• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All In The Family - (Reboot-Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Veronica Auri Rhodes
6:54 AM
Veronica hung out for a moment outside the door, letting the smoke smell dissipate before she entered the house. She flashed a forced smile to her mom, thankful She was up because she needed to talk to her, but she didn't really want to with everyone else around. Taking off her jacket, she slid over to the table, hanging it on the back of one of the chairs. Afterwards, she went to go grab a plate of breakfast.
TF81 TF81 Geozaki Geozaki Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift J Jules8008

21c6wdd.png
'That's alright, Riley. I've made enough of these in my day to take care of it.' Julia replied to her middle child, before catching a glimpse of the door opening. twins came in from outside, which was a bit surprising. Why anyone would want to be out taking a walk at this hour and in this weather, she had no idea.

Anthony was the first in, immediately signing out a sentence that began with a simile that... didn't really translate well into ASL, but it didn't matter because he soon explained that he'd gotten up early (which was obvious, noting that it wasn't even 7:00 yet). She laughed out loud a bit, waving a hello to her oldest son. 'I'm shocked! Well, did you and Veronica get a chance to eat yet?' She couldn't help but notice that Veronica seemed a little on edge... this wasn't unusual, but somehow Julia hoped she'd be willing to talk a little later.

2m4rjn9.png

'Oh... well, that's an even dumber thing to argue about.' Dan was able to quickly shrug off his misunderstanding, after lightly elbowing Riley to get her to stop laughing. He looked back down at his empty plate, running a hand through his hair. It was mind-boggling, from his perspective, how all this drama could arose from something so silly. Dan didn't really give a crap about drama, but then again, twelve-year-olds rarely did.

The twins walked back in, one after the other. Dan tilted back in his chair, waving wildly at them as if they'd been missing for weeks. Neither seemed to pay much mind to the goings-on of the room. Veronica slid down into a chair, dropping her jacket on the back of it. As soon as she did so, Daniel noticed something odd about it. He gingerly pulled one sleeve to his face, breathing in suspiciously before dropping it and giving her a sharp nudge. 'This smells like the cornerstore.' Perhaps it had something to do with the absence of one sense, or the fact that his brain ran at 150 miles an hour, but Dan was always had a really good sense of smell and attention to detail. Surely, his older sister hadn't though he wouldn't notice...

FireMaiden FireMaiden Geozaki Geozaki TF81 TF81 Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
6:54 AM
FireMaiden FireMaiden Geozaki Geozaki Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
Anthony snickered a bit at his mother's signed comment about her shock, He took off his jacket & put it over the handles of his wheelchair, He then caught his mother's question regarding breakfast. 'No, not yet.' He signed, He also forgot to take his medication, 'After I'm done, I gotta go take my medication. I woke up feeling hazy this morning & it slipped my mind.' He signed & explained verbally. 'I hope she doesn't ask why we were outside.' He thought. He went over & grabbed a plate of breakfast and went back to the table & began to dig in. This isn't how he pictured his day starting, A conversation that now makes him feel like he's a criminal Veronica's his accomplice, Lilly's the Innocent bystander, And Riley's the person who has the power to report it.

Veronica Auri Rhodes
6:59 AM
Veronica gabe her mom a quick smike, before sitting her plate end at the table, while giving Dan an odd look. She had caught him out of the corner of her eye doing something to her jacket, and when he nudged her it confirmed it. He could smell the smoke on it, which made her quickly pick it up, and take it into the living room, tossing it on the couch before returning to the kicthen. 'The guy I babysat for smokes, dont worry about it," She signed to him, before she quickly dropped the subject and turned to her breakfast. Sitting down, she began eating quickly, because She hadn't actually realized how hungry she was.
TF81 TF81 Geozaki Geozaki Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift J Jules8008

Last edited:
Aurelia-Miray Rhodes
7:00AM

With a quick look onto her phone, Aurelia confirmed that it's now 7am in the morning. Is she used to stand up this early on a Sunday? No. Normally she sleeps until 10am and then decides to grab fast food. She decided to be social today and did not leave the kitchen. Maybe mom has something to announce, or her siblings. Knowing them, they probably plan something mischievous right now. "Well, what's the plan for today? Something special?" Or can she just hang around today and look at stuff to order she will never wear? Both are good plans honestly. You can never have enough clothes!

FireMaiden FireMaiden TF81 TF81 Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Geozaki Geozaki

21c6wdd.png
'Well, if we can get through the morning without any disasters, your dad and I thought it might be fun to check out the natural history museum.'Offered Julia. The coffee machine flicked off, and she selected a mug from a small rack by the sink, filling it before turning back to the kids. 'Anthony, be more mindful of those meds. They're... complicated, and nobody wants to be figuring that out in the ER.' She raised an eyebrow at her older son as she signed the last bit. All of her kids were a little flaky, but mental health was definitely not something they should be slacking on. Besides, those meds (and the appointments to manage them) were unbelievably expensive...

2m4rjn9.png

'Around the kids?' Dan signed in disbelief at Veronica's explanation. 'Second hand smoke is a real hazard. Not only can it hurt your lungs, it increases your risk of...' Dan quickly began rattling off about everything you're likely to hear in an anti-tobacco PSA, though it was clear by this that he didn't know his older sister was lying. It didn't occur to him that she would ever lie to them, let alone that she'd be doing something damaging to herself. He was still at that age where he didn't quite understand the reasons why people would turn to substance abuse. And he certainly didn't suspect such things of his own siblings, as distant as the twins sometimes were to the younger half of the clan. Well, perhaps he'd catch on sooner or later.

J Jules8008 FireMaiden FireMaiden Geozaki Geozaki TF81 TF81 Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.21.03.png
Sunday, March 19th, 2017
7:01 am

J Jules8008 Chimney Swift Chimney Swift FireMaiden FireMaiden TF81 TF81 Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter
Lilly sat silently, watching and listening to the interactions going on between her family members, though she knew that they all suffered from problems and troubles of their own, she was still at the age where she didn't really understand the extent of those troubles. For example, in Lilly's mind, Veronica found it hard to control her anger which didn't seem that bad, it generally meant she needed some time alone to cool down. When, in reality, Veronica's anger issues could get much worse than Lilly would ever imagine and she had similar misconceptions about all of her family. Due to this, Lilly didn't quite grasp the true seriousness hidden behind many of the conversations going on around her. After a short while, Lilly jumped down from her chair, picked up her now empty plate, carried it over towards the kitchen area and placed it down on the side beside the sink. As she did, their Mom announced that they might take a trip to the Natural History Museum, which sounded fun, but then the realization that there would probably be a lot of people there struck Lilly. She tried to push it aside, after all, she'd be with her family and it could end up being really quiet today, but she still couldn't completely shake her nerves towards the fact that they could be surrounded by loads of people for the majority of the day.

Riley Blue Rhodes
Riley didn't bother ever making the pancakes she offered to her mom and went over to the table. She watched her family, knowing she was sitting on information that could get her older siblings in trouble. Here's the hitch: Riley knew it wouldn't make a scene right now. She had to wait for something actually bad to happen to throw it in to the mix. So, instead of saying anything, Riley hummed quietly to herself and swung her legs under her chair. She then got up from the table and started to go upstairs, needing to get away from the food and her stress-inducing family. Often, 6 kids were 3 too many for Riley.

'Yes, Ma'am.' Anthony signed with a look of shame after reading his mother's sign of Admonishment, He did contemplate overdosing on his medication at times of severe depression. But he knew it wouldn't work. His mother had put forth a plan to go to the Museum, Anthony wasn't up for it. 'Mom, i'm gonna have to politely decline the Museum offer. I have other things i gotta do today. I gotta meet up with Emma later.' He signed with a feeling of guilt. He finished his food & put his plate on top of Lilly's, He could hear Riley humming to herself, which basically told him to watch his verbal step. He was wondering where his father was, Usually, he'd be down here by now. 'Hey Mom, Where's dad?' Anthony signed with a puzzled look on his face.

Last edited:
Aurelia-Miray Rhodes
7:02AM

Well. Shit. Aurelia should not have asked what they are going to do today. Oh my god. A museum? How old is she? SIX?! After the answer of her mother, Aurelia rolled her eyes. "Ugh. Fine. Don't expect me to stay the whole trip. If I get bored I'll be gone faster than my motivation on a monday." Which...isn't a lie. Aurelia does not recall enjoying museums. On a boredom scale of 1 to 10, where 1 means interesting and 10 is boring as hell, a museum is a solid 9. I-I mean aurelia didn't plan anything for today, but there is definitely something better to do than to bore herself to death. Like doing a movie marathon.

TF81 TF81 Geozaki Geozaki FireMaiden FireMaiden Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lewis Warren Rhodes
7:02-7:04am

After doing his morning stretches, Lewis decided it was time to head downstairs for the day. He'd passed up on his early morning jog, but he liked to give himself a day off once a week, so what better day than lazy Sunday? He entered the dining room just in time to catch Aurelia's less than enthusiastic words about going to the museum. "I expect everyone to at least make the effort, even those who are old enough to make their own choices," he calmly interjected. He sent everyone around the table a warm smile before he headed to the refrigerator to retrieve a yogurt and his previously prepared protein shake.

When Lewis took his seat at the table, he returned his attention to the others, mostly looking to Aurelia as he spoke. "I think it would be nice to have all of the family together for a change. Even if fossils and history lessons aren't so interesting, I'd hope the family time would be fulfilling enough?" he asked. A grin then took over his face, briefly hidden as he took a drink from his sports bottle. "But come on..." he said, placing the bottle down on the table. "Dinosaurs! I love the prehistoric section. It'll get me in the mood for the next Jurassic World movie."

J Jules8008 TF81 TF81 Geozaki Geozaki FireMaiden FireMaiden Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

21c6wdd.png
'Did I say "offer"?' Julia signed back at Anthony, giving a raised eyebrow and a sly smile to her curmudgeonly older children. 'We need to get you all out of the house somehow! I'm going to have to veto that."
She threw on some pancakes for herself, sipping at her coffee. A few moments later, her husband finally made an entrance. He too addressed the kids, presumably making a similar point. She knew he was also keen on the idea of a family outing... god, it had been so long since they could corral the whole gang together for an afternoon. They all had such different tastes now, but she couldn't help but feel like it was healthier to put all that aside every now and again.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Geozaki Geozaki J Jules8008 TF81 TF81 FireMaiden FireMaiden Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Veronica Auri Rhodes
6:59 AM
Veronica internally sighed with relief. 'No,' She signed to Dan, "Just me, while he was paying me.' She couldn't actually be more happy that the lie worked. Though, maybe it was easier when lying with your fingers. Regardless that was the last of that subject, as she finished her breakfast quickly, and got up taking her plate to the sink.

'Morning Mom,' Veronica signed, after making sure her mother could see her. 'Could you call my doctor and have him give me more refills for my meds? I'm out.' Her attention swiftly turned to their father who entered suddenly. "Did You know that scientist are actually working towards recreating dinosaurs?" She asked him, "As if all these movies weren't enough of a warning."
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Anthony was about to protest his mother's sly rejection with another series of signs until his twin brought up one of her crazy internet articles. 'Hold on for a minute mom.' Anthony signed. He turned towards twin & began firing. "Did you miss the part where it didn't pan out? If the animals that are alive today can't survive in the current state of the world, How would Dinosaur? Bacteria has evolved since then. They'd mostly be wiped out by that, And if they don't. We humans will do it." Anthony questioned.

Last edited:
Lilly was still standing in the kitchen, watching her family from afar. She waved to her father as he entered the room in a sort of morning greeting but he took a seat at the table and was trying to convince everyone how amazing the museum would be before the conversation turned to Jurassic World, a film that Lilly hadn't seen. It wasn't that she wasn't interested, she was, her favourite dinosaur was a triceratops and she always liked films or shows or books about the 'impossible' happening it's just that it was deemed to be too old for her to watch, especially when it had first come out, two years ago. Lilly slowly walked out of the room, she didn't feel like she needed to get away but she just needed some distraction from the possibility of there being numerous strangers at the museum, besides, as she wasn't actually involved in any of the conversations that were currently taking place, she felt a little awkward just standing there. She made her way up to the room she shared with Dan where she grabbed her DS before making her way to the living room. She slumped down on one of the Sofas and opened her DS. When she did she was greeted by the sound of her game playing its title music. Which was swiftly replaced by one of the characters talking to her as she pressed on continue before pulling the stylus from the back of the system.

Anthony abandoned the conversation, He knew continuing wouldn't lead anywhere, He mulled over the predicament involving his medication. 'What's the point in taking these pills? I always hear about how it's supposed to make me feel better & it's supposed to help me, but since i've been on them, I've felt even worse than i was before i started them. I feel so trapped, If this is what people's definition of better or happy is. Then i hate it.'

Last edited:
Riley Blue walked up the stairs and in to her room, which she shared with Aurelia-Miray. Riley had the top bunk; not because she wanted it, but because Aurelia wanted the bottom and Riley didn’t want to fight for it. So she’s lived on the top bunk ever since moving in. Riley climbed the ladder to her bed and sat down on the mattress that was too soft for her liking. She didn’t want to waste her parent’s money, so she picked the cheapest mattress off of the sale rack and insisted that she liked it. After a few years, it had grown on her. She still prefered slightly firmer mattresses, but she would never admit that to anyone.

The girl looked around her bed for her journal that she had fallen asleep over the night before. Sure enough, it was on her pillow, open to a page full of neat, cursive handwriting. Riley sighed, closed her notebook, and held it tightly as she climbed down from her bed. She had to get ready for the day. Riley grabbed her hairbrush, her makeup bag, and a few hair ties. Then, Riley went to the bathroom and got ready for the day.

Riley braided her hair, leaving half of it down and the top section in twin french braids so that she wouldn’t have hair bothering her face but wouldn’t look bald. She then put on mascara and lip gloss before going back to her room. She changed out of her early-morning exercise clothes and in to a blue a-line dress with a thin brown belt and brown wedges. Riley looked in the mirror and sighed. She was convinced she looked fat, and that she needed to lose more weight. So…

With a heavy sigh, Riley opened her closet door and dug through her bottom drawer to find her bottle of Ipecac. Riley looked cautiously around the room, grabbed two pills, and hid the bottle once more. She stuffed her secret in a small brown satchel bag along with her daily journal, her cellphone and portable charger, and a sweater in case the museum was chilly. Then Riley went downstairs again.

She looked at her family and gave a faked smile. “When are we leaving for the museum?” Riley asked of whoever overheard her, also signing her question so her mom could understand.

1734842_284842.jpg

KIA-0081500620007511_MAIN

71Z7DDiCXHL._UX466_.jpg

Last edited:
Lewis Warren Rhodes
7:07am​

Lewis looked to Veronica when she spoke about scientists working towards bring back dinosaurs. He couldn't help but chuckle as she pointed out that the films had made it pretty clear why that would be a terrible idea. "Well, yeah. I'm happy to learn about what once was and watch dinosaurs stomping around in movies, but they're something best left well in the past. Perhaps we should send Jeff Goldblum their way to remind them to stop and think if they should..." All the while, he signed, should Julia find the conversation at all interesting. It was in that moment he stopped and wondered how many of his kids had seen the original Jurassic Park film. Then, he rolled his eyes as he remembered he wasn't getting any younger! "No, I think resources are best spent on the things we actually need."

Lewis then looked to Riley and softly smiled, trying to gauge if she appeared particularly troubled or if he was just reading too much into her. "As soon as everyone is ready and raring to go... If not raring to go, I'll just settle for ready!"

Aurelia-Miray Rhodes
7:08AM

The museum. Is. So. Boring. Who thinks going to the musem is cool, except 40 year old soccer moms with kids called Kymberleigh and and Xzavyer. Aurelia decided to not say anything when Lewis told her that family time is always something good, even if dinosaurs and fossils and other...dead things aren't anything of her interest. Well, uh, noo. Family time may be good, but she'd rather bond over watching videos and not dying of boredom in a freaking museum. "Yeah yeah, whatever." She just said, silently regretting that she did not take the Sunday shift this week.

As soon as possible? Are they kidding? It's Sunday! Wouldn't it be early enough if they left at, dunno, 10AM?! In her head, Aurelia was already figuring out how to leave ASAP. Again, she decided to say nothing, except. "Whatever. I'll go change my clothes and take my meds." Before leaving the kitchen and walking of the flight of stairs towards her room.

TF81 TF81 Geozaki Geozaki FireMaiden FireMaiden Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lilly could just about hear the conversation going on in the kitchen but wasn't really paying attention so none of it actually registered. So she just continued to play her game. Technically she was dressed anyway thanks to her adventure outside earlier but the clothes she was wearing were a little mucky from where she'd been rolling around on the floor, they weren't really dirty but there was the odd muddy scuff here or the odd grass stain there.

Veronica Auri Rhodes
7:11-7:18 AM
"Guess I'll go change then," Veronica said, slipping past Her mother and Anthony, who She gave a concerned glance to. And, she accidently bumped into Riley of course as she was exitojng the kitchen, mumbling a quiet sorry. Riley pissed Veronica off, and while yeah, she loved her younger sister, Riley needed to chill. Anyway, Veronica took a deep breath once she entered her shared bedroom, kicking a pair of Anthony's pants out of the way. Her computer set up was ticked away in the corner of the room, and it was a nice set up too. She did the best she could with the space she had, and beside the desk was the closet.

Most of it was her clothes. Speaking of ehich, She immdeiatly began picking out a mini skirt and crop top, before realising that it wasn't just mom, but Lewis too. So, she chose to go with something a little more modest. It Didn't take her long to get drsssed, and pull her hair back into a messy bun. Next, She decided to grab come cash. She randomly grabbed a few bills from the hidden box that contained nearly 3,000 dollars in savings, that's she's earned all by herself. Anyway, she grabbed her wallet, and the small leather backpack she used insides of a purse, before She quickly rejoined her family in the kitchen.
e566a6c74658cd36d5954ad4f702c01e.jpeg
JET-BLACK-WOMENS-FOOTWEAR-CONVERSE-SNEAKERS-540266JBLK_1.JPGm_56e76f7d99086a227b004a55.jpg
TF81 TF81 Geozaki Geozaki Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Chimney Swift Chimney Swift J Jules8008 Misty Gray Misty Gray

Riley Blue Rhodes
7:13-7:18
Riley crossed her legs and watched her family. As she came downstairs, the three older siblings took off to take meds and get dressed. Riley sighed. She couldn't help but connect their exits to her entrance. She knew it was irrational to think they all took off because she came in, but the thought persisted. The middle child looked down at her hands and tried to come up with 10 reasons why else they would have left.
1) to get dressed
2) to get shoes
3) to get meds
4) to go to the bathroom
5) ....
Riley sighed and pulled at the hem of her dress, nervous and slightly unimpressed with her lack of creativity. Riley pulled out her notebook and wrote down the time and her 4 ideas for why the older siblings dispersed as soon as she walked in to the room. Riley then put her journal back in her bag and looked over at Lilly. "Lilly, go get changed and throw that dress in the laundry room." Riley said, making sure her voice was loud enough for Lilly to hear.
Geozaki Geozaki Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lilly looked up from her DS as she heard her sister's voice calling to her from the kitchen. "Okay," Lilly replied obediently to Riley's instructions. Lilly turned her attention back to her game momentarily so she could save it before she closed the DS and made her way upstairs. She walked into hers and Dan's room and placed her DS on her pillow. She then turned to the chest of draws and pulled out a top and a pair of jeans. She wasn't quite at that age where she cared too much about her appearance, yet, however, she was starting to develop her own sense of style. She almost decided to pull out a dress but decided against it due to the fact that there was a chance that the museum might be packed with people. If it was guaranteed that there would be a manageable amount of people around, she probably would have put a dress on as she could deal with people up to a point when she's with her family, but as there was no guarantee she didn't want to risk it. For some reason, she felt more vulnerable in a dress, which is why she generally only wore them either around people she knew or if she was going somewhere she knew well enough to be able to predict that it would be quiet enough. She had nothing against dresses in general, there were just times when she didn't want to risk the extra feeling of vulnerability on top of her other anxieties. Lilly pushed the drawer closed before pulling her dress off. She placed her dress on her bed before slipping her jeans on and the top she'd pulled out, which was white and was adorned with blue music notes and finally. She'd managed to find a pair of jeans that were fully intact, which was a rarity for Lilly if the jeans didn't already have a hole or tear to conform to some kind of fashion trend, then it didn't take long for Lilly to manage to make a tear or two of her own. It was never deliberate, she was just very, very clumsy, on top of other things, like her love of 'living' in her imaginary worlds whenever possible, like she had been doing earlier this morning in the garden. Finally, Lilly pulled on her shoes and a jacket, for some reason Lilly loved jackets and hoodies and would wear them even in the summer unless it was unbearably hot, for some reason she felt more protected and comforted when she was wearing them. Lilly grabbed her dress and made her way back downstairs. She placed her dress with the dirty washing in the laundry room and wandered back towards the kitchen.

As she entered the kitchen, Lilly smiled up ar Riley Blue. "Hey, Arb - Ah!" Lilly made an attempt to talk to her sister, her voice soft and gentle until it was cut off by a squeak of sorts that Lilly made involuntarily as she tripped and fell to the floor. After a moment of silence, Lilly reappeared from the floor, having pulled herself back to her feet, and silently sat down at the table. She would have continued her sentence but she was too busy trying not to cry, her eyes welling up slightly. She'd hit her knee on the floor and landed on her hand funny trying to catch herself, plus, she always felt embarrassed when she made a fool of herself like that, which wasn't helping. But she was determined not to cry! She knew all to well that everyone in the family had their own things to deal with and Lilly wasn't going to add to that.

1522607076847044819.jpg
0588402001_1_0.jpg
41qZHfJuWVL._AC_US436_QL65_.jpg

Anthony knew that if he didn't take his meds, his parents would be very angry with him. And after this morning's regularly unscheduled verbal brawl with Riley about GTA, The last thing he wanted was the same thing with his parents about his meds. He turned to his dad & said: "Okay Dad, I'll go get ready, but first let me go take my meds." He turned to his mother & began to sign. 'Okay, Mom. you win. I'll go, Besides I can always catch up with Emma later. Also, Have you seen my Lexapro?'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back