• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Altered Carbon inspired rp

ReadingTheRunes

Proud to be pagan
Hey guys!

So I have watched this amazing new series and would love to rp in that world. It is quite open since the series gave a lot of info but left a lot to the imagination.

It would be easier to rp if someone had watched it but I can explain if not.

So short version: People do not die if their body dies. The bodies worn by humans are now called sleeves. This works by something implanted in the invertebrate (in first few vertebrae closest to the skull). The piece of coding implanted is called a stack. If this stack stays in tact, you can live again if you transplant that to another body. However, very few of the rich have invested in satellites that back up their stack data so even if the stack is destroyed, they still live and can be re-sleeved. Most people though do not have the money to get re-sleeved so their stacks are put on ice until a family member pays for another sleeve. If someone if "sleeve murdered" then they are permitted a new sleeve to uncover who killed them.

That's the jist of it anyway! Only people 18+ and real face claims only please. :)

Hey!

I just binged the show recently, and would be very interested in messing around in the universe.
I can't PM you yet, since I just joined the site, but if you're still interested, PM me? :D

I just finished the show and it is incredible! I would like to do a tense roleplay with the lore of that universe. I've just logged in for the first time in a while, so am unsure if I can PM straight away. Drop me a message or reply to my comment so we can set something up :)

I just finished the show and it is incredible! I would like to do a tense roleplay with the lore of that universe. I've just logged in for the first time in a while, so am unsure if I can PM straight away. Drop me a message or reply to my comment so we can set something up :)
Aaaa, sweet! It's definitely one of the better shows I've seen in a while, and they did the Cyberpunk genre serious justice.
Did you have anything specific in mind for plot, or anything about our characters? :)

Aaaa, sweet! It's definitely one of the better shows I've seen in a while, and they did the Cyberpunk genre serious justice.
Did you have anything specific in mind for plot, or anything about our characters? :)
Honestly I haven't thought of anything specific. It could be anything really! You could have another crime to solve or a story based around the AI or something as graphic as escaping "Head in the clouds" or a torture parlour. There is just so much that could be explored more. I would be happy to do original characters or mimic characters from the show. It was one of the beat cyberpunk/ sci-fi series I have seen. Did you have anything in mind?

Oooo, so many possibilities! Any of those would be awesome to play out (maybe a combination of everything?), honestly. Like you said, there's a lot that can be explored. Original characters would be fantastic! How are you with doubles? I feel like this would be the perfect roleplay to have more than one character each, and maybe even a few intersecting plots...

Oooo, so many possibilities! Any of those would be awesome to play out (maybe a combination of everything?), honestly. Like you said, there's a lot that can be explored. Original characters would be fantastic! How are you with doubles? I feel like this would be the perfect roleplay to have more than one character each, and maybe even a few intersecting plots...
I would be very much up for that. I'm used to juggling a few characters and plots in big rp's. When you're able to I'm, please do and we will set something up :) I'll think of some plots in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back