• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Alcatraz for the Gifted and Insane CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Sasha ate his food and kept observing people as he was again, getting bored. He was tempted to leave in search of anything interesting to do but instead decided to wait a bit longer. Just as he was about to take another bite he heard the girl from earlier and felt tempted to walk up to her but he had no idea how to deal with emotional people. What would he say? He sighed and decided he wasnt the right person to talk to her, besides soon after that she was called over to a table with a group of kids and seemed better already. He smiled and returned to eating his food. When he was halfway done he decided to stop eating and pushed the plate to the side. While the place was confusing and filled with people he enjoyed it now and smiled while he was daydreaming.

!* Hey Guys! Sorry to post here OOC, but I just wanted to throw in what the dorm building looks like. The first floor is self explanatory,
the second AND third floor are where the dorms/rooms are. I didn't make a map for the third floor, because it relatively looks that
same as the second. Happy RPing!*!

Dorm building first floor.jpgDorm building second floor.jpg

Oliver smiled, finishing the last of his sandwich and chugging his orange juice. It had taken him years to find a single friend when he was living regularly and now on his very first day in a school named after a famous prison he had already found someone who seemed kind enough. The thought made his face glow with happiness and he stood to grab another glass of juice. On his way over to the pitchers he saw the nurse who had given the tour walking over to the kid who had smiled at him, she had a wheelchair in her arms and she was struggling a bit, he figured he go over to help her out but was a touch late as she approached the table. He couldn't catch much of their conversation but managed to hear the kids name; Julian. He poured himself some juice and returned to his seat beside Break. "Your hair is pretty cool, how'd you get it like that?" He asked, giving a quick side glance to the older looking student. He definitely didn't look like a he could be in high school, Oliver figured that Alcatraz must have college courses or something similar if they had a student that old. Wait... does that mean I'm gonna be here forever? Any of the peace he had come to melted away and he sighed to himself.

Ramona finished up with her French horn, putting it away gently and then humming lightly as she walked through the halls, a slight smile on her lips before she turned a corner and saw a few of the faculty standing near an open classroom, she quickly put on a stony expression and strutted past them, smiling when she heard them whisper about one of those problem kids. She enjoyed that title, even if it meant that it brought her a hard time most days.

Back in the cafeteria Oliver was on his second waffle sandwich, enjoying having a proper meal for the first time in... well in a while.

Nurse Tilly

She sat down on one of the chairs at the table and smiled at Julian. She began explaining her thoughts
on how to keep Julian from tiring so fast, and introduced the wheelchair.

"Of course you don't have to use it. But if your health continues to decline, you will most likely get put
on bed-rest. I figure this way you at least have a chance to participate, and be able to roam." She continued
on about how it would work. Staff would be informed, and would offer help if needed be. Julian could leave
the wheelchair down near the stairs, and when they cam down from the dorms, they would have access to
the wheelchair whenever they needed it. "We have a nurse trained with physical therapy, so after you get
to a healthy weight, we will start with training. And throughout that you will have doctors, nurses, teachers,
and even the Dean looking out for you." They ended their conversation, and Nurse Tilly unfolded the wheel-
chair so if Julian needed, they could start using it right away.

Tilly stayed in the dining room, sitting at one of the far side tables, to chat with one of the other staff
who were present. If anyone needed to talk to her she would be here.

Nat like the bug Nat like the bug

Voices.. Forms.. Monsters.. Depends on the person.

Lucious explained vaugly about what he could do. That would also have to be one thing Lucious would have to find out later. To figure out what everyone can do here, especially the faculty members at this institution. Lucious would still poke into the girl’s head, seeing if the interpretation of them would increase or decrease.

Hey Break.. Do you know what these faculty members can do? You know. The ones with special abilities.
Zayne1694 Zayne1694

Last edited:
Jennifer could feel a certain pressure coming from the man. She guessed that it was a sense of inferiority due to the fact that she was in front of the man in charge. Still, it seemed to her that he was trying to make her feel welcome. She gave a smile.

"Well, umm, according to my PhD, I'm specializing in Language arts, but I can also teach Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, Astronomy, Physics, Biology..." She ticked off the various subjects she covered over her few years of teaching, ranging from the Sciences, to the Arts. "Oh, but I'm really bad at History and Chemistry, and Theoretical Physics..."

She took a deep breath.

"That's about it."

Contrary to her appearance and ditzy demeanor, she had a base IQ of 165, which means she toed the line between genius and complete insanity. One foot was on insanity either way. She watched the dean shuffle papers into a stack, waiting patiently for her task. But something piqued her curiosity about the man in front of her.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, what happened for you to need a cane? N-not that you need to answer, I know it's none of my business..." She hung her head in embarrassment. " Sorry! Please forget I asked."

'Keep your mouth shut, Jenny. Keep it shut. Your silence is your most redeeming quality. Silence...' She heard a voice from the past fill her head. She shook her head to clear it and sat attentively.

Benjamin
After a lame talking to, Ben was already planning on getting up to no good. He wouldn't actually ruin
Xerxes things. He didn't even know why he said he would. Because I'm a professional Shit-stirrer. The woman
gave him a stern look, not as intimidating as Nurse Tilly or Dr. Stein, and then she left him alone. His stomach
growled. He forgot about breakfast again. Benny didn't want the food they cooked up though. No, he wanted
some of the good stuff. He decided it wouldn't hurt anybody, it was just food after all.

He walked back to the dining room, almost tempted to do another grand entry, but decided against it when
he noticed Ramona was no longer there. That's no fun. He couldn't even do anything to Xerxes because he
had gotten used to his shenanigans after the first 3 months of knowing each other. Walking straight in the room,
he headed for the food counter, ignoring everybody else. This was one of the rips of dimension he could actually
control. As useless as it may see, it had its perks.

He focused very hard on the spot above the food counter and watched as the seams tore apart. Smiling,
very proud of himself, he reached into the hole and grabbed a hold of a plate of food. In a different dimension
this building must be some sort of fine dining restaurant. There was always amazing food on the counter,
made professionally, to serve the rich. Benji sniggered, the people making the food probably drove themselves
crazy trying to figure out why they always were missing dishes.

Benjamin pulled through a steaming plate of Eggplant Parmesan, with a side of shell pasta, and the most
green broccoli he had ever seen. Bless the food gods, for they have created edible happiness. He closed the hole,
and watched as it stitched itself together, before grabbing cutlery. He turned around and assessed the seating
arrangements. He could sit with Xerxes, but he didn't want to freak out the girl who looked like she was
about to explode with emotions. He could always sit with the other kid who was sitting alone. Another
one of the new kids. Yep, that sounds like a plan to me. Benjamin sauntered over to the brunette, and sent the
boy a cheeky smile. Before setting his plate down and sitting.

"Yo, name's Benjamin. You?" He offered before he started eating.

Starsy Starsy

Break

Break looked over at Oliver, noticing him moving beside him. Seeing that he was alright, he turned his attention back to Lucious. "I only know a few of them." He sat back in his chair once more and took a sip of coffee, warming it up lightly. Pointing over at Nurse Tilly, he spoke once more. "The nurse can control other's emotions. You know calm them down when they freak out, kinda make them open up a bit. Dr. Stein can do stuff with brains. Giving or taking more dopamine or serotonin, you know brain chemical stuff. The Dean can read minds. Nothing ever really gets past him. You have to watch it around him. He seems like an old man but don't let that fool you." He takes another sip of his coffee when Oliver sits down next to him again. He reaches over and ruffles the boys hair lightly.

"As some of you saw earlier, I can manipulate fire. I can also manipulate time." He stated snapping his fingers, to stop a glass of juice from falling all over Ginger she knocked over with her tail. Break stood lightly and grabbed the cup, before letting time flow freely. He raised an eyebrow, noting that Oliver had yet another sandwich. Must have been starved before. "If you're referring to the color of my hair, then I was born with it this way. The style however, is of my doing." He smile sadly at the group, bright white teeth showing.

vielpotato vielpotato
culturaldisaster culturaldisaster

Dr. Howard

He nodded lightly as the woman spoke. He finally obtained a math and science teacher. It only took about two years. He grumbled lightly to himself, before stopping quickly realizing that the teacher might have thought that was towards her. "Good, good. How would you feel about teaching math at various levels, along with science and biology. The latter of which can be taught together, but again, there needs to be a level variance. He sensed that that she had many questions. One of which she must have meant to ask in her head, but instead stated out loud. Not that it would have done any good. He would have heard it either way. His eyes narrowed lightly, but decided to be rational. It was just a question after all, and he was to welcome all questions.

"I was in a very bad car accident some years ago. Along with damaging my leg, it took a lot of precious things away from me. That however, is not a conversation to be had at this time." He sat up and stood slowly with the help of his cane. He supposed it was time for him to show her where the rooms were. "Now if you'll follow me, I'll take you to the staff rooms." He walked to his doors, waiting for her to follow, and locking the office behind him. Without being fully aware if she was following or not, he began walking, lost in his own thoughts. They reached the stairs to the basement that lead to the staff housing. "Now Jeniffer, please don't feel any type of way. The staff housing is as far away from the students as possible. Here at Alcatraz, we want the staff to stay on the grounds due to the nature of our students, but have the ability to leave work behind. There are to be no students allowed in the staff housing. There are offices for each teacher and office hours are to be posted for the students to use." He warned her as they continue down the stairs. He put in the passcode in order to open the door to the housing. Complete with a small kitchen of their own, there were multiple rooms for her to choose from. "Nurse Tilly's room is the last on the right, and Dr. Stein's room is the last on the left. You are free to choose any between. There is also a kitchen for your personal use, but you are still allowed to use the student kitchen as well." He wrote down the passcode and handed her the paper. "This is to be torn up the moment you have it memorized. Now please, go unpack and relax and acquaint yourself with the buildings and grounds. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Nurse Tilly, Dr. Stein, myself or any of the other staff. With that, and trying not to seem rude, he turned and left and made his way back his office.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

hearing lucious a worried expression breifly crosses her face "h-how did you change your voice?" she asked, a tad frightened she then turned to the boy know as break "so, is ginger yours?"she asks curiously while petting the small feline with a now calm expression trying to use her abilities on herself to calm herself with little success.

(sorry again if my posts are short at times, I sometimes have to use my cell for a while which makes posts seem longer)

"Yeah I was talking about the colour. It's cool that you're just born with hair like that." He says before sipping his juice. Oliver tries not to flinch when Break touches his head, relieved when it's more of a friendly motion than a threatening one. He happily eats and listens to his and Lucious' conversation, pretending like the content of it doesn't seem a bit creepy. Instead he focuses on the little orange tabby cat that's walking around their table, purring loudly. He leans down to pet it and almost cries when it hops up slightly to gently ram it's head into his palm. "Aw, oh jeez you're adorable!" He looks over at the clock over the entrance of the cafeteria and notices that breakfast time is almost over, he wipes his hands on a napkin and stands. "Do we have classes right away today?"

Fire and Time.. A very interesting duo indeed. Also, kid, if you didn’t find it creepy or fearing of what I can be or what I can know..

Lucious says, as his face confirms into looking similar to a sterotypical devil as his eyes again fade into an abyss black.

I’d be worried what kind of stuff you’ve been through.

Lucious comments, as his voice acted as the Devil himself. Lucious chuckles too himself, as his laugh was demonic to a more normal laugh as his form twists back to normal.

Ah, I forgot to explain what I myself could do. After a few years of testing, I was able to find out fears of other people, and turn into them. However they see the monsters, or fears, the stronger or weaker I can be or seem. Also, I hope classes don’t start right away.. I quit high school for a reason once I ran from home.

Zayne1694 Zayne1694
xXSunnyXx xXSunnyXx

Comet Northstar
interaction:Lucious

she looked down, the thoughts of her abusive Father crossed her mind, she remembered the afternoon she came home and found her younger sisters mangled corpse lying on the floor and her bruised and beaten mother crying over her daughters body "so basicly, fear makes you stronger?" she inquired

Break

Break scooted away from Oliver just a bit, when he felt his hesitation when he rubbed his head. He didn't want the boy to be uncomfortable. He let's off a small sad smile when Oliver mentions how cool he hair is. "If I cared for being bald again, I would have shaved it off a long time ago." He whispers, turning his attention to Lucious then to Comet. "So essentially, you become one's biggest and greatest fear? And based on that fear, like Comet said, you gain or lose strength from that person's fear?" Break asked, briefly thinking back to his father. He never really feared him per se, he fear the person he became. But that person is gone, Break made sure of that. Sadly dear old mum had to go as well. He finished his coffee, taking his mug, and Oliver's dishes and took them to the dish bin, near the table of food. "Classes won't start until next week on Monday. There's going to be a Day Trip to town later this week, probably on Friday. They have us use that to get any clothes, food, books, games, and such. That way they don't have to worry about us trying to escape campus. If we try to escape, then it's off to detention until they see fit to let us out. You don't want to go to detention. You don't get to eat, do homework, read, write, or even sleep. The only thing you can do is sit in the silence and let your voices run free. I personally think that they use that to gain more information about us, but they say it's so we learn to behave." He walks back to the table and stretches a bit. He seems to be having a hard time shaking his past a bit, was it because of Lucious? And why can't he stay away from him if he's feeling this way?

vielpotato vielpotato
xXSunnyXx xXSunnyXx

Comet

given her abilities she could sense break was uncomfortable and she tried to create an aura of calm to keep things in check, she also seemed to be calmer and more relaxed, though she made sure that the aura stayed at the table only as she offered a Small smile to no one in particular.

Sasha snapped out of his daydream and giggled at the guy that just joined him "Oh hey! I'm Sasha nice to meet you" he said before looking around and sneaking another lollipop into his mouth. He had no idea why people didnt notice when he had pickpocketed them earlier but since it was to his gain he shrugged it off. He turned to look at Benjamins food and raised an eyebrow before leaning in closer to smell the air above it and then smiled before straighteing up again "wow that smells even better than this one!" he said and pointed to his half eaten plate. To be honest he was already full since he wasnt used to such big portions. "I was curious if you knew if the library has any books on emotions and such?" he asked and smiled before leaning his head and his hand and looking at Benjamin. He was curious about the boy but decided for once not to use his power, besides he had used it too much today already anyway and it was only morning, there were just too many people around who he was curious about and couldnt help himself.

HunterCameron HunterCameron

Jennifer sighed in relief that she did not get the cane on her head for asking such a sensitive question. She nodded at his question.

"Of course! If you want, I can even teach basic electronics."

She followed the dean to, what she believed to be, her room or choice of rooms. She then made a mental note to properly acquaint herself with her co-staff. She nodded when she was given the specific instruction.

With that, she watched him leave, but she still had one question that she needed the answer to, but unlike the first one, she kept her mouth shut. She would figure out soon enough, but...

'What are my students?'

She chose a room equidistant from both staffs and entered. It was basically lile every apartment she lived in, except not stained in blood. She had a feeling it would not be so for a time. She quickly ran to her car, where her meager belongings lay waiting in two big cardboard boxes. She put her hands on her hips.

"Oh, boy. Let's get started."

The first box was filled with books, about 40 books in total about every conceivable subject. The second was her clothes and hygiene gear. She put the clothes above the books and carried both in one motion. With a slow pace, she started the walk towards her room.

Oliver immediately feels bad for mentioning breaks hair, fumbling to save the conversation before turning to Lucious. "That's a really terrifying power. It's kinda scary to think there are kids that can do stuff like that while all I can do is--" he cuts himself off when Break takes his dishes to the bin. "Oh thanks, I look forward to that trip!"

Meanwhile Ramona is being berated for being in an empty classroom when she was not meant to be there. She reaches into the shadow of the desk and grabs a small journal, waving her hand dismissively to the staff member. "Yeah yeah you're a hero, can I go back to my room now?"

Lucious smiled, something he hasn’t done in quite some time. The fact that he smiled, without seeing anyone in particular, somehow convinced Lucious that this could be a permanent home. Something Lucious never had in the past 3 years.

Yes, my power could be scary to some people. However, it only depends on what other people fear in life.

Lucious said, chuckling again. Lucious would have to find out why he has been doing that so much. However, with the probable reason being human interaction with children similar to him, right now he is focusing on making some much needed friends.

One other good thing, is that no one doesn’t have a fear. No matter how buried it is in a person, it still exsists. Lurking, creeping through a person. Also, Break, does the dean only look through what one is thinking at that time or through everything?

xXSunnyXx xXSunnyXx
Zayne1694 Zayne1694

Comet Northstar
Day:1
Interactions: no one in particular

She nodded understandingly and ran a hand through her hair as images of her family flashed through her mind and hit her like bullets, which due to her influencing the mood/aura at the table, tinted the aura with pain and the slightest hint of fear mixing in with the calm. she locked her eyes on the table, trying not to make her powers obvious. she debated leaving but decided against it and she sat in silence trying to keep the aura at this table only and the voices in check, over the years she has realized that only those who manipulate emotions and auras like her can see different auras such as break who has a friendly aura right now and oliver, who has an embarrased aura now she glanced up at oliver "whats wrong?" she inquired curiously.

she knew something was bothering him, thanks to her abilities, but she didn't know what was wrong, a downside to her power that she wasn't exactly happy about but she lived with. "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, im just curious" she said looking down akwardly. She normally didn't butt into other peoples problems but the poor kid looked upset and it was saddening to her so she felt obligated to ask.

Last edited:
Julian

Julian's eyes widened at nurse Tillys kindness their thoughts scrambling to come together to say something back. As the nurse walked away Julian spoke loudly "T-Thank you!" they saw her smile and nod as she went to sit with other employees/teachers. Julian smiled breaking their own personal rule no to as they pulled the wheel chair closer to their seat. Happily they pushed the chair back and fourth checking out the motion of the wheels.
"This is great now i wont be as tired throughout the day" they giggled to them self and slipped into the seat.

Julian continued to move back and fourth in the chair as they sat, their momentary happiness taking over as they turned around in a circle getting a feel for the seat.
This is faster than I can walk which is really cool. Their stomach growled at the realization they haven't been eating. Julian picked up the special smoothie and took a sip which was difficult because of the thickness. They drank it quickly making a disgusted face as they finished.
"it taste and feels like sand" they shrank into their seat feeling gross from the drink.
Julian looks towards the table of food and rolls over to it taking a small portion of waffles and syrup. Happily eating the food to drowned out the taste of the smoothie.
"I can't believe I have to drink two of those a day just because I'm small for my age"
They audibly sighed then continued to eat their waffles savoring the flavours.
Julian was enjoying them self when an intrusive thought crossed their mind.
What am i doing? i don't deserve this kindness or the delicious food.
Julians smile fell and continued to eat as they stared into space once again.​

Benjamin

He finished another bite of his food, and then proceeded to drag the fork across the plate. Creating
a horrid sound, akin to nails on a chalkboard. He looked up to Sasha and stopped, isn't that a girl name?
He almost voiced his question, instead he opted to stab the eggplant on his plate. Nurse Tilly reminded
him that some people could get offended and that he could upset the new kids. Which wasn't a good thing,
because most of the kids who just arrived had done so because they were a danger without full control.
He sized up the boy in front of him... They didn't look like the sensitive type to him. What he did look like
was a goddamn giant. He stabbed the eggplant again, and ignored the question in favor of his observation.

"You're really fucking tall looking. Like Slenderman gone teenage heartthrob, without the-"Here he wiggled
his fingers "tentacle thingies. You and Ramona could have a regular conversation without having to look
down. I mean you would if Ramona actually conversed like a normal person." He rambled. Just shut up you big idiot.
"She didn't get enough hugs as a child growing up, they were probably scared she would crush them." Bless
her soul, but she really needed to learn how to talk with people. And he means talk, not aggressively say-shout.
He sighed, that poor, poor little (amazonian woman) edge lord. Pay attention you dingus.

"Ah, the library? The one here in the building doesn't," he took another bite of broccoli. "But the reference
one near the classrooms has all sorts of non-fiction books. There are medical handbooks, and I know that
they have emotional regulation books. I don't see why there wouldn't be one on emotions." He stood up,
and grabbed both of their plates, leaving dirty dishes on the tables was a big no-no. He headed over to the
dirty dish pit and placed them in the big bin, and turned back around. walking up to the table once again.
"We could go there now. I'll show you where it is, I wanted to stop by the music room anyways." He have Sasha
a big grin.

Starsy Starsy

Sasha giggled which then turn into a full out laugh "I have no idea what half the things you said mean and I love it! But I am really not that tall you know. There are many people here taller than me" he said and giggled again before he finally managed to calm himself down a bit. He couldn't help himself but laugh again as the boy rambled on about hugs and stuff about the girl crushing someone "well I am pretty sure no one in here had enough hugs as a kid, well or some had too many" he said and looked around before bouncing from his seat and onto his feet, he then nodded at the suggestion to go find the library "oh yeah lets go find the library! I need to learn about emotions before I do something else wrong without knowing it. I mean seriously! Out here there are just soooo many rules and why the hell is everyone so obsessed with morals anyway?" he realized that now he was the one rambling on and smiled "hey do you want a lollipop? It's insane how people just let them be stolen, but hey their loss is my gain right?" he said and pulled another one out of his pocket, he had two left and wouldn't mind giving one to Benjamin if he wanted to have one.

HunterCameron HunterCameron

Comet Northstar
Interactions: none (Open)

The voices in comets head started to whisper to her persuasively as she locked her eyes on her lap gritting her teeth "no" she said quietly under her breath debateing on getting up and leaving before things get worse but decides to stay for now 'shut the fuck up' she thought to the voice but the voices only got louder and more agressive until they where once again shouting at her, drowning everything else out, though this time, she reconized the voice as her fathers, she would know it anywhere.

"go away" she growled to the voices but that only made them andrier until she to rose her voice to "I said go away voice!" she said getting up and breaking into a light jog to the hallway where she sank to the floor and just closed her eyes and listened to the voice of her father shouting at her until she had silent tears streaming down her pale cheeks "your a failure!" the voice said "i-im sorry" comet cried quietly to the voice

Break

Break yawned lightly. "As far as I know, he can see everything. There was stuff he got from me that was more than what I was thinking at the time." He cracked his knuckles and glanced out the window. The weather must be changing, his bones were starting to hurt. God that made him sound old. He looked back at Lucious and where Comet was standing. "Huh... she must have decided to go look at the rooms." He whispered softly, not realizing that he spoke out loud. He looked around the dining hall and noticed only a few students left. That new kid was talking with Benny, what was his name? Sasha? He looked back at Lucious. "Is your power always," he waved his hand trying to think of a word, "on? Or do you have to, activate it, so to speak."

vielpotato vielpotato

Last edited:
It’s always activated to search, in case of someone with a powerful fear shows up. However, I can focus with my powers. So instead of having a wide search radius, I can do a more focused cone and see the particular fear.

Lucious states, as if it was nothing. Lucious realized, after stating what he could do, that he acted very condensending. Lucious couldn’t do anything about it however, as it was all in the past. Lucious then also realised the woman left, however he didn’t really mind. Her fear was somewhat on the weaker side, with it just being a voice. However, changing a voice could always be important for leverage or blackmail. Afterall, Lucious did use blackmail to afford living off of the streets and getting these piercings and tattoos.

Zayne1694 Zayne1694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back