• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Alcatraz for the Gifted and Insane (Needs more teachers/staff) CLOSED

Zayne1694

Just A Fucking Mess
So this is pretty much the gist of something I tried to start way back when. Could do maybe 6 to 10 members. If there are those interested, I'll make an OCC with a Character Sheet. Please let me know if you're interested :)

Sanity it is a thing beyond our grasp. An illusion. What does it mean to be sane? What does it mean to harness this control of self? The voices that laugh at us, curse us and utter their disgusts..they claim sanity. Yet they won't share it with us. For we are the children created in sin, birthed into deceit and hate. We are cursed for their downfall but we can't escape the label that they have ironed upon us; nor can we escape the cage that they've thrown us into.

A school. It is an academy of lies, a prison. Into Alcatraz for the unreasonable. Insane. For we are unnecessary and unclean. We must be separated..

Children of abuse, forced into this mental instability they had no choice. Their maulable young minds tainted by the memories of childhood. Fun. What was fun? Was fun when duct-tape tore sensitive lips? Was it to feel icy water hitting your naked body as you were treated like no more than a mangy cur that needed to be broken? What was it love that demanded that her child be burned so that she wouldn't have to live with her own mistake? Circumstances molded them into the unstable beings that they are.

Children with powers that make others fear. Powers that make others lock them away so they are unable to catch their self proclaimed disease of insanity. Powers to control the uncontrollable.

Society has definitions. A herd of sheep that casted out newborn wolves.

Now these people, these children, are forced away from society. The rules are simple. Obey. To do so is to live. Those that break it..will then break themselves. The words "special" and "gift" glaze the truth.

Here in Montana lies the modern Alcatraz, our cage.
Welcome...to our hell.

Last edited:
Character Sheet:

Name:

Nickname:

Sexual Preference:

Student/Patient:

Teacher/Orderly:

Reason sent to Alcatraz:

Knesis/Psychic Power:

Appearance:

History:

Personality:

Anything else posed as useful:

Last edited:
This looks so cool... I'd DEFINITELY be interested. I also wouldn't mind doing some 1 on 1 with you in addition to this if thats okay. (Assuming you accept me into this in the first place. If not I completely understand.)

This looks so cool... I'd DEFINITELY be interested. I also wouldn't mind doing some 1 on 1 with you in addition to this if thats okay. (Assuming you accept me into this in the first place. If not I completely understand.)

I wouldn't mind at all. You can go ahead and make a character if you'd like. And as for the 1 on 1, do you have anything in mind? If so, make a thread on 1 on 1 so we can chat. I'm not sure if I have the option for private messages yet.

I have a couple questions on it. Also I'm fairly sure you're fine on PMs. As for 1 on 1 stuff... I have nothing specific in mind. I like really messed up stuff though.

As in what your character to be. Originally, I just had it as students, but a school with no teachers seems weird. The olderly/patient part just means that the school has rules and such like would be at a mental hospital.

So we just write in student? And for now would you like us to have a teacher and a student?

You can have either or. The choice is yours. But if you have more than one character, change the colour of the font so we know who's talk.

Name: Dr. Ian Howard

Sexual Preference: Straight

Teacher/Orderly: Dean of Alcatraz

Knesis/Psychic Power: Mind-Reading

Appearance: Medium build, with lines beginning to show on his face, and thinning brown hair that is beginning to grey. Dr. Howard can typically be seen wearing a dark colored button down shirt covered with an accent colored sweater vest with a pair of ironed brown trousers. His sleeves were normally rolled up to his elbows and his black oxfords shined slightly in even the dimmest light. Around his neck, was a pair of glasses that he only used for reading. His icy grey eyes gave away the false sense of security and warmth that his smile showed. He always has a cane with him for his limp, due to his left leg injury.

History: Dr. Howard has a Master's and PhD in Psychology, specializing abnormal psychology and internal medicine. Transferring to John's Hopkins after finishing his undergraduate schooling at Dartmouth, he not only became the Chief Psychological Resident, but taught several courses at the University in different areas; including developmental psychology, abnormal psychology and English. One day there was a horrific car accident involving Howard and his wife and children, where a drunk driver lost control of his car during a stormy night. The truck t-boned the passenger side killing his wife instantly and slamming the car against a telephone pole, his oldest son's head cracked through the window due to the impact. This impact cause the pole to topple on top the car and Dr. Howard attempted to struggle to the back seat where his younger daughter was. But it was too late, as he watched her life fade away as her blood drained from the gash on her side, due to part of the door stabbing her. This accident caused the man to throw himself into his work, where his deeply hidden mental illness started to show. Sensing this, he requested to be sent to Alcatraz, that was newly opened. During the beginning years of Alcatraz, several students had gone missing and rumors floated around that Dr. Howard was the cause but it could be proven.

Personality: Before the accident, he was a charming and humble man, who would've given you the shirt off his back if he knew it would have helped. After the accident, he became bitter, cynical and manipulative. Luring one into a false sense of security only to destroy their sense of humanity.

Anything else posed as useful: He obtained his mind-reading powers during the accident, after he lost consciousness and was pronounced clinically dead for five minutes. Miraculously, they were able to revive him and along with minor motor skill damage, leaving him with partial loss of movement in his left leg, it also unlocked a part of his brain that now allowed him to read minds. Due to this, he now experiments on others that show signs of abnormality in order to figure how the powers come about.

(WIP - Hemokinesis)

Character Sheet:

Name:

Nickname:

Sexual Preference:

Student/Patient:

Teacher/Orderly:

Reason sent to Alcatraz:

Knesis/Psychic Power:

Appearance:

History:

Personality:

Alrighty so since I'm still new here, I don't know all the mechanics yet. But I attempted to do the links at the top of the thread to the character thread, main thread and the ooc thread. But I'm not entirely sure if it worked. So I also put the links in my signature. So those of you who started characters if you could put them in the character thread as well that would be cool. But let me know if those links don't work and I'll do what I can to fix them.

Character Sheet:

Name: Netanya Aaronovich

Nickname: Tanya

Sexual Preference: Straight

Student/Patient: First year in Alcatraz

Reason sent to Alcatraz: Murder/suicide

Knesis/Psychic Power: Vocal-Induced Manipulation (Can tell people what think, feel, and do by talking to them. If she wants you to kill yourself you do it, if she wants you to cry you will do it. However she can only control people who can hear her speak, she must talk, they must be alive, people with a high intelligence are able to fight back)

Appearance: Netanya is 5”3 and rather thin much like a twig. She has brown eyes that match her long brown hair which she always wears in a fishtail braid. She has scars on her body from self harm and abuse. She has gorgeous olive skin that always looks like it is well moisturised and looked after. She usually sticks with converse, black jeans, and a button up blouse. She has no piercings or tattoos although she has always wanted to get her ears pierced and rebel from her parents.

History: Netanya was brought up in a not so supportive family. Whilst growing up with her three older brothers and her parents, she was often beaten and framed for things she didn’t do. She was that disappointment and the accident that happened whilst her parents were on vacation in her mother’s eyes. This of course is not her real family, her biological family had died when their family’s home went up in flames, no one knows why but people have their suspicions. Netanya never went to school, her parents said that they could not afford it after sending their three sons to school but as she grew older she could see that they did have the money but chose for their daughter to miss out on a perfectly good education. At age 12, she began to learn how to read and write. As she was learning these things she became more aware of the abilities she had. It started when she had an argument with her friend, they weren’t that close (in his eyes) but she considered her to be very special. They talked to each other over the fence in their small backyards. Netanya grew to like the boy that she had talked to for months until she saw him have a girl over and he stopped talking. She didn’t like the idea so when he came back to talk to her, she didn’t want to hear it and told him to kill himself. Not a moment later he walked into his father’s shed and shot himself. Sure, you could say that he took it literally and he did it and it wasn’t supernatural at all after all that’s what Netanya had told herself for a long time until it kept happening except on a lower scale. She made people cry, she made people kiss, she made them do embarrassing or stupid things. Until one night when she was 16. She was watching TV when her three brothers and her father beat her and raped her while her mother just watched, this is what made her snap. She had an idea of her abilities, either she was going to look stupid or she could finally stop this. Let’s just say it was violent and when the police and forensic officers came to investigate they were shocked when they found her watching TV in their blood. (May or may not be revealed later on)

Personality: Netanya is rather quiet, she hasn’t found any friends since the family event. She doesn’t smile very often but it’s the small little things that make her smile like seeing little children being happy. Netanya is rather smart for someone her age and with the history, she isn’t the smartest out there but she is among the top few. She prefers to keep to herself, she doesn’t tell people how she feels in case she develops feelings for them. Netanya also has a weird fascination with Africa by Toto, some say it’s the song that was playing when she killed her parents and siblings but she knows the reason why.

Freak_Of_Nature Freak_Of_Nature Could you also put your character sheet in the CS thread? Please. Also I noticed I never replied to it but thanks for the likes on my profile picture.

Also, if you want to double up as a teacher and a student or just a teacher that teaches multiple classes that is an option. I just want to be able to know which character is which, so just change your font color.

are there any constraints on powers and reasons for being sent?

Just don't overpower yourself. You can have multiple powers but don't go overboard. Also try and limit multiple people with the same power. As for reasons for being sent there aren't any. Try to use it for how your characters powers were formed. But you can also put that in the anything else posed as useful part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back