• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

Coatl had now slithered over to Coils, Kalos, and Chris. That magic snake could be useful, and if he truly sides with Jaik, all the better. But wait, what did instrument boy just pick up?

"Hello my sub-I mean friends. How is everyone? I saw you dropped something but you beat me to it."

Coatl now says, directed at Kalos.

"It didn't look too important, but you were certainly quick to snatch it. Was it something you found in the tower?"

Kalos shakes his head. "Nothing important. Absolutely nothing important. Nothing at all."

Another bright blue feather falls out of his outfit.

Coatl sighs. Normally he wouldn't care about this kind of thing, but he knew nothing about this world or who was even the "good guys" in this whole thing.

He quickly snatches up the feather.

"We are stranded in a world without any sense of knowing who is trustworthy and who is plotting in corners. Now I normally would assume that this is just a result of your 'violin magic' but these tales of godhood and the strange unlikeliness of this entire 'army' that just openly lets anyone in but calls themselves 'Marauders' has me a little on edge."

This is the part where Coatl expects an explanation.

Kalos sighs. "Look, okay, long story short? Every mortal from my homeworld can directly trace their lineage to birds. Not even fucking kidding, we're all descended from goddesses who looked like birds, then gave up their immortality because they thought a certain species or another looked hot."

Kalos pulls the other feather out of his pocket. "Due to this, all mortals are technically part-bird. When I entered my pact with the Seventh Maiden, I got feathers. I fucking moult and it's very embarrassing and unpleasant because seriously, it's basically the same as a guy shedding his chest hair. Are you happy?"

Coatl looks down noticing his folly.

"I uh. Apologize for that. If it makes you feel any better, the lower half of my body sheds annually. I'm just on edge with all this god talk. It happened on my home world and did not end well."

Mini Update #2

Major Update #3!

This kinda just turned into a Major update after realizing how many people have posted and how much i was writing.

Errg: "Hehehehe, just watch this." The Lizard man said gleefully, seeming to ignore what you said, making you hate him even more as he slipped some kind of glowing blue card out of nowhere into his right hand. Flipping it around in his fingers all fancy as he held his tray with his other hand, before it poofed in a puff of blue smoke back into nothing.

The Lizard man still had that dumb smile on his face as he casually left the line and began moving up towards the tent serving the meats.

"Try not to touch anybody else you'll break the spell for yourself. We've only got a few minutes Me thinks!"

He called to you as he strode away from the line and towards the back of the tent.

Confused, you looked around at the people and creatures waiting in line wit you to see that they were all frozen without so much as a moving muscle!

What the hell did this strange bastard just do?

Thorn: "Excuse me... Sir and or madam?" Your froze as you heard a strange, calm ethereal voice behind you before you could even touch the box.

Whipping around you see yourself face to face with some sort of strange, flying purple Jelly like creature that was equipped with some informational equipment by the looks of it.

"Is there special equipment you require acquisitions for? Your Body structure does not imply you are able to use the common equipment that Sub-Commander Delphi issues for Civilian use."

The Flying jelly Echoes it's strange voice, if it wasn't obviously an organic being you'd think the voice would have been some sort of Synthetic Voice they use like for those talking phone applications....

The strange creature waited for an answer from you.

Misfortune: You pretty much rudely skip past everyone in the tower hubs and move straight down into the camp (including rudely passing by the Keeper After he Says Good morning to you), asking Random People and Soldiers what they're doing and how their days are.

A lot of people dont answer you while others say their day are fine or To get out of their way as they move hurriedly along with some random piece of equipment or boxes or something.

Following the crowds you find yourself at the north part of camp, and you remember this part of camp was the main "social" area for most of the camp, it's also where they served most of the camp's rations and meals.

The lines to acquire food were long, and once again you had your modifier to make something for you instead, but you weren't quite too sure about that considering that dragon god might make it backfire on you or something like that.

Nobody seem to openly converse with you as you stand about in the area where most people were eating their food, drinking or talking to one another... As you looked around and thought of what to do, you took note of how diverse and varied the races and people were here in this massive Marauder camp, then you remember you noticed that last night when scouting the place too...

Anyways, what shall you do?

Koya and Danielle: After waiting in line for like half an hour for the usual broth that they boredly served here at camp, You begin to investigate about the Rumor, going from source to source around the camp here, primarily around the northern part of camp here as it was the de-facto social area.

For the most part you get absolutely nothing until you hear that the person in said Scouting party was a certain mischievous lizard who anyone who's been in camp for more then a day would recognize immediately by his cloak, limp wizards hat and charismatic face had been snooping around for that said modifier Shard.

Vizara...

You mutter discontently under your collective breaths.

You both fondly and unfondly remember first meeting the scaly Twisted Fate wanna-be when he accidentally enchanted one of Danielle's shirts at the wash to smoother you whenever you wore it for about an hour. The shirt obviously complete fails it's enchanted purpose as it just spazms around your body in attempt to smother you as it's worn, but Danielle wanted to strangle the Lizard wizard ever since.

He was a slippery Lizard too, capable of romancing any unsuspecting target out of their belongings who didn't know him with his natural charisma despite being a scaly lizard man. You never could find him unless you used magic to locate him or he wanted you to find him... but what in the world would that scaly bastard want to do with a Modifier shard other then causing even more chaos then he's already capable of?

Think you want to track him down now or maybe enlist some assistance without arousing too much suspicion? Hell, you remember seeing that Errg Fellow around here somewhere, maybe you could get his Intimidating looks to assist you... Looking around some more you spot out Mei around one of the Edges of the eating area, although you're not too sure if she'd detect Koya right away.... and that Spider fiend thing was standing around here gawking at something you remember.... What shall you do?

Mei: After Patiently waiting in line for some rather sub-par salad and a drum of some dead animal's cooked leg, you sit down alone away from the crowds at a table around the edge of the major social area, specifically to the north western side of it to have a nice view of the tower and the slowly rising sun above head.

Seeing Elijah's tent at the top of the tower worried you slightly as you thought about her and the future ahead that involved all of you... Everything you knew about Gods and Spirits in your previous world has changed completely in the last few days... For all you knew, your Patron Goddess whom you were named after Was either dead in the god-wars above or nothing but a ignorant Low-god like that Moron Rohkuul who played lap-dog to Elijah.

It didn't help that you and everyone else who also had Mods would become gods too as you examined the Glowing gem embedded in your scythe.

The Keeper said that the Tortured threat was getting worse, and more low-gods would be coming after Elijah and the rest of you as well, hell it was possible that some of the Marauders Amongst you were Gods in disguise after you all...

You sighed deeply as you thought, boredly playing with your food with the plastic fork you were provided with. This was all very worrysome you thought...

Anyways, after you've finished your food, you thought about maybe socializing with some of the Marauders here out of bordem or maybe heading back to he Tower to the Others... or maybe even give Elijah a visit on the roof?

Coatl, Chris, Kalos, and Coils: You all continue talking and socializing with one another, watching as some of the others simply leave down the stairs and out of the Tower for food it seemed like.

All four of your Stomachs growled slightly as you talked.

Mayhaps you should all continue your conversations as you walked and ate breakfast, or maybe have Chris and Coils make all four of you something with their Mods?

Jaik and Seih: The two of you continued on your conversation as you went, hopefully the Marauder (Or Delphi for that matter) wasn't calling for a retrieval team after the two of you.

As you both approached the Immense trees to the north, (to the both of you these trees were all at least easily double to triple the height of the Tower, even though they don't look it from the tower itself!)

You both stopped your conversations however as you heard the distant Howls of Tortured in the distance deeper in the immense forest... Sounds like they must have found some poor bastard or Low-God...

Even though the both of you were capable of handling the wretched beasts together, neither of you wanted to risk getting swarmed without Marauder Back-up or without the others... Or get caught off-guard by a power hungry god looking for your guys's powers... Whomever the Tortured found out there was probably already dead now as the Tortured's calls echoed....

Do you two still wish to go forwards into the Forest?

Noah: You still remain in your room! What shall you do? (Refer to the Major Update #1 please!)

Total player Count: 11 Players not including Elijah or Inactive/missing Players.

Time taken for this Update: About 2-3 Hours I'd Estimate Didn't keep track and this was supposed to be just a Minor Update.

Total Word Count: About 1500, again this was meant to be a Minor update.

Errg just fucking looses it and suddenly gets an eerily calm look across his face. He walks back to where he got his tray as fast as he can without falling over or bumping into anyone, grabs an extra tray, and then moves back to his spot in line. Once he's back where he was, he chucks the extra tray at the lizard wizard's center of mass with as much force and precision as the hunter could manage. "I said I didn't want to see any stupid tricks!" And then he looks really, really angry again. As much as he hated the line, he'd rather deal with it than this weirdo.

Whoa, flying jello...go on, answer it. "I was just looking for a gun," What makes you think you can shoot a gun, you never even held a gun before. Besides, which gun can you use? "I was hoping for one or two of those revolver things, something with a wicked buck." Ask for a medium Coke while it's at it. "l doubt they've got-" Fine, a small curly fries. "Sorry, habit. Does this place have somewhere to practice shooting too?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris conjures up a table and three large pizza, a combo, a bbq chicken, and a hawaiian pizza, "So who thinks the Keeper's might've found a lead for us yet?"

Seih feels his resolve weaken at the sound of the Tortured's call, he tries to peer deeper into the forest, but finds himself unable to locate its origin. Looking up at the trees, Seih attempts to estimate their height, but gives up - over a hundred meters on average is the best figure he can come up with. No climbing that.

"I will admit it," sighs Seih. "I may not have thought this through all the way." Seih looks up, holding an arm to shield his eyes from the sun. "Do you see any birds around here? A bird of prey, ideally."

Seih walks up to one of the trees with low-hanging branches. He removes his coat, dropping it on the ground and revealing the light clothes beneath, then performs a psychically-enhanced jump up to the lowest branch. Groaning as he lifts himself up, he delicately perches himself on the branch, his not-quite-yet-forgotten evolutionary instincts kicking in. Aiming for another, nearer branch, he jumps up again, giving him a better view of the higher parts of the trees. He scans for nearby birds or bird nests, trying to quiet his breathing, already a bit ragged from the exertion. His mind also reaches out, trying to identify one of the tiny minds he has come to associate with birds.

You know you won't find anything, whispers a part of his mind, the part he never tries to reach into. You're defenceless out here. Would it really be so bad to make some friends for once?

Seih ignores the unwelcome thought and continues to look for a bird, a bat, any small winged creature. There has to be a safe place around here. Has to.

(If these unfairly unfortunate events are because I never signed up, maybe I should spam the character signup thread? >:?)

Misfortune carefully apologizes to everyone he was rude to, and answers The Keeper, "it is a fine morning today, [insert description of the weather, in case just saying 'what beautiful clouds there are' and being scorned for being delirious because there isn't a singular cloud in the sky]" misfortune then carefully gets into a line for food, as he wasn't sure if the formidable modifier should be used for something not formidable like conjuring his own food.

(I don't really like this 'now you're political enemy #1!' Very much

EDIT: nvm.)

Last edited by a moderator:
(I'm back a 6-hour period early with a new computer; Have a character update!)

Jaik listens to Seih's thoughts and decides to listen instead of talking.

You never learn anything about someone by talking all the time. You do by listening.

... And, there's a Tortured sound. Great. Some poor sap must be getting the crap beaten out of him.

"Um, Seih? I understand that you're leaving in order to protect others - really, it's nice, what with the whole self-sacrifice thing you have going there - but your... disease? If you ever want it cured (and it sounds like it seems pretty hard to get rid of), wouldn't the best place to do that be near a (insultuous) god and a being of massive arcane power? And people with Modifiers, tools meant to create and heal? I think your greater-good march into the wilderness to "save us" is nice, but completely unnecessary. We can all defend ourselves. I know to keep an eye on you, if something bad ever happens and you lose your cool."

He peers into the forest.

"You'll find nothing but death in there."

He looks up at the crouching figure of his friend-to-be up in the tree.

"But, if after I've said my points and you're still set on going - which would be ridiculously stupid and rather suicidal - I'm coming with to keep an eye on you. You won't last a second out there; not with those things running around. I have experience. I've killed dozens of them. And I have rather good eyesight. Bird-seeing eyesight, you might say."

Coils snickers at Kalos.

"You... molt? That is freaking hilarious. I don't... I don't even know what to say. I have never been more amused in my short and sweet existence. Thank you, for making my day."

Seih shakes his head and looks down at Jaik. "No, I couldn't let you do that. It would be suicidal for both of us." Looking back up to the trees, he adds, "And you and the others aren't the ones I'm trying to protect; I'm sure you can all defend yourselves against me. So, hopefully, there's a safer place around here than this forest or the camp, hence the bird."

Seih pauses as he remembers what Jaik said. "Modifiers? I thought they just marked out who could become a god. You're saying they can heal too?"

Seih tries to restrain his excitement at the thought. He had long ago given up any hope of a cure, but now that he is dealing with gods... Do I dare hope again? And then another thought...

"What else can modifiers do?"

(Seih why is there pink in the middle of some of your words? Is this character development or just an error on my computer?)

Coatl looks down at the snake with minor disdain.

"I believe your name was Coils yes? You certainly must shed. It's repulsive not to, unless you like the idea of having parasites on your body and not being able to grow. Kalos' case is very similar to us reptiles."

Jaik again chooses to listen instead of interrupting. While Seth talks, Jaik climbs up an adjacent tree.

Damn, this seems to work a lot; Seth's basically told me his life story - constantly running away from people who could help him because of his fear of hurting them....

"What else can modifiers do?"

Ah, let's see...

"Well, Coils can conjure anything a cubic foot or less, so long as it isn't too magical or complicated... I've seen Chris do complex math equations on them, Mei do some weird spell-like things... I'm sure the problem with you is fixable by a GOD or someone, so running away from the solution isn't exactly the, ah... smartest thing to do... Really, the possibilities are limitless - it depends on the modifier at hand."

For the record (Neow) Jaik IS looking for birds, as per the instructions of his companion.

Coils glances up at Coatl. Then he does a double-take.

That is a LOT of dark energy just floating around this guy.

Mental note: Keep an eye on him.

"I don't shed, because I'm not a natural snake. I used to be a tattoo, for gods' sake - shedding doesn't happen to me. My body just sort of... absorbs it? I'm sure the scientific answer would be that the modifier probably converts the essence of the things I pick up along my travels into objects I want to create. That would actually make a lot of sense. But I don't know for sure. Therefor: Molting? Funny as hell to me."

I should probably play nice.

"But I'll stop laughing about it, because I understand it's a sore subject for you, Kalos. Just, for the record? You probably shouldn't be ashamed of a natural body cycle. It's how I get through the whole modifier-heart thing."

"Ah yes I nearly forgot that you were a sort of magic type. You are a modifier correct? I'm still trying to grasp the concept of these things and how these people are just stumbling across modifiers and becoming gods. I mean, could anyone have picked up Elijah's modifier before her and just became an Elder God? Surely there must be a God who is already more powerful than Elijah's potential who created these "modifiers". It just bothers me that we don't even know who is playing who in this situation."

Coatl takes a small pause before starting again, shaking off his worried tone.

"But look I went off on a tangent! I do that sometimes. I'm just curious about these modifiers is all."

Coils scrutinizes Coatl more carefully.

That's quite the worried tone, there, buster. Someone not happy when he's NOT playing god? Oh, yes, I recognize that aura when I see it. It's faint, but he's been the puppet of a god before. It takes one to know one. That dark energy isn't his own - it's the work of another, more powerful being.

It's practically scrawled all over him.

"Well, I suppose in a sense I'm Jaik's modifier, but I'm an independent entity with thoughts and feelings; my heart just happens to be filled with divine and arcane conjuration power. Like you and your dark energy, it mostly manifests itself as an ability. I'm the, ah... magical firepower of the duo. As for the modifier and Elijah worries, I'm pretty sure this was an anomaly; Elijah wasn't supposed to happen. I don't think that she was "fated" to ever pick up that modifier. Insanely powerful artifacts tend to mess up the grand scheme of things. If it wasn't Elijah, I'm sure it would have been someone else. Fact is, these gods? They're just the newest fad. Before them, I'm sure there was something else in charge, and before that thing, I'm sure there were other, stranger things. Perhaps those things were what caused the Tortured to appear in the first place. But every god has a story for how they got power, and the power had to come from somewhere. A few hundred millennia from now? Not one single divine being will be left. I'm sure of it. Something far stranger will be in their place. In the end, what we do here matters for a long time, but not in the grand scheme of things. But it's a step in the right direction, which is why I'm here. I want to affect the grand scheme of things. I want reality to be thrown off of the tracks. I want to make a permanent mark on the universe - a good one. A place safe from corruption and gods and Tortured. I know it's possible. And Elijah doesn't exactly fit that goal, but she's certainly an avenue to an avenue. And the more I know? The better."

(YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT)

"You're much more outspoken than your companion. I met him yesterday. I think I'm fond of you both. It helps to see rational people in this world."

Of course, Coatl's idea of rational people was different than others may say.

"I'm Coatl by the way. I think I'll play along as well and see what kind of doors open up."

Coils smirks to himself.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get a potential target to chum along with you. Wait until Jaik hears about THIS.

"Obviously, I'm Coils. Jaik named me back when I was a tattoo; a stupid name, but it stuck nonetheless. Good to hear you're on our side. I'm used to speaking my mind - I had to, before I was whole. It was my job - to be a second set of eyes and ears and brains. Two heads are better than one, was the Dimir motto."

Heh. He has no idea how much I'm NOT speaking my mind. I'd call him an idiot, but based on his regal "authority" and general long-wordiness, I'd say he's probably pretty intelligent, and his constant mentioning of his royal status implies that he was well educated, and is used to being a leader. But he has his flaws. Too willing to trust his own kind, he's forgotten that snakes are known as devious for a reason. Maybe there's something in his past that can explain his willingness to trust? Usually, evil people are very cold and distant (for their own protection) but he seems pretty... well, normal for a dark-magic-god-pawn person pretending to be on board with this whole killing-immortals thing.

"Anything you can tell me, that you're learned? God-related or otherwise? How'd you get here? Where'd you come from? Any sort of information could be useful."

(@aquaInferno: Yes, these are a part of character development. Seih's not always entirely in control of his mind.)

Seih stops his search to look at Jaik, considering. "Limitless. So... say I wanted to make..." His mind starts racing with the possibilities. What could he achieve with infinite energy? Even if he couldn't cure himself, he could surely obtain equipment that would help - mental shielding, soothing pills, neural amplifiers... It is worth a try at least, isn't it?

The bird hunt nearly forgotten, Seih asks Jaik, "Very well. I will try. Since I do not have a modifier myself, however, do you know if any of the others would be willing to create things for me?" Seih leaps down from the branch, cushioning his fall with a burst of levitation, and puts his coat back on as he waits for Jaik to fall. "Thank you for helping, but you can disregard the birds now. Unless you do happen to see one. It was a fool's hope. I would much rather go back and try my chance now." Despite this, Seih still idly continues his search from the ground, mostly out of simple curiosity now.

While he waits, Seih temporarily puts aside his excitement over the prospect of a cure and considers Jaik. It seems I have a new friend now. Well, perhaps friend is a bit too premature. A helpful acquaintance at least. And someone who can hopefully "handle" me. I should try not to stray too far from him. For now, at least.

Jaik assesses Seih as he talks about his agreement with his idea.

Well, it appears he wasn't quite as silly as I figured. Good for him!

"Yeah, my snake Coils can conjure non-magical items, so probably suppressants are within his reach, but if you want a full cure, then talking to Elijah or Meilikki might help."

He smiles with relief, and starts to walk back to camp.

Coatl looks off to the side trying to remember his past once more. He didn't have trouble remembering or anything, he just wanted to make sure he got everything right. Besides who knows if this information will be useful?

"I know it may sound ridiculous but I find Gods to be flawed just as mortals are. Even those not branded as Fallen. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. I come from the kingdom of Iania, our Gods have the potential to become Fallen when they are corrupted over time. The God of Life was the First Fallen. His fall was not of his own fault. The Gods damned him for protecting a race that he loved from extinction. He killed the God of Death before he was overwhelmed by the others. They locked him away in a magical Tome which is where I found him. He taught me the dark arts of the New Life and his powers of Death absorbed from the first Dead God so my Kingdom could defeat an army of unbelievable proportions. I am blessed but am aware of the corruption his powers have become after the God became Fallen. I learned that his magic is unholy and painful to the Gods. Over time I gained the ability to corrupt things too. I used this ability to assist your companion Jaik. If I can spread my corruption, the mortals can stand a chance in this God Battle. I will not let them go extinct."

"His name was Mezbet by the way. I respect what he did. Do not take this the wrong way though, I do not disrespect the Gods. I just need to learn who is worthy of praise and who must fall."

Chris just munches on his pizza for a good while, just now really starting to listen to the conversation, "Well, most of the ones I've run into on this damned world have been of the type who've been trying to gain more power by trying to steal Elijah's modifier. I was worried that some would actually try to invade my dreams last night like they did on the ship, lucky for them they didn't." he lets himself have a small chuckle at that, "In fact every god but Diana has been here to try and steal power from Elijah's modifier I think. I'm sure there's other ways for a god to grow in power, but anyways, almost every god you'll probably encounter here will be trying to get their hands on Elijah's modifier. One of them almost did I think, it didn't end well as he was overwhelmed by the power it contained if I'm remembering things right."

He points upwards, "I think there's some kind of giant fight going on over our heads between the stronger gods right now and the leftover power from that is trickling down and being absorbed into Elijah's modifier. Last I checked the power level on Eli was something with 26, 30 zeroes on the end of it. Just something astronomically large."

Kalos remains quiet in the face of all this, a bit lost in thought. He's snapped out of it by Chris talking. Apparently the new voice was enough to get him out of his reverie.

"Well, gosh, fantastic, we're wandering around with a physical god. Sure hope she doesn't get fucking bitter about the deities trying to absorb her divine essence, because the last thing we need is a deity with a hatred for people. And trust me, I'm speaking from goddamn experience here."

Coils chooses to say nothing, instead pondering the information Coatl gives him.

"Very well. I shall see who else is in the mood to talk. Have you seen Jaik? He was supposed to be here five minutes ago..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back