• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings All Your Powers (CONCLUDED & READABLE: For more info, PM! This may make a comeback!)

All Your Powers

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club
All Your Powers

Ever wondered what it would be like if you had the ability to copy other people's powers, but you'd never know because nobody else in the world has powers?

Well, such was the life of 18-year-old Mia Steele. She always wondered if she had some obscure power that nobody could make out, because superpowers weren't a reality in her small home town of Ebeville. Yet, Mia never backed down in the face of injustice. She protected her friends from bullies, and would absolutely not stand for a long wait at the local 11Seven.

Things would change for Mia as she moved to Keptro City for the big life. Keptro was huge. She was amazed by the size, shape, and everything there was. And that was when she learned about the existence of them. Superheroes. There are confirmed that there are exactly 50 individuals in the entire world that have these so-called superpowers. And that was when she met her first one.

She was enthusiastic, reading about the teenage hero known as Coldskin, a 17 year old boy with enhanced durability. He couldn't withstand bullets, but he could withstand a punch. It was a really pathetic power. But meeting even the most pathetic heroes in real life was an honor. There were, after all, only fifty in the whole world.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Hey! Hey! You're a superhero, right?! You're Coldskin!" Mia shouted out as she fought through the crowd of mumbling citizens. Upon making her way to the front, she saw Coldskin in all of his glory. Skin-tight gray suit, lean, but not as fit as a hero should be, and extremely dull looking. Then came the questions. Those at the front always asked questions.
"What's your superpower?"
"How did you survive that fall?"
"What's it like to be a hero of the people, but not the best?"
"How does it feel like to be weak as shit?!"

The hero, Coldskin, simply dismissed the questions. "Now, now guys, I won't be answering your questions if you keep badgering me like that. You guys try to survive a fall from that height. I bet most of you would break your back-"
Coldskin was cut off as Mia jumped forwards and grabbed his hand. Her hand began to glow a light grey, though nobody noticed this. She didn't let go. She couldn't let go. "Hey, hey, what do you want?" An annoyed Coldskin inquired, frowning.
"I'm so interested to see your powers! What does being durable feel like?"

Coldskin was enraged. He was just about done with these people, and done with everyone. He cocked back a fist, and thrusted it straight at Mia's face.

CONK!

Mia was still standing, with her head tilted to the opposite side. The expression on her face was one of pure shock. Coldskin pulled his fist back and felt his wrist. "Your eyes...they're glowing the same color as my powers. What the hell did you do?"

"I...uh..." Mia was at a loss of words. She turned around and sprinted away, leaving the public to speculate what happened.
"Did Coldskin just punch that girl?"
"Do they have the same power? What are the chances!"
"Maybe she copied his power by grabbing his hand?"
"Feh! That's ridiculous! There's no such ability...you can't just copy the powers of others..."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Mia made her way home only to realize that she had a power. And of all powers, it had to be Coldskin's. She spent hours in front of the mirror, activating and deactivating it. The silver glow of her eyes never got old to look at. As she blinked and turned it off for the last time, she looked down at her hands. She was a copycat.

While watching the news that night, cooped up in her new, clean apartment, she came to a realization that maybe not everything was perfect in Keptro.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"...And with that, we come to the fact that the true heroes of this city, Zippety Zap, Crackshot McGee, and Kale are all hospitalized with peculiar conditions. Zip is completely paralyzed from the neck down, the Crackshot has lost her eyesight, and Kale is suffering from muscle atrophy that renders him incredibly weak. We're stuck with the weak hero Coldskin. And with the rising threat of the Qiera gang taking over the city slowly, we may be in for an incredibly dark future."

"Qiera Gang, huh? Well, if these heroes are heroes, and they're all in compromising situations, I guess that means I'm supposed to go and borrow their powers. Will they ever let me? I guess I'll go and find out, first thing tomorrow. For now, sleep."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The journey of Mia Steele starts here. Will she acquire every single superpower she can get her hands on and be the hero that Keptro needs, or will she set her sights on something else? Either way, one thing is clear. She wants to make a difference. This quest will focus on the journey of Mia Steele and her acquiring of several superpowers. How she uses them will be up to you to decide.

I Have Powers!
7:00 AM Saturday, September 11, 2018
251 Kaunsa Street, Apartment #81

The bedroom was clean, with bags pressed against the wall. The rest of the apartment was mostly untouched, save for a desk, where Mia had already moved her laptop onto, as well as her camera and the several lenses that stood upright there. Of course, a fancy camera wasn't even necessary nowadays, as everyone had a camera on their smartphone. Sunlight pierced through the thin blinds of the apartment building, shining onto the bundle of blankets on the bed.

Beep. Beep. Beep! BEEP! BEEP!

A hand thrusted itself from the mess of blankets and hit the top of the alarm clock, forcing it to cease its beeping. The hand began feeling around the blankets, finally grabbing a place and tossing them off the side of the bed. Behind the blankets lay a mess known as Mia Steele. An 18-year-old girl with medium length, dark brown hair that usually fell over her face, large amber eyes, and what could be described as an attractive body. Unfortunately, being attractive was really the only thing she had going for her. That and the power to copy other's powers, but who care about that? Finding things to do wasn't one of her strong suits.

"Damn, I have nothing to do today. Saturdays suck." Mia blinked and looked up at the ceiling. And that's when the memories of last night and the TV flew through her mind like a slideshow on playback. She bolted upright, thrusted her hand against the wall, and shouted. "I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THE HEROES' POWERS!"

As soon as she said that, there was a knock at her door. She lazily rolled out of bed, put on a coat, and opened the door. Much to her surprise, it was just the delivery boy with a piece of paper that looked like it was copied onto cheap paper.

"What's the meaning of this?"

The delivery boy shrugged. "I was supposed to hand out welcome cards to new-"

SLAM!

Mia closed the door and walked over to the kitchen, glaring at the welcome card. It made it look as if this crappy apartment was an interesting vacation resort. She tore it to pieces and tossed it in the garbage, then went off to look in the fridge. And of course...there was nothing.

"Nothing to eat! Great! That's really great!" Mia began to chuckle hysterically as she slammed the fridge shut and went back to the bedroom. She grabbed a pair of black jeans, put them on, and stormed out the front door. It was time to hit the city.

Upon walking into the city, she found that there was something off. Everyone was moving quicker than they were yesterday, and today was a Saturday. As Mia passed the dozens of closed shops on the streets, even the ones on the second floor, she realized that something was true.

The heroes were gone.

Zippety Zap, Crackshot McGee, and Kale. They weren't there to do anything. All that was left were shitty heroes like Coldskin-

"THERE YOU ARE!"
"AAAJSFKHLD!" Mia jumped and turned around. Speak of the devil.

Coldskin's walk was aggressive, and extremely unheroic. One could practically feel the rage fuming off of him as he walked towards Mia. "You, you little shit, you copied my powers! Where did you learn how to do that? Powers like that don't exist! Who the hell are you, and what the f-"

"I don't know what happened yesterday, okay?!" Mia found herself backing up towards the wall of a store, frantically trying to explain herself to Coldskin. Wait, why was she so afraid? She already found out yesterday that his punches were weak as shit.

"Explain, fucker, there is no way we can have the same powers! Everyone's different!" Coldskin didn't stop, even though Mia had nowhere to go. Once he was within an arm's length from her, the silver glow of his eyes illuminated Mia's face, like a cellphone on low brightness. "EXPLAIN!"

Should Mia tell the truth or tell him to fuck off?

1. "Hey! I'm not really sure! I can't explain! Can't you just leave me alone! You're a hero, aren't you?!"
2. "Get out of my face, you shouldn't complain. Your power is as weak as shit and completely useless. I have places to go."

[A/N: Hey there! You probably noticed that one choice is blue, and the other is red! While Mia is inherently a good person, you have a choice over what kind of good person she becomes. Is she going to be like a law-abiding superhero who stands for justice in all of its forms? Or is she going to be more like a does-whatever-type of anti-hero who isn't afraid to pick a fight with another shit-talking hero?]

Last edited:
Who does this little shit think he is? Talking to us like that! Time to show this "hero" what real powers are and the fact that we are not going to let him or anybody push us around. And, sometimes you just can't reason with some people.

Last edited:
Edgelord
Edgelord
"Hey! I'm not really sure! I can't explain! Can't you just leave me alone! You're a hero, aren't you?!" Mia shouted, raising both arms in front of her face to protect her in the event that Coldskin decided to attack. However, the impact she was waiting for never came. Coldskin was standing there, staring at her with anger in his eyes.

"You've never met someone with powers, have you?" The hero smirked, stepping back and crossing his arms."Let me tell you the difference between you and I. You were born with seemingly no powers. You seemed surprised when you copied my ability. On the other hand, I had these abilities since I was five years old. I found out that no normal man could hurt me. Interesting, huh?" Coldskin paused for a second. Mia opened her mouth to speak, only to be talked over by Coldskin once again. "I have to fight and struggle to get through life with this power. I lost the superpower lottery, but that doesn't make me weak. In fact, it's made me stronger. It's the reason I'm a hero, and you're just a worthless-"

"Pfft. Edgelord."
"..." Coldskin stepped back and scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Edgelord? I do not understand what you're trying to say."
"Yeah, man, you're a total edgelord. You're exaggerating a little bit, don't you think? Why can't you be like everyone else and just accept that you have a power?"

Coldskin stepped back even further, speechless for a second, then scoffed. "Trying to make me seem like the bad guy here are we now. Go read my profile online. You'll see how amazing of an hero I am. Now get out of my sight. I'm sure you'd rather copy from someone who doesn't have to work so hard."

Mia grinned, ignoring the last part entirely. "Finally, thanks!" She hastily made her way out of there, making sure she put enough distance between herself and Coldskin. Once she was a safe distance away, she felt secure enough to pull out her phone and search up "Coldskin" online. The results she got weren't too surprising. There were mostly news articles about small-town crimes that Coldskin stopped, at least until she stumbled upon a website called EXNT with the url www.exnt.gov/Coldskin.

Tap.

Name: Collin Wurst
Alias: Coldskin
Height: 5'9
Weight: 157 lbs
Ability: Shockshield - Wurst possesses the ability to protect his body against blunt trauma. With his power turned on, a second layer of invisible energy around his skin pushes outwards with 1,000 psi, allowing him to absorb the effect of punches and blunt trauma of equal or less force.

aGUTmXn.png

Kills: 0
Apprehensions: 5
Failures: 12

"Collin Wurst, huh? He definitely sounds like the worst. Anyways, good to know this website exists, right?" Mia spoke to nobody in particular, chuckling to herself. While she enjoyed looking at some fancy graph and learning Coldskin's real name was actually a sausage, she had stuff to do. Whatever was she going to do?

Mia continued walking down the street when she noticed a large white van with the letter Q painted on the side with blood-colored paint. There was a giant radar dish sitting on top of the van. Nobody else was around, however the sound of something hitting the ground reached Mia's ears.

Was something going on?

Should Mia investigate the alleyway or investigate the van?

1. Investigate the alleyway. Someone could seriously be in trouble and requiring Mia's help.
2. Investigate the van. Something's off about the van itself. First off, nobody paints one with acrylic paint.

[A/N: Hey! It's me again! Sometimes there will be a choice that won't affect what kind of person Mia turns out to become. These choices are purple in color. However, don't let your guard down! Some purples are more red than others, and others are more blue!]
B BlueClover Idea Idea YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud

Last edited:
At first I was thinking that we should check the van first, as they are probably connected. However, on second thought, while the van may be the source of whatever is happening, our first duty should be to make sure that no one is in trouble.

Also, can't believe you primed me with a real link then bamboozled me with this: upload_2018-1-2_17-39-57.png

Wait, it looks fine on my screen. Did you mean like, the English? Ohh fuuckk...I'll redo it.
No I actually mean that the letters are all blending with the background and I needed to select them to understand some sentences

Maybe it's because I'm on the night format?

In any case, I just managed to get a read, so I'll take 1 too. It seems the most logical as something is happening right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back