• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [Always Open] Looking For Someone to Play Merula Snyde (Hogwarts Mystery)

Hogwarts Mystery
Alright, let's get back into this...
Hello, my name is Ryker, but you can call me whatever you like. I'm very lax on rules, so if any one of these isn't your cup of tea I'm open to changing some things around.

1) I am looking for someone who can play a female character in a relationship, platonic or otherwise, with my male character. You yourself do not have to be a girl, just play as one.
(Note: I am NOT by any means telling you that you are only restricted to one character or several exclusively female ones. I love playing multiple characters! I'm just letting you know that if you aren't at all comfortable with RPing as a female character, this probably isn't for you.)

2) This isn't a requirement, obviously, but I would be much more willing to RP on Discord rather than on PMs here, purely for the fact that all my successful RPs to this day have been on that format. If you do not have a Discord, I'd recommend it! Maybe I could even be the person you first try it out with!

3) I will try my very hardest to match your post length, and I am flexible with writing styles. I lean heavily towards third-person limited, however. If you would like to do anything that normally isn't orthodox in RP (Take control of my characters, introduce a new plotline out of nowhere, etc.) You may! Just talk about it to me first. I'm open to your ideas- otherwise, why would there be two of us? Speaking of...

4) OOC is my favorite. I would adore the opportunity to talk with you about the RP, get feedback, maybe get to know you, put up faceclaims and visuals... Let's just have fun with it, yeah?

5) If you want to stop RPing, please tell me, and I will bow out without any sort of tantrum. These threads are about finding a partner that suits you, and if I'm just not someone that you're compatible with, that is perfectly fine.
Likewise, life happens, guys. If you need to take a break because of any issues you're having, or if you just need to recharge your creative batteries, I'm all too happy to give you some time.

Does that sound manageable? If it does, you might just be a perfect partner! Now that all the boring stuff is out of the way, you might be wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Well,~

Recently, I've began playing the mobile game Hogwarts Mystery, where you take the role of a Hogwarts student who begins attending the school three years after The Boy Who Lived defeated Lord Voldemort as a baby, meaning everyone in that year would be eighteen years old by the time Harry would begin attending Hogwarts. Your character is the younger sibling of a boy called Jacob, who everyone insists went insane trying to find something in Hogwarts called the Cursed Vaults. Your character's mission, besides making friends and passing classes, is to find out what happened to Jacob. Because of Jacob's supposed ties to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and the mysterious nature of his disappearance, his younger sibling is often the target of rumors, suspicion, and scorn.
Now, if you have played or have started playing the game, good on you! You may skip the next couple parts if you so desire. This'll be where I talk about Merula (a character in the game) to anyone that is interested but hasn't played the game.

1526448719482.jpg

Merula is, in the most basic terms, the Draco Malfoy archetype of the game. She is a Slytherin in the player's year that repeatedly exhibits animosity towards the player character, lies and cheats, deliberately uses You-Know-Who's name, insists she is a genius and the best witch in Hogwarts, challenges the player character to duel after duel to prove herself, and even recruits two lackeys of her own in her third year-
Barnaby (a gullible, towering guy who later befriended the player) and Ismelda (A creepy girl who reveres Voldemort and thinks an Unforgivable Curse is the answer to every problem, no matter how trivial.)
She probably doesn't seem like the kind of person you would like to RP as, right? There's only one thing...

She's totally a giant tsundere, guys.

5c0.png

Her bullying is like the textbook flirting kids do with each other when they have crushes and don't want to admit it. If the player ever compliments her in response to one of her insults she gets noticably flustered, pretty much every waking moment she's trying to figure out how to outdo the player, and she seems to get jealous of all the player's friends, lashing out whenever they stand up to defend them.
During The Celestial Ball event she admits that the player was her first choice as a date, during the Christmas event she teaches the player how to create snow and shares a tender moment with them... Et cetera.

And she's not just a Malfoy archetype, either. Merula is a loner ostracized by even her own house for her behavior, sits at the bottom of wizarding social hierarchy due to her missing (Death Eater) parents, has to earn everything with nothing but her talent, and gives off a punk vibe. Draco, in contrast, was a wealthy blueblood who used his family's status to push things in his favor and was fairly popular among his house.
She seems to have at least some standards, as she openly expresses scathing distaste every time Ismelda or Barnaby want to do something horrific to the player character, and sometimes she lets her tough facade down to reveal a slightly insecure girl who just needs a hug.

201934_202134166.jpg

What I'd look for in a partner playing her is to have a quick wit, a knack for sarcastic comments and insults, and to know when to let that demeanor slip in favor of a sweeter side.

As for the character I will be playing...

Russel is in the same year as Merula, and was also sorted into Slytherin. Unlike her, though, he is less of a bully or proud braggart kind of Slytherin, in favor of a well-meaning young man who happens to have the resolve to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals, whether through scheming or otherwise. That isn't to say he is a bad person- far from it.
That's an easy way to talk about their personalities, right? If Merula weren't a pureblooded, cunning, prideful girl, she would be in Gryffindor because of her daring nature and fiery, gruff personality. Russel, on the other hand, would be sorted in Ravenclaw because of his eagerness to learn, more reserved and uptight personality, and tendency to think outside the box. Of course, his ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness won out with the Sorting Hat.

Russel is actually a very good student, as the game kind of forces you to be a prodigy if you don't always mess up. Believe it or not, that part of the game isn't just there to stroke your ego. It is a definite and palpable plotpoint that Merula, a prodigy in herself that everyone begrudgingly admits is shockingly talented, is constantly outdone by the player character, which leads into her jealousy and compulsion to be around and outdo this person.
And even despite the handwave that would make Russel's prowess in a lot of things acceptable at worst, he actually has more than a couple shortcomings.

While he can answer trivia questions and cast spells with people two years ahead of him, any house points he could gain from that would be dwarfed by the points he loses because of his desire to seek out the same Cursed Vaults his brother had sought (a race he competes with Merula for constantly) And his aforementioned rivalry with Ms. Snyde. Between them and all the crap they pull on each other, it's a very good thing they're both great students because if they didn't make up all the points they lost their house, Slytherin would constantly be in last place all year long.

Regulus.Black.full.795595.jpg

3f03eb0d9d88f3f4b29666f722e94a09.jpg
People inside of Slytherin tend not to like him because he tends to lose them house points and he doesn't agree with a lot of his house's values, and other houses don't tend to like him because... Well, he's a Slytherin, for one. Predispositions and all that. There's also the little fact that the last Slytherin in his family, his brother, was rumored to be working directly for The Dark Lord. That can't do much for his reputation either.
He has a couple friends, however. Rowan Khanna, a dorky bookworm who was sorted into Slytherin alongside Russel- leading the two to become fast friends, and Penny Haywood- a kindhearted Hufflepuff girl who is exceedingly popular in her year.
Note: Penny, Rowan, and other characters have appearances and personalities beyond the laconic descriptions I've offered. We can go more into detail in OOC.

The Plot(s)!

The Cursed Vaults... Any who found them and the treasure they must have held would surely be immortalized in history, heralded as a genius, and more than likely have enough to last them for the rest of their lives. At least, this was Merula's take on it. For Russel Kyrre, the vaults were a way for him to get some closure on his older brother's disappearance. Since their first year Merula and Russel had fought each other tooth-and-nail in the mad dash for the next clue, the next lock, the next danger that awaited them.

Starting their fourth year, though, a renowned Curse-Breaker known as Patricia Rakepick has been assigned to look for them in the students' stead after repeated warnings of punishment from their Headmaster not to keep poking their noses into the vaults. Patricia seems to have other plans for them, though. Taking Russel and Merula as disciples after a short tryout session, Rakepick now forces the two to work together for the same common goal.
Can they trust her? A better question to ask: Can they keep themselves from murdering each other long enough to find out?

A new year begins! Classes starting, friends having their own little reunions, and Hogwarts opened it's gates for all to learn and visit! Now, a custom for one Slytherin girl is to go harass her rival on the first day back. The first argument would be held as soon as they locked eyes, of course. Now all she had to do was wait for him to finish talking to that Hufflepuff girl... Still talking... Still talking... When was this going to end!?

Apparently, not anytime soon. The girl who Merula researched (through totally not creepy and ambiguously illegal ways) was named 'Penny Haywood.' Stupid name, to be frank. And she had started dating Merula's rival sometime during summer break. That explained all the laughing... And smiling... And hugging... Merula wondered why this bothered her so much. Maybe it was because her comments and insults didn't seem to bother him as much when he was staring dreamily into space...
The only thing about this situation that was certain in Merula's mind was that she didn't like what was happening with this relationship... And she was going to do something about it...

Graduation had been easy. Neither of them had ever let up in their studies or their rivalry. She had won some squabbles, he had won others, and they both ended up in the top of their classes by their seventh year. Now, at twenty-two, they caught wind of the news;
The Boy Who Lived spoke of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named returning from the grave, and the following year all were informed that these weren't the inane ramblings of a boy looking for attention, or a shellshocked Tournament survivor trying to fill in the blanks of what had happened to Cedric Diggory. Lord Voldemort had returned. Azkaban was being emptied, people were choosing sides, and Merula and Russel were now the target of suspicion more than ever from their coworkers, from their employers, and from each other.
With their family line, their pure-blood-oriented heritage, and the desperate need to keep doing more and more to come out on top once and for all, even they have to ask themselves the question...
Are the suspicions truly unfounded?

Would they be willing and able to finish what their families had started? Did they have the drive to rise up, shed all humanity in favor of securing a future where they would never be overlooked again? Could they bear the Dark Mark and swear fealty to it's master?

(An idea I thought up, seeing as neither Merula nor The Player -for obvious reasons- are members of The Order of The Phoenix. It would be interesting to see Death Eater characters struggle with the morality of it all and possibly defect to fight Lord Voldemort.)

A much more relaxed RP, this merely can be set in any year, simply following the everyday lives of Merula and Russel. The story wouldn't be very exciting, and it would be purely focused on the development of the Slytherins' relationship with each other. There could be periods where they want nothing more than to throw one another off the highest tower on campus, and periods when they want to spend as much time together as possible. The story would be a collection of little prompts we'd come up with as we went. If you don't want to be tied and stress out about making a huge, sprawling narrative, if you just want to focus on doing cute things with our characters, this one is for you.

If you have an idea, please pitch it to me! I'd love to hear it. I'm very excited about doing this, and I'd really like all of you to enjoy it! Ignore the number of replies if there are any. There are probably very few people who want to do this as it is.
Without further ado, hit me up on Discord or on the PMs here if you're interested! I eagerly await your greeting and look forward to working with you!

My Discord: @Silently-I-Fall#9748

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back