• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Almost Lover

Alyssa smiled "Oh that sounds like so much fun!" she glanced back at Bradley who was talking to Sophie still "We'd love to" she said happily. "We'll wait for you two out here so you guys can get out of costume, yeah?" Black made his way back wrapping his arm around Alyssa who smiled up at him, "we're going to a karaoke bar with Tori and Charles tonight." she said happily. He was caught of guard "Are we? But I don't sing.." he said quietly to Alyssa. She gave him a look "yes you do. I heard you sing to Sophie." He ran his hand through his hair "yeah, but th-" she cut him off "But I thought it would be really fun." she pouted a bit. He sighed "if that's what you want to do, that's what we'll do." He said softly. She smiled "okay we'll wait for you guys and you show the way." Alyssa said happily.

Bradley wasn't super excited by the idea, of spending more time with his student that clearly didn't care he was there. But relationships were all about give and take, so hopefully Alyssa would give a little back. Bradley has been trying his hardest to keep this relationship without hurting her, which resulted in him being a bit whipped. He sat down and waited for the pair to get out of their costumes. Alyssa came over and wrapped her arms around him, "promise you'll sing a song with me?" she whispered into his ear. "Alyssa, I rea-" she pouted, "just one song? For me?" He sighed and lifted her chin, "You know I hate it when you pout." He kissed her forehead "Fine. One song, that's it." she smiled. He hated himself for giving in, but he wasn't getting any younger and his mother wasn't laying off the whole marriage and kids comments. He had to do whatever to keep the lady happy.

Victoria watches the encounter with a bemused smile. Seeing a man that looked as tough and grim as Bradley sing would definitely be a treat. "I'm going to go find Charles and get out of costume. Don't go too far." She couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. She really didn't understand why but it was there and it wasn't going away. She finds Charles chatting up some redhead and rolls her eyes. "Hey, lover boy. We got places to be and people to meet." He gives the redhead a wink before turning to Victoria. "Easy, tiger. You don't have to ruin all the fun." Victoria laughs, walking back to the dressing rooms.

After getting changed and scrubbing away her stage makeup, Victoria returns to the lobby. There was almost no one left at this point, providing a pleasant silence after the previous chaos. She is walking off to Bradley and Alyssa when Charles runs up behind her. He picks her up from behind and spins her around before planting a big, wet kiss on her cheek. "Ew, Charles! That is so gross." She tries not to laugh as she wipes his saliva from her cheek with the back of her hand. She walks over to Bradley and Alyssa, saying, "Sorry it took so long. Romeo over here couldn't be drawn away from his one true love." She says mockingly, playfully punching Charles's arm. "You two ready?"

6a322c320755416434c79fc51e600a19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alyssa nodded and pulled Bradley out of the chair. No, I don't want to go to this stupid karaoke bar, he faked a smile "whenever you are, lead the way." He said stepping to the side. Alyssa let go of his hand and walked beside Victoria and Charles, "I'm so glad Bradley took me to see this show tonight, I never saw the movie but Bradley insisted I see it. I'm so glad he did." she said happily. Bradley strolled a bit behind them, looking at his phone. Alyssa turned back and grabbed his arm, pulling him up next to her. He slid the phone in his pocket and walked next to her without a word.

She looked over at Black then to Victoria "Was Bradley your favorite professor?" she asked her. Black couldn't help but snort a little "Alyssa, I'm never anybody's favorite professor." he commented bluntly. He thought for a minute and had the perfet opportunity to make a snide remark, was he going to take it? Of course he was. "Oh wait, I did have this one student...she decided before she left she needed to kiss me in front of one of my classes. It was such a bad kiss. I was embarrassed for her. I don't remember who though." Alyssa's jaw dropped "wait, really?" he chuckled and nodded "Don't worry, since I am a professor I saw a teaching opportunity and taught her how to really kiss somebody." He wrapped his arm around Alyssa's waist "but nobody compares to you." he whispered kissing her on the cheek. He wondered if that would jog Victoria's memory.

casual-dress-style-men-1725.jpg

Bandage-Dress-2014-New-Arrival-Women-Elegant-Embroidery-Bodycon-Dresses-New-Fashion-Patchwork-Autumn-Casual-2014.jpg_350x350.jpg

"Oh wait, I did have this one student...she decided before she left she needed to kiss me in front of one of my classes. It was such a bad kiss. I was embarrassed for her. I don't remember who though. Don't worry, since I am a professor I saw a teaching opportunity and taught her how to really kiss somebody." Victoria looks puzzled for a moment, almost as if she might remember. He says that so... Am I that student? She laughs softly. "I hate getting stuck with bad kissers. Lucky for me, Charlie here is fancy with the lip work." He wraps his arm around her waist. "I only give what I get, sweetie." She shakes her head, chuckling. "What is with you and touching me?"

"Well, what do you expect when you look like that?" She shoves him away with a mock gasp. "You are literally the worst." She turns her attention back to Bradley and Alyssa. "So, how long have you two been together? How did you meet? Was it really romantic?" Charles scratches the back of his neck as if he were embarrassed of Victoria. "Sorry. Tori is just a bit of a hopeless romantic." He covers her ears and half-whispers, "It's only because she can't get any." Victoria turns and smacks his arm with a playful pout. "You're awful."

Black rolled his eyes at Victoria and Charles. He wasn't one for PDA and they were oozing PDA at the seams. He heard Victoria's question and glanced over at Alyssa waiting for her to answer, and she looked at him, waiting for him to answer. He shrugged "eh, about three weeks, we met through my sister, and it wasn't chick flick romantic or anything." Alyssa gave him a look. "He was watching his niece and my daughter Lilly was over for a playdate. When I came to pick her up he was laying on the floor with them coloring and eating chicken fingers. It was adorable. I was nervous to ask for his number so his sister set us up." She said with a smile as she grabbed his hand.

Bradley was so over this double date that was thrown on him. He was dreading that one song that Alyssa wanted him to sing with her, he really just wanted to go home. They arrived at the bar and he grabbed a booth. He stood to the side and let Alyssa go in first. He sat on the outside of the booth and she snuggled up to him. A waitress came over and Alyssa ordered a drink, Black just stuck with a soda. "Come on lighten up have a drink." He shook his head "I have to drive Lyss." She shrugged and smiled "Fine I'll have some for you then." She said kissing his cheek. "Go easy." he said a bit protectively.

Victoria slips into the booth opposite of Bradley and Charles slips in as close to her as possible. "I swear to god, you're going to make me sick." She teases, pushing him away so there's some space between them. She rests her elbow on the table, pressing her cheek into her palm. "You two are so adorable..." She sighs silently, turning her attention to the waitress. "I'll have a Shirley Temple. Charles is a lightweight and I need to make sure he gets home safe." Charles rolls his eyes, "Mhm. I'm the lightweight. I'll have a pitcher of Bud and a shot of vodka, straight." Victoria leans back, crossing her arms over her chest. "I think you forget Bianca's party..." She looks back over to Bradley, her expression softening.

"How have you been, Bradley? Honestly, is life treating you well?" The waitress walks off with their drink orders. The bar is pretty empty right now but couples and singles trickle in every once in a while. Victoria studies Bradley, trying to conjure any reasoning behind why she hardly remembers him. It must have been something traumatic. Maybe it was the kissing thing, maybe he embarrassed in front of the entire class. Her memories of Whitehill were few and far between. Something about stars and dancing and... seventeen? It was a jumble of bits and pieces of memory like a puzzle with a bunch of blank pieces. She could try to fit it all together, but she still couldn't see the picture.

"How have you been, Bradley?" How have I been? My mother won't lay off about marriage and children, my student who I invested my life in doesn't even remember me, I'm stuck in this professor career for the rest of my life, and I'm currently sitting in a karaoke bar, sober. How do you think my life is going? He glanced up from his soda and gave her a slight shrug "eh, it's been alright. Nothing different going on...besides her." he said nudging Alyssa. Bradley glanced back down at his soda. Alyssa looked at him "So about that song you promised me..." she suggested softly. He sighed "Maybe a little later Lyss, we just got here." She pouted a bit "I said later, Alyssa." he snapped, frustrated. She sat up straight, no longer cuddling with him.

Alyssa was embarrassed by the way Bradley had just snapped at her. She was one for always putting her best foot forward and she wanted him to do the same. Public image was extremely important to her and if there were issues she was determined to make sure no one knew. She placed her hand on his thigh and went to lean in to kiss him. He saw her leaning in and he stood up
"I uh need to use the restroom, excuse me." he commented as he walked away from the table. Alyssa watched him walk away and frowned. She was not a fan of how he was acting currently.

She watches the two, straightening up as well when Bradley snaps at Alyssa. She swallows thickly as Bradley rejects Alyssa's kiss and walks away, using the excuse of having to go to the bathroom. She couldn't quite place the feeling that races through her as she hears herself say, "It's me. He's mad at me." Charles looks at her quizzically, "Why do you say that? I'm sure it has nothing to do with you." Victoria shakes her head, glancing toward the bathrooms. "No. That shrug, the way he's looking at me, staring down at his drink instead of making eye contact..." Victoria rubs her cheek, looking slightly confused as she stares at the table. "I-I don't know why any of that means anything to me." She laughs nervously as if she might be able to pass this off as a joke.

"I'll... be right back." She slides over Charles's lap and out of the booth. Charles shakes his head, staring after her and saying to Alyssa, "I'm sorry... She's not usually like this." Victoria pushes open the door to the bar, slipping into a small crowd of people entering. The sound of busy streets meets her. She leans against the side of the building with a huff. What is going on? What is that man doing to me? Two straight years of building this perfect, polished persona and he's going to bring it all crumbling down in one night? Victoria sees a casually dressed man hanging around the entrance, smoking. She walks over to him. "Hey, can I steal a cigarette off you?" He hands one over with no problem. She puts it in her mouth and he lights it. "Thanks."

Black locked himself in the stall and didn't know what to do. He just no longer wanted to be out, it didn't feel right. After about being gone for 15 minutes he decided it was time to just face it. He walked out to find that Alyssa had made a good use of her 15 minutes. She had struck up conversation with a guy on the bar and when Bradley walked out their lips were locked. "Alyssa?" he snapped. She broke the kiss "Bra-" he cut her off "Oh no. No you...you...fuck. No." He turned around not being able to even look at her. He stormed out of the bar, Alyssa running after him.

"Bradley! Baby! wait!" she yelled as she ran out of the bar. He whipped around furious, fist clenched. "No. Don't fucking talk to me. If you didn't want to be here with me you should've just fucking told me instead of humiliating me like that." She tried holding his hand and looking up at him "Baby, I'm sorry. I-I've had too much to drink." He ran his fingers through his hair, his face a deep red, "You're a mother! You shouldn't be acting like this. You're not some college kid who can funnel alcohol until they blackout! You're a fucking..." he sighed and stopped yelling "just stay away from me. We're done." he said, his voice deep and angry. He turn and began to walk away. "Bradley! I'm sorry!" she called after him. He ignored her and kept walking. She shook her head and stared after him.

Black kept walking until he found a bench and he sat down on it. He rested his hands in his face. He groaned, I should be happy I don't have to pretend...but it hurt. He stared at the sidewalk beneath his feet and sighed "I wish I was drunk right now." he muttered.

Victoria nearly drops the freshly lit cigarette as she sees Bradley and Alyssa arguing. She watches wide-eyed as Bradley storm off away from Alyssa for the second time tonight. She turns to Alyssa, "What the fuck did you do? ...You know what? I actually don't want to hear it. So much for a nice night." She pulls out her phone and texts Charles as she picks up the pace to catch up with Bradley. She slows down as she sees a familiar silhouette sitting on a bench.

Charles
me
Wtf just happened?
them
Idk. Wasn't watching
me
I gotta try 2 sort this out. Get home safe
them
K. Whatever you gotta do babe ;)
me
Oh shut up

She takes a long drag of the cigarette. If there was any ideal time for a toxic stress reliever, it was now. She turns her head, blowing the smoke out in the direction of the street as she approaches. She wanted to scream and shout, find out what he was doing to her, why she cared so much about him - a man she hadn't seen for three years - but now wasn't about her. She kept her distance, figuring she was the last person he wanted to see or talk to. "Hey..." She says softly, the concern evident in her voice. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but I just don't think you should be alone. If you want me to leave, I'll go. It's not really place to screw around in your social. I mean--" She cuts herself off with a cough. Stop rambling, Victoria. Don't piss him off. You shouldn't be here. Just leave. He doesn't want you here anyway. Right? Right. She rocks back and forth on her heels for a moment. "Uh, on second thought, I'll just... I'll go." She turns to walk back toward the bar.

He looks up when he hears her voice. Black sighed "I'm fine. Miss. Greene...uh um..Monroe...whoever you are now." He mumbled, he felt like he didn't even know her anymore. "I'll be okay alone. You don't have to babysit me. I'm getting what I deserve. Go enjoy yourself, no reason for two peoples' nights to be ruined." He looked back down at the sidewalk. He ran his hands through his hair and glanced back up at her. There was so much he wanted to say, like how he missed bickering with her, seeing her everyday, that dance they shared, the kiss, and even that extremely weird morning finding her on the car. He missed her. He had to leave before he did anything he may regret.

Black stood and noticed the cigarette, "Smoking's bad for your health, you know." he commented. He stuck his hands in his pockets and gave a small smile, "I should probably just go home...good luck with the show." He turned and began walking down the sidewalk. He hated how there was so much left unsaid.

"Smoking's bad for your health, you know." She nods, dropping the cigarette. "I do know. Don't really care, though." She takes a small step but, as she hears him begin to walk away, she whips around. The words make their way to her lips and she forms them, but no sound comes out. "Don't go" her lips form in the shadows. It takes her a minute to find her voice, almost a moment too late. "Please... Don't go." The words come out weak, broken, childish. She couldn't understand her compulsion to run to him, the wrap her arms around him, to kiss him. "Who are you? And, I don't mean your name, your occupation, none of that. Who are you to me? Why do I feel like this? Why can't I remember no matter how much I rack my brain for anything? Why did every moment I saw you with her," Her next words come out even softer, just above a whisper, "hurt me?" She swallows, biting her lip. "Why am I here? Why do I care about you?"

She drops onto the bench with a sigh. Those questions were just the tip of the iceberg. She had been feeling a numbness that she had grown content with for the past three years. It was nearly soothing, not feeling heartache or vulnerability. Now, he shows up and it all comes rushing back like a giant tidal wave, enveloping her and consuming her. She scoffs at her own words, looking away from him. "How can I figure out who you are when I don't even know who I am?"

He heard her soft request to stay. His feet froze and he walked back and stood in front of her. "if you can't remember, then maybe I'm not anything to you. Victori, I'm just your ex film professor. Why you're feeling all those other things...i don't know. Ask a psychologist." With that he knew where he stood with her. He sat down next to her and sighed. "don't worry about me. I'm nothing, just find a reason you wake up everyday and dont give up on that reason." He stood back up and turned to face her.

This girl..no...woman, had been Black's reason when she was still at Whitehall her potential and promise she had shown kept him going, but once she left that drive did too. He had yet to find a new student worth his time at the school. However, his niece keeps him going.
"Never put anyone before yourself. It just leads to disappointment." he advised her bitterly. Bradley just looked down at her, wanting to go back in time, that's all he wanted. He shook his head, and was going to walk away but remember she didn't want him to leave. So he remained in place.

"If you can't remember, then maybe I'm not anything to you. Victoria, I'm just your ex film professor. Why you're feeling all those other things...I don't know. Ask a psychologist." She felt her eyes begin to burn as tears started to form. Why am I crying? Fuck... She turns away, trying to subtly wipe away the beads of liquid before he notices. "I wish you would stop pretending. It's not helping you. It's not helping me. I get lied to all the time. People think they can spare my feelings by doing it. But, it's not fair to anyone to consistently not tell the truth. But, I guess whatever. I'm not that important anyway. Just another pretty face for a bigger income. That's all anyone cares about."

"You can leave if you want to go." She mumbles, lifting her feet onto the bench and hugging her knees to her chest. "Loneliness is almost a comfort now. I suppose you can't get hurt if you have no one to love, hmm?" She exhales deeply. "Ignore my crazy ramblings. They mean nothing. I hope you can salvage your night. Good night." She speaks into her knees, almost robotically as if she's just regurgitating some lines from a script. She vaguely remembers it being some part of marketing or something, to always come across as stable and flawless. Life was just a giant performance after all, wasn't it? You just had to play your part.

His jaw clenched slightly, "don't talk about fair. You know what's not fair? Investing years of my life in you. Why? Because i thought you were fucking different. I have never been so hopeful about a student, but then how do you fucking thank me? Transfer out and then become some big star on your own. I'm glad things worked out for you...I really am. But you don't even have the fucking decency to pretend like you even remembereddme. You're an actor for Christ's sakes! Pretend! Act like you fucking appreciated the hours i spent trying to make something from you! Talk about not being fair." he took a deep breath, relief. He finally felt relief.

He sigh and kept staring at her he had said so much already what else could he possibly say, "
loneliness gets old real fast. Why do you think I was putting up with Alyssa's shit for as long as I did?" he shrugged and shook his "you're not like me. You'll find someone who completes you. Just be patient." Black felt a slight pain in his heart, he really did miss her.

"Don't talk about fair. You know what's not fair? Investing years of my life in you. Why? Because I thought you were fucking different. I have never been so hopeful about a student, but then how do you fucking thank me? Transfer out and then become some big star on your own. I'm glad things worked out for you...I really am. But you don't even have the fucking decency to pretend like you even remembered me. You're an actor for Christ's sakes! Pretend! Act like you fucking appreciated the hours I spent trying to make something from you! Talk about not being fair."

Something snapped in her, a familiar click that fueled a past passion. Her feet drop back down to the concrete. "You wanted me to pretend to remember you? Then, how disappointed would you be when you found out? It's not a fucking game. This isn't some half-assed side show when you can ad-lib lines left and right. This is my fucking life." She stands, letting out a groan of frustration. "What is with every one around me just wanting more and more from me? The only person that doesn't make me want to fucking explode is Charles and he's gay. Don't act like I'm not appreciative. Don't you dare fucking act like I didn't work my ass off for this. The slight fame that I fucking earned. Don't act like it's not twice as shitty as my life was before. Don't act like it's not as shitty as, as, as... You! You act like you're so fucking great and that everything in your life is perfect. You lie to yourself and pretend you don't ever get hurt. Well, fuck you. The least, the absolute least you could do for me is be genuine. Not put up this stupid fucking facade. Because unlike you, apparently, I value sincerity. You can buy cheap barbie doll girls who act like they love you and know everything about for a dime a dozen. And, since that's what you want," She chucks a dime at his chest, "Go fucking ape shit!"

Victoria spins on her heels, starting off back toward the bar. Fuck him. Fuck Alyssa. Fuck everyone. She was going to go to the liquor store and drown herself in cheap wine. Her understudy can take up tomorrow's performance because she was going to drink until she couldn't remember a thing. Hopefully, she'll drown out all memories of Bradley and never have to deal with him ever again. Oh, she hated him! His shitty pretentious lectures, his smugness when they kissed, his stupid refusal to dance with her, his fucking overused, overplayed 'it's not you, it's me' line... Fuck him. Wait. She stops dead in her tracks. Oh.

Everything she said was true, well except for buying barbie dolls. His dates agree on their own free will. He clenched his jaw and he lost his temper. "I get it Victoria! I'm a shitty person! I don't lie to myself, I wake up every morning telling myself that! I just don't tell anybody else because my miserable fucking life isn't any of their business. So go ahead keep piling the shit on! What else do you want to tell me?! I'm a sarcastic asshole who doesn't care about anybody but himself and I'm a burden to everyone around me, and frankly if i disappeared the world would be a lot better of a place?! Trust me. I know." he yelled furiously.

Bradley was still fuming he had lost all control and he was speaking before thinking, "You worked hard on your show? Really? Because I thought it was lack luster. Brad was casted horribly. You were off key in some of the songs, your facial expressions were as fake as Alyssa's Prada bag, and I wasn't even slightly turned on during the Toucha Touch me scene. Also by the way, I was hired to write a review for the show tonight. I hope they splice my commentary...for your sake." Still angry, he turned and began walking away from her. Black stopped and turned around and began walking back towards her, "my car is this way" he muttered softly walking past her. He dropped the dime on the ground near her and kept walking away with his hands in his pocket and his head down.

Black had decided to give up. His mother just had to accept the fact he was never going to get married and he would never be a father. He decided he was handing in his notice and quit. He was done, he wanted to move away and never come back. The only thing keeping him he was Sophie. He didn't know how he would tell her that she wouldn't see him again. He couldn't bear to see the pain in that little face.

She watches him brush past her, hearing the dime hop on the concrete. "I don't understand what you want from me. I've tried and you're still not happy but you keep showing up. What do you expect me to do? Put everything on hold to chase after you? I can't do that anymore, Bradley. At Whitehill, it was different. I was no one. Here I can actually make up something of myself. Of course, I don't want to see you hurt. That's why I invited you out to the bar, that's why I'm here now, that's why I'm concerned. But, you continue to push me away. So, here's me actually walking away. I'm not your little puppy dog. I won't come running after you every time you leave." She turns to walk in the opposite direction. She walk home if she has to and pick up her car tomorrow. "I'm sorry." She sounds genuinely apologetic before she continues in the opposite direction.

The streets were nearly dead. It must be late. She hugs herself as she walks slowly, shivering slightly. Should've brought a coat... I really wish it wouldn't end on a shitty note like this but I don't understand what he wants. The best thing I can do is just walk away. He clearly has no interest in me anyway after everything he said. She sighs audibly, glancing back. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm impossible to love...

Bradley heard what she said and sighed. It was different at Whitehill? Is she too good for me now? His blood was still boiling. He took a deep breath and was trying to relax. He glanced back and saw her shiver. It's now or never Bradley. Black sighed and jogged back towards her. He draped his jacket over her shoulders, "here. It's cold out." he commented softly. He walked beside her, "I never asked you to be my puppy dog...I didn't need your charity invite to the bar tonight." He said, keeping his voice even with his frustration under control. He stepped in front of her. "Look, Victoria...You confused the hell out of me back in Whitehill and you still do. I don't know what you want from me."

Bradley stepped to the side. "I know I push people away, but that's just who I am. Everyone gets pushed away...don't take it personally." he muttered, with his hands in his pockets. He sighed and looked at her, "what did you mean by it was different in whitehill, that you were a nobody? Are you too good to be seen in my presence? Should I be bowing whenever you walk past me your Highness?" he asked sarcastically with a slight smirk. Black took a step closer to Victoria, but was distracted when Alyssa came walking up "Bradley!" she called as she began running towards them. "What the fuck..." he muttered.

Alyssa ran up and wrapped her arms around him. He immediately pryed them off "What the fuck do you want?" he asked bitterly. She pouted "I-I sobered up a bit. I need to be with you" Black rolled his eyes "well I don't need to be with you. What did you not understand about we're done?" She frowned and tried talking with him. He turned his back to her and looked at Victoria, "Where were we?" he asked completely ignoring Alyssa, who had gotten the picture and walked away. "I think I was bowing down to the royalty of local theater." he said teasingly.

She wraps her jacket tighter around herself. The familiarity of the situation soothed her to the point where she could actually process her thoughts and not rattle off insults in spite. "Too good for you?" She repeats, absolutely puzzled. "No, I--" She's cut off by a wailing Alyssa. Victoria sighs, scratching the back of her neck. "Where were we? I think I was bowing down to the royalty of local theater." She shakes her head, watching Alyssa walk off. She felt sympathetic toward her, but whatever she did must have been really awful to piss Bradley off this much. "When I said it was different at Whitehill, I meant I didn't have the kind of obligations, expectations I do now. I meant that it was easier to figure out what to do... But, I guess, according to you, I'm absolutely awful at theatre. So, maybe I don't have any really obligations..." But, watching you walk away at Whitehill didn't mean you'd leave forever. "I... Forget it. You don't want to hear it anyway."

She slides the jacket off her shoulders, holding it out to him. "Thanks, but it's getting late. You should probably get going." She forces a smile to attempt to give off the impression that she was fine. 'Acting' in real life was so much harder than reciting lines with conviction. Fortunately for her, the darkness of the night better hide her true feelings than she ever could.

He pushed her hand, holding his jacket way. "Why do I get a feeling this is like the whole girl says leave but she really means stay sort of thing." he smiled at her a little. "I'm an adult. I don't care how late it gets...I'm all ears if you want to talk." he said casually. Bradley looked at her, reality faded away momentarily as he stared at her. Snapping back to reality, he grabbed the jacket putting back around her shoulders "It's cold, and you aren't wearing much." he commented.

Black turned her around to face him. He stood there silent for a minute, come on do something you idiot. He grabbed her hand and simultaneously pulled her into his arms, bringing her into a dip he kissed her. No sooner did their lips touch he pulled away, slowly backing away "I'm so sorry...I didn't...you probably didn't want...I..." he sighed and shook his head "I don't know...I'm sorry..." He paused, why am I so flustered right now? He took a deep breath "I'm sorry I should've asked...I wasn't thinking." He stared at her waiting for a reaction. He had just put himself out there and he was waiting for the rejection to follow, that's usually how these things worked. Black looked at her and small smile crossed his face "remember that quote you told Sophie? Maybe that's why our paths crossed tonight." he said softly.

She was surprised by the kiss but before she could even respond, it was over. She blinks at him for a moment, before slowly shaking her head. "I-I don't want to be your rebound. Not tonight, Bradley. Not after with what happened with Alyssa. It makes me feel... cheap." She sighs, looking away from him. That was one of the most painful things to say. Nothing was going right tonight. She kept saying and doing all the wrong things. She wanted it so bad but she wasn't going to take advantage of him. "You're vulnerable and sad and... Just not tonight."

She swallows, letting the wind fill her silence. It was against every fiber of her being to not grab him and kiss him and never let him go. She didn't want to lose him again, not now, not ever. But, she couldn't do it tonight. She scrambles to find words, anything to tell him, to let him know how she was feeling but her voice seemed to have disappear and her mind a jumble of thoughts. Now would be the perfect time for a glass of 'liquid courage.'

Black heard the rejection and nodded. It's like he was back in high school all over again. "I'm sorry I bothered." he said softly, closing himself off. "I....I think I'm just going to go home." He backed away "you can just mail me the jacket..or whatever." He couldn't believe he finally opened up just to be shot back down again. He turned to walk away and then stopped turning back. "This is why I push people away. I'm tired of getting my hopes up." He ran his hand through his hair "just know Alyssa was the rebound, not you."

Bradley turned with his back to her, not moving. He took a deep breath closing his eyes briefly, then walked down the sidewalk. Black was so used to this pain, but it wasn't something alcohol couldn't help. "You idiot!" Black felt a hard slap on his shoulder, snapping him away from his thoughts. He glanced up to see his sister standing there in pajama pants and a sweatshirt, "nice paja-" she cut him off "Now is not the time for jokes, Bradley. You ditched poor Alyssa to be with some whore student of yours." Black's jaw dropped "2 things Liz. 1, Alyssa ditched me. I came back to find her making out with some other guy. And 2, don't you dare ever call her that again. You don't even fucking know her." he was furious. "If you should be calling someone a whore, it should be her." Black said pointing at Alyssa. "Keep Victoria out of this. She's the only one who gave a shit and checked up on me." Liz crossed her arms and stared at her brother, not believing him. Black stared Liz down, "I swear Liz, if you ever say something about my students again there will be hell to pay." Bradley said through clenched teeth.

He glanced back knowing Victoria probably heard everything. He walked back to her "I'm sorry, my sister's a bitch. What she said isn't true, you're not...I'll take care of her. You'll never see her again I promise." Black was furious over the things his sister said, but when he turned back his sister and Alyssa had already left. He glanced back at Victoria, "I'm sorry..." he said turning around to walk away again. "Have a good night." he muttered.

Victoria extends her arm again to him again, holding out his joke. She inhales deeply and shuts her eyes, clearly hurt about what has been said about her. "Take your jacket, Bradley. I'm going home." After all she did and all she didn't do, this is how the universe repays her. This is what she deserves for being honest and polite, for letting Bradley actually sort his feelings out before he does something rash? "I'll take a cab." This had to be some form of a sign. Just as soon as she was about to let him in, to tell him to talk to her in a few days and if he still felt the same that they'd make it work, this happens. Nothing could go right, not even for a little bit.

She opens her eyes to see him standing there, the jacket still in her hand. "Just take the damn jacket." She didn't want to break down here, in front of him but he was making it really hard to remain sane. She didn't need to take the jacket home. She didn't need to remember this or him. She was starting to remember why she forgot in the first place.

He takes the jacket, "Are you sure? I could drive you if you want." he offers. He looks at the ground, having a feeling he's going to be rejected again. He plays with a rock under his foot. "I just thought you could save money....and I would know you got home safely." he commented quietly. Bradley was distracted by her dress, like any guy would be. He realized and quickly looked up "I'm sorry, I...I'm a guy." he said giving her a weak smile. He mentally slapped himself you're a guy? That's the best you got?

Black waited for a response waiting to see if he would be driving her home tonight. Charles walked past with another guy, he smiled and waved to Victoria. He stopped and leaned into Victoria, clearly intoxicated "your friend here doesn't happen to play for my team as well does he?" he asked eyeing Black. Bradley's eyes widen and he shook his head "No...I like girls." Black commented. Charles smiled "well if you ever change your mind" he said with a winked and walked off with the other guy. Black stared slightly shocked and confused, "Did he? Did I just get hit on by a guy?" he asked in shock. Bradley couldn't help but smirk "well that's a first" he commented. "So am I driving you or would you rather spend your paycheck on a cab ride?" Black asked Victoria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back