• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Alastor - Private Eye Agency (A Detective Roleplay)

How should we talk OOC?

• Via Discord

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Via an OOC thread on RPN

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, and I'm writing this here since some may not see it in the CS, the majority of you have decided on using art to represent face claims. The vote was 7 to 4, and I'll be closing the poll today since the deadline is solely yet steadily approaching. Can't wait to see all of your characters!

Discord channels are definitely easier to manage but since I'm in GMT my phone gets notifications all night so I tend to mute them and forget about them, so I guess RPN would be the ideal choice for me. Also if we finish the CS do we post it on the CS thread or PM it to you directly?

I check discord more often and tend to miss everything that's happening in the ooc thread due to a lack of notifications so discord would be easier for me lol! And i think i missed the deadline, when is it?

I check discord more often and tend to miss everything that's happening in the ooc thread due to a lack of notifications so discord would be easier for me lol! And i think i missed the deadline, when is it?
I see what you mean! Tbf if there were separate channels for general chat and RP-related things then I can easily keep up to date so I guess I don't mind either way. I believe the deadline's on Friday btw.

I see what you mean! Tbf if there were separate channels for general chat and RP-related things then I can easily keep up to date so I guess I don't mind either way. I believe the deadline's on Friday btw.

True, and thank you!
Also i have no experience with art faceclaims, so what kind of are we talking about? Do anime / manga faceclaims also count or?

You get a lot more diversity with anime/manga but I tend to go for the painterly style a bit more because you can find some really interesting (and usually fictitious) portraits at a decent level of realism that would be pretty difficult to find in a photo (EG women with elaborate facial tattoos, incredibly skinny men with angular features and a myriad of piercings). I'm pretty sure it's personal preference but I guess that's also for rambler to decide.

Discord channels are definitely easier to manage but since I'm in GMT my phone gets notifications all night so I tend to mute them and forget about them, so I guess RPN would be the ideal choice for me. Also if we finish the CS do we post it on the CS thread or PM it to you directly?

Once you finish up your character post it on the CS thread. On the 1st September (or 2nd if I get delayed for some reason...) I'll be PMing the people that have been accepted to notify them of that.

True, and thank you!
Also i have no experience with art faceclaims, so what kind of are we talking about? Do anime / manga faceclaims also count or?

You can use any art style or medium. Anime, manga, digital, painting, etc. Basically, whatever looks good to you.

Oh my good lord, I was editing the CS on this website and the page crashed and I lost all of my edits. Guess I'm just gonna go pack now instead...is anyone else close to finishing theirs yet?

Oh my good lord, I was editing the CS on this website and the page crashed and I lost all of my edits. Guess I'm just gonna go pack now instead...is anyone else close to finishing theirs yet?

Sorta? I've got a general idea but need to sit down and really flesh her out.

Also, I'm sorry, that really sucks! I absolutely hate that!

Yeah I had to get mine done fairly sharpish since I'm moving tomorrow. I did most of it in a google doc with my friends but I thought I could chance it on the website as I worked on formatting and lost it all, oops. At least I've got a back-up.

Oh man, bad luck :/. I'm almost finished, I just need to flesh out her personality and write and bibliography. The two most grueling parts. I'm glad I'm not too far behind though, haha.

Good luck with moving, by the way!

God, I'm sorry this happened! Just don't worry too much about it. Formatting is not essential at all! Simply focus on moving safely, and good luck with that.

On a side note, I've experienced similar issues in the past, and it was absolutely infuriating. That is, until I found this Chrome add-on called Lazarus. I haven't had crashes for a long time now, so I can't vouch for the app's effectiveness, yet it has saved me some headaches before.

Posted my CS rambler rambler !

P.S. Warning to all - CS contains some mildly morbid descriptions. I figure we're all okay with this because of the nature of this RP, but just in case. ^^

What time exactly will the deadline close? I'm in GMT so I wouldn't like to miss it. I've got a few final touches to make.

Am I too late to submit as CS on this? I know the due date is tomorrow though I'm not sure if you have the spots filled up. It would be interesting and fun to join.

Am I too late to submit as CS on this? I know the due date is tomorrow though I'm not sure if you have the spots filled up. It would be interesting and fun to join.

I believe it's not really a first come first serve type of deal. You decide what spot you'd like to fill and go from there. If there are multiple - GM decides after submissions close on who gets the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back