• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Amasia (Interest Check)

LocalFloridaman

Chaos Merchant and dealer of fictional arms
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Forgive the lack of editing and formatting, im still getting used to this site and its facets.

The Basic premise I have come up with goes as fallows:

A group of modern day people of various origins and life styles are seemingly transported from their modern lives in to an alternative variant of Earth roughly around 50,000 BCE, or the beginning of the first height of the Paleolithic era in Human history.

They don't really know why they are there or who, or what, actually put them there. They seemingly wake up in a sheltered clearing alongside their fellow abductees, each wearing a survival pack containing a set of survival rations, a set of tools, a few personally chosen items approved by the OP before hand with the only goals made known to them by a piece of paper in each of their right hands being thus:

"Survive."
"Find the Pathfinder."

The setting it self is meant to be utterly alien to folk who otherwise grew up in the modern day. The upper Paleolithic is home to all manner of megafauna, flora, predators and different tribes of hunter gatherer Humans as well as other extant forms of Hominid life that would both be very similar to known Homo Sapiens sibling spieces, as well as other forms of Hominid life that are seemingly the result of altering or tampering by the "Entity" that brought them there.

At first it would be a simple Survival RPG set in a rarely seen setting and certain tweaks done to give the otherwise normal people brought there a fighting chance to survive, AE: The tools seemingly tailored by the "Entity" to compliment their known skills as well as minor tweaks done to their own biology to better prepare them for the trials ahead.

The Basic idea to those tweaks done being:

1.Increased Tolerance to temps (Not overly so, one could still die to Extreme heat or cold)
2. nominally increased endurance (Not superhuman, but roughly on par with some one nearing their natural peak performance)
3. Moderate resistance to disease (Thing's that would normally be fatal without modern medicine will likely only greatly trouble them, natural poisons would still affect them)
4. The near total ceasing of biological Aging (If one requires a realistic explanation, it would seem the "Entity" has seemingly perfected the imperfection in the copying of Human DNA chains that leads to Data loss and corruption that is generally thought to be the cause of natural aging in H. Sapiens Sapiens

The basic idea for the 1st Arc, so to speak, would be this group attempting to survive the first few weeks to months as they meet local tribes, deal with local animals, attempt to survive the perils of the Stone Age while looking for this "Pathfinder" who is seemingly meant to guide them. (Played by your's truly)

Once the initial relationships are set and players have an idea in mind for what they want to do, the story would begin to progress over the next several years (and eventually decades and centuries) as these seemingly immortal people effect and guide, for better or for worse, the eventual civiliations and peoples and cultures as time goes on, hopefully going full circle and bringing them back to a modern world similar to our own.

Would anyone be interested in this, both as players and or as CoOPs willing to aid me in cementing

Addendum. New
I'm not looking for players yet, this is mostly to see interest and look for input and or folks who might be opening for setting down more concrete plot line ideas and rules for the game in general. Don't plan on using a Dice or pnp system, but I'm not opposed to it, as I tend to prefer GURPS or SPECIAL when I do pnp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back