• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings All Your Powers (CONCLUDED & READABLE: For more info, PM! This may make a comeback!)

Sleepover II
All Your Powers
Sleepover Part II

"Rena? Um...get us to their van." Mia muttered softly, stepping back. Rena palmed the back of Mia's neck, pulled her forward, and slapped Karter's fingers. Before the man could fire a third bolt, the three disappeared from the house in a magenta mist.

"Wait, what?! Tsk. That girl's a teleporter. But...that's not possible." He turned around, only to see his own van and the glow of the street light. "Where the hell did they go. There's no way they've gone too far."

Immediately, the five men in red began walking around the area, looking for the three. None of them had checked inside the van, but two did go inside the house to see if they were hiding upstairs.

. . .

The three reappeared inside the back of the van. "Ugh, it stinks in here. Smells like sweaty men." Rena covered her mouth with the front of her shirt and started digging around, not knowing what anything was. She pulled out a strange metal device that looked like a fork, a standard shotgun, and finally a pistol with a blue chamber full of a very shiny liquid. "Karter, what's this?"

"Hm?" The redhead reached out to grab the gun. His eyes traveled to the barrel, which had an "µ" crudely engraved on the side.

He pressed the gun barrel, hard. "Rena." Karter's mouth twisted into a frown. "This is the same gun from before." He examined the gun for a few seconds, then flicked a switch on the side. The weapon whirred to life, illuminating the blue chamber. Before he could get any further with attempting to use the weapon, Mia reached for the weapon.

"Karter, have you ever seen what that weapon does? It doesn't look like a regular gun." She could've taken the gun from Karter, but he just moved his hand away and turned to Mia. Clearly angry, he pointed the weapon to the van's door.

"I don't know what it does, but it's clear that liquid inside is about the same as lead. We're fine if we shoot that fucker. No way he can block it." Karter pointed to the other weapons. "Guessing neither of you fired guns before. Rena can teleport bullets into those guys, but I guess you're fucked. Just gotta charge in normally with that Mass power of yours." He gave a chuckle, then squinted his eyes. A light glow lit up the door, but it wasn't the same color as Karter's eyes. Instead, it was red, and almost looked like it was burning the door.

"Alright, um...what are you doin-"
"Shh. He's tracing the lightning hero's bioelectrical signal." Rena emptied a magazine of bullets onto her hand, some of the casings spilling everywhere. She didn't seem to mind.

"Gotchya, motherf*cker." He pointed the gun straight at the door, and pulled the trigger.

A loud, flat crack resonated through the skyline as the liquid bullet flew through the air. Almost as soon as Karter fired, the man grunted and fell over. "Agh...f*ck...they're in the van. Dammit, they're in the van!"

A few seconds later, the men in red made their way towards the van, weapons drawn. Mia started rummaging through the van to see if she could find anything to use.

"They're coming here! I'll take one out." She lifted a single round, and pinched it. The round disappeared in a haze of purple. The assailant closest to the van raised his gun, only to fall over with a circular hole going through his head.

The four remaining gang members raised their guns to fire. Karter lifted a hand and prepared another bolt of lightning.

Guns! What now?
1. CHARGE! Not in a straight line, of course, but Trust's power offers a significant speed boost.
2. Copy Karter's power. It looks incredibly simple, but it will give Mia a means of ranged attack.
3. Mia uses Rena's power to teleport behind one of them, grabs the gun, and shoots that one before getting out of the way and letting Karter's attack take them down.
4. Mia attempts to use Trust's AND Rena's power at the same time? May be able to teleport and hit hard enough to knock them down all at once, IN THEORY.

B BlueClover Idea Idea YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud doggodaily doggodaily DailyRoLord DailyRoLord IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Aminora Aminora Shinobu the vampire-puppy Shinobu the vampire-puppy Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 Epiphany Epiphany Avatar Arvis Avatar Arvis

[A/N: I think I'm gonna take another break from this, for an indefinite period of time. I'll still be on RPN, I might participate in other stuff, but it just feels like the ideas that I'm coming up with for All Your Powers are becoming incredibly stale. I might have another Quest in the future, but as of now this one's going on hiatus.]​

I'll never say no to getting new powers. Plus, we should seize the moral high ground.
1uhysc.jpg

(Might generate repercussions with Karter later on, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it)

Heterochromia I
All Your Powers
Heterochromia I

BLAM!

A union of four firearms going off simultaneously rang through the air. Time seemed to move slowly in Mia's eyes, presumably from the heavy adrenaline, as she ducked behind a heavy piece of machinery, narrowly avoiding the bullets. She turned her head to the left, observing Rena's hands fly up in a twisted pattern. A flash of purple covered a single bullet as Rena forced it into the abyss. "Mia! What are you doing? Your power--"

"I'm gonna turn on two powers!" Mia blurted as she closed her eyes and took a breath.

"Have you gone crazy?! Now isn't the time for tricks!" Karter shouted, pointing his forefinger and middle finger at one of the men. He slung an arc of red lightning around his fingertips, sending it through the air at blinding speeds. One of the men fell down, with his body tensing up as the whip of lightning crackled around him. A rip appeared on Karter's jacket, followed by a dull crack in the skyline. Karter nearly crumpled to the ground. "Gh, sh*t! That burns! Mia, do whatever the f*ck-"

"Got it!" She turned around, standing up and opening her eyes. Her left eye glowed a blood red, and her right a sharper tone of pink. Her natural eye color was none but hidden in the duo of bright lights from her retinas. Mia opened her mouth to speak, but found she couldn't. There was a block in her throat. She drew in a breath. It felt like breathing through a straw. Large, elliptical and hyperbolic loops of reddish-purple energy radiated out from her body as she leapt over the torn section of van, approaching the men.

"What the hell?! That's a freak, even by our standards!" One of the men clenched his teeth and pointed his gun at Mia. "Shoot her down!" The remaining two gang members pointed their weapons at Mia, and nearly pressed the trigger when a voice rang out from behind them. "No. Don't shoot her, you degenerates! She's a heterochromatic, that's all! Her power is just like that!"

"F*ck! Rena!" Karter leapt forward, grabbing Rena's hand and pushing the both of them behind the solid wall to protect themselves from the power that Mia's body put out. "What the heck is she doing? I'll teleport us somewhere!" Rena tried to shout, but her voice was drowned out by the whooshing of air.

Mia finally mustered up the strength to speak with the last bit of breath that she could siphon through the tremendous air pressure differences generated by her newfound power. Simply moving the air from her mouth was like deadlifting. The end results, however, shocked Mia thoroughly.

"Leave!"

A wave of purple colored energy rolled from her mouth with immense force, tearing through the two remaining men's body armor before finally hitting the electricity-slinging squad leader. "ACK!" The man grunted as Mia's energy blast struck him square in the chest, knocking him several meters, back into Collin's house. As soon as Mia shouted, her body was also propelled in the opposite direction. She hit the back of the van with a solid crack. Her wrist hit the van first and crumpled against the metal, snapping in two parts inside the skin. PAIN shot through her arm, and, combined with the burning sensation in her lungs and oxygen deprivation, Mia tumbled forward and hit the ground. The energy waves around Mia slowly dissipated into the atmosphere as the world around her grew dimmer, and dimmer. The last thing she saw was Rena rushing toward her, followed by a red light indicating Karter shooting another bolt elsewhere.

An Unknown Length of Time Later...

"Mia..."

"Mia...."

"What? What do you want, Miss Barr? Can't you see I'm drawing here?" Mia looked up at her teacher and gave a pout, dropping the crayon from her hand. An aged woman with graying hair and heavy folds on her face looked back at Mia. The woman's eyes were sunken into her head, yet they seemed full of life. Some students even claimed Miss Barr's eyes could glow when she was angry.

"Oh, Mia. School ended an hour ago. Isn't your mom going to come pick you up?" The woman reached out to touch the back of the young girl's neck. Mia was small and appeared quite fragile. Thin strands of brown hair and uncut bangs covered her eyes for the most part. Miss Barr's simple touch caused Mia to jerk her head forward, letting out a soft "Uck!" as she bent forth.

"Mia." Miss Barr started, "You always refuse to call your mom. You let her come pick you up late. Why is that?" The woman's hands left Mia's head, allowing the young girl to turn. Mia pushed her hair out of her eyes. "Miss Barr, my mom is at work. She always runs late because her colleagues are difficult to work with. She doesn't want to put up with their nonsense, but-"

"Such big words for a third-grader! Nonsense? Those are working adults, you ought to respect them!" Miss Barr grit her teeth and clenched her fist, taking a menacing step toward Mia. The young girl didn't flinch. Instead, she just frowned. "It's nonsense, Miss Barr. She's the only woman firefighter in Ebeville, and all the others want is to take her out to lunch. This town sucks!"

"HOW DARE YOU?! Ebeville is a wonderful town! Quiet, out of the way of Keptro, Illaris, and other stupid big city names! Ebeville is the up and coming suburban town where everyone will want to move to once the other cities fall to the ground! Why can't you understand this, Mia?!" Miss Barr gave an almost animalistic growl, her face contorting into an angry glare. Her folded wrinkles seemed to multiply in lines and her sunken eyes nearly popped out of her head. The dark amber irises began to turn yellow. Mia shivered and began to feel and overwhelming presence.

"I'm leaving!" The girl shouted, and sprinted out the front door of the school, and out onto the street. Mia's head turned to the left as she observed the metal grating of a large truck speeding toward her, honking madly. She covered her face with her hands, bracing for impact-

Mia's eyes snapped open. The first thing she was greeted by was a blinding overhead light. She recoiled and shut them again, only to have pain shoot up her arm as the sensation of the needle poking through her skin hit her like a pinprick.

That was a dream. I never got hit by the truck in real life.

Mia opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Attempting to call a nurse was the least of Mia's worries. The burning sensation in her throat moved down to her stomach. A wave of nausea suddenly flooded through Mia's body. She rolled over and leaned over the far side of the bed, and let herself be sick for a few minutes.

"Mia?" A familiar woman's voice rang from behind. Mia turned around and burst into a somewhat silly and sarcastic grin. Elora stood at the doorway, clad fully in a hospital worker uniform. "Mia, you're awake! Thank god!" Elora hurried over to Mia and started checking the machines next to her. Mia could barely choke out the words, "E-Elora? Where are...they?"

Elora bit her lip as Mia asked the question, though her movements never faltered when checking the machines. "Who are they? You came in an ambulance, you were badly hurt, and you were alone. Some sort of energy beam hurt your body. Must be a new power you picked up. Are you alright? If you want, I can call them."

Mia glanced at her wrists. There was absolutely no evidence of her wrist even being broken in the first place when she fell. However, they were noticeably thinner, and her body felt extremely heavy. She looked over to the wall. Over fifty saline drip bags on racks stood, collected with numbers and labels. "How...when did I get here?"

"Two weeks ago. Now, can you tell me who "they" are?"

Shit...
1. "Nevermind, Elora. I was hallucinating when I tried to use that power. Coming to think of it, I don't really remember if anyone was with me. And I was out for two weeks?"
2. "Yeah. I was with a teenage girl named Rena and her friend, Karter. I don't know their last names, but I'm sure they're the ones that called the hospital for me. Was I really out for two weeks?"

Hey guys! All Your Powers is back! I've decided to give more attention to writing so it seems like I actually spend time writing this kind of stuff. Well, I hope you guys enjoy the Quest RP! There's a lot more to come and more to learn about the world of powers!

Last edited:
If we can't trust our allies, then we are truly alone. Plus we need all the help we can get against the Q Gang.

Heterochromia II
All Your Powers
Heterochromia II / Sharpshooter I

"Yeah. I was with a teenage girl named Rena and her friend, Karter. I don't know their last names, but I'm sure they're the ones that called the hospital for me. Was I really out for two weeks?" Mia couldn't express her surprise through her voice alone. Two weeks had just vanished, and it wasn't like Mia could simply pick up her life as it left off. Fourteen days ago, an incident took place at Collin Wurst's house.

"They were? That's strange." Elora pushed a loose, untied strand of hair behind her ear. "The ambulance came from the hills. You were the only one there, save for another injured person, a male. And his name wasn't Karter nor Rena." She glanced at Mia's vitality monitors one last time before taking a step back and looking back at Mia. The girl seemed shaken. Mia's eyes stayed widened, then narrowed. Her mouth twisted into a frown, then into a bitter scowl. "Who...who was it?"

"I can't disclose his nam-"

"Elora! That man is dangerous! He's the reason Karter and Rena had to bail! He's the one that attacked us!" Mia bolted upright as the monitors and electrodes ripped off of her skin, leaving reddened, stinging circles. Elora didn't make a move. She pressed her wrists together and held them up, as though she was bound. "My hands are tied. He's a registered Anomaly, that much I can tell you. Speaking of registering..."

As Elora prepared to ask the next question, Mia threw her hands up and cupped them over her face. "Elora...I don't want to register. You've seen what I've done. And I've heard stories...too."

"From Karter and Rena?" Elora shook her head. "They wouldn't know a thing about the world of the empowered. EXNet is the only thing holding it together, and superheroes like Crackshot and Zippety are the only ones with enough ability to do a thing. So, please, Mia. I know these friends are important to you, but I trust you'll do the right thing. Come on." She stepped over to Mia and extended her hand out.

Mia peeked through the crack between her fingers to see Elora's hand. It was certainly like looking at something out of a dream. Elora's hand looked as smooth as cream, without a cut or crack in sight. It radiated an aura of calm, similar to the woman it belonged to. Mia lowered her hands from her face, then placed hers on Elora's. She looked up at the woman in nurse attire through teary eyes and tightened her grip on her hand. "T-Two...weeks, and I don't know where my friends went-"

Before Mia could finish, Elora sat on the bed and wrapped her arms around Mia. She placed her hand behind Mia's neck and, for a long five minutes, cradled her like a mother would hold their child after a traumatic experience. Mia could feel the warmth, and simply let the tears out. She clutched Elora by the uniform and sobbed for a good few minutes, and not just for the last 14 days that she'd missed. It was the whole ordeal over the last month or so. Moving to Keptro, meeting Coldskin on her first day, getting punched by Coldskin on her first day. Meeting Trust, meeting Elora. Almost being charred to a crisp by Karter. Meeting Rena. Becoming bankrupt. And most importantly, that lightning cockhead. He ruined everything! He attacked two unregistered, who couldn't do anything.

***​
"Hell. What kind of sob shit is this?" A piercing, hawk-like blue stare glazed over Mia and Elora on the hospital bed. It had been six minutes since Stone heard them stop talking, and the girl's sobbing. He crossed his massive, muscular arms and leaned against the doorframe. "Elora, we're here for business." The man spoke in a deep, articulate tone, and had a very confident voice. He matched Karter in height, but looked a fair bit stockier. He was definitely someone Mia wouldn't want to pick a fight with.

"Stone!" Elora released Mia and bolted upright, glaring at the large man. Mia observed Elora; no fear. They knew each other. Or Elora was just that crazy and thought she could heal everything. Mia withdrew to her corner of the bed while Stone made his way to Elora in a brisk walk. Each step rattled the equipment a little bit. He stopped as soon as he reached Elora. "'Sup. I'm not here to watch you coddle patients, I'm here for Crackshot. Sorry hun, we're on hero biz."

"I'm sorry? Elora, are you really? I thought you didn't like heroes and villains." Mia piped up from the corner on the bed, straightening a little bit so she wouldn't appear as small.
"I don't. This is for something else." Elora turned back to Mia. "I'm a healer. I have to heal others wherever I can, good or not."

With that, Elora followed the muscular guy to the next room. Mia slid off the bed and followed them as well, though at a slower pace. She had to see what this was all about. Crackshot was one of the names of the heroes that she'd heard of first. Did they have anything to do with this man, Stone? Mia pressed her hand against the wall and limped her way to the room where the two were.

Turning the corner a second later, Mia caught glimpse of what lay in the hospital bed. It wasn't a who, it was a what. A mess of blood-stained needles, moldy electrodes, and charred bedsheets lay in a crumpled heap upon the gurney. Elora and Stone both didn't move. They stood there and stared at the chaos.

"How did this happen? Isn't Crackshot a sniper?" Elora reached out to touch the residual blood on the needles. Stone grabbed her arm and lowered it slowly.
"Elora. They call her Crackshot for another reason. As far as I know..." Stone's eyes darted around the room as he began taking in all this information. "The bitch hasn't touched a gun in her life."

Blood of a superhuman! But at the same time, there might be more pressing matters.
1. Mia goes forward and grabs one of the needles by the shaft. Theoretically, the blood on the needles have a chance of transferring Crackshot's power to Mia's body. It's very obvious Crackshot is a very powerful anomaly.
2. Mia alerts the others in the room about the lightning man that attacked her. Getting a new power at the risk of raising some questions isn't nearly as important as letting them know that the hospital was currently harboring a criminal, and not a victim of attack.

EXTRA: A Brainy Bullet: Crackshot

A crack resonated through the skyline, loud enough to alert nearby neighborhoods that something went above, but not loud enough to alert the whole city. It may have very easily been a supersonic aircraft. However, the object in question at the source of the sound was moving much, much faster and was nigh untraceable. It moved toward the large campus that sat just outside the boundaries of Keptro.

The first to notice the flying object was the guard who sat in the watchtower of the EXNet campus. He was enjoying a particularly pleasant doughnut. Warm jelly dripped out of the soft dough and onto his fingers, only for him to greedily shove his digits into his already full mouth, then suck on them hard enough to make them go numb. As he swallowed the last bits of doughnut and jelly and his fingers clean, he looked off into the horizon to observe a small object growing bigger.

The guard's hand dropped out of his mouth, trailing a sticky thread of saliva from his mouth. The object was much, much larger than a bullet, or any sort of artillery. It had a face, and had a trapezoidal trail behind its body. The object grew exponentially for a couple of seconds, warranting the guard to reflexively throw his hands up in the air and cover his face.

A strange sound, similar to air hitting fire was muffled by the glass. Nothing was destroyed. The only thing that trickled into the building was a pale purple light, radiating off the object. The guard, upon feeling this purple glow on his face, lowered his arms and looked forward. His jaw nearly dropped when he observed what stood before him.

A silhouette of a muscled woman in a skin-tight suit hovered in front of the window. None of the features could be distinguished, except for the hair blowing in the wind, and of course, two brightly glowing, purple eyes.

Pretty sure they already know what we are dealing with, and the chance to gain such a powerful power doesn't materialize that often. I doubt we could get close enough to copy the power from the super directly, so we will have to settle for the next best thing.

As much as I usually advocate to gain new powers, I have to go with 2. For the simple reason that I think we've already acquired a power EXACTLY like that one (another lightning/ranged power) and because raising hostility right now while we're down, injured and just came out of a coma might be a lot less successful than spreading the word. Furthermore, who knows what we mihgt hear from those other people, even if we fail to convince them?

Edit: Actually I'll go with 1 too I was mistaken

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back