, he realized it was empty. He looked over to the bartender. There was another girl. He didn't recognize her, probably because his head was stuffed into his book for so long. They were talking to each other, but he didn't know what about. He lifted his hand a little, "Um, excuse me. I'm sorry to bother, but can I have a refill?"

Lyric's gaze shot over to the other man, "I'll get it." She told Ashton, excited to do something other than cleaning. Without waiting for the other girls responce she walked over to him. She picked up the empty glass and paused, "What did you have?" She asked, pausing to take in his form. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you reading" She couldn't quite make out the title, although with it's size she wouldn't be suprised if it was a study of something, perhaps law or medicine.

"I had a Scotch on the Rocks Thank you." He placed his hand on his page and closed his book to hold his page. "Well, it's The History Of European Law. Don't let the exciting title distract you. It's a very boring book. I mean it has interesting theories of how to democratically decide the punishment for the guilty as well has the creation of several of the laws we still use today with minor modifications, but these old coots with white powdered wigs can get very boring to read about." This girl was quite pretty as well. He began to wonder if it had something to do with the water of this town. So many pretty people, then an Orc covered in mud reading a book about law.

Francesca stayed silent, only speaking up to say thank you when she was given her drink. She tentatively took a sip from the cup. To her surprise it was delicious! She continued to drink, listening to what others were talking about. She could see why her co-worker had suggested this place to her, it was a nice place for someone not familiar with the bar scene. Which she very much was not. She wondered if it was never more crowded but she sort of hoped not. One nice thing was how it wasn't loud.

Lyric blinked slowly, "Wow, that sounds complicated." She muttered, before filling up his glass with his suggested drink. She walked back over towards him and set it down before leaning on the counter next to him. "Are you looking to go into law?" She asked, watching the large figure in front of her.

((Sorry about that guys, I've been at work all day. Waiting for my ride home so I have some time))

Ashton smiled when Lyric took initiative with helping out a customer, and when she engaged him. That's a really important part in their line of work. Her father dropped down, big foot steps walking down the way. He seemed concerned with a phone in his hand. Probably another call from the police.

"Ashton, the girl from last night's parents just called." He said, his voice grumbling. Probably not a good way introduce him to Lyric, as he was almost never like this.

"What did they say?"

"She had left home a few weeks ago. They called to ask how she had seemed. I told them she looked healthy, and that we took good care of her."

Ashton hung her head a little and stepped around one side of the counter to be closer to her father. One foot kicked up, and arms crossed.

"Are they okay?" She asked, knowing it was quiet today. Those here were too busy reading or drinking to talk, but they'd be listening with her luck.

"They were upset. But they thanked you. The people she was on the phone with last night when you dropped the glass, that was apparently her sister. She commented on your service, and her parents said thank you." Mr Ayres paused, to gather himself. The conversation obviously took a lot out of him. "Deputy Childes called as well. He doesn't want you or your siblings going out tonight, not until they know this isn't a spree." Everything he spoke in was a whisper, so no one else would hear and spark a movement.

"Yes father." Ashton whispered. Her eyes drifted off for a moment before she shook herself back to attention.

"I'll tell the new girl that I'm giving her a ride home tonight." With that her father hugged her, and headed out the door, probably to go pick up one of her siblings from a friends house.

Ashton put back on her smile, and resumed work.

"Hey lyric, what are your plans tonight?" She asked.

Adrie moved her way further into the pub and sat down beside a seemingly young orc. He was nose-deep in a textbook and looked like he would make quiet company. She glanced around behind the bar and found the bartender in a deep conversation with who she assumed to be the owner. To pass the time until the girl was free, she pulled out the cell phone that everyone told her she needed to buy and took another hack at figuring it out.

Seeing a girl sit down pushed Ashton's thoughts away from the question she had asked. One of her many flaws was being all over the place all of the time, probably a side effect of working here for so long.

She was gorgeous, and definitely caught Ashton's eye. Maybe it was the blue eyes or the general air about her, but no matter the case Ash had a glass of water infront of her in a hot second.

"Anything I can help you with cupcake?" She asked, leaning one elbow onto the bar.

Adrie followed the girl behind the bar with her eyes, practically drinking the water before it was set in front of her. She smiled as the bartender leaned against the counter. "Yes! Could I get another glass of water please, this one may not last too long. And do you by chance have any salt around?" Adrie asked as she glanced down the bar for a shaker.

"No problem."

Ashton filled another glass, and grabbed a salt grinder from one of the shelves behind her. Turning aorund she was able to catch the smallest glimpse of her webbed fingers. Two and two came together and a small nod of understand came about. Ashton set the things down, and pulled a stool from under her side of the counter to sit on.

"Haven't seen you in here before." She remarked, "New?"

Adrie grabbed the salt and shook a decent amount of it into her water. It wasn't necessary to put salt in her water, but it just seemed weird any other way. She took a sip of the water and shook her head at the girl. "I've been here for quite some time, in Blackcoast that is, I've been living with the merfolk out by the marina. I just recently got an apartment down seaside and registered for classes at BU, I'm trying out the land life. Figured I could get more stuff done here. How about you? I'm Adrie, by the way."

"Born and raised."

Ashton laughed a little, feeling like she'd repeated her story over and over again to hundreds of patrons. But she didn't mind. The best part of the job was hearing their story.

"Pops owns the bar." She hummed. "How's land life treating ya? Surely treating me pretty well cause I get to see you come in here."

Ashton absentmindedly refilled a few cups on a tray by her just before the tray was taken away by a waiter. To be more exact, her next door neighbor's son. He was a pretty young vampire. Often the other staff made jokes about how her and him suck the lives out of the customers, in different ways. Being a succubis came with its perks and that was being much less messy.

Pughilug took a quick sip of his newly refilled drink. "It's not all that complicated. Yeah I'm studying to be a Lawyer. One day I plan to be a judge. The real hard stuff is when it comes time to learn how to act in a court room. Rules, laws, so on and so forth. How about you? Anything you planning to do with your life, or are you going with the flow?"

@Love You to Death (I'm so sorry I worked 4pm-10pm ((central time US)) I just got home. I work 10am-4pm tomorrow so I'll be able to rp more)

Lyric listened intently as he explained, law had never been an option to her. Due to that she had never learned about it. At his question however she paused, "I don't really know, I never went to collage so there aren't many options anymore. I wanted to be a doctor when I was little," She paused, "It never worked out though." She ran an hand through her hair and leaned more heavily upon the counter.

@Cocoabutterkisses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back