• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π˜Όπ™‘𝙑 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 π™‚π™‘π™žπ™©π™©π™šπ™§π™¨β€¦.π™Šπ™Šπ˜Ύ

Main
Here
Characters
Here

a z u l a

these violent delights have violent ends.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
welcome to the Not All That Glitters Is Gold ooc! feel free to pitch your character ideas and start brainstorming, or ask any questions you may have!
eventually ooc will move to Discord once the final cast is selected.

Important Info
- the current group dynamic is this: Vera (Athena written by azula), Wyatt (Hephaestus written by mi casa), Spencer (Icarus written by .moonchild.), and Juliet (Arachne written by archangel) are friends who went to the same New York preparatory boarding school. Cleo (Persephone written by mi casa), Chrissy (Aphrodite written by .moonchild.), Nathaniel (Heracles written by archnangel), and Abe (Dionysus written by azula) didn’t meet the friend group until starting at Harvard.
- β€œfriend” group is a loose term, some of these people merely hangout because of their family names and influences. there should be drama within and outside of the group.
- your character doesn’t necessarily have to be filthy rich, but they do have to make sense to attend Harvard. They either have to be rich, talented. or smart enough to have made their way in. I’m even open to a few people having the same secret that their parents paid off the admissions office.
- when creating a character and secrets, please keep in mind that these are very flawed people. they should have damning secrets and past mistakes that could have serious consequences. they aren’t necessarily evil or bad people, but they are morally grey at best. maybe they are trying to change their life around now, but there has to be at least something in their recent past that makes them a target of the anonymous blogger.
- I’m not opposed to overlapping secrets (paid for admission, cheated on an exam, etc) but please make sure you check with the other person who has the same secret and get their approval.
- I have created a tumblr that I will be using to post as thedelphiprophet so it will be highly interactive and fun!

The Secrets

Vera Diaz/Athena - expunged DUI charge, her corrupt defense lawyer father's criminal activity, cheated on an exam, minor illegal Adderall usage.
Cleo Laurier/Persephone - sleeping with her English professor, got sent to Korea after she recorded her friends beating up a girl in her freshman year of high school who was talking shit about her to the point the girl had to go to the hospital and her parents paid the girls family off so they wouldn’t sue.
Abe Suwan/Dionysus - drug dealer, illegal street racing, general whore activities.
Spencer Kettani/Icarus - parents are on the rocks, he has an older brother in jail that no one talks about AND he was a past addict (and may relapse).
Chrissy Walsh/Aphrodite - alcoholism, doesn’t come from a rich family and is β€œfaking it til she makes it”.
Juliet O’Shea/Arachne - hit and run, varsity blues admission, extorting newspaper to promote drama department.
Nate Gardner/Heracles - beat up and near fatally wounded ex football captain to get the position (guy was also seeing nates little sister).
Wyatt Cromwell/Hephaestus - born poor, lived with his rich uncle for a while and he’s the reason he even got into Harvard, turns out he’s actually the uncles son and he and his mom were having an affair the entire time.

Last edited:
ok so i don’t exactly have everything figured out which is why i said tentative interest, but for secrets β€” here’s my list.

male role;
β€’ parents gave a middle class family hush money because he impregnated a woman who came from β€œthe wrong side of the tracks.”
β€’ became an addict after a freak accident and sleeps with his doctor for prescription refills.
β€’ father accesses private information from low income families to forcefully surrender their property & blackmails them with false accusations to maintain that prosperous lifestyle for his family.
β€’ mother makes private donations to harvard university (expansion of school libraries, new textbooks, distribution of personal laptops for every student, etc.) to keep her son enrolled/tosses out exams he has failed.

let me know if these secrets are okay & which ones are better than the other, if they stick out!!

** will more than likely go for hades or zeus.

Last edited:
hello hello hello! planning on making Apollo i think..
as for secrets, not sure if this will be the same as 'general whore activities' listed above but was thinking that his mum has a charity and is basically pimping him to much older women or men or practically anyone just to make them 'pledge' and join the events. ironically, the charity is to help out less fortunate kids.
he also had an affair with a member of the board who has lots of connections making it easier for him to get into the university. he practically only had to show up and fill out some papers in order for him to start.

this is so excitingggg. just right off the bat, probably going to make artemis.

i'm thinking she's an olympian athlete in track & field whose step-father is a well-known coach. he also heads the track & field team at harvard. she is obsessed with staying at the top and remaining team captain (definitely an artemis thing), so much so that she will sabotage her other team members just so that she doesn't have competition. she is also an avid steroid user so that she can remain fit for competitions. in fact, her father is typically the one who buys her it (just to keep her at the top of her game), especially since she is his main money maker and success story. in other words, he definitely objectifies her. since she focuses on sports most of the time, her step-father also pays off her professors to let her pass without her doing much in class. all she has to do is pretend she's doing stuff to get the credit. her mom is just riding off her success too and kinda forces her to have this "everything is fine. if anything is going wrong, it's all in your head" mentality just to keep her trapped in this career and for her to keep her status.

Wow, it's amazing with such a little description I am already intrigued to see everyone's characters!

Now, regarding my character, I think I am leaning to do a character based on Hestia, which has the archetype of a virgin goddess, thinking of having my girl around that idea. You know the typical story of that girl looking to prude, but guess what she is not. So basically her facade of waiting until marriage is a complete lie. And maybe thinking of adding her having a pregnancy, but after knowing the news her parents made this whole fake story to make it seem it was her sibling.

Probably knowing how Hestia wasn't really involved in the problems of the Olympus it would be fun to throw some kind of bullying story behind.

This is still a rough idea of my character, but I promise everything is going to make more sense once my character is completely done lol

i'm love all of the ideas so far! hopefully the Character Sheet thread I posted will help you with your ideas. Athena/Vera, Dionysus/Abe, and Arachne/Juliet are completed and can be used as examples for creating your own.

ok so i don’t exactly have everything figured out which is why i said tentative interest, but for secrets β€” here’s my list.

male role;
β€’ parents gave a middle class family hush money because he impregnated a woman who came from β€œthe wrong side of the tracks.”
β€’ became an addict after a freak accident and sleeps with his doctor for prescription refills.
β€’ father accesses private information from low income families to forcefully surrender their property & blackmails them with false accusations to maintain that prosperous lifestyle for his family.
β€’ mother makes private donations to harvard university (expansion of school libraries, new textbooks, distribution of personal laptops for every student, etc.) to keep her son enrolled/tosses out exams he has failed.

let me know if these secrets are okay & which ones are better than the other, if they stick out!!

** will more than likely go for hades or zeus.
would love to see hades or zeus! a hush hush pregnancy would be unique for sure. i think since we already have someone sleeping with a professor and a drug addict the second option isn't my favorite, but i'm not opposed to it. the first and third one are the most unique, but the fourth one fits in with everyone else as well, it could be a "minor" secret of his since everyone else is doing it.
hello hello hello! planning on making Apollo i think..
as for secrets, not sure if this will be the same as 'general whore activities' listed above but was thinking that his mum has a charity and is basically pimping him to much older women or men or practically anyone just to make them 'pledge' and join the events. ironically, the charity is to help out less fortunate kids.
he also had an affair with a member of the board who has lots of connections making it easier for him to get into the university. he practically only had to show up and fill out some papers in order for him to start.
this is definitely much different than Abe's "whore activities" 😭 his own MOTHER? jail, immediately. i think it's a super interesting secret for sure!
this is so excitingggg. just right off the bat, probably going to make artemis.

i'm thinking she's an olympian athlete in track & field whose step-father is a well-known coach. he also heads the track & field team at harvard. she is obsessed with staying at the top and remaining team captain (definitely an artemis thing), so much so that she will sabotage her other team members just so that she doesn't have competition. she is also an avid steroid user so that she can remain fit for competitions. in fact, her father is typically the one who buys her it (just to keep her at the top of her game), especially since she is his main money maker and success story. in other words, he definitely objectifies her. since she focuses on sports most of the time, her step-father also pays off her professors to let her pass without her doing much in class. all she has to do is pretend she's doing stuff to get the credit. her mom is just riding off her success too and kinda forces her to have this "everything is fine. if anything is going wrong, it's all in your head" mentality just to keep her trapped in this career and for her to keep her status.
the secret definitely fits Artemis well! i love the idea of her sabotaging her own teammates, that's SUPER juicy. she and Vera/Athena would either love or hate each other.
Wow, it's amazing with such a little description I am already intrigued to see everyone's characters!

Now, regarding my character, I think I am leaning to do a character based on Hestia, which has the archetype of a virgin goddess, thinking of having my girl around that idea. You know the typical story of that girl looking to prude, but guess what she is not. So basically her facade of waiting until marriage is a complete lie. And maybe thinking of adding her having a pregnancy, but after knowing the news her parents made this whole fake story to make it seem it was her sibling.

Probably knowing how Hestia wasn't really involved in the problems of the Olympus it would be fun to throw some kind of bullying story behind.

This is still a rough idea of my character, but I promise everything is going to make more sense once my character is completely done lol
Hestia finally getting the attention she deserves! A "virgin goddess" with a former pregnancy is a very interesting concept for sure.

On the fence about joining but my picks would one of the three:

Cassandra: Expunged assault charges because "nobody believed them" about being bullied
Pandora: Deliberately sabotaged their stepdad's political campaign by leaking information about his affair with their mom (among other things) to the press
Medusa: Extensive plastic surgery, name change, basically wiped background to separate them from their old background

I'm not sure if characters need multiple secrets but I figured that I'd go with one that's on theme for each of them before moving forward.

after some brainstorming, I have a tentative idea for the goddess hera. is rough ideas atm but let me know what you guys think!! tried to make several nods to the myths surrounding her.

• she represents a girl who didn’t come from much but was essentially coerced into dating a boy from a powerful and rich family. the boy was well, not the best, cheating on her constantly and left her wondering if the relationship was worth it. quite complex relationship - he seems to enjoy having power over her with his wealth.
  • when she attempted to get out of the relationship her mother (knew about the cheating but frankly didn’t care, prioritising money over her love) urged her not to as she could not afford for her to attend harvard (while she is independent and intelligent - she wasn’t rich). so, she kept his secrets hidden as the shame of everyone finding out her partner cheats on her. would even cover for him sometimes which would make it even more embarrassing. plus, the lavish lifestyle it allowed didn’t hurt.
  • the two pretend everything is all good between them as they both have something to lose but she knew well enough that if the secret comes out who it it will hurt more.
  • since she couldn’t take her anger out on him, after he became angry and threatened to take her out of harvard with a flick of the wrist. she decided she would take it out on whoever he hooked up with, ranging from harmless pranks to vindictive, horrible things. one that even left to the expulsion of one girl and led to her overdosing.
  • recently found herself pregnant but couldn’t bare the idea of having his child that she knew she would resent. was a very hard decision to make as she
  • has been slyly stealing his family’s money and even his mother’s jewellery to not only help her family out but to make sure she has a plan of escape.
  • may add some more juicy secrets as they come to my mind

after some brainstorming, I have a tentative idea for the goddess hera. is rough ideas atm but let me know what you guys think!! tried to make several nods to the myths surrounding her.

• she represents a girl who didn’t come from much but was essentially coerced into dating a boy from a powerful and rich family. the boy was well, not the best, cheating on her constantly and left her wondering if the relationship was worth it. quite complex relationship - he seems to enjoy having power over her with his wealth.
  • when she attempted to get out of the relationship her mother (knew about the cheating but frankly didn’t care, prioritising money over her love) urged her not to as she could not afford for her to attend harvard (while she is independent and intelligent - she wasn’t rich). so, she kept his secrets hidden as the shame of everyone finding out her partner cheats on her. would even cover for him sometimes which would make it even more embarrassing. plus, the lavish lifestyle it allowed didn’t hurt.
  • the two pretend everything is all good between them as they both have something to lose but she knew well enough that if the secret comes out who it it will hurt more.
  • since she couldn’t take her anger out on him, after he became angry and threatened to take her out of harvard with a flick of the wrist. she decided she would take it out on whoever he hooked up with, ranging from harmless pranks to vindictive, horrible things. one that even left to the expulsion of one girl and led to her overdosing.
  • recently found herself pregnant but couldn’t bare the idea of having his child that she knew she would resent. was a very hard decision to make as she
  • has been slyly stealing his family’s money and even his mother’s jewellery to not only help her family out but to make sure she has a plan of escape.
  • may add some more juicy secrets as they come to my mind
PLEASE I LOVE THIS !!!! Give me my queen Hera

putting it out there that jesse is still incomplete, but i'm hoping to have his backstory at least started and maybe even finished by the end of the day! all the rest is there, however.

On the fence about joining but my picks would one of the three:

Cassandra: Expunged assault charges because "nobody believed them" about being bullied
Pandora: Deliberately sabotaged their stepdad's political campaign by leaking information about his affair with their mom (among other things) to the press
Medusa: Extensive plastic surgery, name change, basically wiped background to separate them from their old background

I'm not sure if characters need multiple secrets but I figured that I'd go with one that's on theme for each of them before moving forward.
As much as I love Medusa I would say the secret is too similar to Aphrodite’s. The others sound fine!

PLEASE I LOVE THIS !!!! Give me my queen Hera
eee thanks!! hopefully can get her done over the next few days! might make her quite friendly and nice as most of the characters are mean hotties, but goddamn is she vindictive, jealous and a giant hypocrite 😭

these are just some ideas that I have for my character! i’ll definitely be coming up with more scandalous secrets for theodora!

anais laurelle keating

• was given the alias nemesis, greek goddess of divine retribution and vengeance.
  • pushed a tutor down the stairs and caused him to break both his arm and leg. she then proceeded to beat him with a wooden own ruler. she’d seen him swat at her brother during a lesson.
  • found out that her father was cheating on her mother and that he had a secret family. theodora had pictures of him and his mistress taken and plastered all over social media and his place of business to see.
  • at the same time her revenge went too far. seeing that the mistress held no remorse for her actions she had her house robbed. a mix up with the plan led to her half brother being shot.

Last edited:
i planned on implementing this into his backstory (but not as a secret) but i’m wondering if it would make another good secret for my character as well.

i was thinking of making jesse the β€œdo-over” baby for his parents. valerie simmons (jesse’s older sister) was supposed to be the original face of the simmons family name. however, she was born handicapped (haven’t decided in what way though, but more than likely it’ll be an cognitive impairment). because of their first born’s disability, they kind of thought to sweep her under the rug and keep her out of the media, making jesse the face of the simmons line, since they think of her as incapable and as the β€œweak link.”

note: jesse, however, doesn’t treat her that way. instead, he puts valerie on a pedestal. eventually, he wants to be her primary caregiver as well when he abandons the simmons toxic family line.

i planned on implementing this into his backstory (but not as a secret) but i’m wondering if it would make another good secret for my character as well.

i was thinking of making jesse the β€œdo-over” baby for his parents. valerie simmons (jesse’s older sister) was supposed to be the original face of the simmons family name. however, she was born handicapped (haven’t decided in what way though, but more than likely it’ll be an cognitive impairment). because of their first born’s disability, they kind of thought to sweep her under the rug and keep her out of the media, making jesse the face of the simmons line, since they think of her as incapable and as the β€œweak link.”

note: jesse, however, doesn’t treat her that way. instead, he puts valerie on a pedestal. eventually, he wants to be her primary caregiver as well when he abandons the simmons toxic family line.
I think that’s a super realistic secret to have and would definitely be interesting to explore. just make sure the subject is handled properly and realistically!

Hi a z u l a a z u l a sorry for bothering you, but I am working on my cs and I have some doubts and I was hoping you could help me figure them out πŸ˜…

In terms of the degree that they are studying and knowing that the rp is set at Harvard. Would you prefer that I stick with the degrees that the university offers irl or I can have the freedom of choosing any degree? Because my idea was to have her study fashion design, but after checking the degrees that Harvard offers, fashion design is nowhere to be found.

And the second was also that I was thinking of having my girl be part of the boarding school, would it be viable that she went away to study abroad like in her senior year or something so it would make sense the whole story of her hiding her pregnancy or if not I can come up with something else!

I think that’s a super realistic secret to have and would definitely be interesting to explore. just make sure the subject is handled properly and realistically!
absolutely! realism is my fortΓ© when it comes to subjects such as special needs children. i have real life experiences with it, so i know what’s appropriate to incorporate. i’d just thought to run it by you first! thanks again! <3

omg i'm so glad i stumbled upon this, it sounds so coooool!! i'm probs gonna try and brainstorm some ideas tonight so hopefully my brain comes up with something

Hi a z u l a a z u l a sorry for bothering you, but I am working on my cs and I have some doubts and I was hoping you could help me figure them out πŸ˜…

In terms of the degree that they are studying and knowing that the rp is set at Harvard. Would you prefer that I stick with the degrees that the university offers irl or I can have the freedom of choosing any degree? Because my idea was to have her study fashion design, but after checking the degrees that Harvard offers, fashion design is nowhere to be found.

And the second was also that I was thinking of having my girl be part of the boarding school, would it be viable that she went away to study abroad like in her senior year or something so it would make sense the whole story of her hiding her pregnancy or if not I can come up with something else!
I do not care at all if you make up degrees that Harvard doesn’t offer lol, I was worried about that exact thing happening when I picked Harvard as the university so go wild honestly. Fashion Design fits perfectly into the vibe I’m going for so we can pretend Harvard has a program.

As for boarding school and studying abroad, yes that’s totally fine!

lol okay so i only have one idea so far but i'm probs gonna try to think of a couple more just in case

Ares:
Son of a famously violent serial killer. This heritage has been a secret that his mother had done her best to keep well under wraps. Up until his senior year of high school, Ares was blissfully unaware (as was his "father", until an anonymous sender dropped off a paternity test at their front door). Considering giving this character a history of disturbing "outbursts", an heir to a multi-million dollar company only because his so-called father does not want to be embarrassed by the secrets of his wife's infidelity.

Said company will probably be a weapons manufacturing company that has close ties to the government. Ares himself will be dealing with the inner turmoil of not knowing if he destined to be a violent monster. He often gets anonymous notes that he believes are from his father.​

I also have considered making a character who 'accidentally' killed her twin sister at a young age, and simply has taken on her identity. No one knows this happened, mostly because her sister was always the favored amongst the pair, and the jealousy made her lose control. I'm honestly just unsure of who would be the best alias for this kind of character.

to bounce off this, I could instead make this character kill their twin for their spot in harvard. a long-standing rivalry and always being the shadow despite her own successes may make her break, after receiving her rejection letter? idk lol still thinkin

I think my Orpheus is some sort of a con artist, very smart and gifted. He's going to school to fulfill his grandfather's last wish, who had gone to Harvard himself and didn't do anything with it. He's using his actual name, which is a big deal for him since he doesn't want to be outed as a scoundrel to his peers and the administration of the school. He's also well known for his underground singing persona, which is his real passion. Like, if he revealed his identity, he'd make it big. But, he's studying computer science.

My pitch is that he starts to work with the main cast to find the blogger, out of fear of being outed for his past crimes and having sympathy for the exposed.

his background is more wordy then i wanted it to be, which is why i underlined what i think are the most important parts. but, jesse is completed! let me know if there's anything else that needs to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back