Opinion Age gap

Role Model

/t r X s h /
Is it only me, or does anyone else feel like there's a HUGE age gap on a lot of roleplay sites? I feel like the majority of members average 11/12-14, while there's also a large portion that's 25-30+, but really not a lot in between.

And it's apparent that a lot of members are younger from the way they describe things, over dramatic/have to one-up the last guy who commented. And then you get the older roleplayers who have been roleplaying for years. I'm not really sure where I fit in these categories, since I'm 19. I find it very hard to roleplay on websites in which there are strangers because I can't identify with anyone, because I feel like there's nobody my age. 

Am I just crazy? Should it even matter if they're my age? Am I just overthinking it too much?

I'm 19 too, but I guess I just haven't thought much about it. I WILL say that most people I RP with are younger than me, except for a couple. They've gone as young as 13 as far as I know, but there are some who are only a year or two younger, so I guess I haven't felt like it's THAT much of a gap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what you are talking about, in regards to RPN at least: most people here are on their late teens to their twenties or thirties... I´ve barely known two people if even that much that were 14 or younger here and like five or six that were thirty or older...

Is it only me, or does anyone else feel like there's a HUGE age gap on a lot of roleplay sites? I feel like the majority of members average 11/12-14, while there's also a large portion that's 25-30+, but really not a lot in between.

And it's apparent that a lot of members are younger from the way they describe things, over dramatic/have to one-up the last guy who commented. And then you get the older roleplayers who have been roleplaying for years. I'm not really sure where I fit in these categories, since I'm 19. I find it very hard to roleplay on websites in which there are strangers because I can't identify with anyone, because I feel like there's nobody my age.

Am I just crazy? Should it even matter if they're my age? Am I just overthinking it too much?

Haha you're thinking too much. Last night while waiting around for the update a few members were telling each other their ages and the base sum was between 16-25 it was very interesting. I myself am only 23.

I thought most people were between mid teens to mid twenties. I'd love to meet more older users.

They're a rare breed that we must discover OwO

I'll be 19 here in May. I think that this site is filled with more mature people than most, though, I can understand why you would think a large portion of people who roleplay are in their early teens. For one, not many roleplayers(that I have found) utilize proper anything when they write/type. I myself can get quite frustrated and easily think that certain people are nothing more than children based solely on how they create pieces of a story.

On another note, am I the only one who is frustrated that you are not allowed to only use your year of birth on this site? It's either just the month and day; or the month, day, and year. I don't want everyone to know my specific birth date, but I am fine with them knowing how old I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back