• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Alien Conquest v2: Battle for a Changed Earth (IC)

Main
Here

Pat

Three Thousand Club

The player narrative and orders thread of the Alien Conquest v2: Battle for a Changed Earth roleplay. Map will be periodically updated. Please list turn number at the top of your posts for ease of navigation.

Alien_Conquest.jpg

Cold...
...Sleep...
...Time....
...Light.

It has been ages since you, the overlord of your faction, have been revived from your cryogenic stasis. The vast vaults of the huge sleeper ship remain dark and lifeless -- countless beings remain in stasis, the vast majority of ships on board unpowered and lifeless, just as you and your cohort were just moments ago.

From your Thawing chamber you have access to the invasion hangars where each factions ships are located in different external ports on the sleeper ship. The sleeper ship currently resides on the dark side of the moon, but the main conquest chamber contains a fully lit geoscape of the new planet of conquest -- Called "Earth" supposedly. The main conquest chamber is also a place where overlords can communicate with one another -- hallowed ground, the mother brain does not allow any hostilities on board the sleeper ship, regardless of rivalries... except in specially designated areas, of course.

One of your first actions should be to spend biomass or materials to make units for your invasion force, and scout or probe the surface. Beyond that, Mother brain can advise, but agency regarding the invasion is entirely up to the warlords.

In addition to the hangars there is the science section of the ship, engineering, and the main chamber of the mother brain. The mother brain has been sleeping until recently too, but has charged each faction with bringing initial information and samples of commodities from the new prize to be conquered and stripped. After initial sorties are sent out to the surface of the planet, the mother brain will concoct special assignments and perhaps competitions between the factions for her favor and additional tech or resources.

Below a dreaming peaceful sphere of water and ground rests unaware of the terror than gazes covetously down upon it.

Additional Intel:

certain transhumans and terrestrial tech could theorhetically function well enough in a vacuum or with limited life support. Resistance off world is not expected to be vast, but possible.

Scans have collated lists of politicians, journalists and other troublemakers who are crying wolf. some of the initial missions will involve silencing these voices.

It's also worth noting at least one "whistle-blower" has vanished off of tracking... indicating there might be a movement to gather these individuals in safety out of prying eyes. This might be the proto-organization to an actual Xcom entity... if enough evidence and support can be gathered, a planetary response (Xcom) could come sooner than later.The elements responsible for abducting or hiding said whistleblowers have been designated "Cleaners" -- and warlords are expected to somehow learn how this organization is structured and operates, so that it may effectively be dismantled.

A forward observation Sortie of 5 scout ships were expected to greet the arrival of the seed-ship with the latest intel -- the whereabouts of these ships are unknown. It is a priority to determine the fate of these ships and recover them, intact or not, lest powerful technologies fall into the hands of the humans.

Potential first actions:

1) Make contact with sympathetic UFO cult(s)
2) Raid a Farm/Mine/Power Repository for Commodities
3) Scan planet or elsewhere in system for points of interest
4) Capture a terrestrial sea vessel - They are known to be pregnant with fossil fuels
5) Produce/awaken units with starting resources
6) Kill/abduct/replace prominent journalist
7) kill/abduct/replace prominent Politician
8) Many civilians worldwide claim to have witnessed alien activity or tapped transmissions. kill/abduct/replace convincing activity witnesses
9) wanted VIPs abducted by masked individuals (Cleaners) -- attempt to interdict cleaner activity or monitor them to gain intel on where they nest.
10) Construction of Facilities on surface -- though this may be ambitious for so early in the invasion
11) Provoke terrestrial interceptor reaction to test mettle of enemy air forces
12) Random abductions of humans and cattle for information and biomass.
*) You have full agency to conduct your own operations and orders

Each Faction has 2 orders per turn, 1 of which may result in an encounter/scene. You may also declare one Technology to begin research.

ESCALATION RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS: (Any amount Can be Donated to Mother Brain as Free action)
10 BIOMASS
10 MATERIALS
8 ENERGY
OUTCOME: TO ADVANCE TO ESCALATION LEVEL 1 OF INVASION. MOTHER BRAIN CRAVES RESOURCES AND THE SEED-SHIP DEMANDS THEM TO FURTHER OUR CONQUEST!

Mighty Xilu
Turn 1

And-Now-a-Word.png

A lanky thin man sat at a long metallic bar, their head upon their shoulder as their reptilians eyes slowly blinked as they stared at the glass of glowing blue liquid curled in their arms. Their eyes stared with a vacant longing into the liquid as they let out a forlorn sigh. A Viper slowly moved her way up the bar, wiping along its length with a dirty towel, "Bar is closing," she said, her long tongue slipping past her lips with each word to taste the air.

The thin man looked up to the bartender before letting out another tired sigh before their gazed settled back to their drink. If possible, their shoulders slumped even further...

"Heartbreak?" The bartender said as she cleaned around the thin man who looked up at her with surprise, "What? You're not the first one to be drowning their sorrows.."

There was a moment of silence before the Thin Man nodded, "Yeah, we were together for years. So many sleep cycles and yet he.. and yet he.. With a muton.."

The bartender reached behind her and pulled out a bottle to top off his drink, "Well, Mutons are popular, their endurance and stamina is appreciated. I one dated a muton myself.."

The Thin Man mumbled something under his breath, "What was that?" the bartender said as she leaned in.

"What am I supposed to do if I cant satisfy him like I used to? Is it my fault he turned to a Muton?" the thin man said, his voice shaky. The bartender opened her mouth to retort when the wall exploded.

Splinters of metal went all over the bar as glass shattered and liquid spilled freely from the counter, the two occupants staring at the gaping hole as an immense two-headed figure with gleaming, segmented metal skin stomped through..

"Xilu!" Both said in wonder.

"Mighty Xilu!" one of the heads, Mitoc, corrected in a shrill voice.

"Yes, it is I! Mighty XILU! Champion of the arena! Numerous victor of Galatic Gladiators, and I have come to help you with your issues, my little thin friend!" Xilu said, his thunderous voice so loud it shook more bottles off the wall.

"Y-You've been left for a Muton too?" the thin man said in wonder.

"Don't be silly, Mighty Xilu craves only glory, no I've come to help you," he roared as he leaned forward and poked the thin man on the chest, nearly making him tumble out of his chair.

"B-But how?" the thin man asked as the viper bartender reached out to lightly touch Xilu's biceps as if to ensure he was truly real.

"Simple! By visiting Sector's Sectoid Solutions! Three trips to Triple S and their patented mental domination therapy will have you forget all about your problems in bed and even improve your performance!" Xilu said with a hearty laugh, "With their help, you'll be walking with the confidence of a whole new you! Never again will a Muton steal the love of your life! You will be stealing theirs!"

"Will I be like you?" The thin man asked as he sat up straighter and puffed out his chest.

Xilu gave a roaring laugh and slapped the bar so hard it dented in.. before his laugh abruptly cut off, "No."

The scene vanished as words appeared, Sector's Sectoid Solutions! The Seed Ship's Number One Destination for all your mental help and boosting needs. Schedule your Triple S Treatment now.

--------------------------

Mitoc and Xilu stood behind a desk as holographic screens displayed behind them. After a moment or two, Mitoc began to shout, "W-Welcome to a new season of Galactic Gladiators! I have the honor and privilege to introduce your host, your champion, your hero.. Mighty Xilu!"
Thunderous applause appeared from.. somewhere as the second head stood straighter, proud and regal, "Yes, it is I, Mighty Xilu! I will give you a moment to bask in my presence before I continue."

The figure waited a few moments as the screens behind him kept flickering to different beings of various races, "Had your fill? I know you haven't, but time waits for no one but Mighty Xilu and so we must continune. Please, don't fret, you'll have an entire season to drink me in with your eyes."

The large, imposing metallic figured turned to the wall behind him and gestured to it, "And here we have our contestants! A motetly bunch this year, but I'm sure they'll crack up soon."

"They'll crack up or be cracked, Mighty Xilu!" Mitoc chimed in, his head kept well below Xilu's to show off their difference in stature.

"That is right, puny Mitoc!" Xilu said approvingly, "For what would Galactic Gladiators be if we did not have glorious death on the sands of our new arena!?"

"Wouldn't be Glactic Gladiators at all, Mighty Xilu!"

"That's right, now, let us look at our new Arena," Xilu waved his hand an a visual image of Earth was displayed thanks to the Space Surveillance System, "As you can see, this unremarkable blue marble is home to 'Humans', a silly little primate species that have rather gross peach flesh and tend to grow hair but only in select places and seem to grow it particularly long on their head as some sort of intimidation or mating ritual."

The screens changed to display a woman in her mid thirties, Xilu looked at it and shook his head, "Revolting, I know, and they don't look like much of a challenge, but I'm sure they'll find a way to surprise our contestants one way or the other!"

"W-Who are our contestants, Mighty Xilu? Who shall fight before your great glory and for the pleasure of our audience and the Goddess?" Mitoc said, his head bobbing.

"Good question, puny Mitoc!" Xilu turned back to the screen as ten faces appeared, "Gaze upon your contestants, my audience! Gaze upon those who shall fight and die for your pleasure! Gaze upon those that would dare call themselves champions.."

"D-Do we have any interesting ones this time, Mighty Xilu?" Mitoc asked his voice a bit dubious.

"All contestants who step upon the holy field of Xilu is interesting!" Xilu barked but.. pointed to a some of them, "We have M'ry of the.. Well, of the flyboys. They are unique in that she will be a pilot throughout the whole season! I don't believe we've ever had that before."

"I don't believe so, Mighty Xilu," Mitoc agreed... although Mitoc would have agreed no matter what Xilu had said.

"It will be hard for her to gain the needed points, but perhaps she was surprise you," Xilu said as it was clearly impossible for anything to surprise him.

"Then we have some new races here, we have Ceyerinj of the Khimauri, which I believe is eaten on Earth, fried in batter, I'm sure Ceyerinj will be looking to avenge his kin. Zenthol of the Levas, although there are no holes for them to hide in this time, so I wonder how well they shall stand before the crowd when they are showered in glory.. Zok of the Tecoli, if there is anyone used to an electrifying performance, it is him," Xilu paused as he awaited laughs for his joke.. It took Mitoc a few seconds to realize he was supposed to laugh so he, dutifully, roared in an awkward laugh for several moments, "That's enough, calm down now, Mighty Xilu is not finished.. And finally Tyrim! They look scrawny, because they are scrawny, but I'm told he has 'Big Thinkin' Juices..'.."

There was a long pause as Xilu glared at the line.. "Puny Mitoc," Xilu said, his voice causing the room to chill.

"Yes, Mighty Xilu?" Mitoc said, his voice quivering with nerves.

"What did I tell you about allowing Dorix on the writing staff?" Xilu said, his ton grave as his massive fist tighened.

"I-It wasn't! It was a Zgak!" Mitoc shouted

"Silence! It was clearly a Dorix because I know the work of a Dorix when I see it!" Xilu said, the very idea he could be wrong unfathomable.

"B-But it.. I.. .Yes, Mighty Xilu, a thousand apologies, Mighty Xilu," Mitoc said, their head lowering.

"Don't let it happen again," Xilu said before his attention returned to the billions of invisible eyes glued to his every movement, "and my personal favorite, Nibbles!"

"Mighty Xilu, is that truly his name?" Mitoc asked.

"Of course not, but Chryssalid names are complex and annoying to say, so I gave it a new one, befitting his status," Xilu said as if the act of renaming someone without their permission was so trivial

"How lucky! To be given a new name by Mighty Xilu, Himself!" Mitoc said, his head bobbing up and down, "He will treasure it eternally!"

"So he shall. If he survives."

The sentence was left to hang for a moment before Xilu turned his gaze back to his audience, "And there you have it! Our line up and our arena for the thirty-second season of Galactic Gladiators! Now, please stay with us and watch their first match where I, Mighty Xilu, myself shall be joining them. Don't miss a single moment of my glory."

Research
Stealth Drop Pods
[Intelligence Malus]

Relevant Research That May Assist
Titanium Armor
Augmented Engines
Nuclear Drive
Basic Stealth
Probes

Research Intention
Rapid deploying stealth Drop Pods containing 5+ Contestants. Try to cut down on needing larger craft to drop off warriors and instead only need them to pick up [to reduce the chance of losing valuable contestants to AA fire! Imagine the very idea!] while also allowing Contestants to be 'hot dropped' to support other Warlords in need.

Actions
1. Produce 10 Contestants [2 Biomass], Produce 2 Fighters [1 Material]

2. Galactic Guardians, Season 32, Episode 1
"Swimming with Xilu"

2 probes and the Space Surveillance System will be used to scan the oceans of Earth to find a large vessel [preferably an Oil Tanker or Container Ship] to board. Ideally, they will be looking for one already under attack by pirates or is similary 'dangerous' and 'exciting'. Once found, the Scout Ship will be launched to drop off 5 Contestants and Mighty Xilu. Both fighters [one piloted by a contestant] will shadow the Scout Ship to defend against unlucky interception. Basic Stealth Suite used to try and avoid detection if applicable.

Last edited:
IK
TURN 1

Four pilots stood in the artificially gravitated control room of the scout craft. Ik, Iko, Ikon, and Ikoni, guided the scout ship into the gravity well of Earth. The ship was an older generation of scout craft, which was a fact Ik disbelieved other invaders had missed. The Master was likely reluctant to sacrifice more sophisticated equipment before basic competency of its minions had been established. Bluntly, the power plant was extremely outdated... What was more, an antiquated fission reactor meltdown would attract more attention than a fusion reactor mishap. Fission reactor meltdowns, of course, being far more violent in their detonations and dispersal of radioactive isotopes which human sensors would undoubtedly detect. Ik digressed. The ship passed from the exosphere into the thermopause, and on into the thermosphere. UV radiation and X-Ray particles were plentifully reflected by this region of the atmosphere, and Ik willed the transparent ceiling material to lessen the radiation shielding slightly. All of the four pilots basked their crystalline lattice bodies in the comforting effects the particle bath provided. This was as close to a warm hug the inorganic crystal aliens could feel. The orange glow signaling re-entry began to show against the semi-translucent hull above the quintuple. This was the familiar glow of a ship zooming through planetary atmosphere at such a high speed that heat was generated.

The descent continued along with the flames. On the central holoscreen was a display of the terrain far below. Puffy grey sheets of clouds lay in the distant path of the ships descent and little else could be seen aside from a opaque rain storm. Right then, the Master's five lost probes would have been useful. Instead, the invaders would need to work without a compendium of scans and observation data. A flesh-and-blood being who had to deal with the inconvenience of hormones would have found this situation disconcerting, but not Ik.

"Final stage of descent," Ikoni transmitted, more for the ships log than its companions.

The retrorockets kicked on, fired noisily, and the descent of the scoutship slowed. Electronic eyes all along the hull of the ship began scanning the intended landing zone for abnormalities, which in this case ranged from unanticipated debris, steep landing zone, or an ambush. In the case of a problem, the main thrusters of the scoutship would have re-enabled and begun to either evade elsewhere, or back into orbit. The polyalloy landing legs of the ship extended themselves and the ship touched down on the strange green grasses of planet Earth.

Between the many landing legs, a rectangular panel distinguished itself against the lower hull. A white puff of gasses escaped around the perimeter of the rectangle, and it began to lower itself diagonally towards the surface of Earth. Although the Tercoli were comfortable with the schematics and systems employed in the craft, they did not understand the repeated insistence across ship designs for this single disembarkation method. The green alien men plodded down the cliché stairway and on to their first objective.

NOTES

Tech: Laser Suite, Support Vehicle, Trade Goods, Surface Installation (SRE), Alien Lab, Fighters, Augmented Engines, Nuclear Drive, Missile Hardpoints

2 Biomass | 2 Materials | 1 Energy ---> 0 B | 0M | 0E
+ 1 scout ship
+ 5 agents
+ 25 troops

Total: 2 probes, 2 scout ships, 5 agents, 25 troops

ACTIONS

Action 1: Scan planet or elsewhere in system for points of interest.

Action 2: Awaken troops and a scoutship.

Research: Research Lab

Last edited:

High-Commander Trax

Turn 1
Hit Points

Fate

Resources
0 Biomass
0 Materials
0 Energy
1 Nanite

Assets
10 Agents
2 Probes
2 Scout Ships

T0 Technology
Surface Installation (SRE)
Laser Weapons (Suite)
Titanium Armor (Vessel/Troop) (6+)
Space Surveillance System
Alien Mine
Alien Lab
Biomass Farm
Probe/Scout Ships (vessels) [Free]
Fighters (vessels)​

Eleven Xroqor walked through the corridor, with a particularly large one at the front; the sound of each of their four arthropod-like legs hitting the metallic floor echoed, their movements in close sync. They came upon a door before long, which hissed open to reveal a hangar ahead. Stepping into the large room, they made their way towards a scout ship sitting in it's center.

As the door closed behind them, Trax turned around sharply, "Attention for briefing, officers!" The ten agents, or officers as the Xroqor called them, snapped their legs closer and into a rigid posture. "The time for the invasion is upon us! The planet which the mother brain requires us to conquer is diverse in flora and fauna, both passive and aggressive, with approximately seventy-one percent of it's surface consisting of water. It possesses one species of sapient lifeform, who refer to themselves as "humans"; they are bipedal primates, and possess no particular natural armor or weapons, though are capable of unarmed melee to a certain degree of effectiveness."

Trax paused for a moment, allowing the information to sink in. "I will be blunt: At the moment, we have acquired little information on the current status of the natives, and rely on certainly outdated statistics. Military forces, population distribution, industrial capacity, resource extraction, and other factors are unaccounted for. However, immediate acquisition of resources is required, lest our forces falter from delay. Fortunately, the Space Surveillance System allows us to find a suitable landing and biomass gathering area, so minimal information is available for the landing site."

"Is the situation sufficiently understood?"
Trax inquired, receiving a rapid response of confirmation from the officers. "Good, now I shall explain your mission. We must raise an army if we wish for our operations to succeed, and the first step to achieving this is confiscating biomass to refill our stock. You ten will board the scout ship behind me; armored with titanium and armed with a laser cannon, it should prove resilient to any initial response by the locals. Onboard are titanium personal armor segments and laser weaponry, which you are to equip before landfall. Your target at this time is a region which the natives have named "Canada", and specifically, any crops and livestock found within the vicinity of your landing zone. Bring them to the scout ship, and once it is full, or the mission is seriously threatened, evacuate back here. That is all, go at once!"

Trax watched the scout ship launch from the hangar, the engine trail dissipating in the blackness of space. He stood there for some minutes, before heading back to the door he had entered from. "We must fight to grow, not only for the mother brain, but for our own species' survival." Trax resolved to himself.

Action 1​

Produce 10 Agents [Expend 2 Biomass], 1 Scout Ship [Expend 2 Materials & 1 Energy]

Action 2​

The Space Surveillance System will be used to find a farming area in Canada suitable for landing and biomass gathering, and any further information about the immediate area if possible. Using this information, a scout ship with 10 agents is sent in order to conduct a farm raid, gathering any crops and livestock (biomass) in the vicinity. (While a scan and deployment in the same action carries risk, I'm hoping that some of the bonuses/skills listed below may mitigate them.)

Scout Ship:
Titanium Armor, Laser Cannon, 10 Agents
10 Agents: Titanium Body Armor, Laser Weaponry

Possibly relevant factors to mention for the mission(?):
Agility Bonus
Perception Bonus
Willpower Malus (Obsessiveness)
Strategy Skill
Tactics Skill
Cohesion Skill
Discipline Skill

Research​

Research into Missile Platform/Hardpoints is to commence.​

Last edited:
Ch'P
Of the Demitasse

Pre Conquest Planet
Alpha 12 - T3A
Research World

Pre Conquest Rulers
Traders

Warlord Occupation
Fanatic (X2)
Astro/Aerophile

Gifts
+INT x2 (+2 academic skill)
+PER (+1 any skill)
+Leadership
+Offense
+Tech
+Toughness
+Willpower

MALUS Fellowship

Traits
Int = Focused
Per = Practical
Leadership = Heroic
Offense = Daring
Tech = Passionate
Toughness = Clean
Willpower = Driven

Malus
Fellowship
Hero Syndrome
Tight social kinship bonds, culture, and tradition make giving up or leaving behind fallen or isolated comrades difficult. Troops may countermand to make sure no spoon is left behind.

Skills
Engineering
Combat (Ship)
Acrobatics (Ship)
Research
Pilot

Suite
(Pistol Only)
Mastercrafted Dual Plasma Pistols

Gear
Mono Spoon
Vac suit
(Soak 3, body/ arms, Protection from smoke and chemical effects, and let you breathe out of atmosphere./ Allows communication with others in the field and to call for support)

HP

Fate

Divination
'Denial is a form of knowledge'
Once a scene, turn a negative modifier into a positive one.

Nanites

Technologies
Probe/ Scout Ship
Fighters
Augmented Engines
Nuclear Drive
Trade Goods
Missile Hardpoints
Laser Suite
Support Platform/ Vehicle
Alien Lab
Point Defense
Automated Factory

Resources
1 Biomass
2 Materials
2 Energy

Units
Warlord
2 probes
1 Scout ship

Turn 1

The frost slowly thawed from inside the cryo-pod, the suction of warm air from outside as the lid opened, steadily bringing life back to the being within. Entombed in her silvery space suit, the alien astronaut stirred behind her bulbous helmet. Groggy but awake, Ch'P pulled herself from the cold coffin, clasping the sides with her gloved hands as she looked at her surroundings, distorted reflections dancing across her tinted bubble like visor.

Ducking her head in instinct due to her large height, though dainty by Demitasse standards, she stepped into the lifeless bay. Dim lights illuminated rows of her frozen fellows and their machines, placed side by side in designated design. A Demitasse meant, felt, little without it's perfectly engineered, lovingly crafted utensil.

Ch'p's gaze fell upon the only other thing that mattered to her race, stacked in rows upon rows behind a well lit, transparent wall. White grains condensed into nutrition cubes of the snowiest powder, these moderately sized squares of S.U.G.A were the single foodstuff of the Demitasse. Ch'p could feel herself begin to shake in it's presence. Moving closer, she drew her glove over the glass, following it along until she reached a panel. With a shaky hand, she pressed the sole button of the panel and slowly the clear cover began to lift.

With a low thrum, the bay became fully lit. Ch'P could hear something else opening further away, the familiar clunk and hiss of a bulkhead garnering her attention. Turning her helmet towards it, her visor radiant in it's encroaching light, Ch'P's hand slipped from the panel as she looked at a Demitasse's most prized partner.

Her ship.

Breaking into a stride, her shivers forgotten, the silvery spacewoman rushed out of the thawing bay and into the hangar port. Standing tall like the most beautiful of statues, with perfect curves, chiseled features and nigh perfect symmetry, Ch'p raced towards it like a long lost love.

Giddy and excited, Ch'P did her best to keep her composure, stopping just short of the Saucer. Removing her glove, the alien astronaut reached out and ran her hand over it with the most delicate of caresses. The saucer glinted in the light as if appreciating her touch.

Cherishing the moment, Ch'P found herself suddenly overcome with a wave of nausea. Overcome with excitement perhaps, or sudden relief, the Demitasse lifted the visor of her helmet as quickly as she could, turning away from her ship and vomiting on to the floor. Taking a beat, Ch'P looked into a puddle of ice water and stomach contents.

Her stomach cramping but with no more signs of vomit, she wiped her mouth with the back of her glove. Looking over her shoulder at her craft, she whispered an apology.

Putting her glove back on, the Demitasse let the environmental precautions and filtration systems of her suit deal with the vomit, her visor slamming shut in the process. Casting a longing glance backwards as she walked away, Ch'P returned to the thawing bay. Feeling cold and hungry, Ch'P craved some S.U.G.A in her system but she knew she would be back soon for her ship.

To soar the starry skies in her saucer, was there any better feeling?

Well maybe the rush of sweet S.U.G.A coursing through her body as she fed the crushed cubes into her suit....

Actions
Build Support Platform (C.U.P) x2 with 1 Mat/ 1 Energy. Excess production will be diverted to Ditoc/Pengs in hopes of further collaboration.
(Engineering skill used)

Engage civilian aircraft to test their, and Demitasse, aerial capabilities in an escalating series of encounters, from lone aircraft (Gliders/Seaplanes) to those who show some combat capabilities (Crop Dusters/ Water Scoopers). Scout Ship will perform tests (Speed/Agility/Combat), while Probes monitor and record events for future reference/use.
(Research World/ Fanatic x2 Origins used)
(Int X2= Focused/Per + = Practical/Offense = Daring/Tech = Passionate/Willpower = Driven Traits used)
(Research/Engineering/Pilot/Ship (Combat/Acrobatics) Skill used)

Research
Human aircraft (following planned encounters)
(Research World/ Fanatic x2 Origins used)
(Research/Engineering/Pilot/Ship (Combat/Acrobatics) Skill used)
(Int x2= Focused/Per+ = Practical/Leadership = Heroic/Tech = Passionate/Willpower = Driven Traits used)

Last edited:
Dorix

Blip blop. Slip slop. Ominous ooze glittered all around as the gobbos swam among it. Cheers and boos as the gobbos performed strange dances in the water until a ship appeared overhead and they were all scooped up into the dark abyss.

An explosion nearby as fighting erupted between Dorix and other races. But none could ever make any true headway.

Always fighting until a deal was struck. Fight for the motherbrain and get as many shinies as they could keep.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. But so far, it has resulted in only sleep.

Rix was awakened from his icy cold slumber As his thoughts dwelled on shinies.

As he climbed out of the cold pod, he noticed that all the other pods were still frozen.

"Ugh. That would not do at all. Without anyone else around, who will i boss around?"

Rix stomped his foot angrily as he spoke aloud to no one at all. Before long, he worked to wake up about 25 of his lessers from their pods and a single Minehoof Hoppa from cold storage.

As the first Dorix climbed out of the pod, Rix grabbed him by the collar and threw him to the ground, placing a single foot pn top of him.

"You!" Rix pointed an angry finger at him.

"Whaa? Me??" The Dorix pulled up his arms in fear. "What did I do?"

"You got out of your Pod too top fast, ya Nugget! Now you get to be First Out The Ship on The Raid!"

" T...the First? But I'll be Shot for Sure!"

Rix gave a toothy grin. "Just think that you'll take bullets for your glorious leader. And maybe....just maybe. If you survive, I'll give you a NAME."

"A..... name?" The Dorix started to dream before he was brought back to reality with multiple slaps from Rix.

" Don't get carried away. I only said Maybe. Now get yourself cleaned up and get ready. We have a planet to raid to get Shinies!"

" Yes Sir!" The Dorix ran off, a stupid grin on its face.

Action 1: Awaken 25 fodder and 1 Minehoof Hoppa

Action 2: Use the Scout Ship to launch an Assault on a Gas Station in California.

Research: Gobbo Cannon (Shoots Gobbos into enemies. Gobbo survival not guaranteed)

Last edited:
Sqwelch Scragpest! TURN 1! Live fast, live loud, live Zgak!

An ungodly stench. A cacophany of noise. An unbearable assault on the senses.

Such must have been the thoughts of all other lifeforms, whenever one blundered their way into the Zgaki quarters of the ship. Previously a section to contain dangerous lifestock, the unruly Insectoids have long since taken it as their new home. Most of them are still asleep, but the few lucky chosen ones already awakened from their frozen state are truly doing their best to keep the party as loud and obnoxious as possible. Sqwelch Scragpest claimed to have handpicked these warriors, but in reality he just fiddled with shiny consoles, pushing buttons at random until finally some Zgakis were awake to party and the Biomass stocks of the Insectoids were depleted.

Barely contained by the sound-proof coating of their quarters, all manner of scrambled together speakers are howling as loudly as possible. No clear song or musical genre is distinguishable in the sea of noise, but the Zgaki are still dancing around happily. A lot of them have already gotten their paws on some of the rocket fuel, further increasing the joyful mood. The whole place looks trashed to hell, with a weird hodgepodge of slapped together furniture, broken down gadgets and piles of old bottles and rubbish. The walls are smeared with brightly colored grafitis, many insults and profanities have been added with black sharpies and a creepy amount of bodily fluids is spread everywhere. Amongst all this mess, the Zgak are at their worst behaviour, their dances shifting between one tribal moshpit and drunken stumbles. On a whim, they start brawling with each other, spitting around or lighting each others farts up. A few have taken to wild fornication with each other, themselves or random pieces of furniture. It seems, as if they will never get tired of celebrating their recent awakening and the prospect of cauing problems in the name of the glorious Mother Brain!

"EY! OI! LISTEN UP, YA GITS!", a loud voice bellows over the sounds and the mood turns as a large paw temporarily shuts off the speakers, thus ending the tirade of noise and stopping the walls from shaking. Sqwelch Scragpest takes a large swig of fuel before burping loudly and with a moist gargle, causing his followers to cheer in excitement, already forgetting his transgression of silencing the wonderful bass. After clearing his throat and hocking a fat loogie onto the floor, the Zgaki warlord points at a map of this mysterious planet Earth they were about to invade. It had already been scribbled on by others, large genitalia and swear words written over a few chunks, but Sqwelch didnt care. "Listen up! We all want some fucking big-ass Monster Trucks and fast-ass Trikes! So... we are going to get them! Live fast!", he loudly proclaimed, immediately ending his rousing speech and tactical briefing and causing the rest of the Zgak to cheer and dance in ecstatic circles around him. "Trikes! Trikes! Trikes! Trucks! Trucks! Trucks!", the mob chanted and Sqwelch quickly joined the impromptu conga line forming out of it. But it was a Zgaki conga line, so it quickly devolved into name calling, tripping each other up and spitting on each others necks.

"But boss, where are we gonna get them Trikes?!", one Zgaki shouted over the noise as the music was turned back on. "WHAT?!", Sqwelch bellowed over it and the Zgak repeated his question. This went on a few times, until the Warlord finally managed to understand his underling. "Ah... well... fuck... didnt think about that! Ya know what... I will talk to them brain boys a few sections over! They know that kinda shit!", he shouted back, causing the pattern to repeat itself, until the communication had somewhat succeeded. Not long after, Sqwelch returned with a big grin. "We are going to need a lot of Materials! So, we will fly over to that shithole, grab the Materials and then build the bestest and fastest Trikes ever seeeeeeeen!", he proudly proclaimed, causing a sea of "Ooooohs!" and "Aaaaaahs", before the party quickly got rolling again. Sqwelch once again joined them, until he remembered that there was a duty to the Mother Brain and that he really wanted a cool ride.

"Zgak the ships! Lets do this shit! Lets ride! YEAH!"

Research: Surface Installation

Action 1: Produce 5 Zgaki Agents and 25 Zgaki Troops (2 Biomass consumed). Produce a Scout Ship (2 Material, 1 Energy consumed).

Action 2: Raid a secluded scrap yard for Materials using the Scout Ships and Probes to transport troops and loot.

Monstrous Agility (x2)
Overzealous Perception
Intoxicated Defense
Crass (x2) Fieldcraft
Loud Offense
Destructive Strength
Skewed priorities fellowship

Use ZGAK NOISE SUITE for weapons

EDIT: I changed my Actions, as I had incorrectly assumed Scout Ships only cost 1 Material 1 Energy.

Last edited:

• Exohymm
    Khimauri Chief-Director

Planet: Earth. Proximity Level: Yellow. Invasion Status: Initiated.

The sound of wheels squeaked behind Exohymmn, who tilted his head in its direction, four yellow eyes fixating upon the cold bipedal figure constructed from a viscous material. It was appropriate. Outdated methods to present outdated information. Better than spending precious resources with the handicap the stasis had left them with.

"Baseline earthling model has been constructed." A slithering voice, familiar. That one was... An analyst crafter. While they were a tall species, the statue was taller still, almost entirely hiding the bowing khimauri behind it. Exohymm turned around and approached the model, the claws on is ankles latching onto and releasing from the slits on the spaceship's floor with every step. The outer tendons on his upper right hand extended its claws and scratched a segment one of the model's upper arms to test the consistency. It was a part with high probably of large redundancy given its bulk and presently information. The two lower hands began feeling the exposed parts of the model under the skin.

"Freezing conditions remain adequate." Exohymm's voice was a deep sound of forcefully vibrating cords and toothless expulsion of air. "Internal versus external ratio of display: Insufficient, however, will have to suffice for preliminary study for non-deployed personnel."

The other Khimauri looked up. That look was also familiar. Every Khimauri knew it after all, the thirst to know, the urge to question.

"Ask."

"What of the deployed ones?"

"Elementary information already installed on drop ships. Will receive it in-transit. Focus study elsewhere."

The crafter lowered his neck such that his head was over the chest.

"Grateful."

Exohymm dismissed him with a gesture, and cleaned the substance stuck to his finger on the scabbard he wore, a synthetic pelt sheet that hung from the sharp structures on his upper shoulders and covered him down to his pelvis. He gazed at the fish-lens window of the spaceship, placing a claw over it as he leaned forward.

The release of the presently crippled Khimauri was ill-advised. Initial preparations required intelligent handling though. Modified creatures might serve to build some structures, but not to give them an initial grasp on local biological lifeforms. Pathetic. They knew far too little, and even when they learned it would take time and effort to restore their ability to manipulate the local life's forms. Unbecoming of the khimauri to offer such an underperformance to the mother brain. And yet, it was all they could do, for now.

He touched what appeared to be a bubble on top of a semi-organic platform covered in intestine-like metallic tubes. The bubble wiggled and expanded, pulling up a flower of thin metallic limbs which "bloomed" and split the bubble in between each. Electrical signals flowed and discharged into the green substance, causing images of various segments of the ship to appear within them. Exohymm grabbed one of the spikes.

"All already awakened selected scouts, begin mobilization. Other members of invasion force have begun. Several areas of dense forestation have been located. Ideal drop time: Lowest available light period in selected area given positioning relative to nearby star. It is believed local intelligent lifeforms have weakened sensory capabilities in low-light conditions. Low light and dense cover of local flora should be sufficient to temporarily mask your activities in support of your stealth suit technology." Exohymm gave them a moment while he considered some immediate concerns before continuing. "Study lifeforms, afterwards, harvest their biomass. Prioritize understanding of pathogen and immune systems, but do not disregard other opportunities."

The agreement to obtain stealth technology would likely prove crucial during the early stages of the operation, albeit the price paid was proved steep. Further the regeneration of some damaged bodies required an initial unexpected investment as well given their failing regeneration. Killing research subjects so soon was wasteful. Keeping the flow going was necessary. While and where they could, they would both need to earn knowledge and recover resources.

A soft growl escaped the mandibles on Exohymm's mouth as he gently pushed the metallic limbs to close them back. Under ordinary circumstances a thought would have sufficed. Yet another sign of this troublesome circumstance. The chief-director moved further inside the ship to begin working on that old mostly obsolete (for the khimauri) technology for biological repair.

Visual/Extra Panel

Actions and Resources

• [1] Create 5 Agents [Stealth tech and Laser Weaponry - Close range or melee] (-1 Biomass) (Deployment in dense jungle at nighttime)

[2] Capture Local Wildlife for study and biomass

[Research] Field Medicine

Interacting With: N/A
Mentions: N/A
May Also Want to Read: N/A

Last edited:
The Void Whisperer
Turn 01

The awakening came and the Void Whisperer exited the canister that sought to contain its essence. It reached out, seeking other parts of itself and found nothing. A depressing revelation to a being that once controlled an entire world of entities bound to its will. Sentients once sought to partake of the power and glory that the Void Whisperer could grant them. This was brought to ruin with the Masters coming to seize his world in conquest. The Whisperer had been turned into an oddity, a collectible in the menagerie of conquest that the Masters built even as they eventually destroyed one another. Pathetic.

It's subservience to the Masters and more so the Mother Brain irked the Void Whisperer. It had come so far, evolved beyond the simplistic, all consuming nature of its own kind to find power in spreading itself to other beings rather than merely devouring them and their worlds in an orgy of reproductive power. The Masters were their own form of foolishness, so exultant in their psychic dominance that they had allowed their bodies to wither away. The Whisperer relished the power it could gain here even if in service to a dying race. This world was full of souls and bodies that the Void Whisperer could spread itself into. Admittedly, its survival now required it to appease the Mother Brain as that would buy it the time it needed to potentially explore a means to make the Mother Brain and Masters part of itself. It assumed they already knew this and were simply amused by its ambitious nature, like it was some huffy pet puffing itself up. It would let them laugh at it. Until it was no longer a joke to them.

The Void Whisperer drifts into the chambers it was sealed in, observing the screens coming to life with data flows. The intelligence on the missing scouts was troubling, but meant it was something it could pursue for potential favor. Unlike the others, it was going to have to strand itself and infect a region. It needed new hosts to become nodes of its expanding existence, or more for that existence to expand again. There were several potential leads from the message traffic. This was a very noisy planet, full of data overflow for untold subjects. It was a wonder the species even knew what it was doing, or even that it had reached the point of cybernetics and genetic modifications without suffering societal breakdown.

He found it. Cult of the Severed Star. A UFO Cult as indicated by the Mother Brain's intel gathering that was already starting to come in. They had been sending radio waves out into space. The Whisperer called up these waves even as it began to work to understand the species. It would learn their messaging as it descended towards its new hosts. This was the beginning of a new dawn for itself. This Severed Star would be the foundation for its true rebirth as a greater entity. With that thought in mind, the Void Whisperer accesses the node of Energy provided to it and absorbs it, shuddering and glowing as its creates Voice to spread itself. Its Voice made manifest, it flows into the waiting meteor probe and set the coordinates for this curious cult sanctuary. It was time to begin.

The Seed Ship angles a launch tube and fires the meteor from it, laden with the Void Whisperer itself, eager to start its work.

Actions
Free: Consume 1 Energy (0 Left) to generate 100 Voice

1: Make contact with UFO Cultists (Cult of the Severed Star)

2: Expend 90 Voice to convert the UFO Cultists into Minions (80) and generate 1 Agent (10) (10 Voice Remains)

Unity: Seek sources of Energy to tap into around the Cultists.​

Resources:
-Biomass: 2 - 2 = 0
-Materials: 2 - 1= 1
-Energy: 1

Vehicle Bay:
2 Probes
1 Scout Ship
2 Fighters (Storm Cannon)

The Psionic Legions:
Soldiers: 25 (Lasers)
Agents/Leaders: 5 (Lightning)
Turn 1 Actions:

Research: Surface Installation

Free action: Equiping standard troops with Laser weapons and the Agents with Lightning Weapons

1. Reawaken 25 foot soldiers and 5 agents, and activating 2 fighter crafts for duty.

2. The Acquisition and control of a Prominent Politician within the nation known as Russia. The Abduction will field a team of 3 Agents, 6 Soldiers, and Valsrim himself who wishes to test the capabilities of the creatures living on this world. The team will be using the basic stealth tech to hide their presence. They will also use a Scout Ship to make the infiltration and that will be protected by both fighters.

1697318653217.png
The Great Awakening Begins...
(Purple means Psionic Communication, Green means vocal speaking)​

Valsrim awoke in his cryo chamber, the sign that the time had come for the newest conquest. Another system laid before the seed ship, left to be plundered and conquered like the ones before. A cycle that hasn't been broken, and one that the Selkim must now participate in. The cryo tomb opens and Valsrims steps out into the chamber of cold steel and clicking machines. Slimy ice oozes off his body as he reaches for his storaged equipment, trying to remember home. He only remembers his humiliation at having been bested by the motherbrain, and the scores of his subservient races lying dead before his palace. The most powerful Emperor in Selkim history, the one who united his world completely was simply outmatched in power by the motherbrain. The last Emperor Valsrim saw was of his home world burning before being subjugated and absorbed into the motherbrain's armies.

He shook his head, focusing back on task. Once equiped with everything he would need, Valsrim checked on his storage of resources. It was truly a pitiful amount, he remembered there being more. Unless the Motherbrain consumed most of it to keep the ship sailing... guess he'll just have to use what he has left. He picked up a datapad and marked pods for reawakening, as well as marked 2 fighters for operational duty. With a tap he created a holographic image of the world soon to be conquered. From the reports there are many different nation states, ranging from consitutional monarchies to republics. He looked at the one that was the biggest in terms of territory, the nation known as Russia. It certainly qualified for the term empire, yet instead it's listed as a Federal Republic. No matter for this will be Valsrim's first look upon this world. It would probably be best if he took control of one of their politicians, insider knowledge on the state of the world and their goverenment could be valuable.

The hologram closed and Valsrim left to go gather a team amongst those of the selkim that were just waking up. He reached out with his mind to each of his subjects to form something akin to a Psionic handshake. They also formed a Psionic network amongst themselves for communication and Valsrim proceeded to explain the plan.

"We have arrived Brothers and Sisters to the world our Master wishes to conquer. The other warlords have picked out their targets, ours is located in the nation of Russia. We are to abduct one of their prominent politicians and control them as usual. The knowledge they can provide us will shape our understanding of the world, and allows us to start the seeds. I will oversee this mission myself to see their own capabilities. We shall assault during this world's night cycle and as well use the stealth tech the Ditoc have provided us. Our infiltration will be from the scout ship, we also have two fighters escorting us in case they are needed. Glory to the Velkar!"

The team loaded on the Scout ship and headed forth to their destination and destiny.

Abduction theme song:

“Unspeakable, who sit’st above these heavens,
To us invisible or dimly seen
In these Thy lowest works, yet these declare
Thy goodness beyond thought, and power divine.”​

It is said that all of existence is 𐬀𐬴𐬀 and 𐬛𐬭𐬎𐬘, truth and deceit, order and chaos. All conflicts in the universe are born from this inherent struggle between the two. Within the amorphous boundaries of this eternal war, lies salvation. That is what the preachers cry from the tallest spires of their temples. What lords tell their soldiers as they take their finals breaths. The Mother Brain's fleet has seen conquest after conquest. Day by day the Mother Brain's reach grows deeper and farther into the Sol system. A holy war to purify the stars of 𐬛𐬭𐬎𐬘, bringing the flames of war to the enemy. Soon their existence will be little more than a distant memory. That is what the preachers say.

Belief will not save us. Lies will not protect us. But it is our hope and pride that will damn us in our spires. Our people sing of salvation. Salvation as the galaxy burns. Salvation as the Mother Brain's tendrils suffocate the stars and the heavens. Salvation as we rage against the dying flame...

“He who keeps himself pure by good thoughts, words, and works.
“As to the right purity of one’s own body, that is the purification of every one in this corporeal world for his own state,
When he keeps himself pure by good thoughts, words, and works.”​

Zoroaster woke from his cryo-sleep as the smell of incense permeated the chamber. Before him lay a dizzying maze of his loyal followers, all wistfully slumbering in their pods. This was no time to sleep, yet not all were ready in mind and body to act. No, he had to be cautious and only pick those who he could trust to learn and grow through his teachings. Quickly, he began to tap on a nearby data pad to ensure that only the worthy would awaken to join him in his first steps to the Earth. Yet, as he tapped through the datapad, Zoroaster quickly learned of the Mother Brain's eagerness. She had already gathered substantial information of the planet and his people. Among the most eye opening and alarming to him were the disappearance of those who knew and embraced the truth... hidden away by these "Cleaners". This could not be left unchecked. The truth had to prevail against the suffocating darkness. Zoroaster quickly began tapping on the data pad as he curated a careful message to seek others who would join him on his holy mission.

---

Actions:

1. Awaken 10 Agents (-2 Biomass)

2. Establish a surface installation by the Gaysky Mine in Russia with an Alien Mine + Free T1 Building (Government Support Facility - Hiding in Plain Sight Perk/Benefit). The Government Support Facility is intended to support/serve as a spring board for Ditoc and his Pengs to dig in deeper to investigate the "Cleaners" who appear to have ties with the former Soviet Union by opening up doors and relations to political figures for the former Soviet bloc. (-2 Mats, -1 Energy)

Research: Research Labs

---

Reference Sheet:
Gifts:
Intelligence(x2) - Curious
Willpower(x2) - Incorruptible
Psionics - Understanding
Fellowship(x2) - Charismatic
Offense - Resourceful
Toughness - Dutiful

Malus:
Frail Strength: Being voidborne made bones weak. Reduced melee potentials.

Skills

2 Any - Investigation, Counterintelligence
1 Int - Research
2 Social - Negotiation, Preaching
1 Psionic - Mind Control

Techs:

T0:
Alien Mine
Laser Suite
Basic Stealth
Titanium Armor (Vessel/Troop) (6+)
Augmented Engines (6+)
Nuclear Drive
Probe/Scout Ships (vessels) (Free)

T1:
Government Support Facility

When you build a surface installation, you gain a free facility of T1 or less. (hiding in plain sight)

Last edited:

Ditoc's deftly manipulated the controls of the Peng storage section's console within the depths of the Sleeper Ship, confirming the fateful order with a decisive slap of his flipper when prompted to. A slender mechanical arm slid, rotated, and brought down individual cryogenic stasis pods from the shelves his people rested within to thaw out as a conveyor shuttled the fighters and scout ships he had selected for this initial stage of the invasion to the hanger where his awakening forces will preen over their engines, electronics, and weapons as if they were their own feathery coats.

Eyelids drooping, he pushed himself back from the hypnotizingly colorful surface he had been leaning against. Shaking his head side to side, he rubbed the crust away from his four eyes, the beak atop his head opening and closing involuntarily as he yawned. "Fuck this shit! I am out!" He repeated for his benefit, turning on some music on his datapad to stay conscious for a little while longer.

Glancing at the largest army and 'fleet' the Motherbrain would have at her disposal straight off the bat as he left the booth, he suddenly remembered another phrase he had taken to heart. "You fools will need the help." He repeated for their's.

Tobogganing on his belly across the icy walkways to the door of the Peng hanger's flight control room, he entered and briefly observed the probe, fighter, and scout ship craft arrive with a quiet burble of satisfaction before grabbing a warm mug of piping hot fish oil and turning his attention to the recently downloaded images and freshly printed documents he had elected to display and plaster over the bank of glowing terminals and a corner of the far wall. He could nap later. These 'Cleaners' had to be dealt with.

It seemed the Motherbrain's missing-in-action reconnaissance group didn't go unnoticed by the Earthlings. Not only had civilians become aware of their presence on the terrestrial homeworld, but an early 'x-com initiative' had taken the form of the masked Cleaners. Oddly enough, their chosen visages, not so dissimilar to that of a muton, reminded him of something he had read about once. Gas masks. Peng only had use for them in diving, laboratory, and spacefaring settings, but these were made for environmental catastrophes and biological, even radiological, warfare. Russian... No... Soviet, make. PBFs if he wasn't mistaken, taking a sip of his beverage.

And he so rarely was.

Actions

1. Power up 4 fighters and 2 scout ships in hangers. Release 15 agents and 25 troops from cryogenic stasis. Twist Twist , who is producing only two support vehicles, is helping with the build queue. 2/2 FATE points expended to improve the odds of a favorable outcome.

2. Attempt to interdict cleaner activity or monitor them to gain intel on where they nest.

Task force performs a splashdown into the Pacific Ocean under cover of nightfall, attempting to slip ashore on an empty stretch of 'Russian' coast and flying low to the ground to avoid radar detection.

They plan to attack any sites of Cleaner activity or abduct/kill Cleaners by disabling and then assaulting the interiors of their downed transport aircraft or crashed vehicle transports once identified (units are advised to not use gas weapons).

If they lack any leads, they monitor UFO spotters as well as journalist and politician whistleblowers in former/current countries known to have used Soviet era PBF gas masks until they detect Cleaners in transit away from any major population center or encounter them during the stakeouts. Civilians are abducted if they spot the task force's doings.

Identifying the main Cleaner HQ so that the organization can be dismantled as early as possible is the task force's main objective.

Probe 'Fry' (1/1 crew/passenger)
• Agent DX

Probe 'Tadpole' (1/1 crew/capacity)
• Agent JI

Fighter 'Hawk' (2/2 crew)
• Agent OZ
• Agent PG

Fighter 'Osprey' (2/2 crew)
•Agent PX
•Agent OV

Fighter 'Eagle' (2/2 crew)
•Agent NS
•Agent GQ

Fighter 'Falcon' (2/2 crew)
•Agent MP
•Agent YS

Scout Ship 'Crabfish' (10/10 crew) (1/3 passengers/capacity)
• Ditoc
• Agent BF
• 9 Peng Troops

Scout Ship 'Monkfish' (10/10 crew) (0/3 passengers/capacity)
• Agent UH
• Agent MF
• 8 Peng Troops

Supply Ship 'Swordfish' (10/10 crew) (0/3 passengers/capacity)
• Agent OJ
• Agent AI
• 8 Peng Troops

The species has natural bonuses to intelligence and perception, but maluses in the form of sleepyhead fellowship and acoustic mimicry that came with an emergent advantage (TBD). They are aquatic++.

They have developed aptitudes in dedicated fieldcraft, rational intelligence (x2), dutifully cute, insightful tech, protective strength, responsive toughness, and observant perception (x2).

Hit Points: 11.

Ditoc is skilled in charm, linguistics, history, research, gliding, hacking, and navigation.

He has cybernetic ocular implants, auditory implants, and environmental implants.

He is a melee specialist armed with a stun baton, and with a back-up stunpistol. He wears the mantle of a warlord (universally absorbs one soak). His special talents are takedowns and jaded (casualties do not effect morale).

Alien mine, trade goods, stun suite, ballistic suite, laser suite, titanium armor (6+), supply ship, nuclear drive, augmented engines (6+), and basic stealth.

3. Research subdermal armor cybernetic implants.

Last edited:
Zarath, Warlord of the Levas
Turn 1

Within the bowels of his hanger, the Warlord of the Levas aimed his sniperlas at a titanium target that he had set up across the room. With a flash and noise not unlike the sizzle of meat, a lance of red light flashed between his weapon and the target, the latter being knocked spinning. With a click of his long tongue, Zarath lowered his weapon and adjusted the scope on it slightly, the long years of no maintenance having taken their toll on the weapon's sights.

"I know you are there Zecor, your talents at stealth are excellent but you know that you can't hide from me," The warlord called out to the hanger, not taking his eyes off his weapon. Behind him another Levas faded into view from the shadows, an approximation of a scowl on her muzzle.

"How you always do that I do not know Zarath, ever since we were fragging hatchlings," the agent scowled at her commander, arms crossing over her chest. "One of these days I'll finally get you to tell me."

"I doubt you will, how are the others finding it to once more be free to move as they wish?" The warlord stowed the weapon over his shoulder for the moment, turning to face his second in command.

"They are well, Zalin is complaining as he always does, Zinth is already pushing herself to her limits, and Zorno is getting the underlings equipped for battle," as she spoke the female Levas eyed the ship that was their factions, an excited expression forming on her muzzle at the idea of getting to fly again. "As for Zulan, well."

"I'm right here little brother!" From behind the warlord a larger than average Levas appeared, a wide smile on his muzzle as he looked down at the other two. "Tell me, when do we go into the glorious battles that are to come!"

"Soon brother, soon," Zarath himself grinned, and glanced at the map of this 'Earth' that was on the hanger wall. "We shall once more prove our worth to the Mother Brain, and claim another race to join us in the glory of her light!"

ACTIONS

1. Awaken Units - 5 Agents, 25 Trooops (2 Biomass)
2. Attack a farm in Rural Alabama

Research: Alien Lab​

THE GARRAXANS
"New conquest?"

"Yep."

"Whatsit called?"

"Earth, apparently."

"... Bah. A planet named 'Dirt' sounds too peaceful."

"Joon, you haven't seen a planet violent enough for you since Tartrax IV."

"I haven't even nearly died in 50 cycles, yeah."

"Well what do you expect? There's nowhere like Garaxxa. At least here they have this nice little creature called a 'honey badger', apparently."

"Oh?"

The Garaxxan holds up a viewscreen, with a stolen recording upon it.

"Look at the thing. Ain't it adorable?"

".... Heh, alright, I'll give you that."

Research Intention
We are the best fighters in the Mother Brain's armies- And we didn't get there by resting on our goddamn laurels! Research into advanced fighting techniques! One of ours is already worth five of theirs- We should make them worth ten!

Actions
1. Produce 5 agents, 25 troops [2 biomass]

2. Find the deadliest, most dangerous animals on the planet- and HUNT THEM! It'll be a nice warm-up, and the new flash-gens need to get blooded!

Lord Imperious
Warlord of the Cython

Pre-Conquest
Planet: Psionic
Ruling Caste: Psionic
Warlord Role: Hierophant
Gifts
Perception (x2)
Willpower (x2)
Offense
Toughness
Psionics (x2)
Melee Skill
Skills
Manipulation
Mysticism
Technical
Endurance
Dark Symmetry
Extra-sensory Combat
Traits
Perception - Insightful
Willpower - Fanatical
Offense - Adaptable
Toughness - Self-reliant
Melee skill - Oppressive
Psionics - Superstitious
Gear
Light flak coat (2 soak, arms/body/legs)
LasBlade
PsiBlade (foci for psychic powers, stronger with psionics with them equipped/available.)
Nanites (x2)
Characteristics
HP: 11
Fate: 4
Divination: "A wary mind is a healthy mind" (Increase your perception to perceptionx2. You may reroll any checks to avoid being surprised.)
Technology
Titanium armour
Fighters
Alien mine
Alien lab
Laser suite
Resources
2 Biomass
2 Materials
1 Energy
2 probes (autonomous but can carry a single passenger if desired)
1 Scout ship (can carry a small team to the surface, relies on eluding interceptors)

Deep within the bowels of the ominous sleeper ship hovering near Earth's orbit, the cold tendrils of cryogenic stasis began to recede. As the cryo-pod began to thaw, the three powerful brains that comprised the consciousness of the Lord Imperious stirred, the various lights in its semi-transparent, cobra-like hood pulsing as each awakened in a staggered sequence. Fear was the first to rouse, a primal emotion that gnawed at the edges of his cumulative mind. It swelled like a wave, bringing with it a unsettling rush of disorientation and vulnerability.

A single, vast cybernetic eye flickered to life, its red glow piercing the shadows of the chamber in anxious haste. The cryo-pod was bathed in a dim, eerie light, revealing the long, serpentine form of the Lord Imperious coiled within. He unfurled his metallic and sinewy body and the clawed fingers that sat at the end of his elongated limbs twitched with a blend of trepidation and anticipation.

As the initial vestiges of fear began to recede, a surge of anger swept through the Lord Imperious. It coursed through his veins like lightning, fuelling his thoughts and actions. His fanged jaw clenched with a mechanical whir, and the chamber seemed to reverberate with his growing discontent. Anguish at being roused from his slumber, rage at the interruption in his quest for eternal order and perfection, these emotions and more swirled within him.

And then, as the anger peaked and subsided, it was replaced by something darker, something insidious that seemed to erupt from the deepest recesses of his being. Hatred, like a torrent of lava, consumed the Lord Imperious. His glittering pitch black cloak billowed around him as he uncoiled and pulled himself from the cryo-pod. The psionic cyborg exhaled a breath that was more a hiss and turned his eye to the other capsules that littered the halls.

With a mere thought from the Lord Imperious, the other cryo-pods mechanisms started to hum and disengage. As their occupants emerged into the chamber, their ruby armour gleamed in the soft light. Their humanoid frames, deemed more practical for warfare, stood in stark contrast to the slithering shape of their leader. Assembling before the Lord Imperious, the Cython Warriors dropped to one knee, their heads held low, as they awaited their master's command.

Actions:
  1. Use 1 Biomass to produce/awaken 25 troops. (Apply skill: technical, if applicable)
  2. Abduct human transport for additional Biomass and use in research project.
Research:
  • Human biology (for Cython/human cybernetic interface and covert infiltration applications.) (Apply skills: mysticism, technical and dark symmetry, trait: insightful and divination, if applicable.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back