• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic All That Remains

Whatever minute radiation still exists, they're able to tolerate because they grew up on a Space Station >_> Tricky tricky!

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Whatever minute radiation still exists, they're able to tolerate because they grew up on a Space Station >_> Tricky tricky!

[/QUOTE]
Well. Other than radiation, turbulence might have led to some dizziness but it's been a day. So yeah, I doubt the effects are noticeable by now, there might be some slight staggers(especially in my character who has yet to move)

No guys I meant bacterial diseases that they have never encountered or developed an immunity to. Huh. I'm surprised they didn't do that in the show.

Well - because they originally CAME from earth, they would have vaccines and such up in the Station, so at least the really bad ones would be taken care of. Plus, earth kind of got a reboot, when it was nuked. xD

But that's what I'm saying. All the old diseases were either wiped out or screwed up from the radiation. If the Earth was blasted with that much radiation than you can be sure that all the diseases mutated into much different diseases, and immunization to diseases is by no means genetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah but how useful would be 100 year old immunization shots? Even the shots we receive every season change from season to season, and the diseases now on the ground are not the same at all to the ones 100 years ago. Hey, let me know if you want me to let this topic go but I think it could be a good plot point, kinda like Jamestown.

I'm imagining that this far down the line the medical field is a little more developed than we are now - At least that's my best guess. It's not really a story arc I'm planning to use at this current time, but I won't write it off completely.

If you were to say that the people from the station were genetically engineering to have super good immune systems, that would fix the problem and also none of the kids would ever get allergies or infections and all wounds would heal quickly, so we could say that if you want to avoid the disease issue (genetic engineering is relatively simple in theory and it would've given the station people a huge advantage, so it's plausible.)

I know on the series the idea what that their tolerance sort of... evolved on it's own up in Space. That's sort of the idea I'm going for, here.

Here is a fact : Less than 1% of all bacteria is harmful to humans.

Another fact is, virus mutate often but most people have a natural resistance to these viruses, that is, generally your body knows how to rid these viruses. It's why you can go your entire life while coming in contact with the flu virus, and never develop the flu.

All that's to say, it isn't safe to assume that the time between the nuclear fall out and "now" is enough to warrant the assumption that these Terrestirial beings would suffer from sickness that would be big enough to be a plot. No more so than if this was a modern roleplay and everyone caught the flu.

That's just my nickel .

._. um, okay. I would like to say, though, for the record. I've taken 2 years of microbiology and I know my fair share about virology, It used to be a huge dream of mine to become a genetic engineer focusing on virology (' :) ) Bruh I could tell you some interesting things about the two of those mixed together like how to build a super soldier using a virus but ANYWAY. I'M DROPPING THE TOPIC NOW BECAUSE BECAUSE OKAY.... just....science........Okay

sorry I brought it up ( :( )

Argumentum ad Verecundiam

I would like to say, I literally just for the hell of it, performed a lit review and read through several scientific journals/articles on the subject, to come to the conclusion in my previous post. It's part of what I get paid to do u.u Research.

But hey if you're going to drop the topic, (^-^)-b

Bruh chill, didn't mean to start anything okay? I was only trying to subtly hint at a plot point and then we started talking science and i'll admit, I get a bit carried away when it comes to biology but bruh. You did not need to read several scientific journals/articles on the subject. It's fine, it's all good.

tumblr_inline_n7yrbn7FyW1qaioay.jpg

I've been so busy these last two weeks, I can't gauge how active I can be in this RP yet but I don't want to drop out. I'm usually not this busy, I'm going to try and set Sundays as the day I'll definitely post, but the other days I can't promise.

@Kharmin, @MrWeirdbraxto - Hope I'm not being obnoxious! Just wanna see if you're posting this time around before we move on. :)

OH! And Venge - no worries. It's only once a week posting requirement anyhow! Sunday is fine :)

And sorry I missed you. Wasn't getting notifs for the OOC for some reason >_<

Do we authors know what it's like outside? Time of year? Temperature? Climate? Time of day? Terrain of the landing site? I ask so that we'll all be consistent in our descriptions.

I wrote what season it was in the settings tab, I believe. It's early afternoon, sunny and warm. Eastern US, so woodsy terrain. Basically, they've landed in a massive forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back