Altissa IC

Mitchs98

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

1st Month, Monday, 20th Day, 8:30 AM, 700th year of Sol

It was a rather cold day out, much colder than the day previous as the season moved on to the thick of winter. It was lightly snowing and the ground itself was already covered in the soft white substance. With no end in sight the snow had already reached a foot or two off of the ground, prompting caretakers at Altissa to scrape off the walkways nigh constantly or it'd pose a danger to others. Most people with common sense were bundled up save for those few that were otherwise immune to the elements or not bothered by them. Headmaster Varrus was one such man, a grey headed old man with relatively short hair and round glasses looking across at the crowd.

Today was the first day of the new school year, various members of the faculty that weren't busy preparing their classrooms were situated on either side of Headmaster Varrus on a small stage in the spacious back yard of the main building which was used for announcements such as this. Everyone at the school was given the day off in preparation to start the new year, while students were accepted year round Varrus and Headmasters before him liked to make a small celebration to welcome several new students at once. It gave everyone a chance to know each other and otherwise relax outside of the weekend and the faculty time to sort all the paperwork from the new students.

In just about thirty minutes Varrus would start off the announcements, which was really just a long winded speech welcoming the new students and saying he hoped they enjoyed their time there, etc. The usual spiel alongside the announcement of the school rules. He heaved a small sigh as he watched people continue to arrive one by one, the amount slowly trickling down though continuing at a steady pace. "Almost time.." He muttered after checking his watch.

The small white scarf covered Luana's face as she softly walked into the big school. Many of her siblings had come here before her all who successfully graduated. It made her think: Would she be as good? A nervous bubble erupted in the girls stomach as she continued to avoid anyone wanting to say hi. It wasn't worth making friends here if you'd all just leave in a few years time anyways. It was pointless. Everything here was pointless. Her eldest and stronger brother of the litter was supposed to be here not her. Not the weak runt. Why did her father chose her? It didn't make any sense. The runts are to never learn and usually die within a week of being born. So why did her father let her live? All these questions in the guardians mind and no answer. 

Tia stood besides the headmaster Varrus with a soft smile. Oh how exciting this is indeed! To meet new students and make new friends along the way. It was always nice to see fresh faces in her classroom. Sadly for her the weather was quite gloomy and cold. Oh how she whished for the sun to rise and rid of the dreaded snow. It always made her wings freeze until they are mere ice. On the bright side however it can be quite beautiful, especially the icicles on the trees. Oh and the snow on the rooftops were quite a sight as well. 

Grey eyes cast to the side and caught a glimpse of that fimilar blue tinted skin. "Headmaster Varrus if I am not mistaken... That is another generation of the Dife children is it not? Seems Dife had another litter" Tia mumbled with a small smile. She watched the shy girl turn invisible once they connected eyes and looked forward with a slight confused expression. Huh how off. Most children of that family she has met were very confident, but everyone is made different. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Kozakura.Marry.600.1759908.jpg

Altissa Academy. Euphrasie had heard stories of its beauty in the spring, the sereneness of the summer, the harmony of colors of the fall, and the quietness of the winter. Even on the most exciting day of the year, everything appears serene and silent. They probably spent the entire day yesterday preparing so they can appear as collected as possible. She's glad that stories were true, nothing is worse than having higher expectations than the reality. She strolled into the large school, the school she will spend the next years of her life in to become the strongest magic user. This is where it all begins. 

The school was mildly filled, students bursting with the same excitement as Euphrasie. Too bad they don't know I'm going to beat them all. They're all so tall too, making her stand out a bit in the room. She wore a brown coat over her red, winter dress. She had a white, wool hat, gloves, very thick black socks, and her brown boots. Finally, she wore a big, green scarf. I guess this is what happens when your mom finds out that you won't be seeing her much for the next few years, bless her soul. Her excitement was bursting within her, she can't wait to prove all those stuffy nobles and the stupid race that abandoned her wrong, it filled her with determination. However, she ended up expressive a big smile while staring at nothing but her goals. Awkward.

Oh, a girl passes her very quickly. I hope she didn't see that. She passes by so quickly, I doubt she noticed anything. Probably, doesn't want to talk to anyone. 

Ami was looking forward to this. She would soon oficially be a student of Altissa Academy. Ami was not exactly unexperienced, neither did she need to learn. No, Ami was a pretty wise being after those two hundred years. But Ami wanted something else. She wanted to learn about other beings, about how they live and what they are like. Ami was highly interested into others and she was of the opinion, that learning about others would oftenly help to live along in peace.

Ami was pretty quiet. She was standing in a corner, ears laying to her head flat, as her tail hung down movelessly. She was looking at everything that happened, she was observing, hoping people would not notice her and even more hoping people would not know what kind of being she was.

Auberon was both extremely nervous and extremely excited. He wanted to meet new people, but he also didn't want to mess up and make any bad impressions on people on the first day. He looked around in the crowd. There were elemental manipulators showing off to their friends, with one girl nearby waving a ball of fire dangerously close to her other friend's hair. Auberon let out a soft chuckle at that.

It felt like he was the only one alone here, but he kept on looking, trying not to seem awkward. There was a raven-haired girl standing in a less crowded area, looking back at the crowd. She seemed like she was hiding in on herself. When he looked closer, it looked like she had... ears. The sight was familiar, because it reminded himself of... well, himself.

Same, he thought to himself. Was she a Kadrean, too? He decided to take a chance and approach her. Better than standing outside alone, gawking like an idiot, at any rate.

Auberon approached her casually, trying not to seem nervous. In the process, he almost tripped over a potted plant near the edge of the walkway. His face was probably flushed red. Calm down, you idiot! He scolded himself mentally. When he walked up to her, she hadn't seemed to notice him.

"... Hi," he said in a miniscule voice, in a voice unnaturally high for him. He offered an awkward wave to catch her attention. ( @Princess Ami !)

Auberon was both extremely nervous and extremely excited. He wanted to meet new people, but he also didn't want to mess up and make any bad impressions on people on the first day. He looked around in the crowd. There were elemental manipulators showing off to their friends, with one girl nearby waving a ball of fire dangerously close to her other friend's hair. Auberon let out a soft chuckle at that.

It felt like he was the only one alone here, but he kept on looking, trying not to seem awkward. There was a raven-haired girl standing in a less crowded area, looking back at the crowd. She seemed like she was hiding in on herself. When he looked closer, it looked like she had... ears. The sight was familiar, because it reminded himself of... well, himself.

Same, he thought to himself. Was she a Kadrean, too? He decided to take a chance and approach her. Better than standing outside alone, gawking like an idiot, at any rate.

Auberon approached her casually, trying not to seem nervous. In the process, he almost tripped over a potted plant near the edge of the walkway. His face was probably flushed red. Calm down, you idiot! He scolded himself mentally. When he walked up to her, she hadn't seemed to notice him.

"... Hi," he said in a miniscule voice, in a voice unnaturally high for him. He offered an awkward wave to catch her attention. ( @Princess Ami !)

Ami was ripped out of her thoughts by a person approaching. She looked at them, her eyes perking up and her tail standing a little more too now. "Hello.", she muttered shyly. She looked at him and tried herself at a shy smile. "I... uhm.. am Ami.", she said. Ami knew a lot of languages, mostly due to her interest in other races and the time she lived. 

(Can't come up with more, sorry)

So, she was just as awkward as he was? He thought, smiling hesitantly back at the girl. That gave him a little boost of confidence to continue the conversation. After all, she seemed to be just as, if not more nervous than he was at that moment.

"... Well, it's... nice to meet you!" Auberon exclaimed. "You're the first person I talked to so far." He looked around, gesturing vaguely at the crowd. "I mean, everyone else around here seems to have good company already..."

He fiddled with his sleeves anxiously. She didn't seem to know what to respond, or maybe she was just ignoring him. "By any chance, are you a Kadrean, too?" As soon as the words left his mouth he wanted to smack himself in the face.

Now she's probably going to be pissed off at you, you impulsive dumbass, he thought. He braced himself for her response.

@Princess Ami

Luana watched from behind a tree softly observing the different species talk amongst themselves. The only thing she kept an eye on was her Soulings, each sitting on the shoulders of their creature. She could tell who the people are based on the Soulings they possess. The raven one had a blue eyed Souling with blue fire moving down it's black body and a shy body stance. The copper male has a brown eyed Souling with green headphones and an awkward standing. The blonde girl had a pink eyed Souling with a red cape and a head held high. Luana herself didn't have a Souling because they in a way were her siblings. 

She looked at the teachers and tilted her head. Her eyes changed from grey to purple. The headmaster had a grey eyed Souling with a high stance and a cane. The fairy lady had a purple eyed Souling with a bright smile. Luana instantly knew of the personalities each person had, or at least half their personalities. So many people and so many Soulings to look after. It put a lot of pressure on her. Sparks emitted from her hands, but she quickly hid them and took deep breaths to calm herself down. Looking back at her hands the sparks were gone and replaced with smoke.

God dammit the sooner schools over the better. Then she can go back home and continue on her job. That's all she wanted was to go. Not to bother anyone at all. "...Father" She whispered. Oh man what will he think about this? Ah! Keep calm Luana keep calm.

Euphrasie started walking around observing the school around her, there were so many races she didn't know exist. Women with cat ears, I thought those existed in stories. Then she heard something call out, but didn't know what. It was a hushed whisper, but she could trace it back to one person. This person, again. @Antqionette She was staring at people weirdly and sitting upon a tree where she can get a better view, and, most importantly, she was staring at her.

"Okay, what's your deal? I let you go earlier because you probably wanted to be alone, but people are going to think you're suspicious if all you're doing is ... uhm ... doing shifty stuff and looking at people weirdly. You should stop that."

However, she noticed something about her, something she didn't notice as she blitzed by earlier. She looked really pale as if she's been in the cold for a very long time, maybe something was wrong with her and Euphrasie misjudged.

" Uhm ... are you also alright there, you look sick."

Euphrasie started walking around observing the school around her, there were so many races she didn't know exist. Women with cat ears, I thought those existed in stories. Then she heard something call out, but didn't know what. It was a hushed whisper, but she could trace it back to one person. This person, again. @Antqionette She was staring at people weirdly and sitting upon a tree where she can get a better view, and, most importantly, she was staring at her.

"Okay, what's your deal? I let you go earlier because you probably wanted to be alone, but people are going to think you're suspicious if all you're doing is ... uhm ... doing shifty stuff and looking at people weirdly. You should stop that."

However, she noticed something about her, something she didn't notice as she blitzed by earlier. She looked really pale as if she's been in the cold for a very long time, maybe something was wrong with her and Euphrasie misjudged.

" Uhm ... are you also alright there, you look sick."

Luana jumped high as a jolt of electricity shot the snow in front of her. Looking up her eyes changed blue and she hid her face in her scarf more. She didn't say a word. Shakily sitting down the girl calmed herself before drawing in the snow. 'I'm merely observing I'm sorry if I wasn't allowed too. It's nothing I'll stop' She wrote before looking away. The girl only hoped that this other girl walked away now. She wanted to be left alone. Away from others. 

Luana jumped once again when she heard the girl again. Ugh why can't she leave me alone!? Looking confused the guardian looked up. Her kind cannot get sick. What on earth?.... Oh well. "Not......Sick...." She whispered softly looking away with slight teary eyes.

Always scared of interaction. Always scared of not being worthy. She was staring like a weirdo before! Unforgivable! As her siblings would always say. It wasn't fair, why was this girl concerned? She should ignore her and move on. Covering her eyes she didn't want to be seen and out of instinct turned invisible. Trying to walk away she didn't notice the foot prints she left behind. "I don't belong here....." She whispered to herself and thinking the girl was gone, made herself visible.

Well, that went worse than she imagined. She didn't want to make her cry ... She looked around, no one saw that, right? Everyone is going to think I'm a bully, I mean I'm somewhat justified right? She took a deep breath, she didn't come to this school to be part of petty problems like this. She came to prove her worth as a magic user, in fact, this wasn't that bad. All she had to do was apologize and brush it under the rug. No one knew anyone yet and based on what Euphrasie seen so far this girl will probably be a loner.

She followed the footprint the girl left behind. "Wait!" This girl was cowering as if a lion just pounced on her, geez this is going to be harder than I thought. She turned around and didn't want to face her. "Listen, I'm sorry for ganging up on you like that. I really thought you looked suspicious and you kinda did the way you were .. uhm ... Damn it, you had one job Euphrasie. Now she's going to think you're a bumbling idiot that say a simple apology. Stupid, stupid-" She heard that right now didn't she.

She sighed and turned around, this train wreck of an apology isn't going anywhere. She extended her hand for a handshake. "Can we start over? My name is Euphasie Dautin. And yours is?" 

Well dammit she can't escape. Luana shakily turned and put up her scarf. A confused look crossed her face. Why was she still following her!? It was confusing and honestly a little bit scary. She watched with a PokerFace as the girl, quite rambly, tried to apologize. Keyword tried. Luana suppressed a slight giggle and kept a straight face. 

Looking at the now named Euphasie:s hand she just stared. She stared as if she had never seen a hand before. Shakily reaching out and grasping Euphasie's hand timidly she shook it. "Um.....Hi.....I-I'm..I'm....Luana..... L-Luana Dife" She mumbled before quickly taking away her hand. Oh that felt really weird. Luana had no idea if it was a good weird or a bad weird. It was just plain weird. Having to introduce herself to another being and being confronted by one. Quite strange. 

Putting her hands behind her back and slightly rocking Luana had no idea what to say. Interaction was not her thing at all. What do I say? "...." Keeping silent as she thought a thing finally crossed her mind. Lifting her hands she signed 'Do you know sign' Instantly feeling more comfortable. Sign was always a good way for her to keep calm.

Frost

Captain Frost Schneider stood at parade rest next to Headmaster Varrus, the very same man he had called Headmaster when he attended this academy, and attempted to hold in a sigh behind his mask. He was staring out at the new attendees and what he saw so far...well, he knew he was going to have to change what he usually did the first day of class. None of them so far carried themselves with a sense of confidence-bravado or otherwise. 

Eyes narrowing, the professor realized that he may have to hold a demonstration when classes started. Perhaps, have each one to show what magics they knew...though any pyrokinetics or mancers would need to tone it down a bit. He'd rather not relive the experience of his classroom catching fire. He'd figure something out, though he was leaning more towards a demonstration with every passing second.

278549.jpg

Feather

I hope they don't find out that I'm a Maetzu, A sandy-haired teenager sitting alone thought to herself, observing the people around her. The headmaster checking his watch. Two people who appeared to be socially awkward striking up a conversation. One girl being followed by another, by the looks of it trying to be friends. A professor next to the headmaster, his eyes slightly narrowed. Well, here I am. School. Guess that explains the sweaty palms, huh... The Maetzu looked down at her trembling hands; they were in fact sweaty. This was her first time in a new school, and Feather was quite tense. The inner bear was raising a red alert. 

So was she. Feather thought she felt her stomach drop; a part of her thought she was going to hurl up the dried mangoes she'd had today. Another part wanted to run around screaming like an idiot. Instead, the teenager sat there staring, her eyes the size of two large basketballs, as she desperately internally begged for the assembly to begin...

Then somebody walked up to her and said hi. As though she was a normal person. As though she wasn't about to murder them. No fear, no sarcasm, just a casual hi. Feather's eyes went even wider; she stared at this person for a moment, as though they were some deity. Then she waved, smiling awkwardly. 

"Hi....?"

< OPEN FOR INTERACTION >

Euclid had sat alone, twiddling his thumbs as he waits for the assembly to start. He wore an expression filled with boredom and eyes of oxblood red. His black hair was messy and unkempt, and his skin was light shade of grey. The attire we wore consisted of a yellow scarf that almost covers his mouth and a white sweater to protect himself from the very frigid temperature. He glanced around to try and rid himself of boredom, observing what the other students are doing whilst they wait for it to start. Some were conversing, some trying to make friends, some were sitting down and waited patiently like him. Waiting was quite boring, so he decided to interact with another student here. There weren't many options anyway.

He glanced around to see if there was anybody that was free at the moment, to which he spotted a girl, a rather cute one at that, and decided that it'd be her he would interact with. Euclid stood up and made his way towards her, then once there he spoke, "Hi," to her. And for a moment, it was a bit awkward as she stared at him with wide eyes. She then waved and smiled awkwardly, then had finally responded with a hi. To which he then thought a bit about what he should say before replying, "Is this seat taken?" he says and gestures to the one next to her.

So, she was just as awkward as he was? He thought, smiling hesitantly back at the girl. That gave him a little boost of confidence to continue the conversation. After all, she seemed to be just as, if not more nervous than he was at that moment.

"... Well, it's... nice to meet you!" Auberon exclaimed. "You're the first person I talked to so far." He looked around, gesturing vaguely at the crowd. "I mean, everyone else around here seems to have good company already..."

He fiddled with his sleeves anxiously. She didn't seem to know what to respond, or maybe she was just ignoring him. "By any chance, are you a Kadrean, too?" As soon as the words left his mouth he wanted to smack himself in the face.

Now she's probably going to be pissed off at you, you impulsive dumbass, he thought. He braced himself for her response.

@Princess Ami

Ami tilted her head. What a nervous little thing. Was she that intimidating? Ami always thought of herself as quite cute. Could it be that she was wrong all that time? The boy after all appeared like he was talking to a monster or something similar. 

He managed to get out a couple of sentences. He was right, a lot of people seemed to know each other or have somebody to speak to already. Ami however had been alone, hiding away from the mass. The boy asked a question too, if Ami was a "Kadrean". Ami did not exactly know what that was. 

"Uhm, I assume that is your race? No, I'm sorry. I am Ami, I am... Uhm... I'm..." she did not exactly want to tell what she was. But she did so whatsoever. "I am a breadling." The moment she said that, images came to her mind. Images of the past. Dead bodies. Blood. Fire, black and blue. Ami shivered, tears coming to her eyes.

278549.jpg

Feather

If Feather already didn't look flustered enough, she was completely blown away when the person who had addressed her asked if her seat was taken. Was today some sort of lucky day?, she asked herself. Last time she checked, nobody usually asked that sort of thing; however, she nodded slowly, observing the boy. He appeared to be in his early twenties, with blood-red eyes, grey skin, and black hair, but he seemed pretty friendly. Feather pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, trying to come up with some good conversation starters. It was clear that the girl had never actually done much socializing in her lifetime, but that she really was trying. Finally, in a quiet squeak, she took the lame-o conversation starter route. 

"........So....um.....how are you doing today?" the girl mumbled, rubbing her arm. She felt a bit awkward starting with this sort of thing, but at least it was something. Plus it kept her bear side from setting loose and unleashing havoc across the campus. She remembered the last time she had lost control; it was not pretty and Feather had been quarantined from the other quarantined kids, meaning she had to stay in her room for a whole three days so that she could completely calm down. She had gotten better now, with a bit more control, and the Chibi Bear forms made good alternatives. But even then randomly transforming into those forms was embarrassing...

...Breadling? Auberon thought to himself. What on earth is a breadling? In all the books he had ever read, ever, nothing had ever mentioned breadlings. However, he tore himself away from his thoughts and instead looked back at the girl, who seemed visibly distressed. He could practically smell the panic on her.  earth

"I'm not... personally aware of the breadling race," Auberon was cautious in his words. "But you seem like a pretty cool person." Perhaps she felt left out? Maybe she didn't know any others of her kind that had come to the school? Auberon hesitated. Ami seemed like a nice girl, albeit quite shy.

"I'm Auberon, by the way," he said, but before she could respond to that, he continued on.

"Look, we match, kind of," Auberon smiled self-consciously, morphing dog ears on his head and a tail to go with it. He swished it around animatedly, awaiting her reaction. "Although my ears have nothing on yours."

@Princess Ami

The small white scarf covered Luana's face as she softly walked into the big school. Many of her siblings had come here before her all who successfully graduated. It made her think: Would she be as good? A nervous bubble erupted in the girls stomach as she continued to avoid anyone wanting to say hi. It wasn't worth making friends here if you'd all just leave in a few years time anyways. It was pointless. Everything here was pointless. Her eldest and stronger brother of the litter was supposed to be here not her. Not the weak runt. Why did her father chose her? It didn't make any sense. The runts are to never learn and usually die within a week of being born. So why did her father let her live? All these questions in the guardians mind and no answer. 

Tia stood besides the headmaster Varrus with a soft smile. Oh how exciting this is indeed! To meet new students and make new friends along the way. It was always nice to see fresh faces in her classroom. Sadly for her the weather was quite gloomy and cold. Oh how she whished for the sun to rise and rid of the dreaded snow. It always made her wings freeze until they are mere ice. On the bright side however it can be quite beautiful, especially the icicles on the trees. Oh and the snow on the rooftops were quite a sight as well. 

Grey eyes cast to the side and caught a glimpse of that fimilar blue tinted skin. "Headmaster Varrus if I am not mistaken... That is another generation of the Dife children is it not? Seems Dife had another litter" Tia mumbled with a small smile. She watched the shy girl turn invisible once they connected eyes and looked forward with a slight confused expression. Huh how off. Most children of that family she has met were very confident, but everyone is made different. 

Headmaster Varrus

Varrus looked to Tia when he spoke to her and finally back out to the Dife girl. He nodded slowly at her question, "It seems so. There's no mistaking the skin tone." He replied. He had taught several of the generations that attended the academy in his many years, though this would be the first year that he'd been Headmaster with one. That said he looked out at everyone else, watching how they interacted and got along with one another. Luckily so far it seemed no fights had broken out, though more than the fair share of students were acting entirely awkward around one another. It was to be expected he supposed, though it was quite confusing with the Dife child he didn't comment on it. He had seen much stranger things in his life time and wasn't about to start listing them all off and comparing them now.

He checked his watch again, 8:40. Slowly but surely the time for the small ceremony to begin was approaching. He also noted Frost, seemingly contemplating what to put the students through once class started. He was sure whatever it was it'd be interesting to say the least, if the year his classroom caught fire was any indication that was.

---

Briya Tilah

Briya arrived a bit later than the other students, or did she? It would appear to everyone else she did, however she'd simply been roaming the school-grounds. The girl wore a heavy cloak over her tunic underneath, a somewhat large bag containing her clothing and armor over her shoulder. Her bow was slung onto her back over the opposite shoulder for easy access, just in-case she had to drop the bag and draw the bow in an emergency; something she'd had to do many times before. She also wouldn't put it past some of these people to try attacking her or stealing the bow if they'd known about it. That said she didn't give off an aggressive aura or anything of the sort whatsoever, in-fact the girl wore a cheerful smile on her face.

She looked around curiously, wondering what all the different races were. She'd seen a few before..some were obviously human and thus not entirely interesting, though she didn't know the majority. She guessed people of all sorts really did come to this school after all. Not entirely paying attention she walked right into Auberon, managing to get tossed off balance and thus land right on her rear in front of him and Ami. "Ugh...sorry. I should really watch where I'm walking more." She told them. Then looked at the both of them, "Oooooh! Animal people!" She cheered enthusiastically, pretty much tossing what had happened out of the window in favor of fawning over them. "Soo cool!" She said. "I've seen a few of you guys before but it really is awesome." She said, reaching up to try and touch Auberon's ears; which was a task given the height difference.

Auberon was a bit startled at the girl who had seemingly randomly appeared, knocking into him. He turned around quickly. "Sorry, was I in your way?" He looked apologetically at the blonde-haired girl, who had gotten back up onto her feet. She didn't seem to hear him and instead began talking about... animal people?

She reached up to try touching his ears, and that was when Auberon realized how small of a girl she was. The girl couldn't reach the top of his head. Auberon sighed, before bending over somewhat to a level she could access easily. He wasn't really surprised at how forward she was; a lot of people wanted to touch him after he morphed. Especially when he was in dog or cat form. As he bent, he noted how long and pointed her ears were. She must be an elf, then, he thought quietly to himself. She even has a bow with her.

She said something that Auberon vaguely interpreted as a compliment as she touched his ears, and he murmured a quiet, "Thanks," in response to her. He tried to stay still, because the sheer amount of energy that the girl gave off made him feel tired.

@Mitchs98

Aiden 

Aiden Dempsey cursed himself repeatedly. It was one thing to try and push three metal crates uphill, even when having the bottom crate on wheels. It was much more when you had to push them uphill through two feet of snow. Damn him for attending in the winter! It of course could have been worse, but that fact was of little help to him as he dug his boots in and pushed once again, gaining a few more inches ahead. 

Taking a a small breather, he looked up to realize that he was nearing the top and, subsequently, the academy as well. He wasted enough time as it was and would rather not be late. Cobalt eyes closing in determination, Aiden put his back to the cases and dug his heels into the snow, lifting and pushing his way through the final stretch. Then finally, there wasn't any weight pushing down on him and his boots made contact with even ground. Mentally cheering, the swordsman stood to his full height and took in the frontal view of the academy itself, panting slightly. It was massive, and this wasn't even the full grounds, only the main courtyard. Definitely impressive. 

Then his eyes roamed the faces of his fellow students, and attempted to stand a little straighter and regulate his breathing. He remembered the voice of his father: Never show weakness, even when you are at your worst. In fact, it should be when you are at your worst that you act as if you were at your best.

Kuhl

As the girl entered the area she had already noticed the groups of individuals huddled together. They could've been tight-knit groups from before, or maybe just people trying to get a feel for the school they'll be attending. Either way, it didn't really matter. Kuhl had quite a bit of gear, and although she wasn't tired, she figured she might draw suspicion by simply standing there awkwardly. She stood on her toes, scanning past the crowds of students to find a seat. 'Why must I be vertically challenged...?' The zombie complained to herself, as she couldn't see over the tall members of the clusters. 

She had no other way but checking for herself at this point, and began to make her way around the groups in search of a seat. Luckily for her, there had been space near a group of individuals with animal-like features, similar to herself. The seats weren't directly next to them, but at the start of a new row. Kuhl figured she'd place something of low importance on that seat, and attempt to join in on their conversation if it was any good. As she made her way to the seat, she had overheard a voice mention "Animal People" , and they seemed rather excited by the discovery. With no doubt that she'd fit in at this point, Kuhl placed a small bag on her seat, stood up, and made herself known to the small cluster. 

"Might there be room for one more?" Kuhl chimed in, hoping for the response she had expected. She had her spear and hammer strung over her back diagonally, forming an X at the center. The hammer was a bit oversized, but Kuhl didn't seem to notice in the slightest at the moment.

Rukt.png

@buoyancy

@Mitchs98

@Princess Ami

She actually shook her hand, Euphrasie couldn't believe that it all worked out. I mean ... Of course, it did. She didn't smile or anything, but at least she stopped crying. The school year hasn't started yet and her heart was already racing, this was far different than studying with a private tutor. Luana Dife. It's a bit peculiar but it sort of fits her, Euphrasie actually likes the sound of the name. This is actually awkward. She didn't want to abandon her but even Luana knew that this conversation is going nowhere. What is she doing? Luana started moving hands in weird shapes and Euphrasie didn't understand a single thing. She didn't want to offend her again, and ... well ... she didn't know what to talk about. Better to honest than say something stupid.

" Uhm ... sorry ... I don't understand what you're doing with your hands. I don't really understand a lot of things in general, and usually that leads me to say stupid stuff like I said before." She laughed at herself as filler. " Anyway what I'm trying to say is, I want to get to know you better."

Then she used her big smile of hers, "Who knows, maybe you want to know a bit more about myself." 

Tia nodded back to the headmaster and looked at the girl conversing, quite awkwardly with another, such a cute sight to see. Almost all the children here were awkward wallflowers, but it was to be expected on the first day. Everything was going smoothly so far. It seemed Frost was at it again when thinking up the classroom ways. That made her think, hm. Maybe first she could test each child on how mentally and physically stable they are. Those with less to no stability she will work with the most, but not make it that obvious. Those with high stability she will continue to test. To see how far their powers go. She guessed she'll also teach them how to heal themselves wither it be mental or physical.

Luana clenched her fists to her scarf again with a small frown. Ah well that was a bust. Confused once again she watched as Euphasie started to talk about getting to know her. Well that wasn't a good idea at all. Nope. But....she can't speak. Oh this is very awkward. Shifting she pulled out a notepad and pen from her bag and started hastily writing. Once she was done she lifted her notepad to Euphasie. Her writing was quite neat and had a blue glow to it.

'It's called sign language it is used by many different creatures as a way of communication. It's due to the creature being born either without the talking or the hearing ability. I use it simply because I feel more comfortable that way. As for getting to know me. I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that. I am interested in getting to know you, but I am not worth your time. Trust me The Guardian blushed lightly and looked away before keeping her book close to her. It was true though. She was not worth the time. Luana Dife didn't deserve this. Any of this. It was all so strange and new to her. Luana wanted to turn invisible and run away, but her body stayed and it confused the girl.

"Alright. I guess we're doing this the hard way. I don't understand why you're so inclined to be alone and I honestly I don't care, I'm here for reasons that supersede awkward conversations like this. Yet, you interest me and ... I don't know ... you don't seem like a person that I should avoid. " She smiled again, "As you can tell, I'm the sort of person who dives head first into something and I don't regret doing so. It's better than sitting around and doing nothing. Anyway, I'll respect your wishes, for now anyway. Goodbye" She turned around and walked away, where she was going she didn't know but she was too proud to appear indecisive. She began questioning if it was worth it talking to that girl, she doubts things would have been worse if she didn't. In fact, Luana probably thinks she's annoying trying to act all cool and collected. She's not any better either, who just sits in a tree and just stares at people. What a weirdo ... ok, she's not that bad. That whole sign language whatever thing was sort of cute.

Users who are viewing this thread