Altissa IC

Blake sat through the introduction speech with a rather bored expression on his face. As the headmaster blabbed on he played with fire. Not real fire though, just an illusion of fire that he created. A few stares were sent his way by other students and a boy who looked to be some sort of tree person gazed fearfully at the flames. Blake smiled to himself as he thought of something his mother had said. "Once someone believes something they will do anything in their power to keep that belief true." An illusion was a powerful thing even if it was practically harmless. After what seemed like forever the headmaster finished and sent them on their way. Blake stood up and headed in the direction that he believed the front desk was at. Mostly he just followed everyone else though. After reaching the desk, he was given a pamphlet and sent on his way once more. He stopped once he exited the school and read the pamphlet briefly before groaning inwardly. "Of course I'm with a girl..." He mumbled to himself and then headed for the dorms with a sigh of defeat. Maybe, if the stars allowed it, she would be a nice girl and not a crazy chic or anything. He took the steps two at a time till he reached the third floor and walked down the hall till he came to his assigned dorm. He knocked on the door before walking in. "Hello?" He called out, seeing some things at the entryway he guessed his roommate was already their. 

@MisfortunateDreams

(the thing his mother said is a hint towards what will happen to him in the future :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Emily was already starting to doze off when she suddenly heard someone call out her first name from outside. Even with all the noise the students were making, that voice stood out, maybe because of the very... peculiar accent, not to mention that the girl was shouting pretty loud. Needless to say, Emily wasn't pleased at all, especially when she figured it might be her roommate. She sprang out of bed and hurried to the door with heavy steps. She wasn't furious, but she wasn't happy either. Emily opened the door and tried tracking the source of the voice, but she wasn't the only one to do so. The other students were also staring at the silver-haired girl. "Hey!" She called out. "Please tell me you're not Maria..."                                  ((@Princess Ami))

Emily was already starting to doze off when she suddenly heard someone call out her first name from outside. Even with all the noise the students were making, that voice stood out, maybe because of the very... peculiar accent, not to mention that the girl was shouting pretty loud. Needless to say, Emily wasn't pleased at all, especially when she figured it might be her roommate. She sprang out of bed and hurried to the door with heavy steps. She wasn't furious, but she wasn't happy either. Emily opened the door and tried tracking the source of the voice, but she wasn't the only one to do so. The other students were also staring at the silver-haired girl. "Hey!" She called out. "Please tell me you're not Maria..."                                  ((@Princess Ami))

Maria saw the girl that called out to her, asking her if she was Maria. Maria jumped down from where she stood, landing on her feet like she just hoped down a single stair. "I could tell ya that, but it´d be a lie.", she said. "Is that an issue for ya?" Maria looked at the girl estimatingly, she was not sure if she was gonna be friends with that person, so she wouldnt be too kind. But not mean either. Maria pulled out a chocolate bar from... Nowhere, actually, as she had just created it. She opened it and took a bite, looking at the girl front to her questioningly. "What´cha staring at, mate?"

Maria saw the girl that called out to her, asking her if she was Maria. Maria jumped down from where she stood, landing on her feet like she just hoped down a single stair. "I could tell ya that, but it´d be a lie.", she said. "Is that an issue for ya?" Maria looked at the girl estimatingly, she was not sure if she was gonna be friends with that person, so she wouldnt be too kind. But not mean either. Maria pulled out a chocolate bar from... Nowhere, actually, as she had just created it. She opened it and took a bite, looking at the girl front to her questioningly. "What´cha staring at, mate?"

A lie? Was the girl being serious or was she just trying to trick Emily?  "Hmmm... The way I see it, you can only know my name if you have the pamphlet that they handed out at the front desk, and you can only have the pamphlet if you're my roommate. Since my roommate's name is Maria, I think it's safe to assume that you are indeed Maria." She responded, now a little more calm and with a cocky smile on her face. "Now, as for it being an issue, believe me when I say that I hope it isn't. Because, you know, first impressions are pretty important and the only thing I can make out of you right now is that you're noisy. Are you gonna prove me wrong?" She flashed a grin at the girl, but her expression quickly turned to one of surprise when she saw how the girl just magically created a bar of chocolate, and a pretty tasty looking one at that. "Wanna go inside and drop your bags down? We could talk more inside without having all of these people staring at us." She offered as a courtesy. She didn't have reason enough not to be friendly towards the girl, at least not yet. 

A lie? Was the girl being serious or was she just trying to trick Emily?  "Hmmm... The way I see it, you can only know my name if you have the pamphlet that they handed out at the front desk, and you can only have the pamphlet if you're my roommate. Since my roommate's name is Maria, I think it's safe to assume that you are indeed Maria." She responded, now a little more calm and with a cocky smile on her face. "Now, as for it being an issue, believe me when I say that I hope it isn't. Because, you know, first impressions are pretty important and the only thing I can make out of you right now is that you're noisy. Are you gonna prove me wrong?" She flashed a grin at the girl, but her expression quickly turned to one of surprise when she saw how the girl just magically created a bar of chocolate, and a pretty tasty looking one at that. "Wanna go inside and drop your bags down? We could talk more inside without having all of these people staring at us." She offered as a courtesy. She didn't have reason enough not to be friendly towards the girl, at least not yet. 

Maria tilted her head at the girl, shrugging. "We could head inside. I dont care. I like the outside too." Maria made a pirouette in the cold, still wearing her usual outfit and no special winter wear. "Its nice here." She then looked at Emily again. "Nah, not proving ya wrong. I can be quite noisy at times. I can also get quite annoying, so ya better be prepared. But I´m nice at heart, kinda. Maybe." Maria turned around to look at the school. "This place´s pretty big. Ne'er thought it´d be that big." She turned to Emily once again. "Ya´ve looked at my chocolate nough now, if ya want some too, tell me. That´s not a problem." Maria simply created another one and offered it to her roommate. "I´d be happy to have a friend in my room, but it´s up to ya. If ya think I´m not worth all the annoyment, is that a word? It sure is now. If ya think its not worth, that´s fine too."

kiarsuke

kiarsuke dragged her tired self across the snow, her excitement shadowed by fatigue from her long flight. Her usually magestic wings trailed behind her ,bedraggled and limp. She reached the school grounds and looked around the empty grounds in confusion. Then it dawned on her, she was late... Like really late. Kiarsuke fell face first in the soft snow and outwardly groaned, frustrated. "I'm done for" she muttered, feeling that she was over everything. Kiarsuke suddenly tasted the frosty snow in her mouth that she had let in from her previous statement and jerked upright, spitting out the freezing mush of snow, biting her tongue in the process. "Owwie!" She snapped and started stuffing fresh snow into her mouth. Midway from stuffing another handful of snow in her mouth she stopped, thinking, I probably look like an idiot 

Feather

As the building quieted down, Feather took this as a hint that the assembly was starting. The headmaster began his speech, talking about how the year would go, info on the dorms, and assignments. She listened intently, but soon she began to get super nervous and overwhelmed by all the information. Something that she had the tendency to avoid. She began to sweat, the information overloading in her mind. Luckily, the speech ended shortly and it was kept very brief, but by the time Euclid turned to address her....

She was in her Chibi Bear form, a tiny panda bear that looked like something out of a children's anime. Feather sighed, plodding over to where her glasses (and the rest of her clothes) had fallen off due to the transformation. 

"S-Sorry...nervous habit," she quickly explained, looking up to where Euclid was. "And sure. I hope my roommate isn't too loud and annoying..."

Luana flinched at the friendly contact not used to the sort. Her older siblings always bullied her because of her status. Softly walking to the corner of the main entrance Luana pulled out a vile. She was sure he knew how it worked and the sort so she grabbed out a gold goblet and filled it with the water. Passing it up to his face Luana looked away. "H-He wants to talk about....me..and...and why I'm s-so different" She mumbled before quickly turning invisible. 

The water bubbled and the old tree appeared in said water. "Hello Varrus. I feel the need to alarm you of the unusual properties my daughter has compared to her siblings. She's the first runt of my litter to survive. The reason she did survive is because she's meant to look after your Souling. I must warn you however that she's very unstable both emotionally and physically. I am not so sure she'll ever be ready to go on these 'missions' that you seem to have now. I am counting on your school to stabilize my daughter and build her confidence. Can you do that?" He asked with a stern voice.

Varrus Shoal

Varrus nodded slowly, "Of course." He replied as he took the goblet. He himself was extremely curious so he had little reason to refuse to speak. When the girl disappeared he sighed gently, he hoped she hadn't ran off or anything. Nevertheless he looked down at the goblet, used to doing so when he had taught the trees children before. He stayed silent and thoughtfully listened to the tree. So she was the runt...that makes sense. It explained several qualities the girl had including her height and why she was so very nervous. He was willing to cut her a bit of slack now that he had this information, especially considering she seemed important to himself.

At his question Varrus nodded, "Of course I can, I'll do my best regardless." He told him. "I'm sure all she needs is to make a few friends and be shown she's doing well in school and she'll improve." He said. "From what you tell me it's important to me that she does so I have nothing to gain from not helping." He continued. "Was there anything else you wish to speak to me about?"

"One more thing: If her siblings decide to ever visit. I need a teacher or even you to watch over her. Her siblings do cause Luana to lose it so It's best to look out for unstable behavior. That's all I have to say for now. I'm counting on you Varrus" After that the water turned normal before turning into mist and disappearing from the goblet. Luana appeared again and softly took the goblet before putting it back. She knew the headmaster was the only one who was given the gift by her father to see Soulings himself. Without them dying as a whole. 

Holding out her palm the Soulings from his shoulder jumped into her hands. "He's very healthy headmaster Varrus. You have been looking after yourself" She mumbled with soft confidence. This was a very good way to boost her confidence. Talking about things she's certain about. Petting the small Souling she rested him apon the headmasters hands. "I heard your conversion with father. I don't think my siblings will bother with a runt. I shall be heading to my room now. Goodbye headmaster" Luana bowed before walking back to the front.

Phenel

Soon after the announcement, a rather small kitsune girl had climbed on top of a fallen tree's stump and cleared her throat, one hand pressed over her chest, the other gripping one of her sword's handles. "Is there anyone here who believes they can best me in friendly competition?" She exclaimed, stamping her foot as if to gain more attention.

Tareek stumbled up to the stage, already a little impaired. He just caught the tail end of the speech. He knew he had to go to the front desk and check in so he started his "harrowing journey" through the courtyard. He noticed people shivering but his fur kept him nice and warm. He glanced around at the other students that were funneling towards the front desk. Some of them had tails, others had furry ears, a few even had both. He felt somewhat alone in the fact that he was the only fully animalistic person around, the booze helped alleviate that feeling. 

He waited in the long line to the front desk and collected his map and room assignment. "Auberon? Interesting name. Hope he's friendly."

A long walk to the dorms led him to the door number that matched the one on his key and he walked in. Not even two steps later he fell flat on his face and passed out, his bottle rolling a couple feet from his hand.

@buoyancy

Maria tilted her head at the girl, shrugging. "We could head inside. I dont care. I like the outside too." Maria made a pirouette in the cold, still wearing her usual outfit and no special winter wear. "Its nice here." She then looked at Emily again. "Nah, not proving ya wrong. I can be quite noisy at times. I can also get quite annoying, so ya better be prepared. But I´m nice at heart, kinda. Maybe." Maria turned around to look at the school. "This place´s pretty big. Ne'er thought it´d be that big." She turned to Emily once again. "Ya´ve looked at my chocolate nough now, if ya want some too, tell me. That´s not a problem." Maria simply created another one and offered it to her roommate. "I´d be happy to have a friend in my room, but it´s up to ya. If ya think I´m not worth all the annoyment, is that a word? It sure is now. If ya think its not worth, that´s fine too."

Emily simply shrugged at the girl's seemingly lack of interest. "I guess outside is fine.  I was planning on taking a walk through the school grounds and maybe pass by the cafeteria on my way back. You're welcome to join me if you want." It was a little preoccupying to hear Maria admit she could be noisy and annoying, but Emily just figured she'd get used to it eventually. She stretched her arm forward to take the chocolate bar the girl had offered her. "Thanks." She said with a smile. "You seem nice enough. I guess I won't mind if you're annoying if you provide me with a bar of chocolate every now and again." She jested. She took a bite out of the chocolate to try it, the sweet taste immediately flooding her taste buds. It had a pretty nice flavor. Only time would tell if Emily and her roommate would become friends or not. "You coming?" She said as she began walking to exit the dorms and go walk the school grounds.

Emily simply shrugged at the girl's seemingly lack of interest. "I guess outside is fine.  I was planning on taking a walk through the school grounds and maybe pass by the cafeteria on my way back. You're welcome to join me if you want." It was a little preoccupying to hear Maria admit she could be noisy and annoying, but Emily just figured she'd get used to it eventually. She stretched her arm forward to take the chocolate bar the girl had offered her. "Thanks." She said with a smile. "You seem nice enough. I guess I won't mind if you're annoying if you provide me with a bar of chocolate every now and again." She jested. She took a bite out of the chocolate to try it, the sweet taste immediately flooding her taste buds. It had a pretty nice flavor. Only time would tell if Emily and her roommate would become friends or not. "You coming?" She said as she began walking to exit the dorms and go walk the school grounds.

Maria nodded. "I´m nice, i promise. Only time i won´t be is if ya get me furious. But ya better don´t do that anyways." Maria then quickly followed after her new room mate. "Food sounds awesome, I´m straving. Well, i kinda always am though." She giggled a bit and then catched up to Emily, walking next to her. Just when she was on school grounds, she heard someone call for a duell. "Sorry, Emily, ya can go on without me. Somebody just challenged me and i wont withdraw from that." Maria smiled friendly and then turned to where the challenge came from. A small girl was standing there. "Oi, little one. I´ma take you on.", she said and gave her a challenging grin. "If ya won´t scare away that is."

@NexusXV

Kozakura.Marry.600.1759908.jpg

Ugh, finally they let them inside after standing outside for thirty minutes. It didn't make things better that she had trouble seeing the headmaster because of her height. Eurphasie was ready to enter her dorm and probably fall asleep, but she would need to get the front desk to find her room number and more. But I don't feel like walking! I stood outside in the cold for 30 minutes! Oh well, she started making her way down to the front desk, probably filled with other students doing the same. Eurphrasie had to push and shove to get to the roommates board, no one was going to stop her from being lazy! 

When she finally reached the board, she was amazed the number of names that existed. More competitors to beat ... She came across her name and right next to it was a person named Feather. A part of me wants to say it's really creative, but the other side of me wants to question the parent who named their kid that stupid name. Euphrasie made her way to the dorm and entered the gates of vahalla, a big fluffy bed awaited her.

Maria nodded. "I´m nice, i promise. Only time i won´t be is if ya get me furious. But ya better don´t do that anyways." Maria then quickly followed after her new room mate. "Food sounds awesome, I´m straving. Well, i kinda always am though." She giggled a bit and then catched up to Emily, walking next to her. Just when she was on school grounds, she heard someone call for a duell. "Sorry, Emily, ya can go on without me. Somebody just challenged me and i wont withdraw from that." Maria smiled friendly and then turned to where the challenge came from. A small girl was standing there. "Oi, little one. I´ma take you on.", she said and gave her a challenging grin. "If ya won´t scare away that is."

@NexusXV

Phenel

"Oh? I could say the same to you." The little kitsune said with a cocky grin, staring down at Maria befoe making a little "Hm," and hopping down. "And don't call me little one. The name's Phenel." She said, before pulling her hat off of her head and giving her a mock bow. "And who may I have the pleasure of dueling this fine evening, Miss...?"

(Sorry if the post is a little short!)

Phenel

"Oh? I could say the same to you." The little kitsune said with a cocky grin, staring down at Maria befoe making a little "Hm," and hopping down. "And don't call me little one. The name's Phenel." She said, before pulling her hat off of her head and giving her a mock bow. "And who may I have the pleasure of dueling this fine evening, Miss...?"

(Sorry if the post is a little short!)

Maria looked at the girl jump down. She shrugged, when her future opponent bowed. "Maria Viktoria Clarke. Some may call me other things, like Princess or Queen, but the kingdom I´m from does not exist anymore. So im just Maria. Friends can call me Maria, ya however have to call me Maria. A`ight?" Maria moved her shoulders a bit, like warming up. "Gotta give me a few rules though. How far do we go, how hard can i hit, how deep can i cut?" She gave the kitsune an evil smirk. "I don´t wanna play too rough for ya, ya know?" She created a knife out of thin air, long and thin, perfect to throw. "So, what´s the rules?"

Phenel

"Sounds good to me." She said, before drawing both of her swords. "Have you ever fenced, Maria?" She asked, a small smile on her face as she held out one of the swords. " As for wounds...we shouldn't hurt each other...But a blow to the head or the heart, you're 'dead'." She punctuated the word 'dead' with finger quotes. "First to three wins. Are you up for it?"

Phenel

"Sounds good to me." She said, before drawing both of her swords. "Have you ever fenced, Maria?" She asked, a small smile on her face as she held out one of the swords. " As for wounds...we shouldn't hurt each other...But a blow to the head or the heart, you're 'dead'." She punctuated the word 'dead' with finger quotes. "First to three wins. Are you up for it?"

Maria tilted her head. "Fencing? Oh dang ... i already hated that back then." She shrugged and took one of the swords, swinging it a few times to get a feel for it. "I ain`t the best fencer, but i can at least do a little bit. Had a few years training. But if ya beat me here, dont assume yar the better fighter." She laughed a bit. "And i i win, thats embarrassing, just sayin." She got into a battle stance, looking at her opponent. "A´ight, lets go." Maria´s relaxed attitude changed to a more tense one, however now, with that rapier, she actually looked pretty noble. "You tell us when to go.", she said, without a trace of an accent. "En garde."

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)][SIZE= 20px]NERYS DURWARD [/COLOR][/SIZE]

@Talon

Her things had been packed in a specific way that allowed for her to unpack it with easy according to section of the room she'd like to do first. For instance, if she had wished to put away her bathroom things first, they were all in the smaller pouches that were green. The clothing was in the larger blue ones along with her school supplies. Nerys hurriedly put things in order, enjoying doing it even if it was once in awhile. She hummed softly as she worked. There was little reason for her not to be happy at that moment in time. She was so much closer to everything she had wished for since Aiday and the Priestesses told her what she was. It was a wonderful feeling, being able to get what she wanted even though they all said it was impossible. She was actually about to laugh out loud in triumph when a knock sounded on the door.

"Hello?" She called out, heading in that direction to find herself face to face with whom she assumed was Blake. Her new male roommate. She held back any looks of distaste that rolled through her body and gave him a soft smile.

"I'm assuming you're the one stuck in this weird predicament with me." She asked, looking at his things. "I'm Nerys. Your new roommate." With an unsure glance behind him and around the room, she held out her hand for him to shake. She'd have to get used to this. There was no changing it. She'd have to deal with it if she wanted to find the art of summoning the Tsuki.

Maria tilted her head. "Fencing? Oh dang ... i already hated that back then." She shrugged and took one of the swords, swinging it a few times to get a feel for it. "I ain`t the best fencer, but i can at least do a little bit. Had a few years training. But if ya beat me here, dont assume yar the better fighter." She laughed a bit. "And i i win, thats embarrassing, just sayin." She got into a battle stance, looking at her opponent. "A´ight, lets go." Maria´s relaxed attitude changed to a more tense one, however now, with that rapier, she actually looked pretty noble. "You tell us when to go.", she said, without a trace of an accent. "En garde."

Phenel

"Fencing is a favorite of mine..." The kitsune said, holding up her blade with a small smirk. "Tell you what. I'll go easy on you." She chirped, before closing one eye and putting her left hand behind her back. " ...Allez!" She called out suddenly, before lunging at her opponent.

Phenel

"Fencing is a favorite of mine..." The kitsune said, holding up her blade with a small smirk. "Tell you what. I'll go easy on you." She chirped, before closing one eye and putting her left hand behind her back. " ...Allez!" She called out suddenly, before lunging at her opponent.

Maria smiled and shrugged. "You underestimate me.", she said. "I got a few tricks." The moment when she got lunged at, Maria was gone. She had simply disappeared. Was she invisible? No. She was simply suddenly behind her opponent and was now pointing her rapier at her opponents head. "This will not be as easy as you thought it would, Miss Phenel.", Maria then calmly stated, nothing in her voice but the low arrogance and confidence of a noble. "I might not be a skilled fencer, but a skilled fighter i am."

Phenel

"Mm. Seems I don't need to hold back." She said, opening her eye with the tiniest of smiles plastered to her face. She turned around slowly, stepping back three paces before beginning to circle around her. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Blake nodded slightly and walked past her, though to her eyes he actually was shaking her hand. He dumped his backpack in the corner of the room and looked around. It wasn't too bad of a place. Had a kitchen, nice decorating and just a generally cozy feel about it. He dissolved the illusion and was now seen to be where he actually was, near the kitchen.

"My names Blake, it's great to meet you Nerys and I hope we get along while here."

He said with a slight bow and a smile before taking a seat on a nearby chair and glanced around again and then looking back at Nerys.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself. How old are you aaaand," he thought for a moment. "What's your favourite subject? It can be anything from the basic classes to advanced fire manipulation. I'm 17 and mine is probably music class."

He told her and then waited for a reply.

@MisfortunateDreams

"Mm. Seems I don't need to hold back." She said, opening her eye with the tiniest of smiles plastered to her face. She turned around slowly, stepping back three paces before beginning to circle around her.

Maria gave her a grin and spun her sword in her hand a few times. "We will see if i can withstand your whole power.", she teased. "Or... you mine?" She followed her opponent with her eyes, always having her body turned in a way to defend against incoming attacks. She did not circle like Phenel did, due to her high mobility through abilities. 'Three remain.', she thought to herself. 'Plus four. Should be possible.', her thoughts continued. "Come on, i thought you wanted to fight?", she baited her opponent. Maria never made the first move. She preffered to have the last one.

Phenel

"Patience is a virtue, my dear..." She said with a short chuckle...before seeming to split into two kitsune's, both completely identical. "Lt's see if you're any good at guessing..." She teased, both moving in opposite directions from the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back