Altissa IC

Luana flinched at the girls words, but smiled when she said she'll leave her alone now. Nodding Luana waved, for what reason she didn't know. Looking down she sat behind the tree and pulled out her vile of magic water. Taking a sip her mind was transported to her father. "My daughter....how are you?" She signed 'Alright...A girl talk-' before she could continue a painful throb hit her head and she was cut off from her father. Great. Putting the vile back in her bag she sighed and shook her head. 

Pulling out a book Luana started to read. She didn't notice anyone at all. Or well, she tried too. Ah alone again. Sweet, sweet tranquility. Though talking to someone.....it felt....oddly nice. No! No Luana. Keep your head on. No one will like to get to know you and you are the same. Must focus. The only reason she wanted to be here was because she wanted to stabilize herself right? Right. So if anyone comes over just turn invisible. Sure it used up her energy a lot, but it was the only option in her mind.

"Big brother...what would you do? Would you care if I'm here? Where are you now? Please...father..contact me. I can't do it. Big brother? Someone?" She asked herself looking up. Covering half her face with the back of her hands. She closed her eyes and tried to focus. It was immediately lost. 

75abdc557faeb68c8fa058aa4e3bb279.jpg.14940ce7d33c991aa4cd2ee951182e4b.jpg

The dark elf sat down next to her after she nodded. Once he does that, he has no idea on what to start a conversation with. He isn't really used to this socializing thing, as he's always been a bit of a loner. Euclid stared at whatever was in front of him and continued to think of what he should start with. An introduction maybe? The weather? Absolutely not. Ask them how they're doing? Probably not. And as continues his thinking, he heard the girl say something. To which he turned to look and she asked how he was doing, though very quietly. 

"Oh, uh... I'm doing alright today. How about you?" Euclid replied. 

@FemTheHufflepuffRabbit

A small pillar of steam followed another late arrival, her normally smiling face marred by a thunderous pout. Tanis has not expected for it to snow on her first day on campus, evident by her...rather sparing wardrobe. Her reptilian tail blazed behind her, flames flickering and hissing at the falling snow. "Stupid weather." She grunted to no one in particular, hugging herself for warmth. "Shoulda warned everyone, but noooo, let's keep it a surprise!" After a moment, she sighed.

"I really need to stop talking to myself."

image.jpg

Feather

Feather took a bit of time to think of how to describe how she was feeling. Nervous? Worried? Confused? Happy? All of the above? Finally, after some thought, the girl managed to pull her response out of a hat. Figuratively. "A...A bit...nervous, to be honest," she said quietly. "I've never attended public school before, so this is all so new to me...." Feather bit her lip, staring back at the stage, where the teachers were before looking back at the boy.  "Er....came from a small town. Didn't have enough money to build a school." she lied through her teeth. She didn't want to tell him that the real reason was because she wasn't legally allowed to in her town. 

Constance never felt as excited than the first day of school, sometimes she may inappropriately describe as the first day of hunting season. Animals full of spirit and life, naive to the cruel fate that the hunter has awaited for them. Of course she wasn't going to kill them, but from her she can scope out those that are going to need a kick in the behind and who needed to told who was in charge. God, everyone is so melodramatic. People are acting like this is a normal school, Constance would have done anything to go this school when she was younger.

She wore her fancy armor, the type she wore during her entrance in the Arena. She wore a veil the type nun could have wore, golden shoulder pads, and a longer cape. It did nothing to shield the cold, but it looked so cool. Right. Whatever, soon these students will witness true hello, the type she had to experience all on her own when she entered the big city.

"So many latercommers, I hope they'll make it in time for the ceremony. The thing I spent my entire goddamn day for."

Emily 

It wasn't the first time Emily set foot on this school, although it was the first time she arrived as a student, ready to live the next few years of her life attending classes that would hopefully help her master her magic abilities. She inspected the crowd of students that was present, beings of all races imaginable, although most were human, could be seen either interacting with each other, or just standing still waiting for the headmaster to start this welcoming speech or whatever. Right now she was getting quite impatient and bored, which was understandable given she had been waiting for over 20 minutes for the announcements to start.

Emily stood at the back of the crowd, away from of the center of the commotion. She decided she wasn't going to wait idly by without doing anything, but she didn't really feel like engaging in a conversation with the other students, so she did the next best thing. She got a little farther away from the crowd so that the noise wouldn't disturbe her and she leaned against a stone pillar, then she pulled out the transversal flute which was strapped to her belt and began playing. She didn't play any specific song, she just improvised. In but a moment she felt completely immersed in what she was doing. Oh, how she loved playing her flute, creating all those beautiful melodies. She was quite proficient at this, actually. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Auberon was a bit startled at the girl who had seemingly randomly appeared, knocking into him. He turned around quickly. "Sorry, was I in your way?" He looked apologetically at the blonde-haired girl, who had gotten back up onto her feet. She didn't seem to hear him and instead began talking about... animal people?

She reached up to try touching his ears, and that was when Auberon realized how small of a girl she was. The girl couldn't reach the top of his head. Auberon sighed, before bending over somewhat to a level she could access easily. He wasn't really surprised at how forward she was; a lot of people wanted to touch him after he morphed. Especially when he was in dog or cat form. As he bent, he noted how long and pointed her ears were. She must be an elf, then, he thought quietly to himself. She even has a bow with her.

She said something that Auberon vaguely interpreted as a compliment as she touched his ears, and he murmured a quiet, "Thanks," in response to her. He tried to stay still, because the sheer amount of energy that the girl gave off made him feel tired.

@Mitchs98

Kuhl

As the girl entered the area she had already noticed the groups of individuals huddled together. They could've been tight-knit groups from before, or maybe just people trying to get a feel for the school they'll be attending. Either way, it didn't really matter. Kuhl had quite a bit of gear, and although she wasn't tired, she figured she might draw suspicion by simply standing there awkwardly. She stood on her toes, scanning past the crowds of students to find a seat. 'Why must I be vertically challenged...?' The zombie complained to herself, as she couldn't see over the tall members of the clusters. 

She had no other way but checking for herself at this point, and began to make her way around the groups in search of a seat. Luckily for her, there had been space near a group of individuals with animal-like features, similar to herself. The seats weren't directly next to them, but at the start of a new row. Kuhl figured she'd place something of low importance on that seat, and attempt to join in on their conversation if it was any good. As she made her way to the seat, she had overheard a voice mention "Animal People" , and they seemed rather excited by the discovery. With no doubt that she'd fit in at this point, Kuhl placed a small bag on her seat, stood up, and made herself known to the small cluster. 

"Might there be room for one more?" Kuhl chimed in, hoping for the response she had expected. She had her spear and hammer strung over her back diagonally, forming an X at the center. The hammer was a bit oversized, but Kuhl didn't seem to notice in the slightest at the moment.

Reveal hidden contents

View attachment 229696

@NexusXV(Mentioned)@Princess Ami

Briya Tilah

Briya hadn't actually paid attention to his apology whatsoever. She was much more curious about both him and Ami; she'd be touching her ears after his for sure. When Auberon leaned over so she could touch his ears her expression only brightened further. "Oooh...they're so soft.." She said, her own ears twitching a bit. She might not be an animal hybrid like this but her ears were still pretty sensitive. "You're welcome!" She told him cheerfully in response to his thanks. Next of course was Ami, she didn't really bother asking much like she'd done with Auberon, reaching up and gently gripping one of her ears to feel the soft fur in her hand. She studied both of them curiously, "Dog..and fox?" She asked, pointing to Auberon and Ami respectively.

"I didn't expect to see so many different races here! There's even a Salamander.." She said, staring at Tanis briefly. Kuhl soon entered the small group, Briya looking to the girl and nodding. "Sure thing!" She told her. "I'm Briya, no clue who these guys are...kinda just walked up and said hi to 'em." She said, shrugging a bit and continuing to smile.

Auberon smiled brightly at Briya after she pulled her hand away. In general, he liked being touched, and Briya was rather gentle in her actions. Other people in the past, however, haven't been so nice.

"Actually," he added, "I'm not just a hybrid, I can morph into anything I would like."

Another girl approached them, and the first thing Auberon noticed was a huge hammer on her back. He took a step back, although he didn't make any moves to leave. The girl, whose name seemed to be Briya, introduced herself first to the other girl. Auberon realized he hadn't even told her his name, so as soon as she was finished he piped up.

"...I'm Auberon," he said, offering a meek smile at the girl with the hammer. "It's nice to meet you."

@Mitchs98 

@Crimrose

BlakeHarrison angered the school grounds with a smile on his face. He was excited to be coming to this incredible school. He looked around for a moment, not sure where to go and finally decided on heading to the main building. He walked along the walkway, gazing around him at the life inside this school, as well as the power. There was probably enough magical power in this courtyard alone to do some massive damage. He chuckled to himself and headed iside the main building. There were students everywhere as well as hallways and stairs leading every which way. He groaned inwardly and wore a look of absolute helplessness on his face as he tried to choose a direction to take in this labyrinth that was his new school.

@anyone

Kozakura.Marry.600.1759908.jpg

Boy, today is a doozy. Euphrasie kept thinking about Luana even after she left her field of vision. She seemed so nice, even after I attac- I mean corrected her harshly. I wish I made more of an effort to talk to her ... or at least meet in better circumstances. She went inside the building, surely the head of the school wouldn't mind a student trying to keep herself warm. There were students inside but not as many outside, she wouldn't blame them. Being lost outside is a lot easier than being lost inside, there's nothing more frightening than being inside a building you don't know and get hopelessly lost. It's like being trapped in an endless cage, you can see the window and freedom is within your reach, but you trapped not only within the building but the vision you see. Wow, Euphrasie was surprised of herself, if this whole magic thing doesn't work out I can write a novel. Eww, let us abandoned than thought.  She took a turn and saw the face of a man who embodied such emotions, his eyes were glittery like stars. He looks so beautiful like a statue, aesthetic-max,  I should introduce myself. Euphrasie was pumped, time to start the rest of her life or what not.

" Hey, you look a bit down in the sea of hopelessness, but fear not, I am here! I mean, I hardly know this building myself, but it looks less daunting that I too am also here." Euphrasie would have thrown glitter and other shiny stuff in the air for her grand entrance, but she left it in her bags.

@Talon

Blake glanced to the right to see a girl coming towards him. He grinned at her comments and replied, "Why thank you my saviour, that is pretty much just as lost as me!" He laughed and held out his hand. "The names Blake Harrison, and you are?" He liked this girl already and she was not so bad looking either. "I'm just trying to find someone who might know where the dorms are so I can drop my stuff, though I don't exactly know where my dorm is..." He shrugged, "Ah well, I'm sure we'll be assigned dorms or something, though it would be kinda cool if we could pick our own."

@Shelter

He was about to speak after she told him how she was doing, though didn't as she began to speak again. He stared as he listened, examining her features as she talked. She seemed to be in her teens, her hair was the same color as the sand, her eyes were purple and her face was very cute, and the glasses add a bit more to it. Once she stopped speaking, Euclid said, "You came to learn here since your small town can't make a school huh? Well, I came here because I wanted to learn magic. There's not much else other than that reason." Then he looked away and over to the stage and wondered if they were actually going to start or not, after which he looked at her again. "We haven't properly introduced ourselves yet right? Guess I should start that then. My name is uh... Euclid, Euclid Black. What's yours?" he said as he extended his hand to let her shake it.

@FemTheHufflepuffRabbit

Feather

So this guy was here to learn about magic. Feather looked curiously at him once again. Her own reasoning for joining was the opposite; so that she could learn to control the bear powers. Irony. She blinked at the introduction. Euclid, huh? She accepted the handshake, still maintaining her usual shy expression. 

"An—" she began, only to pause. Oh yeah. She couldn't go by that name anymore. She kept forgetting that her new name was...

"It's....Feather. Just Feather. Nice to meet you, Euclid." The Maetzu internally breathed a sigh of relief. Had she revealed her birth name, the town would hear and then they would throw a fit. She wasn't going to deal with that. 

After looking lost Luana got up and decided to look around her school. It was very beautiful she'll admit. Wondering why she was wearing a scarf she took it off her face. No point really. She was a being that wasn't easily affected by seasons. It seemed everyone was talking to each other and having a lovely time. With her in the shadows as she continued reading her book. What else was there to do when you have no friends? Deciding to sit in the snow, when she did half her body sunk in it. That's what she gets for being so damn short. Part of being a runt.

Varrus Shoal

Varrus looked at his watch once more as more and more students showed up and time passed by. It as actually a minute past nine but it was nothing to fuss over. He soon rose from his seat and stepped forward, tapping the microphone to get everyone's attention. He cleared his throat and looked out across at the students with a passive expression, most people that were talking quieted down and returned to their seats or simply stood and turned to the podium. "First and foremost I want to say; Welcome to Altissa Academy. It is a pleasure to see so many new and young students attending the academy this year, in-fact I believe we have a record number of students in the years I've been Headmaster here." He began. "I'd like to keep this short and simple so you all have time to get yourselves acquainted with the schoolgrounds and get settled into your dormitories. I know several of you traveled from different kingdoms and possibly even nearby continents so you must be tired." He continued.

"Altissa academy has stood for many centuries, it may of changed over the years but it's function and principal remains the same. A safe haven for races of all kinds to come and learn about magic and hone their craft. In the cases of few learn to control more dangerous abilities. We run things differently here than most schools, we believe actually getting out and applying what you learn in class is a important part of learning. Each day after class you will be teamed up and sent on a mandatory mission to use the skills you've learned. It may be something simple as getting a potion ingredient or something as dangerous as tracking down a band of thieves." He explained. "Failure to complete the mission will result in bad marks on your overrall grade at the school year. Please do know, if you don't watch yourselves you can be seriously injured or even killed. If you work together that shouldn't be an issue, you will all also be given a special bracelet you can use in case of an emergency that will immediately transport you back here. Student lives matter more than the grade, do note however unless something was completely out of your hands you will receive a bad grade on the mission." He continued.

"As for your sleeping arrangements you will each be having a roommate, details of such will be handed out at the front desk to each of you along with a booklet that contains the map of the school layout and a pamphlet containing the rules I expect you all to follow. Any questions or concerns, please direct them to myself or the teachers you see standing beside myself and we'll answer them to the best of our ability. The kitchens will also now be serving breakfast, as soon as you've put your things away in your dorms you are all more than welcome to head to the dining hall for a meal. In closing I'd like to say this; Welcome to Altissa Academy once more, and I wish you all luck in your studies." The man finally finished speaking stepped back and bowed with a hand across his chest an arm spread out to the side. Afterwards he looked to each of the teachers, offered a slight smile and a nod, and walked off into the school building. He assumed most of the students as well as the teachers would be coming inside and out of the weather, it wasn't bothering him though he had noticed a few shivering despite winter clothing.

Tanis, one of the few unlucky students not wearing any kind of winter wear (Read: A crop top, thin flannel, and jean shorts) let out a small sigh of relief when headmaster officially allowed them into the school. The salamander 'walked' into the building as soon as possible, her pout melting into a smile upon escaping the weather. "Much better..." She said, the flames on her tail roaring back to life, as if further cementing the salamander's relief.

Emily

The tapping on the microphone made a high pitched screeching noise that lasted just a fraction of a second. However, it was enough to cause Emily to lose all of her focus and throw her off of the melodies she was producing. She obviously didn't enjoy that, but at least it got her attention. Once again, she approached the crowd that had now grown quiet to hear the headmaster give his speech. She liked it when he said he would keep it short and simple, she didn't really like long, redundant talks that could be reduced to just a few ideas. She listened with attention as the gray-haired man gave a brief summary on how the school operated and on how their grades were going to work. "Simple tests of performance and skill, rather than written tests? I like this academy already!" She thought to herself with enthusiasm. Pragmatic as she was, she believed that written tests, however important they may be, didn't reflect a person's ability of doing something. For her, actions carry a bigger meaning than words.

After Headmaster Varrus finished his speech, she made her way into the building. Not so much as to get out of the cold, that really didn't bother her much, but more so to get the information about where she would be staying and with whom. The hallways were a little confusing, but she tried her best to remember where the front desk was. She had been here a few years ago with a friend because he had some business with one of the teachers, although she didn't know which one. Her memory didn't let her down, she quickly found the front desk without getting lost... too much. There, she spoke with the attendant who then gave her the leaflet that contained the information she was eager to know. "Room 303; Occupants: Emily Salthime and Maria." The auburn haired girl perused. She kept it around because it also had a map of the school which would for sure come in useful for at least the next few days.

Eager to set her bags down, Emily headed over to the dormitories. Many of the students were already there, or at least on their way. It didn't take long for her to get to her room on the third floor, where she used the key provided by the attendant to open the opaque blue door. She headed inside and quickly dropped her bag on top of the bed which was farthest from the door, basically marking it as her own. It didn't seem like her roommate Amy had arrived yet, so Emily look around the room for a bit, inspecting the bathroom as well as the connected kitchenette, before liying down on the bed for a minute, imagining how her roommate might be. "As long as she isn't too noisy, I think we'll get along just fine." 

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)][SIZE= 20px]NERYS DURWARD [/COLOR][/SIZE]

The air was crisp, freshened by the cold weather that engulfed the whole of Altissa. It clung to Nerys' skin as she stepped through the front gates and stood to admire the scenery that was her new home. The snow blanketed the ground except for the lined brick pathways that had been dug out. It was apparent they had been cleared several times that day from the thin slush of half melted ice that had been stomped on by many pairs of boots. Her own added to the mix as she headed down the pathway, her thick black cloak swaying gently around her knees as she went. The riding gear beneath it was thin but plenty warm enough for the soft winter. This was nothing compared to the storms they got in Takai, after all. She pulled at her hat as she neared the end of the path, eyes fixing with delight on the bubbling fountain that still sprang lively despite the ice threatening at it's edges. She leaned down an pulled a chuck of it from the water, letting it melt in her hand for several long minutes as she waited.

Before long the almost silent footsteps of her 'sister' met her ears as another pair of smaller riding boots appeared in her line of vision. Nerys stared at the half melted ice in her palm then she stretched her hand out and let it fall lazily back into the water. It bobbed several times, disappearing and reappearing on the surface of the fountain before it settled. Nerys took this time to look over at Aiday. The short girl had been taking care of their horses, paying the stableman for their stay and arranging for their things to be sent to their rooms. It had taken longer then Nerys had wished, had she been in a bad mood she might have scolded Aiday. She was in a rather fair mood though. They had a hard journey but they finally made it to Altissa Academy. It was just the next step in her plan to become the Summoner her bloodline called for.

"Shall we?" She inquire gentle, brown eyes gliding over her companions silver ones. There was a brief moment where Aiday looked as though she were going to say something. However, that moment came and went without a sound. Instead the white haired girl nodded her head and shifted slightly beneath her own cloak.

"Come along then."

Without another look at Aiday to make sure she was following, Nerys set off toward the large open doors of the academy. She quickly mounted the stairs with bouncing steps. When she entered her eye glistened happily, playing in the light of the entrance hall as she took in the circus of students. They came in a large variety of shapes and sizes, though this wasn't an uncommon thing for magical academies. All walks of life held their own magic, whether it be beast or human. Either way, Nerys planned to overpower them all. Once she unlocked her potential and found the art that was stolen from her. She gave a small smile before heading through in the direction that she assumed was correct. Students hurried about, bumping into her and others as they tangled themselves into a courtyard outside. It wasn't long before she had found herself a chair, very generously given up by a small toad looking lad with blue hair.

Before her, standing on the stage were the people that would give her what she wanted. Power. Her head turned at the satisfaction this feeling held, eyes searching for the white haired shadow that she knew would be near her. When she found Aiday she gave the girl a fantastic grin.

"You see?" She whispered into her ear, "I will get what I want despite what those Priestesses say." With that there was a noise from the stage and the crowd calmed. The Headmaster was ready to speak.

(I'll post for Aiday once other people get a chance to go, im obviously a little behind. but I'll catch up in my next post)

Luana looked up once the headmaster spoke and just stared whilst digging herself further in the snow. The loud booming voice of the microphone entered her ears as she continued to stare intently. This was all heard before. All her siblings that had once been to that school always bragged about everything. It was very annoying. 

Once his speech about the school and all the information about it was done she immediately went to the headmaster. Following him she grabbed his arm, but immediately let go "Uhm.....Sir? I..I...My father...he..he wishes to speak to you..." Luana whispered softly with a small blush. She was very scared since the man was way taller then her. Plus again, interaction was not her thing. Looking down Luana shifted her feet and literally felt like her heart was about to beat out of her chest. 

Tia looked over at Frost and grinned "What are your plans for class?" She asked crossing her arms and trying to keep herself warm. Her and Frost never really talked all that much despite teaching not far from each other. She guessed it was due to how different they were. 

"Nice to meet you too, Feather," he spoke right before the sound of the tapping microphone came to grab everyone's attention. Euclid turned to look, and listened very carefully to all the information the headmaster was giving, he began to tell of how the grades work. Through completing missions with others, it seems. And they also appear to be quite dangerous, as he says one might get fatally injured or possibly even die if not careful. But doing things with others are something that Euclid will be a bit uncomfortable with as he's always preferred solo work. Then he tells us that all of us are going to have a room mate each to live with and other things will be included in a pamphlet. Euclid only hopes they won't be disrespectful of his private space and aren't noisy.

Once it was finished, he was just about to head into the building to collect those pamphlets but then he remembered Feather and thought that it would be rude to just up and leave her here. So, he thought he should have her tag along with him inside and get those leaflets together. They might be room mates, though the chances for that are very slim as there are a lot of students here. But he hoped a bit that it would be her, but he wouldn't mind someone else. And so, Euclid said to her, "So, uh... You wanna head in together?"

Kuhl

The girl was greeted with the response she had been expecting, and introduced herself. "Likewise. I'm Kuhl. Yes, the name is unorthodox. Unfortunately, it's all I can go by, I haven't found any records claiming otherwise." The group was colorful, to say the least. One of the girls in the group looked reminiscent of her own species, though by now there'd be plenty of animal-hybrids. Kuhl was about to ask about the conversation, before she had been interrupted by sound of a tap on the microphone. There was no point in continuing at the moment, so she headed back to her seat, moved the bag she had placed, and sat down. 'Right as I was going to get a grasp of who I'd be dealing with...'

The speech that was given was indeed as short and simple as promised, much to her liking. Skipping to the important facts was the best way to go in the first place. The man had explained that instead of most of their learning being useless and never applied, they'd be using their talents and newly-acquired skills to take on missions. 'Entertaining, to say the least.' He had also given information on sleeping arrangements and how to find the rooms, which she'd likely spend more of her time in than the dining hall for breakfast. Considering she didn't have to eat, she'd likely just head down near the end of breakfast to have a quick chat.

The speech had been concluded, and students were free to enter the building at the time. Picking up her bags, she turned to face the group she had briefly introduced herself to. 'Stay, or get to my room? I might make an acquaintance or two if I stay...' Kuhl settled on meeting back with the group she had been in. Walking over once more, though with bags keeping her hands full, she let a light smile make it's way onto her face. "So, where were we...?"

@Mitchs98

@buoyancy

@Princess Ami (If I recall correctly...)

[COLOR= rgb(0, 100, 0)][SIZE= 20px]AIDAY DURWARD [/COLOR][/SIZE]

The slope strained against her, causing her legs to burn lightly as they moved through snow on the uphill hike. The frigid air ripped in and out of her lungs, freezing the back of her throat as she hurried in the direction of the school. She cherished the moments of quietness as she moved along. It seemed she was the last of the students to actually arrive at the academy by the carved path that twisted it's way up the hill to the gates of Altissa. The snow had been packed down, tramped by many feet and a very large object from the looks of the strange wide tracks alongside the trail. It calmed her worries that Nerys could have gotten stuck in the snow someplace without her. Even that girl couldn't have gotten lost when the road was so clear. It also lightened her fear of getting yelled at for taking so long in the stables. Had everything gone smoothly she might had been as quick as Nerys had instructed her. Things had not been that simply though.

Their long journey had been met by a crooked nose stableman whom offered to house their horses at a high price of 100 Pent (just using whatever, idk if there is a money system) a night. By the end of the term they would have wracked up a bill of unmeasurable amounts. Though the priestesses had been generous when they had departed, there was no way they had that kind of money left. Not when Nerys had insisted on their stay at every fine Inn they passed on the way through Asla. They'd be very lucky if they had enough money to buy supplies needed for classes, let alone a charge so high. Aiday had offered the man what little she had for the year housing. It only came out to around 1000 Pent but he had agreed to the amount and sent one of his boys ahead with their bags.

Aiday took a moment to study the school when she finally reached the gates. The building across the snowy courtyard from her stretched upward into the sky like an impressive giant. It's smooth gray stone simmered slightly from the frost that clung to it's surface. The  light of the morning sun danced across the area, glittering like precious stones had been thrown about carelessly. Her mind wandered to the temples and the many times she had awoken to the courtyards glistening just as this one did. The snow was almost lifelike, moving in a cold playful way. It covered everything except for the stone walkways that had been cleared for the convenience of the students.  Her silver eyes wandered down the clearing, touching softly on the fountain before spotting the cloaked form that stood just before it. She made her way to Nerys as her mind reeled in mental preparation for the girl's furry. When she had arrived, her feet coming to a stop next to her 'sisters' but she made no sound. Instead she waited calmly for the girl to speak.

Nerys stood a few inches above her with a thick curly hair that delicately touched her hips when allowed to hang freely. Today it was braided into twisted knot at the base of her neck, mostly hidden by the black hat she had on. Her brown eyes clung to the object she held in her ungloved hand. It seemed to be a large piece of ice. It melted in her palm, the water  forming droplets around her knuckles before falling to the ground at her feet. Some caught hold of the strands of her black traveling cloak but did not stay long for the enchantments on it quickly dried the threat.

When Nerys finally did speak, she allowed her hand to release the ice so that it plummeted into the water below.

"Shall we?" Nerys questioned, holding Aiday's eyes for a frightening moment. Aiday didn't respond. Her mind buzzed in question as to why her master had not yelled. Perhaps she did not want to make a scene, it was a possibility as there were many people around. It could have simply been that Nerys was not angered by having to wait for her as well. Whatever it was, she did not care to ask. Instead she nodded her head and followed silently as Nerys led the way inside. She could tell that the lady as excited from the way she moved with quick lively steps. She didn't even comment when people brushed against her, something that would have caused an outrage had it been any other day. Together they moved through the courtyard until Nerys caught the eye of a small blue haired hybrid. Without much said between them the boy disappeared into the crowd and Nerys took his seat. Aiday watched as he left, pitying the poor thing for being a frog fix. He had likely seen many nasty people and would likely meet many more in his lifetime. She couldn't worry about him though. He had escaped Nerys with only a quick encounter. She  had not.

"You see?" Nerys had spotted her and had spoken. The cruel grin that followed sent a shiver down Aiday's spine, though she was positive had anyone else seen it they would mistake it for a smile of excitement. She was unsure how they had gotten to this point. No. She knew exactly the moment that led them to this. That made Nerys the way she was. It was something that Aiday had felt so many times she could no longer keep count. After all, when a master dies Aiday's soul is ripped from it. When Nerys' mother had died it had been a different feeling all together. Not only was she torn from a soul but she had to be placed on the small, weak spirit of a two year old girl. She had been tied to Nerys ever since, feeling the way it darkened and shifted as she grew. Still it had always been gray until the Priestesses had told her of the power she could possess. It was then that the black finally took. She had been consumed by the idea of Tsuki every since.

When the headmaster had finished his speech all students were directed toward the front desk for information regarding housing and schedules. Nerys of course was one of the first there. Not checking twice if Aiday was following, though she always was. It was easy enough to find their way there. Within minutes they both had their pamphlets in hand, Nerys' already open as she read through it eagerly. Aiday watched her cautiously as Nerys' eyes narrowed and a look of surprised disbelief crossed her face. With a hot glance at Aiday, she turned and stormed over to the lady at the front desk. She pushed past a few students that were in her way.

"To room a girl and boy together," Aiday heard Nerys saying. "Is despicable. Does this school not care about privacy?"

Aiday looked down at her own pamphlet. So Nerys had been roomed with a boy. She understood Nerys' uneasiness but it wasn't like they would be sharing a bath together every night. In fact, the only time Nerys would have to see him was when sleeping. Bathroom times could be arranged, even mealtime. Still Nerys debated as long as she could before the lady at the front desk told her to move along there was no changing room assignments. Moments later Aiday was following quietly after Nerys in the direction of the dorm. It seemed they would both be housing on the third floor along with the rest of the first years. Nerys' room was easy enough to find in the chaos and with a quick turn of her key they were allowed into the empty room. Her things had already been placed inside, her five bags and three pouches all clustered onto the bed closest the window. Aiday was thankful she hadn't had to carry them up and mentally noted that she'd have to send thanks to the boy that had.

"I'm assuming this is my closet." Nerys pointed to the one directly across from her bed. There was one more next to it of the same size. "Aiday, you can go."

Aiday paused. Wondering whether Nerys planned on putting away her own things. This seemed to be the case, as before Aiday could even nod Nerys had already opened up her first bag and began putting the contents away in a neat order. She watched for a minute or two. Her companion had to be up to something weird but it was best not to ask when Nerys was concocting a plan. Instead she gave a small nod and headed for the door. She paused once at the door before heading out. On her way through the crowds she brushed past a white haired boy before disappearing in the direction of her room. @Talon (Whenever you're ready lol)

Auberon smiled brightly at Briya after she pulled her hand away. In general, he liked being touched, and Briya was rather gentle in her actions. Other people in the past, however, haven't been so nice.

"Actually," he added, "I'm not just a hybrid, I can morph into anything I would like."

Another girl approached them, and the first thing Auberon noticed was a huge hammer on her back. He took a step back, although he didn't make any moves to leave. The girl, whose name seemed to be Briya, introduced herself first to the other girl. Auberon realized he hadn't even told her his name, so as soon as she was finished he piped up.

"...I'm Auberon," he said, offering a meek smile at the girl with the hammer. "It's nice to meet you."

@Mitchs98 

@Crimrose

Kuhl

The girl was greeted with the response she had been expecting, and introduced herself. "Likewise. I'm Kuhl. Yes, the name is unorthodox. Unfortunately, it's all I can go by, I haven't found any records claiming otherwise." The group was colorful, to say the least. One of the girls in the group looked reminiscent of her own species, though by now there'd be plenty of animal-hybrids. Kuhl was about to ask about the conversation, before she had been interrupted by sound of a tap on the microphone. There was no point in continuing at the moment, so she headed back to her seat, moved the bag she had placed, and sat down. 'Right as I was going to get a grasp of who I'd be dealing with...'

The speech that was given was indeed as short and simple as promised, much to her liking. Skipping to the important facts was the best way to go in the first place. The man had explained that instead of most of their learning being useless and never applied, they'd be using their talents and newly-acquired skills to take on missions. 'Entertaining, to say the least.' He had also given information on sleeping arrangements and how to find the rooms, which she'd likely spend more of her time in than the dining hall for breakfast. Considering she didn't have to eat, she'd likely just head down near the end of breakfast to have a quick chat.

The speech had been concluded, and students were free to enter the building at the time. Picking up her bags, she turned to face the group she had briefly introduced herself to. 'Stay, or get to my room? I might make an acquaintance or two if I stay...' Kuhl settled on meeting back with the group she had been in. Walking over once more, though with bags keeping her hands full, she let a light smile make it's way onto her face. "So, where were we...?"

@Mitchs98

@buoyancy

@Princess Ami (If I recall correctly...)

Briya Tilah

Briya of course looked at Auberon in awe when he said he could morph into anything he liked. Even better, a shifter! She was definitely curious what classified as 'anything', though she had little time to ask with the introductions. She had yet to hear Ami's name, however before she could ask it the Headmaster had started with the announcement to get everything moving along. Perfect. Now she would have to sit her freezing her ears off. As the announcement went on very little of it was unimportant to her save for where to get the important things she needed and how grades were handled. Missions of sorts it seemed, some being more dangerous than others. Interesting indeed...something the elf was sure she'd succeed at regardless. After all, she was the best archer ever. Nothing was too hard for her!

She was just about to walk off to figure out who she was going to room with until Kuhl walked back up, "Uhhh...well I was gonna go get my dorm stuff." She replied with a shrug, giving her a smile back. She then looked to her bags, "If you'd like we could all go get our information and walk to our rooms together?" She suggested. "I'm sure that stuff is heavy and uncomfortable, plus I dunno about you guys but I'm excited to see the room." She said. "Not to mention I'm starving..the jerky I ate before arriving here is long gone." She added with a slight giggle just as her stomach growled to seemingly emphasize her point.

Luana looked up once the headmaster spoke and just stared whilst digging herself further in the snow. The loud booming voice of the microphone entered her ears as she continued to stare intently. This was all heard before. All her siblings that had once been to that school always bragged about everything. It was very annoying. 

Once his speech about the school and all the information about it was done she immediately went to the headmaster. Following him she grabbed his arm, but immediately let go "Uhm.....Sir? I..I...My father...he..he wishes to speak to you..." Luana whispered softly with a small blush. She was very scared since the man was way taller then her. Plus again, interaction was not her thing. Looking down Luana shifted her feet and literally felt like her heart was about to beat out of her chest. 

Tia looked over at Frost and grinned "What are your plans for class?" She asked crossing her arms and trying to keep herself warm. Her and Frost never really talked all that much despite teaching not far from each other. She guessed it was due to how different they were. 

Varrus Shoal

Varrus looked down to Luana when she walked up to her and grabbed his arm to get his attention, giving the shy Dife girl a friendly smile. At her words he nodded, gently patting the girl on the head to comfort her. "Of course dear, please lead the way." He replied. It certainly was still unusual to see a shy Dife, but he didn't comment. The girl was kind enough and it was certainly better than being rude or something of the like. Another odd trait was her height, though something easily able to be dismissed. He sat there calmly, waiting on her to lead him to wherever was needed.

Luana flinched at the friendly contact not used to the sort. Her older siblings always bullied her because of her status. Softly walking to the corner of the main entrance Luana pulled out a vile. She was sure he knew how it worked and the sort so she grabbed out a gold goblet and filled it with the water. Passing it up to his face Luana looked away. "H-He wants to talk about....me..and...and why I'm s-so different" She mumbled before quickly turning invisible. 

The water bubbled and the old tree appeared in said water. "Hello Varrus. I feel the need to alarm you of the unusual properties my daughter has compared to her siblings. She's the first runt of my litter to survive. The reason she did survive is because she's meant to look after your Souling. I must warn you however that she's very unstable both emotionally and physically. I am not so sure she'll ever be ready to go on these 'missions' that you seem to have now. I am counting on your school to stabilize my daughter and build her confidence. Can you do that?" He asked with a stern voice.

Maria had witnessed the full speech, listened to it. She shrugged however, not that anything he said was imprtant. They would fight? Cool. Maria had trained her abilities a lot and was quite skilled, she had fought a lot in her life already. She had even killed, she didnt like to do so, but sometimes it was necessary. And Maria had never flinched doing so. The next most important thing now, was to find her roommate, who apperantly was named Emily. Maria knew there were a lot of students, but on her sheet, there was no last name given. The halfdemon therefore decided, it would probably be best to simply adress her. Maria would do that, it seemed like the best option here. 

She teleported a bit into the air and grabbed onto the building, quickly climbing it to a point where she could comfortably stand. Then she looked at the mass of students. "OI!", she shouted to get some attention. "I´m searching for ma mate, Emily´s the name. Any Emily´s among ya?" she looked at the crowd, expecting an answer. Though... a lot of people would probably just stare confusedly. That was what people oftenly did as a reaction to Maria´s action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back