• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Afflictions of Atavaria (ooc)

Other
Here
Hey everyone! I'm interested in playing a princess of the human kingdom. Got an idea where she used to have a twin brother, but while on the run for several years he either died or was captured (and brainwashed to serve the evil queen ?? :horns: ??). She's a innocent goody two-shoe trying to fill the hole her protective noble brother left and get justice for their people. She wields a sword that can only be drawn from its scabbard by someone it deems worthy (and totally isn't a knock-off Excalibur), something her brother had managed to do but she has yet to.

Hope I'm not stealing a role from anyone. I can play other races too.

Last edited:
Absolute sucker for a lady knight with a sword. unbeatable combo tbh ๐Ÿ˜Œ

if we are brainstorming like, i had an idea for possibly someone who was still a royal, but like, initially further down the inheritance line. A Prince-Harry sort of placement on the monarchy scale so to speak. A royal but somone whoโ€™s never really going to inherit anything of worth, surely (๐Ÿ˜)

course theyโ€™d then be moved super UP the inheritance line after the disaster at the summit, but its still ultimately all for nought cause of course they all go into hiding but then they have to grapple with their new ranking / not ranking and ugH

yes. this is gonna be a juicy one regarding character development and motivation ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Honestly my line of thinking for a character was more focused on a guide, maybe a spiritual creature that turned into a humanoid to help guide them but they themselves don't actually know what they are supposed to do and just wings it everytime while pretending to know things. Idk, still in the works

Just saw the interest board and the plot you guys got going sounds super interesting! Would love a spot when things get more fleshed out <3

hey, same as above! i was looking at the interest thread & wanted in!

Terrier B Terrier B Thanks! Already got pictures picked out for her.
sample_814460d6e1b9fe122bfd19a0bd082c0bc3d2a197.jpg
Were you thinking of playing a prince from the human kingdom?

Hey all! I posted this on the other thread too, but just to let you all know, we're working on right now getting the story and main character info together!

I did close the interest form, but I'll tag all of you who said that they are interested so you can have first look to info and such!

I think overall, we're planning maybe 6-8 royals, but bad guys, royal servants, etc could be an option too. We're getting everything together so stay tuned!

Faydflowright Faydflowright SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ithinkcat ithinkcat Terrier B Terrier B
AlmighTy AlmighTy Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Paradiso Paradiso Helaena Helaena
Megilagor Megilagor animegirl20 animegirl20 Lucipurr Lucipurr mizton mizton

Hey all, we've got some things hashed out now, so here's an update for ya:

-Fay just made me co-GM, so get ready to see some outrageous abuses of power helpful posts and kind words ;P

-I coded up a more in-depth setup post with the plot, the roles, and the rules, and you can find it in the new CS thread here.

-At the moment we have 13 interested players for 12 available roles so, if necessary, we can add one more in to accommodate, but first let's see who's still around and into doing this before we do anything crazy.

-I listed everyone who has so far expressed an interest in reserving a royal (let me know if I got any of them wrong). If you want to play a companion, friend, servant, bodyguard, guide- whatever, please let us know so I can complete the reserve list ^^

-The lore thread with background on the races and lands will be up soon, along with the CS skeleton.

-In the meantime, please brainstorm and plot with each other- all our characters were acquainted in childhood, which means we need to figure all that out (so we can write flashbacks about it ;P ).

-The story will start off with each little group/pair alone and on the run, so we can get some nice intro posts on the characters and their dynamics (plus some flashback posts to flesh out the background and origin story). Then we'll fast-forward (timeskip) to the reunion, where the quest proper will begin (that's right, there will be a quest, and a prophecy, and a mysterious Object of Power, and bad guy chase scenes and fights scenes, and much more, so be ready to get your epic high-fantasy adventure on! >] )

-Once we have most of the basic lore fleshed out and our characters ready to go, we'll look at a start date.

Thanks for all your interest and enthusiasm so far- we look forward to seeing what ideas you guys have, and feel free to reach out if you've got any questions~!

outrageous abuses of power
Sarcastic Oh No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Oh, a quick note on character ages: with the various species we have going on, I expect we'll see quite a spread in what age each character ends up being, but in human years all the royals should have been children to teenagers (for the non-royals there doesn't really need to be that restriction) who are now, twelve years later, young adults.

It would be good to get a decent spread between the younger and older royals, so that the younger ones can have flashbacks with childhood dynamics of play and the like, while the older ones can have teenage dynamics of friendship and rivalry and the like; makes for more interesting backstories~

I was planning on making my character around 20, so she would have been 8 around the time they had to go into hiding

Personally im aiming to be a guide preferably a few years older than the royalty for which i serve but no more than 5 year older.
Why exactly this well i just fell it would fit.

Looks like I'm late to the party! I already said I was planning on being a guide from the get go lol

Minor problem though, I'm on mobile so I can't really see the actual thing;-;

omg nice i was legit just gonna ask if i could dibs the Le' Ven Heir for the time being haha.

I'm working on a CS now, but would you like me to just go ahead and post my idea in a CS so it's nice and clear and set out, then we can further tweak or change it from there?

Or would it be preferable if I brainstormed what I'm thinking in a PM or somewhere else first, I'm down for whatever

omg nice i was legit just gonna ask if i could dibs the Le' Ven Heir for the time being haha.

I'm working on a CS now, but would you like me to just go ahead and post my idea in a CS so it's nice and clear and set out, then we can further tweak or change it from there?

Or would it be preferable if I brainstormed what I'm thinking in a PM or somewhere else first, I'm down for whatever
So for now, just tell us what you've got, so you can plot all the fun backstory stuff with everyone (particularly whoever makes her guide). Once I'm done with the Lore thread and the CS skeleton I'll link them here, and everyone can start posting up their characters.

Sweet, no probs!!
Ok so,
I've read through what lore has been given of the Kingdoms so far, and I'm just expanding it/guessing more from it currently? But more than happy to change and adapt it if I've made mistakes or presumed too much, no problem. But anyway

So I'll explain where she would hypothetically stand in the initial (Pre-Diaterenn Takeover) royal lineage first, as I think everything else will make sense from there.
It mentions in the Lore that La' Ven, at least after Diaterenn's takeover, is ruled by a council of elders who each preside and speak for a tribe that dwell within the kingdom? So I'm going off the base here that, prior to Diaterenn's takeover, the Council was headed by a sole ruler, a 'King' of sorts if you will.

We'll call him uh, King Jimothy for now haha.
So King Jimothy is the oldest of three, with one younger brother, and a younger sister.
Jimothy himself has four children, two boys, two girls.
If the La' Ven system of government is to run democratically, i.e. an elected Council Head as opposed to a 'Divine-Right' sort of situation, I still had it figured that Jimothy would be raising and training his oldest to, at the very least, run for the same leadership position when he comes of age. So effectively a Prince in all other words.

ANYWAY, My character, we'll call her uhh idk Susan for the time being haha, still honing in on the name currently.
Susan is the First, and so far only, Daughter of King Jimothy's brother, who acts as Jimothy's chief advisor and confidant.
Susan is somewhat of a undesirable misfit amongst the Head family. For her Mother is of far more common birth than that of other Council Members and Families.
Think your typical true love follow your heart sort of story with her parents. Susan's Dad disobeyed family order and tradition in his marriage to Susan's Mum. And has only really been allowed to get away with it because A) He's the second-born, B) His advise is just pretty too darn good to throw away over the sake of a unprofitable -marriage. I mean, it's not like Susan's gonna actually INHERIT anything anyway right?? ( ๐Ÿ˜Œ ๐Ÿ˜ )

So she goes with her Father to the Summit, somewhat for fun, but also since she's a bit older than a lot of the other children her Dad wants her to keep an eye on her more valuable cousins and stop them from causing too much trouble.
So this is what I thought would be interesting here, that if when Diaterenn begins her attack, all of Susan's cousins are actually killed, and perhaps she's only just saved in the nick of time as her Father, being a slightly less important figure at the summit as opposed to King Jimothy himself and is therefore able to momentarily escape the onslaught, sacrifices himself to warn and save Susan?

So yeah. i just feel that would make for a interesting base plot and background for a character. She's someone who was near constantly belittled and ignored within the confines of leadership and her own family, who never expected to inherit an ounce of power in her whole life. And was actually kind of coming to terms/was quite happy with that in a way? Just as the summit is taking place, I kind of envision a young susan sort of, just starting to set out on her own personal path and career. Purposefully away from Leadership and monarchy, making her life well and truly her own. But then suddenly she's thrusted into this dire situation of power, but also not really power cause, y'know, unwillingly exiled from your own homeland and all that.

So yeah! That's what I had in mind so far haha.
Sorry if it's a lot to digest or doesn't fit in at all with what y'all had in mind.
I'm willing to change thing's here and there, but that's the core of it all really I suppose.
So let me know what you think ๐Ÿ™‚โ˜€๏ธ

Sweet, no probs!!
Ok so,
I've read through what lore has been given of the Kingdoms so far, and I'm just expanding it/guessing more from it currently? But more than happy to change and adapt it if I've made mistakes or presumed too much, no problem. But anyway

So I'll explain where she would hypothetically stand in the initial (Pre-Diaterenn Takeover) royal lineage first, as I think everything else will make sense from there.
It mentions in the Lore that La' Ven, at least after Diaterenn's takeover, is ruled by a council of elders who each preside and speak for a tribe that dwell within the kingdom? So I'm going off the base here that, prior to Diaterenn's takeover, the Council was headed by a sole ruler, a 'King' of sorts if you will.

We'll call him uh, King Jimothy for now haha.
So King Jimothy is the oldest of three, with one younger brother, and a younger sister.
Jimothy himself has four children, two boys, two girls.
If the La' Ven system of government is to run democratically, i.e. an elected Council Head as opposed to a 'Divine-Right' sort of situation, I still had it figured that Jimothy would be raising and training his oldest to, at the very least, run for the same leadership position when he comes of age. So effectively a Prince in all other words.

ANYWAY, My character, we'll call her uhh idk Susan for the time being haha, still honing in on the name currently.
Susan is the First, and so far only, Daughter of King Jimothy's brother, who acts as Jimothy's chief advisor and confidant.
Susan is somewhat of a undesirable misfit amongst the Head family. For her Mother is of far more common birth than that of other Council Members and Families.
Think your typical true love follow your heart sort of story with her parents. Susan's Dad disobeyed family order and tradition in his marriage to Susan's Mum. And has only really been allowed to get away with it because A) He's the second-born, B) His advise is just pretty too darn good to throw away over the sake of a unprofitable -marriage. I mean, it's not like Susan's gonna actually INHERIT anything anyway right?? ( ๐Ÿ˜Œ ๐Ÿ˜ )

So she goes with her Father to the Summit, somewhat for fun, but also since she's a bit older than a lot of the other children her Dad wants her to keep an eye on her more valuable cousins and stop them from causing too much trouble.
So this is what I thought would be interesting here, that if when Diaterenn begins her attack, all of Susan's cousins are actually killed, and perhaps she's only just saved in the nick of time as her Father, being a slightly less important figure at the summit as opposed to King Jimothy himself and is therefore able to momentarily escape the onslaught, sacrifices himself to warn and save Susan?

So yeah. i just feel that would make for a interesting base plot and background for a character. She's someone who was near constantly belittled and ignored within the confines of leadership and her own family, who never expected to inherit an ounce of power in her whole life. And was actually kind of coming to terms/was quite happy with that in a way? Just as the summit is taking place, I kind of envision a young susan sort of, just starting to set out on her own personal path and career. Purposefully away from Leadership and monarchy, making her life well and truly her own. But then suddenly she's thrusted into this dire situation of power, but also not really power cause, y'know, unwillingly exiled from your own homeland and all that.

So yeah! That's what I had in mind so far haha.
Sorry if it's a lot to digest or doesn't fit in at all with what y'all had in mind.
I'm willing to change thing's here and there, but that's the core of it all really I suppose.
So let me know what you think ๐Ÿ™‚โ˜€๏ธ
That all looks great to me! When you have the names let me know, and I'll get it all included in the Lore page.

Quick list reminder:

Human Heir of Aldor, reserved for ithinkcat ithinkcat
Theriander Heir of Muliah, reserved for Faydflowright Faydflowright
Mer Heir of Ig-Kilar, reserved for SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles
Djinn Heir of Najud, reserved for ??
Elven Heir of Le'Ven, reserved for Terrier B Terrier B
Orc Heir of Dur'Fen, reserved for Ayama Ayama

Guide to the Human Heir of Aldor, reserved for ??
Guide to the Theriander Heir of Muliah, reserved for ??
Guide to the Mer Heir of Ig-Kilar, reserved for ??
Guide to the Djinn Heir of Najud, reserved for animegirl20 animegirl20
Guide to the Elven Heir of Le'Ven, reserved for ??
Guide to the Orc Heir of Dur'Fen, reserved for ??

The Lore and CS sheet will be up by this weekend but, in the meantime, please let me know which role you want to reserve and start putting up character blurbs (with names and FCs, if you've got 'em), so plotting can start happening!

Iโ€™m currently not at home but my placeholder for my character will be up as soon as I get home in roughly an hour ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back