• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ambiguity's Ambiguous Stories

Ambiguity

Welcome ...

Anything FxF here would be simply grand. Current craving ...

catching_a_dream_by_joeyjazz-d7mqeyh.jpg

Hello all and welcome to my humble interest check. Here's my interest check that I hope to keep updated with pairings, genres, and plot ideas. Before we get into the nitty gritty, some ground rules are in order.

General Expectations
  • I'm ditch friendly. If you want to end the story, no big deal whatsoever! I would love it if you let me know, but I won't hold it against you if you vanish. Well. Maybe a bit.​
  • If you should chose to write with me, I expect you to pull your weight and contribute to the story. Also, being able to help with world building and NPC control is a must! If you can't do this, you might want to find a different partner to write with.​
  • No one liners. I can't do one liners. I'd like at least a paragraph. For reference, my average post can range anywhere from 1-12 paragraphs.​
  • I don't really like to write sexual scenes. I prefer fade to black. Romance is awesome though. I'm not looking to write smut scenes however.​
  • I really prefer FxF dynamics. Just a preference of mine. I am open to MxF though.​
  • Plot and character development is what I typically emphasize when writing. Fair warning given.​
Plots, Pairings, and the Fun Stuff

Plots

spaceship_by_llamllam-d8jpchh.jpg

Humanity has moved into the vastness of space. Leaving behind the birthplace of humanity, to support the demand and growing population, new planets needed to be colonized and mined. Even though its golden age of technology, danger abounds in vastness of space previously thought fiction.

While conflict wages between the Federation and the Aldaneen Empire, some elements of humanity didn't believe in the war. In fact, some see it as an opportunity to strike it large via trading between the galactic community.

Starting as elements of the Federation that went rogue, the Traders wander the galaxy aboard their home ship built over generations of Traders before them. Highly sought after due to the rare goods they carry, the Traders rarely flex their military might unless provoked or incursions to secure rare artifacts. The latter contributes to their 'pirate' infamy.

Though they stay out of the war between the Federation and the Aldaneen, conflict comes to them. Eventually, they'll have to choose a side.

seldon_crisis__battle_by_adamburn-d7h58ki.jpg

As humanity expanded its reach into the universe, the first contact war began as humanity pushed passed charted space. Colonies on the outer fringes disappeared, glassed by the Furions.

Marshaling its forces to fight against the aliens, humanity entered a new age of technological advancement as great warships were fabricated in ship yards. Ground soldiers outfitted with cutting edge armor. Great mech suits created to deal mass destruction. With industry driven by war, demand for labor is high. Robotic construction, as advanced as it was, was simply not enough. War unified humanity as internal opposition within the Federation ceased.

Well into a decade of waging war, the Federation sought a new means to cripple the deadlock between humans and Furion. Simply attrition was no longer a viable option as recruits for the Federation Marines and Fleet have started to go down. A draft was kept as a last resort. The mech suits being an invaluable arsenal of humanity's, the Federation devoted its sources to create new generation machines that exceeded the earlier types.

Crafting the new generation mechs into near humanoid replicas, military scientists and engineers, managed to create a mech that linked directly to its pilot. Where the pilots used to control from a cockpit, the mech and pilot merged fully via a neural link. What the mech felt, the pilot felt. Each unit was given an AI. Each given a core personality that retained plasticity to mesh with the pilots. With these additions, the Federation hoped this would create a deadlier weapon on the field. The mechs, looking like humans, was simply an aesthetic.

Ready to ship out and test in combat, the introduction of these mechs would either achieve victory for the Federation or forestall the Furion advance until a better weapon could be created.

Thus, begins the story of a pilot and her mech.

Fandoms

NieR: Automata
Persona 5
Overwatch
Division
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect
Killzone

---
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll update this thread accordingly as new ideas and plots come to mind.

Hope to hear from you all and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hello! ^^

I know it's a late post, but if you're still interested in a Horizon roleplay, I'd be beyond delighted!!!

I'm sure by my avatar you've figured out I'm obsessed with the world. x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back