• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Alone Together

Beforehand:

1. Please write at least four full lines at all times:

Being on mobile is not an excuse. Now, before you give me a bunch of shit for saying that, I will be the one starting the roleplay. You can see how much four lines is by my response. You can't say you don't know how long four lines is then. I know it's more difficult to write a response of a decent length when on mobile, but if you aren't prepared to put effort into the roleplay, you shouldn't have responded to this in the first place. Also, use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. We all make mistakes, and sometimes typos happen, but you should try your hardest. Capitalize names, remember quotation marks, and use spell-check, it's there for a reason.

2. Give me a warning when you're logging off:

I understand that in some situations, this isn't possible. However, it shouldn't happen frequently, and don't give me the same excuse every time. "I had to go to soccer practice" or "my brother wanted to get on" are not good reasons. You could alert me in both those situations. If you've read this far, post a heart with your comment below. Things that I can forgive is the internet going out, your parents demanding you get off that minute, a family emergency, falling asleep (and I mean mid-response, not logging off to go to sleep), etc. Understood? Good. I'm sick of waiting for a hour, and then getting a message the next day giving me some crummy excuse .

3. Warning:

There will be elements of neglect, poverty/homelessness, and possible abuse and maybe even death in this roleplay. If any of this could be triggering to you, I ask that you go back now, as most of these are major aspects of the roleplay. I figured it would be wise to place a warning here in case any of those elements could be triggering, so please take heed of the warning.

Storyline:

[Your character] is going through a rough patch. He'd never been very close with his family, and one small mistake got him tossed out of the house at eighteen. Now, seven years later, he's living in his car, leading a life of crime and traveling from state to state to avoid the authorities. He has very little money, and has to steal constantly just to survive. He's made many dangerous enemies throughout his life, and is constantly on the he run. Though gruff at first, the type to come across as cold and overly sarcastic, [YC] has a big heart, some part of him especially empathetic to the pain of others due to how much he suffered through during his own life.

So when [my character], a child with a dirty face and wide terrified eyes, runs out in front of his car, he slams on the brakes and races out to make sure she wasn't injured. The little girl was fortunately unhurt, but was clearly lost and scared. Trying to figure out what was the best course of action, considering he couldn't call the police due to his lack of a cell phone and didn't dare to stop by the station in case he was recognized for his multiple robberies and past drug dealings (he was desperate for money), he offers to drive her home, only for [MC] to respond that she doesn't have a home to return to. [YC] has no idea what to do in the situation, but as he looks down at the child, sniffling in a cute knitted sweater with her hair hanging in matted curls around her face, he knows what he needs to do. It's a bad idea, a terrible one. After all, he's got a track record as long as the Nile and he's living in a car - there's no way he'd be a good guardian.

But he finds himself offering to take her with him anyway.

It's about an hour later, when [MC] has fallen asleep in the backseat, that the full weight of what he's doing hits him like a freight train. He's a criminal evading the law with what he could assume was a runaway kid in the backseat. Did it count as kidnapping if she had no where else to go? Even if it doesn't, a grown man traveling with a vulnerable little girl definitely wouldn't look good to the cops. He knew it was a bad decision. What if some of the powerful enemies he'd crossed in the past came after him and took the child down with him? She didn't deserve that. She was just a kid. He glances at her once more and decides that he's got no choice. Now that he's taken her in, he's sure as hell not gonna throw her back out. Besides, the kid may be able to help in a few scams. Cause a distraction, shed some fake tears - people were way more likely to pity a child, right?

If only he knew the adventure he was embarking on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! This sounds pretty interesting and I'd like to take part if you'll have me. I'm an okay writer but this will be my first RP so please help me to improve if I make an error anywhere. ^_^

Yay! I've been itching to roleplay this storyline for a while, so I'm glad you're interested! Oh, and welcome to the roleplaying community! I'm sure you'll do excellently.

I'm going to go put up a thread where we can fill out character sheets and, y'know, roleplay, alright? If you have any questions, just private message me and I'll be happy to answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back