• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aerumen

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I think I understand.." Blu commented, though he didn't fully understand. So far he hadn't seen much of the barbarians, but he didn't like not being able to act on his curiosity again. However, he lightened up when Mission mention games. His ears perked with a rising posture, "Games? What kind of games? I'd love to play!" It was obvious that he wasn't tired, despite the night being welcomed. There was a change of music in the distance and the excited chattering had become more unified as Bast and Foxy began their performance.

Alter wasn't that interested in seeing Bast dance since he'd grown used to eastern styles, and while Foxy's juggling was excellent, he knew he had something he had to do. He started to first head to Mircea's camp to get his pay, but after noticing the lack of a purple elf there from a distance he decided to go ahead and complete the other task that was forced upon him. It wouldn't be the first time meeting a stranger in his tent, but this guest was a bit unwelcome. He hesitated when he reached the tent at first, but went in after a moment of thought. To his surprise, the man was already there, right at the other side of the entrance. "Hello?" Alter said somewhat awkwardly, not entirely sure how this 'conversation' would go.

Melody had her hands full tonight. Mircea wanted to help bring the wounded in, but the barbarians wouldn't allow it. Instead, he helped make room for them. There were more than he thought there would be, too. A small child with black hair and even darker eyes, an human elder with long gray hair and wrinkled skin, two elves who looked just alike aside from various patches of skin, and a human who looked to be in his middle years. They all had different cuts and stab wounds, the human having an arrow through his shoulder. Even Natin, who refused to be healed before the others, was wounded on his side and sitting between the beds of the elder and child. Mircea was a little surprised at the refusal. Usually the more severely wounded were treated first, but most of them wanted the child and elder healed first. Melody was already on it before they could be translated again. She started with the child, healing the little girl's shoulder and arm. Then the elder, who had a stab wound on his shoulder. She went through them carefully until she shoo'ed Mircea out of the tent as more wounded were brought in.

Mircea stood on the outside of the tent where Avery stayed to keep the horses calm.

"I didn't expect to see you here." The human chimed as he gently pet the Horse's neck.

"I just passing through on the way to Yefadorei." Mircea answered with a half smile, "We'll be gone some time tomorrow should luck favor us."

"Oh yeah, the great elf city. What business you be having there?"

"Just traveling, suppose I make a visit to family."

Avery chuckled, it was an obvious half lie. "I've been doing some traveling myself. Was up in the north east where I met these fellows, they saved me from a snow lion. Decided to stick with them for a while- well, they basically made me stick with them until we got to the midlands, said it was unsafe. Think they thought I was child at first."

"Well, you are quite small." Mircea joked.

"Ay, ay, I know."

They both turned to look when another figure left the healer's tent. It was Natin, holding the same serious expression it seemed he had since arriving.

"All healed?" Avery asked, and Natin nodded.

"Can he speak our language?" Mircea inquired, looking puzzled.

"He can understand most of it, but doesn't speak it well."

"Ah, okay."

"Why are you out here, Natin?"

"Volok.." Natin muttered gloomily.

Mircea glanced at Avery and the man sighed, "it means shame, basically. He was wounded before the big attack and fell asleep, blames himself for the others being wounded."

"If he was wounded then it should be understandable.."

Natin shook his head, the beads braided in his hair rattling. He mumbled something incoherent, at least to Mircea.

"Aahhh....Natin is a warrior. He's responsible for the other's safety, even if he has a minor wound. They become ashamed if they don't live up to that standard."

"Oh, I see.." Mircea said, though he was still a bit puzzled.

Avery and Mircea continued to converse, mostly catching up on traveling stories. Natin stayed by the entrance of the tent like some form of guard dog, ignoring the other's attempts to get him to relax. It wasn't long before more joined them from inside the tent, including the young girl who proceeded to climb Natin like a monkey and latch onto his shoulders. Mircea thought it was cute, but the impline..thing..person didn't seem phased by it. Natin spoke with the others in their language, Mircea assumed they were also warriors, not entirely sure how to tell them apart at the moment.

Mission moved her stool so that she was sat in front of him now and gave him a little smile in return, "Well I know a few card games that I can teach you so that you can get involved when we all play instead of just watching on your own, or I can teach you a game you can play anywhere as long as you have a stick, a coin and some dirt. It's called Toad and I used to play it with my fellow Soldi... Soldiers." Mission hesitated about sharing this little detail, but thought it wouldn't hurt to reveal it to Blu.

"Hmm, I'll show you Toad anyway - you can play it whenever you want after and if it doesn't interest you - cards or even chess?" Mission started taking out her dagger and began drawing circles in the dirt at varying sizes and distances, about 5 - but then she took out a gold coin from a pouch that wasn't her coin purse. It was a normal Golden Coin, however it was stained in blood. She drew around that too in the middle of the other circles. She moved to sit back beside Blu and handed him another Gold coin.

"You hold it like this." Mission closed her fist, turned sideways and rested the Coin upon her thumb which was tucked into her palm; though soon after she flicked her thumb up, propelling the coin towards the targets - it lands in the biggest one within it's ring. "You get 1 point from the biggest and then 2, 3, 4 and 5 points for the other except this one." Mission points the to circle in the middle which she drew around with the knife. "Your points don't count if your coin overlaps the drawn line - so if you can get it perfectly in the one that is exactly it's size you just win. I've managed it a couple of time, wish I was betting something on it at the time but ah well. Who knows Blu - you could become a natural at it, bag yourself some wealth" She let out a light chuckle.

"Imp." Mana thought he stood rather menacingly on the otherside of the room, though he was simply greeted with a slightly confused hello. The rider shrugged it off and took his hood off, revealing his helmet - though his horn would have already been protruding from the shadow before hand. "You've had an eventful couple of days have you not? The Company you have been hanging around with. Tell me what you know of them & Spare no detail..."

Last edited:
Blu listened carefully, stifling his excitement to play a game. He hadn't played one in a long time, and this new one sounded a bit fun. He toyed with the coin between his fingers as she explained how Toad worked and gave him an example. The boy softly smiled at her comment and readied the coin. He aimed ot forward, though he didn't aim it very well. It flicked off his thumb and landed slightly off from the first circle, the coin overlapping the drawn border. "Ah, nuts"

"Ahh...," Alter paused, taking a moment to gather his thoughts, "I don't know them well. There's an elf, five humans, a dwarf, a sprite, and the impline child. That I know of, they have daggers, two scimitars, one great sword, and a long sword. All of them are enchanted with elemental runes. Ah...the elf and one of the humans has skin runes, like the dwanish. I don't know all of them, but one has an object transportation one." The impline rubbed the back of his neck, he wasn't the best at memorizing people, "One of the humans, Mission, has northern rune carvings on her sword. Said northern implines did it for her, or her father, or something...They don't plan on staying long, said they were headed west, or I think it was northwest. There's also a really strong human with them, I was taken back by her strength."

"It's all about practice, as is everything I suppose" Mission had a go next, bagging herself 2 points if they were to be playing a serious game, she gathered the coins and gave his back, flashing a little wink at the boy - that hint of competition seeping through her walled off personality, "I feel like I'm teaching you a lot of new things, I hope you're not too overwhelmed Blu? I wouldn't want you to feel like I'm forcing lots on you - so if you ever think you need a break just tell me. Learning games isn't so bad, but even they can top it off with you trying to shoot a bow for the first time or swing a sword. Well when it comes to that anyway. Justknow that I'm doing this because it will be important for you. All these people that you managed to find, they won't be here forever - you have some luck on your side that you ended up with such a tolerant bunch. Don't waste it whilst you can."

Mission rubbed her lips with her palm, a sort of shutting herself up - noticing that she seemed like she was over-caring or nagging the lad. She knew she would have to be hard and stern the next day and the next, pushing him to his limits - giving him this moment of real talk might just calm him for what is to come, what she'll no doubt bombard him with. It may seem cruel to most, but she would respect his outburst whenever it would come and she intends for him to.

"Your turn."

"Well, I didn't need to a bring a knife you spilled ya guts on your own."
Mana took a step forward sliding his armoured left hand over the back of his right gauntlet's knuckles. "The information was just a bonus really, or a test - I appreciate the honesty Imp. But I came here not to find out of Mircea and his band of Misfits & Traitors. I came here to tell you about a particular one. I already know of the Northern Impline and it seems you do too, it also seems like you are particularly close to a certain Woman. And when I say close you really should be careful about who you share a bed with."

Mana stepped very closely to Alter, his helmet was impossible to see through - but his breath fell on the Impline like a Winter's breeze, enough to make your body shiver.

"Mission Allura, the Black Hound of King Artemis. I don't know how much her nickname rings a bell in your mind, as an Impline I'm sure it's engraved on that demonic brain of yours somewhere." Mana was taunting him, "She lead a lot of brave soldiers to the North and did the dirty work her King Commanded her too with little question, she was loyal to a fault and tore through homes indiscriminately slaying Men, Women and Children of your Icy Kin. Many Prisoners were taken because of her brutal tactics and pinpoint decisions, but the prisoners were wrong to surrender, they might as well have gone out fighting because she made sure their lives were taken. Not a single being that stood with the blue skins saw her face and lived to sell her description to avengers, bounty hunters or the like, that's why she passes mostly unnoticed. Sure people have heard of the black hound, but never seen her..."

Mana manged to pause his tirade, his hand on the Impline's shoulder as a pat, but also a clutch. "Do what you want with this information, hell you can do my job for me if you want." Mana slipped something into the Impline's pocket so that he could feel it and left the tent.

A Vial of black liquid, very small and subtle. Just looking at it makes you feel off.

"I'm okay," Blu mumbled politely, not entirely sure how to respond to her concern. His focus reverted to the circles when she mentioned it was his turn. He aimed the coin again, this time at a better angle. It flipped a bit and landed in one of the circles, gaining him two points. "Ay! I did it! Your turn!"

"What are you two playing?" A familiar scratchy voice called out as Correll approached the camp. He removed his work gloves and apron when he arrived, hanging them on the side of the caravan.

"Correll! You're back early."

"Ay, decided to close work before anyone started sticking their heads in the forge again."

"Oh, well we're playing Toad. Do you want to play?"

"Nah," the blonde scratched his head before patting his stomach, "I'll stick to eating and watch, not had much today."

Correll grabbed some stag meat and vegetables and sat next to Esra, who had at some point got Silte out to pamper and was feeding him.

Alter was unusually quiet as Mana spoke. Indeed, it was unusual for him to be silent outside of working, he is a talkative fellow after all. However, the feelings of anger, confusion, and hurt mingled together inside of him. They didn't begin to form into words until Mana left him, the only signs of it stirring inside being a serious expression and the cracks upon his skin glowing brighter.

He took a moment to think on his own before putting the tools down and storming out of the tent to find Falma. Of course, she already knew something was off by the state of him. He grabbed her arm and pulled her from the crowd of people, dragging her closer to the tents.

"Hey, no need to be so rude. What's got you all twisted?!"

"Lets go. Get your things."

"Right now? It's dark out and I'm having fun! Are you crazy, or joking? Have you been drinking too much again?"

"Falma, this isn't a joke!" Alter raised his voice some, though it didn't catch the attention of most around them.

"Geeze," Falma's smile faded, "you're actually angry. What happened?"

"I can't tell you, not here. I've got to get out of this place-"

"Or what? You're going to start fighting everyone again? Get ahold of yourself, Alter."

"Falma, I'm serious. Come with me, or I'm leaving without you."

"What?! You know I can't find my way back! Can't we just stay for one more night and leave in the morning? Pleeeease?"

Alter growled some, looking away from her, "fine, but we leave at dawn, and stay away from the caravans, especially Mission."

"What, why?!"

"Don't ask questions and Just listen to me for once, Falma!" Alter yelled at her and she waved her hands in defeat, skulking away from him. "Dawn, Falma, I'm serious."

She nodded, her arms now crossed along her chest. Her fun had been ruined, at least for the moment. Alter knew she'd be over it soon enough, even if he couldn't get over his own anger at the moment. He went back to his tent and began preparing to leave in the morning, though it was quite noisy and he was ranting to himself the entire time.

Mission let out a small cheer for the boy when he managed to score himself some points, she looked at Correll as he decided not to join in giving him a sarcastic pout in response. "I guess a hardworkin' man's gotta eat, how'd it go at the forge today Correll?"

She aimed her fist at the smallest hole, the coin resting against her thumb for a moment as she closed an eye and stuck out a tongue for concentration. Mission flicked the coin and watched it spin and fall, it landed next to the coin sized hole. She knew it was almost impossible to try it, but the odd chance that it did slot in perfectly woulda been the perfect showing off. She gathered the two coins again and handed Blu's to him.

"Your chance to overtake, tyke."

"Decent, I guess," Correll answered, though he was more focused on the food being stuffed into his mouth. Blu on the other hand was focused on getting more points. After missing the shot today, he did really want to impress Mission. He aimed at the smallest circle, taking a moment longer to make sure it was right before letting the coin fly. It landed in the circle with a light thud, and he blinked in surprise. He didn't actually expect himself to make it, but it made it. "Wow!"

Alter having messily gathered his things decided that it would probably be better to just forget everything until morning. Not the best decision, but he'd rather go home feeling sick than to fail at sleeping tonight because of his thoughts. He had managed to slip past Falma at first to get to the bar and order a few drinks, the small sprite keeper none the wiser. However, before he could even get the first down Falma was at his side.

"You shouldn't be drinking when you're this upset. Why don't you watch the performance with me?"

"Shut up and go have your fun. I don't want to watch some twinkle toes dance." Alter retorted.

"Alter, C'mon!" Falma gently grabbed his arm and started to pull, "please, just take your mind off what ever it is in a better way."

Alter slapped her hand away and growled, moving away from her at first. That is, until someone interjected.

"Wow, who would've thought a devil also has bad manners. Don't you know you shouldn't be so rude to a woman, even if she is your kin?" It was a human man, speaking in the same condescending and mocking way so many seem to do. Alter, who had been doing an okay job at controlling his temper so far, snapped. He turned and punched the man on the face, not quite caring if the ridges on his knuckles left a mark. Another human, a different one, came at him after the hit struck. He locked his arms around Alter's shoulders and the Impline moved to sling him forward and out of the bar tent. That was all it took before most of the bar had started fighting. Falma escaped the tent in the chaos and stood on the sidelines, moving away from the ruckus as it moved outside and near the crowd. It wasn't the first time she'd seen her uncle brawl, and she knew better than to get caught up in the middle of it. There were a few shocked yells as the fighting moved into the crowd. More people joined in fighting one another aimlessly, though some were just trying to stop the fighting.

Bast pulled the performance to a halt when the fighting got closer, slinking away from it all. He had enough bad luck, he didn't need to be blamed for this, too.

Correll looked up when the music changed and various forms of yelling were heard in the distance. He could see the crowd of people mingling violently as other sat on the sidelines, "what the hell..."

Mircea was quick to action the moment he took notice of the fight. He excused himself and went to find Tore, the thick dwarf was talking to himself outside of the barbarians tent he prepared for them. "Tore, a fight has broke out."

"Huh? Wih!" Tore quickly got up and started wobbily running towards the commotion, picking up the hammer he'd used to beat the nails into the ground. "Doooon' worry! I'll put a stop to it!"

Before Mission could prod further into Correll's response, she paused watching Blu's coin fly and it landed in the hole. Mission didn't even realise and just went to take her go, being interrupted by Blu's wow. She lowered her hand and looked again. Her body flew forward and she looked really closely at the edges of the circle, but the coin did not cross it - fitting perfectly within. She moved back to sit down and blinked, turning to look at the Impline she couldn't help but let out a laugh before frowning,

"I was joking. Beginner's look." Her hand pat the boy on the hair and ruffled it, she observed her bloodied coin closely - a sad smile appearing on her face. She handed it to Blu, "Keep that coin and this one, but don't get rid of this one - you can spend the other. Good job kid."

As Bast Retreated, Foxy stepped forward. Stopping her performance, and even though she had stopped the Men enamoured by her still had their gazes fixed on the Giant Lady. She addressed her still staring audience, even though a brawl was happening, "There will be a 5 minute interval, I'll be back boys." She storms over to the fighting, no regard of her own safety - because she didn't need to regard it.

"Excuse me." She pushed passed people, towering over them with ease - scouting the crowds of people for someone she could recognise. It seemed like no one she knew was getting hurt. "Excuse me, Excuse me." She kept walking through, taking accidental hits and not being phased by them at all.

Mission's attention was also caught by the yelling, she looked at Correll and Esra. "Watch Blu." She sheathed her knife and ran towards the commotion, remembering the company Lythrope had tonight she expected the worse. She also felt a bit of regret for not helping Mircea out now.

Foxy was in the middle of the brawling now, looking around calmly with a pout on her face. As she started noticing some people were getting more hurt than others, she started to dispatch people by knocking heads together gently, well to her it was gentle to them it was a concussion. She threw a Sprite over the top of the brawling crowd, barrelling into a calmer part of Lythrope. That's when she noticed Alter, who she recognised - but didn't really remember. The was a Dwarf trying to take him down, she flicked the bearded being's forehead and he was sent head over heals off of the Impline. IT seemed he was a part of the fighting too, she easily plucked him off the ground by his horns and then threw him over his shoulder. Foxy turned and left through the brawling crowd. A man punched Foxy right in the ass, but his hand broke and he screamed in pain.

The tall woman escaped the fighting, a dwarf running towards it and Mission close behind. She placed the Imp down and looked at him, "You ok? Sorry to man handle you. I best go help stop them all, I'll leave you with Mishy." Foxy turned and walked back over to the brawl with Tore

Mission slowed her run to a walk, noticing the fighting was just a classic brawl. No barbarians that she could see and Foxy with Alter over her shoulder. Foxy walked back towards the brawl, looks like everything would be handled with her around. She was left alone with Alter out of the way of everyone.

"You okay, Alter? Need an escort home?" She walked up behind him, her hand touching his waist.

Bast returned to the caravans where Blu was now sat between Esra and Correll. "Ah, guard duty I see."

"What happened?" Esra asked worriedly, "Are you hurt?"

"No, I got away before the fighting reached me. I didn't start it, and I don't know how it started." Bast responded, walking around them slowly. As much as he wouldn't vocally admit it, he doubted the two's ability to keep Blu safe, and decided to guard as well. "Something is off, even saw that impline, Alter, in the brawl."

"I guess we will know soon enough then." Correll said, patting Blu's back.

"Don't touch me," Alter quickly pulled away from Mission with a low growl and distanced himself from her. The cracks on his skin glew brighter for a moment when he looked at her, though it wasn't the same happily amused expression he had held the night before, his features twisted in anger. "You've got some fucking nerve bedding a devil like me After what you've done. I'd say you had balls if I didn't know any better! Does the child even know? Did you ever even plan on telling him you're part of the reason his people are gone?!" His voice had quieted some near the end, not wanting to draw more attention to them. He huffed irritably and kicked at the nail holding part of an empty tent down.

Tore ran passed the bystanders yelling, "Great dwarf's beard, get out of the way!" They moved a safe distance from the fighting before the dwarf slammed his hammer into the ground. The ground shook and writhed underneath the area, causing most of the people to halt in order to catch their footing. Others flopped over from the shaking, if they weren't being taken out of the fray by Foxy. "Listen here, dirt lickers. Lythrope don't have many rules, but tha' don't mean you can just go off starting fights! People are trying to sleep! Gather what sense ye got about ya and shove off. Enjoy the night. I see one more person starting a fight and I'll send you through that border faster than you can say 'stop'."

Last edited:
The blood drained from Mission's face and she was suddenly cold, her hand cradled her opposing elbow , though her expression was emotionless as to know show much weakness. Mission's expression remained as such and her voice detached and robotic, but her eyes betrayed her - tears streamed down her cheeks. Her hand gripped firmly on her dagger as if she was resisting to give in to instinct. "He's my responsibility now because of exactly what I did. Not yours, not Mircea, not anyone else's. I need to help him grow. And when the time comes for him to know, and if he decides that his people need to be avenged. I'll welcome my fate and I'll die, because I deserve it. I'll never make up for what I did by raising just one boy, by saving just one. But it's something?"

She wasn't too sure herself, but it was her goal now. And Mission always saw them through.

He face betrayed her too now, her lips twitched into a frown as she choked on what she said, Mission let go of her sheathed knife and wiped her eyes, "Unlike most of the world that judges you, I don't care what you are Alter or what Blu is. I was just a good little soldier wanting to impress a King. I wanted to get somewhere in life, now look where I am. With a caravan on the road forever. I regret my choices everyday and I promise you if I ever find the lost king I'll kill him myself."

After wiping the tears away she managed to collect herself, the threatening tone of a hunter. No a monster seeped from between her lips - anger braided into it's mix, "It was always my intention to tell him, just when I think he's ready to go on without me. You see Alter you're not going to tell him, or anyone who I am or I'll fucking kill you. I'll kill you and I'll kill your Niece too. Understand? Now. Who told you?"

Foxy had about three people trying to grapple her when Tore came over, they all paused trying to hurt the steel lady and she managed to catch herself from falling over to the rumble. The man on her leg got off and the one she was holding away from her with one hand stop mindlessly swinging his fists. The fierce woman firmly attached to her arm trying to bite her face still had Foxy's ear in her mouth as Tore spoke.

It seemed everyone had calmed down. Forgetting their differences they realised that they were people afterall. Except the woman wrapped around Foxy's arm she still tried to chew on her ear.

"Uhm do you mind? Have you realised that you're not gonna do anything to me?"

The human woman stopped and looked directly at Foxy's face, "Yeah but... You're kinda pretty and I don't want to let go of that."

The tall lady rolled her eyes and pried the other from her, setting her down. "You can watch me juggle for free."

The woman shrugged, "Okay."

Alter huffed, though it seemed more like another growl, "I never planned on telling, Mission, that isn't my place and I don't want to get mixed up with you anymore than I am! I can't tell you who told me because he made the same threats to me that you are making, and I refuse to put my niece in any more danger. I'm responsible for her just as you feel you are for Blu!" He moved away from her, his tail swinging at the grass behind him, "Unless you're so willing to prove how much of a devil you are, leave us alone."

"Alter..." Mission calmed down a little, but she was still very much on edge - he was right to be angry and she stepped over the line threatening his niece. But it was a measure, maybe it helped him calm down from doing something rash too.

"I'm sorry you met me. I'm glad I met you though, as selfish as it may sound." Her night with him was fun and that's how she wanted people to see her, interesting, fun and attractive. She had a great time not being reserved and actually enjoying herself, but what she had done would always weigh on the judgement of people's hearts. Especially someone so proximate like Alter. She doesn't want to be known as the genocidal bitch that slept with an Impline, just the fun girl who could throw knives well was too small a title. She turns on her heel and walk away from him, he clearly didn't want to be around her "I hope we meet again."

Mission wandered Lythrope a while, searching for clues on who may have told Alter this information. But it was a big place. Eventually she'd wander into the Forest outskirts alone to throw up.

Falma approached Alter after Mission had left them. She didn't hear what they were saying, but it was obvious that they were arguing, "What was that about?"

Alter huffed softly, dragging his palm along his face, "Nothing."

"Nothing? Is that why you've been so angry, because of nothing? Is it because of Mission? What happened-" Falma's genuine concern shifted to amusement as she spoke,"Did you two have a thing and she dump you already?"

"You could say that, yeah, I guess," Alter responded, irritation and exhaustion in his tone, "I'm going to sleep."

"Not so fast, boy!" Tore chimed in with a stern voice, his brows furrowed in disappointment, "I heard from a fella' that you started this mess. You tryin' ta get kicked out of Lythrope??"

"I'm sorry for the trouble, Tore, I just had too much to drink," Alter answered, seemingly more calm now than he was before, "Let some human's opinion get to me."

"Ay, that'll happen, but don't do it again," Tore started waddling away from them, heading towards the tents as he spoke, "Next time, try hitting a tree instead. Got plenty of 'em around. Liable to hit you back just the same."

Both of the implines chuckled, watching the thick dwarf leave for a moment.

"Alter-"

"No, I'm not okay, but I'll be fine so you don't have to worry. And yes, we're still leaving at dawn, so don't forget to ready yourself." He gave a half smile and sulked back to his tent, listening for if she had something to say as he left.

Falma pouted, "Fiiinnnnneeeee." She kicked at the grass and sighed, "Well, lets get back to watching some juggling, Falma." She mimicked a different voice, "Okay, Falma, that sure sounds fun!" The impline rolled her eyes at herself before moving back to the less violent crowd who were now drinking together like soldiers who just won a battle.

Mircea had made his way quickly back to the healers tent, where Avery was trying to distract the Barbarians to keep them calm. Well, calm was a bit relative with this group. The few standing outside seemed quite tired and yet tense, as if ready to defend their companions in the blink of an eye. The most lively of the group being the child who was giggling as she tugged at Natin's horns, and the elder who was robed and talking to the others with a smile.

"They seem quite tired," Mircea commented.

"Ay, and some of them are hungry. They started running short on provisions getting here, couldn't stop because of the wounded."

"Ah yes, how many are left?"

"Well," A soft and calm voice joined the two, Melody standing at the entrance of the tent, "all but two are healed; however, I will need more time with these two. Their wounds are severe and there's already signs of infections. This isn't something I can heal in one session, my energy is running low. They will have to sleep in the tent for the night. I can clear the infections and make sure it stays clean until my energy is back up to pace, but I need their leader's permission."

"Why not ask Mal to translate?" Mircea inquired, though the question was quickly answered.

"He said their leader is out here."

"I am here," The Elder spoke, drawing their attention to him, "and there is not need to translate. I can understand." His voice was weak with age and his body hunched, it was somewhat surprising that he'd be the leader. "If it must be done this way, you have my permission. I will have a warrior here to keep safe them, and you."

"Oh, that is not necessary, no one here will harm them. Your people need food, and rest." Melody tried to reassure him, but the elder simply shook his head. "Then, I understand...At least, let my brother," She gently touched Mircea's elbow as she spoke,"here, feed them. He can show you the tent we've put up for you and your companions to rest, and bring you food."

The elder took a moment to think before speaking to the other barbarians. One of the twin-looking elves took Natin's place near the tent entrance, Natin moving to the Elder's side. "He will stay, this one comes with me. You show us where the tent is. I need to let the wounded know they are safe." He didn't leave much room for defiance, moving faster than what his visible age would have people assume. He was inside the tent and talking with them before Melody could join them, meeting her inside. The hunched old man was then back outside with Mircea, Natin sticking to his side at first. "Show."

Mircea nodded, "Right this way, then." He lead them to the large tent which held several beds inside of it, and it seemed that Tore had already started a camp fire for them outside of it. When he looked back he could see that more than just the elder and warrior followed. People had left the wagon and joined them, Natin staying at the rear like a dog herding goats. He kept the curious from wandering and moved them towards the tent with short words.

"I'll have some food for you in just a moment. Please, make yourself comfortable."

Avery had also tagged along, though he was far less impressed than his traveling companions. "Where are you going to get food?"

"As it would be, I do have coin. I also have some fresh stag meat I could spare, should the others be okay with it."

The two hadn't noticed that Tore had already procured some food for their guests, at least until the elder spoke to them.

"There is food, no need."

"Oh, that's great then!" Mircea and Avery smiled, Avery going to snatch an apple out of Natin's hand and taking a bite of it. The warrior didn't seem amused, though Avery was enjoying himself.

"I haven't eaten, either."

Mircea rolled his eyes, knowing well that Avery could earn some coin if he wanted to.

"Come. Show me yours." The Elder spoke, looking up at Mircea with a pleasant smile.

"Um, I'm sorry, I- I don't understand."

"I want to see your camp, as you have seen mine." The Elder spoke more clearly.

Avery moved to whisper to Mircea, "They'd like to know where you'll be staying so they can thank you later. He's also just a curious geezer."

"Oh!" Mircea sounded in understanding, "Oh- Yes, you can visit our camp."

The elder seemed excited by this, turning and speaking to the other barbarians who had started to settle in. They nodded in understanding before continuing to rest, except a few who moved to guard the area.

Avery commented, "I'm going to stay here and make sure nothing happens."

Mircea nodded before leading the Elder, Natin, and the leeching child to the caravans. He took them around the caravans, explaining to the elder about how they worked and how many people could fit inside. It seemed to amuse him, and Mircea was more than happy to do so, giving a few short stories about times when a horse didn't want to pull or a wheel got stuck in mud due to the weight. Thankfully, they didn't want to see the inside, probably considering it to closed off for their comfort. Instead he took them to the camp, ignoring the confused stares by his companions.

"Evening, we have some guests. This is-...Oh, I don't know your names."

The elder smiled, "Ballam, clan keeper. Warrior is Natin, Child is Gin." He raised a weak hand as he introduced them, Natin bowing his head slightly. Gin said something incoherent, even to the barbarians, and climbed off of Natin.

"Hello! I'm Esra," The sprite waved.

"Correll."

"Isn't this a surprise," Bast chimed, "I'm Bast!" He was standing in front of Blu, still wearing his dancing attire. Something that seemed to confuse Natin, who glanced at Ballam and mumbled something.

"He wants to know why you dress like woman." The elder translated.

Bast frowned, "It's for dancing, I can't catch the right kind of attention dressed as a normally would!" His words only seemed to confuse them more, which in turn made Bast raise his hands in defeat. "I'm changing, good luck Mircea." He rolled his eyes and moved away from Blu and into the caravans.

"Ah," Mircea halted for a moment, "This is Blu...You may notice he is-"

"Baelban.." The Elder looked surprised, though Natin's surprise didn't come until the word was spoken. He walked to where Blu sat and picked him up, his hands locking under Blu's shoulders.

"Child," Natin spoke, looking back at Ballam, who nodded.

"uh," Blu's tail coiled from his nervousness at first, though it did give him a moment to notice Natin had exactly the same eyes as him. "whoa."

"Please put him down," Mircea said worriedly, "He's precious cargo and I don't want another misunderstanding."

"Natin," Ballam spoke and the warrior placed Blu onto his feet gently.

"Would you three like some roasted stag meat? We have plenty to share." Esra said, offering them places to sit as well.

Mission's throat burned, she found a spot away from her pile of gross and sat alone in the forest. Well at least she thought she was alone. The woman played with her knife, fiddling with it in her hands as she was lost in thought - the tree against her back. It pissed her off. Everything just pissed her off. Who knew? Who told him? She cut her index finger accidentally from frustration, and then she cut another on purpose. She barely reacted, just a small flinch as her hand tensed. She looked down at her chest and pointed the metal at her heart - the tip hovered over her skin.

"It would save me a whole lot of time if you did that to yourself."

Her eyes flicked up and she shot up off the ground, her knife now pointed at her visitor.

"You..."

Mission could sense the grin underneath the metal man's helmet, the rider from before was standing right in front of her. In Lythrope. It never crossed Mission's mind that a man like this could also have access to a secret place like here, but it made sense - since these were the type of people to have connections here. She should've known. But there were still rules and it was up to her and him whether they were gonna respect them.

"Don't worry. As much as I do want to kill you here - I'm not. Lythrope would probably find out, they have their ways which is crazy. Eyes in the forest. How does it feel Mission Allura? For your secret to be known."

Mission didn't say anything.

"An Impline that you fucked and barely know has made you feel like this. Imagine if an Impline who you think you are protecting knew and your companions who trust you? How would you feel then."

Mission really wanted to run over and stab the monster that haunted her.

"That's right. You can't do anything. Just know that I'll pursue you to the end of the world and I'll tear it down. To stop this you just have to hand over the little icicle in your possession."

"Never."

"How much more emotional turmoil can you take?"

"As much as I have to, to keep him safe."

"You'll never be able to keep that promise. You won't be here forever."

"Then I suppose I'll have to fucking be."

"WHY. Are you so. ATTACHED, You barely know this little creature, you sought to slaughter hundreds of them just so you could be the best Knight you could possibly be."

"Because I didn't know what being a Knight actually meant, now I do."

Mana scoffed, but before he could speak and torment Mission more a rock flew out of no where and smacked him right on the noggin. A loud metal ding echoed in the forest as he raised his hand to defend himself from another that came at him. The rocks were pretty accurately aimed but the Man managed to keep his hands up and started to back off.

"What the f.... UGH. STOP.... MISSION, I'll be wai..." DING! "For you, DONT THINK YOU CAN SAVE EVERYONE ON THAT CARAVAN!"

Mana backed off and retreated into the shadows. The temptation to chase him and plunge a knife into his throat was unreal, but his goons were probably waiting for him close by and she had witnesses. Giggling erupted from the trees as she turned to look at it's origin. Mission raised an eyebrow as she sort of began to recognise the voice.

"Guilty?"

"AH! HOW KNOW?"

"Well I do now."

The Goblin pried herself out of the branches and landed on the ground with a thud, her frog companion sitting on her head. She dusted herself off and waved at the taller woman.

"Man no bother you no more."

"Thanks."

"No problem."
The goblin beamed a massive grin as she began to saunter around, looking at the ground as if following a trail that Mission could not entirely deduce she was following or confirm that she was even tracking anything. Which was. Odd.

"Do you just. Wander around these parts of Lythrope all day?"

"And night! Best way to keep busy. Best way to get goodies. Lythrope homes lots magical creatures. Like mushroom stag you stole.

"We didn..."

"Yes yes. You shoot bad arrow first whatever."

The black hound's eye twitched a little. But she was relieved. Guilty was a breath of fresh air and... weirdly enough, she was starting to like her company.

"Do you travel alone?"

"GUILTY ALONE? HA. No no, Goblin not do well alone. I have bird friend. Bird friend is best friend."
The frog on her head croaked. "Oh yes. Frog friend best friend too. COURSE." She nervously laughed.

"I wouldn't think a Goblin and her small pets would do very well either."

Guilty raised an eyebrow, "Pets? No no, just one pet. Bird not pet."

Mission was confused. "You should probably try to expand your party. IT would be easier for you to get food then too and...goodies..."

"Hm. No Guilty Fine. Guilty no like sharing."

The woman couldn't help but smirk, "I see. I'm going to head back. Thanks for saving me."

"Guilty of being hero, hehe."

Mission smirked again and flashed a quick wave, walking back out of the forest towards camp. Her expression changed when the Goblin couldn't see her.

Mircea stared curiously at the sight before him, trying to also stay observant should something happen. It'd been a few minutes since they'd eaten, and Ballam was in the middle of telling them a story when two people had decided to let their own curiosity guide them. Blu was stood in front of Natin, who was sitting on a stump and being quite patient with the kid. The young impline felt of the man's black claws, moving to the hardened skin on his knuckles and forearms. He studied these things like an alchemist studies a new herb, with a form of childlike interest. Blu took note that parts of his skin were much cooler to touch than others, including his horns which felt like cold stone. It reminded him of his own horns, or lack thereof, which always seemed quite cold compared to his fingers. Blu spoke as he picked at one of the ridges on Natin's horns, "Are you from the north?"

Natin glanced at Ballam, who chuckled slightly, "Natin halfling."

"Halfing?" Mircea said in surprise, having not taken note of Natin's lack of a tail,"Western halfling?"

"North west," Ballam said with a smile as if he expected the surprise that showed on the caravanner's faces.

Bast nearly dropped his food, "Is that possible? Mircea?"

"I don't know, the north west is mostly occupied by elves now and, well, barbarians." Mircea seemed just as confused, "I've never met an impline halfling. Are you saying he's a northern impline halfling? A, ah...Baelban?"

"Don't know," Ballam responded, looking at Natin who was brushing over Blu's stumps-for-horns with his thumbs. "We find Natin in snow as child."

Blu popped in with another question,"Do you live in the north?"

"Blu, perhaps this isn't a good topic for you right now.." Esra said, pulling Blu's attention from the warrior, "You're still-"

"I just want to know what it is like," Blu said, seeming quite defensive despite speaking softly, "I know it's dangerous for me to go there, I wasn't planning on going with them or anything.."

There was a moment of silence, most of the adults looking as if they wanted to say something but didn't know how. Correll simply huffed. Natin didn't speak either at first, taking a moment to think. The warrior moved to place his hands on the sides of Blu's face. "Calm," he spoke, noticing he probably moved too quickly as Blu flinched between his hands. He leaned in and placed his forehead against the boy's, a faint light emitting from the area for a moment. To the others, it probably looked strange, as they held this position for a few minutes.

To Blu, it was something he wasn't expecting to experience any time soon. The north, from the eyes of a small figure, was enormous. He could see it and feel it as if it were his own, and knew what it was the moment it appeared in his mind. A blanket of white covered the cliff side where he stood with a presence he couldn't see, looking out at the mountains ahead to meet the sunrise. It was cold, so cold he could see his breath, and it was quieter than he expected. Yet, he could still hear water from the river below the cliff crashing against stone and ice cracking as the sun rose. Birds sung at their approach, sending messages to the others, some flew towards them over the rocky edge. Looking up at the figure beside him he saw a face, a human who radiated a feeling of strength that made him feel safe. The human smiled at him before Natin pulled away, his brows scrunched, "North."

The young impline couldn't help his emotions, wrapping his arms around Natin's neck. He buried his face there for a moment, trying to stop himself from crying.

"What just happened?" Mircea questioned, looking at Blu who had pulled away from Natin and was watery eye'd.

"He showed me," Blu smiled, "The north, he showed me the north."

Bast looked as if something clicked in his brain, "Oh, he shared a memory with you! I didn't know you Nuikk could use that type of magic."

"It is tradition," Ballam said, looking somewhat solemn, "We teach many years ago."

"Ah, I see," Mircea nodded gently, touching his chin.

Gin had fallen asleep propped against Natin's leg.

Last edited:
Mission had returned to camp at about the time that Blu and the Barbarian's heads were pressed together. She saw the dim light there for a moment, her expression became confused. What had she missed? She stuck beside the shadows of the caravans and observed the emotional exchange, Blu was shown something he probably wouldn't have seen in a long time. His home. Something Mission could not provide for him and also indirectly took away, she felt a pit of shame in her and guilt. And something else, a hint of jealousy. She clambered into the caravan away from everything for now, sitting down and letting out a long drawn out sigh. The first day here was great and then today was just... not. I guess it is a curse Mission would live with for a long time. Forever perhaps.

Foxy also returned to the camp, but she was later than Mission and didn't see much of the emotional interaction. Though she had her sights set on Bast as she approached, after he spoke she abruptly sat beside him, whispering quite loudly and not very subtly into his ear,

"You left me BAST..." She huffed a little insulted though it wasn't in her personality to keep a grudge so she quickly looked over it and grinned, "Some of your audience didn't get a chance to tip you so they gave it to me. Here." She holds out her hand for him, a few coppers and silvers in her grasp.

Arbie had an amazing day. His sales were as good as ever and as a dwarf it pleased him to his core, his soul. He had plenty to spend to make more objects and also for himself... and the caravan of course. He had begun to pack up, but his store remained open for business for a bit longer. Keeping out the more popular items and putting away the more expensive and also the less popular things as well.

Eventually Arbie was getting tired and hungry. Plus it was getting late so people were gonna be annoying and drunk and do stupid shit around his stall. So he packed up completely, leaving a closed sign on his table. He'd get Foxy to grab the tables tomorrow or later. He sauntered back to camp with a big bag on his back, arriving just after Foxy. He puts his large back down and goes to get some Stag meat, his attention kept on the conversation as it continued. These barbarians were an interesting bunch.

Bast chuckled," Thanks, Foxy." He took one of the silvers and left the others in her hand, "You can have those, for the trouble. I'm feeling generous."

Esra spoke to Mircea, having moved from her seat to stand where she could see them better, "But, Mircea...how can Natin share a memory with Blu? Doesn't he have a block?"

"Well," Mircea paused for a moment to think, "with mine, I can see because I connect with the vessel through their magic and natural energy. Blu's blockage prevents me from connecting my magic with him further than surface level, or any other person for that matter. But, with memory sharing, it's not an attempt at connecting. It's simply relaying information to the other person- everything Blu thought he felt and saw was what Natin experienced. Which, is much harder to do than it sounds."

"Yes," Ballam joined," Must have concentration, can not force."

"In most cases, yes. You can't force someone to experience a memory with you, just as you can't force someone to share a memory with you. Doing so would be a dangerous process for both parties."

"Why do you know so much about it?" Blu inquired.

"Ahur, he told me about many types of magic I may encounter. I can't use most of it, but it's always good to know. OH! speaking of which," Mircea started searching for something in his side pouch, pulling out a thin line of metal with various crystals attached to it, "This is for you, Blu. It's a crystal set."

Blu stepped closer to Mircea as the elf handed him the set, "What is it for?"

"It's a gift, and one that should prove useful for you until we can get the block removed."

"Ah, I know what those are. May I see them?" Bast said, gesturing for Blu to come closer. The impline did, gently holding the gift in his hand before Bast plucked it from his palms. "Look here, tyke," He held the crystals towards the fire, the light dimly shining through them, "You can use magic with these without expending your own energy. They just have to be recharged, magic makes their colors darker. When they get to a point where you can see firelight through them, they are running low."

"How do you use them?" Blu's ears moved with his head as he looked at the crystals.

"I can teach you soon, but not right now." Bast handed the beaded crystals back to him, "Don't worry, they are almost empty right now, but they are stable. Nothing will accidentally happen, just keep them on hand."

Blu nodded, not entirely sure what he meant by stable, but not wanting to bother him more while he ate.

Natin said something to Ballam, now holding the sleeping Gin in his lap. The elder cleared his throat, gaining Mircea's attention again. "You have gift of sight?"

"Ay, I have one," Mircea smiled gently, "Would you like to try?"

Ballam made a noise in thought that sounded something like a laugh, "No use for me, I will soon pass. Natin still young, he try."

The warrior didn't look too comfortable with being volunteered, but he nodded.

"Alright, hold out your hand and close your eyes."

Natin hesitated, but did as he was told. Mircea took the clawed hand into his own, following the same procedure he always did to begin. Esra was watching the two intently, patting Blu on the knee when he sat on a stump beside her. To her it was always fascinating to see Mircea work his magic, though it was quite simple. The reactions of people varied with each telling and sometimes Mircea would come out of it with his own reaction.

"If you look carefully, he's in a daze," Esra whispered to Blu, who looked at Mircea with his brows furrowed. "I wonder how long this one will be."

"Can he see everything?" Blu asked, his voice also a whisper.

"From what he has told me, not always. Sometimes it's glimpses, other times it's a life story. Either way, it is only what could be, should their path in life stay as it is, and is not a definite thing."

"Oh," Blu whispered, watching as Mircea opened his eyes and gently pulled away from Natin.

"yes?" Ballam inquired, looking at Mircea who seemed to still be a little dazed.

"Ah," Mircea smiled weakly, "Well, the life of a warrior is quite difficult to understand. Natin will have many nights where the cold will be his only comfort, but he will live a long life."

It was quiet for a moment, as if Ballam could tell that Mircea was keeping something from them. He chuckled and patted his robe, "Natin no worry. We know future changes."

"Ay, it does." Mircea gave a genuine smile before sighing, "I think it is time we start readying for bed. Would you like me to walk you back to your tent?"

"Yes, yes, camp." Ballam struggled to stand back up, but managed to do it on his own. Natin secured Gin with one of his arms and followed Ballam, glancing back at Blu who waved at him.

"Child," Natin broke the silence on the way to the barbarians camp looking down at Mircea, "seem lost."

"Ah, I guess he does," Mircea's hand rubbed the back of his neck, "He will find himself, my companions and I are going to help him."

Natin was quiet for a few seconds before he looked forward, "Do good." It was more a demand than a suggestion, one which Mircea caught on to.

"I'll try my best."

It wasn't long before Mircea bid them farewell and he left them to relax at their camp. Avery decided to join the elf this time, sitting down on a stump when they made it to the fire.

"Dear gods," Bast sneered, "You brought that thing along?"

"If it isn't the pest himself," Avery tucked some of his hair behind his ears, "You must feel blessed to be in my presence."

"You could fuck yourself with that arrogance."

It was awkward to Blu, he couldn't tell if they were seriously insulting each other or if it was some form of friendly greeting between the two. Neither of them looked angry or upset, but Correll had covered the impline's ears so he couldn't quite tell what they were saying as their lips moved.

"One day you'll go far, Avery, and I hope you stay there." Bast spoke again as Correll removed his hands from Blu's ears.

"Now that one hurt," Avery spoke, a half smile on his face.

"write a song about it."

"Too far, Bast, too far," Avery squinted at the eastlander before his smile grew and he looked to the others, "Hello, Hello!"

The Black Hound silently moved through the Caravans after resting for a bit, finding her designated bed and undressing herself into something more suitable for sleeping than what she had on - She threw herself under the covers and faced the wooden wall. Trying to sleep & pretending to if anyone was to pass through.

Foxy looked at her full hand of coin with a confused expression, but it softened and she nodded at Bast as thanks. She was feeling peckish too and grabbed a bite to eat, noticing Arbonath had also returned she sat right beside him, her arm pressed against his shoulder. Both of them watched as Mircea did his thing, it was always a curious sight. Foxy whisper's in the dwarf's ear;

"We managed to find what you wanted, I left the shopping in your room and I think Mission got you something too? Not too sure what, but you should thank her."

The dwarf replied with his mouth full, "Of course of course, I'm not rude."

"Well... no but... you can forget to be polite."

Arbonath just grumbled in response and swallowed his food. Mircea finished up with his moment with the barbarian, an intense back and forth of looks left Arbonath slightly worried for the Barbarian, but who knows what the future holds for him really. Mircea's magic was always freaky to the dwarf, it scared him slightly and is why he never asked for a reading. A few moments passed and a familiar face joined the campsite after their previous guests took their leave.

Bast was as harsh as ever, which kind of prompted the dwarf to greet him with less banter as it seemed to be taken beyond that just a second before.

"Avery! Good to see you lad. How have you been keepin ya' self?"

Foxy gave Avery a little wave, her finger's fluttering quickly.

"Arbonath! I've been well, all things considered." Avery pulled his sleeves up as he spoke, "How have you been? Got any new inventions going?" He glanced towards the large blonde when she waved at him and smiled in surprise, "and Who is this lovely giantess? You didn't tell me you were traveling with such a beauty!"

Mircea chuckled lightly before moving towards the caravans, "I'm going to catch a bath before more people get the idea."

"Oh, me too." Bast put his now-finished food down beside him before he stood, "best not to head out without one." He then quickly moved and swept up Blu, hanging the impline over his shoulder, "You're coming, too, Blu."

"Oooooi, I don't want a bath." Blu's tail nearly swatted Bast's face as he whined.

"Too bad, we don't want to have to smell you." Bast said in a tone that made it clear he was only partially joking. Mircea had already gone inside and grabbed all of them some clothing as well as a pouch of something Blu couldn't see but could smell something flowery from it.

"What is that?" Blu questioned, propping himself up on Basts' back.

"just herb water, if you mix it with soap and lather it in your hair it smells nice."

"Oh?" Blu seemed curious.

"It's for bath-takers only," Bast added, a half smile on his face.

"I get it!" Blu huffed and purposefully went limp over the man's shoulder, causing him to have to balance the boy's dead weight out.

"And off we go," Mircea said, wanting to go ahead and get it over with. The three left with that, Blu watching the ground behind them.

Esra stood and grabbed the empty trencher Bast left behind, beginning to clean up all of the eating utensils that had piled up and putting them away. Correll helped her at first before she shooed him to instead start moving the belongings that had gotten left behind or taken out of the caravan back inside. As well as checking on the outside of the wagons, making sure nothing that had been strapped to the walls were loose or that a wheel didn't need replacing. He tried to be as quiet as possible, guessing Mission was probably trying to rest inside as she didn't seem too well when she returned.

Last edited:
Foxy's face goes a bright red, but she quickly keels over and hides her face behind Arbonath. The Dwarf remains still as ever, looking up at Avery with a chuckle. "Aye aye, I've been good - a lot of hustle & haste recently. And the last time I saw you... yeah I got a couple new things and one big thing that I'm still working on; it's going to be my baby, not quite there yet though still a lot of tinkering and some materials I got to get. But I'd say... two months maybe one and it'll be ready for unveiling." The Dwarf's eyes glance to Foxy before talking again,

"This here big annoyance is Fo...OW!" A pinch in his side, between the fingers of the large lady next to him, and although it was just a pinch with Foxy's strength it felt like she rearranged his flesh between her fingertips. He clutches his side almost crippled.

Foxy stands up, letting out a huff as her face seems to have returned to normal - her towering form walks over to Avery and she reaches her hand out at him for a handshake, "Evangeline Fox, but you can call me Foxy. Any friend of the caravan is a friend of mine!"

"I'd love to see it when you finish, I have no doubt it'll be amazing," Avery commented, trying not to chuckle at the two's exchange. His friendly grin widened when Foxy introduced herself and he took her hand to shake. "It's a pleasure to make a new friend, then!"

Esra was tempted to warn Avery about Foxy's strength, but decided against it this time. She quite liked the reactions from it. Instead, she turned her attention to Correll who seemed to be having a hard time moving Petunia so she could graze elsewhere. Correll was grumbling incoherently at the animal, looking as if he was ready to hit it. The goat had managed to wrap part of the rope around his ankle and was tugging it at different angles as she tried to eat. The sprite giggled and quickly moved to help her companion, catching the goat's attention with a hand full of grass just long enough that Correll could free himself. The grumpy boy huffed, ignoring the judging and confused stare Mal gave him when they caught glances. Petunia gave a bleat, calmly grazing on the soft grass.

"How'd she manage to do that?" Esra gently asked, patting Petunia's stomach.

"I wasn't paying attention, that's all," Correll answered, some exhaustion to his tone.

"I see," Esra smiled, "I can take over for now if you want, you seem tired. Besides, I think petunia likes me better." It was one of Esra's suggestions that were made out to seem nicer than they actually were, made evident by the long-held smile and the way she spoke. She didn't like how aggressive he was getting with the goat.

Correll's brows squished together for a moment before he relaxed, rubbing his arm, "ay, if you want."

"Good, go rest, or at least sit for a bit. You've been working all day," Esra chimed, though it seemed she had gone back to her sincere kindness, patting the male's elbow and moving to stand next to Petunia with a smile. Correll left her side to sit on the ground near the fire, watching the exchange between Foxy and the man called Avery.

"Oooh I hope so. I really hope so." Arbonath recovers and finishes up his eating. He puts his bowl back and allows Avery and Foxy to get to know each other, his interest in their conversation seemed not to interest him as much as it did with Esra. His side hurt more than anything, that'd bruise in the morning.

Foxy looks down at the hand, her grin innocent and excited as she quickly takes his hand in hers - clutching it without much care as she does and vigorously shook his arm. "Yes! Friends keep everyone happy and ticking! So how do you know this lot? Get you tied up into their trouble? Wouldn't surprise me really - but they're all so sweet... well except Bast but he means well I'm sure - I mean Mircea keeps him in check so he has that going for him, his talent is unparalleled though and so is the rest of the caravan's and I get to meet more and more interesting people than I have ever done before. Like you Avery! Tell me what you do! Oh and thanks for complimenting me earlier, I was slightly embarrassed - I rarely get looked over because of how tall I am and it sort of intimidates people but you were so nice and open and thank you!"

Classic rambling Foxy, thought Arbie. The lad's arm must be wanting to fall off and his hand must feel like mush - but hey ho, if he wants to get to know the Noble Fox then he'd have to suffer the consequences.

Avery was visibly surprised by the sudden shooting pain in his hand and arm, though his desire to end the handshake didn't show as easily. His brows had risen, eyes widened, and his smile lingered, although somewhat forced and twitching. The man chuckled weakly at her excitement, finding it oddly refreshing compared to how this long, long handshake made him feel. "You're an energetic one, Ay? That's also refreshing, but I'm afraid you're a touch too strong to let this handshake linger- My arm hurts, lovely. " It was obvious he was trying to be polite, though he also showed genuine amusement as he smiled and gently laughed as they let go of each other's hands. It seemed Mal and the young man also were amused, or at least held those expressions. "Never met a lass as strong as you, what a surprise!" He rubbed his arm in relief, "Well, to answer your questions- I met them at a tavern in the Capitol a few years ago, I'm a bard, you see," He gestured to the lute hanging on his back, "I travel, tell stories, sing. Mircea offered me a ride to the southern Midlands, and I was more than happy for the help. We see each other from time to time, mostly here. It's nothing much, really."

"That's a boring way to put it," Bast commented, moving himself as Mircea and Blu returned just behind him, the elf using a cloth to help the boy dry his hair. The silk haired man was less clothed than usual, only wearing trousers, it made Blu wonder how he wasn't cold, "I pulled Avery out of a fight in the tavern after we were all having a good conversation going, got everyone there kicked out for a few days. Everyone thought I had started the fight, so Mircea offered him a ride to the south out of guilt. Avery here accepted, and he played music for us for free. He's quite good at it. Met one of the ladies who were traveling with us at the time and they had a thing going- which apparently happens often for him. How is she now, the one with the pink hair?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," Avery chuckled, somewhat guiltily,"She moved on to her fiance, hopefully for the best."

"Ay, probably, and the noisy one?"

"A tailor now, quite good actually."

"And the-"

"I get it," Avery interrupted, his cheeks tainted a slight shade of pink,"I have a weakness for beauty, I'm afraid. At least I never did them wrong."

Bast chuckled, "Yeah, at least."

Blu yawned, growing bored of the two men's conversation. He looked over to Correll who was asleep sitting up, his arms crossed and his head just barely balanced. The impline gently patted Correll's shoulder, waking him up from dosing off, "Do you want to go to bed?" The human nodded and this started a string of people heading to bed, aside from Bast and Avery, who stayed talking by the fire.

Some time had passed, though Blu was unsure how long. He awoke in the middle of the night and was unable to get back to sleep. He scanned the caravan for some sign of morning, but the dark of night still shaded the wagon. Muffled music played from outside the caravan, a voice singing with the soft melody. He quietly got up from his cot and tip toed out of the wagon, careful to avoid the clutter and close the doors. When outside, he saw Avery sitting by himself, strumming the wooden instrument. Blu was going to say something, but the man seemed engrossed in what he was doing. He instead looked for the second voice, a more familiar one. Bast was sitting on the back balcony of the last wagon, his back against the wall, looking out at the dying embers in the distance as he gently sung. That is, until he noticed the boy peeking out from the corner at him, "Hi."

"Why are you awake, little one?" He asked, though he gestured for the kid to join him on the wooden balcony. At some point in the night, Bast had fully clothed himself, and looked far more comfortable.

"I woke up and couldn't sleep." Blu said, coming to sit next to him, his tail slowly patting the fur pelt that rested beside them.

"Ohh, that's never fun," Bast didn't seem to agree with his words, a half smile on his face as he looked back at the embers.

It took a few minutes of silence for Blu to muster the courage to speak again, unsure if Bast would even take the bait to talk, "Bast, you don't seem to like the elf city. Why? Is it a bad place?"

Bast emitted a soft snort from amusement, "No, it's not a bad place. I just have a history there I'm not exactly keen on remembering."

"Oh..What happened?" Blu asked, looking up at him curiously.

"I'd tell you, but you don't like sad stories," Bast glanced at him for a second, using the boy's own words to stave off the question, "But, I can tell you a different story."

"Oh? What is it about?"

"It's a western legend, Alright?" Bast seemed happy that Blu didn't pry further, resting an arm around the Boy's shoulders, "There was once a hidden city with a name no one knew, for it's inhabitants never told, and it was shrouded in an illusion at every turn. This city was centered within the depths of the forest, living and breathing the magic around it like air. The inhabitants were said to be the first elves, living in harmony with the natural world around them and maintaining a balance between the control and flow of magic. It was a knowledge most sought after, even today. The land was gifted to them by creatures said to be made of fire and light, who offered protection to the elves in exchange for an annual gift. They became the first deities praised by elves."

"All that for a gift?"

"Ay, shh," Bast chuckled, "The gift, as it's now called, was originally called a bride. They were to offer a single person to the forest every year who was deemed the most powerful."

"This doesn't sound happy."

"Patience, Blu," Bast glanced over his head, "The bride would go through a ritual, though it wasn't as bad as it may sound, and they'd become what is known as the beacon. Their life would be spent as one of luxury, living as an icon of protection to the people. However, one night, now known as the mayfall, the sky set red and the stars fell to earth, bringing forth a new creature. This creature spoke to the beacon, persuading them to leave the city in exchange for knowledge beyond their understanding. The beacon agreed, leaving the city unprotected as they had betrayed their agreement, and allowing for others to find the elves. But, this was not the end for the hidden city. At least, that is what I believe. The inhabitants that didn't choose to follow the beacon disappeared, leaving only traces behind. I like to think that seeing the hurt and lives lost, caused by the beacon's betrayal, their protectors used their powers to move the city into a realm untouched by mortal flesh, where they could live happily and safe."

"But, can people really do that?"

"No, mortals can't."

"But, wouldn't they miss this realm?"

"Well, that depends on who you ask. The first elves were said to be transcendent in mind and power compared to nowadays, and the old world wasn't as forgiving as it is now."

"oh..." Blu didn't want to imagine a world that was worse, a frown showing on his face, "Why was magic so important to them? Why didn't they share it?"

"Hmm, I guess you could say some did, all of the elves weren't taken after all or else there would be none here. And, it is just a legend."

"okay," the impline seemed a little more relaxed, if not somewhat bored.

"Alright, how about I show you how to use your crystals, and you can practice until you're tired...do you have them with you?"

Blu suddenly looked excited, nodding his head and unwrapping the crystals from his wrist.

Bast took the crystals in hand, using his own magic to fill them. It was odd to watch from Blu's perspective. So far, he hadn't visibly seen magic move, but this transfer of energy was gold and moved like sand into the crystals. "When you fill them with your own energy, it can sometimes be seen. If it was daytime you probably wouldn't have noticed as easily." Blu nodded at Bast's words, watching intently.

"Now," Bast handed the crystals to him, gesturing to the first one, "Focus on this crystal and think about what you want to do."

"Um.."

"ah..." Bast thought for a moment, "You can probably trigger your camouflage using these. Since it is a natural thing for your kind, you should be able to think of a species and try to focus on details about them to match."

This took some time, at first Blu couldn't even manage to focus due to excitement. However, he had progressed some as the night drew on, being able to change parts of his skin tone. It was, to some, very little progress, but to Blu it felt like a lot. It also took a lot out of him, the boy falling asleep on the balcony, resting his head on Bast's lap. Avery had left them some time between Blu practicing and knocking out, taking the music with him. The silk haired man was still wide awake, and he stayed that way until the next morning.

When Mircea awoke that morning he did as he always would, checking the chest next to his bed before heading out. It was a ritual of sorts, and one he didn't plan on stopping any time soon. He got dressed and left his part of the caravans, making sure everything was in place to leave soon when he saw Bast and Blu. Blu was covered in a fur pelt, and Bast was braiding parts of the boy's white curls.

"Did you sleep at all?" Mircea asked, quickly being shushed by Bast.

"He hasn't been asleep long," Bast whispered, "tyke woke up in the middle of the night."

"Ah, well, good morning then." Mircea whispered back. His expressions were exaggerated, as if whispering caused him to lose control of them.

Foxy felt guilty about the whole situation, she got excitable again and didn't think - but it was taken well and the man moved onto the conversation. Her face sort of hazed over with a pink hue when it was revealed about his past with women, she didn't really know what to think and felt slightly uncomfortable. Bast didn't help of course. As the conversation came to a close she bowed her head to Avery, "Sorry about your hand. Uh... Good night." She quickly made her way to the Caravan and hid herself away.

"Mission..." A mischievous whisper.

Her eyes burst open and she was there again. The Village in the void - the strange house that look abandoned. She walked up to it again, not like she had much choice - her dream forced her to the house. She placed her hand on the doorknob and twisted it, the mechanisms clicking and the door slowly swings open. Mission steps into the room. The much larger room than the actual house it resided in, an impossibility. A fiery hall with pillars that stretched down the length of it. And that same throne facing away from the door. She tried to move around it, to try and get a look at the figure on it. She saw a red hand tapping on the armrest, an evil echoing laugh erupting from it. Suddenly a golden eye connected with hers with a flick and Mission awoke.

The Black Hound slowly sat up and rubbed her face. She felt her head burn and pulled herself away from her sleep, going outside - her attention being suddenly grabbed by the musical sounds swimming around the air of the caravan. She sneakily and stealthily climbed upon the roof of the wagon and stayed lying on her body, watching Avery and Bast sing. She smirked for a moment, before returning to her resting bitch face. Mission lay on her back and looked up at the sky - looked at the stars, letting the music soothe her as sleeping wouldn't.

Seemed Blu also stirred awake and immersed himself in the music that was foreign to him - asking questions as the boy did and managing to draw out a tale from the Dancing mage. Mission listened, it was one she had heard before but in less detail. Her mother loved stories and told many to her before falling asleep.

Mission stayed awake too, thinking of home. Thinking of her Mother.

Morning came and Mircea was the first to wake. At least first to wake at a normal time. Mission slipped down the side of the Caravan and adjusted herself. She had no idea what to do today except to collect her blade hilt, except maybe to help out with anything. To feel useful. She approached Mircea and whispered, "I'm going to collect something - is there anything we need before we head out?"

"Ay, we could use some extra provisions for the road, if you will," Mircea responded quietly, collecting a few silver coins from the pouch tied to his side and handing them to her. His attention was drug elsewhere when two figures approached the camp, a familiar, gentle laugh giving away that one was his sister. The other was Alter, who, despite somehow amusing the high elf, didn't seem too amused himself.

"Mercy, dear brother," Melody chimed as Mircea approached and met them at the edge of camp. At first she seemed quite level-headed, but this observance was shattered the moment she pulled Mircea into a hug, "Oh, I had such a difficult night keeping those people safe- from themselves, I mean! They were arguing with each other even though they could barely move, it was a sight! But, I healed them, they are okay now." She released Mircea from the hug, still hanging on his shoulder as she pointed to Alter," This man said he'd take care of me. Also, you owe him money...something about rocks."

Alter's brows scrunched further inward than they were before, only raising when he noticed the quick change in Mircea's expression from amusement to one more serious, "I said I would take her somewhere safe, which is here, with you. She was wandering outside of the tents, babbling about wounds- Tore asked me to take her to you. She's drunk, I'd never- g- ugh."

Mircea's expression shifted to one more relaxed, noticing Alter's frustration and believing his words, "Then thank you. I believe I owe you payment, right? I guess this makes two things."

"Yeah," Alter seemed to relax some, "I'll just take the coin, Falma and I are leaving Lythrope in a few minutes."

"Oh? Why so suddenly?"

"She's become a bit homesick, misses the family."

"Ah, I see, I wish you safe travels then." Mircea smiled, letting Melody stand on her own as she pulled away from him to mumble something. The two men discussed the price of Alter's carvings, Mircea giving him the coin as they finished. Alter initiated a handshake and partial hug with Mircea, a common eastern greeting and farewell. When the contact had ended, Mircea noticed something was placed in his inner shirt pocket, not bothering to look at it now. For whatever reason, the impline obviously didn't want to anyone to know. He instead fastened the shirt closed as Melody tugged on it, saying, "I want to go, toooo."

"Oh, right, can you give this to Blu?" Alter asked and pulled a box from the bag strapped to his back, trying not to watch Melody be less graceful than most high elves were seen out of what little respect he had for her, "Falma insisted."

Mircea took the box as it was handed to him and nodded, "Of course, I'll give it to him when he wakes."

"Another time," Alter backed away, glancing at the figure he'd been avoiding looking at until now as he continued to move away, his voice raising, "Be careful on the roads, I hear bandits are rampant in the west this year."

"Thank you for the warning, safe travels." Mircea waved shortly, Melody mimicking the gesture with a snort.

"C'mon, Melody, you need water," Mircea took her wrist and led her to the edge of the caravan as Alter left the camp, Falma joining his side. He helped her get water and drink it, the high elf soon coming to relax some.

It wasn't too long before yet another two people came to their camp, Ballam and Natin. The elder held something in his hands, a beaming smile on his face as he came closer. "I bring gift." Gift was one way to put it, considering it was several long necklaces made of rope and oddly intricate bead-work. Ballam gestured for Mircea to bend and the elf did, allowing him to place one of them around his neck.

"You show great kindness, we thank you." The elder began giving Mircea the other necklaces, "For Your tribe, too. Our clan, these show friendship."

"Thank you," Mircea smiled gently, though he wondered what harshness they endured to see his act as one of kindness. However, their attention was pulled away by a distinct pained noise coming from the back of the caravans. Looking over there showed Gin, who had woke Blu up by pulling on his tail harshly. Bast was fast asleep at first, only being woken up when Blu sat up in an aggressive, half asleep state and kicked the child, causing Bast to lose his balance, and making Gin fall off the balcony to the ground. Gin started to cry, her nose bloodied.

"Blu!" Mircea scolded, though it was cut off by a Ballam gently chuckling. Natin grabbed Gin by the back of her shirt and lifted the child to her feet, patting her head after he let go, "She learn. Dan ver num." Gin nodded, wiping the tears and small amount of blood away with her sleeve.

Blu looked a mess, his curls awry with small braids sticking out here and there, his expression confused and disheveled as he caught his breath.

"We sorry," Ballam spoke to Blu, "Gin never seen baelban. She is....Curious."

Blu glanced the child called Gin, some concern shining through his sleepy expression, "Are you alright?"

Gin didn't respond at first, just staring at Blu with her odd eyes before sticking a tongue out at him.

"I don't think she understands our language, Blu," Mircea commented, being met with a nod from Natin who crouched in front of Blu.

"Gift," Natin said as he pulled a trinket from around the armor on his chest. It was a thick metal that was rough like stone and shaped like a decorative eye, it's ends wrapped in rope which hung the trinket originally, "take."

Blu smiled, though he didn't completely understand, taking the trinket into his hand and nodding as Natin stood back up, "Thank you."

Mircea was curious about it, but he currently had a sleeping Melody clinging to his arm. "Your tribe is far too kind, Ballam."

"No, no," Ballam commented, "We not welcome, yet you welcome us. We return this."

Bast was sitting there quietly after having caught himself, watching the interactions. However, this silence was short lived, "Are we leaving today or what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back